RELATIVES

by: Skyjack
Feedback to: Skyjack@crosswinds.net

Author's Notes:  I would like to thank J. Traverse and S. McNeille for their help with the names and of course my beta readers S. ten Hoeve, A. van Dijken.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Due to maintenance on the Iris almost all SGC personnel got some time off. Only two defense teams were left behind to guard the Stargate. General Hammond was looking down at the now empty gate room when Daniel walked in.

"It's strange leaving this place for two weeks don't you think Dr. Jackson? I haven't been away from this place for more than a couple of days, ever since we started this program here." the general said.

"Yes, Sir it is, but we can al use the time off, so if you are ready come with us we're the last ones to leave." Together they left.


A few days later Colonel Maybourne arrived at the SGC with a team. The defense team was highly surprised to see him because General Hammond had told them they only needed to make sure no- one would come through the gate. The teams commanding officer Major Tom Wilson stepped up to Colonel Maybourne.

"Colonel, Sir, please explane your arrival Sir. We we're told they would be no gate activations from our side Sir." Major Wilson said.

Colonel Maybourne then started to explane; "Major, this is a special mission, it is Top-Secret and you are hereby under orders not to discuss this mission with anyone, understood?"

"Yes, Sir!" the Major replied, "Clear the ramp men!"

Maybourne went into the computerroom and dialed for a planet. When he got back he stepped up to a young Lieutenant "You will find what you are looking for at the other side."

"Yes, Sir! Thank you Sir!" the Lieutenant answered.

So it was that a team from Colonel Maybourne was sent through. When he was gone a Captain walked over to Major Wilson.

"Sir did you see that Lieutenant he stepped up to Sir, must have been only 18 or 19 isn't that very young Sir? Actually the whole team looked very young to me and those coordinates weren't they for one of the hostile planets we learned about at training? Chulak if I'm not mistaken."

"Captain we are under orders not to discuss this mission with anyone, but you are right, this was very strange." Why would someone send such a young and probably unexperienced team to a hostile planet? He wondered.


After the two weeks had passed the SGC turned back to normal. General Hammond was on his way to the defense team barracks to ask whether there had been any abnormalities.

"Good morning Major Wilson, have there been any gate activations from the other side while we were gone?"

The Major doubted for a moment before he answered and the General noticed it. " No Sir, but........."

"But what Major?"

Tom wondered if he should tell General Hammond about Colonel Maybourne and the team, but he remembered that he was under strict orders not to talk about this mission and answered: "Nothing Sir, there have been no gate activations from the other side Sir."


The next day General Hammond was still thinking about that 'but' from Major Wilson. He had the feeling there was something the Major wanted to tell him but decided not to. What he didn't know was how right he was. Then suddenly the Gate came to life, totally unexpected by everyone present. The General saw that the engineer opened the Iris. What the heck, he thought, why is he opening the Iris. He hurried his way down to the computerroom.

"Close the Iris!" He yelled on his way down, "we don't have any teams offworld at the moment!"

"But Sir,. .." The engineer started, "I'm receiving a signal designated as SG-13."

"We don't have a SG-13." The general mumbled.

Then a young Major stumbled through the Gate and fell down. General Hammond summoned for a medical team as he and Colonel O'Neill approached the Major.

"Son, identify yourself." He said on arrival.

On a weak tone the Major answered: "I am Major Evan Stone, commanding officer of SG-13" and then he passed out.

The Major was brought to the infirmary. Docter Frasier explained that he was wounded pretty badly, unconscious, not a host and that they would know more about his condition when he woke up again. Three hours later the Major awakened, still weak but alive.


The next day O'Neill and Hammond went to the infirmary to talk to the Major.`

Hammond began: "Could you explane why you said you are the C/O of SG-13?"

"Well Sir that is because I am." He answered.

Jack jumped in at this point: "We have twelve teams, SG-1 to SG- 12, there is no 13 Major!"

