Quantum Xander 2
In the Wake of the Curse

Parts 51 - 60



Part 51 Part 52 Part 53 Part 54 Part 55 Part 56

Part 57 Part 58 Part 59 Part 60 Bottom



Part 51

It was daylight when Xander awoke. He groaned and then rolled off of his mate, wincing as their glued-together bodies pulled apart. He saw the vampire’s eyes flutter open and then close again. He smiled and climbed out of bed.

“Come on, Spike. I can’t believe we overslept! We have to get up and go find Spike and Buffy. Come on.”

Spike grumbled but nevertheless got out of bed and followed Xander into the bathroom. He started the shower while Xander relieved himself and brushed his teeth. By the time Xander got in, Spike had already washed his hair and was in the process of rinsing it. Xander took the opportunity to ogle.

Spike stepped out of the spray and picked up the bar of soap. He began to wash himself and noticed that Xander hadn’t yet made any move to even get wet.

“You plan on washing, love? Or does the idea of running around Sunnyhell smelling like spunk appeal to you?”

“Oh. Right.”

Xander shook his head and stepped under the spray. He didn’t dawdle; now that his mind was back on track, he was worried about his other mate. He hoped that nothing hellmouthy had happened to him.

Spike didn’t even try to molest the wet, soapy human as he watched him bathe, which for an evil creature such as himself was a testament to his self control. He handed Xander a towel and then began to dry himself as well. He knew that Xander was worried about the other Spike, so he decided to be less than evil and play nicely.

“Where should we start the search, pet?”

“Dunno. I think we should check in with the others first. See if they’ve heard anything.”

“Good idea. You call the slayer’s house and I’ll make coffee.”

Xander went to the living room and picked up the phone. He put it back down and cursed. Spike popped his head around the doorway.

“Problem, Xan?”

“Phone’s dead. Forget the coffee, let’s just go. Okay?”

“Sure thing, love.”

The two left the apartment and headed to the car. As they were driving toward Buffy’s place, Spike watched the tense set of his mate’s jaw. He frowned; Xander was obviously upset.

“What’s got your knickers in knots, love? Are you that worried about them?”

“Yes.”

“Why? Buffy is a slayer for Christ’s sake, and Spike… well, he’s me. And without a chip, I might add; nothing he can’t take care of.”

“It’s not that; okay, it is that, but it’s not just that. Spike, Buffy has been the strongest person I’ve ever known. For seven years she has kept me and everyone I love - mostly everyone - alive and sane. And they all just turned on her like that. I should have been there - regardless of not being able to change anything, I should have been there - at least to tell her that she still had me.”

Spike nodded; this made sense to him. Xander always took on too much and now was no exception. But still, there had to be more to it than just the slayer.

“What else? That’s not the only thing bothering you.”

“I fell asleep. I said I would - we would - go and look for them - for him - and instead we went home. We made love and we fell asleep. I should have made sure he was alright first.”

“Ah.”

Now it all made sense to the brunet vampire. Xander was feeling guilty for enjoying himself, for being with him instead of out looking for the other Spike.

“No, you don’t understand. He was afraid this would happen, that once you were back I would forget about him. I promised that it wouldn’t - that I wouldn’t do that to him. But I did; I fell asleep and God knows what might have happened to him.”

“I get that. Do you think I haven’t wondered the same thing? That you would choose him over me now that we’re all together? He has a soul, love. Something I don’t have - and don’t want either - but it’s something that makes him more acceptable. Your friends trust him; they don’t have a problem with the two of you being together. I have a chip, Xander, but Spike already proved that a chip isn’t enough to make us not behave like a demon. It seems that both of us have insecurities where you’re involved. Can you really love both of us? We aren’t the easiest vampires to get along with, you know.”

Xander snorted.

“I know that! But yes, I can and I do love both of you. I want both of you. I don’t know if that makes me perverted or greedy or what, but it’s the truth. I fell in love with you during the craziest time in my whole life. You made that whole thing bearable - enjoyable even. If I hadn’t found you, I don’t think I would have made it home; I don’t think I would have had the strength. And Spike? Shit, that wasn’t supposed to happen, but I’m glad it did. He’s a part of me now, and I wouldn’t give that up for anything. He needs me, and I need him. I need both of you.”

As Xander finished speaking they had arrived outside the Summers? house. He parked the car and turned off the engine. Spike leaned across the seat and gave Xander a gentle kiss.

“You have me, love. And I’m pretty damn sure you still have him as well. What say we go inside now? If no one knows anything, we’ll set out on foot. See if I can track him down.”

“Okay. Thanks, Spike.”

The two men exited the vehicle and went inside the house. The gang was all grouped in the front room going over strategy. It looked as though Faith was ready to lead the girls into battle.

“Xan, new Spike. Love the hair, by the way.”

Faith smirked at the brunet vamp who growled and flashed his eyes at her. Xander gave Faith a warning look and she returned it.

“What? I can’t make a crack about his look?”

“Not unless you’d like me to change yours, slayer.”

Spike may have agreed to help, might even want to, but he was not taking shit from a girl who under different circumstances would just be one more notch on his belt. In fact, the more she looked him over, the more he itched to make her number three.

“Ooo, tough words from the chipped vampire. Might I add that I kicked your double’s ass even without the chip? So you’ll excuse me if I don’t tremble in fear.”

Xander could see this was going to turn out all kinds of bad as Faith stepped up and got in Spike’s face.

“Or should I be worried that you’ll try to lick me to death? Seems you have a sweet spot for slayers going by how your blond half trails after B.”

“I have a sweet tooth for slayers. The only thing I want to sink into you is my fangs, luv.”

Faith’s eyes narrowed and she opened her mouth to reply, but Spike was quicker.

What’s the matter, pet? The principal not doing it for you? Not enough of a man to satisfy you? Tough shit, girlie. I wouldn’t shag you with Angelus’ dick. ’Course you’d probably like that, wouldn’t you? Always picking up Buffy’s leavings. First Angel, then her soldier boy, yeah I heard all about that one; now you want a piece of the Big Bad, eh?”

Spike licked his lips in a lascivious manner and cocked his head to the side. Everyone in the room moved as far back from the pair as possible - except for Xander, who stepped closer to his mate and tried to draw him back toward the door. He didn’t want them to trash Buffy’s house, and he was pretty sure Spike no longer had a chip, and this was not the time for him to discover that.

“Pretty full of yourself for a guy who’s taking it up the ass from Xander Harris, aren’t you? I mean, if you were all that, you could do way better. I’ve had him, and believe you me, he was nothing to write home about.”

Xander heard Willow mutter ‘Oh shit’ from the other side of the room just before Spike exploded. It was one thing to insult him, but no one insulted Xander.

Xander wasn’t sure who was more shocked when Spike’s fist connected with Faith’s jaw and he didn’t go down in blinding pain, the vampire or the slayer. All the same, the shock didn’t last long as they flew at each other with intent to kill.

“Xander! Do something!”

Willow again. Her voice broke through his stunned paralysis, and without thinking, he shot his arms out toward the two combatants and yelled.

“SEPARATE!”

Faith went one way and Spike the other. They soon realized that neither could move from where they were sprawled on the floor. Xander walked toward Faith and crouched down in front of her.

“I realize that you are under a lot of stress right now, and that it’s not easy filling Buffy’s shoes. For that reason, and the fact that we need you in this fight, I won’t let Spike make you his third slayer. But if you start it again, I won’t stop him next time.”

Spike snickered from his spot on the floor. Xander turned his glare on him and strode across the room. He looked down at the vampire and shook his head.

“You don’t get off that easy, mister. We came here for Spike, not for you to make Faith your chew toy. Yeah, she’s an obnoxious, arrogant pain in the ass, but you know better. This is not the time.”

Spike nodded his understanding.

“Sorry, love.”

“I know. And if it were any other time, I might have let you play with her a bit longer, but right now we need to find Spike and Buffy.”

He turned around so that Faith could see him.

“Now, are you going to behave or do I leave you down there on the floor for awhile?”

Faith set her jaw and nodded her assent.

“Good.”

Xander waved his hand toward her and then turned back to Spike and pulled him to his feet.

“Now, has anyone seen or heard from Buffy and Spike?”




Part 52

The search was a bust. They had tracked Buffy’s scent to a house a few blocks away but it was empty by the time they had gotten there. Xander was becoming increasingly worried, and even Spike was beginning to get concerned. He was still pumped up from fighting with Faith - the realization that he was no longer chipped was making him want to celebrate. And he could think of no better way to do that than to throw Xander down and shag him into the middle of next week. Of course he couldn’t do that until they found the missing blondes.

“Let’s try back at the house again. If she was here and left, it’s a good possibility that she went back there. If for no other reason, she’d want to check on her sis, right?”

“We don’t have any other ideas, so let’s try that one. But Spike? No fighting, okay? We’ll need every fighter we have if we’re going to beat The First.”

“I know, love. She just really pissed me off insulting you like that.”

“Don’t take it too seriously. She’s probably right. It was my first time and she basically just threw me down and climbed on board.”

“Oh.”

“What? Like you were some big stud your first time?”

Spike laughed.

“Hardly. I was sandwiched between two vampires, and one of them was draining the life out of me. Hardly my best performance.”

“Geez, and I thought my first time was traumatic.”

“Come on, pet, let’s go back and see if the peroxide twins have made an appearance.”

