Rating: NC-17

This is the third and final part.

Warning: m/m There is no fucking nudity. I promise that this series will have nekkid Jim and Blair eventually.

Summary: Blair wakes up one morning and decides that he has had it with his Sentinel. He is tired of the two of them dancing around each other. So, he makes a decision to put the moves on Jim. Slow going, because of course Jim fights it every step of the way. And Blair finally decides that it is more than just a Quest, it is a Fucking Adventure. :) This is day three. Hot damn.


Quest For Ellison
By: Ramblin Rose


Day 3

Blair turned over miserably and looked at the clock. It was 2:00 in the morning and he was hard a rock. What the hell would it take to get Jim to notice him? What if he were a sleepwalker and ended up in Jim's bed. Oh yeah, that could work. Well, maybe tomorrow if this doesn't work. This idea seems better. Jim could never leave me alone when I had a bad dream. And what if I have one where he will be stuck to me for a while.

Oh yeah, this is going to be good. Blair went to busy getting himself worked up so that his heart beat would be beating much too fast and much too hard. He had to make this good and he couldn't let Jim think he was awake or it would never work.

Jim woke to a change in the loft. He wasn't sure what it was. He listened for noises that seemed foreign, but there weren't any. He listened to Blair's heartbeat and knew right then that it was beating way too fast and hard. At that moment, Jim heard Blair say loudly, "Jim, help me. Please help me."

Jim was up out of bed in about two seconds, didn't even stop for a robe. He ran into Blair's room and Blair was fighting a nightmare big time. By this time he was crying out for Jim louder and louder. Jim got on the bed and put his arms around Blair and said, "Chief, I'm right here. It's okay buddy. You can wake up now."

But Blair didn't wake up instead he pulled Jim down onto the bed and cuddled up with him and started crying. "Blair, are you awake yet, buddy? Come on, Blair, wake up for me." Instead Blair pulled Jim closer and said his name almost sexily and started humping up against Jim's leg. Blair got closer and closer to Jim and kept humping against him and Jim didn't know what the hell he should do. * Man, you are so evil, Blair, I can't believe you're doing this, and you're me.

Jim tried to stay calm as his cock filled up and got hard. * Oh shit, please don't let him wake up. Oh god, please don't let him know I like this.

Blair realized that Jim wasn't going to wake him up. He was just going to lie there and let him hump his leg. He couldn't believe it. Well, it was too late now. Blair was like a breath away from coming and he sure as hell wasn't going to give it up now.

The next thing Jim knew Blair pulled him on top of him and without even realizing what he was doing, he was pounding into Blair's cock with his own. * Oh god, I can't believe I'm taking advantage of my sleeping roommate. Is there no low you won't stoop to? I guess not. Shit…

As Blair and Jim pounded into each other Jim realized that Blair was awake. He also noticed that Blair's heartbeat was slightly erratic. More than just the sex. * Fuck, he's scared, Ellison. You fucking low life.

Jim started to pull away from Blair, but Blair held him there and pushed into Jim to get closer to him. Jim figured that he was still half asleep poor guy. And what would they do about this tomorrow. Right at that moment, Blair came huffing into Jim's ear and this pushed Jim over the edge. Neither man said a word. * Just sex, this was just sex, Blair thought. Drat, foiled again.

Jim got up off of Blair and went upstairs quickly to get out of Blair's sight. *Okay, this guy is taking a lot longer than I thought. All right, maybe he doesn't have any feelings for me. Maybe this was just sex. He hasn't had a date in a long time. We'll talk about it tomorrow. When we both get up.

Blair fell asleep finally, but Jim wasn't so lucky. He knew that he had just screwed up the most important thing he'd ever had in his life. He loved Sandburg more than he'd ever loved anyone in his life. But he knew that Blair didn't have those types of feelings about him. Blair's not into men and Jim knew that much. Jim felt like he had taken advantage of Blair.

When Blair got up in the morning, he got in the shower and remembered how great it felt to have Jim on top of him. Now if he could just talk him into it all the time, he'd have it made. Once out of the shower, he walked over to the balcony and looked out to see what kind of day they had to look forward to. He glanced upstairs and could see that Jim's bed was made and that meant Jim wasn't home. Where was here, damn it? They were supposed to discuss this. *Let me see, what was it that I said last night? Oh yeah, drat, foiled again. Looks like this won't be my lucky day, week or year. Fuck!

