Quantum Xander 2
In the Wake of the Curse

Parts 41 - 50



Part 41 Part 42 Part 43 Part 44 Part 45 Part 46

Part 47 Part 48 Part 49 Part 50 Bottom



Part 41

Hallie was almost salivating as she watched Xander think over his options. She knew he wouldn’t disappoint her; he was always the noble one - putting everyone else first. He would do it this time, as well. She was sure of it.

“I’ve made a decision.”

“All you have to do is say the words, and it will all be over.”

“Go to hell. I won’t wish, no way no how.”

Hallie waved her arms and smiled.

“Done!”

Xander silently counted down from three and grinned as she turned and glared at him.

“What?! What do you mean you won’t do it? You would let the world suffer just so you could keep fucking a vampire?”

“Yep. See, I have faith in Buffy. She’ll defeat the First and the world will be fine.”

“And Anyanka?”

“She knows the score. If she isn’t happy with her job, she should quit. Being human isn’t a bad deal, Hallie. In fact, I think you should try it.”

In a move that Xander wasn’t even sure how he pulled off, he ripped Halfrek’s necklace from her throat and smashed it under his boot heel. Hallie screamed.

Just then, screams from inside the building brought the others toward Xander and the newly-human Halfrek. Xander didn’t even spare a backward glance at her as he led the charge inside to help out his friends.

What he found inside was carnage - pure and simple. Rona’s arm had been busted and two of the other girls were dead. Buffy was unconscious on the far side of the room and Spike was looking a bit worse for wear. Xander looked at his mate; Spike nodded and Xander went to help Buffy.

Faith engaged Caleb, but she was no match for his strength - none of them were. Xander knew that they had walked into a trap, and that they needed to retreat. He began pulling Buffy toward the stairs.

“Xander, get them out of here. Do it.”

Xander nodded and started to gather the rest of the girls. Buffy rushed back into the fight with Caleb, trying to buy Xander enough time to get the others out. She saw what he did to Molly - one of the girls he killed and she lashed out at him in fury. Caleb sailed across the room with the force of the blow.

Spike and Xander were helping the girls to the stairs when Caleb got back up. He grabbed Xander and turned him around to face him.

“You’re the one who sees everything, aren’t you?”

Caleb reared his hand back in front of Xander’s face.

“Well, let’s see what we can do about that.”

Xander could see the thumb coming towards his eye almost as if in slow motion. He heard Spike’s roar of rage and turned his head to see him running toward him. He knew Spike wouldn’t make it; he could see that Spike knew it too. Not even knowing how it was that he was doing it, Xander merely stepped to the side, and then time started to return to normal all around him.

“How did you…”

Caleb didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence as Spike tackled him to the ground, pouring all his rage and fury out on the man who tried to hurt what was his. Xander quickly grabbed Spike and pulled him away. Buffy was still waiting for them.

“Xander, Spike. Come on!”

The trio headed outside to find the others waiting for them. They were all in bad shape - some worse than others - and they needed to get some of the girls to the hospital. Buffy pulled out her cell phone and called home. Willow said she’d be there in a few minutes with the car.

Xander looked around but didn’t see Hallie anywhere. He wondered whether he did the right thing in destroying her power center. Anya had had help acclimating, she had the scoobies and she had him, Hallie was wandering around Sunnydale at night by herself. Xander didn’t have time to worry about Halfrek, though; he had to help the others. They needed to get as far away from the vineyard as they could.

Spike was helping Rona; the girl was minutes away from passing out. Xander saw a couple of the other girls who looked like they would collapse any minute and headed toward them. He placed a hand on each of them and sent a small burst of energy through them. He smiled at the shocked look on their faces and headed off to see if Buffy and Faith were okay.

Willow showed up minutes later; Xander didn’t want to know how fast she must have been driving to get there that quickly. They piled Rona into the front seat with Willow and a couple of the other girls into the back. Willow drove off to the hospital and Buffy turned to Xander.

“Can you and Spike take the girls back to the house? I want to make sure the others are okay.”

“Sure thing, Buff.”

“Thanks.”

Faith shrugged her shoulders and headed after Buffy. Xander rounded up the rest of the girls and he and Spike walked them back to Buffy’s. They answered Giles’ questions, reassured Dawn that Buffy was fine, and then headed home.

Once inside the door, Spike grabbed Xander and pushed his back against the door before attacking his mouth. Xander yielded to his mate’s desire and kissed him back just as aggressively. When Spike finally pulled away to let Xander get some much-needed oxygen, he buried his face into his neck and sucked on his claim scar.

“Spike? Not that I’m complaining, but what’s this all about?”

The blond released the patch of skin from his mouth and pulled Xander away from the door. He began leading him back toward the bedroom as he answered.

“Almost lost you tonight, pet. Scared me.”

“I’m okay; not even a scratch.”

“I wasn’t fast enough, love. If you hadn’t made with the mojo, he’d have gotten you. Blinded you, maybe even killed you. Can’t lose you, Xander. Not now; I’ve only just found you.”

Xander kissed Spike and then grabbed the hem of the vampire’s t-shirt and slowly began pulling it up - exposing a smooth, flat stomach that just begged to be touched, a well defined six-pack that Xander desperately wanted to explore with his tongue.

Spike raised his arms and Xander pulled the shirt over his head and tossed it aside before slowly lowering his mouth to Spike’s collarbone. He nipped it lightly and then traced all the way across to the other side of his chest, stopping in the middle to suck on the hollow in between. Spike groaned and let his eyes fall shut as he felt his mate’s warm lips slowly move to his right nipple.

Xander teased the little nubbin of flesh into a hard peak and then bit down softly. Spike made a strangled keening noise and Xander soothed the small hurt by laving it with his tongue before repeating the process on the left nipple.

Spike sighed and threaded his hands through his boy’s hair as he felt the tip of Xander’s tongue trailing wetly across his abs. He moaned as Xander’s hands trailed up the backs of his legs and then squeezed his ass firmly. He could now see why Anya had called Xander a Viking in the sack. There was just no describing what it felt like to be the focus of this man’s attention. Spike had never felt so cherished or wanted as he did when Xander took his time exploring his body.

The man in question had finished his exploration of Spike’s abdominals and was now contemplating his navel. He dipped his tongue inside and swirled it around, causing Spike to jump slightly and emit a tiny squeak. Xander chuckled against the firm flesh under his lips and then sucked lightly on the small indentation. Knowing that Spike’s bellybutton was sensitive, he decided not to overstimulate it and kissed his way down the light dusting of hair that disappeared into the waistband of the tight, black jeans.

“Mmm. Happy trail.”

Xander smiled as he remembered the confusion he had felt the first time he had heard that phrase. It had been Cordelia who had finally explained what it meant. He remembered blushing profusely when she told him.

“What was that, love?”

Xander looked up at Spike, his bangs falling into his eyes and grinned.

“Happy trail.”

He licked said happy trail in explanation.

“Why do you call it that?”

Xander just grinned and popped open the button of Spike’s jeans with his teeth. Spike watched as his zipper was slowly lowered the same way. Xander peeled back the open front of the vampire’s jeans and was smacked in the forehead with his lover’s hard cock. He shook his head fondly and moved back a bit.

Starting at Spike’s navel again, he licked his way down the trail until he reached the base of his mate’s cock. He looked up to see Spike watching him, a look of lust and longing on his face.

“Happy trail - ’cause when you get to the end of the trail, you get a happy.”

That said, Xander swooped down and sucked Spike’s penis into his mouth. He heard a soft ‘Oh’ from above him before the hands tightened in his hair and Spike groaned loudly.




Part 42

The next morning, Xander was awakened to a banging on his front door. He rolled out of bed and grabbed his robe on the way to answer it. Usually the only person who came around this early in the morning was Buffy, so it had to be important. Needless to say, he was stunned to see a strange man in a brown uniform standing in the hall.

“Alexander Harris?”

“Yeah.”

“Sign here, please.”

