Go to notes and disclaimers


Back Door to Heaven II
by Orithain


They walked along the highway for a very long time. Oddly enough, no one seemed to want to stop for two winged men. Either that or they weren't visible to ordinary humans as Mulder suggested. Alex pointed out that the motorists increased speed when they got close to them seemed to contradict that theory, and Mulder sulked.

"Just because we're stuck together... or are we?... doesn't mean you get to take Scully's place and poke holes in all my ideas."

Alex rolled his eyes. "Sure, Mulder, whatever you say. That guy speeding past us at something like the speed of light can't see us. He's craning his neck this way with an expression of shocked fear 'cause of deforestation."

Mulder stopped talking to Alex and stomped down the road ahead of him. Alex didn't really mind since that let him watch Mulder's truly great ass. He couldn't believe that the other man -angel?—still hadn't realized that he took every opportunity to ogle him.

"Of course I realize that," Mulder scoffed with a contemptuous glance over his shoulder.

Krycek stopped in his tracks, staring at Mulder. "What did you just say?"

"I said that I know you check me out," Mulder replied, less than patiently.

"But why did you say that?"

Mulder looked at him like he was nuts. "Because you just commented that you couldn't believe that I didn't realize it."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did!"

"No, I... Shit, this is ridiculous! I did not say that. I thought it."

"Yes, you..." Mulder trailed off as Alex's words registered. "You thought it?"

Alex nodded.

"But, that's crazy. I don't believe I can suddenly read your mind."

Alex shrugged. "One way to make sure. Scientific experimentation. What am I thinking now?"

Mulder started to shrug, then blushed, his eyes widening. His lips parted and his tongue appeared to wet the suddenly dry skin.

Alex grinned. "Yup, you can read my thoughts. Now let's see if it works both ways." He focussed on Mulder, wondering what he should be doing, and suddenly it was as if he was inside Mulder's head. It wasn't like on TV where it was all neat and tidy like having a conversation. Instead he was aware of every thought and feeling Mulder experienced as if they were his own, but he knew they weren't. It was actually kind of interesting to feel arousal secondhand. It seemed that Mulder had liked what he was thinking about during the first part of their little experiment.

Alex started to build on that theme, imagining Mulder naked and aroused, lying wantonly open to him, and he felt the rush of lust shudder through both of them, doubling and redoubling as it was reflected back and forth between them. He felt as if he could come just from this, and he felt Mulder start to shake. Suddenly it was too much and they tore their minds free of each other, hiding behind mental walls they somehow managed to throw up.

Both men sank to the ground, needing to sit and rest after that overwhelming experience. Alex glanced over at where Mulder sat, his knees drawn up against his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around his legs, and his head resting on his knees. Hazel eyes returned his gaze with wry humor.

"I guess we know why we were thrown out of heaven now, huh?" Mulder sighed. He couldn't even manage to do dead the easy way.

"What do you mean?" Alex wasn't following his logic.

"Don't you remember, Alex? That started to happen when we were still in heaven, and we actually shook the foundations of the place. They sent us down here because we can't actually damage the physical plane, and they told us that we couldn't come back till we learned to control ourselves."

Alex blinked in surprise, the memory coming back to him. "So, in order to get back into heaven, we have to stop lusting after each other?" He didn't sound happy about the prospect.

"Well, that would be the ideal solution, but I don't think it's very likely," Mulder admitted irritably. "We need to learn how to control it so we don't get caught in some crazy feedback loop."

"And just how would you suggest we do that?" Alex snarled. He'd wanted Mulder for years and didn't think that was going to go away anytime soon.

Mulder sighed. "How else? We fuck ourselves into oblivion until we can manage it without wrecking the world around us. We'll learn to control it eventually so that we don't affect more than ourselves."

Alex's face lit up. "For once, Mulder, you've come up with a great plan." He grinned toothily, starting to edge closer.

"No!" Mulder held up a warning hand. "Not until we're someplace where we're guaranteed no interruptions."

Alex looked at him silently for a long moment, then got to his feet and walked toward the parking lot at the rest area just visible off the exit. He headed straight for a large, luxury sedan, swiftly breaking in and hotwiring it while Mulder watched in openmouthed astonishment.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting us transportation to that quiet spot you mentioned. We'll hole up somewhere in DC and do some of that fucking ourselves into oblivion that you mentioned." He looked over where Mulder was still standing outside the car. "Coming?"

Mulder groaned and slid inside, settling his wings over the back of the seat. What had he gotten himself into?

xx

Part III

Note/Disclaimer: This idea and the start of what's turned into a list-wide (come out of hiding right now!) round robin belong to Shadow Omega. I'm just moving it along a little. Mulder and Krycek, sans wings, belong to CC, but I'm not sure he'd want them like this.
Author Email: orithain67@sympatico.ca

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]