Go to notes and disclaimers


Dark Angel's Fire
by Megaera

Part I
Assumption

The air rippled with the sound of thunder as the chant went on, weaving through the cavern. Then the flash of lightning heralded a coming storm. Oddly, the thunder seemed to be throbbing in time to the voices, then, even as the storm broke, one final crash of thunder far louder than all the others. A terrible howling then and the way was clear. He came through where a way had been forced, the first of many, as was fitting for the most powerful of his kind. The prey fled in terror for they had not really expected such as he. Then he called the storm to him and howled his joy to the open sky in joy at his freedom. Now would come a reckoning.


Mulder's head was throbbing in time to the sinuous beat of the drumming as the title track to 'Bad Boys' played on his car stereo. Perhaps that last whisky had been one too many. Still, he hadn't expected to be driving all the way to the Appalachians on such short notice. Some superflu bug had attacked the agents in the local FBI field office and a request had been made at a very high level for him. He wondered what the mystery was all about.

The first thing that Mulder had seen that morning when he walked through his office door was a memo from Skinner, giving him less than an hour to grab his sports bag from the office closet that contained a change of clothes. Then a six hour drive up into the mountains to find a small town tucked away in a deep valley up North. His only piece of information was a request to contact the local sheriff, Kevin Lane when he got to the old mining town of Lost Hope.

Driving into the town at last, he could see why the place had been given such a dismal name. Most of the shops appeared shut or deserted, with peeling paint and more than one layer of clinging dirt. The sheriff's office was at the end of the long, straight main street. Surprisingly it appeared clean and well tended, although surely there wasn't enough crime in this one horse town for it to merit more than one or two deputies.

Walking in through the swing doors, Mulder again felt a start of surprise. He had expected an old, worldly wise country figure, but Lane was quite a young man, in his early twenties, with a shock of dark hair and a thin angular face. His intense green eyes were the most outstanding feature in his innocent looking face, and something about his expression suggested a rebellious attitude to life.

With a sigh, Mulder pulled out his badge and offered it to the young deputy on the front desk. The youngster's eyes widened and he yelled "Sheriff Lane!" at the top of his voice. Who knows, Mulder reflected, this was probably the most excitement this town had seen since the Civil War.

Lane turned towards him and smiled, and something in his face made Mulder reassess his first impression of the man. Just for a moment there was something cat-like and secretive in his face. Still, if he could just get his work done and get out of there, Mulder would take great pleasure in never having to think about Lost Hope again.

With a gesture, Lane invited Mulder into his office. "Sit down, agent Mulder, we've been waiting for you for most of the morning."

Mulder felt an instant dislike to this smart Alec... .who did he think he was... this journey had better be worthwhile.... not like that time in Oregon when he'd travelled three days through the winter blizzards to view a yeti corpse that turned out to be a gorilla escaped from a circus and left rotting for months.

Lane, ignoring any preliminary chat, flung down a photo on the desk in front of him.

"What do you think of that Mulder?"

The photo showed a group of middle aged naked men and women apparently dancing around a campfire.

Mulder felt his headache abruptly intensify. He had been brought halfway across the country on another witch-hunt, a literal one this time. Somehow keeping a rein on his temper, he picked up the shot and studied it more closely. None of the people were clearly identifiable. "I think the people in this town need a lot more exercise," he muttered.

Unexpectedly, Lane grinned, then he put down the second picture. Abruptly, Mulder's hair stood on end, and his throat was suddenly far drier than half a night of Scotch could account for.

The second snap showed the same group of people, but this time it was apparent that they were in some huge underground cavern. What gave the scene its extra illumination was the somehow luminous figure that had materialised above the fire. It was a figure from his darkest nightmares, a huge powerfully muscled man-like torso, but with an utterly inhuman face and midnight eyes that seemed to suck the light from the little office. The creature's skin was lightly scaled and it had a pointed tail. What completed the demonic impression was the huge talons that curled from its fingertips.

He knew in some inner recess of his mind that the picture wasn't a hoax. There was something in his own body's response that was the prey animals' response to the predator. A deep instinctive terror inside him that made him want to get up out of the chair, run to his car and get the hell out of town.

The sheriff's grin had become quite smug as he watched Mulder's reaction. No, not quite as naive a man as his youth implied.

"Impressive, Huh!", he smirked.

"What happened to the photographer? Can I ask him some questions about this?," Mulder asked quietly.

Disappointed, the sheriff shook his head.

"The headless torso of a man was found on Highway 171 last night. There was only this camera on him. When we developed these, we called the local FBI boys and they referred us to you."

The sheriff shrugged. "The response was quite quick when we faxed them these snaps."

Mulder groaned. No wonder everyone had been so eager for him to get on the case.

Lane stood up.

"C'mon, I can take you to the crime scene before the light fades, but it isn't pretty. And we still haven't found the head..."

For the next two days Mulder, with a growing sense of discomfort, interviewed reluctant witnesses, joined searches in the woodland and, in effect, found nothing. At least five other people had vanished from the town, leaving homes and possessions untouched. The people of the town were as ugly a bunch of losers, trash and no-hopers as he had ever met, but even with no leads he could still feel their uneasiness. A storm was coming and most people knew it, and had fled. Mulder decided to go down to the bar that night to get a beer and listen to what the locals were saying. He knew how things had been in town, but when he walked into the bar the last thing he expected was to find himself in the middle of a bar fight. His only warning was a blur approaching him from one side then the pool cue crashed into the side of his head, and he went down.

Dimly he was aware that at least five other men were fighting, and somehow, through the dizziness, he managed to curl his body up protectively. Then a boot connected with his side and darkness swallowed him.

The dark became shot through with lightning and from a great distance he seemed to hear a deep chanting, that echoed to the beating of his heart. Talons seemed to lift him up and his body was shredded into a million fragments that whirled through the night. Then he was aware of gut clenching , nauseating fear and a sense of contamination, as if the demon foulness was somehow inside him.

Abruptly he awoke, then wished that his body hadn't moved. A wave of pain made him scream out, as head and ribs protested. Gentle fingers placed something cool and soothing on his aching head and rubbed his side.

He lay still and unmoving, letting that gentle touch work wonders on his aching body, and only then did he open his eyes. He was in his bedroom at the motel, and Lane was sitting on the side of the bed, with a cloth soaked in water. The young sheriff gently reached out, stroking the ugly bruise on his cheek, his fingers moved the cloth in small circles, featherlight and almost tender. Lane seemed to be taking his time over the small task, then he grinned and slid his fingers down Mulder's bruised cheek and towards his throat. Involuntarily Mulder blushed. He wasn't used to such almost intimate touches from another man.

"Let me see your side," he said and gently began to open Mulder's shirt. Then the feel of hands against Mulder's skin, sending a rush of heat through him. Such an erotic gesture for one man to undress another. He pulled away, then realised how stupid the violent movement was, as a jolt of pain stabbed through his ribs. The young sheriff looked slightly hurt, then shrugged.

"I came by to tell you I have a lead, but then I had to pull you out of trouble." He frowned. "Anyway, I have to see someone tonight. You look too beat up to come along, but I'll give you a full report tomorrow."

Then Lane gave a slightly lopsided smile ."Are you sure you can manage to undress yourself?" he said slyly, then seeing Mulder's surprise, smirked and left.

Mulder soon realised that maybe some things do need help when you're so dizzy you can't see straight. Giving up, he fumbled some painkillers into his hand and, half dressed, fell into an uneasy and dream haunted sleep. His last thought was that this town really gave him monster headaches.

The demon howled its rage at the sky. The intruders angered it, others of its kind who lurked terrified in the shadows, wary of its power. The human hovered at the edge of its perception, restless in sleep. Such dark pleasures could be promised in dreams, but the demon felt that this human had a core of light in his soul that must be overcome in a different and altogether more subtle way. A plan came to him, and seeing no faults, he gathered his forces and reached out.

The hammering on the door woke Mulder out of his haunted sleep, and he painfully made his way to the door. The young deputy stood there, looking slightly more grubby than the last time Mulder had seen him. He unhappily tried to peer past Mulder, and when that was unsuccessful, he blurted out uncomfortably

"Is the Sheriff here? The last time we saw him he was coming here." Mulder realised in sudden embarrassment that the deputy thought Lane had spent the night. Apparently, some things in the country weren't as traditional as they used to be.

"If he's not here then he's gone missing", the young deputy burst out.

The state police the sheriff's office and the highway patrol all began a search, but without success, so it was a complete surprise to Mulder to receive a cryptic note when he got back to his room that night.

Come to the junction of highway 171 and route 223 at midnight I'll explain everything. L.

The one thing Mulder knew was how stupid it would be to walk into some possible trap, but the young, sensuous, infuriating sheriff wasn't a fool either. It was hard to imagine him being caught out.

Mulder compromised. He would go to the meeting place, but earlier than expected, and he would have back-up waiting. That is, if the deputy could find the business end of his gun.

The night was cold and very dark when Mulder arrived at his rendezvous. The deputy and two state troopers were waiting half a mile down the road and would at least hear if he had to open fire. The chosen meeting place was in a forest clearing, near an old logging track, and a wind was already making the trees whip around wildly, casting eerie shadows as they came into view of his headlights.

He switched off the lights as he stepped out of the car and moved towards the concealment offered by the trees. Then he became aware that what he had taken to be the low moaning of the wind in the distance, was in fact a deep chanting, a hum so soft yet it seemed to resonate in his bones. There was something almost subterranean about it, and moving quietly he began to move towards the source of the sound. Perhaps the Sheriff had tracked down the place where the photos were taken then run into trouble.

As he came close to the spot where the coven met, he could see flickering light through the trees. A great bonfire had been built at the entrance to a huge cavern in the side of the hill. Creeping silently through the concealment of the trees, he could see many of the worshippers dancing frenziedly near the cavern mouth. But none of them went inside, and he felt a prickle of fear down his spine at the thought of that picture, although the rational part of his mind found the thought of a real demon difficult to accept.

