THE PAST REMEMBERED: Part 29

by:  PHO
Feedback to:  phowmo@mindspring.com



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Daniel's angry reply was cut off by another round of coughing. Parker eyed him closely as the younger man clutched his chest, desperately trying to get air into unresponsive lungs. He managed a choked, "You won't get anything from me."

"Oh, I really think I will. I've waited a long, long time, Daniel. Too long. But I had no choice."

"Because of Nichols." Daniel forced himself to stand upright as he spoke.

The colonel frowned. "Yes, because of Nichols. Do you remember Major Nichols, Daniel?"

The "No, not really" froze on his lips as the memories flooded back.

"Go 'way! Momma! Daddy!" His screams rose in pitch as the angry man's hand tightened around a tiny arm. His struggles grew in proportion to his cries as he was pulled tightly against the man's chest. Words whispered in his ear made no sense. He didn't like this! He didn't know! He wanted to go home! He wanted his mother! "Don't wanta play!"

Another grown-up voice pierced his terror, and he felt the angry man's hands pulled loose, freeing him to run to the other side of the room. Crouching low in the corner, he covered his ears with his hands. Too angry. Too loud. He didn't want to hear. Why didn't Momma come? Where was Daddy? He didn't know where the funny box was!

Box? A sarcophagus. And not just any sarcophagus. A Goa'uld sarcophagus. There had been one in the tomb. Oh God! What if it held a Goa'uld? Daniel felt sick as he remembered his parents' delight in their discovery. They'd even let him sit on it. His stomach roiled at the thought. Gagging, he went to his knees as he battled his stomach for disposition of its contents. As his desperate bid for control failed, he barely heard the colonel's angry scream as he vomited onto the oriental rug.


Nervous fingers beat anxiously on the arm of the chair as Captain Benjamin listened to the rings on his cell phone. "Come on, come on! ... Benjamin. What's the problem? ... Is he all right? ... Oh, thank God. ... And the shooter? ... Fantastic. When you find out who he is, let me know immediately." As he snapped his cell-phone closed, Benjamin let out a sigh of relief. His men had arrived barely in time to stop an assailant -dressed as an orderly for heaven's sake - as he took aim at the defenseless old man. And they'd managed to take the man alive! Benjamin shook his head in disbelief at the turn of events. If he'd hesitated about assigning protection, Dr. Marshall would be dead. He cringed at the thought.

Suddenly remembering that General Hammond had also beeped him, he dialed the number in Colorado, more than ready to deliver a progress report. His wife, forgotten as usual, would just have to wait.


Parker's scream of rage coincided with him crossing the distance separating him from his prisoner. Daniel, too dazed to see him approach, was struggling to his feet when a strong backhand to the side of his head returned him to his knees.

"You will pay for this, Daniel. Oh yes, you will pay! I will have the journals, and I will have you." The colonel squatted beside his prisoner, gently running his fingers through his hair. Daniel weakly attempted to pull away, only to find his head jerked upwards. A finger ran down his cheek. "You were a beautiful child, Daniel. Did you know that? If Nichols had not interfered ... meddlesome fool. I would have been good to you. Very good." Letting Daniel's head drop to his chest, Parker rose, moved quickly to his desk and slid his hand underneath his upper drawer. Almost immediately the two guards appeared. Nodding at Daniel, Parker addressed his men. "Clean him up and take him to my room. And be careful. I do not wish to see damaged goods." Parker stared at the newly stained carpet. "And get someone in here to clean up this ... mess."

Strong hands wrapped firmly around Daniel's slender arms as the two men moved closer to him. Ignoring his weak protest, they pulled him ruthlessly to his feet, supporting him there as he swayed dizzily. Nodding their understanding to their employer, they silently dragged Daniel from the office.

Parker watched the exit, noting his young prisoner's attempts to pull away from the larger men. A side door opened, and his partner entered. "I didn't quite catch your instructions, Roland, more underwater sessions?"

"Hmmm?"

"I said, more underwater sessions?"

"Oh, no. Nothing like that."

"Then how will you get the journals?"

"I'm surprised you don't understand. His colonel has them."

The other man's eyes lit up. "I see."

"I rather thought you would."


Daniel's panicked thoughts ran ahead of his body. He really didn't want to remember, but it was far too late for that. The route from Cairo to Ra's tomb was crystal clear in his memory. As was the hard to find entrance to the tomb itself. He'd been with his father when the man had found it, after three almost non-stop days of searching. He knew how to get there, he knew how to get inside, and God help him, he knew what was inside. Just not who. He needed Jack and the backup of the SGC. Parker and his cronies could not be allowed to get to the items his parents had left in the tomb. He knew from what little Jack had said about his stay in Iraq that there were limits on how much the human body could withstand. He shuddered at the thought. He didn't really want to know his limits. He would much, much prefer a state of blissful ignorance, but if Parker really wanted information, why hadn't he been hurt?

His brow furrowed with confusion as he stumbled on the stairs only to be yanked brutally to his feet once more. Being held under the water in the Jacuzzi had been frightening. The sensation of almost drowning still one of his most unpleasant memories to date. And he was not going to think about the images in the cellar. But he hadn't been physically harmed. Hell, he barely had a bruise on him. It made no sen... Oh oh. Parker's words came back to him - 'Clean him up and take him to my room. And be careful. I do not wish to see damaged goods.' His room? Take him to his room? Oh, no,no,no,no,no. His earlier childhood memories of the 'game' came flying back, as did the words Parker had whispered in his ear as he held him tightly. Words the five year old Daniel had not understood. Words the grown-up Daniel understood only too well.

Blue eyes opened impossibly wide as they approached the bedroom door. "NO!" Daniel's frantic attempt to pull free only succeeded in earning him a hard punch to his kidneys, and a much tighter hold on his arms.


"Uh, Captain?"

Captain Smith looked up from his paperwork to see the retired Marine Master Sergeant standing in his doorway. "Yes, Chief?"

"There's an Air Force major asleep in the break room, and a colonel asleep on my sofa. Is there something I need to know?"


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||