Go to notes and disclaimers


Dark Angel's Fire
by Megaera

Part II
Demon's Kiss

It had been several months since Fox Mulder had changed his life. Had gotten himself involved with Kulain, his mysterious supernatural partner. Who may be a demon, Who kisses like fire. But that hadn't been the only good thing to happen to him. Somehow Alex Krycek had wormed his way into Fox Mulder's heart and body. He had so entertained Kulain that he had gifted the younger man with an inhuman new arm. They made a strange threesome, all working to investigate occult cases for the F.B.I. And at night, satisfying other, more basic needs.

Skinner could feel the long hot burn of rage somewhere in the pit of his stomach. Hell, it was probably another ulcer. It was hardly surprising with Alex Krycek on his payroll. The young agent took every opportunity to make sly comments and seemed to take pleasure in irritating the hell out of him. It was a not very subtle form of revenge for past indignities.

He lounged in the chair facing the A.D. long legs stretched out in front of him. Green eyes watched Skinner in lazy contempt.

"You don't play by the rules Alex. You never did. We work as a team here, you've got to be able to trust another agent to guard your back!"

The young agent frowned at the mention of trust. "Would you guard my back then, Skinner?"

Skinner grimaced. "Touche Krycek!"

Alex sighed. "What do you want me to do?" s

Mulder sat in the small basement office he called home. It was a little more crowded now, considering he had to share it with Alex and Kulain, his partners in more than one sense of the word. They were useful to the F.B.I. but he still had to fight every inch of the way to get any concessions for his team.

The E-mail incoming signal beeped on his computer. He leaned over and hit the mouse button, calling up the new message.

Dark pupilled eyes blinked in surprise. Kulain had seemed far away, meditating on who knows what. Now a flicker of interest crossed his face. Mulder couldn't really blame him, things had been boring lately. Most X files were referred to Scully and Spender, though he still had a few contacts left. Like this one. The Lone Gunmen. They had been quiet lately. In fact he hadn't spoken to them face to face since before he had met Kulain, although they had exchanged computer mail.

As he read the message, he suddenly felt a lot more cheerful. The challenge of investigating a case was something he loved., and they had sent him some interesting information.

Say Mulder, now you're in charge of the Spooky Squad, we've got something on a local cult you might want to check out.

Well, at least it would get them out of the office.

"Grab your jacket". He grinned at his partner Kulain. "Lets see if we can dig up a few guilty secrets".

As they walked through the halls of the F.B.I. building, Mulder found himself admiring the sleek grace of Kulain's well muscled body. He felt exhilaration that his lover was so handsome, and there was a dangerous edge to that attraction. Almost instinctively, men and women moved aside for him, because there was something predatory about his movements. In a way it was quite arousing. Mulder was typically unaware that both of them attracted glances, because some of that dark beauty was echoed in his own face.

The three Lone Gunmen were, as usual, locked away in their dark little rooms, paranoia being in the ascendant.

Frohike frowned when he saw Mulder's partner.

"No sign, I suppose, of the delectable Scully?"

"Sorry guys, Different department now. She gets the UFO's, I get the werewolves, vampires and demons".

"We'd heard!" Langly said. "Some interesting scuttlebutt on your new partner here. His nickname on the Internet is Spawn of Satan. I understand he's not too popular in some quarters of the F.B.I."

Mulder grinned at the unexpected look of consternation on Kulain's face. He muttered something disparaging about spawn being something frogs did, and scowled.

Byers laughed. "That's not the only rumour about you, Mulder!"

"Yeah", Frohike said. "There are some weird rumours about your personal life. Apparently you had a nervous breakdown and gave up women, including Scully".

Kulain decided on a sly revenge, and in one swift movement, slid his arms around Mulder from behind, pulling him backwards. With a yelp of shock, he landed on his lover's lap on the couch behind them.

"Mostly true", Kulain said in amusement, and the Lone Gunmen were treated to the rare sight of Fox Mulder blushing fiercely.

Seeing his dignity had all gone to hell, he relaxed into Kulain's arms with a resigned sigh.