As he approached, he saw a hooded figure detach itself from the crowd and move past the fire, unnoticed. It had to be Lane, surely. The frenzy of dancing among the crowd was beginning to turn into something darker and more lustful, and he shivered, as he could see many of them fall towards each other in a maelstrom of kissing, biting, licking, fucking, irrespective of sex or age. He recognised the maid from his hotel madly bouncing up and down on top of a biker, a shopkeeper begging two old women to use their mouths. Mulder shuddered in revulsion, unaware that his own body was beginning to sway in time to that terrible chant.

Decisively, he ran towards the tunnel in the hillside.

The sudden quiet darkness was a sinister contrast to the noise and hubbub outside. He had to feel his way cautiously inside the tunnel and his footsteps seemed oddly magnified in the darkness. The tunnel walls were moist, and there was a musky smell vaguely reminiscent of the ocean. Somehow it conjured up in his mind the memory of those writhing bodies outside. There was some sort of light ahead, but it couldn't be another fire as the light seemed to be tinged with green, reinforcing the impression that he was a thousand fathoms under the sea. Finally he came to the opening of the tunnel, and drawing his gun, he cautiously peered in. There was no sign of any hooded figure, or for that matter, any vicious demon waiting to ambush him. It was evident, however, that this was the place in the picture, there were the ashes of the fire to prove it.

He moved forward into the cave and was totally unprepared for the sudden weight dropping down on him from above, slamming him into the ground and knocking his gun away into the shadows at the edge of the cave. His attacker also slammed a fist into his injured side and for long moments all he could do was gasp and try to hold onto his consciousness. When the pain receded, he found himself unarmed and helpless, his opponents' foot pressing down on the back of his neck.

"How nice of you to join the party Agent Mulder. Did you like our little note? The master will be so pleased that you decided to join us."

He heard the words of the acolyte in disbelief. No wonder Lane hadn't gone through official channels, if his deputy was one of the ringleaders.

"Where's Lane, did you kill him?" Mulder managed to gasp the words as he was hauled upright by two hooded men.

"The sheriff isn't available at the moment, he's entertaining the master," was the sniggering reply.

Something about the way he said those last two words sent a chill through Fox, then something sweet smelling on a cloth was pressed against his mouth and nose. He tried not to breathe, but his head began to swim with dizziness, then came the inevitable darkness.

Waking felt so strange. His brain felt oddly fuzzy and he could feel a draught of cool air against his skin. As memory returned, he wondered distantly why he was still alive, and then he realised that he was naked, lying half covered on a pile of silken sheets that seemed to be tangled round his legs.

"So," that voice soft and sinuous, nearby. "The fox leaves his lair to hunt and becomes the hunted."

Mulder tried to turn and look at the speaker, but a wave of dizziness swept over him and he fell back onto the sheets. His body wouldn't seem to work properly and he gasped in frustration.

"The effects will last for some hours," a sensuous whisper, and Mulder moaned feverishly as the dark voice seemed to weave its way into the corners of his mind. Somehow he clung to the thought of Lane and the other missing people who must be the Master's hostages

"Who are you? What do you want?". He could at least try and question his captor.

Laughter, that seemed to wind its way into his bones, both sensuous and cruel. Fingers trailing across his forehead, a touch soft as a feather, that felt incredibly intimate. Like when the sheriff had tried to seduce him, but incredibly magnified. No! It wasn't possible to get aroused from a simple touch like that. In spite of his certainty, he felt his body reacting.He sensed the others' amusement, but the caress continued, gentlybrushing his tangled hair away from his eyes.

"You wished to know this towns secrets Fox Mulder. I am the keeper of those secrets." A pause. "What is it you wished to know?"

Mulder forced his mind away from his body's strange reaction. "I want to know where Lane is."

"The sheriff will continue to be in my power, Fox, unless you give me something you prize dearly."

Mulder shivered, there were hints in that voice of vast darkness, that seemed to weave its way into his brain so that it was hard to breathe. His skin seemed to have caught fire, and the words were like satin brushing against his body.

"What do you want from me?" It was increasingly hard to hold onto reality. There was a wrongness about his captor, the way his body acted, the way his instinct was screaming at him to run. Yet at the same time, he wanted to fall on his knees before the owner of that voice. To open himself to those darkest desires, to feel that body against his.

"Give me yourself for one night Fox, and I will free my captives and leave here."

It was out in the open now, a type of unholy bargain; he knew that if he were to reject it, that barely suppressed violence he sensed would erupt into the open. Again his body's response caught him by surprise. The wave of desire, of burning need. So overpowering.

"If you give me your word." Mulder found himself whispering the words.

"Done!" A hiss of amusement. Then the speaker moved round the bed, and finally came into his sight. And laughed as the human screamed, tried to flee, then whimpered in terror as he realised how well he'd been manipulated.

The human shrank back against the satin sheets, his eyes wide with terror. Such a delicious sight. Reaching out to touch cool skin, feeling the human's pulse quicken. Enjoying the anticipation of sweet flesh beneath him.

Mulder's mind quailed as he looked into the face of a demon inches from his own. That terrible face, powerful arms, and other things that the photo hadn't shown. The fine greenish scales across demon skin, and the more than human penis. Perhaps in that moment his sanity fled.

How else to explain why he lay unresisting as a long adamantine talon reached out and began to circle his nipple. Or how he closed his eyes and lay still as the demons' mouth found his neck and gently bit.

Somewhere inside he was screaming, so why , when the talons slid across his skin, circled his belly then slid along his cock, did he moan with desire? Why did his body arch in response to that gentle touch.

From the moment he was touched by those massive hands, his body had burned. His cock had risen in reluctant salute. He couldn't stop it, then as the caresses continued, it didn't seem important anymore. A hand caught hold of his cock then, sliding and squeezing, in its own way expert. The air seemed superheated. That touch bringing him to the brink of orgasm then holding off his loss of control. Somehow he was on his stomach, those taloned hands sliding across his back. Oddly, the cruel claws retracting like a cat, not damaging his skin. Gently spreading his legs, then he couldn't stop his cry of pain as he was probed intimately.

Then amused laughter. "It was never the intention to hurt you Fox." A surprisingly tender whisper from lips inches from his ear.

So long since this one had been held in the arms of a lover. So easy to make his touch gentle, to take advantage of hidden vulnerabilities, to give the human what his body most craved. Binding him closer with every caress. Awakening hidden desires, fulfilling most secret lusts

The feel of something slick against him. Scented oils to make his ordeal easier. But again, that touch so erotic that he couldn't stifle the moan that came from deep within him.

"This was your choice." Another whisper.

A hardness against his back, another more intimate, more searching intrusion, then what he had feared so much. He felt himself being forced wide open, entered by a vastness that made him scream in despair. Surely it wasn't possible for his body to accept such a large cock. Yet a strange heat seemed to be building up inside him. His body beginning to move instinctively in time with the demon's thrusts. Perhaps prey instinctively reacting to its predator. How long it continued he would never remember, only that finally the heat and desire began to overcome the pain, need triumphing over terror. He found himself on hands and knees, thrusting back hard, desperately trying to take in more of his strange lover's shaft, trying to quench the white hot need that burned within him.

Fingers sliding across his body, down his arms, then entwined with his. He came, finally, his own body betraying him and humanity, sending a hot spurt of semen across the satin sheets. Losing his soul, but perhaps gaining something equally precious in return. The demon bellowing out as he too orgasmed, and sent his hot seed into the human, binding their spirits together. Withdrawing, and feeling the human's body buck underneath him again deliciously as he felt the incredibly erotic friction of demon scales slide out of him.

He had not anticipated such a wildly enthusiastic response from the beautiful human. So deliciously wanton. So heedless of the consequences. The loneliness inside him that was so easy to exploit. Such luscious potential for further instruction. It was almost a shame to shatter his illusions.

Mulder lay utterly spent on the satin sheets. As he heard the demon leave, he lifted his head weakly and stared at him. The demon turned and smiled, though the expression looked odd on that inhuman face.

"I keep my word," he said softly, "Lane is the only captive here." Then as Mulder watched uncomprehendingly, his features began to slide fluidly and change shape, almost like an alien shapeshifter he had once seen. But this change was far more profound, for strongly muscled torso and arms were fading from green to something almost human in tone. The body was shrinking to something leaner, sleek and graceful. Tousled black hair springing in a shaggy mass from its head, and the face becoming human, though with a strange, supernatural beauty. Well didn't they call demons fallen angels?

The awesome transformation wasn't what made the agent cry out in shock though. It was the fact that he recognised the demon in his new body. Lane stared back at him with those beautiful cat pupiled eyes and high cheekbones. And smiled his arrogant challenging, sensuous smile, this time showing satisfaction too.

"My name is Kulain, Mulder," and Mulder knew he would hear the sensuality of that voice for the rest of his life. And Kulain blew a kiss as he left the town behind him, and went off into freedom.

xx

Chapter 2—Redemption

Kulain smiled. The human, Mulder's consent had released in him unimaginable power, anchored him in this reality. But such a frail link must be protected, guarded and guided in his choices. It was easy to nudge the minds of humans to do his bidding. Even easier to send a jolt of power through their computers, to make just a few small alterations. And so he made his plans.

The report that Mulder had to write was one of the most difficult he had ever had to make. He could hardly say that he had been fucked to exhaustion by a demon. Nor that it had been one of the most terrifying, fulfilling experiences of his life. Or that he could still feel those caresses across his skin, even now. He forced the memory away. Finally he had lied, told some tale of how he had uncovered a conspiracy between the sheriff and his deputies to cover up their cult activities. The faked photo had been to scare their less than enthusiastic followers and most of the witnesses had fled the town in fear. That bit was true anyway.

The interview with Skinner had been difficult. Skinner had placed the report on his desk after reading it, had steepled his hands together and stared at Mulder for a long time. Mulder shifted nervously under that intent gaze.

"There isn't anything you want to add to this report, Agent Mulder?"

"No, Sir."