The man thrust a clipboard and a pen at him, and he blinked sleepily. He took the proffered items on reflex and scrawled his name on the dotted line before handing it back.

“Here you go. Have a good day, sir.”

The man handed Xander a package and walked away. Xander closed the door, set the package down on the hall table and crawled back into bed. He wrapped himself around Spike’s cooler body and drifted off to sleep.


He was in the park. The sun was shining and he was sitting on a checkered blanket, a picnic basket beside him. He could feel his mate’s body nestled against his back and he sighed softly and rested fully against him.

“No beach this time?”

“Hey, love. Thought you might like a change of scenery.”

“Mmm, Spike. Missed you. Don’t care where we are, as long as you’re here.”

“I missed you too.”

“Why haven’t you come sooner? I sleep every night, you know.”

Spike chuckled and kissed Xander lightly.

“I know. I wanted to give you and him some time to adjust. Things are drawing close, love. It’s almost time.”

“I know. I can’t wait to see you again - for real.”

“Me too, Xan.”

“I’ve done things, strange things. I’m not the same as you remember.”

“I know, love. I know everything that happened. I’m always with you, even when you can’t see me, I can see you, feel you, hear you. I’m always with you, love. I told you I’d never leave you, and I never did.”

“The whole time? You’ve been here - seen and heard everything?”

“Everything. Now don’t go blushing. I enjoyed watching. Very much so. You have no idea how hot you are, how unbelievably sexy you can be. Watching as you kiss him, touch him, taste him… Fuck Xan, I can’t tell you how hard I get. I can’t wait until it’s my turn again. I miss feeling you inside me. I miss filling you up, sliding into you oh-so-slowly and making you beg for more.”

Xander groaned at the words being whispered so seductively into his ear. It had been far too long since he had been with this Spike, and he wanted so badly to feel him again, feel him do all of those things that he was saying.

“God, Spike. Touch me? Please.”

“Always love, always.

There were no clothes to get in the way as Spike’s hands came around and roamed greedily over Xander’s chest. He pulled and plucked at small brown nipples until they were hard little points. One hand drifted lower to stroke lightly over his cock and balls while the other trailed tiny circles over the two small puncture scars on his throat.

“I can’t wait to mark you again, love; sink my fangs into your sweet flesh and make you mine all over again. Will you scream for me, Xander, scream for me the way you did for him? I loved that; it was so fucking hot, watching him as he took you hard and fast. Wanna do that myself, plunge into you and ride you hard, taste your blood, make you scream.”

“Yes. God yes! Oh fuck, Spike. Please.”

The hand on his cock began to move with more purpose now and Xander bucked into the grip. He was so desperate to cum, but he wanted more. He wanted to feel his mate inside him.

“Spike, in me, please, in me. Need you; fuck, want you so bad.”

“Yeah love, you beg so pretty. Turn around, Xan. Ride my cock. Let me see you.”

Xander didn’t need to be asked twice. He quickly spun and straddled his mate’s thighs before kissing him deeply. He was so glad that he didn’t need lube or stretching while in this dream state and quickly impaled himself on Spike’s thick shaft.

“Fucking hell, Xander. Yeah, like that love. Ride me.”

Xander was too close to take things slow, he set a brutal rhythm; riding Spike hard and fast. He watched as Spike went into game face and his yellow eyes rolled back in his head.

“Fuck, Spike. Gonna cum, can’t wait, haf’ta cum now.”

“Yeah love, cum for me; I wanna watch you.”

Spike grabbed Xander’s cock and tugged it. Xander arched and came with such force that it painted Spike’s face and neck. He felt Spike release himself into his body, the cool splash of his cum coating his insides.

Spike licked his lips, tasting Xander’s pleasure. He watched as Xander’s eyes darkened in lust once again and chuckled at him.

“Mmm, love. You taste good.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

Spike pulled Xander down and kissed him deeply, sharing the flavor of his release with him. He wanted nothing more than to roll them over and pound into him again and again. He eased away from the kiss and smiled as Xander tried to capture his lips again.

“Christ, pet. I want you so bad.”

“Have me, take me. Please.”

“Can’t love. No time. You have to wake up.”

“I don’t want to. Why do I have to?”

Spike shook his head fondly and sat up, taking Xander with him.

“Don’t you want to know what’s in that package, love?”

“Wha… Huh? Package? What package?”

“The package on the hall table, the one you signed for this morning? The one from China?”

“China? Shit! Spike! It’s the gherystic! I can do the spell!”

“Yeah, Xan. You can. So, you still wanna stay here or do you want to wake up and bring me home to you?”

Xander kissed Spike quickly and hugged him tight.

“I wanna wake up now. I want to hold you in the real world.”

“Good.”

“Um, how exactly do I wake up?”

Spike smiled and kissed Xander again.

“You just do, love. You just do.”



Xander opened his eyes and looked around his bedroom. He grinned and leapt out of bed. He didn’t even bother with the robe - just ran out to the front room naked and grabbed the package off the table. He tore it open and whooped with happiness.

Spike had woken up when Xander leapt out of bed. He grabbed his jeans off the floor and pulled them up over his hips; he didn’t bother to do them up. He was halfway to the living room when he heard Xander shout out loud. He peeked around the wall and saw him holding the container of dried gherystic plant. He sighed to himself, painted on a cheery smile and walked out to the front room.

“That the thing you were waiting for, love?”

“Yep! I have everything I need now.”

Spike shook his head at Xander.

“Not everything, Xan. You still haven’t taken my blood.”

Spike held out his wrist to Xander and waited. Waited to be bled, to be cast aside, to be forgotten. Regardless of what the boy had said, Spike couldn’t believe that he’d still be wanted once the other Spike was here.

Xander took Spike’s hand, turned it over and placed a soft kiss on his wrist.

“I do love you, Spike. Whether you believe me or not, I’m not going to forget about you just because he’s back. I promise.”

“I know, pet; I believe you.”

Xander shook his head sadly; he could see the misery on his mate’s face, even behind the fake cheeriness. He wished that Spike could believe him, but knew that he would have to prove to him that he loved and wanted him for himself - not because he was a convenient stand-in.

“Liar. Come on, breakfast first, bloodletting second.”




Part 43

“Huh. I didn’t realize this spell was so involved.”

“What’s that, pet?”

“Oh, just reading over the spell. I never realized that it would take so much time. And I think I might need help.”

Spike looked over Xander’s shoulder and read.

“Hmm, does seem a bit … involved, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll help if you want. Can’t say as I’m any good with the mojo, but I can crush herbs and mix stuff.”

Xander turned and kissed Spike before smiling at him.

“Thank you. Are you sure? I mean I know you said you were okay with this, but I can see that you’re not. I wish I knew how to convince you that I love you, that I will still love you, after the spell is done and he’s back.”

Xander stood and took Spike into his arms. He kissed him deeply and then looked into his eyes. He smiled.

“I love you. You. And if anything ever happens to you, I will work just as hard to get you back as I am to get him back. Please Spike, you have to believe that.”

“I want to, love. I do, but experience tells me that this won’t work, no matter how much we want it to. What if he wants me gone? What happens then, if you have to choose between me and him?”

“Won’t happen. He knows, Spike. I don’t know how, but he’s here, all the time. He can see me, hear me. He knows everything that’s happened. He’s good with it. I saw him this morning - in my dreams again. He told me he enjoyed watching us together, that it got him hot.”

Xander chuckled at the slightly shocked expression on the vampire’s face. He knew it had to be William’s influence there, ’cause Spike was never embarrassed when it came to sex.

“He… he watched us?”

“Yep. He really liked it when you took me that first night. The way you made me scream for you.”

Spike leered at Xander and then licked the side of his throat before nipping it lightly.

“I liked that too, in fact I think I’d like to do that again. Now.”

Spike spun Xander so that he was facing the wall and then pressed up against his back. He opened Xander’s robe and let it fall to the floor before peeling off his jeans and rubbing his hardness against Xander’s ass.

“Think he’s watching now, love? Want to give him a show he’ll never forget?”

