A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY HOME: Part 5

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.
The lyrics are for the song "Charlie Smalls", as sung by Stephanie Mills.


The mid-afternoon sun radiates through the blinds. You rest on the couch scrolling through a datapad while Ardeth sits cross- legged on the floor in front of you. He meticulously cleans the carbon scoring that has built up on the hilt of his saber.

"You are in retirment." He says in his native Titanese.

"Semi-retirement." You answer back easily. You maneuver your foot to touch his tunic.

"This is too dangerous. Assassins." He growls back.

"I am trained."

"That is not the point." He glares at you. His expression makes you turn away. You know what he is referring to, the main reason you are in semi-retirement now.

"I know." You answer meekly. Guilt shrouds you.

His rough hand caresses your leg. "No." He shakes his head. "No guilt. It was not your fault." He returns to cleaning his weapon. "It is his fault."

Ardeth stops and closes his eyes. Letting go of his anger and hate. "I do hope one day he learns the value of his soldiers."

His eyes re-open to see the duchess standing before him. She is wearing a short sheer gown that stops at her mid-thigh. Her satin robe is open and touches the floor. She places her hands on her hips and flings her hair back.

"What time is it?" She asks, voice raspy.

"Mid day." You answer wondering if she knew ahead time that there was someone out here with you.

The duchess frowns. "Oh." She sways her hips seductively.

You sense Ardeth's annoyance more than anything else. You force back a grin.

"Cover yourself." He retorts in Galactic Standard. His heavy accent punches the words.

"Who the hell are you?" She barks complying.

Ardeth ignores her and continues cleaning the hilt. He was never very sociable and lousy at negotiations. But still, he is a great leader and a good man.

You decide to inform her yourself. Hell she had to know. "He lives here. This my lifemate, Ardeth Fay." You motion to him as his utility belt glides to his waiting hand.

The duchess eyes him suspiciously. "Oh." She humphs and wanders into the kitchen.

//That went well.// You tease

"She is spoiled." He says in titanese. "She will not listen to you. Watch her carefully."

SW-40 shuffles to the knight and hands him his cloak.

"Where are you going?" You ask craning up to receive his kiss.

"To town. I have a feeling we are working together yet again." His kiss is tender. "I will be back tonight."

He is out the door in a flash.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||