Summary: Man, leave Conner and Ellison alone for one night and see what happens. :) Not exactly what you think.


Where Will I Belong ?
Ramblin Rose


Conner awoke to a splitting headache and glanced around and realized she didn't know where the hell she was. She turned over and realized she was in bed with Jim Ellison. Blair Sandburg's Jim Ellison. Oh My God, Conner thought, what the fuck am I doing in their bed? And did we do anything? She felt between her legs moving up slowly and cringed. Not only did they do things, but also there was no condom involved. Fuck.

She reached down and picked up her clothing and started getting dressed. She reached over and tapped Jim on the shoulder, dreading it, but needing to ask him if he had any clue as to how they got here. He opened his eyes and glared at her.

Jim said, "Conner, what the hell are you doing up here and why are you waking me up? While you're at it, could you tell the person running the jackhammer to stop working, I'm trying to sleep?"

Okay, thought Conner that means he doesn't know either. She sat back on the bed and said, "Okay, Ellison time to wake up, we have a little dilemma here."

He looked at her this time, really looked at her and saw the clothing being buttoned as she spoke; he smelled the air and realized he smelled a woman in this bed. Then it also dawned on him that it might have been Conner. He sat up and pulled the sheet around him. Fuck, he thought.

Panicking, Jim said, "Conner, please tell me I didn't sleep with you. Oh God, please. He'll never forgive me."

Conner couldn't get over the look of alarm on his face at the thought of losing his lover. She sat next to him and said, "Jim, I don't remember a damn thing about last night. The last thing I remember is having a Coke at the bar that we were staking out. How about you?"

Jim thought about it for a second and said, "Yeah, same here. I didn't have any drinks, just a Coke. So what do you think was given to us? And how did we get home?"

"Ellison," Conner said, "I'm telling you I don't remember anything either. So, I have all of the same questions as you."

She got up from the bed, went down the stairs and looked out the window, seeing what she needed to and made her way back up the stairs.

"Ellison," Conner said, "your pickup is outside the loft, so that's how we got home. I don't know how we got here, but we did."

Jim said, "Are you sure we did anything?" And Conner almost wanted to cry at the despairing sound in his voice. She knew that he was scared about losing Sandy.

Conner said, "Yes, I'm sure and we didn't use a condom. I'm just as freaked out about this as you are, Ellison." Jim answered, "I don't think so. You're not going to lose your best friend, your guide and your lover all in one moment."

"Okay, now listen to me for a minute," Conner said, "Sandy doesn't have to know. We'll never bring it up, I don't want to lose him as a friend either. Let's consider keeping this to ourselves."

Jim said, "Conner, we can't do that. Jesus, what the fuck are we going to do?"

Conner answered, "Well, I suggest we get ready and have Dan Wolfe draw some blood from both of us and have it analyzed. That way we at least will know what we're up against. Agreed?"

"Conner," Jim said, "we can't go on like this didn't happen. I have to tell Sandburg, as soon as he comes home."

Conner angrily said, "Well, that's just great for you, he loves you, he might forgive you. What about me? He's one of my closest friends and I know he'll never talk to me again."

Sitting on the bed, next to Jim, she started crying. God, she hated that. Such a weakness, she thought. But Sandy was her best friend.

Jim just took her into his arms and held her and said, "Conner, we'll decide what to do and go with what is best for all of us. Don't worry. Sandburg won't stop talking to you. He likes you too much."

"Not after this," Conner added, "he'll never want to talk to me or look at me again."

Jim finally said, "All right Conner, I don't think it is a good idea, but we won't say anything to Sandburg for now."

She got off the bed and said, "Lets go have that blood drawn and see what was given to us. We need to find out who slipped that to us."

"I say that we do that right after we get our blood done," Jim said, "by the time Blair gets home tonight, we might have a clue so I won't be so nervous when he gets here."

"And I have your word," Conner said, "that you won't say a word to him about this?"

Jim said, "Conner, yes, I won't say anything. I don't feel right about it, but I know I'm not the only person that this will affect."

Jim whispered, "Conner, I'm so sorry." Having said this he hung his head and just stood there.

Conner walked over to him and said, "We aren't the ones to blame here, Jim. You don't have to be sorry. But someone's going to be."

Conner left the room so that Jim could get up and dressed. He went and showered and got ready to go.

When he came out, Conner was by the front door waiting for him. He said, "Conner you might want to think about taking a shower or everyone will know what we were doing."

She slugged him in the arm and made her way into the shower. Jim knocked on the door and said, here are some sweats and a tee you can wear till be get to your apartment." Opening the door just wide enough to set them in, he then shut it.

She came out feeling much better. Looking much better too. They headed down the stairs and got into the pickup. Both were quiet. They had a lot weighing on their minds today.

