YOU'RE ADDICTED TO STARGATE WHEN...

by: Raven
Feedback to: Stargategirl@hotmail.com

Author's Notes:  I'm sure there are tons more ways to tell, but none of those applied to me.  All the things on here I have done, and I'm not exactly proud of it.



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


You skip any parties or social outings that interfere with your watching Stargate SG-1.

You stop hanging out with people who dislike Stargate... Not that it matters since they stopped hanging out with you first.

Your library at home consists of fan fic, Bill MacKay and Ashley McConnell.

You would rather read the work of Yum@ than Shakespeare.

Your two favorite CDs are Stargate and Stargate SG-1.

You count the days until the next episode airs.

You look forward to going back to school, cause it means new Stargates will be on TV.

You are more well-known on the internet forums than in real life.

Your birthday list consists of Stargate patches, Stargate books, and Stargate videos.

You consider flying to Australia or the UK just to buy Stargate videos.

You name your four fish Jack, Samantha, Daniel, and Teal’c.

You start calling your cat ‘Schrodinger’.

Your internet bookmarks are all Stargate related.

You greet people with ‘Cumtraya!’ and a clap of your hands.

You write your English final focusing on how Stargate has changed your life.

You have seen each episode at least five times.

You would rather vacation in Vancouver than in Hawaii.

Even if you’re talking to someone who neither knows nor cares about Stargate, you can’t help but slip in quotes that you’ve memorized from Stargate quote pages on the internet.

You meet someone, you automatically ask yourself which Stargate character they are most like.

Your friends are fighting, and you shame them by telling them that the Nox wouldn’t like what they are doing.

You go to The Phantom Menace and tell everyone you can that Stargate is a bajillion times better, consequently getting yourself kicked out for talking too much.

Your mom wanted her hair cut so you printed out twenty pictures of Samantha’s hair and convinced her to cut it like that.

You started studying Egyptology so you’d know all about Ra and Apophis.

You want a cake shaped like the Stargate for your birthday. Even better if it’s three-tiered, so it could look the Stargate whooshing out.

You insisted on learning all the Chevron names.

You write at least a letter a week to your local FOX station and tell them how much you love it and, ‘couldn’t you play it more often?’.

You have taken to raising an eyebrow when you are surprised or suspicious.

You know all the plots of the second season, but have only seen the first.

You filled out a yearbook form for the kids in your school, and in the spot for ‘Best Couple’, you wrote ‘Daniel and Sha’re’.

You just picked out a green jacket and intend on getting patches somewhere.

Your sister and brother-in-law forbid you to email them anything, after they got almost 100 Stargate virtual postcards.

Your favorite words are ‘Enigma’ and ‘Cumtraya’.

You refuse to eat shrimp because they look too much like Goa’ulds.

You can’t talk more than ten minutes without muttering, ‘Oh for crying out loud...’.

You sit on the ice in the winter just to see what it felt like for Sam and Jack.

You have printed up ‘Quotes of the Day’ and hang them up in your house.

You refuse to get a hamster because hamster wheels remind you of what Kawalsky was tied onto when he was a Goa’uld.

You read a 400-page book on astrophysics, closed it, and couldn’t remember a thing.

You actually dream that you’re on SG-1.

You start to dread beaches and water because of Oannes.

You permed your hair because you loved Kendra’s hair so much.

The most exciting day of any week is the day a Stargate is on.

You shut off your phone ringer so you won’t be disturbed when you’re watching Stargate.

You invite your friends to ‘sleep over’ and then force them to watch a Stargate. Hey, it’s their fault that they prejudged it, right?

You start drawing the seventh Chevron on your hand like a tattoo.

You start to wonder if Stargate is real. The perfect way to make something unbelievable is to make it believable.

You start to see Ra and Apophis when you are trying to sleep. Argh!

You start buying an extra TV Weekly whenever they talk about Stargate.

You start carving ‘Stargate’ in wooden benches in the park.

You sit down to write a letter to Amanda Tapping, only to stop, realizing that you don’t know who she really is. You then write a letter to Sam Carter.

You’ll only watch a movie if it A) is Stargate, B) has one or more actors from the show in it, or C) has one or more actresses from the show in it.

People call you on the phone asking if you want new windows and you start chanting, ‘Fate of Ammoroka! Fate of Ammoroka!’

You highlight when Stargate is on in the paper, then you put post-it notes all over the house so you won’t forget (as if).

You’re going to dress up as a Goa’uld for Halloween. The tough part will be making your eyes glow. Hmm...

You are seriously considering changing your middle name to Sha’re.

You write a letter to ‘Daniel’, asking him what’s up with his wife’s name- Sha’uri/Sha’re?

Your cousin is having a baby and you suggest the names ‘Samantha’, ‘Daniel’, ‘Jonathan’, ‘Teal’c’, ‘Janet’, ‘George’, ‘Sha’re’, ‘Skaara’, and ‘Apophis’.

You personally celebrate the actors and actresses of Stargate’s birthday.

You insist on traveling to the Giza plateau to try to find the DHD...

Then you want to cruise down to Antarctica and find the second Stargate. It would go great in your living room.

You went on a vacation in the Bighorns and sent over three hours in gift shops looking for a bucket hat like Sam and Daniel wear in ‘Thor’s Hammer.’


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||