Skinner sighed. "I don't believe a word of it Mulder. There are three reasons. Firstly, the state police found absolutely no evidence of cult activities at your forest site. Secondly, the lab boys couldn't see how that photo was faked. And most importantly of all, there are no records in any computer database of a sheriff called Lane in that town. The actual sheriff is a man called Joe Haldane, who's been in the town for over twenty years, although he was at a conference during the time of your visit. Personally, I think you've been working too hard."

Mulder's mouth fell open in shock, and an expression of disbelief crossed his face at Skinner's next words.

"I'm suspending you from active duty as of now. You'll confine yourself to office duties for the next three months. Spender can look after the X files since Scully is on release to Quantico." He smiled grimly. "If you can't play it straight with me Mulder, you can expect to be training new agents in paperwork and transcribing wiretaps for a while."

Mulder found himself back in his office with no clear memory of the trip downstairs. Spender would be pleased, no doubt, the smug bastard.

The next few weeks were spent in long dreary office work, but it was the nights that began to haunt him. Whenever his mind drifted towards sleep it was as if he was in that grubby little town again, hearing the low chanting that echoed through his dreams. And the memory of dark laughter inside his mind, flesh sliding against inhuman flesh. The feel of talons slipping down his back. Night after night, longing to be taken in long hard thrusts, brought to screaming, shuddering peaks. Over it all was the desperate loneliness that filled his every waking moment when he wasn't working. Perhaps if he had a lover to turn to, he would have forgotten, but no lover had ever caused such an intense response from his body. He was filled with a loss, an echoing emptiness. Sometimes he found himself weeping, and more than once he just wanted to jump into his car and keep on driving, anywhere...

His plans were nearing completion. It was increasingly easy to pass for human, his occasional slips were hidden by the fog he created in human minds. And of course their minds were reluctant to accept the supernatural as a reality. So easy to appear young, fairly naive and moderately intelligent. To use the good looks of his present body to ensure a willing supply of enthusiastic bed partners. In short to appear a young and attractive FBI trainee who showed much potential, despite his late transfer onto the course.

With a sigh of resignation, Mulder dashed into the FBI building, late on Monday morning. Another sleepless night. His work was beginning to suffer and even Scully had heard, telephoning from Quantico to ask if he needed help. Maybe a referral to see a specialist...? He hurried to the third floor, his long legs taking the stairs two at a time and slowed only when he reached the briefing room—late. The agent giving the briefing scowled briefly then continued his orientation talk—how new agents were assigned an older, more experienced agent to show them the ropes. He was about to spend the next month of his life shackled to some green kid. Mulder let his mind drift as he waited for his assignee. Then hisname was called and his new young partner turned to look at him.

Time froze.

Utterly green eyes, high exotic cheekbones and wide sensuous mouth curved in a sardonic smile. A face so familiar from a thousand haunted dreams.

Kulain.

Or as he was officially, Agent Lane.

Was this a dream. Did he need professional help that much. Or was he really staring into the eyes of his inhuman lover, subject of a thousand erotic fantasies in his mind. The smile deepened. A long fingered hand reaching out to grasp his in a handshake. The shock of contact between their palms, like a jolt of electricity up his arm. Somehow, in a daze, leading the way down to his basement office and shutting the door.

Then need overwhelmed him and he stumbled forward, his hands clutching at Kulain's smart shirt, clinging to him like an anchor in reality. From the moment he had seen Kulain it was as if the other half of his soul had returned. As perhaps it had. Never mind whether this being was man or demon, beloved or despised. All he wanted was to feel that body close to him again. Then those strong arms went up around him again and for the first time in what felt like centuries he was held close to another, a lover. Some part of him wanted to stay in the protective arch of those arms forever. He knew his response was crazy, he shouldn't be reacting so strongly or with such dependence. He could only dream about how dangerous the demon really was. But his instincts told him that this was the one place in the world that would always be safe, protected. So he surrendered to the embrace, trying to fill the loneliness in his heart.

How long he was held would forever be a mystery, but at some point he lifted his head and found himself staring into that ....beloved.... face, those emerald eyes. Then those dark lips covered his in a searing kiss that made him forget everything else. Lips parted, tongue probing his mouth. His hands were pulling Kulain's head down, desperately trying to drink in the taste of his lover, like the sea. A hot flood of desire. Burning kisses working their way down his body, licking and biting at his neck.

Oh yes, the time spent amusing himself with human lovers had taught him the rewards of patience. To bring a response from a hesitant body using a thousand tricks with fingers and mouth. But the heat between himself and this human was like no other human he had ever touched. An unexpected result of the ceremony he had performed when he first took Mulder, to mingle his essence with the human's soul. Eager to experience more of the inferno of desire he had unleashed, he caught hold of the human's shirt and ripped it from top to bottom, throwing away the discarded rag so he could drink in the sight of Mulder's body.

Mulder found himself half naked, incredibly aroused. Being kissed and licked across his chest, then feeling his lover's attention move to his shoulders and the nape of his neck. Fingers scraping exquisitely down his spine, circling his waist to loosen his clothing. Quickly fumbling to comply. Then in the heat of passion, pushed forward across his desk. He whimpered as urgent fingers probed his body, opening him wide, slippery with cool lubricant. Had he been so prepared for this then.....?

Kulain's need must have been as great as his own because only a few moments later he felt the other begin to enter him. Mulder gasped in pain at the first thrust, moaned at the unaccustomed feeling of a lover deep inside him. Then that magnificent cock was thrusting hard inside him. He cried out at the intensity of feeling being generated inside him. His own erection was rubbing against the desk beneath him in sweet torture.

Kulain's movements were increasing in urgency, and Mulder found his hands clawing the edge of the desk. His body had been crying out for sex for so long that when he finally came, he heard himself screaming wildly again and again. Kulain, with a shuddering gasp, reaching his own climax moments later. Their bodies fell together against the desk, and for long moments, they lay in stillness, both sated, holding each other.

Was this what the humans called love..? To be so content in anothers arms...? To enjoy the feel of a strong body against his so much. This thing called humanity , which he had held in contempt, seemed to have unexpected and fascinating avenues which called for exploration. Still, it was good that he could find release in sex so readily. It released those aggressive urges that plagued him from time to time. It was a good substitute for the taste of blood, for the feel of hot flesh tearing beneath his talons and the delights of the hunt.

Mulder stirred beneath Kulain and pushed at him.

"Please, we've got to get straightened up...if anyone comes in...." He did his best to clean himself up, then fumbled with his pants. His shirt was ruined though, but a rather grubby spare at the back of one of his cupboards would have to do. Kulain was already seated, looking immaculate, even as Mulder fumbled with his buttons. Kulain's smile was, as ever, half amused, and Mulder wondered whether it was just him or maybe the whole of humanity that gave him entertainment.

"Quite a way to greet a new agent," he said softly. Then, as Mulder grinned shyly, he said "We have to talk Fox......"

Mulder found himself mute. What did you say to a demon by way of small talk? Or a partner you barely knew except to fuck. Come to think of it he didn't have much experience in what lovers talked about.....it had been so long.

Kulain laughed. "Perhaps you'd better give me some idea of what I have to do in the office."

Mulder gasped. "You mean you really do intend to work here?!!"

Amusement. "For someone experienced in deceit and bloodshed, it would seem to be a job with a lot of possibilities." His smile became wolf—like. "Your reputation at the academy suggests you find your share of trouble."

Mulder flushed, then answered angrily, "Just because I'm not on the X files anymore doesn't mean I'm out in the cold forever. Half of this is your fault anyway. Why did you have to pick on me?"

Those eyes narrowed. "Mulder, you don't want to annoy me. It would be better if we talked tonight. You can take me to your apartment. Now....hadn't you better show me around the surveillance department."

Mulder couldn't help it, as if in denial of his earlier passion, his mind seemed to crave the clean hard taste of rage. Trying to shut out the intensity of his feelings, his deepest desires....... to feel every day the embrace of those long arms......No, it wasn't possible.....

He felt his eyes prickle with tears. By a tremendous effort of will, he forced his mind onto work, guiding his lover around the department, assigning him tasks, ignoring the questioning look in those green eyes.

He didn't see Skinner watching him from the supervisor's office. Months of odd behaviour had been seen and reported by his colleagues.

"It's evident that he's let his standards drop. He looks shoddy and unkempt. Three mornings this week he's been late, and there have been complaints about his written reports." The supervisor was scathing in his condemnation.

Skinner sighed. "Tell him to come to my office tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. I'll give him a formal warning."

Taming the human was proving more challenging than he had anticipated. He was so responsive when it came to sex, but trying to work out the intricacies of human emotions were quite taxing. Though he was able to learn phenomenally fast, he didn't understand the source of Mulder's anger. They seemed to spark off each other, and he found it difficult to control his violent urges. It never even occurred to him why he was trying.........

Mulder scowled as he sat on his couch. Kulain sat in the chair opposite, apparently relaxed, his long legs stretched out in front of him.

"I've got an appointment tomorrow with A. D. Skinner, someone's reported me for "unsuitable behaviour inappropriate to an agent of the FBI". Do you know what that means?"

An inscrutable look.

......tear.....rend......shake the prey into submission....

"Why are you doing this to me? Why couldn't you leave me alone? Did you have to get me into trouble too?"

Mulder's control was becoming precarious. He didn't know why he felt such rage. Then he was crossing the room in two steps, lunging at Kulain, aiming the blow at the source of his pain, as hard as he could. To hurt him as much as the pain inside him was hurting......

The need......the terror of being alone......

And his hand was seized in a movement so fast he didn't even see Kulain move. Cool green talons closed around his wrist, half extended from their retractable housings.

"Are you so eager to die then?"

Mulder tried to pull his wrist away but in a single fluid motion, his arm was jerked forward. Then, overbalanced he was falling against Kulain. Then held, desperately struggling against Kulain's lap until he finally gave up and lay still. To find his face inches from Kulain's crotch made him catch his breath. It brought the conflict within him boiling to the surface.

