Go to notes and disclaimers


Dark Angel's Fire
by Megaera

Part XIII
Resistance


Dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragon's fire and of things that will bite.
Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight.
Exit light: enter night.
Take my hand, we're off to Never Never Land.......
Metallica‹lyrics to Enter Sandman

Alex Krycek stared in depression at his reflection in the mirror of his hotel room. He had finally returned, to find the place empty. Kulain and Fox were elsewhere. He didn't really know who that person in the reflection was anymore. Once upon a time, he was told, he had been a moderately effective F.B.I. agent. He had betrayed the cause of justice to become an assassin for a rogue element of the U.S. Government. Then he had fallen for Fox Mulder, and been swept up into Kulain's orbit, the two events happening more or less simultaneously. A period of blissful stability had ensued, which ended in his being injured and losing all but a few memories of his life so far. Confused images mostly, that made little sense to him.

All he had now were his loving partners. Who were apparently eager to amuse themselves with any passing slut who came along. Had it always been like this? Maybe it had. Maybe they had often been unfaithful to each other, and the fairly monogamous relationship they shared since his injury was the anomaly! Mulder had led him to believe that they were lovers who meant the world to each other. So why did Mulder lust after that..... that..... WHORE!

His relationship with Kulain seemed to be built on shifting sands too. He had taken a long time to get over his fears that Kulain would rend him to shreds, as other demons would have. It had been so hard to learn trust. There was a part of him, even now, that whimpered and shrank away from Kulain's dark side. But being with the demon was so exhilarating too. The incredible strength that could keep his insecurities at bay. The fabulous sex, and the protective feel of his lover's arms around him. Arms that, even now, were probably enfolding the stupid, shameless.........

How could they both want HIM!

The slut was younger and sweeter and hotter, that's why. Not some half mad, world weary ex-assassin, who was so full of anxiety that he could barely manage to walk down the street without checking that Mulder wasn't running out on him.

Damn! Had he really spent half of his life as a hard-as-nails killer. He knew his instincts for self-preservation were effective, his time in New York had told him that. But he didn't feel comfortable any longer with guns and knives, and other accoutrements of the killing art.

Human weapons.

He stared down at his hands, unsheathing the weapons he carried as part of himself. New instincts that had been programmed into him told him that these weapons were far more effective for killing. A part of himself that he could command as easily as breathing. He unsheathed his long, demon given talons and smiled as a plan unfolded in his mind. A natural born killer, was he? Why not put that to the test. Why had Kulain gifted him with these dark instincts, if he wasn't intended to use them? Demons fought all the time, he knew that from watching their species. Why shouldn't he use his talons to get what he wanted?

Silently, he moved towards the door, his mind plotting out the dark plan he hoped to put into effect. It was the first time he had smiled in two days.

Now where would the SLUT be at this time of day?

xx

Fox Mulder sighed tiredly and rubbed his eyes tiredly. He was close to exhaustion this morning, and no wonder. He had spent half the night wandering round this godforsaken town looking for Alex. But Alex didn't want to be found at the moment. Mulder pushed away the guilty memories of a warm body in his arms, not Alex, but so temptingly close....... And now he had to spend the day trying to sort out this case. His profiling experience told him that his quarry would be getting more confident now, having eluded capture for so long. And an over-confident killer made mistakes. It was a vital time in the investigation. He couldn't just walk away from what was rapidly becoming a bloodbath. Not with such a flimsy excuse for all his hard working law enforcement colleagues.....

I had a fight with my lover.....

He forced himself to concentrate on the words of the officer giving the briefing, something about physical traces of slime on two victims.

A slight movement at the door caught his eye, and several other officers also turned to frown at the latecomer. Officer Ricky Caruso looked slightly the worse for wear this morning. His shirt looked wrinkled, and he was displaying some spectacular bruises. And there was something else, that probably only Mulder noticed, having been there himself on numerous occasions. The younger man looked as if he had spent half the night being thoroughly satisfied by a lover. Something about the slightly sore way he moved, or the indefinable post-orgasmic fulfilment that came after a night in Kulain's arms. Mulder sighed. Kulain chose his moments to complicate their lives. Alex probably wouldn't come out of hiding for a week now! And when he finally showed his face there would be fireworks.

He was surprised that Ricky didn't look happier though. Memories of Kulain's talented approach to sex and the demon's sheer physical presence made Mulder grin automatically. Unless of course Kulain had done a little coercing of his partner last night. Which was more than possible, considering the demon's prodigious appetites, and the fact that he was otherwise alone last night. Mulder knew that Kulain would not hurt Ricky to get his way. In fact, the cop had probably greatly enjoyed himself.

Mulder sighed. The ethics of such a situation were slightly troubling. But having had Ricky in his arms, he found Kulain's appetites totally understandable.

Why was Ricky here today though? As far as Mulder knew, the younger man had been censured and told to stay at home. On suspension, Mulder thought. So why was Ricky risking the wrath of his boss by coming in to work today?

Green eyes flickered anxiously towards Mulder, and Ricky signalled him none too subtly, trying to get Mulder to follow him towards the rest rooms. Mulder grinned unconsciously. Tempting as the prospect was, he wouldn't risk further alienating Alex. Best to keep well away from the naive young cop. Although, having received an extensive education himself at the demon's hands , Mulder expected the younger man to quickly lose his innocence.

xx

Ricky desperately signalled Mulder, trying to attract his attention. He was becoming almost frantic with anxiety by now. From the moment he had woken that morning, he had been filled with a mixture of horror and self-loathing.

No

He wouldn't let his mind go back to the time when Kulain had.......

Taken

He forced the image out of his mind. Desperately. Hating the way his hands grew damp, and a heat seemed to centre itself between his legs.

The moment he woke up this morning had been one of the worst of his life. Curled up, no, curled against a damnably familiar, strong body. Knowing before he opened his eyes , who it was. Feeling the dried up remnants of their passion still lingering on his skin. And finally the last events, when he had broken his nails scrabbling about in the dirt, trying to free Kulain after some unimaginably powerful enemy had tried to obliterate the demon.

And now Ricky had a deeply unconscious demon in his bed.

What was he more frightened of? Kulain or the mysterious enemy?

Or being alone with no-one to turn to?

Fox Mulder had to help him. There was no-one else he could trust. Certainly not that mad look-alike who had attacked him for no reason. Well, almost no reason.......

Fox Mulder was almost as disturbing, in his way, as Kulain! But he would help. He was Kulain's lover, he would know what to do. How to make Kulain well and strong again. Wouldn't he?

Ricky almost missed his chance. Mulder emerged from the briefing room, headed towards the Chief's office. The one person Ricky did not want to meet today. Seizing his chance, the young cop dashed after the agent, unconscious of the fact that he had been noticed in full puppy-dog mode by several of his colleagues, who thought he was still yearning for Mulder. Desperate now, Ricky dashed forward, and placed himself directly in Mulder's path, so that the agent couldn't hope to overlook him. Mulder came to a halt, in surprise. Then a slight smile replaced Mulder's preoccupied frown.

"This isn't the right time or place, Officer Caruso!" His words were spoken kindly, and Ricky blushed abruptly, as he realised what this must look like. As if he had a silly schoolgirl crush on the agent.

"Please! We have to talk. It's important...... I......"

"Look," Mulder said. "I have to meet your Chief of Police now, he's expecting me. Why don't we meet across the street for coffee afterwards, and we can talk then!"

Ricky fell silent. It would have to do. In fact, it would probably be easier to talk, away from the eavesdropping of his colleagues. He nodded in satisfaction, and slowly turned away, making his way towards the nearby coffee shop, deep in thought.

Mulder smiled again. The younger man was so very appealing. But they would have to stop meeting like this. Did he really want to make Kulain's weakness public? A fairly neutral, but public location like the coffee shop would enable them to sort out this mess once and for all. He loved Alex, and he wasn't going to risk that ever again.

xx

Ricky was fairly predictable really. All Alex had to do was hang around outside the Police Department building until the younger man showed up. Alex recognised the car from his last abortive meeting with the cop. He hid, unnoticed in the nearest alleyway, and watched Ricky enter the building. Then, casually, he followed the younger man inside. He needed to know as much as possible about his rival before he decided the best place to deal with the little runt. Maybe a nice set of talon marks to scar that pretty face.....?

Unnoticed by anyone, after all, he had a perfect right to be there, Alex casually leaned against the wall of the corridor, outside the main operations room. From here, he could look through the big glass partition and watch what Ricky was doing, without making his surveillance too obvious. His rival appeared to be looking for someone. Then Alex froze, even as he saw Ricky do the same. For a moment, the attention of both men was on one figure. Fox Mulder.

Almost immediately, Alex realised who Ricky had been waiting for. He watched with bated breath as the slut tried to catch Mulder's attention, unsuccessfully. Mulder disappeared into the briefing room. Alex growled softly under his breath as he watched Ricky pace too and fro, evidently highly agitated.

When Mulder emerged once again, the runt actually ran up to Mulder, forced him to stop and started a conversation, all the while staring at Mulder with big green eyes filled with desperate longing. The runt was actually blushing!

Alex clenched his fists so hard that he could feel his talons sinking into the flesh of his palms.

Mulder smiled at the WHORE and reached out a hand to touch the little snake on the shoulder in gentle reassurance. He said something to Ricky and the cop's face lit up in evident relief.

Alex felt a red mist descending across his vision. He turned and fled the building, his natural caution preventing him from betraying his feelings so publicly.

The SLUT was going to DIE!

xx

Ricky sat, drinking his third cup of coffee and stared hard at the clock on the wall. Soon, Mulder had said. It had been an hour and a half. He came to a decision and headed across the room to the phone booth in the corner. Dialling the familiar number of the station, he asked to be put through to Agent Mulder. There was a long pause. Then the voice of the operator returned, telling him that Agent Mulder was no longer in the building and could she take a message?