Xander smiled and slung his arm over Spike’s shoulder.

“You know, if you keep insulting Spike’s hair, I’m going to remind you of it once you’re all shiny and blond again.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way, love.”

The walk back to slayer central was made in silence. Xander had a niggling feeling that something was wrong. Terribly wrong. He just didn’t know what. By the time they reached Buffy’s house, Spike was starting to feel it too. They were met at the door by Robin Wood - who took one look at Spike at sneered.

“Oh, it’s just you.”

Xander rolled his eyes at the idiot.

“You know, for someone who was raised by a watcher, you don’t have much of a survival instinct do you? I mean, first you go and try to kill my blond mate, and then you go and insult my brunet one. Did you not see him kick your girl’s ass earlier? And if that doesn’t scare you and make you think twice, just think of what I could do to you. The only reason you are still in one human-shaped piece is because Spike figured he owed you for the trigger being disabled. That debt has been paid. Next slip up, you’re gone.”

Xander let his eyes go black to make sure the former principal got the message.

“Now, where is everyone?”

“They went after the weapons. If you had stuck around, you’d know that. They should be back anytime now.”

Xander rolled his eyes and looked at Spike.

“Survival instincts of a lemming. Did I not just warn him?”

“That you did, love. But give him a break; it’s not easy being left behind, knowing that your lover would rather put her trust in a bunch of children to watch her back.”

Robin scowled and walked away. Xander smiled at Spike and leaned in and kissed him.

“You’re evil, and I love you.”

“Glad to hear it, pet. What say we go take a look-see at what the girls are up to?”

“Good idea.”

Walking through the tunnels toward the location of Faith and the S.I.T.s, Xander started to get that uneasy feeling again. He looked over at Spike and saw that he too was frowning and looking around the tunnel.

“Something’s not right.”

“Bringers. I can smell them.”

“Let’s go.”

They took off running and as they got closer, they heard the sounds of battle. Spike shifted to game face and sprinted ahead; Xander followed him and hoped that they got there in time. The last Bringer fell by Spike’s hands just as Xander exited the tunnel into the small dug out room.

“Yo, Faith. Check this out.”

Kennedy was shining a light on a doorway in the corner. Faith went to investigate, followed by the rest of the girls. Xander and Spike took up the rear guard and made their way down as well. They watched as Faith broke the padlock off an old wooden box. Inside there was a detonator counting down.

“Everybody get down!”

The explosion rocked the cavern and Xander barely had enough time to throw up a shield. It wasn’t a very strong one but it did protect them from the worst of the damage.

“Is everyone okay?”

Various girls responded that they were, but so far no response from Faith. Seeing as she had been the closest to the explosion, Xander went toward the last place he had seen her and began to dig through the debris. He found her face down in a puddle of water.

“Well, this looks familiar.”

Xander quickly pulled her up and checked her vitals. Her pulse was steady and after coughing up some water, she was breathing all right, but she was unconscious.

“Alright. Everyone, clear out.”

The girls all did as Xander said, and Spike watched as Xander carried Faith toward the staircase. He shook his head, rolled his eyes and then reached out to stop him.

“I’ll take her, love. I’m stronger than you are.”

“You promise not to eat her? Um, I mean… ”

“I know what you mean, git. And yeah, I promise. Where’s the sport in killing an unconscious slayer?”

“Okay then.”

Spike took Faith from Xander’s arms and motioned for his mate to precede him up the stairs. They found Buffy waiting for them at the exit to the tunnel with the potentials all crowded around her.

“Buffy! Thank God!”

Xander grabbed her and crushed her to his chest.

“Are you okay? What happened? Where were you? Have you seen Spike? And oh yeah, what the hell is that in your hand?

“Fine. I was relieved of duty so I left. I spent the night in a house a few blocks away, and Spike was still there when I left this morning. He stayed with me. I - I asked him to. I’m sorry, Xander. I just didn’t want to be alone - I needed a friend. As for this…”

Buffy held up a nifty looking axe thing with a stake on the bottom.

“I got it from Caleb. I knew he was hiding something, and I was right.”

“I knew you would be; I’m sorry I wasn’t there to defend you.”

“I’m a big girl, Xander. I don’t need you to stick up for me, but thanks. You sure you’re okay about last night?”

“Yeah. I understand. I sort of figured that Spike was with you, that you’d need a friend. But uh, we tracked you to the house, and it was empty when we got there.”

“Oh. Maybe he went home?”

Just then one of the girls screamed as a Turok Han came charging toward them. Xander released Buffy, Spike handed Faith off to a couple of the potentials who were also less then battle ready and the rest of the girls formed a barricade in front of the two injured girls who were crouching protectively over Faith.

“There’s another one!”

One of the girls shouted, and sure enough there were now two of the Uber vamps making their way toward the group. Spike grinned wickedly; he was looking for a good fight, had been since Xander stopped him from pounding Faith earlier in the day.

“Xander, stay back. Let the slayer and me handle these two poofs.”

“Yeah, sure, you do that. But uh, there are now three of them to handle.”

“Right.”

Spike turned to Buffy and grinned.

“What do you say, luv, feel like working off a little tension?”

“Oh yeah.”

“Just remember, no staking the friendly vamp, right?”

“No problem there.”

Spike and Buffy made short work of the Uber vamps; that new axe of hers was the perfect weapon for defeating them. Spike had pouted after it was all done since he didn’t actually get to kill any of them, but he had had fun beating them up. When it was finished, Buffy looked behind her at the group of young girls, all standing ready to defend Faith and the two other slightly wounded girls, and felt pride in them. They had come a long way in a short time.

“Get the wounded. We’re leaving.”

Spike took Faith back from the potentials and walked to Xander. Kennedy looked around nervously and then turned to Buffy.

“Are there more?”

“There’re always more. Let’s move.”

In silence, they made their way back to Buffy’s house and through the front door. Robin was on his feet and heading for Spike as soon as he saw him with Faith in his arms. Buffy placed a hand on his chest and gave him a hard shove back into his chair.

“Spike, Xander. Take Faith up to my room and get her comfortable. Giles, I think Amanda might have a sprained elbow. Can you look at it? Rona, find Andrew; tell him I want to know everything he and Spike saw at that church.”

“I thought Spike would have told you?”

“He did. But I want to hear it from Andrew too; he might have seen something Spike missed.”

Rona shrugged her shoulders and went to find Andrew. Buffy headed for the stairs to check on Faith.

One of the girls who had not been in the raiding party spoke up. “Um, Buffy? What’s with that axe thing?”

“I took it from Caleb. It might be important.”

“Let’s hope so.”

Buffy nodded and went up the stairs. She found Spike and Xander in the hallway outside her bedroom door.

“How is she? Any change?”

“No, she’s still out of it.”

“Send Giles up when he finishes with Amanda.”

“Sure, uh, Buff? There was a bit of a… fight earlier.”

Buffy sighed.

“Who was fighting, and why?”

“Faith and Spike.”

Buffy laughed.

“She seems to have a thing for pissing off Spikes, doesn’t she. Apparently the other one went a couple rounds with her last night. What happened this time?”

Spike interrupted.

“She insulted Xander. Up until that point, I was just playing with her.”

“I see. And I assume since neither of you are dead, your chip went off and Xander stopped her?”

“Yer half right.”

Buffy looked at Xander for an explanation.

“Spike doesn’t have a chip, Buff. He came back without it. But yes, I did stop it, and it won’t happen again.”

“Fuck. I don’t need this shit right now. Look, Spike,”

Buffy turned to the dark-haired vampire.

“I’m going to trust you to keep your fangs in check. I need all the help I can get right now. Can I trust you?”

“Yes.”

“Good enough.”

Xander blinked in shock and Spike grinned.

“I can see why he fell for you, ducks. You’re alright for a slayer.”

“Gee, thanks, Spike. You’re alright too, for a bloodsucking demon.”

Buffy went into the room and Spike and Xander went back downstairs. Spike was feeling a little caged in what with all the humans in the house, so they went out on the front porch. Spike dropped onto the step and pulled out his cigarettes. He lit one and blew the smoke out through his nose.

“You want to go home? See if he’s there?”

“Yeah. Do you mind?”

“Not in the least. Let’s get out of here.”

Just as they were heading for the car, a familiar blond-haired figure came strolling up the street.




Part 53

“Spike! There you are!”

“Hey love, I went by the apartment but you weren’t there.”

“I was - we were - out looking for you, then there were explosions and Turok Hans, and Faith being unconscious and Buffy has a neat new weapon she stole from Caleb and we came back here, and we were just heading home to see if you were there and God I missed you!”

Xander trailed off as Spike’s arms came around him; the blond pressed a kiss to his lips to further silence him.

“I missed you too, love. Remind me to never go anywhere with that Andrew again, would you? He’s lucky I have a soul now, or I might have given in to temptation and had him for lunch. Bloody annoying, he is. Git never shuts up.”

“Mmm hmmm. Can we go home now? I’ve had enough excitement for one day.”

“You sure about that, love? I was kinda hoping to get you excited once we got home.”

Xander’s eyes glazed over and he jumped as the other Spike came up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist and licked the side of his neck.

“Now that sounds like a bloody brilliant plan to me. Always knew I was a smart bloke.”

Spike grinned cheekily at his double and then began to pull them both towards the car.

“Faster we get there, the faster we get you all excited, love.”