The Major was totally surprised and looked at General Hammond for explanation.

"Hold your horses Colonel. Can you show me his jacket Dr. Frasier?"

Dr. Frasier handed General Hammond the jacket and on the side it showed a SGC patch which said 'SG-13'. Jack and Hammond looked at each other not knowing how this was possible.

"Who gave you your orders Major?" Hammond wanted to know.

"Colonel Maybourne did Sir." Jack went from amazed to angry.

"Why didn't you let me beat the crap out of this guy?" Jack yelled.

Then he started thinking, last time he was sending teams through the second Stargate, but that one has a permanent Iris welled on it so he must have used our gate this time, but how and when?

"When did you go on your mission?" He then asked.

"About two weeks ago, Colonel."

The General was also starting to get angry by now. "Well I'll be ....... He used our gate during the maintenance. What happened on your mission Major, why are you the only one to come back?"

The Major told about how they were sent on recon mission. They were attacked the moment they came out of the gate. They all died except he and Lieutenant McQuaid. Here he took a little pause, the thought of the death of his teammates was hard. He told them how they were taken to a prison and led before Klorell, he took a liking for her and had her taken to another part of the complex, that was the last he had seen of McQuaid.

"I'm sorry for the loss of you team Major. Colonel get Major Wilson and join me in the debriefing room, I want to have a word with him."


When Jack and Tom arrived at the debriefing room Hammond was already waiting.

"Sit down Major. Remember yesterday when I asked you if there had been any gate activations?"

"Yes Sir, I do."

"And you answered there hadn't been any." The Major was starting to get a little nervous at this point.

"Well Major I've got an new question for you; Have there been any gate activations from our side then?"

"Well Sir..." He hesitated.

"C'mon Wilson! Speak up."

"Colonel O'Neill take it easy, Major?"

"Well General Sir, I am under strict orders not to discuss the matter with anyone Sir."

"Did Colonel Maybourne give you that order? If so I order you to speak up now, I outrank him you know."

"OK then, yes there has been a gate activation by Colonel Maybourne Sir, but how did you find out? I know my men didn't tell you."

"We found out when Major Stone came through the gate badly wounded. He's the only surviving member."

This was quite a shock for Tom.

"Only him?!? My god I knew it, they were far to unexperienced, the youngest team member couldn't have been older than 19. I should never have let him sent this team to Chulak."

"19 ?!? Chulak ?!?" Jack yelled, "wait till I get my hands on that guy."

The General assured Tom that he didn't do anything wrong but in the future he wasn't supposed to take any more orders from Colonel Maybourne. Then he asked him to go and get the rest of SG-1 while he spoke to Jack for a moment.

"Jack you should know that I will try to get things out in the open but you have to promise me you won't go near Maybourne."

"You'd better keep him out of my neighbourhood then!"

"Jack I mean it, I can make it an order if that suits you better?"

"Not neccesary Sir, I'll keep my hands of him."


Then the rest arrived they were all wondering why they got called up there. They could tell by the grim look on Colonel O'Neill's face it was serious.

"Well SG-1 it seems like Colonel Maybourne has been up to his old tricks again, only this time he used our Stargate to send a team through. You are probably wondering how, well the answer is simple, during the maintenance. Major Stone in the infirmary is proof of that and there's a possibility one of his Lieutenants is still alive. Teal'c I need to know something, if a Goauld takes a liking for a special person is it likely they will still be alive now?"

"General Hammond it is most likely that the person you are talking about has become a host or has been killed. It is like the time when Apophis first came here and took one of your officers with him. The goa'uld did not find her good enough to become her host, and so she was killed."

"No rescue mission then." And in a reaction to the look on Colonel O'Neill's face he added. "Colonel I don't like it either but I'm not risking any lives for someone we are not even sure of is still alive."

"Understood General, but I still think it sucks."