Unexpected desire made him catch his breath. Before he could stop himself, he was nuzzling at the fabric covering Kulain's cock. Letting the dark wave of lust take him away from the pain. His arms were suddenly free, and it was so easy to pull at the zipper in front of him as his lover's body stirred in response. He ran his tongue down that beautiful cock from tip to base. Then taking the tip into his mouth, running the tip of his tongue across the head. He began to suck, half hesitantly on it. Kulain groaned in response, and pulled Mulder's head closer. Taking that swollen organ into his mouth as fully as he could, gagging slightly at the size of it..... Held tightly, Mulder began to move his body instinctively in a rhythm...

Almost immediately, Kulain climaxed. Mulder found it difficult to swallow all the semen and some of it began to dribble down him chin. Then a finger tilting his chin up, and dark lips meeting his in a kiss that went on and on. Licking his face clean. A smile

He leaned his head against Kulain's stomach afterwards, his body beginning to shake in reaction. Why had he done that? He had never sucked cock before in his life, so the impulse had left him bewildered. Yet at the time there wasn't anything in the world he'd rather be doing. His behaviour was definitely becoming more bizarre with wild mood swings. But for the moment he lay still, his arms tightly holding Kulain's waist, as long fingers stroked his hair. A wave of despair surged through him.

"Help me", he whispered, "Please..I think I'm going mad..."

"No," Kulain's voice was soft, "you're not mad. But our relationship is hardly what you'd call conventional."

"What?" A frightened voice.

"You need me, Fox. Do you deny it?" Silence. Mulder was utterly still, then he lifted up his head to stare into Kulain's eyes. Deep inside he felt the smallest stirring of hope.

"Then let me stay here with you. You like what I do to you, and I need to understand your species more clearly. So we can both get what we want."

Finally, Mulder let the tears come, sobbing as if his heart would break, all the pressures and tensions, all of the loneliness and despair that he had kept hidden for so long.

And he was held. Without judgement or censure. Only with strength and an unexpected tenderness. Perhaps Kulain had learnt more than he realised about his puzzling and occasionally irritating human lover. Mulder was held until the storm of anguish passed. Until, exhausted, he fell into an uneasy sleep. At some time during the night, he was carried into the bedroom and lain on the bed, though he didn't wake. He was held like fine china when restless and whimpering, the nightmares came. And were soothed away by stroking fingers. Kulain discovered how important it was to him not to upset the fragile emotional balance that he had created. A complex and fascinating new skill.

The sensation of a warm body held in his arms stirred strange feelings in Kulain. Not Predator:Prey which he understood so well, but something different. Not exploitative, but with its own advantages. The closest he could come to describing it, his limited understanding of humans was admiration:respect:protect from damage And he found that he liked it

Mulder woke. For the first time in months his sleep hadn't been disturbed by confused and torturous nightmares, and he had slept peacefully through the night. He wasn't sure how he had ended up on the bed, but waking up next to his lover, held in those strong arms had felt so good. So very, very good. His hair softly stroked and a murmured voice in his ear, "You're awake."

A kiss soft against his forehead. A smile with no mockery or hostility. Kulain rose, went out of the bedroom, and came back a few minutes later carrying a cup of coffee. Mulder unexpectedly found himself laughing at the incongruity of the scene. He sipped at the coffee and surprisingly, found it one of the best cups of coffee he had ever tasted. That wry grin, then Kulain wiggled his fingers suggestively. " I zapped it," he said and a spark seemed to flash across his fingertips.

Yes, a lover of exceptional talents, some of them unexpected. But even if he was beginning to feel alive again, to feel good, Mulder still had to face the interview with Skinner that morning.

In an oddly human gesture, Kulain hugged him as he left for Skinner's office.

The A. D. kept Mulder waiting for ten minutes, then he was summoned into the office.

"I have to give you a formal warning Mulder. Your work's gone downhill for months. If you don't improve within two weeks I'll have no choice but to request a board of enquiry. It may be better for you to resign."

Mulder stared in disbelief. He had been close to the edge for so long. He could feel his new found strength begin to unravel. Feeling himself start to shake. The sudden feeling of desolation and loneliness. Total despair. Then the unexpected, welcome feel of arms around him, so familiar, as Kulain came to his support. Drawing him into a protective embrace, soothing him. Skinner rose to his feet in astonishment.

"Where the hell did you come from?"

Kulain's angry gaze fixed on the A.D. and some emotion he saw there made Skinner freeze. In more danger than he had ever been in his adventurous life.

"I've been here a while," Kulain said softly. "didn't you notice me?"

There was a coldness in his tone that chilled Skinner's blood. Then cat pupilled green eyes flashed. Skinner swallowed. He didn't know exactly who or what this man was, but the danger hadn't receded. Very slowly he sat down and gestured at the chair opposite.

"Sit down." Skinner didn't lack courage.

And just as carefully, Kulain guided a shaking Mulder to a seat and gently pushed him down into it, standing behind, his arms protectively on his lover's shoulders. One long fingered hand carefully brushed away the tear on Mulder's cheek.

"Mulder is mine. If you should even think about hurting him, you and the rest of your family will die slowly." A sly smile. Shall I prove how efficient I would be." And a taloned hand reached out, claws fully extended to two inches, slicing into the expensive wood and leather of Skinner's desktop. Sinking through the fine materials, inches deep.

Skinner swallowed.

"Who are you?" he asked nervously. He slid his hand slowly towards the gun in his desk drawer.

One single talon raised warningly in that direction stopped him. Dark laughter. "You know me as Lane. You've just assigned Agent Mulder to look after me on your training program. But we've met before."

Sudden realisation. Skinner remembered that stupid report Mulder had tried to fake. "You were the sheriff that had something to do with the demon cult Mulder investigated. Oh my god!"

"Not quite". Another disturbing smile. "You were right, there were certain things Mulder didn't tell you about our last meeting." A gentle smile at Fox, who was sitting dazed, staring at them.

"Mulder and I have an understanding. He has accepted my protection. But I think you'll find that I can be very useful to you, in return for your co-operation. I can solve his problems and yours."

"If you could pass all our security checks and stay hidden all these months I don't doubt that you're a good operative. But what guarantee would I have that you'd stay out of trouble?"

Skinner, to his own surprise, actually found himself considering the strange proposal. Oddly, he didn't doubt 'Lanes concern for Mulder. And it was enough of a basis to establish limited trust.

"Alright, if you can get Mulder into shape, I'll consider employing you as a field agent. But not on the X files. They've been taken over by Spender."

"Then let us investigate more occult cases". A. dark smile. "I have a lot of experience in that area."

Skinner nodded decisively, it was agreed then. He looked at the still shivering Mulder. "Take a holiday Mulder. You look as if you need it. It'll give you time to work things out with your, er, associate. Then you'll both be on probation." Another nervous glance at hands that had slowly begun to appear human again.

Long fingers caught at Mulder's unresisting arm, and drew him, compliant, from the office. Into a new phase of his life.

Mulder responded best to gentleness and seemed to gain strength from prolonged passive contact. Such a strange idea. Of course he also reacted well to vigorous sexual activity in different forms. All things considered, life was proving quite interesting. His careful plans were well on schedule.

xx

Chapter 3—Revelation

Mulder stared at his reflection in the mirror. He was no longer sure who the stranger was who stared back at him. They said that it made you stronger to go through the fires of hell, meaning "to face a crisis in your life." But the metaphor had a more literal meaning for him. He had faced a crisis of sexual identity, and his partner wasn't even entirely human. His reflection showed a thinner, more shadowed face. Then he smiled in welcome, his young face lighting up. Something he was only used to seeing in his face recently, joy. Kulain slid his arms round Mulder and he snuggled back into that warm embrace.

"I've got a present for you, Fox." Then his lover produced a small golden earring and held it up to Mulder's left ear. Mulder's eyes widened,for there was a world of suggestion in wearing that particular symbol. The twin in fact to the one Kulain had taken to wearing, once he found out about that particular human custom. Then a single retractable talon emerged from the tip of Kulain's fingertip, a quick, sharp sting and the ring was fitted in place. And the single drop of blood was licked from Kulain's finger.

A stranger stared back at Mulder now. The last link with his old life was gone.

For the past two weeks Mulder had spent most of his time in exhilarating, passionate love—making. And talking about himself, his ideas, his hypotheses on everything from alien abduction to zombies. He'd never let anyone hear most of it, not even Scully. But though he sometimes sensed Kulain's amusement at his odder ideas, there was never condemnation.

Once or twice he even dropped hints in his own sphere of knowledge that sparked whole new ideas in Mulder's mind. Occasionally, Mulder sensed the demon's puzzlement over some aspect of human behaviour, as if he was being studied in return. He only hoped that they were ready to work together for the F.B.I. He had no doubt as to Kulain's defensive capabilities. A few small demonstrations of lightning speed and agility had proved that, and his talons were a formidable weapon that could be quickly deployed. Kulain's sensitivity to the supernatural was as yet an untested resource, as he seemed reluctant to hint at his abilities.

xx

"Damn you then, why does it have to be me? I've always preferred to avoid Mulder." Alex Krycek glared at the Cigarette Smoking Man, who he hated, and feared, immensely.

"We thought that Mulder was finished. Every indication was that he was going over the edge. A few weeks longer and he would have been out of the bureau, probably on his way to an asylum. Now we hear that he has a new partner, and Skinner is trusting him enough to make him head of a new investigative squad. We want him taken care of, one way or the other before he regains his credibility. How long before he decides to meddle in our affairs again?"

Alex sighed. He had always respected Mulder's rather naive honesty, and if the truth were told, he had always nursed a secret attraction for Mulder, since they had first met. Mulder had never picked up on his sly hints though. It should be easy enough to sneak into his apartment tonight and fake a burglary. If Mulder was hurt during a robbery, then he would certainly be out of commission for long enough to satisfy the Consortium.

Sure Alex, now you're looking for a way not to kill him. Stupid asshole. He's going to die anyway if he meddles with those bastards again. God, the thought of that...