Xander didn’t need to be told twice. He dug his car keys out of his pocket and tossed them to the dark-haired Spike before being unceremoniously shoved into the backseat and then pounced on by the blond one. The brunet Spike chuckled and climbed in behind the wheel. As he pulled the car away from the curb, he turned to the occupants of the backseat and spoke to his double.

“Oi, don’t wear him out before we get home.”

The blond lifted his head from Xander’s neck where he had been sucking and nipping a path up to his ear and grinned at his dark-haired doppelganger.

“No worries, mate; was just getting him warmed up.”

Xander groaned and Spike went back to work teasing the skin of his mate’s throat before sucking his earlobe into his mouth. Spike reluctantly tore his eyes off the rather erotic sight in the backseat to pay attention to the road. The streets might well be deserted, but he could still run them into a pole if he wasn’t paying attention.

By the time they got home, the darker of the two Spikes was ready to shag Xander right there in the parking lot he was so turned on by the little show in the backseat.

“Inside. Now.”

Spike opened the door to the building and the other two raced inside. Xander broke away from the blond Spike and sprinted up the stairs to his apartment. The two Spikes looked at each other, shifted into their demon forms and grinned.

“Nothing like a good chase to get you in the mood.”

The other Spike nodded and they proceeded to hunt down their prey. It wasn’t much of a hunt, as they found Xander in the bedroom, naked and sprawled out on top of the sheets. In tandem, both Spikes discarded their clothes and pounced on either side of him. The brunet vampire - who just happened to be on the side closest to the nightstand - grabbed the leather wrist cuffs and waggled his eyebrows at the blond. Blond Spike smirked and proceeded to distract Xander long enough for his double to get the cuffs on his wrists and secure him to the bed.

Xander quickly realized his situation and swallowed hard. He looked from one Spike to the other, taking in their matching leers.

“Ho, boy.”

Blond Spike licked his lips and looked at his lovely mate laid out naked, hard, and restrained to the bed. He turned to the other vampire with a smirk and a raised brow.

“Now, I seem to recall there being other toys in that drawer. Think we might find a use for them as well?”

“I said it once, and I’ll say it again, I always knew I was a smart bloke.”

Spike reached back into the drawer and pulled out the flogger, the anal beads and a tube of lube. He tossed the lube and the beads to Spike and then ran the soft leather tongs of the flogger through his fingers.

“Mmm, all that lovely skin, and me with no chip. Whatever shall I do?”

Xander might have panicked if he didn’t trust Spike implicitly. But since he did, he merely groaned as his cock twitched, and then arched off the bed as the blond between his legs inserted a slippery finger into his ass. He looked once again to his dark-haired mate and smiled nervously.

“Won’t hurt you much, love; and I promise you, it will hurt so good.”

Xander just nodded his head and then his attention was drawn back to the other Spike who had begun slowly inserting the beads inside him, one at a time.

“Oh, fuck.”

Xander let his eyes close and his head fall back to the pillow.

“That’s what those are for?”

Both vampires chuckled at the innocence of their mate.

“What did you think they were, pet?” blond Spike asked.

“Wasn’t sure. Never seen them before.”

“Never had a chance to show him before the accident,” the brunet replied.

“We’ll make up for that now. Just relax, Xan. We’ll take good care of you.”

While Xander was distracted by the sensation of the beads being fed into his ass, Spike attached the cock ring and then stood back to look at his work. He wished for a minute that he had grabbed a set of nipple clamps while they were in the sex-shop, but figured he’d purchase some at another time.

Xander’s eyes flew open as the leather connected with his thigh. It hurt, but it was only a small sting. Spike moved around the other side of the bed and struck the other leg in the same spot. Xander watched as his mate looked him over, deciding where to strike next. He tensed his stomach muscles as the flogger made contact and then moaned out loud as the blond Spike chose that moment to pull the first bead from his ass.

“Christ!”

The sensual torture continued for some time; the vampires switched places and Xander learned about the sweet sensation that was pleasure/pain. Finally, The brunet Spike crouched between Xander’s spread thighs; lubed cock in hand and slowly entered him. Blond Spike straddled him and when Xander had expected to be presented with his cock to suck, he was instead given a sweet, slow kiss and then Spike turned around - facing the other Spike and impaled himself on Xander’s aching shaft.

At that moment, Xander was extremely grateful for the cock ring. The feel of having both his mates at once was beyond anything he could have imagined. Blond Spike rolled his hips and at Xander’s groan, looked over his shoulder and winked at him before turning back and kissing brunet Spike.

Xander watched in shock and lust as his mates kissed each other passionately. Then they both began to move at once and Xander’s eyes rolled back in his head. Not for long though, ’cause the sight of his mates hungrily kissing one another while they fucked him was too hot to not watch. He wished he wasn’t still cuffed to the headboard; he was desperate to touch them.

The vampires moved in tandem, never faltering as they increased their pace. Xander spared a moment to marvel over the wonders of demonic strength and flexibility - knowing that he would never be able to pull off the position Blond Spike was in - before he lost all ability to think as the catch on the cock ring was released and he was screaming his completion.

Both Spikes were lost in their own pleasure, bloodied lips smashed together as they came in unison. Blond Spike toppled off to one side of Xander and the darker of the two lay down on the opposite side. They each reached a hand up to undo one wrist cuff before flinging arms and legs over their mate and purring happily as they drifted off to sleep.

Xander looked down at his sleeping vampires and smiled. This had gone a lot better than he had expected, but he knew better than to think it was going to be this easy all the time. Sooner or later, one of them was going to snap.




Part 54

He was awakened by the sound of the telephone ringing. He crawled over the form of his dark-haired mate and headed for the living room to answer it. He stopped briefly in the doorway and smiled at how the vampires had curled into one another in his absence. He shook off the look of fondness, and suppressed the urge to “Awwww” and went to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Xander, it’s me, Buffy.”

“Hey Buff, what’s the up?”

“Uh, I need you to do something for me. Something important.”

“Anything, Buffy. You know that.”

“Can you come here? This isn’t an over the phone kinda favor.”

“Sure. Should I bring the Spikes? Or let the sleeping dead lie?”

Buffy giggled.

“Totally up to you, but if you do bring them, try to keep the hands-in-naughty-places to a minimum, okay?”

“Ah, not sure what to tell you there, but I’ll do my best.”

“All I can ask, Xan. Thank you.”

“No prob. I’ll be there in a few, with or without company - I don’t know yet.”

“Okay; bye, Xan.”

“Bye, Buff.”

Xander hung up the phone and then blinked in confusion. Hadn’t the phone been dead the last time he’d checked? He shrugged his shoulders and headed back to his room. He smiled at the sight of his lovers - naked and intertwined on the bed. He wondered how long the peaceful feeling in his body would last.

Blond Spike opened sleepy blue eyes and then sat up in alarm.

“OI! Ya bloody pervert! Get off er me.”

Xander sighed. Apparently the feeling would only last until they woke up. Brunet Spike scowled at his twin and then crossed his arms.

“You weren’t calling me that when you were snoggin’ me earlier. Poof.”

“Oh, you bloody bastard!”

“Souled up wanker!”

“Poncy haired git!”

“Slayer-shagger!”

Xander saw that this was going to go very badly and decided to step in before anyone said anything that couldn’t be taken back.

“HEY!”

Two sets of gold-tinged blue eyes turned to him.

“Enough. You guys are going to have to learn to get along. I’m not giving up either one of you, so I suggest you kiss and make up.”

He tapped his foot impatiently as he watched his two mates continue to glare silently at one another. Finally the blond shook his head disgustedly, muttered something under his breath and looked the darker vampire in the eye.

“You’re not a pervert. Just wasn’t expectin’ to wake up next to ya, is all.”

“Neither was I.”

At Xander’s annoyed look he continued.

“And yer not a poof.”

Spike snorted. The other one did too. Then they both cracked a grin.

“Well, technically,”

The blond looked at the other two men in the room.

“We all are. But I don’t exactly see that as being a bad thing.”

“True, and I’m sorry I called you a souled-up wanker.”

“’Kay, I’m sorry I made fun of yer hair.”

“No you aren’t.

“Okay, I’m really not. But I shouldn’t have said it.”

“I shouldn’t have called you a slayer-shagger.”

Pause.

“Even though you are. Well, were anyway.”

Xander just shook his head. At least they weren’t fighting anymore.

“Buffy called. She needs to see me, so I’m heading over. You guys coming with? Or can I trust you to stay here and not kill each other?”

The Spikes looked at Xander and then looked at each other. With matching grins they leaned in and kissed gently, tongues brushing sensuously together, hands coming up to run gently over each other’s body. Xander watched in wide-eyed fascination, his breath catching as his cock filled almost painfully. He made a small sound of protest as they ended the kiss and turned their heads to look at him. Brunet Spike climbed out of bed and handed the blond his jeans and t-shirt before pulling on his own clothes. Xander was still standing slack-jawed and glassy-eyed as the blond stood in front of him.

“Xander?”

The blond vampire tilted his head and then tried again.

“Xander, love? Didn’t you say you were needed at Buffy’s?”

Xander blinked, shook his head and then looked at his lover in confusion.

“Wha… huh? Buffy?”

The vampires both chuckled and Xander glared at them.

“Oh, very funny. Get the human all worked up and then send him to a house full of women he thinks of as sisters and little annoyances.”

Brunet Spike smirked at him.

