Rating: NC-17

Notes: This is the second in the new series, Quest for Ellison.

Warning: m/m There is no fucking nudity. I promise that this series will have nekkid Jim and Blair eventually.

Summary: Blair wakes up one morning and decides that he has had it with his Sentinel. He is tired of the two of them dancing around each other. So, he makes a decision to put the moves on Jim. Slow going, because of course Jim fights it every step of the way. And Blair finally decides that it is more than just a Quest, it is a Fucking Adventure. :) Day 2.


Quest For Ellison Day 2
By: Ramblin Rose


Day 2

Okay, Blair thought to himself, you're still the same man on a mission. Only now you know what to expect from one Jim Ellison. * I bet Jim doesn't even notice that he does that shit. Ignoring my advances. Making excuses for things when I'm touchy feely. It's never occurred to him that I might want him. Well, Mr. Ellison, you're in for it now.

As Blair came out of his bedroom on day 2 of the quest for Jim Ellison, he was smiling and Jim found this unnerving. Why was Blair always so fucking happy? I mean, yesterday was the biggest disaster in Blair's history, but he's still smiling and wanting to work with me. * Geez, you have to love this man.

Except for the boner from hell, Blair was able to sleep fairly well all night long. And once he got rid of that boner, he was fine. * Oh shit, who am I kidding, I had to think of Jim the whole time to take care of said boner. Not that there is anything wrong with using Jim as his aid in whacking off, but he felt bad considering Jim didn't want him the same way. Well, today that would change. No more of this fooling around. Today was serious business.

This thinking made Blair smile all the bigger. Jim was becoming more frightened by the moment. He knew that something was going on, but didn't have a clue as to what it was. Damn it, he was a detective, you'd think he could figure out his roommate. But no, that would be too simple.

Blair started making a wonderful breakfast and smiled at Jim now and then talking about the weather and such. Jim was getting more scared as the hour wore on. * Why didn't I see this coming? Something was up. Blair must want to move. He probably is sick of me and is trying to break it to me nicely. He's trying to be nice to me. Why the fuck do I feel as though he broke my heart then?

Blair looked over at Jim and saw nothing but a sad look on Jim's face and wondered what the hell he was thinking of. Man, if someone had hurt Jim, Blair would kick some ass. Who had he dated lately? No one, Jim hasn't been out in a long time. Maybe we're practicing to be monks.

As Blair served the fantastic breakfast, Jim ate slowly and kept looking at Blair. Finally not being able to stand it any longer, Jim said, "So, are you moving or what?"

"You want me to move? Why didn't you say anything before now? I had no idea and I hadn't planned for it. Can you give me a little while?"

Then Blair got up and walked into his room and sat on his bed. He was heartbroken. Jim wanted him out. Why? What had he done? Oh man, he must have figured him out. Blair saw teardrops falling on his jeans as he realized that he was crying. Thank god, Jim wasn't in here it would just add to the humiliation.

Jim knocked on Blair's door and didn't get a reply, so Jim opened the door and stuck his head in and saw Blair sitting on his futon crying silently. Jim sat down beside him and said, "Okay, first of all, I misunderstood. I thought maybe you were sick of me and wanted to be nice to break it to me nicely."

"Jim, I would just tell you if I wanted to move. I wouldn't make you breakfast for that."

"So why did ya make me breakfast then, Blair?"

"Jim, I hate to piss in your cheerios, but I almost always make you breakfast."

"Chief, I'll be stuck with that picture in my mind all day now. Thanks a lot. Yes, you make breakfast, but you're acting odd today. Come to think of it, you were acting odd yesterday too. Is there anything bothering you?"

"No, I'm fine, so I don't have to move?"

"You don't ever have to move, Chief, unless you wanted to."

Wiping at his eyes, he started to get up and Jim helped him the rest of the way. As they walked out of his room, Blair pulled Jim into a bear hug that continued for a long while. "Blair, if we don't start out soon, we'll both be late for work. I don't want to listen to Simon yelling at us today."

"Tell me about it, Jim, I 'so' do not want to hear his voice unless it's something good."

As they pulled away from each other, Jim could have sworn that Blair was smiling again. *Okay, I'm missing something here, damn it.

