Old Friends



Part 15

Angel’s P.O.V.

~We called eachother twice on the ride home. I miss his voice already. I’ve unpacked my things… I found this pewter griffin in my bag. He must’ve slipped it in there when I wasn’t looking.~

“Long time no see, Mister big fat disappearing hero-guy.”

“You think I’m fat?”

“Gawd, Angel. Whatever… how was your trip?”

“Good… Uh… can we talk?”

“Oh no… Tell me the world’s not gonna end! I mean, I didn’t get any visions. Thing’s have been quiet… or so I thought… Gawd… I just bought this dress.”

“Cordelia.”

“What?”

“Can we make with the not talking, so big fat disappearing hero guy can talk?”

“Rude much? Nevermind – tell me what you have to say.”

“Seriously… you don’t think I’m fat, do you?”

~Exasperated sigh. But… she said I was fat!~

“Get over it, Angel. It was just a figure of speech. Just get on with it. I spent the whole day at the mall, and let me tell you… there should be a law against wearing cheap perfume when you’re out shopping… I come home with headaches worse than the visions… it’s really bad… I mean… Avon, much? It’s like…”

“Cordelia.”

“What?! No you’re not fat. Gawd, you’re worse than a woman!”

“Cordelia!”

“Okay. Talk. Short enough for you?”

“Alright… listen. I’ve been trying to think of a way to tell you this.”

~Deep cleansing breath… not really working.~

“I went to the powers, they’ve anchored the soul… I can’t lose it again – barring some strange mystical force we haven’t met up with yet. You never really know when you’re going to… I mean, living out here – you’re bound to run into someone hell-bent on…”

“Excuse me… Interrupting girl here… Uhm… Rewind. Your soul is perm. Check. So does this mean you’ve gone off to play the mystery dance with some cheap bottle blonde again?”

~She reminds me of Spike sometimes.~

“Uh.. yea…well…I mean… sort of?”

“UhyewellImeansortof what?”

“It’s not who you think.”

“So it’s not little Miss Slayer who sent you to hell?”

“No…”

“Then who? What other blonde floosies are running around… let’s see? Darla… uhm… no… can’t see that. Hmm… Lilah?!”

“Ew!”

“Did you just say ‘ew’?”

“No… I said… uh…”

“Okay… it’s not Lilah… thank God! Kate?”

“Stop trying to guess. You won’t get it. Not until I explain some… things.”

“Well get with the explaining. Patience, not my strong suit… don’t know if you’ve noticed…”

“I’ve noticed.”

~Wicked glare. Ouch.~

“So talk.”

“How much…do you know about Vampires?”

“Uh… about all I need to… sunlight, of the bad… stakes, make ’em go poof…”

~Heh heh.~

“And why are you laughing?”

“Alright… here it is. When a Vampire makes another Vampire…”

“Are you telling me about Vampire birds and bees?”

“Cordy… SHHH!”

“Fine! Sheesh!”

“Okay, here we go again… back on track. So… we make a Vampire… and sometimes they’re minions – which are really used for doing our bidding… but sometimes, we make a Childe.”

“Did you get someone pregnant? I didn’t think you guys could do that.”

“Cordy! You have to let me finish… or you’re not going to get this…”

“Get what?”

“Can I finish?”

“Just do it already!”

“A Childe is… shit…”

“A child is shit… hmm, okay… still not getting it.”

~I’ll just keep going, eventually, she’ll shut up. I have a sinking feeling I know when she’ll shut up, too. Ugh~

“A Childe is a companion… in all ways. Someone you train, someone you keep by your side… someone you protect… uh… someone you… uh…you know… havesexwith.”

“Havesexwith… so, let me get this straight… you… Drusilla… ick… That’s a visual I really don’t need.”

“Uh… yeah… back in the day.”

“I knew… I mean… I knew she called you Sire and Daddy… ewwww… Gawd… Gross!”

“Cordy… just…”

“But… didn’t you Sire ‘Apt Pupil Boy’?”

“Yes.”

“OhMyGawd.”

“Are you understanding yet?”

“Yes… and ew. And… hey… ew… Spike?”

“Yes.”