Dammit Kulain. This'll be all over the Internet by tomorrow!

"Tell us about the cult", he said, desperately changing the subject. Shut your mouth, Frohike, you look like you're catching flies

"Um, Mulder, we've heard rumours that a lot of homeless people have been disappearing in the poorer parts of the city, near the waterfront. And when we ran a computer program to try and correlate the incidents, we found that ninety percent of them occur on nights when the Knights of Freedom have their meetings".

"It sounds worth a look", Mulder agreed. "Have you any more information on them?".

Byers looked scared. "Only the not insignificant fact that they claim that they can summon demons". He glanced at Kulain. "Rumour has it that you know something about that yourself. Some very odd things have been happening around you lately".

The dark figure behind Mulder lifted his head, and suddenly three very frightened Lone Gunmen were staring into slit pupilled, almost reptilian eyes.

"People who spread my secrets around don't live long enough to ask questions", he hissed.

Mulder turned, pressing his hands onto Kulain's shoulders. "It's O.K. I trust them".

"I preferred your paranoia!", he said coldly, pushed Mulder aside on the couch, and strode out of the door.

"Mulder, you know when I said you were insane?", Frohike said. "Well I think I was understating the case. A lot!"

"You're probably right", Mulder said, and gave a half rueful smile, "But the sex is great!"

xx

Damn it Alex, how do you get yourself into these stupid situations? I'll tell you how! Doing your boss a favour because you feel guilty about beating him up one time

Dressed in his black leather jacket, and tight jeans, he felt more at home than in an F.B.I. suit. His gun was concealed in a shoulder holster under one arm. He was used to moving in the shadows, and his former career in espionage had brought some benefits. Skinner had taken advantage of that when he asked Krycek to meet a contact of his, down on the waterfront. He could think of better things to do at midnight, mostly involving Mulder and Kulain and some entertaining athletics. He sank back into the shadows of the alley, as he saw the lights of an approaching car, which briefly illuminated his corner. The car pulled up, and an older man climbed out. He had a briefcase in one hand and he slowly began to pick his way between the piles of rubbish lining the alley. Krycek moved out to meet him.

The elderly man jumped when he caught sight of Krycek, then relaxed slightly as Alex asked, "You the one that called Skinner?"

Amateurs!

"Yes!" the man whispered, though no one was around. "I need him to see this". And he brandished the briefcase. He pushed it into Alex's hands, and turned to hurry away.

Oh great! I'm freezing my butt off because Skinner needed a delivery boy

A strange sound echoed down the alley, like fingernails scratching on a giant blackboard. He heard the older man cry out in fear. Then a huge, dark shape filled the other end of the alley, blocking out the dim light of streetlamps. An impossibly large figure seemed to be walking, if that was the correct term, down the alley. Except that its' movements were all wrong. Perhaps slithering would be a better expression. Something reminded Alex irresistibly of a slug. But they didn't have more than one set of glowing golden eyes. The figure reached the cowering, paralysed old man, and there was a hideous scream, mixed with a strange crunching noise. Then the screaming stopped. That the other noise continued was more than the terrified agent could take, and he took off at a dead run, briefcase clutched under one arm, unashamed of his fear at such a malignant violation of the laws of nature. To his horror, the noises kept getting closer, and he realised that IT was chasing him, faster than he could run.

xx

When he stormed out of the Lone Gunmans' office, Kulain had felt a boiling rage take him. He would never normally allow a human to take the liberties those fools had. But Mulder's regard was important to him. He left their car far behind as he strode into the night. Time to take out his frustrations in the joys of the hunt. To stalk and mete out justice on one or two of the lesser predators of the night, of which there were many in a city of ten million people. At least he claimed it was justice, but in truth he enjoyed the occasional spilling of blood.

xx

Krycek ran until his heart was pounding, and his lungs burned with the need to draw in air. The thing didn't even seem to notice. He tried to direct his flagging body towards the imagined safety of the better lit area of the city, far ahead. He knew he wouldn't make it, even if he ditched the briefcase, so he held onto it. Perhaps Mulder could use it to catch his killer.