Xander just groaned and pushed back against Spike. He knew that Spike needed this, and in all truth he did, as well.

“Yeah, Spike. Do it; make me scream.”

Spike didn’t waste any time. He was desperate to be inside Xander, to feel him hot and tight around him. He pinned Xander’s hands above his head and nipped him on the shoulder before whispering in his ear.

“You move those and I’ll stop. Got that?”

“Got it. No moving, promise. Touch me?”

“Yeah, pet. I’ll touch you alright.”

Spike lowered himself until he was kneeling behind Xander between his spread legs. He ran his hands reverently over the swell of his mate’s ass and then gently parted his cheeks. He could hear the man’s heart rate increase and smelled his arousal. He licked over the small rosette and then blew chilly air across it.

“Spike! Gods, please don’t tease.”

“Hush, pet. Putting on a show remember? Be a good boy now.”

An evil grin crossed the vampire’s face as Xander whimpered above him. If this was going to be the last time he’d have the boy all to himself, he was damn sure going to make it unforgettable.

Xander kept his arms pinned above his head as he was teased into a frenzy. Spike licked over his hole, occasionally pushing inside him and making him cry out in pleasure. It was maddening; he was so turned on, he was desperate to cum. He knew that Spike had no intention of giving him release any time soon, though. He could only push back against that maddening tongue and beg for the sweet torture to stop.

Spike was quite enjoying himself; he had Xander at his mercy - begging for him to stop teasing and just fuck him already. He had to grin though; the boy never moved his arms from where Spike had placed them. Reluctantly, he moved away from Xander’s sweet ass and stood. He was too hard to wait any longer; if he wasn’t inside Xander soon, he was going to embarrass himself.

“Gonna fuck you hard now, Xan. Gonna make you scream.”

“Gah.”

Spike chuckled and grabbed the bottle of olive oil from the cupboard. It was the only thing handy and he wasn’t going all the way back to the bedroom for the lube. He poured some into his hand and smoothed it over his erection. He shuddered and stilled as that touch alone was almost his undoing. He used his still-slippery fingers to oil and stretch Xander’s ass before driving into him without warning.

“Fuck!”

Xander yelped and then moaned as Spike began to piston in and out of him. He was so close, too close. He didn’t want it to be over so soon.

“Spike, shit, gonna cum.”

Spike grabbed Xander’s cock at the base and held it firmly.

“No you’re not! Not until I say so.”

Xander groaned and felt himself grow incredibly harder at the command. He was glad that Spike was holding off his climax for him or he would have been done for at the sound of that voice, speaking those words, in that tone.

“Ungh. God. Feel so fucking good. Harder, please.”

“You want harder, love? Beg me. Tell me what you want, Xander, what you need.”

Spike stopped moving, holding himself completely still, buried balls-deep inside his mate. Xander had tears leaking from his eyes he was so desperate to cum. He couldn’t believe how turned on he was by being denied.

“Please, Spike, fuck me hard. Make me scream, make me bleed. Anything, just fucking fuck me already!”

“Yeah, pet. That’s nice. Squeeze me love, let me feel how desperate you are.”

Xander sobbed as he clenched Spike hard and felt the vampire begin to move again. He screamed as Spike smashed into his prostate and then bit deeply in his neck. He still couldn’t cum, Spike’s hand having tightened its grip.

“Fuck, Xan. Feels too good. Gonna fill you with my cum, pet. Want to feel me cum inside you?”

“Yes! Fuck, Spike, let me cum! Please?”

“Not yet, love.”

Spike pounded into Xander and then roared as he came. He didn’t stop, though; he just kept fucking him as he remained hard inside him. He could smell Xander’s tears and frustration but it was buried under such a thick haze of lust that he knew his boy was enjoying it.

“So hot, love; so tight and so good. You make me want to cum too soon, Xander. I’m so close again already. Do you want to cum with me this time? Shall I release your cock and let you cum?”

“Please, oh please. Spike, fuck! I need to, please let me cum.”

“Alright, love. I’ll let you cum.”

Spike released his firm grip on Xander’s cock and began stroking it lightly instead as he thrust himself hard and fast into Xander’s tight channel. He whispered softly in his ear…

“You may cum now, pet.”

And then buried his fangs deep inside his mark.

Xander screamed as he shot his climax all over the wall and Spike flooded his insides again with cool liquid. He barely heard the phone begin to ring as he passed out.

Spike pulled out and gently scooped Xander into his arms. He carried him into the bedroom and lowered him onto the bed. He cleaned him gently and then lay down beside him. He looked around the room to see if there was any sign that they were indeed being watched.

“I don’t know if you’re here, but if you are, know this. I won’t leave him. Not for you, not for anyone. If you want me gone, you’ll have to stake me. Xander’s mine, as much as he is yours; I’m not giving him up.”

That said, Spike kissed Xander softly and headed out to the living room to check the answering machine.




Part 44

“Xander. Xan, love. Wake up.”

Xander stirred and blearily opened his eyes. He gazed up at Spike, blinked sleepily and then smiled. It was one of the most beautiful smiles Spike had ever seen, as it was full of love and directed at him.

“I have to go, pet. Rupert called, he wants me to go check a lead he has on our preacher.”

Xander sat up in alarm and grabbed Spike’s hand.

“By yourself? No way! I’m going with!”

“Xan, I appreciate the thought, but don’t you have a spell you need to do?”

Xander was torn. He desperately wanted to bring back Spike, but he didn’t want this Spike to go off on a dangerous mission without back-up. Damn, these decisions were going to kill him.

“I do, but I don’t want you to be in danger.”

“Hey, I can hold my own against Bringers, and thanks to you I can defend myself against any humans, as well. I’ll be fine, love. Trust me.”

“I do. I just worry; I love you.”

“I know, and you offering to come with means a lot.”

Spike kissed Xander and then backed away from the bed. He stopped in the doorway and shook his head. He couldn’t believe he was actually passing up the opportunity to spend more time alone with his mate.

“I asked Red and Glinda to come by and help you out with the spell, since I won’t be able to assist.”

“Thanks. Oh, hey! How are you getting there?”

“Rupert’s lending me ’is car. Some little shit-box rental he has.”

Xander chuckled and got out of bed. He went to the closet and rummaged around in the other Spike’s duster pockets. He pulled out a set of keys and tossed them to Spike.

“Take the bike. It’s in the storage locker in the basement. It’ll be faster than Giles’ car and easier to make a hasty retreat on.”

“Ta, love. ’Cept of course if it’s daytime, perhaps I should take the watcher’s car, just to be on the safe side.”

Xander frowned at that. He was well aware that Spike could look after himself, and had been doing so for over a century but he didn’t like this situation one bit. Everything about this Caleb had, so far, been trouble.

“Hang on a sec.”

Xander reached back into the coat. His fingers closed around the object he was searching for and he withdrew his hand from the deep pocket. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then held out his hand to Spike.

“I wish I could let you keep it, but I can’t. It was his first, and it’s still his; but right now I want you to wear it. Wear it and be safe.”

Spike looked at the ring in Xander’s palm. It was the gem of Amara, the vampire equivalent of the holy grail. He had held it once before, worn it for almost an entire day, until he had stupidly gone after Buffy instead of hopping a flight to Aruba.

“You’ve had it? This whole time?”

Xander nodded sadly. He didn’t know what to say to make this better. The fact that he could have let Spike wear it, that he could have spent time with him in the sun this whole time and hadn’t, it was stupid of him, but he hadn’t actually given it any thought until he was coming home from L.A.

“I sorta forgot I had it for awhile there, and then when I did remember, I had the Spell. I didn’t want to give it to you, only to have to take it away from you. It seemed… cruel. I’m sorry, I wish I had another one.”

Spike inched closer to Xander; he looked at the ring and then looked at the saddened expression on his lover’s face. He wasn’t angry with Xander - far from it. He was shocked; amazed that Xander was giving him this wonderful gift, even if it was only on loan. He understood that Xander had kept the other Spike’s things and held them somewhat sacred. He himself still had mementoes of Drusilla and Angelus that he would never part with.