~Wow… she’s taking a huge breath… I’m about to get the shit kicked out of me… verbally… I wish she’d just hit me.~

“Ohmygawd… I know who the bottle blonde is… and ANGEL! He’s a serial killer! I heard he was leashed… but gawd Angel! What the hell are you thinking? Why him? He’s… rude! He’s evil! Gawd! What’s wrong with you?! He’ll kill you, first chance he gets!! He can hurt you… you’re not human, you know! That means he can!”

~I think she’s about to throw something at me.~

“Cordy… listen… please.”

“Oh… What? You’re gonna have words to explain why you’re… I really need a drink.”

“You don’t drink…”

“Uh… turns out I do… today, yeah… turns out.”

“Cordy…”

“Okay, so I get that you’re gay. I always figured as much – what with your fashion sense, and all.”

“I’m not gay, and there’s nothing wrong with the way I dress.”

“Whatever, Mr. Not-gay-guy. You opt for a psychotic killer instead of a nice plaid. All in all, you’re still sounding pretty gay to me.”

“Cordy!”

“What? Get with the drink making… Oh…my head.”

~Rush to her side.~

“Vision?”

“No… YOU!”

“I really wish you’d let me explain… wine?”

“Not strong enough… what’s that brown stuff you drink?”

“Whiskey?”

“Yeah… give me a cup of that.”

“A glass… and it might be a bit much for you.”

“Oh… and confirming the fact that my boss is gay, and he’s bumping uglies with the bleached terror of Sunnyhell wasn’t much at all. Sheesh, Angel… you’re really a dork sometimes.”

“One glass of whiskey, got it.”

“Make it straight up.”

~Blank stare.~

“What? I heard it in a movie… it sounded cool.”

“Humor me, Cordy… take a little ice.”

“Fine… whatever. Listen, Angel…”

~Where the hell did… there it is… two glasses… I’ll take mine straight.~

“Cordy… if you’d take a minute to hear me out…”

“I heard you. I get it. You’re having sex with Spike… I mean, he’s hot and everything… great build… unbelievable complexion… I wonder if he moisturizes… do you moisturize?”

“Do I what?”

~I need a bigger glass. Hand hers over. She takes a sip and makes a face.~

“Ew.”

“At the risk of sounding like I’m saying ‘I told you so.’… I told you so.”

“Shut up. I’m only gonna say this once… if he hurts you…”

“He won’t.”

“You don’t know that, Angel. This could be some game he’s playing.”

“He’s not playing anything.”

“So why him? Why not some nice guy from around here.”

“Because I’m not gay.”

“What is your deal? You’re having sex with men, you’re gay… nothing to be ashamed of… gawd… denial’s not just a river in Egypt…”

“Spike is not a man. He’s a Vampire. I’m a Vampire. Are you seeing a trend here?”

“He’s a boy Vampire. A Man-Pire.”

~I’m laughing too hard to argue. Will would get a kick out of this.~

“Well… he is!”

“Cordy… it’s what we do. Us. Vampires. We make a Vampire, a Childe – that’s what we call them. And… if you hadn’t noticed – we’re not terribly hung up on sexuality issues.”

“Then why do you keep saying you’re not gay?”

“Because I’m… God! You’re frustrating!”

“It’s part of my charm.”

~Jump up on the counter, and pat the space next to me.~

“Come on… sit.”

“Help me up.”

~Put my arms under her shoulders, and pull her next to me.~

“Look… it’s like this. For a long time… we were together. We did everything together. It’s what we did. Circumstances beyond our control separated us. All of us. Granted, I’m not out attempting to reunite the family…”

“Family?”

“That’s what we’re called… Family… Clan… Bloodline. It’s all very ritualistic, pretty outdated now. You won’t run across many of us from the old world.”

“So… you guys were like some great big dysfunctional family that had sex with everyone.”

“Well, that’s a…an…interesting way of seeing things. But yeah… basically.”

“Jerry Springer would’ve made a killing off of you.”

“No… we’d have made a killing off of him.”

“Oh… Ha ha… very funny, broodboy. I thought you were over your ‘wrath of khan’ days.”

“I am… I just… I’m having a tough time explaining this to you.”

“I think I understand.”