A very puzzled Jim and happy Blair walked out of the loft and made their way to the truck for the drive to work. Blair leaned across and did up Jim's seatbelt when Jim was starting the truck. "Can't have anything happening to the sentinel of the great city." Jim smiled at him and knew he was way out of his league here.

When they got to the parking lot, Blair leaned over and undid Jim's belt. Jim watched him and wondered what he was doing. But it was such a sweet gesture that Jim didn't want to put too much thought into it.

On the way to the elevator, Beverly, saw Jim and started towards him. Blair made sure to get in between them. Beverly didn't know what was going on, but she totally ignored Sandburg as she asked, "So Jim, do you want to go out tonight. There is a new play and a great new place to eat." Jim thought to himself, * it's been a really long time since I had a date and I need something.

As Jim went to tell her that would be great, Blair said, "Jim, don't forget that you told me you'd go to that gallery tonight. It's the last night and you promised me."

Shit, Jim realized his friend was right. But damn it, he was hornier than hell. So he turnred to Beverly and said, "How about lunch? I'm not doing anything."

Blair stood up and said, "Hey Jim that would be great, we could all try out the new Chinese place. I've heard their lunches are to die for."

Jim leaned into Blair and said, "You're going to wish you were dead if you don't un-invite yourself right now."

Blair looked at Jim with eyes that screamed, innocent as the day he was born. * Oh way to go, Sandburg, now you'll have a picture in your mind all day of a naked Jim.

Well, Blair wasn't about to give up that easily. He looked sadly at Beverly and said, "I'm sorry, I'm sure I wasn't invited. It was rude for me to assume that you'd want me along. I'm truly sorry. You two have a good time."

"Blair, don't be silly," Beverly said, "you can come with us and it'll be fine."

Blair beamed at her as he headed for his desk to start his day. About one hour later, they got called out on a case. As they were standing there talking to the cop that was first on the scene, Blair stood beside Jim with his hand on Jim's ass. Jim noticed that this wasn't something that Blair usually did. Then as quickly as he had put it there it was gone, leaving Jim to wonder if he imagined all of it. Things were getting weirder and weirder by the moment.

When they were heading for the truck after taking all of the statements, Blair held Jim's hand for a few moments. Jim looked over at him like he had totally lost it. And Jim realized that Blair didn't even notice he was doing it. Shit!

Blair hoped that Jim would buy the fact that he was just being touchy feely. If he did, he could get away with touching him right and left for the next few days. Mind you, Blair was super careful to make sure no one would see something like this. He never did it in front of anyone. He would never embarrass Jim for something like his sex life.

Jim started doing the paper work up and saw people going into the break room. He got up to see what was going on. Jim knew it had something to do with Blair. He could feel it.

When he got to the doorway, Blair was getting ready to tell a joke.

"We're talking about Alternate Universe, right? Well, then how about this one? Lets say I was pregnant with me and Jim's first child, and was paying a visit to my obstetrician's office. When the exam was over, I shyly began, "My partner wants me to ask you..."

"I know, I know," the doctor said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I get asked that all the time. Sex is fine until late in the pregnancy."

"No, that's not it at all," Blair confessed. "Jim wants to know if I can still mow the lawn."

Everyone burst into laughter. As he walked into the room frowning, Conner said, "We came up with an idea of telling jokes about what would partners be like in another universe. That's when Blair came up with that one. He's good, Ellison, he's very good."

Jim smiled when he thought about what she was saying. Conner in her own way was making it clear that she found two men together fine. "Conner, no need to push, I won't be finding out if he's good or not."

Conner smiled as she shook her head and left the room. *Men, they are such twits sometimes. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them.

Jim saw the look on Blair's face and realized he was worried about the joke and Jim. So, Jim smiled to let him off the hook. Blair smiled back and it lit up the room. *Oh god, Ellison, you need to get a fucking date.

Beverly came to the bullpen at 12:00 and asked Jim if he and Blair were ready for lunch. Jim said, "To tell you the truth, Beverly, I was looking forward to being alone with you. But it's up to you."

When Blair came out of the break room, he asked where Jim went and Brown told him, "He and that D.A. went to lunch. He said to tell you he'd see you in an hour or so."

"Fuck! This isn't going as planned at all. About 34 minutes later, (That's right Blair was keeping track of the time.) in walked Jim and he didn't look like a happy camper at all. In fact, he looked like a really pissed off one.

"Buck up little camper." Blair said trying to make light of it.

Jim wasn't at all amused. "Fuck you, Sandburg."

*Man I wish. If only I could tell him right up front that I would love that. Fuck!

Well, okay, this was going to have to call for some new strategy. When Jim got out of his chair to go give something to Simon, Blair accidentally ran right into Jim, rubbing his hand across Jim's cock. And Blair didn't imagine it, Jim jumped and not because he had hurt him. No sir, Blair was almost certain that Jim liked what was being done.

For the rest of the day Blair came into contact with Jim 26 times. All those times rubbing some part of Jim that he didn't normally rub. Jim was getting pissed off.

*It was bad enough that my lunch date was a bust, but now my roommate is having problems walking without running into certain parts of my anatomy. God, Jim you are so fucking horny that now you're trying to hump Sandburg. Get a grip.

When they got another call, Blair didn't run into Jim at all. After all Blair knew that he had to keep things professional until they were alone. While they were inside at the crime scene, it rained buckets.

Looking at his seat, Blair looked over at Jim and said, "Sorry, man. I really thought I rolled up the window."

"It's all right Chief. Just be sure it's up from now on."

Blair moved over next to Jim and sat as close as he could. Blair pulled a cassette tape out of his pocket and started listening to it, while rubbing his leg and arm on Jim's. A song started playing and Blair was singing along with the singer. Not only did Blair have a nice voice, but the song was making matters worse.

Take your hand
And place it in my pocket
Flick your eyes back in their sockets
Put those thoughts away
Sometimes they're much to loud
I'll take a breath
And cradle your sweet head
Should've stayed at home in bed
Put that face away
I'm melting for you
Jim felt like he was going to scream. This song was sweet, sad and made Jim horny.

I know, I get cold
Cos I can't leave things well alone
Understand I'm accident prone
Me, I get free
Every night the moon is mine
But when the morning comes
Don't say you love me
Don't say you need me
I really don't think that's fair
Boy I'm not so dumb
But when you leave me
I'll be wishing I, wishing I, wishing I was there

"Chief, who is this singing? I don't recognize her at all."

"Natalie Imbruglia, Jim. She's great isn't she? I love her stuff. It's called, Wishing You Were Here."

"Yeah, she's got a beautiful voice. I don't think I've ever heard this song."

Once the song was over, Jim was sorry because he had gotten used to hearing Blair sing to him. Well, maybe not to him, but with him in the same space.

As the next song came on, it picked up the beat and tempo and Blair started dancing and moving around driving Jim nuts. God, how far do they live from the bullpen?

When they got to the loft, Blair went right up to start dinner. That was his next big assault. As Jim came in from changing the oil on the truck, he said, "Smells good Chief, what is it?"

"Do you promise not to think I'm trying to move out or something. I just felt like making my lasagna."

"Sounds perfect, Blair, thanks. Do I have time for a shower?"

"Sure, go ahead we have about 20 minutes left. Relax and get clean."

All during dinner that night he kept using total eye contact with Jim hoping above hope that Jim would see something in Blair's eyes. But all was lost. After dinner, Jim said, "I'm exhausted, I'll clean up in the morning, Chief. Thanks for dinner. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Jim." Blair said almost sadly when he realized he had blown another day of trying to woo Jim Ellison. It was much harder than it sounded. God, he needed to fuck this man, and soon. Blair cleaned up the kitchen and then took his laptop into his room and finished up some paperwork and then turned out the lights at about midnight.

Little did Blair know that upstairs while he was busy cleaning the dishes, Jim was upstairs whacking off thinking of Blair. Another case of clue bus avoidance by two lonely and stupid men.

As Blair slipped into the sheets, Blair made plans for the day ahead. He would get Jim to notice him if it was the last thing he did. Maybe he should go with the opposite and drive him nuts with wondering why he wasn't touching him. That's it, tomorrow, he would not touch Jim once. Blair smiled as he fell asleep with dreams of fucking his friend and partner.


Quest Day 3

Patt's Index