"I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
but now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting bounds..."


From the looks of this picture, I was born to be on a horse!

My passion for riding horses began when I was a little girl. However, like most little girls, my passion could not be fulfilled because my parents could not afford such a venture and felt that horseback riding was a dangerous sport.  In fact, everytime I would ask to take lessons, I would be signed up for something different -- hockey, baseball, art, dance, you name it!  However, my determination kept me going until one day I decided that I was going to ride horses.....

"If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly, I believe I can fly, I believe I can fly..."


Though I always wanted to ride, pony rides at the zoo just didn't cut it!

The first horse I first learned Western riding was on Louie. I was new at horseback riding and felt that I should learn Western saddle before even tackling the English saddle. However, after a few tries at Western saddle riding, I grew bored very easily. I wanted very much to learn hunter/jumper.

"See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me..."


Cowboy Jazz! :)  Louie and me taking a break.

By the time I got to university, I was riding English and I learned more than riding though through the university, I learned how to care, love, feed and show horses, by their looks, not riding them.  The first horse I ever showed was Sierra and we placed fifth.  Not bad for my first try at this new sport!

"(I can fly) I believe I can fly..."


Sierra and me at College Royal.

When  I left university, I had riding knowledge under my belt and was enrolled in a riding school.  I was definitely on my way to where I wanted to be as a kid!  I was abit discouraged for awhile but with the help of some very special horses and the inspiration of my hero -- Big Ben, I was well on my way.

"(I can fly) I believe I can fly..."


Big Ben, Sandi (his groom) and me.

"(I can fly) I believe I can fly...fly, fly, fly..." - R. Kelly

Below is the gallery of horses that I have loved and some of those who I have lost --

       Darby           Argyll        Monday        Samson        Luke
       Griffen         Riding Buddies        Other Horses

Back to Special Agent Jazz Files