“Well, you did say we had to kiss and make up. We were just doing as we were told.”

They both nodded solemnly and put innocent expressions on their faces. Xander couldn’t help but smile. He caught the clothes that were thrown to him and began to dress as he wondered if he would ever get over the sight of the two of them together. Their pale, perfect bodies touching, their lips pressed together, the expressions of passion etched so clearly on their faces. He was definitely a lucky man.

“Come on, let’s go. I’m driving.”

At the car, Xander rolled his eyes heavenward and prayed for strength as his mates both grinned at him and climbed into the backseat together, leaving him to try and drive to Buffy’s house without wrapping them around a pole because he kept looking over the seat to watch them. It wasn’t as though they were really doing all that much; just kissing and touching each other above their clothes, but it was almost too much for Xander to bear. He desperately wanted to just stop the car and climb over the seat. When the sounds of a zipper being lowered and a low moan met his ear, he swore under his breath and pulled the car to a stop.

“That’s it! You two are the evilest vampires I’ve ever known!”

He shook his head at their chuckles and opened his door. He stepped out into the dark street and walked around the car to the back passenger side door. He opened it, reached in and hauled the closest vampire he could reach out into the cool night air. There was a muffled complaint from inside the car before the other one joined them.

“You two did this on purpose, didn’t you?”

They both wore “who me?” expressions on their faces and Xander couldn’t help but laugh.

“Innocent really isn’t a believable look for either of you.”

And then Xander crushed his mouth to that of the dark-haired vampire in front of him. He then spun him around so he was up against the car and pushed his duster up over his hips.

“I know you carry it with you, where is it?”

Spike smiled, reached into his pocket and drew out a battered-looking tube before passing it back to his mate. Xander wasted no time in undoing Spike’s jeans and pulling them down. He nudged the vampire’s feet apart and then began preparing him to be entered.

“Here.”

Xander said as he passed the tube back to his blond mate and wiggled his ass.

“Want you in me.”

Spike groaned at the desire in Xander’s voice and took the tube from him. He had to admit, having the other vampire around was proving to be a hell of a lot of fun so far. He undid Xander’s Dockers and slid them down his thighs. He took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the man in front of him. Half naked on the side of the road in the moonlight, and Spike had never seen Xander look so sexy.

“Spiiiike.”

At Xander’s whine, the blond stepped closer and began to ready Xander. He opened his own jeans just enough to free himself and slicked his cock before pushing slowly inside the tight heat that was his mate. He heard twin groans as his thrust pushed Xander into the Spike in front of him.

“Fuck! Oh God, not gonna last long!”

Xander was sandwiched between two hard, cool bodies; he was pretty much naked from the waist down, and he was fucking and being fucked up against a car outside, on the side of the road. He knew at that moment, that he was well and truly corrupted. But he really didn’t give a shit.

Spike sped up his thrusts, pushing harder and faster into Xander, in turn making Xander thrust harder and faster into Spike. Xander’s hand came around Spike’s waist, his fingers encircling the dark-haired man’s erection. Spike howled at the extra sensation and came with a roar. Xander followed behind him and then finally, as the blond Spike sank his fangs into Xander’s skin, he too came with a muted howl. The three men slumped against the car, Xander panting harshly and the vampires using their tongues to clean both him and each other up.

Finally, Xander pulled himself away from the side of the car and fastened his pants. He climbed into the back seat and stretched out across it. The vampires climbed into the front of the car - blond Spike driving - and pulled back out onto the road.




Part 55

“You got it?”

“Wait. I’m not to the ‘got it’ place yet. I’m still in the neighborhood of ‘you’ve gotta be kidding’.”

Buffy sighed.

“You know it’s for the good.”

“I don’t. I have power now; finally I have something to offer in the fight against evil besides my wicked carpentry skills. Buffy, do you get that?”

“I know. That’s why I need you to do this. Xander; I need someone that I can count on no matter what happens.”

Xander shook his head.

“I just always thought that I would… I would be there with you… you know, for the end.”

Buffy looked indignantly at him.

“Hey.”

“Well, not that this is the end.”

Xander babbled and then grinned at her.

“Thanks a lot.”

“No, no, no. By the end, I meant, uh… a heroic, uplifting way.”

Buffy smiled at him.

“I know what you meant.”

“I should be at your side. That’s all I’m saying.”

“You will be. You’re my strength, Xander. You’re the reason I made it this far. I trust you with my life. That’s why I need you to do this for me.”

Xander’s shoulders slumped and he shook his head sadly.

“I’m sorry Buffy. I can’t. I need to be here for this. I can’t explain it, but I just know that my place is here. I promise I’ll do whatever it takes to keep Dawn safe, but I can’t leave. Besides, do you really think she would leave willingly?”

Buffy smiled a bit sheepishly and pulled a bottle of chloroform out of her pocket.

“I kinda doubted it.”

Xander laughed a bit and shook his head.

“You thought I’d actually knock her out?”

“Hey, it’s not as if all the women are jumping at the chance to run away with you.”

Xander looked at her affronted.

“Don’t look at me like that. You’re the one who said I’m gonna die.”

Buffy walked toward the door. Xander followed her, scowling playfully.

“I never said you were gonna die. I-I implied that you were gonna die. It’s totally different.”

“Yeah, Okay. Sure.”

“Besides, if you die, I’ll just bring you back to life.”

Xander shrugged his shoulders.

“That’s what I do.”

The two vampires had overheard the entire conversation and were both at odds with their feelings. On the one hand they both wanted Xander by their sides where they could watch out for him, but on the other hand, if he had agreed to take Dawn and run, then he would be safe. The fact that Xander had power, that he was more than capable of looking out for himself, never crossed their minds. As far as they were concerned, it didn’t matter. Xander belonged to them and they protected what was theirs. Of course, the wanting Xander beside them won out over any other feeling so they were both relieved by his refusal to leave.

Spike - the darker of the two - had no qualms about leaving with his mate if he had decided to run. He didn’t owe these people anything; the only reason he agreed to fight was because of his mate, and because he liked the world as is, but if Xander had left, he would have gone too. It wasn’t so cut and dried for the peroxide vampire. These people were family to him. Okay, so Buffy and Dawn were family to him. The others - Giles and the witches - were merely people who abided his presence and didn’t actively try to kill him. The potentials were just scared little girls learning that the world was a crueler place than they’d thought. He pitied them. But moreover he pitied himself, ’cause if Xander had agreed to leave with Dawn, he knew he wouldn’t have been able to follow. He owed Buffy far too much to just abandon her in her darkest hour. Whether she thought she needed him or not, he knew that his place was here, just as Xander did.

As Buffy came into the room, her eyes locked on those of the blond demon and she smiled hesitantly. She looked behind her and saw the other Spike pull Xander into his arms and kiss him. She shook her head at the weirdness and then after another look at the blond vampire went back into the kitchen. Spike stood and followed the silent summons. He found her holding the scythe and staring out the window into the darkness.

“So you did it. Fulfilled your mission. Found the Holy Grail. Or the Holy Hand Grenade, or whatever the hell that is.”

Buffy turned away from the window and faced Spike.

“Right now we’re going with scythe. You like?”

“Well, pointy and wooden is not exactly the look I wanna know better, but it does have flair. Can see why a girl would ditch a fella for one of these.”

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It doesn’t matter. You’re back in the bosom. All’s forgiven. And, uh,” he stood in front of Buffy, looking at her, “last night…was just a glitch. A bit of cold comfort from the cellar dweller. Let’s don’t make a thing out of it.”

“Great. I have work to do.”

Buffy turned her back to the vampire once again.

“Oh, yeah. Another solo mission, of course.”

“Yeah, it is.”

“That’s fine. You don’t have to get shirty about it.”

Spike turned to leave the room. He suddenly wanted to feel Xander’s arms around him, to remind himself that he had someone real, someone who loved him, who he loved in return. He didn’t understand why being around Buffy made him act this way. He was over the slayer. So why did she still have the capability to make him so damn defensive?

“I’m not shirty. And what is shirty? That’s not even a word.”

“All right. All right. Big secret mission. It’s fine.”

And it was fine. He knew she was more than capable of looking out for herself. She didn’t need him, and truthfully he wanted to be with Xander anyway, not off trolling around in the dark with Buffy on some secret mission.

“It’s not a secret. Well, I mean, it is, but that’s the point of the mission. Find out the secret. This thing was forged by - I don’t even know. I mean, something about… a tomb on unconsecrated ground. That’s what I have to do. I need to find out what this is and why I have it.”

Spike looked closer at the weapon and then looked at Buffy.

“And that’s the thing the preacher man was so anxious to keep out of your mitts?”

“That it is.”

“Well, maybe I’ll swing by the vineyard when you go, take Xander and the other me; make sure he’s sitting tight.”

“Great.”

“Okay.”

Spike headed for the doorway again only to be stopped by a soft hand on his shoulder.

“Spike, You’re a dope.”

“I’m a what?”

There was genuine confusion on his face as he turned to look at her.

“You’re a dope. And a bonehead. And you’re shirty.”

“Have you gone completely carrot-top?”

Buffy just smiled.

“Do you see this?”

She held up the scythe.

“This may actually help me fight my war. This might be the key to everything. And the reason I’m holding it is because of you. Because of the strength that you gave me last night. Because you held me and told me you believed in me. Because I really needed a friend and you were there for me. You made me believe in myself again. I don’t know what you felt, how you feel about last night but…”

Spike cut her off.

