WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE... : Part 1

by: Dee Tervo
Feedback to: DTervo2286@aol.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


The Colonel's anger could be heard all over the SGC. He'd had enough of the smart aleck, unprofessional, slip shod, unmilitary, and disrespectful - the litany continued - attitude of the two latest recruits brought into the SGC for sentry duty. Everyone gave him wide berth as he went in search of the two. It really didn't help that O'Neill had gone without sleep for over 36 hours, and that the young guys picked a very bad time to show him an "attitude." Truth was that no one got along well with Winch and Hyde, and General Hammond had already begun to look into relocating them. Colonel O'Neill was not one to wait, and proceeded on this night to inform them that they'd be out on their keysters the next morning… "In fact," O'Neill shouted back over his shoulder, "I wouldn't even bother reporting in for duty if I were you!"

As Jack swept down the corridor toward the main security office, he plowed straight into a certain scholar, whose nose was firmly pressed into a computer printout.

"Whoa!" Jackson exclaimed.

"Watch it! Oh! Sorry… I was … Daniel, what are you still doing here?" Jack softened his tone as he realized just whom he'd run into.

"I'll be finishing soon. What's got you in such an uproar?" Daniel asked, although he'd heard the rumors… everyone was talking.

"Those jerks! Not only do they give the SGC a bad name; they're damned security risks! The idiots had a bottle of rum and were actually going to sit around in quarters drinking… then go on duty!" Jack was still shaking with anger.

"OK, calm down. Why don't you just head on home, get some rest, and I'll stop by security and let them know. These guys can pack their stuff and get a full escort out of here, and you can avoid having a stroke!" Daniel offered.

Jack looked doubtful, but he really didn't want to confront them again tonight, and the thought of getting home a bit sooner seemed very inviting. "Aren't you going home?"

"Well, I don't know. I have a little more work to do on the computer and if I get tired, I'll just sack out here. Since when do you worry about me? A pot of coffee, and a bunk with a pillow and I'm set for the night!" Daniel smiled. "Get home, calm down, and maybe in the morning you'll even reconsider…" The 'you've got to be kidding' look in Jack's eyes kept Daniel from finishing the sentence. "Go on now… I'll let security know."

"But…"

"Good night, Jack!" Daniel ended the debate as he sauntered off down the hallway. Intending to go straight to security, he was temporarily distracted by the soft beep of his computer… indicating it had finished with the latest analysis. After spending what seemed like minutes fine tuning it, Daniel looked up at the clock and realized with a start that several hours had passed. He started off down the darkened hallways to carry Jack's message to the MPs.

That was almost two days ago, and no one had seen or heard from Doctor Daniel Jackson since that ill-fated night.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||