THE HUNTING FIELDS: Part 41

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Teal'c tried to make sense of O'Neill's reference. After long association with humans ... O'Neill in particular...Teal'c understood the concept of 'bluffing'.

That the Asgard would have risked the only certain means of helping Daniel Jackson, not knowing if it would work or even if he could safely return them all to his ship, caused Teal'c great concern. Thor had taken a very extreme chance with Daniel Jackson's life. While Teal'c was very gratified that it had worked, he couldn't stop his mind from dwelling on what could have happened to his young friend if it hadn't.

As if O'Neill could discern Teal'c's thoughts, he launched into a detailed account of what had taken place inside the prison. Teal'c looked down at Daniel Jackson, aching inside as he absorbed what this new information must have meant to his friend. Once again Daniel Jackson had proven himself unique among humans, but Teal'c grieved for the young scholar; once again Daniel Jackson ... and his wife .. had suffered due to alien interference.


Connor was more than a little awed by the fact that he was on a UFO headed for Earth at, God knew how many times, light speed. Connor resolved that once his feet hit terra firma he was going to go off and get as drunk as a three-day pass would allow.

Watching SG1 hovering around Daniel as he lay enveloped in the blue glow of Thor's machine, Connor felt apart from them. They had worked well together, and Connor would never forget the experience of being a member of this exceptional team, but Connor knew that SG1 was complete only as long as the four of them were together. Four distinct and powerful personalities had meshed over time to become this unstoppable force that found its strength in the very uniqueness and diversity of its parts.

Connor watched Teal'c on guard...as always... at Daniel's side, Major Carter, splitting her attention between the readouts on the display and Daniel's unmoving form... and the colonel, standing despite his extreme exhaustion, at Daniel's other side, his eyes never leaving the still face ...

Watching the colonel's unwavering gaze, Connor felt as if the man were exerting every ounce of his considerable will to help Daniel make his way back to them ... Connor knew that SG1 was awaiting the return of that so important missing piece that was Daniel Jackson.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||