THE HUNTING FIELDS: Part 7

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"The message gives us three things: a set of gate coordinates, a date and time they expect Ra's representatives, and the terms for the meeting."

Hammond had been dreading this briefing and hadn't slept very well. Looking at the bleary faces around the table, he guessed he hadn't been the only one. O'Neill was blinking heavily, Carter was on her second cup of coffee, even Teal'c looked particularly hollow-eyed...though Hammond still wasn't sure if Teal'c actually slept. And Jackson...

A concerned glance at Colonel O'Neill told Hammond that SG1's leader was aware of the problem and dealing with it.

Jackson was continuing, "Major Carter's team is working on the coordinates, the time is five days from now, and, um, the terms for the meeting...." Jackson seemed to hesitate a moment before continuing. "They said Ra could send one Goa'uld aide, two Jaffa, and, um, two 'attendants'."

Colonel O'Neill held up his hand in question. "Attendants as in..."

Teal'c rescued the obviously embarrassed Jackson by interposing, "Slaves."

Colonel O'Neill seemed strangely amused at the thought. "Well, I'm not going to go as a Jaffa...no offense, Teal'c."

"Understood," Teal'c, almost, smiled.

Colonel O"Neill started summing up, "So Daniel, I guess that makes you the boss Goa'uld; Carter, we need to find out what the stylish Goa'uld 'attendants' are wearing these days, and..."

Jackson jumped in when O'Neill trailed off, "And we're one Jaffa short of a pair."

Colonel O'Neill traded glances with Hammond. "Connor? Johnson? They're big enough, strong enough to pass for Jaffa...as long as they don't do a Junior-search. Connor's more even-tempered though and we've worked with him before."

Hammond nodded. "I'll pull him immediately. We've got five days, people. Figure out what we're going to need and let's get going on it."


As the meeting broke up, Jack made his way to Daniel, a question in his eyes. Daniel nodded and pulled a bottle of pills out of his pocket. Jack smiled in smug satisfaction at having this particular order followed.

"Then I want you to take one now and go get some sleep."

Even as Daniel started to protest, Jack stopped him. "Daniel, we have five days. We've got your notes, we know what we need; by the time you wake up we'll have it all here. Then we can get to work on getting ready to go."

Daniel nodded, but hesitated a moment as if another thought had occurred to him.

"Uh uh," Jack stopped him. "Later. Do I have to come and tuck you in?"

Daniel shook his head ruefully, mumbling something as he turned to leave. To Jack it sounded like, "Night, Mom."


Connor was more than a little shocked to be asked to accompany SG1 on a mission, but also rather pleased. They'd really come through for him during that whole mess with Hanson and he'd never forgotten it. He liked O'Neill's style, Carter's dedication, Teal'c's quiet competence and Jackson's unexpected courage. He'd never forget the way that whole team had worked together to get them out of the mess Hanson had made on that planet.

Connor had been somewhat at loose ends since leaving SG-11, pretty much acting as support staff for other teams. This was going to be a bit more of a stretch, but Connor found himself looking forward to working with SG1 once again.

When General Hammond had come to inform him of the role he'd be playing in this mission, Connor had been a little dubious. Him? As a Jaffa? It looked like he'd be spending a lot of time with Teal'c in the near future. He just hoped they weren't going to try to put on one of those gold tattoos...


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||