“You do?”

~Those eyes, big brown gentle eyes, a smile as wide as an ocean… she’s stunning.~

“I do.”

“So… what’s happening now… well, we’re really in the same place. Neither of us chose to be this way, but we’re making the best of it. We’re… “

“Star crossed lovers?”

“I’ve had my fill of that, thanks… it’s different with him. I’m having fun… for the first time… in… forever. No guilt for debauching some innocent young thing. None of that… it’s just… easy between us.”

“So… do you still like girls?”

“Of course I do. Why?”

“Then you’re Bi.”

“I don’t really go for labels… “

~Give her a goofy grin.~

“So give me the dish…”

“What dish?”

~She’s leaning in and smiling, a secretive little glint in her eyes.~

“Is he a good kisser?”

~Have to laugh.~

“Yeah…”

“I always wondered… He’s sexy… for a bloodsucking fiend with little to no taste in hair care products.”

“I’ll be sure to pass on the message.”

“So… what do you guys do?”

“Do?”

“You know… who’s the pitcher, who’s the catcher.”

“That’s where things get tricky…”

“Oh?”

~She looks delighted with herself.~

“Remember when I was telling you about the whole ‘old way’ thing? We call it the ‘lore’. Anyway… a Sire isn’t supposed to…”

“YOU?!”

“Well…”

“Did you? Did you let him?”

~Goofy grin isn’t getting me out of this… ~

“We… uh…”

“Oh. My. God. You were a virgin, weren’t you?”

“Is there writing on my face that I’m not aware of?”

“How sweet!”

“Cordy!”

“How’d it go?”

“Uh…”

“Come on! You can’t stop now… tell me.”

“It was… incredible.”

~I can see him now… his body over mine… God… ~

“Angel?”

“What?”

“Look at me.”

~Turn my face to hers.~

“What?”

“You’re in love… aren’t you?”

“Uhm… I think?”

“Let’s go.”

“Where?”

~She’s jumping off the counter and grabbing her purse.~

“Caritas. First – we check with Lorne. If he gives the all clear – you won’t hear a peep out of me.”

“You really shouldn’t promise things you’re not able to fulfill.”

~Oh… if looks could stake.~

“I’m gonna let that slide, Mister… but watch it.”

“I hear you.”

~Jump in the car, and head to the bar. I’ve got my phone on… I hope he calls. It would be rude to call him while we’re driving… I don’t think she’d notice, though… she’s pointing out all the hot shopping spots on the way…~

“And there’s where I got this vintage beaded bag… Not like I’m really in any position to do any elegant nights out on the town… Gawd… what my life has become… anyway, so they had this great Vera Wang knockoff, but I just couldn’t bring myself to buy it… because… well c’mon… Cordy… Queen C… right… like I’d be caught dead in a knock off.”

~Pull into the parking lot… Listen to Cordy prattle on about whatever… I wish he’d call.~

“Angel… Angel.”

“Yeah?”

“Will you?”

“Cordy…”

“Come on… pleaaaaaaase.”

“You’ve seen it a million times.”

“Gawd! You have to… Just do it once… for me. You’re dumping all kinds of crap on me tonight… you owe me, buster.”

“My face isn’t a toy.”

“Sure it is… It’s fun… c’mon… everyone’s doin’ it…”

“Great… now I’m getting the ‘after-school-movie-of-the-week’ pressure.”

“Let me see…”

“Fine.”

~Vamp out… she’s squealing like a kid and clapping her hands. Jumps into my lap, and I plant a kiss on her nose.~

“It’s so cool…”

“Do you have any idea how precious you are, Cordelia?”

“Yes… but feel free to tell me.”

~Wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.~

“Tell me why you like this.”

“I dunno… it’s cool…”

“You’d make a great Vamp.”

“Ya think?”

“I don’t think… I know… okay?”

“Hey! That’s my line.”

“And I like it.”

“Let’s get inside.”




Feedback

On to Part 16

Back to “Old Friends” Page

Back to Mouse’s Page

Back to BTVS/AtS FanFic

Back to Adult FanFic

Home



For the line graphics on this page, go to:

This link is no longer valid.
If you know the correct link, please send it to me.