Damn! There must be some sort of development on the case, or Mulder would certainly have met him. He seemed the reliable sort. With a sigh, Ricky abandoned the remains of his coffee, he was wired enough already, and headed home. He probably should check on Kulain anyway. He could ring the station again later and arrange a new rendezvous with Mulder. He just hoped that Mulder would be back soon.

xx

Alex watched the enemy walk away from the coffee shop and head down the street. He followed, keeping to the shadows as best he could, and trying to remain inconspicuous. Ricky crossed the street at the next intersection and disappeared from view. By the time Alex had reached the spot, he was gone, but Alex caught sight of him a moment later, heading towards the last building in the row of houses, right on the edge of town. He watched as Ricky climbed the steps of the apartment building and went inside. After a few moments, Alex followed. He stared coldly at the small name-card bearing his hated rival's name.

"Enrico Caruso"

Alex smiled grimly. At this time of day, there were fewer witnesses around than at night. Everyone was out at work. Give the slut a few minutes to relax and he might be able to catch Ricky off guard. Alex reached out and with slow deliberation, obliterated Ricky's name from the card with one extended talon.

xx

Ricky found everything in his apartment unchanged since this morning. Kulain was still unresponsive on the bed. And as far as Ricky could tell, he hadn't moved an inch. That would be too much to hope for. Sighing, he headed back towards the kitchen. He was unaccountably hungry. It was only a couple of hours since he had grabbed a late breakfast. Maybe the anxiety was making him want comfort food. Or maybe his activities last night had involved so much effort that his energy reserves were low. He blushed, and cursed himself for his weakness in doing so. He decided he would treat himself to a sandwich, maybe something rich and meaty. But would it go with pickle......?

The doorbell rang.

His mind preoccupied, he was oblivious to any possible risk as he opened the door, expecting to see some salesman or possibly the representative of some religious organisation. He certainly wasn't expecting the furious, snarling being who launched himself at the young cop without warning

With a shout of terror, Ricky felt himself falling, then he was on his back on the floor, with a maddened Alex Krycek on top of him, screaming his hatred, reaching for him with fearsome claws. He yelled at the top of his voice for help, but there was no-one to hear him. Alex had picked his time well, and had even quietly checked the neighbouring flats for tenants before his assassination attempt. Alex was so strong. Ricky saw the claws lash towards his face, and somehow managed to catch hold of Alex's wrists before the enraged man could claw his eyes out. But Ricky could feel his strength being sapped, and he knew he couldn't hold this madman at bay for much longer. Desperately he brought his legs up and kicked.

Alex was thrown sideways by the impact, and Ricky scrambled to his feet, turning as he did so, to flee the room. Too late and far too slow. Alex slammed into him from behind, and he felt himself going down. With a whoof, he landed on his stomach, with Alex on top of him. Those long and deadly talons sank into the muscles of his shoulders, and try as he might, he couldn't get free. Alex was far too strong and held him down effortlessly in this position. Sobbing now, he began to beg Alex to let him go.

xx

Delicious triumph

It had really been so easy. Alex could believe now that this had been a way of life for him. He felt no remorse whatsoever. Only satisfaction. The little bitch would die and leave the field clear for him to carry on with his life. The only sound now was the pathetic whines it made as he tormented it slowly, like the prey that it was. He felt so good. So strong and powerful. The slut whimpered and struggled a little under him. He tightened his talons and the prey's struggles subsided. He could feel Ricky trembling beneath him as he sat astride the human, holding him down. Irresistible then, to lean forward and whisper a promise to the little slut.

"You're going to die! You touched what was mine.....!"

To his amusement, the human whimpered and began to beg. Alex grinned and felt another tremor take hold as Ricky felt a hot breath against his neck. Alex was beginning to enjoy this immensely. Again, he gave way to an irresistible impulse, and assertively bit the slut on the warm flesh at the nape of Ricky's neck. He heard the younger man cry out.

Alex was beginning to feel odd. Strange urges were taking over. Unfamiliar impulses. He wanted to kill the interloper, didn't he? To rend and tear. To force the human to.... to..... His teeth still gripping Ricky's neck, he shook his head a little, felt the prey moan in pain and.........

It was so hot in here.

The prey smelt good, so good and he was tasting the skin and......

Feeling the warmth beneath him, so yielding, so right and belonging to him and.......

Rubbing himself against the other, and feeling the sweet body pressed against his and.......

.....Hot, so hot........

He was HARD, and the other was making little mewling noises and arching against him and opening itself to him and.......

.........slut..........

Riding Ricky, and pressing him down and.........

........Mine.........

xx

Ricky had fought so hard to get away, uselessly. He tried to move, to dislodge the weight on his back. But the pressure of Alex's body held him pinned helplessly to the floor.

"Please!" He begged unashamedly. But his captor mercilessly tightened his claws in the younger man's shoulders until Ricky was whimpering in pain. Then he felt the warm breath against his neck and tensed instinctively. Alex was like a wild animal, and Ricky felt so afraid.

He yowled in shock as Alex bit him. He struggled, and the grip the other man had tightened in warning. Ricky ceased his struggles with another whimper.

He could smell his own fear.

He could smell his attacker. they were so close. A faintly musky male scent, not unpleasant, just odd, dizzying.

He tried to shake his head to clear it. But the movement made him acutely aware of the position he was in. Face down on the floor, with a strong, powerful male atop of him. Holding him down. Pressing him firmly to the floor. So domineering. So ready to take what he wanted.

Ricky moaned a little.

......it was so hot.....

He could feel the impressively muscled body hard against his back.

.........so good........

Alex was beginning to rub himself against Ricky, a motion demanding a response. Dazed, Ricky felt himself surrendering to that touch. Arching against the other, gasping in time to the movement. Sucking in huge lungfuls of air as the heat inside him mounted. There was no thought in this. Only the response to Alex's forceful demands.

There was a hard and aching presence between his legs. A wave of sexual desire claiming him. Requiring his submission. He opened his legs wide to admit the claimant. Hands were ripping at his/their clothes, baring him, a prize to be taken. And he wanted it. Needed it.

Instincts he didn't understand were compelling him to give himself to the dominant male. Offering himself for the other to do with as he will.

.....yesyesyes.....

"Alex!"

The voice cut through the haze in both men's minds. Demanding attention.

"No, Alex!"

Alex whimpered in denial, tried to ignore the familiar voice, He didn't want to let go of the prey. It was wrong of the voice to demand it. Not when he was so close to sinking himself inside the welcoming body and relieving the aching need inside him.

"No, Alex. You may only take what I give you!"

The voice pushed the instincts back irretrievably far. With a low sob, Alex pulled away from Ricky, and huddled next to him on the floor, arms wrapped around himself. Dazed, he stared at his rival, the shredded clothed, the scratch marks he had left across the other's skin. The bite mark.

Oh god. He had been about to.......

He found himself shivering in reaction. Ricky slowly pulled himself upright and stared in fear at his attacker. Their eyes met, then both men rapidly looked away from each other, neither willing to admit how close they had come to an unwanted intimacy. Both turned instead to the only thing in the world that could have broken the spell of their pheromone induced behaviour.

Kulain leaned against the wall, watching them as they slowly regained control over their bodies.

"There are instincts too dangerous for you to waken, Alex!" Kulain shook his head. "Keep away from him, or you'll both find out why!"

Then, before Alex Krycek's shocked gaze, the demon slid down the wall with an almost graceful movement, in a dead faint.

xx

The sorcerer was triumphant. His ally had a brilliant grasp of tactics, and their plan was even now being put into operation. Quite simple really. He wished that he had thought of it himself. Of course, he didn't have the advantage of a disguise. His ally now possessed the body of a respected law officer , and could wreak much havoc in that guise. And muddy the waters in the search for them. There were only a few small obstacles to overcome before the dark powers were triumphant in this town. The three demon kin, Mulder, Krycek and Worrell. Even now the first of those obstacles was being slyly removed from their path.

xx

Mulder couldn't quite understand what had gone wrong. One minute he had been determinedly trying to convince the Police Chief of his suspicions concerning their serial killer. The Chief had seemed to listen patiently for a while. Then he had pulled out a white form. Mulder recognised it as a standard witness statement. He frowned. Was there new evidence? There were undercurrents here that he couldn't quite fathom.

"Let me read this out to you," the Chief snapped, a sudden coolness in his tone. "The statement of Officer Grace Mayberry concerning an attack that was made on her two nights ago." He saw Mulder's eyes widen. "Yes, Agent Mulder! You may well look surprised!"

On the night in question, I was called to investigate an incident near the old graveyard. It was exceptionally foggy, and visibility was poor. I assumed Officer Caruso was following to provide back-up, but apparently he was still assisting a woman who had been attacked. Then I was jumped from behind. I think someone was hiding in one of the tombs at that end of the graveyard. I screamed, then my attacker hit me a few times. He thought I was stunned or unconscious, and he dragged my body into the tomb and left me there. I managed to crawl out of there, once he had left, and I hid until daybreak, so that I could be sure he had gone. I recognised my attacker. It was Agent Fox Mulder!

"Well, Agent Mulder? How do you account for that?"

xx

"What the hell have you done to him?" Alex turned a disbelieving gaze on Ricky. He moved forward to kneel at Kulain's side and unsuccessfully tried to revive his lover. Kulain was once again as deeply unconscious as before, having exhausted his meagre reserves of strength in ending their conflict. Alex glared accusingly at Ricky who shook his head in denial. Alex rose to his feet and advanced on Ricky, his eyes blazing green with fury.

Ricky backed up as far as he could go in the small apartment room, and held his hands out in front of him to ward off any attempt at attack that Alex might make. Alex moved until the two of them were face to face, almost touching.

"I didn't do anything. I swear...."

Alex growled, deep in his throat. The younger man paled. Alex was dizzyingly, frighteningly close now, and Ricky was finding it hard to breathe, his chest rapidly rising and falling as he felt his knees go weak. Only the wall behind him was keeping him from falling once more to the floor. He had the crazy urge to find out what his hated rival's lips tasted like. Alex was staring at him, his expression no longer hostile, but as dazed looking as Ricky. Alex raised his hand as if to touch the bare skin of Ricky's chest, exposed in a rip of his shirt.

He pulled back his hand suddenly, as if it had been burned, looking shocked. Then he backed away from Ricky, shaking his head.

It had nearly taken them again, despite their hatred of each other.

Wary now, Alex watched his rival silently.

"Truce. Please....!" Ricky whispered.

Green eyes assessed him, then Alex nodded reluctantly.

