DAY'S END: Part 11

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net

Author's Notes:  You had to know I'd do it.....*grin*


DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Chapter 11: Jack

When I wake up Daniel is gone...shoes, jacket...yep, gone.

I jump up and look around the house calling for Daniel as I go....

Nothing.

I pull on a jacket and step outside, scanning the beachfront...

The wind's whipping up, a storm's rolling in off the ocean...not good...

*Where the hell is he..?*

The guy's not even supposed to be doing anything more strenuous than couch-potato curls and already we've spent the night by the side of the road after driving for hours, we engaged in a little light sparring and now from the tracks I've found it looks like he's gone for a long walk by the ocean with a storm less than an hour out....

Just another day in the life...

I follow the easily visible tracks and wonder how he managed to slip out on me. Either Daniel's getting better or I'm getting old.....

'What's this....?'

I pick up another set of boot tracks coming out of the rocks and meeting up with and then following Daniel's. Daniel's footprints are just a little more eroded by the surf than the follower's, but not much....

My alarms are going off like crazy. This is a private beach; nobody else should be here...

I start off at a trot, wishing for the weapon that's hundreds of miles away in Colorado....

I come around some rocks and see the tracks converge and the definite imprint of a human body...Daniel?...in the sand....

Whoever it was got up again under his own steam, before moving beside the other guy. He fell here...and again a few feet further. I spot something half-buried in the sand...

A watch...

Daniel's.

This is so not cool....

I start running.

The tracks lead into the rocks, into a cove completely hidden from view...

Deja vu.

I've been in enough traps to recognize one when it hits me over the head, but...

There's Daniel.

He's collapsed up against some rocks, he looks unconscious...

I look around, but don't see anything; the ground here is more rocks than sand...no tracks...

Knowing full well what I'm walking into, I go to Daniel.

He is unconscious, an ugly...bloody...bruise swelling fast on his temple.

*Fraiser is seriously going to have my ass...*

I tap Daniel lightly on the cheek and he starts to rouse...then comes quickly awake when he sees me.

"Jack it's a..."

We both hear the click of a gun safety and turn around at the same time...

'Dammit...'

It's Blackie...the drug-runner from the mountain and he looks entirely *too* happy to see us...


Back
Back to Stories Page