AVLON

by:  Avlon
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"Gods I'm sorry,I did not see you master" Qui gon spluttered helping Master Yoda to his feet. somehow or rather the tall jedi had accidently knocked Master Yoda down again. [Damn.. I why do i keep doing that? ] He thought ,cringing at the number of times he had done that.

"Get up myself I can, speak to you in private I must." said Yoda breathing heavily. " Walked all over temple looking for you did I."

The 2 of them headed down the hall way to the empty council meeting room.

"What was it you wanted to speak to me about master?"

"Knighted Obiwan is, new padawan you must train." yoda instructed.

"Master, is it wise for me to take on another padawan? I'm not getting any younger."

Yoda, ignoring his question continued, " Killed in an attack,was Master Saiuri. Need new master Avlon does. train her you will."

Qui Gon , in no position to argue agreed.


Avlon waited impatiently in the holding room. She was asked to be there by 3 pm.now look at the time, it was 15 minutes past 3. She paced around the small room with a scowl on her face.

Avlon had just turned 16 and she was already blossoming onto a real looker. she had a set of stunning oriental eyes the colour of moonstones. Half her long hair was red and the other jet black and she wore it down parted in the middle where the redmet the back. Her padawan braid was draped across her right shoulder. Her skin was fair and smooth but her mouth was set in the most determined way.

[ I'll never get to close again. not now and not ever] she thought. Master saiuri had been everything her mother her teacher her sister her friend all rolled into one.The pain of loosing her was unbearable and she did not want to experience the pain of loss again. She had tried to put this all behind her but only succeeding in hiding it in a dark corner of her mind. She still missed her Master but concealed her feelings behind a barrier.

Finally the intercom buzzes her presence was called for in the council meeting room.With downcast eyes she entered the room.

"Ahhh... welcome young Avlon " Yoda greeted, bowing formally. Avlon bowed in return but when she straightened, she found herself looking at someone's chest.Her yellow-green eyes trailed upwards and kind blue eyes met hers. [Why didn't she notice his presence?] she wondered.

"Avlon this is master Qui Gon Jinn. Train you he will."

[ Gods] Avlon thought [ He's at least half a meter taller than me]

Qui Gon bowed " Greetings to you young one." Avlon, remembering herself bowed too.

" Leave you 2 now I will " said yoda shuffling to the door. " Get to know each other you will."

[What? just like that? Just one lousy intro and bam is is to be my master just like that? Who on earth does he think he is]Avlon thought irritably.

[ Point taken young one ] Came a mental reply. [as small and as green as he may be , Master yoda is wise and sometimes we just have to obey him. ] This reply failed to bring even a slightest smile to Avlon's face.

"Like it or not, I guess you're stuck with me till your training is complete." Qui gon said with a twinkle in his eye.

Avlon's eyes darkened . Her eyes narrowing. [Ugh...he thinks he's damn funny. men.]

"At least try to make the best of it." he added with a slight smile. Qui gon was promptly rewarded with a nasty scowl.

[ UhOh...this was NOT going to be easy.]


"Take that and that and that!" Avlon screeched, light sabers clashing in a fury of green and white lights.

Finding herself cornered, Avlon leaped into the air right over Qui gons head.

"OWWWW!" Avlon cried, landing with a loud thud on the floor.

Qui gon quickly extinguished his lightsaber. "Are you all right " He asked, offering a hand to help her up."

"I can get up myself" she snapped.

He backed off but was ready to help her if necessary. The things Masters now have to endure.

Although she had been training under Qui gon for almost a month now, she had noteven tried being nice to him. She was distant and cold even at meal time and basically wasn't very good company. She was determined to keep the vow she made.

She winced at the pain in her leg as she tried to get up. She took a step and promptly fell to the floor in a heap. Intense pain shot through her leg and shebarely managed to suppress her cry of pain.

Wordlessly he scooped her up in his arms and headed in the direction of the healers.

[Gods.. she weighed almost nothing ] he thought. He swore he could feel her ribs. Avlon was in too much pain to resist her masters, soon blacked out.


Avlon slept fitfully. Qui Gon studied his padawan's face. Why, now that she was asleep, she actually looked innocent. All traces of her scowl had disappeared. His hand touched her smooth face as he brushed a stray lock of red hair away from her face.

[ Poor kid. she must have been through alot ]


Hours later, Avlon woke up. She looked around [ ugh...the healers...]the last time she was there, Master Yoda brought her his all time favourite gruel.

"Strong jedi it would make you" he told her as he watched her eat the loathsome gruel. Master Jinn sat in a chair next to her bed. she wondered how long he'd been there. In fact, he had been there the whole time. She started feeling guilty. He appeared deep in thought so Avlon reached out and gently tugged at his cloak sleeve.

He turned and greeted her with a smile, "You're up . quite a fall you had there." he said ruffling her hair.

The wall of emotions hiding Avlon's feelings collapsed. Old memories were raked up Master Saiuri had always been there for her especially when she got hurt. she was there to dress ever wound no matter how small it was. When she fell ill, her Master would stay up all night to tend to her. And now, even though she had treated Qui Gon so badly, he was there for her. He cared just like Master Saiuri.

Avlon felt tears well up in her eyes ," Master...I ...I'm sorry for the way i treated you ... I..."

Qui Gon gently cupped her face in his hands, drawing his eyes to meet hers. " Don't cry young one...I understand..don't cry." He whispered, holding her close, wiping her tear stained face. Avlon burried her face in his robes sobbing quietly. he smoothed her red/black hair whispering " its all right." over and over again.

Master Yoda watched this from outside the glass door. A smile crossing his wrinkled face. In his hand was a steaming bowl of GRUEL.


TO BE CONTINUED....I hope.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||