THE EYE OF THE STORM: Part 2

by:  Miss Beth
Feedback to:  missbeth@epix.net



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.   No infringement intended for "There But For the Grace of God" (written by Robert C. Cooper).


Teal'c

Daniel Jackson shuddered in his arms as Teal'c stepped through the Stargate. Teal'c never underestimated the Goa'uld, and he knew better than most how unforeseen an encounter with them could be. But Daniel had been wounded by a staff weapon, had apparently suffered at the hands of the Goa'uld on P3R233, and he hadn't even been aware of it. He'd protected his friend as poorly as he'd protected his family on Chulak.

A medical team was already swarming into the Gate room by the time Teal'c got to the bottom of the ramp, but he still dismissed them as too slow and carried Daniel all the way to Medical himself. Protecting him now was the only thing he could do to make amends.

He walked into Medical with Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter right behind him, almost running to keep up, and the medical team following in their wake.

"What happened?" Doctor Frazier demanded, pointing to one of the examination tables.

"That's an excellent question, Doctor," General Hammond appeared in the doorway as Teal'c carefully deposited his charge on the table, holding Daniel upright long enough for the doctor to remove his jacket and cut away his shirt.

"We don't know what happened yet, sir," Colonel O'Neill replied. "We found him exactly where we left him, only on the floor and with a hole in his arm."

"The wound was caused by a staff weapon," Teal'c admitted quietly.

"What?" Teal'c met the general's stunned gaze squarely. He had not harmed Daniel Jackson, but he had not been able to prevent the injury, either. But Colonel O'Neill cut in.

"We think it was caused by a staff weapon, sir. None of us saw what happened."

Doctor Frazier had paused in her examination. "He might have tangled with the Goa'uld?"

"Yes," Teal'c answered.

"Get everything set up for an MRI for Doctor Jackson," the doctor ordered. An airman went scurrying. "He's shivering," she continued. "How long has--"

"I believe it was the trip through the Gate, Doctor," Teal'c replied. "He began shivering as soon as we came through."

"That would make sense," she agreed. "You've all adjusted to the cold of molecular reconstitution, but if he's already been weakened by something…"

"By what, Janet?" Captain Carter asked. "Can you tell yet what's happened?"

Drawing blood from Daniel's arm, Doctor Frazier didn't even look at them. "Obviously he has the shoulder injury, but I won't be able to tell you much more until I run some tests. Something has definitely traumatized his system--he's already gone into shock."

She turned with the freshly drawn sample and nearly collided with another of her airmen. "All right, folks, clear the room," she snapped. "You'll know something as soon as I do."

"Let's give the doctor some room," General Hammond agreed. "SG1, take ten minutes and then we'll debrief."

"Yes, sir," the colonel answered. He turned to leave with the general, shepherding a reluctant Captain Carter with him. "Teal'c, you too."

"Doctor, may I stay?" Teal'c asked.

She took a long look at him then, and Teal'c wasn't surprized when she nodded. "Haven't you ever noticed, Colonel? Teal'c always stands guard when one of you is hurt." She said the words softly, understanding, and Teal'c inclined his head, acknowledging her insight.

Colonel O'Neill paused in the doorway. "Yeah, I've noticed," he smiled. "We'll cover the debrief, Teal'c."

"Thank you."

The colonel nodded and left, and the doctor began cleaning the wound in Daniel Jackson's shoulder. Teal'c stood where he was most out of the way, watching over his friend, and wondered what the Goa'uld were after now.


Back
Back to Stories Page