THE HUNTING FIELDS: Part 34

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Although Thor had known the humans were approaching, it still made him jump involuntarily as the door swung open loudly.

"O'Neill, " he called out quickly, "you must proceed cautiously."

O'Neill favored him with one of his stinging glares. "Y' think?"

Daniel Jackson looked in from the opposite side of the door. "Traps?"

Thor nodded. "From a few steps around the bed to the door."

O'Neill picked up a small stone from the corridor and slid it across the floor, it was targeted by a hidden laser device and destroyed within seconds. With another small stone, O'Neill smashed the device. By the same process, two other devices were destroyed.

"Anything else?" O'Neill asked.

"I do not know, O'Neill, " Thor admitted. "Those devices sufficed to keep me from attempting escape."

O'Neill nodded, eyes scanning the room carefully. Taking a deep breath, he took one careful step into the room. Thor noticed Daniel moving unsteadily into the room behind his friend.

"Thor, what about that transporter thing you used to get back up to your ship from Earth?" Daniel asked.

"The device which allows me to control it was damaged when I was 'questioned,' " Thor admitted.

O'Neill took another small step forward. "Nice. Bet that was no accident."

"Undoubtedly," Thor agreed, watching O'Neill's footsteps with utmost fascination.

"So how long were you here before we showed up?" O'Neill asked.

"I am unsure, several days."

Another step.

"So the Pal'noor are the ones you told Jack about?" Daniel Jackson asked, placing his feet precisely in the path O'Neill was treading.

"Actually, they are not. They are as 'bad' as the Goa'uld, in many ways they *are* worse, but they are not the ones of which I was speaking then."

O'Neill nearly looked up then, but refocused his attention quickly. "You mean there are worse out there than Tel'nat?"

"Infinitely so, I fear."

Another step.

"How did they get you?" Daniel asked, following in O'Neill's footsteps.

"My own error..." Thor responded, stopping when he heard a small clicking noise as O'Neill advanced another step.

"Uh oh."


Daniel felt his heart sink as the click resounded all too loudly throughout the room.

"It's okay," Jack assured them. "As long as I don't move, we're fine."

Daniel took a deep breath and moved forward a few steps, less carefully than they had been moving.

"Daniel!" Jack shouted at him.

"Quiet, Jack," Daniel almost shouted back. "We can't just stand here."

Daniel reached Thor's side and motioned for the small alien to climb onto his back. Thor complied, obviously at a loss as to what Daniel had in mind. If Daniel were being precisely truthful with himself, he wasn't entirely sure either.

Daniel moved gingerly, even Thor's slight weight was agony on his damaged back. When he reached Jack's side again, Daniel stopped.

"Take h-him, Jack," he grated out.

Jack was hesitant, but could see Daniel was in pain. Thor was transferred to Jack's back and Daniel nearly collapsed in relief, bending over in an effort to sublimate the pain.

"Now what?" Jack asked.

Daniel raised up slowly. "Four long steps to the door... Run for it?"

Daniel could see Jack mulling over the possibilities in his mind, they really didn't have many options at this point.

"You up for it?" Jack asked, giving Daniel a long assessing look.

Daniel nodded with a certainty he didn't entirely feel. "I can do it."

Jack transferred Thor to his chest, wrapping the small alien tightly in the cloak.

"Then let's do it."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||