Jim was thinking about Sandburg coming home tonight and how he'd be able to tell that he had been with someone else. Jim was scared to death. No other way to look at it.

They stopped off at Megan's apartment so she could pick up some clean clothing. She filled a bag to take to the locker room also. You never know when you'll need clean clothing. Then she got dressed and went back down to the truck.

When they got to work, they went right down and had Dan Wolfe draw blood and analyze it for them. He said, "I'll send the results up as soon as I get them."

Both Conner and Jim said at the same time, "No."

Jim said, "Dan, we'll come down here for the results."

Dan said, "Whatever. I'll see you both later today. I'll call you as soon as I find out, Jim."

Jim said, "Thanks Dan. I appreciate this."

They both went up to the bullpen and buried themselves in paperwork. It had to be a first with Jim offering to do paperwork for Brown and Rafe. They all were laughing as Rafe said, "Man, he must be missing Hairboy a lot more than we thought."

Dan Wolfe called up to Jim's desk about five hours later and said, "Jim, why don't you and Conner come on down, I got those results. And they aren't good."

He grabbed Conner and they went down to Dan's office. They knocked and went in and sat down. He said, "Okay, I now know why you two were acting so strangely this morning. This is a huge dose of something like a Mickey. Except it also has Rohypnol in it too. So, you not only want to have sex, but you have memory loss for some time afterwards. So, this was given to both of you and you acted on it?"

Conner just stood there with her head down and finally Jim said, "Yeah, Dan. We don't know what to do. You know I don't want to screw up my relationship with Blair and Conner doesn't want to lose one of her best friends either."

Dan said, "Jim I really think you both ought to think about this some more. Lying is never the answer. Sandburg is a big boy, he can take the truth, it's not like it was some scheme to get in bed together. Besides there is something else you might want to think about."

They both looked up and said, "What?"

Dan said, "I love how you two answer everything together. Well, I ran a test on your blood Conner and I think you might be pregnant. It picks up on pregnancy sometimes as early as the morning after. And yours said it was positive."

Jim just sat there with his mouth hanging open. Conner said, "When will we know for sure?"

Dan said, "Come in and I'll do a test in a week. I'll know for sure then. And this is something Sandburg has to be told, if you plan on keeping that child, Conner."

They left Dan's office and didn't say a word. Conner turned to Jim and said, "Ellison can you take me home when we are done here?"

Jim answered, "Sure, I'm almost done, are you?"

Conner said, "I'm ready if you are. I want to get out of here. I need to talk to you. And I know that Sandy comes home tonight. We need to clean the loft up before he gets there."

Jim said, "Lets tell Simon we are leaving and then we'll get out of here." They went in and told Simon that they were leaving and they'd see him the next day.

Simon said, "Tell Sandburg welcome home, but no loafing, I want him here first thing in the morning."

Jim said, "Will do, Simon. Talk to you tomorrow."

The ride down the elevator was quiet as was the walk to the pickup. Once inside the pickup, Jim started driving and headed down the road. Conner turned to Jim and said, "All right, I have no clue as to what to do now. I've always wanted a child, but never found anyone to have one with. But I don't want to put pressure on you to have one with me."

Jim just looked at her and said, "Conner, there is no me and you. There is Sandburg and I. So I want to know how I would be pushed into having a child with you when I didn't have anything to say about it in the first place."

Conner just stared at him with her mouth open and tears filling her eyes. She said, "Jim, pull the truck over right now."

He pulled over to the side of the street and she got out and started walking up the street. Not even looking back to see if he was watching. She didn't care at this point. Tears were falling down her cheeks and she was so depressed and decided that the thing to do would be to go home. To Australia.

She glanced over to side of her and saw the pickup following her. Jim stopped, got out and walked over to Conner and said, "I'm sorry, Conner. I didn't mean it. I'm really upset about this whole thing. But now we need to tell Sandburg what happened, we don't have any choice. And I want you to know that I'll be here for you during the whole thing. And I hope that you'll let me be in his or her life."

Conner went into his arms and started crying hard. She said, "Ellison let me go and pick Sandy up with you tonight. I want to help you tell him. I think it should be both of us."

Jim nodded and said, "I think you might be right. This is going to be so damned hard. We discussed having a child once and Blair told me he didn't want to think about me with a woman. So, this is going to be really difficult. He's not going to take it well."

Conner said, "Well, let's go get the loft cleaned up and then make up a nice dinner and we'll go and pick him up. We can cross that bridge when we come to it."

"Sounds good," Jim said, "he'll be thrown off by all this, but we can do it together and make him believe that he hasn't anything to worry about. He's really insecure when it comes to me."