Teal'c couldn't have been more right about the fate of Lieutenant McQuaid. After she had been seperated from Major Stone she was brought to a special room where the Goauld Kadash took posession of her body.

During the ceremony a Tok'ra infiltrant was present. He decided to try and get her out of here cause after all she was one of the Tauri.

When the coast was clear he picked her up and carried her towards the Stargate. This was possible cause the blending took a little time to complete just like with General Carter and Selmac.

When he got to the gate he decided to dial for Cimmeria where she could be relieved of the Goauld. He had just sent her through when he heard a lot of screaming behind him, Klo'rel and a group of guards came running towards him.

Furious cause the Tok'ra had taken his mate he yelled "Take him!" pointing at the Tok'ra and then he stepped through the gate without checking where the Tok'ra dialed to.

When he realized he had landed on Cimmeria it was too late he was transported to the complex which has only one way out, Thors Hammer. The Tok'ra managed to get away from the guards and rejoined the other Tok'ra again.


The next day the gate activated, General Hammond, was present in the computerroom.

"What teams are offworld?" He asked the engineer.

"SG-4, 6 and 9, Sir but it isn't any of them returning Sir, the signal has been designated as the Tok'ra."

"OK captain, open the Iris."

The next moment Martouf, Selmac and two Tok'ra guards stepped through the gate.

O'Neill was the first to reach the embarkation room, he was in a particularly good mood and when Daniel came running in he asked: "Hi Dannyboy finished playing with your rocks?"

"Artifacts Jack they are called artif....." He stopped right there when he saw the smile on Jack's face widen. I did it again, he thought, once again I have taken the bate. Then he smiled thinking of how many times Jack had managed to pull this little stunt off.

"To what do we owe this visit Selmac?" Hammond asked.

"We have a little matter to discuss with you."

"Jacob?" Hammond asked surprised by the fact that it was a normal voice and not the one of the symbiont.

"Yes George, Selmac and I agreed that it might would be better if I did the talking this time."


They all agreed to go to the briefing room where Sam and Teal'c joined them. Sam very happy to see her father again and Teal'c as silent as ever.

Jacob started talking, "Almost three weeks ago a team was sent through the gate to the planet where Klo'rel resided. He had taken over after his father was taken by Sok'har. We had an infiltrant and found out Klo'rel was looking for a host for his mate Kadash. Your team couldn't have arrived at a worse moment. They came through the gate while 10 guards were waiting for a group of possible hosts to arrive they were attacked and all but two were killed in the fight. One male and one female survived, the male one escaped from the prison and I hope he made it back here."

General Hammond interrupted Jacob here to assure him the Major was doing fine.

Jacob continued then "I am glad and so is Selmac, the female however was less fortunate. She was chosen to become the host for Kadash."

All members looked sad, after all it was one of their colleagues.

"I do have some good news, our infiltrant couldn't bare the sight and so he took her to the Stargate he dialed for Cimmeria and sent her through."

Really relieved about this good news the General asked: "So we can go to Cimmeria and pick her up?"

"It might be dangerous, I understand you know Klorell's host. Can he be trusted?"

Colonel O'Neill's eyes widened,"Are you telling me Klo'rel went to Cimmeria also?!?"

Jacob confirmed and said: "Klorell went after his mate, not knowing the wormhole went to Cimmeria."

At this point the Colonel had turned pale white.

"Skaara will be OK." He mumbled and then he left the room rather suddenly.

Jacob was surprised by the Colonel's reaction and turned towards Daniel for explanation.

"Jack's son died a while ago and Skaara has become like a son to him." Daniel explaned.

"So we can trust the host then?"

"Yes, General Carter we can trust Skaara, he's my brother in law and I spent a lot of time with him while I was living on Abydos for a year so I know we can trust him."

The General interupted the conversation and said: "Dr. Jackson, Carter, Teal'c find Colonel O'Neill and tell him we're gonna visit Cimmeria again. Jacob, Martouf, you and your friends are welcome to stay with us until SG-1 returns, hopefully with Lieutenant McQuaid and Skaara. Please tell the other Tok'ra we are very gratefull for this."