"Tell me what happened to Kulain," Alex said coldly

xx

Fox Mulder slowly extended his hands and let the detective clamp the handcuffs round his wrist. They had done their homework, before inviting him into the Chief's office. Cuffs specially delivered from Washington, designed to hold demonkind.

He could have run, taken out a few of the law enforcement officers who surrounded him. Killed to escape, as Alex would have done. Instead, he chose to wait in the holding cells.

He was far too ethical for that. He knew he was innocent. He knew Kulain was going to sort this mess out. Kulain would soon be walking in here with that amused smile on his face, demanding that the police chief let his lover go. He would tell them that Mulder had been with him when the assault took place. Mulder smirked in anticipation at the Police Chief's humiliation. And even if he did end up in the courthouse tomorrow, no court in the land would dare challenge Kulain's word.

He lay back on the bunk and stared at the cracks in the ceiling. It wasn't the first time he had ended up on the wrong side of the law. But he had never had Kulain to champion him before.

And Alex would probably find it hilarious, especially if he saw Mulder in the ridiculous orange prisoner's uniform. It might even make up for the tension of the past few days.

No. Fox Mulder wasn't worried. Not at all.

xx

Alex sat next to Kulain on the bed, watching the barely noticeable signs of life in his lover's body. He didn't know what to do next. He needed Fox here to help him decide. An unknown enemy who threatened them all. An enemy powerful enough to defeat Kulain! He shivered

Perhaps the fickle Amara would help. Alex knew things about her that Fox didn't. Things that might be useful in persuading her to help.

But where was his lover?

And did he want to bring Fox to this secret hideaway where Ricky Caruso would be in close contact with him. If Alex himself had barely been able to keep his hands off Ricky, then what chance had Fox?

The little runt had felt so surprisingly good beneath him. On the bottom, where he belonged.

xx Curled up on the sofa, well away from his two unwelcome guests, Ricky felt more confused than ever. Each day of his life seemed to get more complicated than the last. Within the space of a few days, he had explored a different sexual orientation, with no less than three males, been attacked several times, been suspended battered and bruised. All in all, he was absolutely fed up with it all. Despite his dreams of living an exciting life in California, he had quite enjoyed the peace and quiet of the little town. The normality. The lack of serious crime.

The pretty girls.

The absence of demons.

He didn't know what was going to happen to him next. But he knew one thing. He wasn't going to let Alex S.O.B. Krycek near him ever again. That humiliation, he could do without.

He really did hate that man. Absolutely.

And Fox Mulder could take a running jump too.

xx

Alex was also curled up, next to Kulain. In case his lover should wake and need him. Or advise him. He felt very lonely at the moment. Well, at least Sean was due back tomorrow, hopefully with helpful news from the library search he had undertaken. Where Fox was, he didn't know. There was no response from his hotel room, and no messages left for Alex. Mulder knew how anxious Alex could become when he was away for a while. He wouldn't have gone out, trying to solve the case without leaving a message. The Police Department operator had told him Mulder wasn't in the main office either.

Alex was more worried than he dared to admit, even to himself.

Well, at least the runt wasn't making puppy dog eyes at Fox.

The Ricky issue was almost as alarming. His body's reaction to the little slut. When they got close to each other, his hatred turned to something darker and more disturbing. He felt unfamiliar possessive urges that scared him, because he couldn't control them.

Kulain had known. And when he thought about it, he remembered the first time after his accident that Kulain had slept with him. The same feelings of being out of control, of surrendering to strange impulses. Kulain had been able to command his body despite his initial terror of the demon. In spite of it. He had been a virtual slave to Kulain's darker desires, ass in the air, begging for it........ Like the slut had! Like Sean did every time with Kulain, come to think of it.

Why?

Not that it would help him control himself, when he was close to the slut. He would just have keep his distance from Ricky. No matter how much he wanted to beat the living daylights out of that little........

With a snarl, he cursed his sudden surging erection, aroused at the mere thought of getting his.... hands..... on Ricky.

It was going to be a long night.

xx

Overwhelmed with feelings of inadequacy, ....his feelings at that point include rage that he will be rejected, fear that he has been abandoned and the drive for revenge.... F.B.I. Criminal profiler John Douglas.

xx

Lost in the darkness, he dreamed of far off times and places. Of a battle long past that once again threatened his life. And an old enemy returned, stronger and more cunning than ever before. Once he would not have fallen into so simple a trap. But years of easy living, and an aggression muted by the delights of his sweet humans had left him unprepared. When the attack finally came, he was almost immediately overwhelmed. His defenses swept aside by the darkness that threatened him. Perhaps if he had not been careless......

Perhaps if he had not learned to care for humans instead of using them as the rest of his kind did......

In the end it would have been better for them if he had just taken, for now the enemy would come and wipe out the last shreds of resistance. His lovers would die because of his carelessness, his enemy all too ready to obliterate even the small threat that they posed. Even now, he could sense the darkness closing in on one of them. Another was far away, but would soon return. The other two of his possessions were tangled in conflict and desire, oblivious to the danger. It was too late for him to prevent their interaction and the turbulent passions it would awaken.

Deep in the dream, he tried to warn them of the approaching darkness. But his warnings were unheard.

xx

"I'm sure I heard him cry out something!" Ricky said. He watched Alex as the older man soothingly stroked Kulain's forehead.

"Well, he's still unconscious as far as I can see." Alex leaned over and gently kissed Kulain's forehead. Then he straightened and glared at Ricky. "It was probably your imagination. I would have heard him, even next door in the shower!" Alex gave Ricky his most contemptuous frown and managed to convey an impression of utter disgust. The younger man looked troubled. As well he might. Not one but two strangers in his small apartment. A demon, and the not much more comforting presence of Alex, who made no secret of his hatred.

Then why did the sight of Krycek sitting next to Kulain in a borrowed bathrobe, send a surge of heat towards his groin. Ricky was beginning to think his mind was incredibly fucked up. To have reactions like this.... for him

He hated Alex. He really did. Somehow the man had a way of looking at him that made him feel like the lowest form of life. It wasn't as if Ricky's self confidence was high at the moment. The younger man was reluctant to admit it to himself, but he was more than a little afraid of Alex. Childishly, he settled on a rude gesture at his enemy's departing back, as Alex went to finish his ablutions.

Perhaps opportunely at that moment, the telephone rang. Sighing, the young cop picked up the handset and acknowledged the caller. With increasing surprise, he listened to his boss, as the Chief of Police invited him to return to work, his innocence of all charges having been established beyond doubt by his partner Grace. Then he was told why.....

xx

Mulder had been complacent at first, as he knew the charges against him were totally fabricated. But the time of triumph, when Kulain came like a knight in shining armor, to rescue his beloved seemed to recede as the night wore on. Mulder sat, staring at the wall, increasingly worried. Kulain would never leave him locked in here like this. Not without an urgent reason. He knew that Mulder felt uncomfortable when he wasn't in control of the situation. The thoughts ran round and round in Mulder's head. Where was he? His agitation must have been obvious to the other prisoners in nearby cells, they cringed, trying to make themselves less noticeable for the obviously not quite human companion who shared their prison.

Then a second uncomfortable line of thought intruded itself. If Alex found out, he would be frantic with worry. Since New York, Mulder had seen little evidence of the clever assassin whose tactical skills and insight verged on the brilliant on occasion. The independent, ruthless killer so fitted to life with Kulain. That dangerous edge that was so very arousing......

His beautiful, damaged Alex was surely not able to cope with extreme stress on his own. Alex needed him. Alex would fret and cry and shiver alone in his bed at night, longing for his two strong lovers to take care of him.

xx

The drive to the courthouse was fraught with tension. Ricky glanced apprehensively at his raging companion more than once. He had thought himself dead when he had to break the news of Mulder's arrest to Alex Krycek. The older man's eyes had flared in an almost luminescent green, and Ricky had instinctively shrank away from him. Even now, the young cop had to fight the terrible urge to prostrate himself on the ground before Alex and grovel, begging forgiveness. Trying to appease Alex's anger with a display of submission Fortunately, Alex's anger wasn't directed at him. The older man was furious with himself for leaving Fox. And at their enemy, for directing what was apparently a concerted campaign of hostilities against them. It couldn't be a coincidence that the moment Kulain was out of action, someone tried to take Mulder out of commission too.

Alex managed to rein in his temper as they got to the courthouse, in Ricky's inconspicuous old car. Alex had driven, somewhat erratically, and Ricky hadn't the courage to stop him.

"Keep your eyes open!" Alex said, as they exited the underground parking area. "I want to know if you see anyone you recognise, anyone who could be our enemy."

"And if I do....?" Ricky whispered.

Alex smiled, and Ricky was glad he wasn't in Alex's sights.

xx

Mulder stared out over the crowded courtroom, and almost immediately saw what he sought. Alex was just entering the room, and Mulder was surprised to see his lover in the company of Ricky Caruso. The last time he had seen Alex, his lover had been implacable in his hatred of the young cop. Somehow the two of them must have suspended their rivalry for long enough to work together. Mulder felt relief, at least on that score. But this didn't solve the mystery of Kulain's absence. Where the hell was he? No way would he leave Mulder to rot in the jail without a damn good reason.

He tried to catch Alex's eye, and momentarily succeeded. He managed to mouth one word before the big deputy behind him forced him to sit before the judge.

"Kulain?"

Alex shook his head and his eyes dropped.

Now what the hell did that mean. Was Kulain busy with something else? Or was he deliberately doing this to teach his humans some sort of obscure lesson. That was the trouble with having a lover from a different culture, whose perspective on life was, at times, distinctly non-human. Yet most of the time, it was so easy to forget what he was.

So he was on his own for the moment. Well, at least Alex seemed to be holding up under the strain. Probably Ricky was providing an unexpected source of strength. Mulder sighed. And he became even more disheartened when he heard the charges being read out and realised they were trying to pin most of this mess on him.

xx

Alex wasn't blind to the suspicious and hostile glances that many of the crowd were casting his way. As a tower employee and known friend of the accused, he was regarded as half guilty already. And Ricky was also attracting his share of attention. The resemblance between the two men seemed to make most people assume they were related. So Ricky was getting a share of the fallout.

