KYAR'EL

by:  Carter
Feedback to:  ehammond@adamswells.com

Author's Notes:  Okay, this is my first SG-1 fic.  How'd ya like it?  This is my version of 'Into the Fire' which is the season premier of the third season.



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


"This can't be happening." Carter murmured. "Do you think that was Daniel that screamed?"

"Yeah. I..think that's......when the Goa'uld might of taken over. If it took over."

"Daniel's strong."

"It's been two hours Carter, and we haven't heard anything."

"I know that Colonel. And what I also know is that Hathor made the SGC too real."

"Huh?" Jack asked.

"Sir, you know how I can feel when someone is a Goa'uld or not?"

"Yeah."

"Well, that guard I think he's just under Hathor's breath."

"What are you getting at Carter?"

"Watch and find out." Carter mused. "Hey, guuard." she said in a sexy voice.

"For cryin out loud." Jack muttered.

"What?" the guard asked.

"I'm very alone in here. Why don't you come in and make me not so lonely?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"Come in and..ooo..find out." The sound of the door unlocking was heard and the guard walked in; only to be met with a fist in his nose. Then a kick in his stomach, by Carter.

"How did you know?" Jack asked her as they ran out of the room.

"The first time Hathor was at the real SGC, Fraiser, me and some other women go locked up, and we did the same thing."

"Oh. Listen I'm going to check down this side of the hall you check the rooms and walls on this side." Jack ordered. The two started searching for a hidden doorway that had Daniel in it.


"Carter! Found him!" Jack announced as a door slid open.

"You go in and see if he's okay, and I'll stay and watch for guards."

"Okay. If a guard comes up to you;bite his hand!"

"Colonel!" Carter exclaimed in a quiet, exasperated voice.

"Sorry. I couldn't help it." Jack apologized as he went into the dimly lit, Egyptian designed room.


"Daniel!" Jack screamed as he ran into the Egyptian room. "God! No!" Jack ran over to the steel table that his friend was laying on. Daniel was laying on his back, shirtless and his face deathly pale. "Hathor! You God damned bitch!" he yelled as he felt for a pulse. "Thank God! Danny? C'mon, are you in there?" Jack slapped his face gently, but hard enough to wake him up. Daniel's eyes jerked open and he grabbed Jack's arms. Daniel got up and shoved Jack against the nearest wall. With Jack's back against the wall; Daniel put his arm against Jack's throat, and pushed; hard.

"Tau'ri! You will die for your insolence!" Daniel hissed and he pressed his arm harder against Jack's throat.

"Daniel......." Jack said; his voice raspy. "F....fight."

"Tau'ri! You are a fool!" Daniel laughed; his eyes glowing white of Goa'uld presence and his voice had the intonation that all Goa'uld have. "Your friend is too afraid, too weak to even try." 'Daniel' smirked as he watched Jack's face turn blue.

"......lie...." Jack choked.

"Foo..." 'Daniel' stopped mid sentence as he heard the door to the room he and Jack were in open. Jack used this distraction to break free of 'Daniel'. He slid to the floor gasping for air. Jack took in a gulp of air and then stood up.

"Daniel?! Jack?!" Carter yelled as she ran in.

"Carter! A little help!"Jack shouted as punched Daniel in the jaw. Daniel looked up at Jack; his eyes glowing once again. He was about to punch Jack back, but he trembled and he leaned against the wall. He slowly slid down it and looked up at Jack; his blue eyes pleading for help.

"Danny?" Jack asked cautiously. He slowly approached 'Daniel' still not sure if Daniel was back in control.

"Jack, kill me." Daniel moaned.

"Danny, you know I'm not going to kill you. I'll kill you on a mission, when you start talking about some God damned roc..artifact."

"Jack, please, I know everything about Earth's defenses. I know the iris codes, I know everything." Daniel said seriously. But then he tried to lighten up the mood. "Except where those countries are that the pentagon lost."

"God, Daniel." Jack laughed, but then his laughter died short once he realized that he wasn't going to have much time before Hathor and her snakeheads come for Daniel. Hell, he didn't have much time before that snakehead inside his friend gained control again. "Daniel, what's 'its' name?"