The Tok'ra decided to stay and SG-1 left.


On Cimmeria they were greeted by Gairwyn, Colonel O'Neill immediately asked: "Have there been any uh.. What did you call them?. Danny?"

"Etins." Daniel answered with a smal grin.

"Yes that's it" Jack continued "have there been any Etins lately? Two in specific an Abydonian man and a Tau'ri woman."

Gairwyn started to laugh while everybody gazed at her. "Are they your friends?"

"Yes they are. Why are you laughing?" Daniel replied.

"Oh... I'm sorry for this I couldn't help but laugh at the remembrance of them coming down from the mountains, they were very wet. They told us later that Jessie, the woman, had fallen into those irrigation channels right outside Thor's hammer and that Skaara had stood there laughing at her. She took her revenge by pulling him in when he wanted to help her out. You should have seen the way they came walking down bickering at each other, it was quite amusing you know." She explaned with a big smile on her face.

Suddenly a familiar voice yelled: "O'Neill!" Jack turned around and saw Skaara behind him.

"Skaara!" He yelled back starting to run towards him.

They ended up in a big hug. The rest had never seen Jack happier than at this moment. Next in line for a hug was Daniel.

"Skaara where are you?" They heard coming from just over that hill Skaara had run down from.

"If I'm not mistaken that is our Lieutenant McQuaid. That's definately an American accent." Daniel concluded.

The next moment a young woman showed up on top of the hill. She started to walk down checking everybody.

"Skaara?" She said.

"It's alright Jessie this is O'Neill and that is Daniel, I said you would like them, remember?"

"SG-1 right, you are sure they can be trusted Skaara?"

"What kind of a question is that!?! We are from Earth, you know that little planet we live on, and we are here to take you home, why shouldn't we be trusted?" Jack said on a very sarcastic tone.

Jessie didn't like his tone and decided to answer in a similar one: "Well Colonel, even on our little planet we have bad guys and if Maybourne sent you to take me home I would rather stay here if you get my point?"

The rest of SG-1 was perplexed by the fact that she had the nerve to talk to a higher ranking officer like that.

Jack smiled: "I like your spirit Lieutenant. I can assure you that we are not sent by Maybourne and he'd better hope I don't get my hands on him."

Jessie smiled "You're right Skaara I do like him."

Then the whole of SG-1 started laughing, even Teal'c smiled and Daniel couldn't stand the temptation: "Well Jack we finally found a worthy opponent, she's just as sarcastic as you." He said with a big grin. Jack smiled at this remark and found himself liking her already.

The night was setting in and due to the fact that they weren't expected back till tomorrow they decided to take Gairwin's invitation and join them in tonights festivities. Everyone was dressed up in local clothing and when they joined the others, Sam had the attention of almost every man present. She was quite beautiful in that dress Daniel thought. She lost most of the attention when Skaara and Jessie arrived. In that dress Jessie was even prettier than earlier when they had met her. People stopped talking and it almost became silent.

Jessie broke the silence, "You promised you wouldn't do that anymore and don't try anything....remember last time?"

The group started laughing know and went on celebrating. Gairwyn explaned that when she wore a dress for the first time the same thing happened and she told them that even though she might look harmless and beautifull but they had better think twice before they tried anything. Later that evening she proved herself to be right, a man had too much to drink and decided to give it shot. He ended up in the fountain. Now SG-1 started laughing also.


On arrival at the SGC all the men gazed at Jessie, after all she was a very beautifull young woman. She gave all of them a hostile look but when Major Stone walked into the gate room she suddenly smiled, surprising everyone present.

"I'm glad to see your OK, Major."

Two guards approached Jessie, first she turned to Colonel O'Neill and when he raised his shoulders making clear he didn't understand either she turned to General Hammond.