The outcome of the hearing was predictable. There was no way Alex could have broken Mulder out of the courthouse with the high level of security present, and Alex just had to watch in dismay as His Fox was refused bail and sent to the county lockup to await trial. Alex whimpered softly to himself. Ricky momentarily turned to look at him, seemingly puzzled, and Alex subdued him with a fierce glare. Damn Kulain. Damn this whole accursed town. It was all descending on Alex, the responsibility for this whole mess. There was no-one else, with Fox locked up. Sean wasn't a fighter, and Ricky was far too young and inexperienced, despite his show of bravado.

Ricky may be a slut, but the little runt didn't lack courage though.

Alex sighed. He had to decide on a course of action. Soon, before word was spread that Kulain was out of commission. He decided to go back to the hotel and wait for Sean. Maybe the search of the Library of Congress papers had turned up something useful. Alex snarled at his younger rival to go get the car, and for once, the little slut did as he was told, though he resentfully muttered obscenities in Alex's direction. A stern look quelled the momentary rebellion, and Ricky slunk away to carry out his appointed task. In the meantime, Alex hung around the court entrance, hoping to catch a glimpse of Fox.

Ricky headed for the underground car parking area, furious at himself once again. Every time Alex wanted something, it seemed he was destined to obey, willing or not. In truth, Ricky was too scared of Alex to refuse his demands. The last thing he wanted was to feel Alex close to him again, to feel the hot breath of the older man against the back of his neck, as he made sure Ricky understood his position in the status quo. Below Alex. In every sense of the word.

How he hated Alex!

He was half-hard again.

So perhaps, it was carelessness that made their ambush so effective. Even as Ricky fumbled the car keys out of his pants pocket, the three zombies attacked him. There was no warning, just a sudden weight crashing into him from the side as he reached for the door of the car. With a yell of surprise, he fell, and for the second time in his life, he was pinned down by a zombie. This one was far riper than the last, and with its two companions, was more than strong enough to take care of the young cop.

Ricky couldn't move. No matter how he tried. It was like trying to fight his way through treacle. Any blows he aimed at the creature were absorbed without effect by the oozing corpse. It smiled, showing teeth through rotting lips. Then the dank wetness of its body was leaning over Ricky and pressing itself over his face. He tried to scream, tried to twist his head away. But its intent was obvious and effective. It would smother him in the folds of its rotting flesh.

Ricky couldn't breath. There was only the foulness surrounding him, blocking his airways, the weight on his chest excruciating. He began to struggle frantically, fighting for air. He was choking, vileness flooding his mouth, stars exploding behind his eyes as his brain began to starve from lack of oxygen.

His struggles grew weaker, and he felt himself falling into the darkness, almost welcoming the freedom from pain it promised.

xx

Where the hell was the stupid little fuck now? Alex was growing impatient. He felt a momentary pang of guilt. It wasn't Ricky's fault that Alex was in an evil mood. It was the result of seeing Mulder led away to a prison bus, hands cuffed behind him, feet shackled so he could only walk in an ungainly shuffle.

Damn them all.

Well if the only choice left to him was to kill them and break Fox out of jail, he would do even that. But only as a last resort. Maybe Sean had turned up something useful. And if Ricky hurried up with the car, they might find out. Sean was due back at the hotel in an hour. Sighing again, Alex headed for the parking garage, to see what the hold up was.

xx

Ricky was floating gently down a river, though he hadn't a memory of how he got there. So peaceful. So quiet. No feelings to torment him. No worries to detain him. A good place.

Someone was calling him though. He tried to ignore the intrusive voice. It was insistent though. The peace he had felt was beginning to slip away. He really didn't want to go back to that terrible pain-filled place. But the voice wasn't giving him a choice.

Breathe, you sorry son of a bitch!

There were monsters in the world, and Ricky knew they were waiting for him. He tried to slip away into the other place again.

Fight, Ricky!

A surge of fire and white-hot agony battered aside the last traces of restfulness.

Come back to me!

He sucked a huge breath into his tortured lungs, then he was coughing, choking, trying to expel the filth that was flooding his mouth. Someone was holding him steady, stroking his back as he was cradled in strong arms. Supporting his head as he began to breath on his own again. Weak as a kitten, he clung to his rescuer and was held. It seemed like forever before his strength began to trickle back into cold, shivering limbs.

At last he managed to raise his head from where it rested against someone's chest. It was Alex who was holding him steady! He was sprawled on the floor in Alex Krycek's arms. And all around them were the remnants of zombie bodies, rotten fragments strewn in every direction. As if a whirlwind had run them down, tearing them to pieces in the process. The older man was firm strength against Ricky as he slowly recovered his strength. Then Alex led him to the nearby men's room and half supported Ricky as he leaned over a sink, trying and eventually succeeding in ridding himself of the foul traces of his attacker's assault.

Alex had rescued him. Alex must have attacked the zombies and saved him. And Alex had resuscitated him. He had come as close as he ever wanted to death. Inevitably, a reaction set in.

Ricky began to shake uncontrollably in Alex's arms, his brush with death so horrifying that he momentarily let down his guard and clung to his rescuer without thought. Instincts sending him burrowing deeper into the warm embrace of his protector. The one who brought not only obedience but also refuge. Alex reacting too, enfolding him, steady as a rock and reassuring. Extending the zone of his vigilance to include his younger kin. And for a while, Ricky was content to be held. Needed it.

Alex gently stroked his hair. Definitely a mistake. Ricky suddenly became aware of who he was clinging to. The strong arms around him. The arousing presence of Krycek's body so close to him. It caught Alex by surprise too. The older man must have realised his error at the same instant as Ricky did. They stared at each other.

Ricky saw confusion and that by now familiar desire reflected in Alex's face. It mirrored his own feelings. Then Alex was irresistibly leaning forward, and Ricky no longer had a defense against him.

Alex kissed him. And somehow this time Ricky didn't pull away from Alex. He instead opened his mouth and felt Alex's tongue take possession of his mouth. The kiss deepened, and Ricky felt himself melt into it. Letting Alex take this part of him. Moaning as he arched against Alex, surrendering himself to the older man's control. Offering himself this time, with no resistance. Part of him was shocked at his abandoned behaviour, but he found it no hardship now to ignore the gibbering part of his brain that protested so distantly. In fact, it was easier each time Alex touched him.

Alex too was surprised by his hunger for the younger man, who was proving how much of a slut he was. He felt so good. It was impossible to resist the luscious lips and the trembling body in his arms. So sweet a complication to his life. It would be so easy to become addicted to this. He knew then that he could enjoy the warmth of this human for a long, long time...... Alex felt as if he was standing in quicksand, fighting uselessly against the forces of nature. No longer in control of his feelings. And yet, ironically, it was Ricky's very acquiescence that helped him regain control. When Ricky made a soft sound of desire as Alex kissed him, it was so reminiscent of his beloved Fox....

That thought was probably the only thing that could have broken the spell of the human's lush body pressed against his. But it was one of the hardest things he had ever done, to push Ricky away from him and ignore the ache between his legs, the surging hardness that betrayed his body's desires.

He saw awareness and a fragment of sanity return to Ricky's face. The younger man dropped his eyes, blushing and concentrated on breathing deeply, getting his own impulses under control. When Ricky finally had the courage to look straight at Alex, there was anger there. And shame.

He was such a hot little bitch.

"What the hell do you want from me?" Ricky said hoarsely. Alex felt the quicksand under him become solid once more, as he realised how readily the younger man deferred to him. He grinned, enjoying his momentary advantage over the young cop. It gave him something to fight back with. A way to cope with his conflicting emotions, and incidentally, to keep Ricky in his proper place.

"A blowjob would be nice!" he said with a leer. Alex enjoyed seeing Ricky react with predictable outrage and disgust.

"Go to hell!" Ricky snarled.

"Been there, done that!" Alex retorted. And gestured towards the forgotten car. The journey after that was more than a little strained, but somehow even Ricky registered the danger Sean was in. He was expected soon, and if the enemy had attacked Ricky, then they would surely try for Sean too. At least Fox was temporarily safe. Alex didn't think a zombie would be able to penetrate the maximum security of the prison facility that held Fox.

"Pull over!" Ricky said in a hoarse voice. Alex glared at him but pulled in to the roadside. Ricky went round to the back of the car and unlocked the trunk. Alex heard him fumbling in the back momentarily. When he came back into the car, he was carrying a shotgun.

He grinned briefly at Alex's surprised expression.

"I thought this might come in handy!"

Then Ricky found himself blushing, as for the first time, Alex Krycek smiled approvingly at him. It felt unexpectedly good.

xx

Sean was unsurprised at the lack of welcome waiting for him as he pulled up outside the small-town hotel in the centre of Prospect. He always seemed to lag two steps behind the others. Generally relegated to second place, or forgotten altogether, when they were involved in some scheme or other. He sighed. By now he should be used to this, but it still hurt. At least Mulder could have called him to tell him the latest developments. But for the past two days, he had felt as if he was on another planet. It was a pity too, for he had uncovered some interesting facts in his study of the town's ancient records. Well it would have to wait. He was looking forward to taking a long shower and relaxing after the long journey.

The unfamiliar car screeched to a halt next to Sean as he started to climb the steps at the entrance of the hotel. As he watched in astonishment, the passenger door of the car was flung open and Alex leaned out.

"Get in. Now! It isn't safe here!"

Sean looked bewildered. He momentarily hesitated. Then there was a yell from the back seat.

"We got trouble! Across the street!"

The young cop Sean recognised from their previous meeting was watching a group of people gathering on the sidewalk opposite. There was something odd about the way they were moving. Sean didn't hesitate this time. He ran down the steps and dived in through the open car door, even as Alex hit the gas pedal. The car surged forward, the door still half-open.

The zombies were surprisingly quick. Already two of them were closing in on the car. Sean felt something seize his foot, and he kicked out, feeling the sickening jolt of his foot impacting with something not quite as solid as it appeared. The thing clung on gamely, even as the car moved away. To his horror, Sean felt himself being dragged out of the door.

Unexpectedly, It was the cop who saved him. Sean caught a brief flash of detonation as something long and dark was pointed past him. The zombie reeled backwards, its arm severed by the spread of pellets the weapon had discharged. Then Ricky was pulling him back into the moving car and slamming the door behind him.