There was a wrongness in the night, and he sensed that danger was close. Rising silently from Mulder's side, he moved cautiously out of the bedroom, his movements swift and lithe. Claws deployed, he lifted his head nostrils flaring, and sniffed the night air. He felt the uplift brought by the need to hunt. A dance with darkness which had only one victor. A stirring of the air as the window was silently lifted open, and a darkness flowed gracefully into the room. His pupils narrowed in appreciation. Another hunter, though one far inferior to him. The darkness crept closer to the bedroom door, close enough for supernaturally keen sight to see the young man's features and recognise them from many bureau bulletins.

Alex Krycek.

Inhuman eyes narrowed in appreciation. The bulletins had made no mention of the human's taut, well muscled body, or the grace of his sleek movements. Unexpectedly Kulain felt a flare of desire, chasing away the sharp, cruel longings stirred by the hunt. Silently he moved in the deepest shadows, following the young human into the bedroom, and watched motionless as Alex approached his lover. There was little danger to Fox, not when his guardian could so swiftly move against any threat

Muscles tensing, Alex moved quickly forward, gun in his one good hand. Mulder lay curled up asleep on the bed, his naked body half covered by the sheets. Alex tensed, then flung himself on top of Mulder, using his knees to pin down Mulder's arms and shoulders. Before Mulder could react with more than a gasp, the gun was pressed coldly against his forehead.

"You're in deep shit Mulder," he said softly.

Dazed, his former partner could only stare at him in bewilderment. "What do you want, Krycek? I don't understand why you're here."

Alex chuckled, and Mulder felt a coldness trail down his cheek as Alex let the gun caress his skin. "Maybe I came just to jump your bones Mulder, you ever think of that?"

Mulder's eyes widened. Then Alex noticed the gleam of gold at Mulder's ear. It was his turn to be surprised. He let the gun move up towards the earring, rubbed its muzzle softly under Mulder's ear. Mulder moaned, not in fear but as though he was enjoying the caress. Alex felt secret astonishment. When had Mulder ever shown the slightest interest in those special, deliciously dangerous games that Alex loved so much. It was like a wet dream come true. He wondered how far he could take the game. And also felt a small pang of jealousy. Wherever Mulder had learned his new flexibility, some new lover must have been his teacher. He wished that he could have been the first one to make Mulder moan in that disturbing new way.

Alex felt himself stirring in response to the little kitten like sounds of pleasure Mulder was making, as he began to rub his body against the stronger man. Moving back, slowly and carefully so Mulder could get more leverage against the bed. Straddling the agent's hips and sliding his hand across the smooth naked chest. Irresistibly, leaning forward to kiss Mulder, capturing that juicy lower lip between his and suckling it. Mulder's arms coming up, not to push him away, but to pull his head down and drink in the taste of those lips. God his erection was so tight in the leather pants now. Fumbling awkwardly with one hand to try and undo his belt. Fox moving his hands slowly down and completing the task. A clumsy rush to pull off his clothing, then he was naked, on top of Mulder, feeling the fire of sweet kisses across his neck and chest.

Mulder was more than ready for sex now , his rock hard erection pressing against Alex's lower abdomen. Alex began to rub his body against that beautiful cock, then shifted position to slowly tongue it. The moans Mulder was making were so arousing.

The watcher relaxed as he saw the young human place his gun in a pocket, then his interest sharpened. Alex Krycek was plainly aroused by his contact with Mulder's body. Soon it became evident that Alex had thrown caution to the winds and was far too involved with Mulder to notice the watcher, so still was he. The human stripped quickly, in between frantic kisses, and Kulain sighed softly in appreciation. The body he saw was superbly fit, only marred by a savage trauma, where a vicious assault had severed the upper arm. Then the human became impatient, flipping Mulder onto his stomach, ready for sex

Alex found himself so excited he could barely stop himself plundering that beautiful ass. He slid a finger inside Mulder's tightness, gently working it back and forth to loosen him up. Mulder moaned and thrust back against the exploring fingers. He was so ready. Alex rubbed the precum across the head of his penis, then began to press his cock against the tight entrance. A short thrust, and Mulder groaned in evident ecstasy. Whoever his lover had been, he must have regularly plundered this particular treasure, because Mulder couldn't get enough of him. He thrust his hips back unexpectedly, and Alex found himself impaling the agent fully. That hot tightness was almost too much for him.

"Fuck me, damn you. I want it so bad." Mulder's voice was hoarse with desire.

You lucky Alex. Anything to oblige

He'd remember this night for a long time. Mulder's movements became more frantic beneath him as his movements increased in speed.

"Harder!", Mulder screamed, so Alex pushed Mulder's shoulders down, riding him as strongly as he could.

Who taught you to like it rough, Mulder?

Then Mulder convulsed beneath him, muscles contracting fiercely, pumping Alex deliciously, bringing him to the edge of his orgasm and beyond.

Afterwards Alex found it irresistible to lie with his one good arm around Mulder, who made a small satisfied sound, then curled up against him. Almost immediately, his change in breathing told Alex that Mulder was asleep. This was crazy. He was supposed to be threatening and/or killing Mulder, not fucking him. How exactly had Mulder got inside his defences anyway? He couldn't even remember where he had dropped his gun, in his hurry to undress. Alex drowsed, his body utterly relaxed. Perhaps later he would be able to persuade Mulder to spread his legs again. Even his well honed instinct for survival couldn't have warned him of the supernatural predator who moved towards him. But at the moment his body was sunk into such a sweet languor that he was an even easier target for Kulain.

The first and only warning Alex had was when his one good arm was seized in an iron grip, and jerked savagely up against the bed head. A click and his hand was handcuffed there securely. Before he could even shout, a cool sharpness against his neck made him freeze. He felt a weight settle on the bed behind him and a cold voice murmured in his ear.

"In my bed with my lover. Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now..."

Alex swallowed, felt his balls contract up towards his stomach in terror. The voice continued. "Perhaps I should kill him too for betraying me."

"No!" The word came out before Alex could stop it. "It wasn't his fault...I made him..."

"Then you'll have to pay...But how?" A soft suggestive chuckle, deepening as a tremor ran through his captives' body.

"You don't even know what you're involved in, Alex Krycek".

A stir.

Letting his lips brush against the back of Alex's head, Kulain inhaled deeply. The scent of leather, musky sweet. "Oh yes, I recognise you."

Then long fingers slid across Alex's shoulder, down in front of his face. Kulain let his claws expand from their housings, two inch long curved talons, and the human's response was most satisfactory. A small whimper as Alex realised exactly how far out of his depth he was. Kulain let his talons run across the firm young body, gently applying pressure, enough to barely mark the skin but not to damage it. Pressing a single claw against one rounded nipple. The human gasped as it came erect. The other hand, which had been resting against Alex's neck, now stroked upwards along his cheekbone. Kulain slid one finger around the human's mouth, then rubbed that talon against the lower lip. Slightly too much pressure made a small cut and a small trickle of blood stained Alex's lip. Forcing the human onto his back with one strong hand, he lowered his lips and kissed Alex, tasting the salty blood, savouring the chemicals in it that told of fear and echoes of lust. A heady mixture. Then he lowered his attention to the muscular torso.

Alex felt dizzy. Those light caresses across his chest and then his back again were so very erotic, with the spice of danger that he loved. He had always lived close to the edge, but no sex partner had ever scared and excited him so much. He gasped as those hands swept over him, moving lower. He heard his own hoarse voice echoing Mulder's earlier passion. Is this the way Fox reacted when this man touched him? Despite the discomfort of the handcuff, he was becoming very aroused.

No Alex. No. I'm not going to beg for it. I'm not!

Alex bit his lip to stop himself crying out. That would feel so humiliating, even if his erection was so evident. Kulain laughed. What the human wanted was so obvious in every sensuous movement of his body beneath those questing hands. Pushing the human onto his stomach, he slid a finger deep inside him. He felt a wave of hunger, and after only a few minutes of preparation, thrust himself into those hot depths. Alex yowled in pain and lust. Kulain's size was impressive, Alex had seldom had to stretch himself so wide for a lover. But the pressure of those expert thrusts was incredible, exquisite. He gasped in unison with those hard strokes, then came explosively. But his strong lover kept on moving, bringing him to the edge again within minutes. This time they climaxed together. He screamed wildly, then he felt the sensations overwhelm him, and for the first time in his life, he fainted in sexual ecstasy.

He must only have been out seconds, but waking felt so good. Those arms around him. The realisation that his arm was free, no longer trapped by handcuffs. Sensuous laughter in his ear as a body nestled against his.

"Do you want to leave now, Alex? Debt paid". Lips brushing the back of his neck. "Or you could stay...You'll enjoy it."

DID HE WANT TO STAY? GODDAMIT YES! MORE SEX LIKE THAT!! YES. YES. YES.

Mulder made a small questioning sound in his deep sleep and snuggled up to him. Alex wondered dreamily why he hadn't woken. Still, with the amount of sex he was getting... Alex felt incredible lassitude and his mind and body followed Mulder down into sleep.

He had two humans to serve him now. The dark sensuous Alex, who prided himself on his independence, but had a vulnerable core. The naive, curiously sweet Mulder, who was beginning to learn how flexible life could be. Both of them were beginning to bond together now. To make a stable unit which could hold out against the dark that was coming. Darkness and light were becoming entwined.

xx

Chapter 4—Retribution

Mulder woke that morning to the sound of quiet voices in the room nearby. Odd, Kulain rarely showed interest in the T.V. He rose and quickly showered, then towelled himself dry, slipped on a T shirt and jeans, then went to get his morning dose of coffee. He kept remembering scenes from the oddest dream. Alex Krycek fucking his brains out. Alex kissing him fiercely... He wondered why he'd had such a hot fantasy.

He walked into the kitchen and stopped dead. Kulain, ever the sensualist, was dressed in a black silk shirt open at the throat to display ivory skin. He wore tight black leather trousers. He was leaning back, relaxed, in one of the kitchen chairs. Standing close to him, back to the door was a tall dark haired figure wearing only a towel round his waist. Kulain's hand slipped round the man's waist, ran his fingers lightly down the long spine, to the edge of the towel, tracing the outline of the firm muscles.