“This is so fucking unfair!”

Xander’s shout of frustration startled Spike back into the here and now. He watched as his lover paced the room suddenly, fists clenched at his sides.

“I love you! Both of you. I want you to be safe. How the hell can I keep you both safe with only one ring? Not to mention the problems this is going to cause after the spell. How am I ever going to enjoy being out in the day with him, while you’re stuck here inside in dark? I won’t, that’s how!”

Spike slowly backed away from Xander as his eyes began to darken and his skin began to glow. He was torn between wanting to rush to him and protect him from whatever was happening, and fleeing in terror from the powerful mojo he could feel coming from him.

“Er, Xan? You all right there, love? You’re getting kinda…”

Spike trailed off as Xander turned black eyes on him and his hair began to stand on end.

“…scary.”

Spike swallowed and hedged a little farther to the door. He knew Xander wouldn’t hurt him, but he had a powerful preservation instinct and right now it was screaming at him to run and hide.

“I can’t do this, Spike. I won’t. I won’t be forced to choose!”

“Alright, love. No choosing. I’ll make it simple for you, his ring - he keeps it. Alright?”

Xander closed his eyes as he felt his entire being surge with strength, he didn’t register anything Spike had said. He was blind and deaf to the world around him; the only thing he was aware of, the only thing he felt was the power as it surged throughout his being.

Spike panicked as Xander began to float a good two or three feet off the floor. He had only seen and felt power like this one other time in his life and that had been when Willow took on Glory, and he was pretty sure that what he was feeling now was even stronger than that had been.

“Xan?”

There was a flash of blinding white light and Spike had to turn away under the onslaught lest he be blinded. When he turned back, Xander was lying on the floor, perfectly still. Spike rushed to him and gathered him into his arms.

“Bloody hell, love. What have you done now?”

Xander was still for several minutes while Spike carefully monitored his breathing and heart rate. He knew that the man was okay physically, and hoped it was just exhaustion that was keeping him from waking up, not something more complicated.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, Xander opened his eyes and sat up. He blinked and looked around the room before finally settling his gaze on Spike.

“Are you okay, Xan? You scared the living hell out of me.”

Xander looked down at his left hand; the one that he had been holding the ring in and slowly opened it. The ring was still there. He then opened his right hand. Sitting in his palm was an exact replica of the same ring.

“Holy shit.”

Xander whispered in awe.

“I did it.”




Part 45

Xander was smiling and whistling a happy tune as he answered the door and let Willow and Tara into his apartment. He had just watched as Spike roared off down the street on the motorcycle in broad daylight. He had been kissed so hard his lips were bruised. It was totally worth the physical exhaustion he felt, just the look on Spike’s face when he stepped out into the sunshine and then turned his face to the sky. Xander had only seen such a beautiful sight once before in his life, and that was when he’d given the same gift to his other mate.

“Xander? Are you okay?”

“I’m great Wills, never been better!”

“Good, so what do you want us to do? Spike wasn’t very specific.”

Xander grinned stupidly at the sound of his lover’s name and led the girls into the kitchen where he had the spell and the supplies laid out on the table.

“I’m going to need some help getting everything ready, plus, I might need some extra oomph in the casting department. I kinda overexerted myself earlier. The girls both blushed and he laughed at their misconception.

“Not doing that! Geez, Wills. I did something… I’m not even sure what or how, but I made a copy of something - an exact duplicate - it drained me pretty good.”

“What did you copy?”

“The gem of Amara. For Spike.”

Both girls looked at Xander in awe. Tara blinked and then smiled at Willow.

“He’s a born mage - wizard, warlock, whatever you want to call it, Xander is one. He was born to it, like my Grandmother was. You remember I told you about her?”

“Yeah, but Tara, you said that only women were born to the power.”

“No, I said it’s almost always women. I haven’t heard of a man being born with the power for centuries. In fact, I think the last one was almost a thousand years ago. Xander?”

Tara turned old, knowing eyes on him and seemed to look straight into his soul.

“You do realize that this power comes with great responsibility. You have to make a choice, and soon. If you continue to use your gift, you will change; in a way, you’ll ascend. Become something other than a regular human being. The power you have, it’s too much for a human body to withstand. You have to decide if you are willing to accept it. If you can’t, you have to stop using it.”

“What happens if I can’t accept the changes, I mean, if I continue to use the power but don’t accept the changes?”

“It will kill you. If you’re lucky.”

Xander swallowed and nodded his understanding. There were a lot worse things than dying, after all. Willow looked at Xander with wide eyes and began to cry. Xander and Tara sandwiched her between then and tried to soothe her tears.

“Hey, none of that now. I’m not going to die, and I’m not going to do anything stupid, either. I’m an accepting guy, Wills. I accepted that I’m Bi, that I’m hopelessly in love with not one, but two vampires, two Spikes - of all vampires, and that I’m apparently some kick-ass warlock dude. I’m all for changes, if they bring about good. Well, so long as I don’t sprout horns.”

Xander raised an eyebrow and looked questioningly at Tara.

“There won’t be horns, will there?”

Tara giggled.

“No, Xander. No horns.”

Willow breathed a sigh of relief and the three separated. Tara winked at her lover and then turned a sly gaze on Xander’s bum. Xander noticed where here eyes were and cleared his throat.

“Is there a problem?”

“No, I was checking to see if your tail was coming in yet.”

At Xander’s startled look, both girls burst out laughing. Xander joined them for a minute and then shook his head.

“Alright, enough of the messing around; let’s get down to business ladies, I have a vampire to resurrect.”

For the next hour the threesome carefully measured ingredients, crushed herbs, chanted, and double and triple checked until they were sure everything was in place. Xander retrieved the urn of ashes from his bedroom and carefully poured them out onto the floor inside the circle Tara had set up. He poured the combined blood of himself, Angel and Spike into the center of the small mound of dust and sprinkled the crushed herb mixture over the top.

After closing the circle, he was joined by Tara on one side and Willow on the other. Xander would draw strength from the two wiccans to replenish his own so that he could cast the spell without faltering.

“You guys ready?”

Willow and Tara nodded.

“We’re ready.”

“Hang on to your hats then.”

Xander closed his eyes, took a deep, calming breath and began to chant. It felt like he was on one of those gravity-inducing rides at the yearly carnival. His body felt unusually heavy and he had trouble forcing his lungs to work, but he pushed on. He could feel Willow and Tara’s strength seeping into him and he was glad that he hadn’t tried this on his own without them. After several minutes of chanting, he could barely stay on his feet; Willow squeezed his hand, letting him know that she was still there, and that he could draw more strength from her if necessary. He did so, and felt instantly better.

There was a soft gasping sound and Xander opened his eyes to see that the dust had begun to move. It filled out and slowly took on a distinctively humanoid form. Willow and Tara watched with him as it became clearer and clearer. Bone formed and then muscle covered the skeleton. Eyes filled previously empty sockets and skin started to grow.

Throughout the entire thing, Xander never faltered in his chant. His voice was a steady accompaniment to the miracle they were witnessing. Hair and nails completed the picture, and Xander watched as stunning blue eyes flew open and locked on his. The chant stopped. He held his breath. The girls blushed at the picture of a naked Spike sitting up in the circle. Xander dropped both their hands and stepped forward. He stopped at the edge of the circle and waited.

“Xander?”

“Spike.”

Xander smiled and broke the circle before grabbing the naked vampire and pulling him into his arms. He held him tightly and then as two strong, pale arm came around him in return, he wept.

“Shh, love, it’s alright. I’m here now, and I’ll never leave you again.”

Willow and Tara smiled at the dark-haired version of Spike and then gathered their things. Willow quietly got Spike’s attention and motioned that she would call Xander later. Spike nodded once to let her know he would pass it along and then turned his attention back to his mate. He lifted Xander’s chin and placed a soft, reverent kiss on his mouth as he heard the apartment door closing behind the two witches.