They were past the first zombies, but others were gathered in the road ahead. Alex grinned savagely at them. With a not quite human snarl, he slammed down hard on the gas, and the car surged forward, aiming directly at them. Alex used his instincts to guide him into the perfect trajectory.

There was a sickening thud, and broken bodies flew up in the air, starring the windscreen and soggily thumping onto the ground nearby. The car rose as its wheels rode over something soft and bulky. Then they were free and clear, heading out of town. Alex laughed in exhilaration as he punched the air in triumph. At least half of the creatures had been taken out. Their enemy was stupid to rely on the rotten brains of his servants. Alex headed the car towards Ricky's home, careful to take only back-routes and disguise his final destination as much as possible.

"Alex! What the hell is going on?" Sean was bewildered. Alex sobered rapidly as he realised he was going to have to explain the peril they were in. And Kulain's problem.

Sean knelt by Kulain's side, extending his hands over the demon's unconscious body. Doing his best to sense the energy that he knew flowed in Kulain's body. He had little experience of anything like this. While he had been trained to control the evolving talents of his own mind, by Kulain's own mother, this was something way beyond his experience. Carefully, he extended his own mind out towards Kulain, doing his best to sense the energies that flowed from his lover's mind. The formidable powers he knew Kulain held in check, energies that could rip apart the world around him.

Nothing

Sean frowned. That shouldn't be possible. Even sleeping, there had always been some residual energy in Kulain's mind. Sensing those energies had been part of what drove Sean to the brink of madness, before he learned to block them out. It was as if there was a barrier between Kulain and the outside world.

Could it be that simple?

Were Kulain's enemies able to cut him off from the source of his power, knowing that no ordinary human would be able to detect their interference?

Not that understanding the problem made its solution possible.

Alex made a questioning sound when he saw the play of emotion across Sean's face.

"I think I know what the problem could be," Sean said. "The demonkind draw power from something called the Sith. I don't know what it is, but Amara tried to explain it a couple of times. I don't think it's something humans can really understand....... Kind of like a huge black diamond that exists in more than one dimension..... Kulain can reach out and touch it with his mind, and that gives him power." He shrugged perplexedly. "Something is blocking him, locking him out I think, and I don't know what we can do to help him!"

Alex had felt a flash of familiarity at the name Sean had used. Sometime, someplace, he had heard that before. Only it must have been from the time before he had lost so many of his memories, because try as he might, he couldn't bring the thought to mind. Only, there was a brief image of something vast and dark, dominating the horizon in some terrible, alien place.

He couldn't remember. Apart from that brief, tantalising image, the only time he had seen a similar black diamond was when Fox had playfully fitted a glittering ear-ring in his ear-lobe, and had slipped a matching one on himself. They were both stones of that description. In fact, the small jewels were probably still in his wallet, left there for safekeeping months ago when Fox had playfully started to bite Alex's lobe during a memorable session of foreplay.

He pulled out the wallet and let the two small stones tumble into his palm. Sean watched him curiously, then hissed as he saw the unexpected contents of Alex's palm.

"Where the hell did you get those?" Sean demanded, rounding on Alex.

"I don't know. As far as I know, Fox and I have had them forever."

The stones glittered with a not quite human glow, to Sean's surprise. Alex apparently saw nothing unusual about the ear-rings. But Sean's talent told a different story. Those stones were something else. Not jewelry at all, but a way to access the power of Kulain's kind.

"That sly...........! He knew! He had to have known! He left himself a way out of trouble, if he should ever need it!" Sean laughed in exhilaration. "Alex! Do you know what you're holding? Kulain's insurance policy! He safeguarded himself, leaving those with you. All we have to do is put them on him, and I think he'll be able to break free of whatever force is trapping him!"

"Are you sure about that?" Alex said in growing hope.

"No!" Sean said. "But what have we got to lose?"

xx

Alex was still too keyed up to sleep. He and Sean had put the strange jewels on Kulain's body and waited. And waited.......

Nothing! Three hours later and there was still no sign of change in their demon lover. He knew that their theory couldn't harm Kulain, but he had expected something to happen before now.

"So much for your theory!" Alex muttered to himself.

Ricky had fallen asleep within minutes of returning home. The adrenaline rush of the past few hours had left him exhausted. Not to mention the stress and horror of the attack. His mind and body had shut down as soon as he reached the imagined safety of his home. Now he was curled up on the sofa, fast asleep.

Alex stared resentfully at his rival. Ricky stirred in his sleep, and his head fell back, exposing a long, pale expanse of neck. Alex growled softly, and forced down the urge to mark the younger man's flesh as his own. Just the thought of biting Ricky's pretty neck was enough to make him half erect and aching. Perhaps Ricky could sense him, even through countless layers of sleep, for the younger man whimpered softly in return, and his limbs stirred, legs falling further apart, and one hand slipping down to rest against the slight bulge of his quiescent cock.

Alex closed his eyes momentarily, forced himself to look away. If only.......

He made his body turn and returned to the bedroom and there he watched Sean who was waiting for something, anything to happen. Sean looked up wearily, and shook his head. He frowned in concern when he saw the strain Alex displayed. He wrongly assumed it to be due to their other problems.

"Are you all right Alex? You look as though you've been under pressure a lot lately."

Alex didn't reply, just turned his intense green eyed gaze on Sean, who flushed at the intensity of emotion he could sense. Even with the barely-trained, small powers he possessed, he could hardly fail to notice the turmoil of Alex's thoughts. The burning, all consuming desire Alex felt. Again, his inexperience betrayed him, and he assumed that what he was sensing was Alex's passion for him. The thought of the young cop next door never entered his mind.

"Alex......!" Sean whispered, his mouth going dry as something predatory seemed to enter Alex's eyes. Sean moaned a little. He had never seen the older man like this before. Not so very intense. And the focus of Alex's desire altered as he perceived Sean's reaction to him, the scent of Sean's arousal, the trace of fear in the blue eyes.

Alex smiled.

Sean whimpered apprehensively. And yet, at the same time, he was more excited too. This new Alex was watching him intently, and Sean couldn't help but run his fingers across his chest and nipples, lips parting as he gasped at the sensations he felt.

This Alex knew what Sean wanted. What Sean needed. What Sean found so very addictive when Kulain took him hard and made him beg.

Alex did know. Sean wanted to be under him. Sean knew where he belonged. Not like the Slut who fought him and would probably weep like a girl when he was put in his place. The mere thought of what Alex wanted was making Sean offer himself wantonly to Alex, instinctively perhaps.

Alex seized Sean roughly, and dragged him down for a passionate kiss. Sean was safe. Sean would understand and tolerate his needs. Sean wasn't the little slut who seemed to weave his way to the centre of Alex's thoughts whenever he was in the same room as the younger man. Even in the courtroom, when he had been consumed with worry for his beloved Fox, he had been aware of the young cop at his side. Like feeling the heat of the sun against your body. Blindfolded, Alex could have reached out unerringly to Ricky in a crowded room. And at night, he fought desperate, stormy battles with himself. Longing to take possession of the man who he was rapidly coming to think of as his.

What the hell was he going to do? Well, at least for tonight, he could indulge himself in simple, uncomplicated sex. Sean was always keen to please when it came to that particular activity. Sweet, wanton Sean. Who would be only too happy to oblige Alex tonight to comfort him for the absence of Kulain and Fox.

When had he stopped thinking about them?

When had one all-consuming desire begun to blossom inside him?

When had he started to dream about a whimpering, writhing form beneath him, arching against him and welcoming the violent pleasures he promised?

Damn Ricky!

How could hatred feel so good?

xx

What had woken him? Ricky lay on the couch and listened, frowning. Something had woken him from a sound, deep sleep. A noise or sound of some sort. He didn't know what it was. Then the thought occurred to him. Perhaps it was Kulain. If the demon was recovering, then maybe Sean and Alex needed his help. Not that Alex would welcome him, but Kulain would surely approve of Ricky's loyalty. Ricky realized that Kulain's regard was very important to him, unexpectedly so. He still didn't understand what exactly Kulain had done to him, but he wasn't the same head-in-the- sand, arrogant young cop he had been a few days ago. Maybe that was a good thing.

He fumbled his way towards the door, caution making him ignore the light switch. He didn't want Alex to notice him and drive him away before he could speak to Kulain. The door was only open a few inches, and he peered curiously through it.

Fortunately the two men in the other room were far too occupied to notice his small gasp.

Alex and Sean were both naked, and their bodies gleamed with sweat as the two of them engaged in one of the oldest and most traditional forms of recreation known to man.

Sean was on his hands and knees, head bowed towards the ground, and Alex was pounding into him in a fierce rhythm that took no account of the other man's comfort. His hands..... no, his claws.... were clutching at Sean's shoulders in a cruel grip, leaving bloody scratches on the creamy flesh. Alex snarled and redoubled his efforts, his thrusts increasing in tempo, and Sean flung back his head and howled.

Ricky was frozen to the spot. He couldn't have moved if he had wanted to. He was hypnotized by the sight of Alex's body in motion. So wild and sensual, with an animal grace that terrified the younger man, yet he couldn't take his eyes away from it. Sean was moaning as he was taken, small sobbing cries as he was penetrated by Alex.

What was most frightening for Ricky was that Sean liked it. His cries were ecstatic and he was all too obviously aroused by what Alex was doing.

They were like two beasts in heat.

Ricky felt dizzy, sick and fascinated all at the same time. His head spinning, he leaned against the door frame, clutching at it weakly. The sounds, the smell of their sex...... it was making him feel faint, light headed. Strangely hot. He had the terrible urge to move into the room with them and lie down in front of Alex, raise his ass and beg for...... for........

He sobbed in humiliation.

Then Alex noticed him. Green eyes widened, then Alex grinned tauntingly, and redoubled his efforts to fuck the other man through the floor.

"Take it, bitch!" Alex snarled at Sean. But when he said it, his eyes were impaling Ricky. Then Sean screamed out loud, his body arching as he came, his body jerking wildly, though held secure in Alex's grip. Alex followed him into orgasm moments later. The eyes that stared straight into Ricky's soul shone in triumph.

The younger man closed his eyes, only now finding the strength to withdraw from the room. He fumbled the door closed after him, so he wouldn't have to see or hear them again. He was shaking, as if he had run for miles, his heart pounding and pulse throbbing. Alex had subtly but deliberately humiliated him. So much for their truce.

Ricky hated it that his cock was aching for release. His hand found its way, unbidden, towards it, and he began to pull on his erection with short, brutal strokes. And somehow, the vision in his mind when he came, moments later, was a pair of triumphant green eyes and Alex's voice whispering in the dark corners of his mind.

Take it, bitch!

xx

"What was that you said to me?" Sean demanded, as he lay curled up in Alex's arms, his body draped across the older man's. "I swear Alex, if you call me bitch again you're going to pay for it!"

Alex sighed. Just when he thought he was regaining control of himself, getting rid of all his darker impulses by having sex with Sean, along came that damn slut, and all of his control vanished. For a few moments, as he watched Ricky, it was as if he had been sheathing himself in that whore's body. And what he had yelled in the heat of his passion had been addressed to Ricky alone.

"I'm sorry....." Alex apologized to Sean. "I've......well, there have been some problems lately!"

"I know....." Sean said softly. "Talk to me Alex."

Alex shook his head. There were some things he didn't want to face at the moment, and his desire for Ricky wasn't easy to put into words anyway.

"I can't....." He shook his head. Sean gently kissed him. "If you need me, Alex, just ask."

But Alex knew there were some things too, that Sean couldn't supply him with.

xx

Breakfast was strained, to say the least. Ricky and Alex were both refusing to look at each other, or speak to each other. Sean could hardly miss the strained silence. Though he didn't really understand it. He supposed that perhaps Ricky had heard them and disapproved. Or perhaps Ricky and Alex had argued. But since no one was telling him anything, he sighed and tried to make light of it. He made a few half- hearted attempts at conversation, then finally sighed in exasperation and went to check on Kulain.

Being left alone with Alex was the last thing Ricky wanted. He eyed the older man uncomfortably and wondered whether he should get up and leave. At least there wouldn't be this tension outside.

The older man smirked when he noticed Ricky's sly surveillance. The runt was plainly uncomfortable, which suited Alex just fine. Having Ricky uneasy and wary of him was one of Alex's main goals in life at the moment. Truce or no truce.

Ricky was becoming more and more discomforted by the prolonged silence. Finally his temper cracked, and he snarled at Alex.

"Why do you get your kicks out of hurting people?"

Something hot flared in Alex Krycek's eyes

" You want to know all about my sex life? Bend over, you little bitch, and I'll show you!"

Ricky flushed, redness creeping across his cheeks.

"Touch me again and I'll kill you!"

"You wouldn't know how!"

"You mean I'm not a cold blooded son of a bitch like you?"

"You're a pathetic piece of shit!"

"Fuck you, Krycek!"

"You wish!"

They were shouting at each other at that point, drawing closer together, as if drawn together like magnets, and Ricky found himself breathing hard, needing air. It was as if the room was superheated, and they were the cause of it all. Drawing sparks off each other. Alex was so close now that it would have been easy to reach out and claim another kiss. His pupils were dilated and he had that dazed, sensuous look on his face that Ricky had come to associate from their encounters so far. Arousal. It was happening to them again. He was falling into Alex's orbit. They wanted each other. He was moving forward, letting himself be pulled by his feelings. Surrendering to his desire. Alex was too, lips parting to kiss.....

He heard someone gasp. Alex blinked. Then recoiled, evidently repulsed by his rival.

It was only then that both of them noticed Sean gaping at them, his eyes wide as he glanced from one to the other of his companions. He moved to one side then, and a familiar shape materialized in the doorway next to him. Pale and looking weakened and tired, still Kulain's authority was enough to make both men pause in their squabble and turn to him. surprised and hopeful. Instantly deferring to him.

"Alex!" Kulain said softly. "We have to talk!"

xx

.....he is predisposed to learn the characteristics of an alpha, during a fairly short period, nowadays referred to as the sensitive period....... this imprinting period may be involved in the formation of social bonds....... S. Lea—Instinct, Environment and behaviour (1984)

xx

The sorcerer snarled in rage, as he contemplated the pathetic remains of his latest batch of servants. How had his plans gone awry so quickly? The answer of course was obvious, though not particularly palatable. He had become overconfident, in his arrogance. He had taken out Kulain, but dismissed the demon's servants as being beneath his notice, mere pawns to provide him with light entertainment. A costly mistake. Just three of them, and the half breed traitors to humanity had fought and won their last battle against his zombies. Their claws being far more efficacious than he had anticipated. Particularly the one they named Alex.

With so many of his zombies dismembered, destroyed or disabled past repair, the sorcerer could see his grip on the situation slipping. He was rapidly losing strength, as the flow of fresh blood supplied to him dried up. And his dark ally could sense him weakening. Soon, the dark one would be beyond his control, and one of its first priorities would be to turn on the one who had held it captive, and demanded its services.

Worst of all, this morning, he had sensed something that had sent him fleeing to his hideout in terror. The demon Kulain was still alive. And though the trickle of power he had detected had been minuscule, it was enough to signify that the demon was alive. And surely out for revenge.

What was he to do?

xx

Kulain contemplated his three humans wearily. In the time he had been incapacitated, there had been some small changes in their relationships. He could see the subtle signs in their body language. Both Ricky and Sean were more respectful of Alex. Deferential even. Though Alex didn't notice it, Ricky kept glancing at him, eyes filled with a longing he couldn't quite suppress. And Alex was more bold and confident than before. Assured of his own abilities and ready to challenge the world.

It seemed to Kulain that he had returned to the land of the living just in time.

It wouldn't do to let Alex usurp his place between Ricky's firm thighs. Not just yet anyway. Ricky wasn't yet comfortable with Kulain, and would probably require much work before Kulain was satisfied with his progress. Breaking in a newly acquired human was a challenge he always enjoyed. And unlike Alex, Ricky was sweet and naive and inexperienced. Ripe for the taking, and ready for Kulain's unique brand of education.

Newly initiated humans were always a delight. But Kulain wasn't blind to the undercurrents generated between Ricky and Alex. The younger man was instinctively drawn to the strongest males at the moment, and for a while Alex had occupied that place for him.

Alex was getting ideas above his station in life.

Kulain smiled in anticipation. It seemed that endless hours of delight were in store, when Alex would find out exactly how far he was permitted to go. Only then would he permit Ricky to mate with his wayward lover, under close supervision of course. Perhaps it would be an object lesson for Alex if he were the one required to spread his legs for Ricky's pleasure......

And wouldn't his feisty pet be annoyed when he watched Ricky writhing in Fox's arms..... while Kulain held him tightly and drove him out of his mind with the cravings he awoke. Kulain anticipated a passionate and fiery competition between his matched pair of dark haired beauties.

In the meantime though, there was a problem to solve. His enemy must be eliminated, and the evil he had brought into the world destroyed. A tricky problem indeed. Well there were things that could be done almost immediately. They must first free Fox from his prison cell, then there would be time enough to find their enemies. Kulain had left his lovers unguarded for too long. Now he intended to redress the balance.

xx

Fox Mulder had been in prison for what seemed like months, but was in reality only a few days. Not that it was a particular hardship in the State Penitentiary. They were all afraid of him, guards and prisoners alike. It seemed that his reputation had preceded him, so that even cuffed and largely helpless, he was still feared.

It had all started when he and several other prisoners had arrived at the prison, and been taken into the processing area. As a matter of routine, all prisoners were strip searched and involved in a medical check on entrance into the prison. Along with the others, Mulder had taken his clothes off. The obviously demon inflicted scars Mulder bore had shocked them all. Made them wonder exactly what sort of relationship he had with the Demonlord.

And an officer more careless and more distracted than his city cousins had taken the restraining cuffs off Mulder, temporarily replacing them with leg irons. They hindered his movements. But with a little time, he was sure that he could soon work his way free of them.

Mulder began to feel more optimistic.

xx Sean and Ricky waited outside in the car while their two companions headed to the police chief's office. Ricky wasn't sure he wanted to go inside his former workplace ever again. Too many memories and too many people who now held bad impressions of him. They thought he was a demon lover, a traitor and a whore. At least, that was the commonly held belief about Kulain's little entourage, and at some point he had become one of them. Little use in pointing out to them that he had given most of his adult life to law enforcement, and had never, until now, done anything remotely crazy. Like hang around with these fascinating, magnetic beings.

He studied Sean, perhaps the least known to him of the group. Young, perhaps close to his age, superbly fit, yet with a gentleness that the others lacked. But looking into his eyes, Ricky could tell that this man had not had an easy passage through life.

Sean became aware of the scrutiny and smiled at him. Ricky flushed, suddenly remembering the vision of Alex violently taking Sean on the floor of his apartment.

"How do you cope with it?" he said quietly. "Being close to them all day, every day? They're not human........"

Sean grinned widely.

"Don't make assumptions about me. Just because I don't use strong arm tactics doesn't mean I can't take care of myself. And why did you think I was human...."

Green eyes gleamed disconcertingly. Ricky gasped. Sean laughed softly. Ricky was quite cute. He could see why Kulain was fascinated. Alex though...... There was something about the way his lover acted around Ricky that was vaguely disturbing. Almost as if he was staking a claim. But of course, that wasn't likely. Never in a million years. Alex wouldn't be interested in a man who was so naive and unsophisticated. Not like Fox.

Ricky sure was cute.

Both men abruptly turned as a knocking sounded at the driver's side window. Ricky grinned, for once happy to see someone from the office. He couldn't believe how lucky he was that Grace had survived the zombie attack. That he didn't have her death on his conscience. In fact, he was over-enthusiastic in his welcome, reaching out to take the hand she held out to him. Sean though must have sensed something amiss, for his face abruptly displayed alarm, and he began to open his mouth to utter a warning, even as long talons suddenly darted towards Ricky.

xx

Alex had quite frankly never wanted to see the inside of this place again. The Chief's office had such depressing associations for him, since Mulder had been taken away. And this was where he had first got in over his head with the delectable little slut who waited outside. Still, there was a certain delight in walking by Kulain's side, knowing that no one would be able to face down one of the most powerful beings in the world.

Predictably the Chief's resistance crumbled, and he unwillingly gave out the location where Fox was being held. Alex himself wouldn't have liked being the object of one of Kulain's rages. He had tried it once, and didn't care to repeat the experience. Ever again.

Alex savoured the feeling of power he got, walking at Kulain's side. The sense of approval he got from his demon lover, as Alex proved that he was no longer the frightened anxious creature of recent memory. Hesitantly, he dared move closer to Kulain, and there was an undeniable thrill in boldly slipping an arm round Kulain's waist and leaning in against him. The demon gave a knowing smile, and didn't rebuff him. Accepting his affection as a kind of homage. Then unexpectedly, Kulain froze in his tracks, as if listening. Then it washed over them in a wave of terror, even the relatively untelepathic, mind-blind Alex hearing Sean's mental scream for help.

xx

Sean had only a split second to react when he sensed danger. When he realised that the woman talking to Ricky was not what she seemed, he screamed out in his mind for Kulain, hoping that the demon would sense him. Then he caught at Ricky, trying to pull him away from the woman. If that was what she was, which he doubted. There was just something wrong with her, a sense of evil which made his skin crawl.

Ricky was turning to him in confusion and a little annoyance, when Sean saw the mask of humanity on the young woman's face change. Her skin began to split and curl away, and he saw long talons emerge from her fingers. Her suddenly raw, bloody lips curving away from sprouting long canine teeth as she lunged at Ricky, trying to bite out his jugular. With a scream of horror, Sean pulled at his young companion, and Grace's teeth snapped shut with an audible clack, inches from Ricky's face. It was at that moment that the young cop became aware of his peril. He recoiled, as she lunged at him again, now unable to reach him as his window was partially rolled up. But he couldn't retreat any further as he was wearing his seatbelt and somehow he was half tangled up in it. Sean jabbed at Grace with his own sharp clawed hands and mentally shrieked again for help.

Their opponent became frustrated. With a bellow of rage she seized the car door and with incredible strength, ripped it off its hinges with little effort. Ricky couldn't move. He stared at the thing that had seemed so human. The thing he had shared a patrol car with so recently. The thing that had condemned Fox Mulder to prison. She laughed in triumph and caught hold of him, dragging him out of the car despite Sean's efforts to hold onto him. Whimpering in abject fear, not even daring to look at her, he shamelessly grovelled. He tried to project a sense of how insignificant he was, almost instinctively.

She laughed, and prepared to exact her revenge, for didn't the little fool understand how his snivelling display made her mouth water in anticipation......

Two sets of talons ripped into her from either side, as she was flanked by both Kulain and Alex, who felt a rage beyond anything he had ever experienced before. Not understanding why, but driven into a frenzy of aggression by her attack on Ricky.

Of course, one blow knocked him aside, his strength no match for the possessed woman. The distraction he provided was enough though, for Kulain to gather his power. Despite his recent weakness, he had quickly regained his strength. A bolt of fire exploded from his hand, somehow not quite of this world. Sean moaned at the sight, as reality somehow seemed to twist in Kulain's vicinity as he drew on a power source beyond human comprehension. Sean saw something vaguely diamond shaped that flickered on the edge of his perception. There was a moment of resistance, as Grace tried to withstand the attack. But she was unprepared to deal with Kulain, and within seconds, her body had melted into ash. With a howl, the thing that had been inside her body was flung back to whatever place had spawned it.

There was a crash of thunder overhead, as reality snapped back into place.

Kulain looked pale, but satisfied. He checked on his possessions.

Sean was white and shaken, but unhurt. Alex had fallen to his knees next to Ricky, and had caught hold of the young man, who was sobbing and whimpering as he curled up in a ball on the ground. Alex said something to him, then Ricky abruptly uncurled, and wrapped his arms round Alex, clinging to him and shuddering uncontrollably.

Alex looked oddly satisfied by his reaction.

Kulain frowned. There was something about their interaction that was vaguely troubling. He would have to question Ricky later, and decide on a course of action. Ricky would benefit from spending the night in his bed, being comforted by Kulain in his own unique way. Time to bind Ricky more closely to him, make him more dependant. It wasn't Alex's place to insinuate himself into Ricky's life like that. Not yet. Not before Kulain had taken his dues. What used to be called the Droit de Seigneur. The right of a Lord to first initiate an inexperienced virgin into the mysteries of sexuality. Not that Ricky was a virginal young bride. Not after their last delectable encounter...... But he was close.......

xx

Mulder had heard Sean's mind-scream too. For the first time in prison, he felt angry. With all of his strength, he yanked on the chains that were locked round his ankles, trying to free himself. But even if he could succeed, he knew he wouldn't reach Sean in time. The call came again. With a superhuman effort, he pulled, and the chain parted.

xx

The sorcerer felt his ally howl in rage as its host was destroyed. It was as he had feared, Kulain, once forewarned, was strong enough to obliterate his opponent, despite the power the other could call up. And now Kulain would be coming for him. Time to get out of this town and head for pastures new. He headed for the hills. He would cut through the woods close to the new prison, and make his way across the countryside away from Kulain. Then he would set up his operation once more in another city. One with a huge population, perhaps the City of the Angels, which he had heard was now huge. A place where it would be easy to disappear.

He froze as he heard the distinctive crackle of something moving quickly towards him, through the undergrowth.

xx

"Over here!" Sean and Kulain both heard the sound of someone shouting, as they hunted the last remaining enemy. Kulain seemed to be able to track this being easily with his more than human senses. Sean knew who they were facing, his researches in the dusty depths of Washington libraries had given him some clues. An old and evil sorcerer who had promised that he would return to the town where he had been buried, to exact his revenge for forgotten wrongs done to him. But Kulain didn't seem to care who he followed, just as long as he could sense the evil ahead of him. They had been following the trail for 3 hours, but it suddenly seemed to have disappeared.

The big demonlord did seemed distracted by something. Sean could guess what. Alex had been behaving oddly for days. And there was of course the problem of Ricky......

Both of them were shocked out of their brooding by someone shouting to them. Sean recognised the voice almost immediately.

Fox Mulder.

The agent sat sprawled on a soft mound of leaf mould, under the trees just ahead of them. His leg was doubled over, under him in a way that made it clear what was wrong; his ankle was at an unnatural angle, and the bones were obviously snapped. Next to him lay the rapidly decaying remains of the creature they had been following. Mulder wore prison issue coveralls, and he grinned at Sean ruefully.

"I thought I could be more use out of prison. And I was right. I ran straight into that thing! Pity it didn't know when to quit fighting, I think I've broken something...." Then he looked at Kulain. "Hi. It's good to see you......." He flushed and dropped his eyes, almost shyly.

Kulain took two steps forward, swept Mulder up into his arms, and kissed him. Mulder returned the kiss, hard. In fact, it was only Mulder's groan of pain that finally broke them apart, as his ankle made itself known in a stabbing, painful protest.

Kulain lifted Mulder into his arms with tender strength, cradling him close. He lacked the strength at the moment to teleport them back to their hotel. But he would carry his Fox there with utmost gentleness. Even if it took most of the night.

xx

Alex had followed Kulain's hastily given instructions and had taken Ricky back to the hotel to recover. He had all but forgotten Fox in the heat of battle. There had been something so satisfying in protecting what was his, and winning, even if the final victory belonged to Kulain. And Ricky was so defenceless in many ways. A slut yes. But a beautiful, trembling, sweet little slut, who seemed to rouse Alex Krycek's protective instincts. And he had to admit, that holding Ricky, stroking him and soothing him felt good. It made him feel so strong and strangely tender. He shivered as heat began to pool in his groin.

Ricky slowly relaxed, and finally had recovered enough to draw away from him, slightly embarrassed at his show of weakness.

Alex looked at Ricky and grinned. The exhilaration of his victory still racing through his veins

Ricky smiled back, tentatively at first.

"Yeah!" Alex crowed. "That feels good!" He was an alpha male in full possession of his territory, won by his own efforts. He felt as if there was nothing he couldn't do, no thing he couldn't possess. The runt had done well to stay alive, better than expected. Perhaps those demon instincts were waking at last.

Ricky was watching him intently, quiet and a little subservient. Wondering what would happen next. Alex eyed him speculatively, seeing the other man for once in a more forgiving mood. Why hadn't he noticed before how attractive the runt was? The full lips and the beautiful green eyes that made them so alike. The surprising degree of innocence that Alex knew was unfeigned. As far as he knew, Ricky had only been with another man once, if you could call Kulain a man that is. It would be fun to show the runt a little of what he was missing. Purely as an academic exercise of course. Maybe Kulain would be pleased if Alex used his initiative to broaden Ricky's horizons.

Alex moved forward, before he could talk himself out of his latest plan. Ricky looked surprised, but there was a new trust there that had not been present before. Probably due to Alex's newly protective attitude towards the runt. Alex tilted up Ricky's chin, and suddenly decisive, kissed him.

xx

When Alex moved forward, Ricky had tensed, not sure what to expect. Alex was so very intimidating sometimes. But the kiss he bestowed was so gentle that Ricky found himself answering it, and surrendering himself into Alex's arms, for once willingly.

The last time Alex had rescued Ricky, he had held the younger man protectively. So very strong. Ricky felt so very safe in the company of the other man these days. Being with him took away the fear, at least of the zombies. It wasn't the first time this man had been there to help him. But Alex hated him, didn't he? Why was Alex gently running his hands across Ricky's back, in what was meant to be a soothing caress, but was so much more. Alex drew back, hesitantly, and waited.

Alex filled Ricky's thoughts to the point of obsession. A dark part of himself that he was reluctant to acknowledge. He was no man's bitch. He would never offer himself like that. He knew all too well what Alex wanted..... And yet, close to Alex like this, it would be so easy to tilt his head just a little, to look into impossibly green eyes and try to fathom the mysteries hidden within them. How could such a violent, intimidating man able to touch him so tenderly now. To lavish such care and consideration on him sometimes, yet drive Ricky half mad at other moments, with the fearsome demands he made.

Ricky felt so very confused.

He determined once and for all to know exactly what Alex wanted.