"......Ky....Kyar'el." Daniel gasped. He closed his eyes tightly and winced.

"Danny, fight!"

"Daniel! Come on! Fight it!" Carter yelled running up beside Jack and Daniel.

"Tau'ri!" Kyar'el screamed as Jack pulled him up and restrained him. Jack held Kyar'el in front of him; so he could see him, eye to eye.

"Kyar'el, let Daniel go, and we'll send your slimy ass back to Hathor!" Jack tried. He looked deep into his friend's eyes and saw nothing but an evil stranger. There was no trace of Daniel anywhere in there.

"Such insolence. You Tau'ri are fools! Do you actually think I would believe anything you would tell me?"

"Yeah, I do. You're in MY friend! I'll send you back to Hathor so fast, it'll make your snakehead spin!"

"I am to become my Queen's pharaoh. Anything you say will not change my mind!" Kyar'el sneered. "Jaffa!"

"Colonel, we have to get out of here!" Carter exclaimed at the sound of the Jaffa rushing down the hall of the fake SGC.

"We can't leave Daniel, like this! And I won't!"

"Sir, if we're captured we can never save him. He'll be Kyar'el forever' and we'll be dead." Carter tried to persuade Jack. Jack looked at Kyar'el, and sighed. Jack nodded and then with one last look at Kyar'el/Daniel; he pushed him against the wall and he and Carter ran out of the room and headed for the fake embarkation room.


"Where do you think the real gate is?" Jack asked Carter.

"Well, I'm guessing since this is like a Ha'tak ship, that most of these walls are fake. Like that room that we left Dani...Kyar'el in, it was Egyptian, so maybe there's a switch on the wall that opens up the wall, to reveal the real 'gate."

"Okay, let's try and find it. There's gonna be a DHD, probably, so when you find it dial Chu'lak."

"Chu'lak!?" Carter asked.

"Remote transmitter. Bra'tak has one, we don't. And where does good 'ol Bra'tak live?"

"Chu'lak."

"You take that wall," Jack ordered pointing at the wall behind the Stargate. "and I'll take that wall." he finished pointing at the wall to the right of the 'gate.


"Our beloved." Hathor said as she gently caressed his muscular chest.

"My Queen." Kyar'el replied. "The Tau'ri prisoners, are loose. I believe they will try and return to Earth."

"They will fail, indeed. They do not know where the Stargate is. They are trapped here. Let the Jaffa take care of them. For now we have more important needs." Hathor said gently as she pulled Kyar'el down onto the bed right next to them. It had silk, linen, and satin sheets, and silk pillows. "We need our Pharaoh, do We not?"

"Yes, you do my Queen." Kyar'el replied his voice thick and filled with Goa'uld intonation. "Yes, you do. And you will always have me."


"Sir! I found it!" Carter shouted, excitedly. She pushed the hidden coiled serpent and a wall slid open to reveal the Stargate and Dial Home Device.

"Dial up Chu'lak! I'll get the Zat guns! We aren't going there unarmed! Not everyone there is in the Goa'uld resistance, ya know!"

"Yes, sir!" Carter said as she started to dial in Chu'lak. She could faintly hear the sound of Jack's fist hitting metal armor. Then she heard the sound of a Zat gun firing, multiple times.

"Sweet. Pass'em out." Jack said as he looked at his zat'n'ktel gun. "What did you call it again?" he asked Teal'c. He looked away from his zat'n'ktel and looked up at Teal'c.

"It is a Zat'n'ktel gun." Teal'c answered.

"Rrright." Jack muttered as he looked back down. Suddenly he looked back up at Teal'c and squinted his eyes. "Let's call it a 'Zat gun'. Huh?" Teal'c looked confused at this. "How do you fire?"

"Whoa." Carter said as she gripped the DHD, to regain her balance. "I'm really starting to hate these devices." Carter muttered as she touched the small device that was on her temple.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked as he ran back into the fake embarkation room and handed her a Zat gun.