"I'm sorry Lieutenant McQuaid, it seems you aren't in any of our files, for the time being you will be held in a cell untill we clear this situation up."

This announcement swept away the smile that appeared when she saw Major Stone, I shouldn't have trusted them, she thought. The hostile look she gave everyone saddened them. When she was taken away Skaara walked up to General Hammond.

"Why did you take Jessie, she hasn't done anything wrong has she?"

"Son this is only a formality, I didn't have a choice."

Colonel O'Neill mumbled sarcastically, "A nice way to come home don't you think Daniel?"

"It sure is Jack, it sure is." he agreed.


General Hammond called a meeting with SG-1 and the Tok'ra. Colonel O'Neill made very clear that the little trust she had was most likely blown away by that nice welcome they gave her. Skaara told everyone that Jessie was a nice person, he told about how she helped the people back on Cimmeria building stuff and how much fun they had doing it. The Tok'ra and Skaara went to a separate room where they could talk about what Skaara remembered from Klo'rel. In the meanwhile SG-1 and General Hammond would talk to Lieutenant McQuaid. When she was brought in she gave all of them a harsh look and decided to keep her mouth shut untill she knew if they could be trusted or not. Where is the beautiful young woman he had seen laughing on Cimmeria the Colonel thought, he almost wished he hadn't brought her here.

The General started, "We know you don't trust us but still we would like to ask you some questions."

"And what makes you think I will answer them?"

"Because we want to know about the mission and maybe that way we will be able to locate your personnel file."

This sounded reasonable she thought. "OK then only about the mission. What do you already know and what do you want to know from me?"

All seemed to be relieved by the fact she was willing to talk.

"We know Colonel Maybourne gave the order and most facts about the mission, what we want to know is how you got to be a part of this mission, at your age you couldn't have had a complete military training."

"He caught me breaking into his computer, I had already began reading through a file when he suddenly walked in."

"How on earth did you get that far?" Daniel asked with wide open eyes.

"His guards aren't really what you call alert at the end of their shifts and when the guard at the door made his round of the floor I could easily sneek in. After he caught me he wanted to know what I was looking for. After a little arguing I told him what file I was looking for, what it was about isn't of any importance now. He then asked me if I knew about the Stargate. I knew a little from what I had read in the file. He then wanted to train me so I could go on a mission for him instead of him turning me in with the police. I agreed and I was trained in some combat skills, mainly how to handle a gun."

"What about self defense skills?" Sam asked.

"That wasn't really neccesary, I have had training in self defense since I was 8 and I have taught martial arts at a gym near my home also, that part of training was already covered. So you were right, I didn't have a complete military training. Afterwards I was put on SG-13 and you know what happened on our mission. What I want to know is, was Colonel Maybourne aware of the dangers on Chulak? Everyone else here seems to."

It felt like the temperature dropped at least ten degrees when Colonel O'Neill said, "Yes Lieutenant, he knew just like all of us. He knew he was sending you into a deathtrap."

Both General Hammond and Colonel O'Neill seemed to be quite angry at Colonel Maybourne and Jessie knew she could trust them now.

"Can I speak to you in private General?" She asked.

"Well allright, SG-1 I'll see you later on."


They left the room and Jessie asked General Hammond to promise he wouldn't talk about this conversation with anyone. After he promised she started.

"General I need to know if Colonel Maybourne holds any grudges against SG-1 in particular Colonel O'Neill."

"Yes I think he does, they are definately not friends."

"Then I think I know why he sent us on this mission."

The General looked at her in amazement, he and Jack couldn't come up with a reason. "Go on then."

"Well sir, he tried to get back at Colonel O'Neill by sending me on this mission."

"I don't understand. He sent you to get back at Colonel O'Neill? How...?"

"Well sir the Colonel is kind of a relative." The General didn't know what to say and so he stayed quiet.