“Terrified.”

“Of what?”

Spike took a moment to think about what he felt, how last night had changed him, changed how he felt about Buffy, how he felt about Xander - hell, how it changed how he felt about the other Spike coming back.

“Last night was… God, I’m such a jerk. I can’t do this.”

“Spike…”

“It was one of the best nights of my life. If you poke fun at me, you bloody well better use that, ’cause I couldn’t bear it. It may not mean that much to you, but…”

“I just told you it did.”

“I’ve never really had a friend before, Buffy - well not before Xander, and now I feel like I do. I loved you, still love you, but last night, I held you in my arms as you slept and I realized that as much as I loved you, I love Xander more. I didn’t think I could ever love anyone more than you. I was gonna stake Dru for you! So, terrified pretty much sums it up, but at the same time, I feel free. You freed me.”

“From what?”

“Fear. Of not being good enough. You trusted me to keep you safe when your world was falling apart. You made me realize that I’m worth something, that I have value. That I didn’t need to be afraid that Xander was gonna forget about me now that the other Spike is here. That I can be loved for myself. He tried to tell me, but I was too afraid to listen.”

“He does love you. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you, when he talks about you. It’s real, Spike.”

Spike ran his hands through his hair.

“Did you ever love me, Buffy? Even a little?

“I… I don’t know. What we did, what we had, it was so…”

“Messed up? Wrong? Doomed to fail?”

“Yeah. I used you, and I regret that. I’m not the one, Spike. Xander is. I get that now. If things were different now, maybe you and I…”

“No.”

Spike held up his hand to stop what she was about to say.

“Let’s just leave it.”

Buffy sighed but nodded her agreement. Maybe she did love him, but he wasn’t her one either, and deep down she always knew that. She just wasn’t sure who her one was anymore.

“We’ll go be heroes. It’s what we do.”

Spike nodded and followed her back out to the living room. Xander reached out for him, and Spike allowed himself to be pulled into his mate’s arms. He felt the gentle press of warm lips on his neck and smiled. Yeah, Xander was definitely the one. He turned his head slightly to the other side and blinked at the open look on the other vampire’s face. Then he rolled his eyes, realizing that he had overheard every word he had spoken to Buffy. Too late to change anything, and he’d just blame it on the soul if he gave him a hard time over it.

“You’re not the only one with fears, mate.”

The unsouled Spike leaned in and whispered to him. Spike nodded his understanding and felt that he was one step closer to letting go of the last of his apprehension.

“Well, as much fun as this is.”

Buffy spoke up.

“I have to go track down the maker of this scythe. Spike? You still planning on swinging by the vineyard?”

Spike looked to Xander and his double and at their nods he answered.

“Yeah.”

“Good, let’s move then. We don’t know how much longer we have.”

Xander stood and followed Buffy into the dark night, his vampires on either side of him. They climbed into the car and drove toward the vineyard as Buffy set out on foot. He really just wanted to go home and fall into bed between his lovers and sleep until the apocalypse had passed once again.




Part 56

The vineyard was empty - not even a Bringer in sight. It made sense, Xander figured; now that Buffy had the weapon, there was nothing there to guard. The question was, where was the crazy preacher now?

“Well, I’m figurin’ Buffy took something that he wanted to keep away from her, right?”

The darker-haired Spike spoke when they left the abandoned building.

“Yeah. So that means…?”

“It means, he’s gonna try an’ take it back. I know I would.”

“He’s right, Xan.”

Blond Spike agreed.

“We find Buffy, we find Caleb.”

Xander sighed and then nodded his head.

“Alright, I’ll drive; you two can ride with your heads out the window and play bloodhound.”

He received twin looks of consternation from his mates, but ignored them and got in the car. The vampires scowled but did as Xander suggested and began scenting the air for traces of the slayer’s scent. It eventually led them to a cemetery where Xander parked the car and got out with a huff of annoyance.

“Why am I not surprised? Just once, would it be too much to find the answers to your questions at the Dairy Queen or maybe the video store? I mean, why does everyone in this town hang out in the graveyards?”

The brunet vampire snorted his amusement and kissed Xander lightly on the throat. The blond Spike opened his mouth to reply but then closed it with a snap as his eyes bled to yellow and he growled low in his throat. Xander spun around to look at him and asked what was wrong. The other Spike sniffed the air and a look of comprehension crossed his face.

“Angelus is here.”

“A-Angelus?”

Xander squeaked.

“No, it’s Angel.”

The blond answered sullenly.

“Can sense he has a soul; doesn’t explain why he’s here though.”

Xander’s face flamed as he remembered what Angel had told him back in L.A. the day he had secured his soul, about welcoming him into the family properly. He blushed even harder as his cock twitched at the memory of Angel’s lips on his, his hands roaming over him. It was obvious his mates had picked up on both his embarrassment and his arousal. The unsouled version of his lover just smirked at him and waggled his eyebrows, while the souled version pulled Xander to him and continued to growl.

“Stop that. We’ll never be able to eavesdrop on them if you keep up that noise.”

The brunet Spike grumbled. The blond ceased his growling but did not lessen his hold on his human mate as they crept closer to the tomb in which the slayer and the elder vampire were ensconced. They heard Caleb speaking from inside.

“You know, I gave you ample warning. Told you not to interfere, but you chose not to heed. I was kind of hoping it’d go this way.”

Then they heard another voice, an all too familiar one.

“Hey!”

There were sounds of flesh hitting flesh and then…

“I was never much for preachers.”

“Angel.”

“You look good.”

“You look timely. And also good.”

“Heard maybe you needed a hand.”

There was a scuffle and they didn’t hear anything other than the sounds of battle for a few minutes. Then Buffy’s voice again.

“See? Under control.”

“Well…at least you could tell me you’re glad to see me.”

The threesome sneaked closer and peered inside just as Buffy pressed up against Angel and kissed him deeply. Xander blinked. Brunet Spike shook his head in disgust and the blond just closed his eyes and turned away. He knew he was never the one she wanted, but to see her kissing his sire… it still hurt for some reason. Xander seemed to sense his distress and pulled him closer. He kissed his temple and then whispered in his ear.

“Let’s go home.”

“Ta love.”

On the way back to the car, brunet Spike sidled up to his blond half and leaned in to talk to him so that Xander wouldn’t hear them.

“Are you still in love with her?”

“No.”

“Then what’s with the brooding?”

“It’s… I don’t know what it is.”

“Can I offer a theory?”

“Could I stop you?”

They exchanged pointed looks and finally the brunet grinned.

“Probably not. So, here’s my theory. You ever wonder why you went after her? What it was about her that made you want her? Besides the not being able to kill her bit?”

He didn’t wait for Spike to respond.

“What if she was your link? Like Dru was. What if you saw in her a way to keep Angelus in your unlife? What if the reason it hurts you to see them together is because of him, not her? Did you ever consider that?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“’Cause, I hate the bloody poof! No way am I still pining after him, not now. I gave up on Angelus years ago.”

“Yeah, I used to think that way too. Then he dropped everything and came for me. He stood up to the Initiative and the slayer for me. Soul or not, he’s still Angelus. And he’s still our sire. Think about that, Spike. If we still feel it, don’t you think he might too?”

Spike gave his double a look that clearly said he was serious about this and left the blond to consider what he had just told him. It wasn’t easy for him to accept his feelings about Angel either, but he had. He had not only made up with his own sire, he had shared his lover with another version of him in a different reality. He remembered well what had gone on between this Angel and Xander a few weeks ago in L.A., and was expecting Angel to show up at their door at some point tonight.

Spike was unusually quiet on the drive home. He was thinking over what the other him had said. While he refused to believe that the only reason he had fallen in love with Buffy was because of Angel, he had to admit that it might have been one reason why he had pursued her in the beginning. Whether it was to piss Angel off by taking her from him, or to try and feel close to him again by being with her, he wasn’t sure. He knew that with Angel in town, he was bound to show up looking for them. He had unfinished business with Xander, something Spike wasn’t wanting to dwell on.

Back at the apartment, the dark-haired vampire sent their human mate off to shower so he could have a moment alone with the other Spike. He fetched them both a beer and paced the room as he tried to figure out what to say. Finally he came to a stop and just looked at the other vampire.

“This is stupid. You know he’s going to show up here tonight, and you know why. What happens then? Are you honestly going to turn him away? Not allow him to accept Xander into the clan properly?”

“Yes. No. Argh, I don’t know. I haven’t come to this great understanding that you have. Your sire might have come for you, taken you back to L.A. and coddled you, but mine never did. I was chipped and left defenseless, and he didn’t do a damn thing to help me. Yes, I know you had it way harder than I did, but it doesn’t change the fact that he didn’t even care enough to check up on me. This Angel doesn’t give a rat’s arse about us. The only reason he wants to welcome Xander is ’cause he wants to get his end down and make sure his soul is stuck on tight before he slips it to the cheerleader. Or Buffy. Or that wannabe watcher of his. Trust me, it has nothing to do with the lore, nothing to do with us, and certainly nothing to do with Xander. He doesn’t even like the boy.”

Just then the shower turned off and the two vampires eyed one another before silently agreeing to table this conversation for now. Thoughts of Angel would have to wait; there was a warm, wet, clean-smelling Xander available - and they planned to take advantage of that.