"Memory, that's all."

"Of what?"

"When we first found that Zat guns. You know 'What did you call it, again?' That bit."

"Oh." Jack whispered. "We should really start giving Daniel s'more guns and stuff. I mean we didn't even let him have a Zat gun! All he had was a grenade and a handgun! I'm surprised he didn't get killed sooner."

"Damn it." Jack muttered as he knelt down by Daniel. He looked at Daniel's chest and his arm. Then his gaze wandered to the side of Daniel's face, which had some burns.

"I'm dead anyway, get outta here." Daniel said.

"I'm not leaving you!" Jack yelled.

"We're dead anyway! Just go! I'll stay and watch your backs!" he pleaded. The two friends stared at each other for a minute. Finally, Jack reached up and touched Daniel's face and then left.

"Let's.....let's go." Jack ordered, gesturing towards the shimmering event horizon.

"Yes, sir." Carter answered; her voice barely above a whisper. She hated this. Daniel was a Goa'uld. Hathor's Goa'uld. The soon to be pharaoh. And they were leaving him behind. All alone with that bitch. All alone with Kyar'el. She looked behind her and saw the fake control room, the fake briefing room. Everything here was fake. A hoax. Why couldn't Hathor be fake? Why couldn't Kyar'el be fake? Why couldn't she just wake up now, and find herself back at home? Or back in the crewmans quarters at the real SGC? Why couldn't Daniel come running through that fake door, and say that he got it out. Or he beat it? Why couldn't all of this be a simple dream. A simple nightmare, that isn't real?

"Earth....universe to Carter!" Jack said waving his hand in front of her face.

"Sorry, sir."

"Another memory?"

Carter paused. "Yes, sir." she lied.

"Wanna share?"

"Just..about when we got reunited with Daniel after Klor'el's ship. It...it was a good memory."

"Yeah. He always pulls through. Now, we better get through." Jack said.

"Yes, sir." Carter murmured. She walked up the ramp, and stopped at the event horizon. "Why is there a ramp here?"

"Maybe the bitch thought it was a good idea and copied. We could sue her."

"With all do with respect, sir, that was a really crappy pun."

"Carter, just go through the gate. And no stopping to marvel over how much energy the thing must have to keep a stable wormhole open."

"Wow, sir, you actually listened to me."

"Just go!" Jack said pushing her through; then he went through right behind her.


"Take cover!" Jack shouted to Carter who was running for a large rock.

"We could really use some backup!" Jack muttered. He peered over the DHD, which is where he was taking cover, and raised his Zat gun at one of the Jaffa, he squeezed the handle and the Jaffa froze. He fired again and he collapsed, dead, on the green grass.

"Colonel O'Neill!" Jack heard a familiar voice.

"Colonel! Need some reinforcements?" came another familiar voice.

"Well I'll be damned! Teal'c and Hammond!"

"And Bra'tak!" Carter added with a slight smile.


"Rest now Our beloved." Hathor purred softly as she stroked Daniel's short, golden hair. Suddenly the door hissed open and two Jaffa walked in.

"Our Queen!" one of them said as both kneeled.

"Why do you interrupt Us?" Hathor snapped.

"The Tau'ri prisoners, they escaped, our Queen."

"How?"

"They found the Chappa'ai and went to Chu'lak, our Queen."

"Leave now! We will take care of the Tau'ri at a later time." she ordered. The two Jaffa marched out of the dimly lit room and the door hissed shut. "Our beloved you were correct, indeed. You will make an excellent pharaoh." she said to the sleeping Kyar'el/Daniel. "Soon. Soon you will be pharaoh as I promised, and then We will overthrow Sokar and anyone who challenges Us, and rule the universe; together."


"Those Jaffa didn't stand a chance." Jack laughed. "So General, how do you like our home away from home, sir?"

"Too many damned Goa'uld." Hammond replied. "Now, where's Doctor Jackson? And what are those 'things' on your heads?"

"Uh...the things on our heads, they abstract memories, and they are really annoying, sir." Carter answered.

"We can take those out, if you wish." Bra'tak offered.

