THE FIRE INSIDE: Part 23

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 23: Sam

The colonel paces the room like he's looking for something to hit. I know how he feels.

Daniel is fading in front of our eyes. I can't believe what he just told us...it explains so much. I wish I'd killed that red-headed bitch myself.

Do you think we'd have gone to these lengths...

That's how she knew the pheromones wouldn't work. She'd tried it on Daniel...

Daniel...He must have felt so alone without us there to back him up. It sounds like he did alright though. Wonder where he bit her?

What could she have done to make him forget, though?

When I woke up she'd cut my hair...

The hair. Why did she cut his hair?

I yell for the colonel to bring a flashlight and start brushing through Daniel's short, sandy hair. The colonel looks at me like I'm crazy, but doesn't question me right now. I start to think he may be right about that, then...there. At the back of Daniel's head where his hair is the thickest...a tiny silver probe, so tiny it looks like another strand of hair.

I look at the colonel. The question doesn't need to be asked. His lips tighten for a moment as he looks at Daniel's face, so still and tortured even now, and he nods.

As gently as possible, I draw the probe out. It resists a t first, then, all too slowly, it comes out.

Daniel's body shudders, then he sighs. The pain lines between his eyes seem to fade and he relaxes into true sleep...probably the first he's had in weeks. I check his pulse again and smile at the colonel as I feel the heartbeat steady and strengthen.

I brush Daniel's hair back and breathe a deep sigh myself. I smile at the colonel.

"He really has got nine lives, Sir!"


Back
Back to Stories Page