“Thank you, love.”

Xander just shook his head and hugged him again; he was too overwhelmed to form words. Spike lifted him into his arms and carried him to the bed. He undressed him slowly and then crawled in beside him.

“You’re exhausted, love. Sleep. I’ll still be here when you wake up.”

Xander nodded his head, wrapped his tired body around his mate and drifted off to sleep. Spike smiled and held Xander close. He wasn’t tired, but he couldn’t think of any other place he’d rather be than right where he was. In bed, surrounded by his mate.

“I love you, Xander.”

He whispered to him softly and pressed a kiss to his temple.

“And when you wake up, I’m going to show you just how much.”




Part 46

While Xander slept, Spike took the time to go over his options. He knew that he would have to learn to share Xander with his double, that he owed the other vampire a debt of gratitude for keeping Xander sane and making him feel loved and wanted while he was unable to do it himself. He also knew that he wouldn’t get rid of the other one easily, either. Xander loved him, and Xander was very protective of the ones he loved. He had a necklace of soldier teeth to prove it.

Thinking of that made him wonder where those teeth were; he gently disentangled himself from his mate and went to the closet. He searched through his duster pockets, finding first his ring and slipping it onto his finger. He found his smokes, his lighter, some change and a rumpled bandanna - but no necklace.

“Hmm, wonder where the bloody thing is?”

Quietly, so as not to wake Xander, Spike began rifling through the contents of the nightstand. He grinned lasciviously as he found the cuffs and flogger. He remembered well the night he had used them on his lovely boy. He grew hard just thinking about it.

Spike set the leather items on the bed and continued his hunt. He looked under his journal, snorting at the fact that his double had read it and knew what a ponce he was. It was one thing for his mate to know; his double was an entirely different matter. Of course, it had led to him taking care of Xander, so it was forgivable, after all. Anything that helped Xander was forgivable as far as he was concerned.

“Ah hah!”

In the back corner of the drawer, Spike found his chain. He put it on, feeling the cool enamel against his skin and smiled. He remembered the night Xander had given it to him, how nervous he had been. He chuckled and looked at his sleeping lover. Xander was such a contradiction - he was so gentle and loving and kind, but he could be the meanest, most vindictive, cruel bastard, that he had ever met if his loved ones were harmed or threatened.

Watching Xander these past weeks, seeing him interact with his friends, he began to understand what Xander meant when he said that these people were not like the ones from his reality. They really weren’t. The stood by each other through thick and thin; they were family. And now, he would be a part of that, if he accepted them.

Spike sat on the end of the bed and just looked at Xander. He looked worn, like he hadn’t slept in ages, but he looked happy too. Like, despite everything that was happening, all was finally right with his world. Maybe it was.

Several minutes passed while Spike lost himself in just watching Xander sleep. Eventually he snapped himself out of his daydreaming and snagged his journal out of the drawer and opened it to the back of the book. He found a blank page and began to write.

Xander woke to the soft sounds of pen scratching paper. He opened his eyes and took in the sight of his lover’s dark head bowed over his journal. He smiled. This was a sight he had thought he might never see again, and he was reluctant to move lest he break the moment. But he wanted to touch Spike. To hold him in his arms, kiss him breathless, make love with him. He had to move, had to touch, had to prove to himself that this was real, that Spike was real and whole, and back with him.

“Spike.”

It was whispered, but it made the vampire look up and smile. The book was forgotten; the pen fell to the floor and Spike found himself with a lap full of happy, grinning Xander before his mouth was covered by soft, warm lips. He lost himself to the kiss, the feel so much better than all those nights when he visited his boy in his dreams. Dreams could never compete with the reality that was Xander. Spike reluctantly tore his mouth away from that of his mate to allow him to draw air into his lungs. Xander panted harshly as Spike turned his attention to the smooth column of his lover’s throat instead, nipping, kissing and sucking on the warm skin. Tasting his mate’s unique flavor.

“Missed you, Spike. God, missed you so much.”

Xander lifted the vampire’s face from his neck and kissed him again. The kiss was full of love, caring, tenderness, all the pent up emotion of months of loss. Spike held his mate tightly to himself, sinking his hands into his hair and deepening the kiss. He had wanted to play with Xander, get up to no good with the cuffs and the flogger, but that was going to have to wait. He needed to be inside his lover, and he needed to be there now.

Xander blinked in shock as he suddenly found himself flat on his back and naked. He smiled widely as Spike pulled the drawer out of the nightstand in his haste to get the lube. His smile was quickly replaced by a look of pleasure as slick fingers found and entered his tight little pucker.

“Need you love, need to be in you.”

“Yes! Please Spike, oh please.”

Spike withdrew his fingers and lined himself up. He pushed forward and stopped at the slight gasp of pain from his mate.

“You okay, Xan? Did I hurt you?”

“No. Fine. Don’t stop. Please don’t stop.”

Spike leaned down and took Xander’s mouth in a fierce possessive kiss as he plunged the rest of his cock deep into his mate. Xander arched and howled into his lover’s mouth. Spike didn’t stop; he couldn’t stop. The feel of Xander, hot and tight around him, made him growl and he felt his face shift.

Xander watched as his lover’s face shifted and moaned in anticipation. He turned his head, baring his throat to his mate and pulled his head down and into the crook of his neck.

“Please, oh please, Spike. Bite me, claim me, make me yours again.”

Spike growled and bit hard. Xander came screaming Spike’s name and the vampire followed right behind him, not retracting his fangs until the last tremors of his orgasm subsided. He licked over his mark, closing the wound and began a deep rumbling purr. Xander ran his hands up and down the vampire’s back and kissed him softly on the temple. Spike lifted his head and looked into his mate’s deep brown eyes.

“Mine.”

“Yours.”

“Forever.”

“And always.”

“Love you, Xander.”

“Love you too.”

Spike slipped out of Xander’s body and rolled them so they were on their sides, face to face. He kissed his forehead, his eyelids, the tip of his nose, and finally his mouth. Xander smiled at him and repeated the gesture.

“I’m glad you’re back, Spike.”

“I’m glad to be back, love. Thank you.”

There were no more words after that. Only the soft sounds of two people making love for hours on end.




Part 47

“Still don’t see why we couldn’t just stay home and shag each other senseless.”

“Apocalypse, Spike. We’re facing an apocalypse; I need to check in.”

“That’s what the phone is for. You don’t have to get dressed and out of bed to use the damn phone.”

Xander smiled at the vampire’s grumbling. He had missed this; the other Spike didn’t snark so much anymore.

“We’ll go in, find out what’s been going on and then if I’m not needed…”

“You’re always needed, love. I need you.”

“Thank you. But as I was saying, if I’m not needed here, we’ll leave. I seem to recall promising you a day at the beach, after all.”

Spike leered at his mate and kissed him soundly. Xander opened his car door and stepped out into the street. Spike followed suit. They made their way up to the front door of the Summers? house and Spike held Xander back for a minute. He cocked his head, frowned and then pushed the door open slightly so that Xander could hear what was being said on the other side.

“…still able to make me see cartoon birdies all around my head? You betcha. The short lack of consciousness was nice. I feel rested. So…how did those police files work out? Were they helpful?

“Uh…uh… yes. Very much so, I think. Um… there’s evidence that Caleb may have established a foothold up north.

“That’s great. That’s…”

“I, um… I sent Spike to look into it.”

“Spike? Is this a mission from which you intend Spike to return alive?”

“Yes. I sent Andrew with him.”

“Again I ask the question.”

“Buffy, you weren’t here. Decisions have to be made in your absence.”

“Yeah, well, those are the ones that have been scaring me.”

“I did what I thought was right.”

“You sent away the one person that’s been watching my back - again.”

“We’re all watching your back.”

“Funny… that’s not really what it feels like.”

“Buffy…”

Whatever Giles had been about to say dried up in his throat as Xander - followed by Spike - strode into the room. He looked from Buffy to Giles and then back again.

