Knight

1 - Figure Head

by Werewindle

 

A tall charmingly dressed man made his way through a suite of well-appointed rooms. He walked with a grace and bearing synonymous with nobility. The stream of curses was pure dockside. It had been a really long day, the end of which was not for hours yet to come.

Zechs sometimes wondered if any one would notice if he simple took his gundam and disappeared. Sure Releana might wonder where he had gotten off to, but other things would come up and she wouldn’t get around to worrying for a year, maybe two.

These endless meetings and parties were quickly wearing thin. He hated this feeling of inactivity. He had become horrors above all horrors a figurehead, the knight to his sister’s queen. He needed something to do. He wanted to be out there with the clean up patrols, or working with the Preventers.

Trieze would have understood. Given him some project or another to keep him busy. To make him feel needed, useful. He would have been, but Treize was gone. Lost to a cause he believed in; an honorable death by his most worthy adversary.

Gaaah, he needed to quite these morose thoughts. A double Vodka and a shower so he could paste on his “your-a-greasy-lying-underhanded-pervert-politian-but-I’ll-ignore-the-fact-so-I-don’t-gut-you-and-ruin-Reree’s-party” smile.


Visions of a man melded with machine.

The walking drum pounding through my dreams, beating a rhythm to my every movement.

Found the book need the scepter and sword, the barer and shield.

I’ll call forth the Demon, a knight. I saw it in a dream and so it shall be.


:Next:

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords