A CHANGE IN PLANS: Part 3

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


You step into the office of the new base C-O, Commander Xiloft. He is a lithe man with blonde almost white hair, pale skin and cold green eyes.

He looks up from the work on his desk, "Sgt. you're here. Shut the door. We need to talk."


Sniffling once again, you wipe your red puffy eyes with a tissue. Staring out the front window, you reassess your life.

"Medical suspension pending a hearing." The balled up wad of tissue lands in the trash container. "It had to be him. I just know it."

You sit awaiting Qui's return after sending an emergency dispatch to the Temple on Coruscant stating he must return home immediately. That was two days ago. Barely eating and sleeping, you wait for him.

A speeder hurries over the horizon, stopping abruptly in front of your home. Qui speaks briefly to the driver and jumps out running to the house. He bursts in the door.

"Chana?" He spots you on the sofa and kneels at your feet, "Are you okay?" The master pants stroking your puffy eyes.

"I'm on suspension." Your tone is flat

He pulls away, "What?"

"I'm on suspension."

"This is the emergency? You're on suspension? Are you out of your bloody mind?!" He stands up to his full height, "You pulled me away from a truce for a disciplinary action?"

"YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

"Chana I can not come running halfway across the galaxy everytime you throw a tantrum!"

"Me?! A tantrum! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here right now."

"Woman don't you know I can get into serious trouble with the Council?"

"Sucks when people fuck with your job doesn't it."

Qui stops himself from lunging at you. Your body quakes at the hostility that revs through your bond. The last thoughts you sense before he leaves the room are-- //I'd better leave before I kill her.//


The Master meditates for the next seven hours in isolation.


You close your eyes trying your best to handle the waves of nausea you're feeling. Ever since you woke up this morning and puked up your dinner, you've been feeling like shit. Sometimes your mood lightens only to dive deep in the dumps again. But one thing is consistent you're pissed at Qui-Gon for messing with your life. How dare he make decisions for you.

Ardeth walks into the house dusting sand on to your freshly vacuumed floor. Typical.

He swears in Titanese never to deal with Corellians again. Long black hair, saturated with waves just grazes his shoulders.

"You're here." You shift position on the sofa which has become your bed. You have no desire to sleep with Qui-Gon.

"So it appears." He tosses his robe over the side of a chair and disappears into the kitchen.

You close your eyes again and sigh.

"Why are you sulking?" Ardeth's characteristic growl floats to your ears.

"I'm not sulking." You watch him gulp a glass of water.

"Fine." He turns to walk away.

"Wait." You leap from the chair. You're pissed at Qui not him. There's no need in punishing him. "I missed you." Your arms wrap around Ardeth's narrow waist.

You strain to look up at his face.

"I missed you as well." He softens caressing you.

You guide him to a chair and gesture for him to sit. You climb on to his lap and straddle him kissing his face softly.

"Ardeth," You begin between kisses.

He acknowledges with tiny pecks.

"Make love to me." You kiss him fully on the lips.

He caresses your face, "Qui-Gon told me not touch you. And I will honor his wishes."

You stare coldly at him, "What? Where--?"

"Outside, we had a conversation before I came in..."

You hop out of his lap, "THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

//Why in the name of the Force would I bond with such a domineering male?!//

"I am not domineering," Qui intones walking through the front door. "I just know what's best."

"So says you." You turn to Ardeth, "Did he tell you I'm pregnant."

Ardeth nods slowly placing the glass on an end table.

"What do you think about it?" You demand

"The way you're handling this, I'm glad I'm not the father."

"And that means??" You prod

"Nothing." Ardeth glares at you, "This is between you and he. I have no part in this."

"Oh so now you have no part." You pick up a pillow and throw it at him, "You're disavowing your responsibilities as a bond- father?!"

Ardeth easily uses the Force to move the pillow before it strikes him.

"Chana you need to calm down." The Knight warns.

"Of course I will be the bond-father. It's just that it will be difficult. I have no time for children."

"I can not believe my ears." Qui stammers, his face is flushed. "I...can...not...believe...my ears. Am I the only one in this family joyed at the prospect of life?"

He shakes his head and walks out the door leaving it open.


You kneel staring at the lit candles inside the mini- shrine to the Living Force inside town. You have done your best to communicate with your missing life-mate Qui-Gon. He walked out two weeks ago and never came back.

In that time you've done a lot of thinking. You realized though his tactics were less than desirable his intentions were honorable.

//Will he come back?// Fresh tears roll down your cheeks.

"Tears here?" A woman says behind you.

You wipe your face and turn around. "I am sorry." This place is so sensitive your emotions will probably affect the dozen or so people here.

"Come." The woman says adjusting her attire. She is a Jedi. Long silvery gray hair is twisted in intricate braids achieving an elegant yet powerful look.

You sit next to her on a bench.

"You have been calling to him all morning." She says with a soothing tone. "He has probably heard you."

"Yeah well you're right." You shake your head, "Goodness, I'm such a mess."

"Talk to me. Sometimes it is good to unburden the soul."

"What can I say? I have driven away the man I love with my selfishness. One instance after another I hurled insult after insult to a man who just wanted to protect his family---" You begin crying.

She strokes your arm. The Jedi sighs and smiles. "You are with child."

You nod. "Yes."

"It is a boy." Her gaze is compassionate.

You feel as though you can tell her anything.

"I don't know. I haven't even been to a doctor yet."

"I am sure it is a boy."

You gaze at her, "How do you know?"

"It was my job for many years....I am a healer." Her smiles warms your heart.

You sob into her arms. After composing yourself she explains that all the emotions you are experiencing are compounded by your elevated hormone levels.

"So this is like a major case of PMS?"

She chuckles, "In a way, yes. What was the disagreement over?"

"My career. I am a soldier with the Security Forces."

"And?--"

"And I wanted to bury my head in the sand and keep going like everything was normal."

"That would not be possible."

"Yes. Qui knew this too and tried pointing it out to me. I just wasn't ready to listen. So he got me suspended."

"Do you want this child?"

You caress your stomach and think of the love you share with Qui. And how apart of him is now inside of you.

"Yes. I do." You sniffle desperately trying to keep from sobbing, "And now he won't know because I'm being sent to Malastare."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||