The thing was less than twenty feet behind him now. As he forced himself on, the last thing he expected was the sudden pounce from an alley as he passed. His body was slammed painfully into the wall, held still by the pressure of a heavy body, and a hand closed over his mouth. Long fingers pulled the briefcase from the agents' trembling hands and flung it into the creatures' path.

"Be very still!". A hissed warning in his ear. He didn't really need the warning. The thing was less than five feet from the entrance to the alley. Frozen, he stared as the faint illumination of the distant lights showed him what had been following him. He couldn't even scream, the fear was so great, and only the pressure of the others' body against his kept his legs from giving way. The thing was slimy and grey, with writhing tentacles, lined with eyes and spiny suckers. There was such a sense of evil, it was hard even to breathe. Then a change in its' posture, a terrible sense of searching regard as it looked for him. The others' arms tightened around him painfully, and it seemed as though darkness flowed around them like a cocoon, hiding them from its' sight.

The thing turned away, and pounced on the briefcase, ripping and tearing at it, then one tentacle pulled out a small carved figurine made of green olivine stone. It began to crush the statue between those deadly tentacles, then an odd darkness, like a shadow passed over it. There was that noise of torturous screeching and he knew with instinctive certainty that it had gone.

He let out his breath in a slow hiss, as his rescuers' arms released him and turned to look at him. Familiar dark eyes gleamed at him. He should have known. Kulain. He swayed, and would have fallen then if his lover had not reached out to hold him steady.

"What was it?", he whispered.

"Something from the nether reaches of hell!", came the reply.

Mulder drowsily lifted his head. He had been half reclined on the couch, waiting for Alex and Kulain to come home. The apartment door opened and to his surprise, they came in together. Surprise turned to shock when he saw the condition that Alex was in. He was filthy, and a spectacular bruise covered his cheek, from where he had hit the wall. He was pale and unkempt. Kulain abruptly turned and left. Alex sank down onto the couch and Mulder realised he was shaking uncontrollably in shock. He led his unresisting lover back to the bedroom, and began to undress him.

Alex stared dully at him, then as Mulder pushed him down onto the bed, grabbed hold of him. He buried his face in Mulder's chest and his sudden loud sobs shocked his lover.

Alex clung to Mulder for a long time, just needing the normality of human contact, Mulder's hands gently stroking his back and shoulders.

"What happened? Alex? Are you O.K.?". The concern was so obvious in his voice. He shuddered at the memory of IT.

"Hold me tight Fox. Don't leave me alone tonight. And for fucks' sake, don't switch the light off". Mulder looked surprised at the request, but gently drew him down onto the bed into a close embrace.

Hours later, Kulain returned to the apartment. He knew now that he was not the only one of his kind here, but how far that would affect him, he didn't know. But he knew that the other must be very powerful to control a servant like the hunter he had seen tonight. It would have taken Alex without a trace, if he had not hidden his lover from its' gaze. The fact that another could work in the city and he had not known of it was the most disturbing thing of all.

Kulain slid into the bed containing his humans. Alex was instantly awake, his nerves still shattered by his encounter. He moved away from Mulder, sliding his arms round Kulain's neck, and softly began to kiss his lover's chest. As strong arms went around him, he sighed, feeling safe once again. Kulain let his fingers slide down the athletic body, making small circles with fingertips against the firm belly and thighs.

Alex moaned and his breath quickened. He began to rub himself like a cat in heat, against Kulain, feeling the erection stir against his belly.

Then he turned in that embrace and began to use his hips in a quite different motion. Kulain's fingers reached over and retrieved lubricant from the side of the bed, then he began to slide his fingers gradually into Alex's willing body. The young human's moans were delicious, Kulain decided, as was his enthusiasm. He had noticed before that fear seemed to act as an aphrodisiac on Krycek's body. Mulder stirred at the sounds of pleasure, then as he realised the condition Alex was in, leaned over and kissed him deeply. Alex drank in the taste of life and joy from his lover's mouth

Foxy, I'm still alive. Prove it to me. I need to know they didn't get me this time

Mulder's lips were carving their own path down Alex's body. He was finding it difficult to keep himself from flinging him down and urgently claiming his prize. But then a second stimulation claimed his attention. The slow welcome pressure of the bigger man behind him, as he slowly began to slide into Alex's hotness. Then Mulder's mouth found the sensitive spot on the end of his penis and fireworks began to explode in his head. Both of them began moving together. How did Mulder know just when Kulain was going to thrust so that he could slide his mouth down in that particular way? That was his last conscious thought before his body bucked in orgasm and he found that he could scream, after all, that night.

The morning light shining into his eyes woke him, oddly comforting. He opened his eyes fully, and realised that he was in the warm, secure tangle of Fox and Kulains' bodies as they lay on either side of him. Mulder lifted his head and watched him.

"What happened?" he asked again.

"I don't really know, Foxy. One minute I was Skinner's messenger boy, the next minute I'm running for my life from a monster".

Kulain's hand gently stroked Alex's tousled hair. "Your friends were right about one thing Mulder. Someone in this city is calling up creatures from hell, and we're all in danger because of it".

"Even you?" Alex asked hoarsely.

"The Hunter hunted," he said softly.

Now how the hell am I going to tell all of this to Skinner?

xx

The hunt had begun. He and the other would stalk each other now. He would search the city and seek out the source of dark power. The other must know it had been thwarted last night, so it's suspicions would be aroused. Dangerous but exhilarating, the competition for this world.

Skinner had already been informed about his dead contact, by the time Mulder and Krycek arrived that morning. They were ushered straight into his office without having to wait for an appointment.

"What the hell happened, Alex? It wasn't exactly a tricky job, bringing me information from a retired colleague."

"You didn't tell me what he was involved in!", Alex's anger burst out. "There was a fucking demon after him! God knows what it did to him."

In answer, the D.A. threw a pile of crime scene photos onto the desk.

Mulder's eyes widened, and even the strong stomached Alex felt sick. The older man's flesh had been stripped from his bones, leaving suit, wallet, even watch undisturbed.

That nearly happened to me. So much for watching each others backs

"How did you get away, Krycek? And did you find out anything useful?"

In reply, Alex placed the broken remains of the statue on the desk. "All for this! If Kulain hadn't turned up, this is all that would be left".

Skinner shook his head in honest confusion. "My friend was a pipeline to a new cult that's sprung up recently. One with a lot of rich and famous members. He was worried about something he saw connected with this."

Mulder frowned. "I've had a report of a cult being involved in some missing person cases. We can take the statue to be checked at the museum and see if any leads come up. I don't like the feel of this case, though, if demons are involved."

Skinner stared at him intently. "I thought you had inside knowledge, Mulder".

He shook his head dejectedly. "I'm sorry. He isn't talking to us at the moment."

It took about an hour in the depths of the museum, showing various experts the fragments before the two agents met with any success. An old professor who specialised in Babylonian studies blinked, owl like, as he studied the figurine.

"Ah yes, definitely Ugaritic. Olivine basalt, if I'm not mistaken. You do know that it's a representation of the demon Tiamat. Quite a nasty figure in mythology really, leader of the demon war against humanity in the time of the old gods".

"Uh, very interesting, I'm sure Prof, but do you know anyone round here who collects art like that?", Alex said bluntly.

The old man pursed his lips for a moment, then nodded.

"There's a healthy market for Near Eastern art at the moment. I understand it's quite the in thing! Most imports to this area would be through the Chandler Import Warehouse on the Waterfront. They sell to all the big galleries".

xx

Mulder and Krycek sat in their car, outside the warehouse for a while, watching the distinct lack of activity.

"I suppose they get big orders shipped in regularly", Mulder said," but it looks dead at the moment".

"O.K. Mulder, you want to do this official or unofficial?" Alex grinned slyly at the look of shock on his partner's face. "Have you never broken in somewhere to get information?"

His partner sighed. "Not as often as you apparently!"