She stood up and walked around the desk, she pulled the keyboard of the General's computer in front of her and asked if she could try something. The General gave her permission and so she typed in 'Jessica McQuaid' to show the General the computer couldn't find her. Then she typed in 'Jessica O'Neill' and immediately her file showed up. She went back to her seat leaving the General staring at his computerscreen.

He started reading and his eyes widened when he came to the section where it said who her parents were; Mother: Angela McQuaid,
Father: Colonel Jonathan O'Neill.

"Jack is your father?!? My God why haven't you told him yet?"

"Mainly because I promised my mother not to. Maybourne found me looking through his file, that's how he found out Colonel O'Neill is my father. He implied I would find him on the mission." She said almost whispering.


Then a guard knocked on the door and a announced the arrival of Colonel Maybourne. Jessie wanted to stand up and leave the room but General Hammond ordered her to stay. Maybourne entered and gave Jessie an odd look.

Maybourne and Hammond started arguing about the fact that Maybourne sent a team through secretly. He told General Hammond he was here to take Lieutenant McQuaid with him.

"Don't you mean Lieutenant O'Neill, Maybourne?" Maybourne realized General Hammond knew everything and he had to get out of the SGC as soon a possible. When Hammond refused to let Jessie go, Maybourne handed him the paperwork. Jessie looked at General Hammond in fear.

"I'm sorry Lieutenant I am under orders to hand you over to him but I promise I will do all I can to get you here again."


Jessie was put in the back of a truck along with two guards and Colonel Maybourne.

After a while she asked: "You tried to get me killed so that you could hurt Colonel O'Neill, didn't you"

"Maybe I did and maybe I didn't." Maybourne said with a big smile.

The next thing he knew she had taken out both guards and gave him a good whack on the head. Still a bit dizzy he realized she had found a way to take her handcuffs of and she had now used them to cuff him to the bench he was sitting on.

"You failed, I'm still alive, very much alive." She said grinning.

The driver pulled over to see what was going on in the back and when he approached the door Jessie pushed it open, knocking him out and she fled into the woods.


At the same time General Hammond was on the phone with the superior who gave the order to hand Jessie over to Colonel Maybourne.

"Did you know Sir that Colonel Maybourne put her on this mission to get back at Colonel O'Neill. He sent this team into a death trap."

"I don't see how that is possible General Hammond, they were sent out to investigate a planet which didn't form a threat." He answered.

"You call Chulak not a threat?"

"What do you mean Chulak, they weren't supposed to go to Chulak. There must be a mistake here."

The General explaned how Maybourne had delibarately sent them to Chulak and that he even told the team they were going to Chulak. He also told his superior that only Lieutenant McQuaid and Major Stone survived it. He asked for an investigation concerning Maybourne's actions.

"You got it General Hammond, I will place Lieutenant McQuaid in your custody again until we find out who she really is."

"Her identity has already been confirmed Sir, but we'll talk about that later."

Unfortunately Jack overheard the whole conversation.

"What did you mean when you said Maybourne sent her on this mission to get back at me?" he wanted to know.

"I can't get into that right now Colonel . Get SG-1 ready we're gonna get Lieutenant McQuaid back."


SG-1 and General Hammond were driving along when suddenly they saw the truck a little further up the road. When they got closer they saw the driver outside on the ground and they could hear Maybourne yelling.

Jack started grinning, looked at Teal'c and said; "I guess he didn't learn from his mistakes with you, did he?"

"It seems he has not O'Neill, he has yet again lost a prisoner" He replied.

Sam went to the driver which was still unconcience. Jack walked up to the truck, opened the door and started laughing at the sight of Colonel Maybourne struggling to free himself.

"Get these cuffs of me." He yelled at Jack.

"Not just yet Maybourne, first you're gonna answer some questions. How did you think you were getting back at me by sending Lieutenant McQuaid to her death?" Jack asked.

"You honestly want me to tell you that?"

"Yes otherwise I wouldn't have asked, would I?"