Part 57

After unsuccessfully trying to get Xander into bed, the two vampires sulked as they watched their lover consume the better part of a large frozen pizza and a liter of cola. Xander knew that there were things they needed to discuss - namely Angel and the fact that he was liable to show up looking for them - but he didn’t want to get into it on an empty stomach. Plus, any stall tactic he could come up with was all good, as far as he was concerned. Finally, as his stomach protested the consumption of any more food, he wiped his hands and face and then cleared his throat to get his lovers’ attention.

“We need to talk about Angel.”

The dark-haired Spike nodded his agreement, while the blond snarled in annoyance. Xander turned his gaze on him and smiled softly. He knew that Spike didn’t want Angel touching him, and he was fine with that decision, but they needed to present a united front to the older vampire when he arrived. Xander knew - it had been made painfully aware to him back in L.A. - that he was no good at reasoning with his lovers’ sire, especially once he was distracted with the touching and the kissing. He didn’t want to risk them doing something that Spike would regret.

“I know you don’t want him to touch me; I understand that. I promise you, he won’t - not unless you say so.”

Spike dragged Xander onto his lap and wrapped his arms around him before burying his face in his mate’s neck.

“Mine.”

“Yours.”

Xander carded his fingers through the short, blond locks and waited for Spike to calm himself. The other Spike watched all this with a cold look in his eyes.

“Do I get any say in this?”

Xander looked up at him and blinked.

“Um, huh?”

“Do I get any say in this? I may not be this reality’s Spike, but nevertheless, I am Spike. Therefore, Angelus is still my sire - therefore I should have some say as to whether you get a formal acceptance into the clan or not. So, do I?”

Blond Spike looked up at his darker-haired double with hate-filled yellow eyes. Xander could hear the fan starting up; could smell the shit approaching. He just hoped he could pull the plug on it before it hit.

“Whoa! Hold up; everyone calm down. First, explain to me what the big deal is about getting the Angel seal of approval, then we’ll go from there. Okay?”

Both vampires nodded and the blond continued to hold Xander on his lap as the brunet thought about the best way to explain why he wanted his sire’s approval of his choice of mate.

“If I had claimed you unwillingly - if you hadn’t wanted it - I would need Angel’s approval to keep you, but since you accepted my claim, and claimed me back, it’s not necessary.”

He saw the triumphant look on his double’s face and continued.

“However, it’s my right as a Master vampire of the line of Aurelius to have my sire acknowledge my mate. I’ve never taken a mate before, Xander - never wanted to - but now that I have, I want that approval, that acceptance. I want every demon out there to know that you are a member of the Aurelius line, that to mess with you is to mess with not only me, but the entire clan, as well. You know I would never do anything to hurt you, love. And if you really don’t want this, I won’t force the issue. I just… I want this.”

Xander nodded his understanding and then turned to face his other mate. He could tell that the blond was torn, that at least a small part of him understood, and maybe even felt the same way.

“Spike? Why don’t you want this?”

“I… ”

Spike blew out a frustrated breath and stood up; he set Xander back down on the sofa and paced the length of the room. He couldn’t explain why; he didn’t know. He was still coming to terms with having his soul back, Xander being the only thing keeping him sane, the world coming to an end, having an evil twin from another dimension, and being mated to a human. Throw in the complications of still having feelings for Buffy, and now Angel showing up - not to mention that his double might possibly be right about what he still felt for his sire; well, he was so confused he didn’t know which way was up.

“I don’t know. I don’t know how I feel about Angel; I resent the hell out of him. I hate him with every fiber of my being - the thought of him touching you makes my cold blood boil. He’s taken everything from me, my life, my princess, the slayer, and now he wants you. I know it’s not the same - Dru was his to begin with, so was Buffy - but you… You. Are. Mine. I don’t want to share you. Not with him.”

“Then you won’t.”

Xander looked at the dark-haired Spike and begged him with his eyes not to make an issue of this.

“Well, this is just fuckin’ peachy!”

Spike spun on his heel and stormed out of the apartment. Xander looked from his lover to the door and then back again. He felt his eyes fill and then hot, salty tears were running down his cheeks.

“He’ll be back, love. He just needs to blow off some steam.”

Xander nodded. He hated this - having to choose between them.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s not your fault. You have a right to feel this way; he has a right to feel the way he does. We’re just going to have to learn to deal with these things - compromise. This obviously means a lot to him; more than I realized.”

“It does. I just… I think a part of me - maybe - still loves him. What happens if I let that part out, if I allow Angel into my heart again? He doesn’t love me. I was chipped and left defenseless, love. He didn’t care. Didn’t come to see if I was getting on all right, if I was feeding. He just turned a blind eye, ignored me. If I let him, he’ll destroy me. I just don’t know if I can take it again. Not now with this… soul in here. I’m too weak.”

Xander kissed Spike softly and then looked into his eyes.

“Not weak, Spike. You are the strongest man I know. And if it helps… Well, Angel knew about the chip. Giles called him after it first happened; Angel offered to come and take you back to L.A., but at the time, we were still trying to find out about the Initiative, and you were so sure you could find a way to get it out… ”

Xander sighed.

“I guess we should have told you, but we all assumed that you hated Angel, and that you wouldn’t go anyway. I’m sorry.”

Spike blinked and looked at Xander with wide, astonished blue eyes.

“He offered? Really?”

“Yeah, he even asked about you a few times after that. At the time, I thought it was because he was worried you were bothering Buffy, but I’ve come to know him a lot better since then. He was worried about you. He does love you, I’m sure of it.”

Spike’s mouth twitched up at the corners and he struggled not to smile.

“You sure you aren’t just saying that so’s you can get to shag him again?”

Xander spluttered indignantly and Spike lost the battle not to grin. In fact, he laughed out loud.

“Alright, we’ll do it then. When Spike comes back, we’ll tell him that Angel can do his Master of the line of Aurelius shtick, and welcome you properly.”

“Are you sure?”

“I am. He’s right, you know; it is our right as Master vampires to have our mating acknowledged by our sire and the head of the line. Besides, it gives you an added measure of protection - not that you need it now, what with you being Mr. Wizard an’ all - but the more people looking out for you, the better I like it.”

“I love you.”

Xander kissed his mate deeply, savoring the taste of him in his mouth. Finally he had to pull back for breath and smiled at the look on the vampire’s face. The door opened and a sullen Spike strode back into the apartment and flopped down on the sofa. Xander smiled at the blond Spike and then crouched down in front of his sulking brunet mate.

“You okay now?”

“No.”

Spike pouted and crossed his arms in a childish manner. Xander felt his lips twitch and bit the inside of his cheek to keep from grinning.

“Couldn’t even find something to pound on. This town is bloody dead.”

“Spike, Spike and I talked while you were gone. He’s changed his mind. When Angel shows up, we’ll go through with the ritual or whatever it is. Okay?”

The brunet blinked and looked at the blond skeptically.

“You sure, mate?”

“Yeah. I am.”

Spike grinned and launched himself at his blond doppelganger and kissed him soundly on the mouth. Xander smiled. Things were never going to be easy among the three of them, but it would always be worth the small conflicts to see them together like this. Blond Spike blinked in shock when his double first kissed him, but then gave himself over to the gentle pressure on his lips. Xander was just about to suggest they take this into the bedroom when a knock at the door broke him out of his thoughts of naked Spikes.




Part 58

Angel stood outside the door and waited. He was still in shock after what Buffy had told him; Spike had a soul. He wondered why Xander had neglected to mention that fact when he had been in L.A. Hell, for that matter, he wondered why no one had called him when they first found out. Angel remembered all too well the way he had felt when he had first been cursed - the crushing guilt, the insanity, the nightmares, the visions of every single person he had ever killed coming back to haunt him over and over again. He could only image how much harder it had to have been on his childe.

The First had tried - and almost succeeded - in getting him to kill himself years ago. It was only Buffy’s dogged determination that had kept him from following through on it. He had been used to having his soul at that point, so when he thought about Spike - being newly souled and up against The First as well - he had to admit his childe was stronger than he gave him credit for. It did hurt though, that their relationship was so nonexistent that Spike wouldn’t turn to him for guidance. It was his fault; he was the one who had walked away, abandoned his childer and lived on the fringes of humanity for decades on end. He knew that even though Darla had shunned him, Drusilla and William would not have.

Angel shook himself out of his thoughts of what could have been; he needed to focus on the here and now. On the other side of that door was his childe - two versions of him, actually, one souled and one not. Plus there was Xander. Xander, who was mated to both versions of his childe, who had secured his soul and then gone back to Sunnydale. Xander, who was still not an official member of the family, something Angel was planning to remedy tonight. If he ever got up the courage to knock on the damn door.

There was a noise in the stairwell and Angel ducked into the empty apartment across the hall and watched through the peephole as a dark-haired Spike walked into Xander’s apartment and slammed the door behind him.

“William?”

Angel whispered. He had expected both vampires to look the same, but it made sense to him now that he thought about it. Of course Spike would have changed his appearance; he would want to distance himself from what he had been before. Gathering his courage, knowing that his childe surely needed him, Angel walked across the hallway and knocked on the door to Xander’s apartment.

Xander watched, fascinated as his lovers both shifted momentarily to game face and then back again as they looked at the door. He had a pretty good idea of who it was on the other side, even before they both confirmed it was Angel. He took a deep, calming breath and opened the door.

“Angel.”

