Summary: Man, leave Conner and Ellison alone for one night and see what happens. :) Not exactly what you think.


Where Will I Belong 2?
Ramblin Rose


Jim gladly carried Blair's luggage up the stairs and into the loft, considering he needed something to cover the wet spot on his pants. He smiled thinking about that. But the smile faded as he realized, Blair might not be smiling in a few moments.

He took Blair's things upstairs and started unpacking them. At the same time he was changing into some clean boxers and slacks. Blair called up the stairs, "Get your ass down here Jim. You don't need to unpack my things yet. You can do that later. We have things to discuss. Staying up there won't make it go away."

Again, Jim found himself smiling just thinking about this wonderful man. He loved Blair so much and hoped that he wouldn't leave him when he found out what happened.

Blair and Conner watched Jim come down the stairs, and Blair couldn't help but think Jim looks like a man that is on his way to his own execution. Man, what the hell are they going to tell me? He was getting more nervous as Jim got closer.

Jim heard Blair's heartbeat speed up and said, "Chief, calm down, things will be just fine." God, I hope so, Jim thought.

Conner walked over to the sofa and said, "Sandy, come and sit down, we have something to tell you."

Blair walked over and sat next to Jim. Jim could smell the fear on him. Jim leaned over and kissed Blair on his ear and whispered, "don't worry, babe. Everything will be fine. I love you, we're just fine."

Blair leaned into him and Conner started. She said, "Okay, Sandy, I'm going to start by explaining about our stakeout and we'll go from there. And please don't interrupt. We want to get it over with and then we can answer anything you have to ask."

Blair glanced at both of them and said, "All right, sounds good to me. So start. I want to hear it right now."

Jim started, "Conner and I had a stakeout assignment last night at a bar. We were supposed to watch for Tony Moreno and had heard that he might be hanging around there. Well, we both ordered a Coke, nothing else and the next thing we woke up here at the loft in the same bed."

Blair's heartbeat was beating double time. He tried to remain calm but he couldn't. He jumped up from the sofa and said, "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. You slept with Megan? You fucker."

And he rushed into the bathroom before either of them could say anything. Jim was hitting his head on the back of the sofa, wishing it was harder and he could do some damage. Blair would probably feel sorry for him if he had blood running down his face. Hell, I am desperate, Jim thought.

Conner went to the bathroom door and said, "Sandy, you promised to listen until we were done explaining things. You didn't keep your promise."

Blair opened the door and stormed out and said, "Oh fuck you, Conner. Oh I guess that would be my life partner's job, right Jim? You fucker. And how dare you tell me I'm not keeping my promise. Seems to me that my best friend and lover didn't keep his promises. And what about you Conner, you are one of my closest friends. You told me once that I could tell you everything, and this is how you repay me?"

Jim got up and went over to the front door jam and started banging his head on it, over and over again. Each time, he hit it harder. He was hoping to draw blood soon. This idea didn't seem that odd anymore. Blair might listen to him for about two seconds if Jim was bleeding. A headache was a small price to pay.

Blair saw that Jim was going to really hurt himself soon, so he got up and went over and pulled Jim away from the door jam. "Jim, you want to tell me what the fuck you're doing?"

Jim looked at him with such sadness in his eyes; Blair thought he would cry, as Jim said, "Chief, you have to listen to us. You really do. Things aren't always what they seem. And then sometimes they are worse. It's all on the way you look at it, I guess. Whatever you decide afterwards, I'll abide by your decision."

"Fuck you, Ellison," Blair yelled, "you think you are so gallant, don't you? Well, you're not. You're a big jerk. Fine, I'll sit and listen to the stupid story I'm sure you have cooked up. And then I'll be leaving."

Blair went plopped himself onto the sofa. He had his face in his hands and he waited for them to talk to him.

Conner started by saying, "Sandy, I can't believe that you would think that we'd hurt you in any way. You know us both way too well for that. Now please just let us explain and then we'll talk about everything else.

Jim just looked so sad as he glanced over at Conner and began by saying, "Okay, when Conner woke up, she had no idea how we got in the bed together. Neither of us remembers a thing and all we had to drink was a Coke. So, we knew right away that someone drugged us. We talked about a lot of things and decided that we'd have Dan Wolfe take some blood for testing and see what we were given."

Blair took his hands away from his face as he said, "Man, I'm so sorry Jim. So you didn't sleep with anyone. Well, not that kind of sleep anyhow. Babe, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions."

Jim said, "Well, don't go and forgive us for anything yet, Chief, I'm not done." Blair's face fell when Jim said that. Shit, he thought what is going on?

Conner said, "Okay, Jim, my turn. I'll see if I can tell him somewhat better than you did. Sandy, I woke up in you and Jim's bed. Both of us were naked. I don't know how we got there. At first I figured it was some kind of joke, but then I realized that we had sex. Unprotected sex. Sandy you know me well enough to know that I'd never have sex without a condom. You know this right? So, then I was getting a little nervous."

Jim said, "Okay, so then she woke me up and told me and after I freaked out about you finding out, she and I decided maybe we wouldn't even tell you. Because we didn't remember a thing about it." Jim saw the face Blair was making, like he was ready to run out of the room again, so Jim said, "So we decided we needed to tell you and explain the whole thing to you."

Conner looked over at him and thought, wait a minute, and didn't Jim just skip a part of the story? For once in her life, she was glad Jim didn't have to be so fucking truthful.


Where Will I Belong 3?

Patt's Index