Colonel Maybourne understood from his reaction he didn't know Jessie was his daughter and this gave him another opportunity to hurt Jack.

"When I found her in my office looking through your file I saw an opportunity to get back at you. I trained her as far a she still needed it and sent her to a certain death. Or at least I thought but unfortunately she survived Chulak."

"Well spill it out Maybourne what has she got to do with me?"

Maybourne started smiling and this gave Jack the feeling he wasn't going to like what was comming next.

"Well Jack, do you remember Angela McQuaid. You should. You had a relationship with her about 19 years ago and well Jessie McQuaid is 18 years old. You can put two and two together, can't you?"

Jacks facial expression became a mixture of amazement and disbelief. "Are you telling me she is my doug......"

"Yes Jack she is your doughter"

Maybourne started laughing at Jack when he practically stormed out of the truck. Sam almost had to jump out of his way. She left the driver for a moment and walked up to Jack to ask him if everything was allright.

"That... That monster tried to kill my daughter." Jack yelled pointing at the truck.

"Your daughter?" Sam asked, not understanding what Jack meant.

"Yes, he tried to kill Jessie." Jack said with a sad look on his face now.

"Lt. McQuaid is his daughter?" Daniel asked General Hammond.

"Yes she is, Dr. Jackson, she told me after you all had left the room. She is in the computer files as Lieutenant Jessica O'Neill. Let's go back to the SGC."

"What about Maybourne and his men Sir?" Sam asked.

"We'll take the guards with us and leave Maybourne here, I do not want to have him around the Stargate anymore. I'll sent the MP to pick him up later on. So they left and Colonel O'Neill didn't say single word on the way back.


Back at the SGC they were wondering about where she would go. Skaara walked in and asked if they had found Jessie. When they denied that and told him she ecaped from Maybourne truck Skaara said she would probably go to her mother.

"What about her father Skaara. Do you know anything about him?" Jack asked trying to find out if Skaara knew.

"All I know about her father is that she grew up without him. She told me he didn't know he had a doughter."

"Well I do know now. She is my doughter Skaara."

Skaara looked surprised at first but then he said with a smile.

"She didn't get her sarcasme from a stranger then."

They all smiled, including Jack who was finally recovered from the shock of finding out she was his doughter. They decided to follow Skaara's advice and look up her mother.


Two hours later they arrived at Angela McQuaid's house, Skaara had joined them. General Hammond knocked and when Angela opened she was quite surprised by the fact that there was a General in front of her door.

"What may I do to help you General?"

"Well miss, we're looking for your doughter Jessica, is she here?"

She hesitated and looked at the group. Then she noticed Jack.

"We need to talk Angela, I know everything now." He said.

They went in and after they had all sat down Angela asked how he found out. General Hammond ordered the team to go out in the garden so that Jack and Angela could have a private conversation.

Jack told her that it wasn't Jessie who had told him. "It was another Colonel trying to get back at me."

"Then she doesn't know you know, does she?"

"No she doesn't. But why didn't you tell me Angela, I had a right to know."

Angela explaned that when she found out she was pregnant they had already broken up and that she didn't want to bother him with a child. "When I saw you again you were already married. I didn't want to cause any problems, so I kept my silence. Be honest with me Jack. Is she in trouble?"

"Not anymore Angela but we do need to find her. Do you know where she is?"

"Yes I do, she's at the gym, she came by and packed some stuff and told me she was going to hide out at the gym."

Jack stood up and walked into the garden. He told everybody that Jessie was in the gym and smiled at Skaara, who was amazed by the garden. Well actually he was amazed by almost everything he saw.


So they went to the gym where Jack and Jessie finally got the chance to talk openly now that he knew. They agreed that Jessie would show Skaara a lot about this world, for there was still some time to pass before the gate on Abydos was opened by Kasuf again. Maybe just maybe Jessie would be allowed to join SG-1


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||