Mulder must have made some small noise in his throat, for both men turned towards him. A faint trace of amusement crossed Kulain's face. But Alex! Alex smiling brilliantly at him, his face lighting up with welcome. He automatically smiled back in response, despite his shock.

"We let you sleep Mulder, seems like you needed the rest." Alex's voice virtually purred with satisfaction.

Mulder you idiot, don't stand there with your mouth open. Shit! Are you angry with me then? Don't look at me like that

Mulder couldn't think of what to say. Alex's face fell in disappointment. His eyes were filled with a curiously vulnerable look. Then Kulain's hand gently applied pressure to the small of Alex's back, pushing him towards Mulder. He stumbled forward, and instinctively, Mulder put out his arms. Suddenly the agent's body was in full contact with a virtually naked, warm skinned Alex Krycek. And in a heartbeat they were kissing, pressing hard against each other, drinking each other in.

Eventually coming up for air.

Kulain laughed softly. Mulder found himself blushing fiercely. Alex grinned. "I take it you aren't mad about last night?"

Mulder shook his head, torn between laughter and exasperation.

"Krycek, you're incorrigible! You never even told me what you were doing in my apartment. Was it because you were horny?"

"Mulder, if you don't watch out, you're going to get yourself killed. The Consortium want you dead, and your boyfriend is the dangerous sort."

"You aren't my boyfriend yet, Ratboy."

"Yeah, well, give me time". Alex grinned, then his face became serious. "We really need to talk Mulder."

"Tonight, Krycek."

As the two of them left for work, Mulder lifted his eyes to stare at Kulain.

"You like him." Not a question.

"Yes, I like him." A softly hissed reply from Kulain.

"What do you want from us?"

Dangerous ground this, Fox

"At the moment? Amusement."

Hot lust stirred in him when he thought of his two human lovers. Such a beautiful sight, moving together, limbs entangled. Tongues probing. Muscles and tendons straining, enhanced by the hot sheen of sweat. Slick surfaces gliding together. Burning flood of desire:possesion:need

But shadows were gathering to act against him. Time later to plan how exquisite willing bodies would move against him. Now it was time to reach down and draw in power. To open himself to the darkside and answer the call of his blood.

All day as he worked in the office, Mulder kept remembering the arousing and enthusiastic young body that had been pressed against him. Why was Alex doing this? Was it part of some plot? His paranoia resurfaced unexpectedly. Then laughing to himself, he relaxed. Kulain would give Alex a big surprise if he tried anything stupid. From the look on Alex's face this morning as Kulain left, he wasn't sure whether he had fallen into hell or won the lottery. But he seemed keen to find out.

Alex was already in the department when the two agents reached it that evening. He was reclined comfortably on Mulder's dark couch, watching a stupid movie on T.V. Something about a killer and his gangster's moll riding through the desert with a couple of bozos.

He looked up and grinned lazily.

"Didn't think you'd mind if I made myself at home Mulder."

Mulder sat down on the edge of the couch, pushing Alex back a little. A warm arm slid round his waist. Alex shifted slightly so that Mulder could lean right back against his chest. He began to kiss the back of Mulder's neck, slow soft kisses that sent a whisper of sensation down his spine.

This felt good. This felt very good.

"Don't take it fast, Alex, I want it to be so slow. Just hold me for now." Need flooded through Mulder. Not for sex, but for human contact. The moment their eyes met he had felt a spark leap between him and Alex. Something precious, to be nurtured. It made him feel scared to think about it. Not with Alex, of all people! Was it true what they said, nothing was out of your reach if you really wanted it?

Mulder drowsed, just enjoying the feel of Alex's body against him.

Mulder, what are you doing to me? I want to cover you with kisses. I want to feel your body open to mine. So why the hell does it feel so good to have you in my arms, just lying still

Kulain moved restlessly around the apartment, only half aware of the two who lay in each others arms on the couch. The half felt energy leaping between them. Something inside them bonding together, making both stronger. Darkness was coming, not just the absence of daylight, but a burning fierce hatred. He hissed and his claws automatically retracted to their full lengths. Lips drew back from slightly pointed teeth in a hoarse snarl... Blood. Ripping flesh. Hot blood spurting.

When Kulain growled in rage, Mulder's eyes flew open in surprise and alarm. Alex gasped and clutched at his shoulder uncertainly. The demon stood near the doorway, green eyes burning with luminous intensity. Alex whimpered. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please!" Odd how trauma would suddenly show itself in moments of tension. Then the door exploded inwards, suddenly full of dark clad, ski—masked men with guns. The Consortium had decided to take more direct action against Fox Mulder!

Even as those guns turned towards him, Alex catapulted off the couch, incredibly fast, so foolhardy, trying to reach his gun in the bedroom. Mulder sat frozen, knowing it was too late. But Kulain hadn't been idle. In a single fluid motion, he moved towards them. The first two in the doorway didn't stand a chance.

Savage claws slashed out at one throat, grating against the spinal column from the inside, on their way past. A half turn, faster than human eyes could follow. Talons moved together in a spearing motion, punching straight through the rib cage, closing round the heart and ripping it out in a forward movement. Bodies falling so slowly, even as he kicked out savagely, shattering another attacker's ribcage to mush beneath the sole of his foot. The fourth and last attacker seized at the neck with both hands, pivoted explosively with incredible strength and jerked backwards. Result: decapitation. Even as the first kill completed its fall towards the floor in a soggy thump.

The sheer violence and speed of the attack had taken both of the humans by surprise. The inhuman, impossibly fast movements and the sheer bloodshed. With a scowl of annoyance, Kulain flung away the head he had just liberated from its owner, onto the rug, where it landed with a soft plop. Alex had skidded to a stop, and was staring in terror and disbelief. Mulder just sat, beginning to shake in reaction.

"Shit, Mulder. I think you need a new carpet," Alex whispered softly.

Skinner shook his head tiredly. He had the beginnings of a headache and now this. Four goons who tried to attack Mulder. Who just happened to be with an unarmed combat specialist, another F.B.I. agent. Result: bloodshed. He had never seen anything like it before, even in Vietnam. That someones' hands had done this! Or so he told the clearup team No need to mention certain supernatural suspicions he had about Mulder's companion. Or the quickly concealed presence of a white faced Alex Krycek near Mulder's car. Though he did not like the young man, the look in Kulain's demonic eyes had stopped him cold from asking questions. Some things aren't worth it. Anyway, he told himself, maybe being under Kulain's control was a worse punishment than anything he could devise. He finally sent the two agents to a downtown hotel. No problem as long as they remained available. No one tried to kill his men with impunity.!

Kulain found himself pushing a shaking Mulder along the corridor towards their hotel room.

He felt so cold. So scared. What if Kulain hadn't... Then the guilt because he had...

Fingers fumbled at Mulder's clothes, stripping him. Then he was pushed under the shower, the hot steaming water washing away the blood spatters on his face. God knows what the hotel clerk had thought. Then Kulain joined him naked in the shower, sliding his arms around Mulder, holding him close in reassurance, even as the heat began to penetrate his chilled body. His knees felt weak, so he leaned gratefully against his lover.

He felt Kulain slowly becoming aroused at his closeness. Kulain's penis was soon hard against his back, as his body was rocked gently. Mulder felt himself rubbing harder, raising himself up onto the balls of his feet, opening his legs wider. Kulain slowly rubbing his cock against the crack between his buttocks. Mulder slid a finger inside himself, while those strong arms supported his body. Then he was guiding himself back onto that magnificently hard cock. Giving a deep sigh of contentment as it slid fully into him. He was used to Kulain now, knew how to minimise the discomfort of first penetration. But this time even the slight pain was a welcome blot to his memory.

God, all that blood. How did I get mixed up in this?

Mulder began to move his body more urgently, needing the sex to drive thoughts of blood and death from his mind.

Alex chuckled from the doorway. "Hey, is this a private party or can anyone join in?" His face still looked slightly pale, but he shed his clothing as he came closer, fumbling awkwardly as he struggled out of his shirt. Then he dropped onto his knees, half in the shower, so that the water began to soak his tousled hair. And eagerly began attacking Mulder's swollen cock. Licking and teasing the engorged head while he gripped the base firmly with his hand. Beginning a slow milking action with that hand. Light sensation of teeth scraping along the upper parts.

Mulder's fingers tangled in Alex's wet hair, pulling him closer. The movements of both his lovers, attacking his body from different angles was driving him wild. He could hear someone screaming in ecstasy, continuously. His own voice! Humans only have limited tolerance in situations of sensory overload, so within moments he climaxed, his cum spattering across Alex's face and shoulders. And Kulain, letting himself come too, with a satisfied sigh. For now.

Mulder's knees gave way and he slid bonelessly down the side of the shower stall , to sprawl on the floor. Alex hugged him. Kulain leaned down, then, and licked the spatter of semen from a surprised and gratified ex assassin.

Somehow the three of them ended up, slightly damp, in a tangle on the large hotel bed. Jealous Alex had managed to insinuate his body into the cosiest spot between Kulain and Mulder, softly murmuring "I want some of that later."

Yeah, Foxy, you aren't getting all the best bits. I want some too. Especially your tongue

In an amazingly short time his every wish was satisfied. Again. And again. And again.

What a day. Blood and lust. Mmmmm.

xx

Chapter 5—Reconciliation

Progress was being made, but there were still obstacles to overcome.

Law and Justice were such strange concepts, hard to work around. Alex, for one, was such a flawed masterpiece. His marred body and his lack of control were both annoying. Also Alex thought too much of his own pleasures and not of the consequences. But Mulder needed more than that from him, much more

Kulain's request had caught Skinner by surprise. He was a thorn in the side of the Consortium, and it was certainly better to have him as a friend. But this...! A request to assign Alex Krycek to the newly formed Occult Investigation Squad! Not only flouting a dozen laws, but against every good sense, as well as every personal hatred he felt.

Kulain had just smiled when he tried to logically point all of this out. And taken out a small cardboard box from his pocket, putting it on the desk. He tensed, because these days he never forgot quite what those hands were capable of. He studied it without touching the outside of the box. A snort of laughter, very disconcerting from that particular agent.

