THE CHASING OF OBI-WAN KENOBI: Part 2

by:  Seven O'Nine
Feedback to:  jsolinas@erols.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


BAM BAM BAM!

Qui-Gon jolted awake, amidst a tangle of bedsheets, at the sound of fists hammering on his door. "Who is it?" he shouted, pulling on a pair of pants as he rose and ran to the door.

The doors opened to reveal the ornately-dressed form of a very irate young prince. One of the things that Qui-Gon had first noticed about Prince Calian was that he was unusually large and muscular. Obi-Wan had unfavorably compared him to a Kamsian gorilla, and though Qui-Gon had reprimanded him for the comment, he had to admit it was accurate.

He looked surprised at finding Qui-Gon in Obi-Wan's suite, but quickly regained his composure. "Where's that apprentice of yours?" he snarled.

Qui-Gon sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I don't know, why?"

"Because if he doesn't stop ogling Mirika, I am going to tear him apart!"

"Why?" Qui-Gon asked, sinking onto a brocaded couch. Calian began to pace across the suite, strangling thin air between his fingers.

"Because that little worm wants her for himself!" Calian snapped. "If you see him, warn him. Otherwise..."

The younger man stormed out the door, leaving a very tired Jedi Master in his wake.


Obi-Wan glanced into the sparkling dinner hall, where the purple-clad figure of King Ajuka was standing, ordering the servants around. They carried light tables and chairs, preparing for the wedding feast.

He grimaced, looking down the hall furtively for Calian or Mirika. No sign of either. He began to tiptoe across the high archway...

"Ah, Kenobi!"

He almost sobbed in frustration at the kindly king's voice. The white-bearded old man walked over to him, smiling amiably, and put a ring-covered hand on his shoulder. "You're having a good time, Kenobi?" he asked warmly.

Obi-Wan bobbed his head, praying that Mirika didn't hear her father's booming comments.

The old man shook his head. "My daughter's taken quite a fancy to you," King Ajuka continued dreamily. "Quite shy around most young men..."

Shy? Obi-Wan almost fell over and choked at the description.

"Ah, but maybe it's you being a Jedi," Ajuka finished with a wide grin. Then he glanced over Obi-Wan's shoulder. "Ah, here she comes now!"

Obi-Wan made a noise similar to "glurk" as he started away from the old king, his heart dancing up in his throat.

"Obi-Wan!" High, fluting voice, and the patter of extremely flimsy shoes. Obi-Wan hurriedly changed his look of panic to one of serenity, however forced the serenity might be.

The Princess Mirika pranced up beside him, her long golden hair aswirl around a face, that housed the biggest pair of blue eyes Obi-Wan had ever seen in a humanoid. "I've been looking all over for you," she said, linking one long arm around his.

The king walked back the dining hall with a satisfied smile, as the princess began gently but firmly dragging Obi-Wan toward the huge lawn outside the palace. "The starlight lilies are so lovely right now," she said shyly. "I say hello to them every morning. Don't you just adore flowers, Obi-Wan?"

He heard himself mutter a feeble assent, and she began to skip alongside him.

Help, he prayed, looking up at the sky. Anything, anything to distract her...

"KENOBI!" Prince Calian appeared between a pair of trees, looking positively murderous....


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||