DAY'S END: Part 14

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 14: Daniel

I'm back on the couch again....

Some distant part of me remembers a flash...a sound...then...

Nothing really, until I looked up to see Jack staring down at me with the rain pouring down his face...his eyes boring into me, pulling me back....

I thought he was dead....

I vaguely recall getting back to the house, Jack stripping the wet clothes off me and wrapping me up in a blanket. I remember quiet voices, official voices...some guy in white bandaging my head, checking Janet's stitches, and wrapping up my hands...then something sticking me in the arm...then blackness....

It's dark again, a fire is blazing in the hearth and I smell...coffee...?

Jack is sitting across from me, hair still a little damp, dressed in sweats and bundled in a blanket of his own. He's asleep with his head resting on his knuckles, coffee mug balanced on the couch arm. Above the loose collar of his sweats, I can see a livid bruise where Blackie hit him...

I thought Jack was dead....

And I've been such a total ass to blame him...and the others for something beyond their control. MacKenzie, now...no...I can't even really find it in me to blame him; he operated according to the facts as he perceived them...he just didn't have all the facts....

Jack's been bending over backwards trying to help me and I've shut him out at...almost...every turn, as wrapped up in my hurt towards them as my grief over Sha'uri....

It's not going to go away overnight, but I know...now more than ever...that I don't *want* to be alone anymore....

I've had love that few people ever dream of, and friends who'd walk through hell for me...have in fact...

I've lost the love....

I don't want to lose my friends, too...


Back
Back to Stories Page