"Take it to your experts. Have them examine it. Then call me if you want to make a deal."

Quite a challenge. But within six hours of delivering the package to the F.B.I. forensic experts in Quantico, he had several phone calls, culminating in the Deputy Secretary of Defence himself sitting in his office. Begging, no less, for more information on a certain small device whose properties were even now being examined by the world's most brilliant physicists.

Skinner called Kulain to his office, where the agent had just smiled quietly. Smugly, almost.

"Hell touches on more worlds than you can possibly imagine. From time to time, useful items are appropriated. Do you want it or not?"

The Deputy Secretary had almost rubbed his hands together in anticipation, once he understood the complex situation Kulain was in. Greed in his eyes, he said, "For more tech products like that, I'm sure your requests can be accommodated." And when Skinner had tried to protest.

"Do you know what he gave you? Obviously not. He claimed it was a personal force shield generator with a miniaturised power supply. From what we've managed to find out so far, it's true. Mr...Er...Kulain, the U.S. Government wants to extend you every hospitality. I can arrange a free pardon for your friend if that would be satisfactory?"

Defeated, Skinner scowled. Then he looked intently at Kulain.

"Alright, but only if you guarantee his absolute loyalty personally."

Kulain smiled. "I can do that," he said. And without knowing why, Skinner felt a shiver run down his spine.

The younger of his two humans lacked discipline. There was a wild streak in him, born of fear and resentment and a lifetime surviving the cruellest things humans could dream up. Many of them far more cruel than the demon world if truth be told. The bruised look in his eyes whenever his arm failed him. No, cruelty wouldn't work. But there was a way

xx

Alex was having the time of his life. Having two lovers was exhilarating and exhausting in turn. With Kulain, for once in his life, he felt safe. A rare quality in his life. And not unimportantly, his lovemaking was mind blowing. Mulder was completely different, it was Alex's turn to feel protective. Mulder had no idea how ruthless their enemies could be. The thought of anything happening to him made Alex feel such pain. He loved the circle of Mulder's arms, the way he looked at Alex. He decided that he would have to do something VERY interesting to Fox that evening. Perhaps something very kinky and erotic with that chocolate sauce in the cupboard. There were parts of Mulder's body that really demanded a good licking! He loved to do the unexpected.

Kulain slid his arm around Mulder as the car drew up outside their apartment. A startled look crossed Mulder's face. He flushed.

"Why aren't you waiting till we get home? I get a bit uncomfortable doing it in public."

Kulain snorted. He would have to remember that remark and take Mulder in some unexpected place. It would be amusing to tease him. Then he remembered the seriousness of his young lover Alex's position. He needed the protection of the F.B.I. again, because he was so easy a target when Kulain wasn't there. "Mulder, do you trust me?"

Again a flicker of surprise. "Sure, but I'm NOT going to go down on you in the car! No way!"

Promises, promises. We'll see.

"No Mulder, I had something else in mind. Alex's arm!"

Open astonishment now. "I didn't realise you could do anything. You've never said anything before..." This because two months of bedding Alex might have offered other opportunities to talk about his disability.

"Yes I can help him. But it wont work if you don't do everything I say without question." Mulder swallowed nervously. "I'd do anything for Alex. You know that."

Then softly, "I need you to hold him down. I have to hurt him. A lot."

Mulder stared at him uncertainly. Then slowly nodded. "If it's the only way, I'll do it as soon as soon as I get a chance Kulain."

xx

Laughing, Alex grabbed Mulder the instant he came through the door. He pushed Mulder against the wall and began to work on the buttons of his shirt.

"I don't want that Alex!" Mulder said the words softly. And averted his eyes from the younger man's hurt and bewildered gaze. Alex flung himself down on the couch, a scowl on his face. Mulder closed his eyes for a moment. Then moving towards Alex, he sat next to him.

"I'm sorry Alex."Mulder slid his arms around his lover, pressing the lithe body firmly down onto the couch. Catching his good hand and gripping it. Pushing Alex with his weight so that he was firmly on top. He braced his knees on either side of Alex's torso and pressed his shoulders down. Then slowly he leaned forward and let his lips brush gently against the younger mans forehead.

"I love you, Alex."

The startled look in the younger man's eyes at that. Somehow it had never been said between them.

What was Mulder up to? He didn't usually like to be on top during sex. Why did he have to say that as well, no one ever gave a damn about him really. Why were tears streaming down Mulder's face?

Alex tried to reach up to brush away the tears. And Kulain's hand closed in a painful, vicelike grip on his stump. Two inch claws of the other hand arching down, slicing into the tender flesh. Utter shock and betrayal were reflected on the younger man's face, even as he opened his mouth to scream. Blood began to pool on the slick surface of the couch under his shoulder. He twisted, trying to escape, but the strength of Mulder's body held him down.

And having prepared his lover for the regrowth, Kulain, with a long talon, sliced into his own forearm, opening a slit from wrist to elbow. Blood that was black rather than red oozed out of the cut. A few rapid squeezes of fingers together brought more blood gushing out of the injury. Letting the dark liquid run down his arm then drip onto the savage score on Alex's arm. Demon blood began to mingle with the young humans'. Mulder, staring at him, eyes wide.

Within a few seconds Krycek's body convulsed massively upwards. Again and again, as his body was invaded, for long minutes. Then he collapsed backwards onto the couch.

"No!", Mulder whimpered in despair.

Kulain gripped his shoulder painfully. "He's not dead! But he's going to be sick for a while. Can you look after him?"

A nod. Then the two of them gently moved the deeply unconscious human onto the bed next door.

Pain. Burning its way into his arm like acid. A curious sense of otherness. Whirling psychedelic images, some familiar, others almost incomprehensible in their terrible alienness. Voices whispering inside his head. And above all the terrible coldness.

When Alex began to shiver uncontrollably, Mulder slid onto the bed next to him, pressing their bodies close, trying to warm and reassure his lover. Sometimes, as the fever progressed, Alex stirred fitfully, then as the infection took hold, began to mutter deliriously, his head thrashing from side to side in confusion and distress. Mulder held him, soothed his burning forehead, gently tending to his bodily needs. The fever burned fierce and hot. At one point Alex opened his eyes and recognition seemed to spark within them. Then he slowly turned his head away from his lover, to face the wall. Two large tears rolled down his cheeks to pool under his chin. Mulder closed his eyes in anguish.

Mulder had kept the arm covered, but the urge to look became irresistible. Fumbling at the sleeping man's arm, he uncovered the injury. His eyes widened. From the stump, an arm-like growth, as yet curiously undefined, was growing. In less than three days!

Later still, as Alex slept quietly, his fever beginning to subside, Kulain came into the room. He uncovered his work. It was a success. Alex had a new arm. Mulder thought he had never seen anything so beautiful. Then Kulain gently applied pressure to one white new fingertip. Mulder felt a thrill of superstitious terror as Alex's nails emerged like a cat, retractable claws. In fact, like Kulain's own.

Waking felt odd. Alex couldn't seem to remember the night before clearly, and there was an odd, gritty taste in his mouth. He felt lightheaded. Mulder moved from the side of the room to sit next to him on the side of the bed. He looked like shit, as if he hadn't slept for a week. He slid an arm around Alex's shoulder and gently gave him some sort of fruit juice. Alex accepted gratefully, then froze as memories flooded back. Mulder had betrayed him.

He slammed his fist as hard as he could at Mulder, but he was still weak from the fever so Mulder easily avoided the blow. And watched him with desolate eyes for a moment, before he fled the room.

The door opened again to admit Kulain. Alex felt an immediate flood of terror and shrank back. It only seemed to amuse the demon, who caught hold of both shoulders, holding him still.

"I'm glad to see you awake Alex." Then the young man's green eyes flared with anger and despair. With all his strength, he brought his arms up to strike out desperately at his new tormentor. And stopped, totally still, unmoving, in stunned realisation of what he had just done.

Dazed he stared at the arm. It had to be a dream, and what a cruel one. Then why did it feel so real

Kulain gently grasped the limb, squeezed his new hand and looked smug.

"Do you like my present Alex? It's real, I promise you."

Then overwhelmed, the human clutched at Kulain, sobbing in anguish in his dark lover's arms. Nearby, Mulder heard him weeping as if his heart was broken, and sank onto the floor in the corner of the room huddling in on himself, rocking his body to and fro in distress.

A week later, Alex found himself in Skinner's office, dressed in his best bad suit, being given a new badge and gun. It was plain that he didn't like the idea, but somehow Kulain seemed to have swung it with the powers that be. Everything was forgiven, apparently, because Kulain seemed to have important friends in top government circles. The funniest moment of that very odd day was when Skinner had first noticed the rather conspicuous new arm that seemed to have appeared on his body!

Sarcasm, Alex?

It felt good to slip his badge away while Skinner watched every movement of his hand in disbelief

"I told you he's loyal to me, isn't that right, Alex?" He smiled at Kulain.The look Alex gave Kulain was one of utter devotion. The one who had given him back wholeness. Besides which, a certain sense of prudence in Alex made sure he didn't do anything to piss Kulain off. The thought of those claws still gave him nightmares. But Kulain had made up for the pain he had caused with some of the wildest, most enthusiastic love making Alex had ever known. Every night that week. So he didn't feel particularly energetic at the moment. Baiting Skinner could wait a while.

In truth, Mulder had been avoiding him. Working long hours away from home, falling into exhausted sleep when he returned. Letting Kulain use him sometimes, though he seemed to derive little joy from it.

How did he feel towards Mulder? Anger. Deep hurt. Inarticulate longing

Mulder avoided his eyes, wouldn't touch him. Sometimes he just wanted to feel those beautiful lips against his, those strong arms. Or he felt so frustrated with Mulder, just wanted to hit out at him, shake some sense into him. If he could only have Mulder in his arms again, surely they could work things out.