“Hello, Xander. May I come in?”

“Sure.”

Xander stepped aside and Angel entered the apartment. Both Spikes were already on their feet and watching the by-play. It was quite unexpected though, when Angel walked directly to the dark-haired Spike and drew him into his arms. Xander and the blond both blinked as Angel began to speak.

“I’m so sorry, William. I didn’t know; if I had, I would have come sooner. You have no idea how proud of you I am; you’re much stronger than I gave you credit for. Are you all right? Is there anything I can do for you?”

The brunet had finally gotten over his shock and looked up at the older vampire with a smirk on his face.

“Well, for starters, you could tell me what the hell you’re talkin’ about.”

Angel looked at him in confusion, then looked at the room’s other two occupants hoping for some explanation. They too looked as if they wanted an answer to Spike’s question.

“Buffy told me about your soul.”

The brunet jumped back as if he’d been burned.

“Oi! No soul here. You’ve mistaken me for the other Spike.”

Spike pointed to the blond who was now snickering in Xander’s arms.

“He’s the one with the soul.”

“But your hair…?”

Angel trailed off as the blond started to howl with laughter. Even Xander couldn’t help but giggle.

“Oh, that’s it! I’m getting rid of this damn hair just as soon as I can find a box of color.”

He turned and glared at his lover and his twin.

“Quit yer bloody snickering. This is not funny.”

Angel finally seemed to clue in to the fact that he had just embraced and tried to comfort the wrong Spike. He took a closer look at the blond and shook his head.

“Well, I suppose there’s no point in repeating what I just said to him, to you, is there?”

“Maybe not, but you could try it anyway.”

Spike looked at Angel, searching his eyes for any trace of the affection that he once had for him; he must have found it for he smiled and stepped closer to him.

“Well? What are you waiting for, Peaches?”

Spike smiled at his sire and Angel smiled back. The older vampire quickly pulled Spike into his arms and breathed in his scent.

“I’ve missed you, boy. I’m sorry I’ve been such a horrible sire.”

“S’okay, I get it now. I don’t think I’d be able to be around my childer either now. If I had any, that is.”

“You don’t hate me then?”

“No. I did though; thought you hated me, so I hated you back. It was easier than admitting that I still loved you.”

“Oh, William. I’m so sorry.”

Xander and Spike watched the reunion with smiles on their faces. They both understood what this meant for the other two; a century-long rift was finally being mended. Spike knew how miserable he had been when he’d lost Angelus, and how he had buried any feeling he still had for his sire behind his budding feelings for Dru. He had made her the center of his world, knowing that she needed him. It was the only thing that kept him from greeting the dawn those first few months. He turned to Xander and tilted his head toward the kitchen; Xander nodded and they quietly left the room - giving sire and childe some privacy to reacquaint themselves.

Eventually, Angel let go his death grip on Spike and stepped just slightly away from him. He cupped the side of Spike’s face and tilted it up as he slowly lowered his own, giving Spike time to withdraw if he didn’t want this.

Spike stood still, his eyes never leaving those of his sire, waiting for the one thing he never thought he’d feel again - his sire’s kiss. Finally, Angel’s lips brushed over his own and he sighed with relief. He hadn’t realized quite how much he still needed Angel, not until that moment. He parted his lips in invitation, and was thrilled when Angel pulled him closer and deepened the kiss.

In the kitchen, Xander and Spike stood with their arms around each other, heads resting on each other’s shoulders. They were both wanting to do more than just hold each other, but didn’t want to distract the pair in the living room from their reunion. Finally, Spike pulled back and kissed Xander softly on the lips.

“I think it’s time we move this to the bedroom, love. Come on, we’ll gather the other two en route.”

Xander licked his lips and nodded his assent. He followed Spike out of the kitchen, stopping dead in his tracks, his mouth going dry at the sight of his blond mate and his sire devouring each other with lips and tongues. The brunet was watching the scene with more than just a casual interest as well.

“Gah.”

Xander whispered, and Spike grinned at him.

“You can say that again, pet.”

“Okay, gah.”

Spike and Angel broke apart, both turning feral gazes on the other two men before stalking toward them. Angel grabbed the other Spike and kissed him almost brutally as the blond demon claimed the lips of his human mate. Both couples continued the kiss as they walked toward the bedroom.




Part 59

Xander found himself suddenly the focus of three master vampires. His brain wasn’t quite sure how to react to this, but his body seemed to be carrying on just fine on its own as he grew impossibly hard, his breath hitching in anticipation. His mates approached him slowly, circling him as they trailed light caresses over his still-clothed form. Gently they began to remove the barriers that kept them from seeing all of Xander until he was finally standing naked before them.

Xander swallowed down the sudden burst of panic and embarrassment that overcame him at being the only one who was sans clothing. He figured this had something to do with the ritual or whatever it was they were about to do. He looked over at Angel as his mates left his side and made their way toward him.

With heads bowed in supplication, they began to undress the older vampire, being careful to fold and stack his clothing as each piece was removed. Xander’s eyes swept over Angel’s naked form and he grinned. While he was not the lean, sculpted perfection of his mates, Angel had a classic beauty, and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about below the belt.

Angel allowed Xander to study him, enjoying the frank admiration he could read in his hungry gaze. It had been far too long since he had taken anyone to his bed, and longer than that since it had actually meant something. Eventually though, he had to break the silence.

“Go lie down on the bed, Xander.”

Xander nodded, looked toward his mates who were watching with aroused expressions on their faces, and then walked to the bed and crawled over to the middle of it. He lay on his back, head propped on the pillows, and waited. Angel turned to his childe - childer - and they both nodded and stripped out of their own clothing.

Once naked, the two younger vampires joined their mate on the bed - one on each side of him. Angel watched as they petted and kissed and stroked Xander into a frenzy of lust and need. As the blond slicked and stretched Xander’s opening, the brunet reached into the bedside table drawer and removed a cock-ring before quickly attaching it to the writhing human.

“Enough.”

At Angel’s soft-spoken command, both vampires ceased their attentions and moved to flank Xander’s sides. Angel crawled up the length of the bed until he was hovering just over Xander’s prone form. Without any encouragement, the younger vampires each took one of Xander’s legs and opened them up revealing him to their sire and master. Angel sat back on his heels and looked at the image Xander presented. He was hard, sweaty, and flushed with arousal. Angel could hardly believe that this was the same boy that had made his life a hell while he was dating Buffy. He shook his head in wonderment and then promptly forgot all about the slayer as Xander moaned and thrust his hips up wantonly. Angel swallowed.

“Xander, by taking you, I am acknowledging you as mate to my childer and accepting you as one of my clan. You will be a member of the line of Aurelius, and expected to hold to the lore. You will be mine as well as my childer’s and be expected to treat me accordingly. Do you understand the commitment you are making, to not only your mates, but to myself and the clan, as well?”

Xander nodded his head, but when Angel remained silent and simply watched him, he realized that he probably had to say the words. He licked his suddenly dry lips and cleared his throat.

“I understand. I accept that I am yours as well as my mates’; I will uphold the lore and will submit to you as Master of the line of Aurelius.”

Angel nodded once, looked at both versions of his childe and then smiled.

“Welcome to the family, Xander.”

Then he drove himself into the young man in one swift stroke. Xander cried out and arched his back, baring his throat to the hungry gaze of the three vampires. Angel growled low in his chest and then struck swiftly. As his fangs pierced Xander’s throat, he felt the human’s muscles clench around him and knew that Xander would have cum, had he not been wearing the ring. Gently he removed his fangs, bit into his wrist and presented the dripping wound to the writhing man beneath him.

“Drink, Xander. Accept my blood as your own.”

Xander fastened onto the wound and drew on it as Angel roared and spilled himself deep within him. As soon as Xander let go of his wrist, Angel slid from Xander’s body and the brunet Spike moved into his place. Xander’s eyes widened in shock as Spike slid deep inside him and began to move with hard, fast strokes. He bared his throat and Spike bit directly over the mark left by Angel. He didn’t take much blood - barely a mouthful - before removing his fangs and biting his wrist. He, too, presented it to Xander who fastened his still-bloody lips to it and drank. Spike barely managed another stroke before he, too, came.

Xander, who was still hard and desperate for release, turned his head in time to see that Angel had pinned the blond vampire to the bed and was fucking him through the mattress. Spike turned his head to look at Xander at the same moment. Their eyes met and then they both leaned forward a fraction until their mouths met as well.

Xander could taste Angel’s blood in Spike’s mouth; he wondered if his mate was being reclaimed by his sire while he was being reclaimed by the other Spike. Then he had no time to wonder as Angel pulled Spike’s mouth away from his and the two Spikes changed places. This time, before Xander was entered, Spike leaned over and placed a soft, reverent kiss to his lips.

“I love you.”

Was whispered against his mouth and then he was taken once again. Xander wondered if he was ever going to be able to cum. Not that he wasn’t enjoying this, but he felt like he had been hard forever.

Spike looked over to Xander’s other side and saw that Angel and the dark-haired version of himself were likewise engaged and grinned; Angelus always did have stamina. He brushed his lips over Xander’s again and then nudged his head to the side before placing a soft kiss over the angry-looking bite mark on his throat.

“Last one, love; don’t worry, you get to cum too, this time.”