He called the station and Simon answered and Blair said, "Simon, have you seen Jim this morning?"

"Yeah, I've seen him. He's a mess Sandburg, what are you two fighting about this time. He looks like shit."

"Sir, we didn't have a fight, could you tell Jim that I need him to come home right away?"

"No Sandburg, I won't. You're supposed to come here, not him there. So get your butt to the station. Pronto."

As Blair hung up the phone, he tried to think of things he could do for Jim to make him feel better. He knew that he'd gone to far over the edge this time. But hey sleepwalking or nightmares are a tricky thing. You never know exactly what to do with that person. Jim was just being noble. * I'll tell him how much I appreciate it. Then maybe I could ask him to fuck me again tonight.

On the way to the station, Blair stopped and ordered flowers for Jim. He was going to take a different approach. He picked out a nice plant, since he realized that Jim wouldn't like flowers that much. He signed the card, "from a friend".

*Oh yeah, Blair, you sweet talker you. What a jerk you are. And stop talking to your self so much. People are starting to look at you oddly in the cars next to you. You'll get arrested for being insane. Jim can't have an insane partner. There has to be one sane one in the pair. This made Blair laugh to himself. Oh goody, now you think you're a comedian. Too bad you're not. Maybe you could come up with something that would get Jim through this with a smile instead of a nervous breakdown.

When he walked into the station, everyone looked at him like he was half dead or something. Getting worried he walked into the bullpen, walking over to Conner and said, "Where's Jim?"

"In there." She said as she pointed to Simon's office. Blair could see Jim sitting with his face in his hands. And Simon was yelling at Jim. What the fuck was going on? Why would Simon be yelling at Jim? This was none of his business.

Blair started to the door and Jim looked up when he heard him and Blair smiled at him, which took Jim off guard. Blair knocked and walked in. Simon said, "Do you ever wait for me to say come in first? Oh hell, whom am I kidding, you don't usually even knock. Things are looking up for me."

"Cut the shit, Simon. What is going on here? Why are you yelling at Jim?"

"Well, Detective Sandburg, it's because Jim gave me his notice and won't give me a reason." Simon gave one of those, so there looks to Blair.

Blair looked at Simon, then back to Jim again and said, "All right, I need to talk to Jim."

Blair grabbed Jim's hand and pulled him out of Simon's office, and Jim said, "Chief, we really don't have anything to talk about."

As Blair drug him into a room with no one in it, he shut the door and turned to Jim and just stared at the man he loved with his whole being.

"The fuck we don't. I beg to differ you asshole. What, you think that you're giving up on us because I got off with you in bed with me? Well, it's not going to work. I'm in this for the long haul, big shot. Please listen to me, okay?"

"I'm listening. How can you even look at me? Answer me that first."

"Because I'm crazy about you, you idiot. Why do you think? I was going to try to get your attention and as always it fucking backfired. I love you, you ass. I love you. You're my life and I wanted to be in yours."

Jim looked over at Blair and saw the tears in his eyes and said, "So Chief, you believe that you want to be in my life as in us being a couple?"

"Duh, Jim how many ways do I have to tell you this? I love you; you are my world. I can't make it without you. And why aren't you angry about this?"

"Chief, do you mind if I think about this for a short time?"

"No, think about it for as long as you like as long as you don't tell me to go away."

"Chief, I won't be telling you to go anywhere. But let me get one thing straight. You were awake this morning when you had that little nightmare problem?"

"Jim, I'm really sorry about that. I couldn't figure out how to get your attention. I tried everything; I was becoming desperate. I didn't have anywhere else to turn. Surely you must see this? Are you really pissed, Jim?"

"I don't know yet Chief. We'll see what I decide on. I'll get back to you later on today."

"Okay. Jim I'm really sorry, man."

"I have to get to work, Sandburg."

Defeated Blair walked to his desk and sat down. He knew that Jim was super pissed off at him. He also knew that Jim would probably forgive him, but his chances of being with Jim as in a couple were probably slim to none. * Fuck! I'm so damn depressed, Blair thought to himself.