He would recognise the impulse later, as the first mistake he made. For when he tilted his head towards Alex, by co-incidence, by unconscious intention, or just hidden desire, his lips brushed against Alex's. All sense of perspective disappeared as Alex took possession of his mouth, as if he was a thirsty man taking a long cool drink. Ricky felt himself opening to that demand, unable to stop his betraying body. Surrendering to the will of his protector. Melting against Alex. Letting Alex have whatever he wanted.

This time, there was no way to stop the fire they had started. No one around to interrupt, no distractions. Only Alex, hands on his rival's shoulders, holding him as they kissed. Ricky could only hold on tight as he was swept away on a hormone induced tide of desire. The same burning instinct as before, the one that had made him grovel before Alex, offering himself. Now it took him over completely, and he was subliminally aware of Alex being carried with him, who knows where.

Alex bore down on his prize, pushing Ricky backwards so that they were falling towards the bed, clumsily landing, Alex on top of the younger man. Ricky gasped, and momentarily was aware of what was happening to him. He moaned in half-denial, his mouth still covered by Alex's. Then Alex ripped at the younger man's shirt and his own clothes, and they were skin to skin. The warmth of Alex's body on top of his drove away the protest he had been trying to make. Hands were all over him, tugging and ripping, and soon the rest of his clothing joined the shredded piles scattered around them. With incredible co-ordination, Alex had managed to bare his prize without even losing mouth-to-mouth contact.

Ricky would hate himself later. But for the moment, he needed Alex more than anything in the world.

The hands that clutched at Ricky were changing, nails becoming sharper and scratching his skin lightly in an age old erotic pattern. Ricky parted his legs and felt the hardness grow between them as his own erection matched Alex's, becoming iron hard. Ricky tried to pull Alex closer, feeling the play of muscles beneath his clutching hands as his fingers gripped Alex's back. He let his hands stray downwards, greatly daring, and felt with distant appreciation, the firmness of Alex's ass. Deliberate, conscious thought was receding though. Alex reared upwards and gazed down at his prey in satisfaction. Then before Ricky could even move, he was flipped onto his stomach, and Alex's fingers were slowly, unstoppably moving towards the younger man's tight opening.

Ricky heard a growl of satisfaction and then something was probing him, slowly sinking into his body, as Alex explored with his fingers. Ricky whimpered as Alex eased him open, not quite so gentle in his urgency.

Ricky remembered Kulain taking him, a mixture of pain and pleasure that had terrified him in its intensity. Alex would do that to him, would take him. He forgot exactly how much he had wanted Kulain in the end. How good it had been.

With a primal instinct of fear, he began to struggle.

Alex laughed softly, a predatory sound, and his grip tightened, suddenly sharp talons beading blood as he held his prey down. The tenderness he had felt only moments before was being consumed in the spiralling lust that was taking hold within him.

"You want it, little bitch. You know it's true!" he growled at Ricky. He could feel the younger man tremble. Laughing at the enjoyable struggles of the prey, he instinctively bit the warm flesh at the back of Ricky's neck as he had done before. More than a gesture, in some way he needed to do this. In fact they both did, for within moments, he felt Ricky still, momentary panic over, and begin to arch his back as the same curious instincts awoke inside him. Spreading his legs wider, tension disappearing as he surrendered to the man on top of him. Alex was asserting his right as alpha male by this. A biological instinct that was involuntary and accepted by both men.

Alex released Ricky, the younger man barely marked, since it took little force to subdue the younger man's exertions. Physical damage wasn't the point of the exercise. Agreeing on their respective places in the hierarchy of dominance was what it was all about. Alex sighed softly in satisfaction and felt Ricky relax against him, quiescent and accepting.

They were both in the grip of instincts now, far older than they could imagine.

In a single stroke, he buried himself deep within the younger man's body. It was more beguiling than he had ever dreamed it would be. The young cop was so very tight, so sweet a fuck that Alex didn't know how long he could revel in the depths of the warm body without exploding into him.

Ricky screamed when he was first taken, the last protest of a human as he became part of the demon hierarchy. Alex was huge, rigid as iron and as unyielding. It hurt to feel the other slide into him. It hurt to feel himself opening wide to his impressive lover's cock. There was no refusal possible. No part of him that didn't crave the discomfort and want more and more of his lover's shaft cramming inside him. For despite the pain, pleasure giving hormones, endorphins, were being released in vast quantities into his bloodstream, triggered by Alex's bite. Addictive as hell.

Ricky cried out incoherently, and began to pant heavily, sucking air into his lungs as his body began to move in time with Alex. Ricky was burning now, his body pushing demandingly against Alex, grinding his body against his lover's. Screaming. The sound of ecstasy and consummation.

He was behaving like a slut and he loved it. As if he was in heat. And indeed, the chemical signals his brain processed bore a close resemblance to that state.

In the end, neither of them lasted long. Ricky was too far out of control, and too inexperienced. And Alex was filled with too many pent- up desires for the younger man. They were burning out of control, Alex powering into the willing young man beneath him, Ricky panting, begging for it mindlessly.

They came almost simultaneously, Alex exploding into the younger man, even as Ricky erupted beneath him. Slowly, both sagged against each other, their exhaustion as much a product of their bodies chemical changes as from their exertions. Alex mumbled something sleepily to his lover, holding onto him tightly, his body half covering the younger man's and both of them slipped quickly into a deep, dreamless sleep.

xx

Where was he? His brain seemed to be half-asleep this morning. Alex tried vainly to focus his thoughts. There was a warm body beneath his, and his head was resting on creamy flesh that smelled of sex and exertion. A familiar, satisfying scent. Idly, he let his tongue move in long strokes down the length of the other's back, tasting his partner. It was oddly satisfying and comforting. He felt his lover arch slightly into the touch, sighing, as he began to wake. Alex savoured the salt- sweet taste of his partner, unconscious of his own actions.

Fox?

He ran his hands across the smooth back, and heard a sleepy murmur from the other man. A soft sigh of satisfaction and contentment.

The voice wasn't Fox's familiar, beloved tones. It was Ricky! Full memories of the night before came flooding back. He couldn't blame anyone else this time. He had been aware of the consequences of touching the young cop. He just hadn't given a damn at the time. The younger man was such a erotically appealing piece of ass.

Shit!

Fox was going to kill him.

If he found out, that is........

xx

Ricky was woken from one of the most satisfying night's rest that he could ever remember. He felt good. All the sexual tension he had been carrying around with him for days was discharged. He remembered only too well how that had happened. And his body persisted in telling him how exceptionally satisfying it had been. He had slept with Alex Krycek! And though it had been pretty wild last night, he had to accept more than a little responsibility for what had happened. After all, his response to Alex had been quite enthusiastic, for the most part.

He just hadn't expected to enjoy himself so much, despite Alex's dominant behaviour. Why even now, he could feel the tiniest stirrings of desire beginning to wake in him. Alex cared about him. Enough to show him last night how good it could be between them.

Alex was still a pleasant weight covering part of his body, and right now, he didn't want to lose that contact. The reassurance Alex brought. Closer to him than anyone he could remember.

Of course it couldn't last forever. Alex stirred, and pushed away from him. Ricky rolled onto his back and stared at his lover. He smiled tentatively, not quite sure what to say to his first real male lover other than the frightening Kulain.

Alex wouldn't meet his eyes. Instead, he was staring at a point over Ricky's shoulder. Tentatively, the younger man reached out a hand, needing some sort of affirmation. He was ignored. When Alex finally spoke, it was in a strangely harsh voice.

"You were just about the most pathetic fuck I've ever had!"

Ricky made a small, choking sound, his green eyes suddenly very wide and vulnerable looking. He drew back as far as he could, away from Alex.

"But you...... wanted....... That is..... Please..... Alex......"

Ricky began to shiver, looking more lost than ever. Then he seemed to gather his strength.

"You used me then. It was all a trick to get me into bed. You never really cared, did you?"

"Yeah Ricky. When you behave like a slut, what do you expect? I like a cheap thrill as much as the next man..... You might even have been fun for a couple of seconds. But did you really think you could replace Fox in my life? Never!"

Alex spat the words, knowing how devastating they were. Desperate to escape the pull he felt towards Ricky. The temptation to betray Fox.

"Please..." Ricky whispered. "You can have whatever you want from me." His eyes flickered downwards towards his lover's quiescent penis. If Alex still wanted a blowjob from him, he would even........

Alex's expression was set as if in stone. Cold and unresponsive. Rejecting Ricky utterly.

The younger man pulled on jeans and an old shirt. He moved slowly, like an old man. He listlessly stumbled out of the door, his thoughts in turmoil, desperately trying not to break down in front of Alex. It wasn't just being rejected as a lover. It was like something deeper in him had been betrayed. He should have fought Alex. Yelled at him. Told him to go to hell. Not offered himself body and soul. But somehow, none of it mattered anymore.

He would go away from this damn town. There was a place he would be welcomed, although it was not somewhere he had ever wanted to return to. A place he associated with feeling miserable, for he had hated his life there. But at least it was home, a place he would feel secure, in the arms of his "loving" family. Grabbing a bag, he stuffed a few meagre possessions into it, and headed for his car and the long drive south.

Damn all demons to hell.

xx

It was one of the hardest things Alex Krycek had ever done. Lying like that to Ricky. Seeing the younger man's worshipful adoration turn to ashes. Seeing the hurt in his eyes, and the way he had flinched from Alex's harsh words. It was like shredding his own soul with tooth and claw.

He had to do it, didn't he?

Get rid of Ricky so that there would be nothing between him and Fox anymore. No temptation for Fox.

Alex caught himself in the lie. Who was he trying to deceive? The trouble was he was so very confused about his feelings, from the moment he had first felt the slut writhing delightfully under his hands and body. Like there was something else going on here apart from lust. Something instinctual that threatened to shake his world apart.

For he had wanted Ricky more than he had ever wanted anyone before. Even his beloved Fox. And his desires were so very dark and frightening. And it felt so very right. So very good.

This feeling wasn't love.

It was possession.

Ricky was HIS.

How was he going to face Fox?

xx

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

Part XIV: Tangled Web

DATE November 1999
RATING NC-17 SLASH
CONTENT WARNING m/m sex, violence, death, zombies, slimy bits. A contrived situation or two.

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]