"Yeah, go ahead!" Jack said eagerly.

"At a later time. I myself would like to know where Daniel Jackson is."

"Well, uh, Hathor was the one who captured us, and she made a fake SGC and her Goa'uld told us that we were asleep for seventy nine years and that everyone was dead, well we found out it was all a hoax, and blah, blah, blah, Hathor showed up, and she got a mature Goa'uld......."

(Jack telling Teal'c, Bra'tak and Hammond what happened.)

"So who will it be?" Hathor asked. "We have given you time to choose."

"Go to hell, bitch!" Jack snapped, angrily.

"As you wish. Our beloved, We once told you, you would be my next pharaoh. Now is that time." she ordered the Jaffa to bring Daniel over to her.

"No." Daniel muttered.

"Jaffa take the prisoners to their cells." Hathor ordered. Four Jaffa grabbed hold of Jack and Carter. They started to push them towards their cells. When they got there the Jaffa locked the door.

"Damn it!" Jack yelled as he kicked the door.

"Daniel's strong. He'll fight it." Carter said.

"Captain. A major in the Air Force that was trained in special ops, and was trained in how to fight things like the Goa'uld. He couldn't fight an infant Goa'uld. Now how do you expect Daniel to fight a mature Goa'uld?"

"You underestimate him, sir. Do you really think Kawalsky could've been through what Daniel has? He's died five times, and has had his wife taken away from him, given back and then taken away again! He's seen Earth be destroyed by the Goa'uld. I'd say that Daniel has a lot of anger towards the damned Goa'uld that Kawalsky didn't have!"

"And he'll use that anger to fight that snakehead?"

"Exactly." Carter said. At that moment they heard a blood hurtling scream.

"Danny." Jack murmured.

"Oh God. It's in him."

"So he's a Goa'uld?" Hammond asked.

"Yes, sir. Now he's Kyar'el." Jack replied.

"If we can get him to a Tok'ra ship; we can most likely remove the Goa'uld, and not kill Daniel Jackson." Bra'tak suggested.

"You know we could use Bra'tak's help. He can help us locate Daniel. So can Teal'c." Carter said.

"Master Bra'tak. Would you like to come back to Earth?" Hammond asked.

"Only for a short time." Bra'tak answered.

"Colonel O'Neill, Captain Carter. Why did you come to Chu'lak." Teal'c asked.

"Like bugs on a windshield." Jack simply said.

"I see."

"No, Teal'c, he means the iris. Hathor took our remote transmitter. And we knew Bra'tak had one so we had to come here." Carter re-explained.

"Ah. I see."

"Oh for cryin out loud." Jack muttered under his breath.

"Let us start for the 'Stargate' as you call it." Bra'tak said as he started for the Stargate. Hammond, and the rest of SG-1; minus Daniel, followed.

"We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz." Jack said sarcastically. Teal'c eyed him carefully with a look of confusion. And Carter just grinned.

We're off to see the wizard.

"Jack, I just remembered about our heads!"

"Back on Earth, Carter. Back on Earth while we try and devise a plan to get Danny back, and just Danny."

"And we will get him back." Carter said as they approached the Chu'lak 'gate.

"Did that seem...oh I don't know, too easy?" Jack asked.

"It did. Let us hurry and get to your planet." Bra'tak answered.

"Carter, dial us home." Jack said. He glanced over at Hammond who just nodded.

"Yes, sir." Carter went over to the DHD and started to dial Earth. No one is as fast as Daniel at this. No one. Carter thought. She glanced over as the Stargate engaged. The naquada shot out, and then pulled back in. "Okay, the remote signal needs to be sent through." she told Bra'tak. Even though Teal'c could have done it, because he had a remote, too, Bra'tak entered his code.

"No real need to enter SG-1's signal." Hammond said as he walked up the stone stairs and stood on the dais waiting for Bra'tak, Carter and Jack. Teal'c was already standing by him.

"Let's go." Jack said as he, Carter and Bra'tak walked up to the dais. The five looked at each other and then stepped through the 'gate, together.