“I have questions. I want answers, and I want them now.”

Buffy looked guiltily at the floor and Giles swallowed down his rising panic. He had known that this might happen, and after careful consideration, he realized that trying to kill Spike had been a foolish idea. The vampire was no longer any threat to his slayer, and Xander was powerful enough to hold his own. He should have never listened to Robin Wood.

“Very well, Xander. What would you like to know?”

“First off, what did Buffy mean when she asked if you intended Spike to return from this mission?”

Giles looked Xander in the eye and told him.

“I was an accessory to Robin’s attack on Spike. I kept Buffy otherwise occupied, whilst they fought.”

“I see. And this time? Is this a set-up?”

“No. This is a genuine fact-finding mission. I - I can show you the proof if you like.”

“We’ll get to that; why Andrew? Why send him along?”

“Truthfully? The boy was getting on my nerves; I saw an opportunity to get him out of the house for a couple days.”

“You don’t think Spike’ll kill him and give you an excuse to have him put down?”

Giles’ eyes bugged out and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Good Lord. I never even thought about that. I do hope Spike has more patience than I. If the situation were reversed, I’m not entirely confident that I wouldn’t ring the little prick’s neck.”

Xander chuckled and shook his head.

“We have a problem here, G-man.”

“Yes, I do realize that, Xander. And please refrain from calling me that insipid name.”

Giles sighed and wished for his glasses. He needed something to busy his hands with.

“You must realize my position, Xander. My slayer was deferring to a vampire. Granted, it’s not the first time such a thing has occurred, but this time, I didn’t trust her motivations. She has a blind spot where Spike is concerned.”

“Hello? In the room here.”

Xander and Giles ignored Buffy’s outburst and continued to glare at one another.

“Spike is with me, Giles. Not Buffy. You needn’t concern yourself about that.”

“But she loves him!”

“She loves all of us. What’s your point?”

“She couldn’t be trusted to make important decisions where he was concerned.”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

“And I’m still standing right here. Think you two could talk to me and not about me?”

Spike snickered and shook his head. This was quite entertaining, almost worth getting out of bed for.

“You do realize what I am, don’t you? What I’m capable of?”

“Yes, Xander, I’m quite aware of your abilities.”

“Then you know that I’m not joking when I tell you that if you threaten my mate again, no matter what your reasons for doing so, I will stop you. However I see fit.”

“Are you threatening me, Xander?”

“No. No, Giles, I’m not. I’m just making sure you are aware of the consequences of your actions.”

By this time Buffy had given up with a snort of disgust and stomped into the kitchen. Spike followed after her and perched on one of the breakfast barstools.

“Not nice being ignored, is it?”

Spike spoke softly, but Buffy heard him anyway.

“Not particularly, no.”

She studied the vampire carefully, taking in the dark hair and shook her head.

“It’s … weird. You look like Spike, but I can tell you aren’t him.”

“Oi! M’so Spike. Just not the one that’s native to this reality. Make no mistake, slayer, I am Spike.”

“Sorry, not what I meant. I just meant that, I thought it would be hard to tell you two apart, but it isn’t.”

“Well, only cause of my poncy hair. But I plan on fixing that right soon.”

Buffy smiled.

“It’s not just the hair. Although, it is a different look for you. I can see it in your eyes; there’s something different in them. It’s hard to explain.”

“Could be the lack of soul, I suppose.”

“Maybe. So, you and Xander have plans today?”

Spike smiled as he thought of his plans for Xander. Sunny beach, warm water, no swimsuits. His thoughts must have been easy to read, for Buffy giggled and shook her head.

“Please don’t tell me. I don’t think I’m old enough to hear it.”

Spike tried for an innocent expression, but failed miserably.

“What? We’re jus’ going to the beach is all.”

“Mmm hmm. And likely have sex on the sand, in the water and again in the car before going home, right?”

“Well, yeah. If I get my way.”

“And you usually do, right?”

Spike grinned and waggled his eyebrows. This all seemed far too easy; here he was, sitting in the slayer’s kitchen, talking with the chosen one herself as if they were old mates.

“What are you really thinking, slayer? It can’t be this simple. I’m a demon, without a soul, and I’m shagging yer best friend. You can’t tell me you don’t have a problem with this.”

Buffy let out a sigh and rolled her head on her neck. She grimaced as the bones cracked.

“It wasn’t. Not at first. But I’ve had time to get used to it, and Xander is far from helpless. I know that you wouldn’t hurt him, and even if you did he could defend himself. But the reason I got over it is because I know Spike. If you are half the man he is, then I know you would never do anything to hurt Xander - ’cause he loves you too. That’s good enough for me. And right now, I have more pressing issues to deal with.”

“That preacher fellow?”

“Yeah, for a start. Him and his boss. We could use another fighter.”

“I’m in.”

“Good.”

Xander strolled into the kitchen and stood behind Spike’s stool. He leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.

“Nothing doing here right now. You wanna take off?”

“Sounds good, love.”

Spike stood, nodded to Buffy and followed Xander out of the kitchen. He snorted at the watcher on the way out the door and followed his lover to the car.

“Gonna let me shag you senseless on the sand, pet?”

Xander smirked and unlocked the doors.

“Nope.”

“Why not?”

“Two words - gritty lube.”

Realization crossed the vampire’s features and he rolled his eyes.

“Fine. But I am gonna shag you in the water.”




Part 48

Xander hung up the phone and turned to his mate.

“Giles says that Spike came back about an hour ago. It seems there was some sort of disagreement among Buffy and the others while we were at the beach. Long story short, Buffy is gone and Faith is in charge.”

“Ouch. Bet that went over really well with Buffy.”

“Yeah. Apparently Spike didn’t take it too well either; he and Faith came to blows over it. Giles thinks Spike’s out looking for her.”

“You want to see if we can help?”

“No. I think Buffy is hurting right now, and she doesn’t like her friends to see her weak or in pain. Spike will find her, and he’ll help her. She trusts him; so do I.”

“If you’re sure; I mean, I don’t want to hold you back from helping your friends.”

“You’re not.”

Xander sighed, he had been having a wonderful day; he and Spike had spent hours at the beach, laying in the sun, holding hands, kissing, making love in the waves. The nice thing about Sunnydale being abandoned was that the beach was empty. Seeing a naked, hard, Spike in the sunlight was definitely a sight worth savoring. Then they had come home, and when Spike wasn’t there, Xander called Buffy’s house only to find out that everything had gone from bad to worse while he was off having fun with his lover. He felt horribly guilty.

Spike knew Xander well enough to know when his lovely boy was brooding. He put an arm around Xander’s waist and led him to the sofa. He sat and pulled Xander down beside him and pulled him close. After tucking his mate’s head under his chin he began to rub soothing circles on his back.

“This is not your fault, love. What could you have done to change anything?”

“I don’t know, but I should have been there, should have defended her.”

“And said what? Yes, Buffy, I believe going back into the bad man’s lair is a good idea. We didn’t lose nearly enough people last time?”

“Well, no…”

“Xander. She may be the slayer, and she may be your friend, but she’s still human, and as such she is capable of making mistakes. Don’t you think this might be one of them?”

“Maybe. But what if she’s right?”

“Then she’ll prove it. Come on love, let’s get you a cuppa hot chocolate and then into bed. You look exhausted.”

“I am.”

Xander yawned widely and Spike smiled and headed for the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway and turned around to look at his lovely mate. He was so damn happy to back in the real world with him, that even knowing that he had to share with the other Spike didn’t bring him down.

Xander felt like he must have drifted off, for what seemed like only seconds later, Spike was back, sitting beside him and holding a steaming mug of chocolate under his nose.

“Mmm, chocolate.”

“Yeah, love. And if you sit up and open those lovely eyes of yours, you can have it.”

Xander sat up, opened his eyes and reached for the cup. He sipped the hot beverage and sighed.

“This is good. It would be better in bed though.”

“Alright then, lets get you and your chocolate to bed then.”

