DAY'S END: Part 12

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 12: Daniel

'Why did you have to follow me, Jack?'

I heard the guy behind me when I was walking down the beach, way too deep in thought to react on a good day. He hit me with his gun as soon as I turned around and I didn't even see who he was until the stars cleared...

How the hell did he find us out here?

Jack's looking at the guy with that expression he usually reserves for guys like Apophis, the one that says 'turn your back on me and I'll kill you'...But Blackie, as Jack calls him, has a similar look, not to mention the gun.

Jack just sits there beside me against the rocks, his body tense and watching for any possible openings...I just don't think this guy's going to give him one. I can't figure out why he hasn't already killed us...

Jack looks at me, asking if I'm okay...and I nod back at him. 'Okay' might be pushing it a little, but...

Blackie is just sitting there in front of us, as if debating something with himself...

He finally seems to come to some sort of decision and motions for us to get up. Jack helps me, once again I seem to need it... and we move out ahead of Blackie, back towards the bungalow.

The wind is getting pretty gusty now and thunder rolls in off the ocean in waves of sound. We'll be lucky to make it back to the house before the storm hits. Jack's looking at me in quick glances and I know, with several year's worth of certainty, that he's thinking about trying to take this guy...now, while we're out in the open...

One thing I have learned with SG1 is to trust Jack's instincts when it comes to tactical measures. If Jack thinks we have a better chance out here, then we have to take it. I nod at him subtly and try to concentrate on taking my weight off of him as inconspicuously as I can...

I feel Jack gathering himself, pushing me aside as he ducks backward. I turn in time to see him grab Blackie's gun hand and Blackie bring a hand down on Jack's neck in a vicious blow. Jack keeps a hand on the gun, but he's visibly stunned...

Blackie twists suddenly, dislodging Jack's hand....

I've managed to get to my feet, but I can see that I'm going to be too late as Blackie aims the gun at Jack's head...

Jack...

My friend...

That's all that really matters...


Back
Back to Stories Page