"Jaffa, take the prisoners to their cells." Hathor ordered. Four Jaffa grabbed Carter and Jack and practically dragged them down to the cells. "Now Our beloved. Now you will be Our pharaoh."

"Never!" Daniel shot back.

"Jaffa." she ordered. Two Jaffa marched over and grabbed Daniel's arms. "Bring him to Our room. And DO NOT harm him!" she started to walk towards the door to the fake embarkation room.

"Yes, my Queen." one of them replied. Daniel struggled against their strong grasp.

"Let me go!" Daniel yelled. Hathor heard this and she turned around. Hathor started to walk back towards Daniel and the two Jaffa guards. When she approached Daniel; she held her right hand up and her ribbon device glowed. It sent a ribbon like stream of energy directly into Daniel's head and he fell to his knees. When Hathor thought he was weak enough she stopped.

"Come." she ordered her guards. Daniel looked up through blurred vision and looked at the back of Hathor. Oh, how he wished he had a gun right now. No, a staff weapon. He noted where they were going. Through the hall, pass the locker room, and into to corridor C-9. They stopped at a wall. And Hathor pushed in a hidden coiled serpent. What was weird was, that the color matched the wall perfectly. (They really planned this out.) They walked in or more like the guards walked in, he was half carried, half dragged in. They put him in front of Hathor and she raised her ribbon device again; she fired it, and he could feel himself weakening. He would of slumped to the floor, for he had no more strength left in his body, but the guards still had a tight grip on him. Hathor pulled her hand away and motioned them to cut his shirt off. The guards pulled a knife out and cut Daniel's shirt off, but found another. (Surprise, surprise. You guys think we only have one shirt on?) Daniel thought. The guards tore two more shirts off before he was shirtless. (Well I'll be damned. I thought it would at least of taken an hour. Damn military wearing tons of clothes.) He could feel himself be lifted onto a table, and the coldness of it sent a chill up his spine.

"Now Our beloved. Now is the time for you to become Our pharaoh." Hathor stated. She held the mature Goa'uld up and then brought it down over Daniel's back.

(What to say? Uh....how about....I've been around Jack too long and I'm starting to act like him in tough situations. Always being sarcastic. But really. Uh oh. This is bad. Real bad. Uh...maybe Bra'tak is here and he and his men are gonna come in here and kill Hathor and her Goa'uld?) he drew in a deep breath when he felt the Goa'uld enter his back. It slowly slithered up his back. He could feel it press against his muscles. It was now between his shoulder blades and then the pain came. He let out a blood hurtling scream. He could feel it trying to take control over him, but he wasn't going to let it take over without a fight. More pain. More and more pain that wouldn't go away. He could feel the Goa'uld wrapping itself around his spinal cord. He remembered Kawalsky's X-rays, how the thing wove itself around his spinal cord. (Oh God!) It tightened around his spinal cord, tighter and tighter and tighter. (NO! I'm not going to let it win! Sha're. Skaara. Kawalsky. Do this for them. Do it for Earth!) This battle ensued for about two more hours before he finally went limp. (I'm trapped in my own mind. And I let Earth down. I let everyone down.) he thought. He could feel someone touch his temple and pull something out. God, the pain. After that everything went black.

"I'm a prisoner in my own mind. I can see everything I'm doing; only I can't do anything about it. I wonder if this is the way Sha're feels. The way Skaara feels. Was this the way Kawalsky felt? God, Kawalsky was a major in the US air force. And he couldn't overcome an infant Goa'uld. How am I suppose to beat this thing when I'm just an archaeologist, anthropologist and all of those other things?" Daniel wondered. "I almost killed Jack. I almost choked him to death. Jack. My best friend. God, this sucks!"


"Our pharaoh." Hathor said softly.

"My Queen." Kyar'el replied.

"We need to go to Chu'lak."

"Why?"

"So you can become Our pharaoh. Our followers, Our slaves need to be there to see it." Hathor answered.

"As you wish, my Queen."

"We will leave here tomorrow. And then you will become our pharaoh."


TO BE CONTINUED....


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||