Spike led a sleepy Xander into the bedroom and stripped him down before tucking him into bed. Xander didn’t even manage to finish his hot chocolate before drifting off to sleep.

Spike went back out to the living room and turned on the television. He wasn’t tired, and if he had stayed in the bedroom with Xander he would have ended up waking him; he couldn’t be around Xander without wanting to be inside him, and Xander needed his sleep. So while his mate slept in the next room, Spike flipped around the channels and finally gave up with a sigh. There was nothing on - literally. It seemed that since there was no one in Sunnydale anymore, there was no one running the cable station.

Spike went outside and lit a cigarette. It felt strange still, being there. He had grown accustomed to shifting from one place to another in a matter of days while he and Xander were together. Now though, they were finally at a standstill. This was where Xander belonged, where this reality’s Spike belonged. He snorted and shook his head. He was as bad as the other him; he just couldn’t help but feel concerned. Xander had been with his double for weeks now, they were mated, in love, and relatively happy considering the world was possibly coming to an end. Where did that leave him?

Yeah, he was there first, and he knew that Xander loved him. But he had seen everything that had happened, how his mate and the other Spike looked when they were locked together in passion, how Xander’s eyes smoldered just watching the other vampire walk toward him. Plus, that little speech The First made - about him just being a “used up replica of the demon Xander really wanted” had struck a nerve. It was the one thing that Spike had worried about when they were still shifting - what would happen when they got to Xander’s home dimension, whether or not Xander was interested in his world’s Spike. He wondered if things would have turned out this way if he hadn’t been dusted. If he had made it back here with Xander, would the other Spike even be here?

Of course, he knew he would, that Xander would never have left him in the school’s basement. But would he be sharing Xander’s bed? Xander’s body? No, probably not. There would have been no need for the other Spike to spill blood for Xander, no accidental suck and grope session in the loo. No claiming, and no mating. Xander would be his and his alone. Spike - the other Spike - would still be chasing the slayer’s skirts; maybe she might have even admitted she loved him by now.

Spike flicked the end of the cigarette away and came back inside. There was no point in dwelling on what might have been. The reality now was that he had to share his mate with his double. So he had better get used to it. It wasn’t like he hadn’t shared Xander with Angel, and with another version of himself before. The only difference was this time it was permanent.

Spike reached down between the sofa cushions and pulled out the book he knew his double had stashed there. With nothing else to do, he figured he might as well read for awhile. With any luck, his souled doppelganger would return before Xander woke and they would have some time to figure out how this was going to work.




Part 49

Spike had drifted off on the couch with the book hanging limply in his hand. The ringing of the telephone startled him awake. He grabbed up the receiver before it could wake Xander and snarled into the phone.

“What!?”

There was silence on the other end of the line and then finally a quiet voice, one that Spike recognized as the slayer’s sister spoke.

“Spike?”

“Yeah, what do you want?”

“Did you… did you find Buffy?”

“Not that Spike.”

“Oh. Oh! I forgot, sorry. Is Xander there? I, I need to talk to him.”

“He’s sleeping. Can this wait?”

“N-no, not really. We, we found Halfrek. She’s been … changed.”

“Good. Why does this concern Xan?”

“She’s a Bringer.”

“Yeah, and?”

“And Giles wants to question her - find out what, if anything she knows about Caleb and The First. He thinks Xander might be able to do a spell as she can’t talk - her tongue has been ripped out.”

Spike blinked. Well, this was unexpected.

“Right. I’ll wake him; we’ll be there in a bit.”

Spike hung up the phone and shook his head. Served the bitch right, after everything she had put his Xan-pet through, she deserved her fate. Hells, she deserved a hell of a lot worse. Being human and then made a mindless servant for evil was nothing compared to what he would have done to her.

Spike was not looking forward to having to wake Xander. He looked so peaceful lying there on the soft blue sheets. Nevertheless, he knew the young man would be angry if he didn’t wake him. His friends needed him and Xander needed to help his friends. Spike sat on the edge of the bed and kissed Xander’s slack mouth.

“Xander. Xan, love. Wake up.”

Xander stirred and then opened one sleepy brown eye.

“Spike?”

“Yeah, love. Slayer’s sis just called. Seems they need you to do a little mojo for them. They have a Bringer in custody and want to question it.”

“K, why me though?”

“Her tongue’s been torn out; they need some kind of mind link or something.”

Xander snorted.

“What do they think I am? A Vulcan? Geez.”

Spike chuckled.

“Something like that. I’m guessin’ you should take a gander in that book o’ yours. Might have just the thing you need.”

“Oh yeah, good idea.”

Xander climbed out of bed and retrieved his book. He flipped idly through the pages until he came to a stop on the one page so far that actually had words on it.

“I’m never going to get used to this.”

“What’s that, love?”

“This … words-appearing-before-my-eyes stuff. It’s creepy.”

“Yeah, well you won’t get an argument from me. All mojo is creepy as far as I’m concerned.”

“Even when it brings you back to me?”

“Never said I wasn’t grateful for it, just that it’s creepy. Is that the spell you need?”

“Yeah, but I’m gonna need someone to act as a voice for the Bringer. Talk about creepy.”

Xander shuddered and closed the book. He handed it to Spike and picked up his clothes off the floor. He got dressed and then took the book back from his mate before tilting his head in question.

“No word from Spike yet?”

“No. Dawn thought I was him, asked if I’d found her sis.”

“Hmm, well, if he hasn’t shown up by the time we’re done with the Bringer, we’ll go look for them.”

“Xander?”

“Yeah?”

“The Bringer, it’s… it’s Halfrek.”

Xander’s eyes bugged out in shock and then he shook his head sadly.

“A fitting end, I suppose. Come on, let’s get this over with.”

It didn’t take long to drive to the Summers’ house. The streets of Sunnydale were deserted so there was no point in stopping for red lights or stop signs.

They walked into slayer central and took a good look around. The place seemed somewhat different, as if by Buffy’s leaving, the whole feel of the place had changed. Xander shook himself out of his thoughts and headed to the basement. He nodded to the young girl - Vi, he thought her name was - who had told him where the others were waiting for him.

He wasn’t quite prepared for the sight of Halfrek chained to the wall and sitting on Spike’s old cot. He felt the calming presence of his mate’s hand on his shoulder and closed his eyes for a brief moment. When he opened them again, he was under control.

“Alright, let’s do this.”

Spike watched the others as Xander performed the spell. He didn’t know a whole lot about this group, but he knew what they meant to Xander. The witch, Willow, was paying special attention to the spell; her lover was paying attention to her. The watcher and the dark-haired slayer were keeping an eye on the bound Bringer, and Andrew was sitting a ways back in the corner, looking like he didn’t want be there - which was probably true as Xander had designated him to be the voice for Halfrek.

“It’s done.”

Xander’s quiet statement brought them all back into focus. Giles turned his attention to Halfrek.

“Speak to us.”

“I am a drone in the mind that is evil.”

Andrew spoke.

“I say I’m part of the great darkness. I’m only a fragment of the we. We work as one to serve the First.”

Giles interrupted with a question.

“Okay, what do you - the we - do for the First?”

“We work to prepare for the inevitable battle.”

Kennedy grabbed a knife and put it to Halfrek’s throat.

“How? Tell me exactly what the Bringers are doing.”

Giles sighed.

“Kennedy, she can’t see the knife.”

“We can feel the knife.”

Andrew answered.

“We attend to the needs of the infinite evil. We exterminate girls and destroy the legacy of the slayer. We build an arsenal beneath the dirt. We obey the commands of our teacher, Caleb.”

Giles took the knife from Kennedy, and Spike spoke up for the first time.

“Hang on, go back to that dirt thing.”

“We build weapons to prepare for the coming war… at the farthest edge of town. We are everywhere. We are like the ocean’s waves. We watch your efforts and are not scared. We will laugh at you as you die.”

Giles, having heard enough, took the knife and slit Hallie’s throat. Andrew jumped up from his chair holding his neck.

