Realm of the Senses

Hero for a new millennium

This montage ad tries to capture the feel of The Sentinel, coupling it with the slogan 'a hero for a new millennium.' Somewhat corny, I know, but it works.

The larege animated gif has spiffy fades, but the filesize is so large it probably isn't worth putting on your site unless you know you have a fast web server and you don't mind slowing down your visitors. I created a simpler animated gif as well, though the static jpg has the smallest filesize. These are the biggest web files.

There is no flyer based on this ad because I did not get permission to use these images. Why, then, do I feel safe creating a web version? It has to do with perception. The Powers That Be are less likely to object to a small web ad than a paper flyer that has been plastered all over. Paper has a sense of eternity, while removing a web ad is simple and painless, and leaves no traces behind. (That's the perception, of course.) Plus, I think it unlikely that a Powers That Be would be actively surfing the web, while some well-meaning fan could easily enclose a flyer with their latest missive to support The Sentinel. That paper flyer gets passed around, and pretty soon everyone's annoyed that they have to hunt me down to protect their copyright.

This ad will be available in cling film when I can find a reliable vendor. My first attempts have been disappointing. If you know a cling film that works with Epson printers, let me know!

Hero static

 
Hero small animated gif
 
Hero large animated gif
 

100% | 5 senses | superheroes | ad downloads | Realm

SEE IT ALL FROM THE BEGINNING.
AFTERNOONS ON THE SCIFI CHANNEL.