Spike chuckled as he heard Xander’s softly-muttered “thank God” and then he sank his fangs into the mark. He withdrew his fangs, slashed his wrist, and as Xander’s mouth fastened over the wound, he reached between them and released the clasp on the cock ring. As Spike increased both the force and the speed of his thrusts, Xander finally came with a loud scream, his back arching off the bed, and then fell back to the mattress just as his mate spent himself inside of him.

There was a muted howl and a loud growling noise to the left of him. Xander barely managed to turn his head in time to see his dark-haired mate lick the blood from his lips before they were covered by Angel’s - as the eldest man in the room kissed his other-dimensional childe. The blond vampire sprawled across Xander’s chest, sated and at peace. He had his mate - now a fully accepted member of the line of Aurelius, and he had made up with his sire.

Xander smiled as the vampire on his chest started to purr. Much like cats, the other two vampires curled into his warmth and echoed the rumbly noise. Xander wondered if this was just going to be a one-time thing, or if he could expect to be sharing his bed with Angel again anytime in the future. He had read the watchers’ diaries - along with anything else he could get his hands on that had to do with Vampires - and he fully understood the commitment he had made tonight. Angel was now his master - his sire in a way - and he knew that as such, he was entitled to do whatever he wished to him, including taking him to bed.

“You’re thinking too much, Xander. Go to sleep.”

Xander blinked and turned his head to see Angel smiling at him.

“Eh, you know, just practicing up on my brooding. Thought I’d get an expert’s opinion on whether I’m doing it right or not.”

Angel chuckled softly and Xander smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry… Master.”

Angel’s eyes bled yellow and he growled softly.

“Unless you want to be taken again, I suggest you don’t call me by that name.”

Xander swallowed and shook his head even as his cock twitched at the thought. Angel sniffed the air, smiled and moved closer to the wary human.

“Angel… I? The spirit is willing, but the ass is sore. You know?”

Angel laughed and shook his head.

“Sleep, Xander. Anything else can wait until morning.”

“Okay. Are you staying then?”

“I thought I might. You don’t mind?”

“No. No, of course not.”

Xander smiled softly and closed his eyes; he was somewhat startled when the man on his chest began muttering.

“Good; now that that’s settled, can we shut up and sleep now?”

“I second that.”

Came an identical voice from beside him.

“Okay. G’night Spike. G’night Angel. G’night Spike.”

“Night, Xander.”

“Good night, love.”

“Go to sleep, git.”

There were soft chuckles and then silence as the foursome drifted off to sleep. The only sound in the apartment was Xander’s soft snores.




Part 60

When Xander woke the next morning, Angel wasn’t in the bed. He carefully extracted himself from the tangle of bodies without waking his mates and made his way to the kitchen. He found Angel - wearing only his slacks - making coffee.

“I’m sorry, Xander. Did I wake you?”

“No. How come you’re up?”

“Sorta used to keeping human hours - Cordelia insists that I do the office stuff during the day.”

“Ah.”

They were silent for a few minutes, both watching the steady drip-drip of the coffee until Xander finally broke the silence.

“Angel? Can I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

“What’s going on with you and Buffy? I thought you and Cordy…”

Angel looked uncomfortable for a moment and then sighed softly.

“She slept with my son. I know that she was being influenced, but that doesn’t change what happened. Besides that fact, Conner loves her. He’s my child; I won’t be the reason that she hurts him. I can’t hurt him that way; he’s already lost so much because of me, I can’t take Cordelia too.”

“But if she doesn’t love him…”

“She doesn’t. But I won’t be the reason she ends it with him.”

“I get that, but what about Buffy? I mean you guys were kissing.”

“You saw that?”

“We all did.”

“She was just saying hello.”

“Most people don’t say hello with their tongues.”

Angel gave Xander a pointed look and the man realized what he just said.

“Never mind. Not what I meant. So, what now? With Buffy I mean.

“Buffy and I… I love her; I will always love her, but she isn’t ready. She needs to live, to grow, to… finish baking.”

Xander blinked.

“Baking?”

Angel smiled sheepishly.

“There was a cookie-dough analogy; I didn’t really understand it myself at first. She said she wasn’t ready to be eaten.”

Angel grinned and Xander did as well.

“I have time to wait for her; when she decides she’s ready, if I’m the one she wants, I’ll be there. Otherwise, well, I’ve been alone for the better part of a century. I’ll survive.”

Xander had a sudden pang of sympathy for the vampire right then. Being in love with someone like Buffy couldn’t be easy. She would always have to put her duty before her personal feelings; it made Xander glad that Buffy had never returned his boyhood affections.

“Hey, you have us. You don’t have to be alone.”

Xander said that in all seriousness. He was surprised to hear his statement confirmed by his lovers. He hadn’t realized they were awake.

“Hey, did we wake you?”

“Nah, love. Smelled the coffee.”

The brunet kissed Xander on the cheek on his way to the kitchen. He grabbed two mugs out of the cupboard and passed them to the blond Spike who had followed him into the kitchen before grabbing another two out of the cupboard for Angel and Xander.

The vampires drank the blood that the dark-haired Spike had prepared for them before refilling their mugs with coffee. Xander just sipped at his own overly-sweetened beverage and watched them as they interacted. It was amazing how easily they all seemed to get on with one another. He wondered where the angst, sorrow, and anger from the night before had gone. Then again, they were vampires; maybe it was just easier for them to accept change and move on.

“You’re brooding again, love.”

The blond whispered in his ear before nipping the lobe softly and then kissing it better.

“Gonna give Peaches here a run for his title of Brood Master, you are.”

“Sorry, Spike. Just thinking.”

“About what, love?”

“How easy this all is. Shouldn’t it be harder?”

Spike chuckled and turned Xander around so he could look at him.

“It’s simple, pet. I love you. Spike loves you. You love us, yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, it’s the same thing with Angel. He’s our sire. We love him, he loves us. Not the same as it is with us, but it is love. You are part of us now, a full-fledged member of the line of Aurelius; we’re all family here, Xander. That’s why it’s so easy. Family forgives you. Family loves you, protects you, and fights for you. Family drifts away sometimes, but it always comes back to you. Always.”

“Always?”

“Yeah, you’ll never be alone again either. No matter what happens with The First. None of us will be alone again; we’re all family now.”

Xander smiled and kissed his mate soundly. He didn’t want to think about The First or the battle ahead of them. He knew that they wouldn’t all make it out alive, that some of them would be lost. He just hoped to God that his little family - scoobies included - would survive it.

“Let’s take this to bed, love. I want to feel you inside me.”

Xander nodded and began walking his mate back toward the bedroom, his lips never leaving the vampire’s for even a moment. Angel and the other Spike exchanged a look and then silently followed behind them.

Spike and Xander had torn off their clothes and were already sprawled across the bed. Xander had the blond pinned beneath him and was pistoning two slick fingers in and out of him. The blond was panting, begging his mate to hurry.

Angel and the other Spike wasted no time in removing their own clothes and joining the couple on the bed. The elder of the two newcomers took up the discarded tube of lubricant and began preparing Xander thoroughly. The human continued to stretch and tease his mate while moaning and pushing back onto Angel’s fingers. Finally, the blond vampire could take no more.

“Xander, if you don’t shag me now, I’m going to go shag myself.”

Xander giggled at the silliness of that statement but then decided to take pity on his mate and removed his fingers and pushed his cock inside of him. He felt Angel move behind him and held still while he was filled as well. He looked over at the dark-haired Spike who was slowly stroking himself and watching the three men on the bed. Xander grinned and beckoned him closer.

Spike allowed Xander to move him into position and then smiled. He was sitting astride his double’s face while Xander was sucking him off. It wasn’t the easiest of positions, or the best blowjob he’d ever had, considering Xander was being fucked by Angel and fucking Spike at the same time. But it was getting more interesting by the minute, especially when he felt the tip of his doppelganger’s tongue flick over his hole.

“Fucking yes! Oh hell, do that again.”

Angel was slamming himself into Xander; which made Xander slam into the vampire beneath him. It also made Xander moan a lot - something that felt incredibly good on Spike’s shaft as he sucked him. The blond vampire was rimming him with abandon and he couldn’t remember when he’d ever felt this good. Having someone who knew exactly how to touch you was amazing.

Xander couldn’t hold back any longer. Having all three vampires taking their pleasure from his body was such a turn-on. He wondered if he looked as hot as he felt at that moment. His passionate cries were muffled by the cock in his mouth, but still loud enough that had he still had neighbors, they would be wondering what the hell was going on in his bedroom.

Xander’s climax triggered Angel’s and he stiffened suddenly, his eyes bleeding yellow as he howled and emptied himself into the warm channel that surrounded him. The blond Spike was next to let go; he, too, changed to game face as his orgasm ripped through him, turning his head and burying his fangs into the other Spike’s thigh, which, of course sent him over the edge as well.

Soon enough, the four men lay sprawled in a tangle of limbs on the messy bed. Xander could barely keep his eyes open; he was sated and exhausted. His mates curled up on his chest and Angel spooned behind the blond Spike. He wished that it could always be this simple, that they weren’t facing the possible end of the world. He kissed the top of each vampire’s head - even Angel’s - and drifted off to sleep.




On to “Quantum Xander 2”, Parts 61 - 65



Feedback

Back to “Quantum Xander 2”

Back to “Quantum Xander 1”

Back to the “Quantum Xander” Page

Back to Jameschick’s Page

Back to BTVS/AtS FanFic

Back to Adult FanFic

Home