“What the bananas?! You are so lucky that you did not just… magically decapitate me.”

Giles put the knife down and addressed the group.

“We have what we needed. Gather maps, we need to find a subterranean space large enough to house an armory.”

Everyone began to file out of the room and Andrew - who was still rubbing his neck muttered softly,

“I feel used and violated, and… I need a lozenge.”

Xander shook his head a little sadly at what he had to put Andrew through and then smiled as Spike stepped up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“You alright then, love?”

Spike kissed Xander’s neck.

“Yeah. I am now.”




Part 50

They were alone in the basement. Just the two of them and the dead Bringer - Hallie. Xander didn’t want to think about that right now, though; he refused to feel guilt over her death. He had, most likely, saved thousands of people from experiencing worse things than death by making her human. Besides, she knew what it was like in Sunnydale at night - she was a demon, for Christ’s sake; she should have run like hell.

Spike’s hands began to wander on Xander’s body, effectively distracting him from thoughts about Bringers, The First Evil, and ex-vengeance demons. He turned in his lover’s arms and kissed him.

Who knows how long the kiss would have continued if Anya hadn’t picked that particular time to show up and interrupt them.

“Excuse me. If the two of you could stop sucking face for a moment, I’d like to talk to Xander.”

Spike growled, vamped out and pulled Xander behind him. Anya rolled her eyes and took a step closer to the snarling vampire.

“Relax. I’m not here to cause trouble. I just want to talk to my ex-fiancée, and then I’ll be leaving.”

Xander squeezed Spike’s shoulder, kissed his neck and stepped out from behind him. He looked at Anya and smiled somewhat sadly at her.

“For what it’s worth, I’m sorry about what happened to Halfrek.”

“Don’t be. It was her own fault. After you guys all left, she went inside and looked for Caleb. She thought he would help her; he did this to her. Some help.”

Xander blinked in shock. He hadn’t expected that.

“She said she wanted to help him get the slayer and her group, especially you. She said she didn’t want to be human, and would he be able to change her. He did. Just not the way she wanted. You know, that guy has serious issues where women are concerned? Too bad I can’t find any of his victims; I’d love to wreak a little vengeance on his ass!”

“I’ll bet. So, um, if you aren’t angry with me, why are you here?”

“I came for Hallie. She was my best friend for a very long time and I can’t just leave her like this. Also, I knew you would be blaming yourself and I didn’t want that. So don’t. Okay?”

Xander nodded and then frowned as Anya sighed.

“What’s wrong, An?”

“I can hear them. Upstairs, all of them; Willow and Tara, Faith and the principal, Kennedy and one of the other girls, all of them, making love. I miss that. It was the nicest thing about being human. You made that nice for me.”

“Wha… you can’t have sex now that you’re a demon again?”

“I exact revenge on men, Xander. Who in their right mind would sleep with me, knowing what I am? They’d all be too scared of what I might do to them if they were lousy.”

“Oh. I never thought about that.”

Spike didn’t like the way she was looking at Xander, it was one thing to share with the other Spike, but he was not going to share with Xander’s demon ex-fiancée.

“I think it’s time to go home, pet. This is hardly the place for the things I want to do to you.”

Xander swallowed as his pants suddenly got tighter. His eyes locked with Spike’s and he licked his lips. Anya sighed again.

“See, this is why it was never gonna work with us, Xander. You never looked at me like that. Spike did once, but it was only the once and he was drunk. Of course, so was I, and we did have some great sex, but that wouldn’t have worked out either.”

Spike spluttered.

“You shagged me - er the other me?”

“Yes. It was caught on camera and everything. Very embarrassing for both of us.”

Spike looked at Anya, then looked at Xander.

“Is there anyone who hasn’t slept with me?”

Xander laughed. Anya smiled and shook her head. Spike just rolled his eyes and headed for the stairs.

“Forget I asked that! I don’t think I want to know? Next thing I know you’ll tell me I shagged the watcher’s wrinkly arse. Or that idiot Andrew!”

Xander hugged Anya goodbye and headed after his mate. He stopped halfway up the stairs and watched as she gently lifted Halfrek’s body from the cot and disappeared. He heard Spike pacing in the kitchen and hurried to catch up to him.

Now that he was upstairs, he could hear what Anya was talking about. Then again, he was pretty sure everyone could hear Faith. That girl never was the shy, quiet type. Spike’s nostrils flared and his eyes flashed. He looked at Xander and leered.

“I don’t know if I can wait ’til we’re home, love. Might have to just take you right here and now, where anyone could come down and see. Think I could make you scream louder than the slayer up there? Make you shout my name, let them all hear it?”

Xander was slowly backing toward the door. As good as Spike’s words sounded, there was no way he was having sex in Buffy’s house, in the living room, where they would get caught. And possibly by Dawn.

“No way, not here. I’m all for public displays of affection, but we are not having sex in the same house as Dawn.”

“Then you better get us home right quick, love.”

Xander nodded and bolted for the car. He was in the car and had the engine running before Spike even opened his door. As soon as the passenger door closed, Xander squealed away from the house and sped all the way back to his apartment building. As soon as they were out of the car, Spike scooped Xander into his arms and ran all the way up to their door. The two men fell through the doorway kissing and laughing.

“You are an evil, evil vampire.”

“Why thank you, love. But what for?”

“Making me consider having sex in Buffy’s living room.”

“Oh, well, how about our living room?”

“Yeah, that can be arranged, though the bedroom is just down the hall.”

“Hmm, true. But I wouldn’t want to get boring, you know?”

“Ah, but the lube is in the bedroom.”

“Right then, bedroom it is.”

Spike practically dragged Xander to the bedroom and began removing both their clothes. Once they were naked he gave his mate a gentle push onto the bed and then pounced on him.

“I want you inside me tonight, Xan; I need to feel you.”

“Yeah, I want that too. Need to be in you, Spike. Been way too long.”

Both men were too far gone to draw it out. Xander retrieved the lube as Spike rolled onto his back and hooked his arms under his knees, spreading himself open to Xander’s hungry gaze.

“Fuck, Spike. I could cum just looking at you like that.”

“You bloody well better not, love. Told you, I want you in me tonight.”

Xander shook his head to clear some of the thick haze of lust away and then flipped open the bottle of lube. He poured some into his hand, slicked his fingers and then introduced them one at a time into his mate’s waiting entrance.

By the time he had worked three fingers into Spike’s hole, the vampire was moaning and thrashing on the bed, begging to be taken. Xander poured more lube into his hand, coated himself with a shaky hand and then lined himself up. With one slow, smooth stroke, he buried himself inside his mate and then froze.

“Xander, move!”

“Can’t. Hang on, if I move it’ll be over.”

Spike chuckled and clenched down on Xander’s shaft. Xander’s eyes rolled back and he bit his lip.

“Spiiiike. Don’t do that.”

“Then fuck me already, Xander. I need you to move.”

Xander nodded his head and took a deep breath. He slowly pulled out before pushing back in. Spike wrapped his legs around Xander’s waist and pulled his face down for a kiss.

Xander sped up his movements and reached between their bodies to stroke Spike’s erection. The vampire bucked up into the new sensation and then bared his throat to his human mate. Xander didn’t hesitate; he sunk his blunt teeth into the pale flesh of Spike’s neck and drew on the wound. Spike howled and came, his cool seed coating both their bellies. Xander withdrew his teeth, thrust one last time and flooded Spike’s body with warm liquid.

Panting, Xander fell onto Spike’s chest and licked over the still-seeping punctures. Spike held Xander tight and purred his contentment. They would have to get up in a few hours and go look for the missing Spike if he hadn’t shown up by then, but for now, Spike was happy to fall asleep with his mate in his arms and still inside him.




On to “Quantum Xander 2”, Parts 51 - 60



Feedback

Back to “Quantum Xander 2”

Back to “Quantum Xander 1”

Back to the “Quantum Xander” Page

Back to Jameschick’s Page

Back to BTVS/AtS FanFic

Back to Adult FanFic

Home