-- Dear Journal 5 --
Partners

by Patt Paulos-Darrow


April 1, 2000

Dear J:

You are never going to believe this. I went to the game with Rafe tonight and he said that Jim has been really depressed lately. And Rafe told me he just knows it is because he misses having me there every day. I guess since I started the academy, he has been in a very foul mood. I smiled as he told me this. Rafe also said that everyone in the bullpen missed me. I was stunned when he said this. Wishing and hearing are two totally different things. Rafe is a very good friend. I will have to thank him for telling me about Jim. Maybe there is a chance; he does have feelings for me. Jim, I mean. Maybe not exactly the same, but what the hell? I'm not picky right now. Okay, J, I have decided that I'm going to push this a little further, I'll make a great dinner tomorrow night and make Jim's favorite dessert. And then I am going to tell him how lonesome I have been. And I'm going to ask him if he trusts me to be his backup. These are things I really need to get out in the open, don't you agree? Oh shut-up, I know it was your idea. Haha. I won't go as far as to tell him that I'm in love with him. I don't want him having a heart attack before I ever become his partner. I love the sound of that. His partner. What shall I make for dinner? Any ideas? Wouldn't I just shit if you answered me? Haha. Hey J, a thanks for being here, this is helping. I feel pretty good.

On to my little poem. :)

Okay, I am slowly losing it. These are getting sappier by the day. But this is really how I feel. This is working, J, I'm glad I'm doing this. See ya.

BS


Next

Back to Patt's Stories Index