The drive home was a really quiet one, both of them being lost in their own thoughts. Megan was thinking what the hell am I going to do? I can't bring up a child alone? Maybe I could adopt this baby out. But what if this baby is a small Sentinel. Oh shit, that thought never even occurred to her until now. No doubt Jim hadn't thought of that yet. But chances are, Blair will be thinking that the entire time.

Once at the loft, they got the bedroom back to its original order and then went and cleaned the living room. Conner went into the kitchen and started cooking dinner. She didn't even ask, she just found the ingredients in the freezer and fridge and started cooking. She was very comfortable with Jim. She always was. He would make a wonderful father. She realized at this point that she did like Ellison a lot.

As she was cooking, she said, "Jim, could I sleep in Sandy's old room tonight? Then we don't have to worry about being late to work. I have extra things in my bag from my locker at work."

"I don't care Conner," Jim said, "whatever you want. I just don't want Blair to be upset by any of this. If he is, I'll take you home. We'll play it by ear."

And for the first time, Conner realized that Jim was just as vulnerable as she was. He was so afraid of losing his life mate. He loved Sandy so much and everyone knew this. Megan hoped that Sandy would understand and not be too angry with either of them.

Everything was ready; loft all cleaned, dinner simmering on low, now all they needed was Blair. They went to the truck and proceeded to the airport to pick up Sandburg.

They were both nervous when the people started filing out of the airplane. Megan decided to let them have some alone time first so she walked over and pretended to be reading a poster on the wall. Blair came walking off the plane and saw Jim. He said, "Jim." He started running for Jim and went into Jim's open arms. Jim and Blair didn't care who was there or who saw them; they started to kiss. Jim hadn't seen Blair in almost 8 days. It was the longest 8 days of his life.

Finally Blair pulled away and said, "Hey, you alright? You're shaking. You wait till we get you home, Jim. I'll make you shake even harder." Blair noticed that Jim tensed up when he said this and he pulled back and said, "All right, what is up with you? I want the truth right now?"

At that very moment, Conner walked over and said, "Hi Sandy. How was the flight?"

Blair had a look of pure confusion on his face when he saw Megan standing there talking to him. He looked at Jim and Jim had a terrible look of dread on his face. Blair looked from one of them to the other and said, "Oh man, please don't tell me that you guys are thinking of getting together."

And before Jim could say anything, Blair walked off at a very brisk pace through the airport. Jim didn't say a word to Conner; instead he took off running after Blair.

When Jim finally caught up to him, he took him into his arms and said, "Chief, I'd never leave you. Never. You're my life. There's nothing going on between Conner and me. But we do have something to tell you. And we wanted to do it together."

Blair calmed down in Jim's arms. He looked up and said, "What is going on Jim? You look like it's something terrible."

Jim said, "Chief, could we wait till we get home and talk about it then? I think that the airport or the truck isn't a good place to be discussing anything important."

Before he could answer, Conner came running up and took Blair into her arms and said, "Sandy, we'd never do anything like that to you. You know that, right?"

"Conner," Jim said, "he has agreed that we'd discuss this all when we get back to the loft. So, for right now, lets let it go and we'll pick it up when home."

When they picked up Blair's luggage, they all walked out to the truck. When they got there, Blair just stood there like he didn't know where to sit, and Jim pulled him into his arms and said, "Stop it right now, Chief. You are beside me as always. Forever, babe."

So Blair slid in beside Jim for the drive home. Conner filled his mind with little stories of what had been going on at the station. But Blair was having a hard time paying attention because he knew that there was something going on here and sure didn't have a clue as to what it would be. But also knew that it had both Conner and Jim upset. This scared him, but Jim said not to worry. And he really believed that Jim did love him.

When they pulled up to the loft, Jim said, "Conner, here are they keys, we'll be up in a second. Give us a few moments."

Jumping out of the truck, Conner said, "Sure thing, mate."

Jim pulled Blair into his arms and said, "I love you so much babe. You know that, right? I want to take care of some business right now."

Jim pushed Blair over to the other side of the truck and undid his belt and then his jeans. And just like that Jim had his face in Blair's lap. God, Jim thought, I missed him so much. Nothing could ever be as good as Blair.

He was sucking on Blair's cock really hard, not giving Blair time to think about anything. Blair was so hot for Jim that he smacked the back of his head on the window of the truck when he started coming. Blair was really quiet when he came because he didn't want to give all the neighbors a show their first night home. He laid his head back against the window and petted Jim's head. Man, how he did love this man.

Blair said, "Jim, want me to take care of something for you?"

Jim blushed and said, "Too late. I wanted you so badly. I missed you so much babe."

Blair stared down and saw the wet spot on the front of Jim's pants. He smiled as he kissed Jim and said, "Okay, partner, lets get upstairs so you can clean up, change your clothes and you both can tell me what's going on."


Where Will I Belong 2 ?

Patt's Index