Jim worked at his desk all day long and didn't so much as look at Blair. Everyone knew something was going down. And no one wanted to interfere. It looked like it might get ugly before the day was over.

Conner took Rafe into the break room and said, "So what's up with Sandy and Jim? I mean, they act like they broke up or something."

Rafe looked at Conner as if she was insane and said, "Conner, they aren't a couple."

"Well, they should be. I mean, haven't you ever noticed how great they are for each other? They love each other like no one else they come in contact with."

Well, Conner, that's none of our business. So I suggest we finish up and get out of here before the ax falls."

"Oh that's great, Rafe, just leave Sandy when he really needs us."

"You better believe it." Rafe said as he went out the door of the break room.

Conner went to the hall and said, "Jim could I talk to you for a moment?"

Jim looked up from his work and walked over to her and said, "What's up Conner, I'm kind of busy."

As she pushed him into the stairwell, she said, "Oh busy my ass."

"Conner, do you have a point to make here? Or just like to stand with me out in the stairwell?"

"Jim, what the hell is wrong with you? Don't you know that Sandy loves you?"

"Yes, as a matter of a fact, I do. He told me today."

"You just figured it out today? God you guys are morons, do you know that?"

"Conner, is there a point?"

"Jim stop being such an ass. You're pissed off right?"

"Actually, no." Jim said quietly, so quietly that Conner almost didn't hear him.

"What are you talking about? What is wrong if you're not mad?"

"I'm teaching him a lesson."

Conner smiled at him and said, "You shit. You love him too and you're going to tell him tonight, aren't you?"

"Well, I don't think I want someone else to know before Blair, but yeah. I do love him. And he loves me. But he should have just came right out and told me instead of playing games."

"Oh yeah, Ellison, you're so damn approachable. I'm sure he wasn't intimidated one bit."

"Conner, you piss me off, you know that? Will you please go and get Blair and tell him to come out here?"

"Will do, Jim." She pulled Jim into a short hug and kissed his cheek and said, "Congratulations, Jim."

"Thanks, Conner. Now get." Conner walked into the squad room smiling and walked over to Blair's desk and said, "Sandy, Jim needs you. He's in the stairwell."

"Oh shit, did something happen to him? What's wrong, Megan?"

"Nothing is wrong, he asked me to tell you he wants to talk to you."

Blair walked very slowly to the stairwell. He was a nervous wreck. Blair knew that Jim wouldn't throw him out, but he also didn't want to lose his best friend. He was such a jerk.

As he walked through the door, Jim slammed it back and pushed Blair up against said door. He kissed him so hard that Blair couldn't get his breath.

* Okay, Sandburg, this isn't what you were expecting, you know this, but shit this is good.

Blair kissed him back and Jim said, "Next time you want to show me something, show me like that. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, man, I do. So am I forgiven?"

"Blair there is nothing to forget. I knew you were awake and I was as much to blame as you were. We both were hiding behind each other's feelings. No more of that, ever. We talk things out. Understood?"

"Wait a minute, you knew all along? You prick. You knew?"

"Yeah Chief, I knew, but that didn't make it any easier to live with."

"And what about all that crap in Simon's office."

"I asked him to please go along with me, he doesn't know what happened but he loves to see you squirm."

"He'll get his, I swear. Jim, I'm a little pissed off at you right this moment."

"That's fine. You have a right, but you can decide to be pissed off and alone, or you can ride home with me and we can fuck properly this time."

"I'm not really mad at all, Jim. I want to fuck properly."

"I knew you'd see it my way. Race you to the truck."

They both went flying down the stairs and everyone that saw them in the stairwell said, "They are a weird couple of dudes, you know that?"

"Jim yelled up to one of the people talking about them, "A couple of what?" And he and Blair continued to run for the truck.

When the got there, Jim said, "No more quest for Ellison, Sandburg. I'm yours. Just ask from now on. You understand?"

"Ellison, this was never a quest, this was a fucking adventure and Jim pulled out of the parking lot smiling as he held Blair's hand with the knowledge of what was to come once they got home.

"You have no idea what adventure is yet, Chief." Jim said beaming at his partner and Blair was instantly hard. Oh yeah, fucking adventures for sure.

The end.


Patt's Index