IN TIME OF NEED: Part 14

by:  Jmas and PHO
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Part 14: Feretti  [by PHO]

Damn it's cold down here.

This whole thing is just so damned unfair. Daniel is the kindest, most gentle human being I've ever met. He'd give the shirt off his back to his worst enemy. … Okay, maybe not quite that saintly, but damned close. I've seen the reports, the number of times he's not only figured out why the bad stuff was happening, but what the real reason behind it was. How many times have his theories saved SG-1, hell, all of the SG teams at some point? He's the last person I'd ever have thought would get addicted to anything, except maybe Kleenex.

Damn bitch. It's her fault. Daniel wouldn't be in this mess, if not for her. I'd like to get my hands around her scrawny little…. Whoa! Easy Feretti. Now is not the time. Gotta find Daniel. I agree with Colonel O'Neill. He's gotta be down here somewhere. Alone in this, this dungeon.

Okay. Nothing yet. I'll let the Colonel know there's nothing over here and head down one le…

"Feretti!"

Oh God! Where? There. Oh Shit! O'Neill's doing compressions. Shit, shit, shit! Why won't the damned button … There! "Medical Emergency, sub-level seven, north quarter."

One, two, three, four, relax. O'Neill breathes for him. One, two, three, four, relax. Another breath. Where the hell is the emergency team?

"Dammit Daniel! Breathe!"

God, O'Neill's really freaking here. If Daniel doesn't wake up … shut up, Feretti. Jackson's got at least 6 more lives, before we have to worry. One, two, three, four, relax. Come on, Daniel, this is getting monotonous. What?

"Hold it, Feretti."

I don't know who's more pale, Daniel or the Colonel, but… is that? … Yes! He's breathing. Thank you, God. Damn he's cold! Oh, no, Colonel. You're not looking too good yourself. We'll wrap him in my jacket, thank you very much.

Are those tears in O'Neill's eyes? Okay, you knew he was human, but he's usually better at … Get real, Feretti, he's exhausted, and let's face facts, scared to death. We all are. Truth be told, I'd say most of the base is worried about losing Doctor Jackson. Except for the assholes, and they don't count for shit. And, I'm betting the good Doctor doesn't even realize how important he is to this command. He's just so damn modest.

"I'll take him now, gentlemen."

Dr. Frasier's here now, kneeling beside Daniel, trying to pry Jack's hands away. Uh Oh. The Colonel looks like he's gonna put up a fight. I put a hand on his shoulder, and his head jerks up, looking straight at me, uh, through me.

"Colonel, let the medical team do their job. You've done yours."

He glances from me, to Dr. Frasier, to Daniel, then back to me. Nods, stands up, moves away, and slams a fist into a storage unit. Better it than me. Shit, what a mess.

Damn it's cold down here.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||