Mulder could tell from the dark looks Alex kept giving him that he wasn't wanted anymore. The annoyance he showed around Mulder sometimes, or the coldness. He felt as if he was dying inside. He'd told the truth when he declared his love for Alex. It had just slipped out, but he meant it with every fibre of his being. Maybe it would be easier to find another apartment. Get away from the torment of living so close to Alex, seeing his intimacy with Kulain yet knowing he would never again feel his loving touch. But he couldn't do it, couldn't stay away from him.

Later, things became even more awkward when Kulain was called to Washington to see his contacts. Being alone with Alex was even worse. On the first night, when he saw Alex curled up on the bed, his heart leapt. Those green eyes staring at him, unfathomable. Mulder fled. Spent the night on the couch. Didn't see Alex doubled up in despair, quietly sobbing into his pillow.

The phone rang early that morning. Mulder answered it, and listened with a sinking feeling. All available members of his department were called to New York. A strange series of deaths, all bodies savagely mutilated and half eaten, as if by a wild animal. A beast loose somewhere in the alleys of Manhattan? Unlikely to be that simple. Some of the killings had taken place within metres of busy streets, and one killing had been a cop, who'd managed to empty the entire clip of his revolver into his attacker's body, with no success.

Sitting next to Alex on the plane was awkward. Seeming to pick up the sense of coolness he was trying to maintain, Alex mercifully kept the discussion to business. There was also tension between them when they checked into a hotel together. Somehow his voice wouldn't say the words when he came to order a double room, so it was left to Alex who just said "Two singles please". In a way it was a relief that Alex couldn't see his pain.

After reviewing the case notes, the two agents, as consultants, were shown the latest murder scene. Yesterday evening, a young woman had been walking down the street in Lower Manhattan. Witnesses described something dark and swift that had moved from the shadows of an alleyway, briefly silhouetted in the light, and had swept her into the darkness. To be found in a number of pieces, several minutes later by a patrol car. The terrified old man who'd seen the attack, was shaking so hard he could barely describe the creature, even half a day later. Some kind of green skinned beast that walked like a man.

"A dark green creature that walks on two legs. It's the creature from the black lagoon!" A ghost of humour from Alex.

"Shut up!" Abruptly Mulder wanted to punch Alex, forced himself to walk away. "Have we got a map plotted of all the attacks?"

It was retrieved from the file and he studied it. Saw that most of the attacks were in a five block radius of The old Imperial Theatre on Frenchman's Boulevard. Some prickle of instinct seemed to lead his gaze back to that map marker.

"Lets check out that old theatre, Alex." And his former lover stared back at him, irritated.

"More gut instinct, Mulder. You haven't exactly been hitting the mark with that lately, have you?"

Now what did he mean by that?

The streets were busy tonight. Just about every patrolman under the rank of commissioner was patrolling the streets. Mulder doubted whether there'd be much crime tonight. Other than the Beast, that is. An Officer Thomson was assigned to work with them, a fresh faced young officer, who looked about 18 and had perfect creases in his trousers.

"Was I ever that young?" Alex whispered to him unexpectedly. Mulder blinked in surprise and smiled tentatively at him.

"Sure you were, but your wardrobe wasn't as good." Trace of a frown then. Mulder quickly turned and followed Thomson towards the back entrance of the old theatre, in the side alley. Alex stood staring at him. For a moment it was as if things were back to normal again, like in the old days. Mulder had a wry sense of humour sometimes, and he loved it. Come to think of it he loved more than that.

Stupid, Alex. Why did it take you till now to find out that you loved him. He doesn't even want you now. He won't even look at you most of the time. Why did you have to drive him away?

The building was old but was still sometimes used for community theatre. It had a warren of tunnels under it, some connected with the sewers. A good place for a fugitive to hide, Thomson had said. Worth checking out. Thomson reached for the doorknob. It seemed to be stuck so he tugged on it again. For a moment the door resisted, then slammed into the wall as it burst outwards. A dark figure boiled out of the doorway, moving so fast. Crashing into the young officer, who shrieked in agony, his voice dying into a gurgle as his throat was torn out by claws and teeth. What was it? A werewolf or a demon? Mulder didn't know, but dived out of the way, trying to get to his gun. Too late. A heavy weight bowled him over. Hot, stinking breath against his cheek. Seeing burning red eyes staring at him with hatred. The creature raised its claws to strike, intending to rip his throat out with a powerful downward stroke.

For Alex, time seemed to slow down, He saw the young officer fall, surely dead from his injuries, blood spattering everywhere. Mulder dove out of the way, then the creature charged him with murderous intent. He moved. He would never know how, only that he had to help Mulder. His left arm seemed to be on fire, burning as it flowed through the air. He didn't see it change, only felt searing rage that seemed to boil in his veins. Screaming at his enemy, as power scorched him, need driving him. Moving so fast as he crossed the distance between them. With inhuman strength, seizing the creatures' arm as it tried to hurt Mulder. His own claws sinking so easily through the creatures' body, in killing rage. Ripping and tearing. The beast reeled away from him, staggered and fell heavily against the ground, dead at last. Mulder lay so white and still.

Alex was on his knees without a thought except for Mulder, sobbing incoherently. He pulled Mulder's body towards him, holding him close. Then strong arms were hugging him back fiercely. For a moment, neither of them moved, just needing to be close to each other. Then Mulder laughed hoarsely.

"Krycek, I didn't know you cared." Somehow, this time Alex didn't care that Mulder was trying to distance himself. He began to kiss every inch of his lover's face, holding him as tight as possible. Then it was as if some hidden tension in Mulder relaxed, and he leaned forward, resting his head against Alex's shoulder, his arms tightening. And let out a long shuddering sigh. After a while, Mulder pulled back slightly so he could look into Alex's eyes, then kissed him fiercely.

His nose wrinkled.

"Shit Alex, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but what the fuck is that smell? What the hell have you got all over you?" Mulder realised that his side was soaked with something utterly vile, where Alex's arm was holding him. Alex lifted up his arm to look at the ichor that had coated his hand when he....

Oh god yes, when I grabbed it, and slit its' throat with my own claws

Lifting up his suddenly unfamiliar, inhuman arm. Staring, dazed at the strangely scaly greenish clawed hand that was part of his body.

Shouts echoed at the end of the alley. Mulder saw his shock and the reason why. Though he looked startled, he turned round, yelled, "Down here", to the cops, then pulled his coat off, draping it over the demonic flesh. "Hide it," he hissed. Then the arrival of reinforcements.

It took Mulder quite a while to explain things, how in the struggle the beast had been killed, but eventually they managed to escape back to the hotel. Pushing Alex towards the shower to clean up, then phoning down for something from room service. Later cleaning himself up while Alex ravenously attacked the food.

Then feeling more refreshed, the two of them sitting, nervously, facing each other. Alex stared at his altered hand then looked so lost and scared, Mulder automatically found himself reaching out. Then Alex flung himself across the room, buried his face against Mulder's neck. He lifted his head.

"Mulder, I couldn't let anything happen to you I had to kill it."

Staring at his mutated arm. "He said I had to control it, or it would control me". Then barely a whisper, " I did it because I love you."

Then Mulder's lips found his, like a drowning man, his eyes filled with such love, neither of them could doubt how they felt. Alex's kisses trailing down Mulder's belly, tonguing a nipple till it came erect, then the other one. Resting his forehead against Mulder's chest contentedly, then hearing the comforting sound of his heartbeat.

Mulder kissed the top of his head tenderly.

"C'mon Alex, lets go to bed."

Fox, you lecherous animal!

Arms round each other, they lay awkwardly together on the small single bed. Alex turned trusting eyes to him. "Mulder, I want you inside me."

The older man gasped. "I've never done it that way before." A sly grin.

"Yeah, well Mulder, on top's fun too."

Alex's body was beautiful. Mulder started at the nape of his lover's neck,and began to kiss his way down. It had been so long, that only a few minutes contact with his beautiful body made Mulder as aroused as he had ever been. Feeling Alex moan at his touch.

He slid his hand down to feel the younger man's cock, already rock hard. Alex half turned into an embrace and they kissed again softly. Mulder was so tender this time, letting his fingers move in slow circles across the sensitive skin of Alex's belly and thighs, avoiding his erection for the moment. The younger man shuddered, his head falling back as those long fingers drove him out of his mind.

Mulder slid a hand down, rubbing the sensitive area under his lover's balls, fingering them lovingly. Then he uncertainly slid a finger into his lover's tightness, knowing from his own sexual encounters where the centre of pleasure was. Anointing him with lubricant. And Alex screamed in need, thrusting himself hard against that moving hand. His movements became frantic, his breath sobbing. He cried out as Mulder drew his hand away, momentarily, to slicken his own hard cock. So difficult to hold back now. Trying to enter his lover slowly and carefully, not wanting to cause him pain. Lying buried deep inside him, unmoving, enjoying the feel of being buried deep inside him. Alex wailed, his left hand flung back towards Mulder. He gripped it tightly. Then moving their bodies in unison, slowly building intolerable pressure, heat between them. Mulder deliberately kept it slow, making the other man sob with need, finally bringing him to orgasm. Those firm young muscles surrounding him, gripping him tightly. He screamed, too, as he came over the edge, spurting inside his lover.

Their bodies, slick with sweat, heartbeats slowing, still locked together.

"I love you," Mulder whispered the words, and Alex snuggled up against him, a look of sweet satisfaction on his face. Lying close together, just enjoying the contact so long denied them.

"Alex, did you mean what you said about loving me?"

"Oh, Foxy, come here. Mmmm."

"Say, you got any chocolate sauce?"

xx

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk

Part II: Demon's Kiss

Feedback to Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
RATING NC-17
CONTENT WARNING m/m. Some violence.
SPOILERS None, but not unrelated to a second season encounter with a slit pupilled schoolmarm who promised Mulder another encounter with demons.
DISCLAIMER I don't own any character from the X-Files, I'm only borrowing them for my own entertainment and hopefully, other peoples. No copyright infringement is intended. However the character Kulain the Demonlord is entirely mine.
COMMENTS What would happen if a new and formidable player came on the conspiracy scene, with his own agenda and a few unusual abilities. Hopefully more episodes to follow starring Alex Krycek in (3/5)

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]