Alex led the way to the back of the building, where they found it possible to clamber up the fire escape. "This way is usually good", Alex whispered, and he pulled out a set of lock picks from his pocket.

"You've been carrying those around with you in the bureau building?".

More shock.

"Yeah Foxy. I'm bad!". He ignored the filthy look Mulder gave him and began to pick the first floor door.

They crept into the building, Alex leading the way. They were in a corridor next to an empty suite of offices. Mulder slipped into one, and began to quietly go through the paperwork. Alex went to the end of the corridor, and carefully peered over the rail into the factory space stretched out below. As might be expected in an import firm, the place was full of medium to large packing cases. He silently flattened himself to the wall, as a man passed through the space below. He headed to a door in the wall, and in the brief illumination from the interior, Alex saw a flight of stone steps leading downwards. It was pretty rare to have a basement, this close to the river. It was probably pretty damp.

A light touch on his arm made him jump. Heart pounding, he turned his head to see Mulder grinning at him.

Pretty good, Foxy. I'll make an operative of you yet.

"There's a basement", he hissed softly. "Want to check it out Mulder?".

He shrugged.

"We've got this far, lets go the whole way!"

Tell it to me tonight, Foxy!

The two agents crept down to the door, then Mulder pulled it open, and Alex dashed in. They made their way downwards, and it soon became obvious that they were in a series of underground rooms. Mulder shivered at the memories that came rushing in on him. They moved towards the light at the far end of the hall, and cautiously peered into the dank room. A group of about twenty people were standing in a loose circle, with a man standing at its centre. Then from a door at the side of the room, a pretty young blonde woman emerged, flanked by two of the toughest guards Mulder had ever seen.

He had read a thousand descriptions of this in his books. A black mass of some sort. And what was going to happen to the woman.

"We hit paydirt on the first strike, Mulder!", Alex whispered.

"Can't you guess what they're going to do to her Alex! We've got to stop it!"

Both agents drew their guns.

"You want to do this without backup? It'll be both our funerals if it goes wrong!". Alex looked worried.

"Wait a minute, then", Mulder said, and pulled out his mobile phone to make a call. The ceremony in front of them was hotting up, as the young woman was led to stand before the man in the centre of the circle.

"Backup's going to be too late, Alex. You want them to kill her, and summon another demon?" Alex shook his head. "Let's do it!"

"Freeze, F.B.I.", Mulder yelled, as he flung himself through the door.

With a resigned sigh, Alex followed. Who did Skinner call the reckless one?

The cultists turned to stare at them, many looked shocked, others angry.

"Cover them Alex!", Mulder said, and pushed his way into the circle, carefully keeping out of his partner's line of fire.

"Come on. We wont let them hurt you", he said to the young woman.

Beautiful eyes looked at him in gratitude, and then his arms were full of trembling flesh as she clung to him in relief and happiness.

He began to back away, towards the entrance to the room, his arm around her waist, drawing her with him. Then at the door a dark shadow appeared suddenly.

xx

He was close enough now to sense the edge of the other demon's thoughts—cruel amusement and the preparation for the kill. It was poised to strike a new victim. In that brief, unguarded moment of bloodlust, Kulain saw the face of the target—Mulder!

xx

"Mulder! Don't move!" Kulain's familiar voice sounded at the door. He risked a glance, and frowned at the grim expression on his lover's face.

"It's O.K. Kulain. I'm coming out now", he said, continuing to edge slowly away from the cultists.

"Mulder, freeze!!!" The words were more of a snarl than a shout. Kulain felt the aggressive tension between him and his opponent heighten, and he stood poised to spring at the other.

Mulder had never heard such fierce emotion in his lover's voice before, and he found himself automatically obeying. But his next words were shocking.

"Give her back to them, Mulder!"

"There's no way I'm doing that!" He shouted angrily. "Is this some sort of demon honour? Everyone gets their own victim?"

"Alex". Kulain spoke softly. "If he doesn't let her go, shoot him!"

Green eyes went wide, looking between his two lovers. Something in Kulain's face made him pause for a moment. Then he aimed his gun at Mulder. "Do it Fox!", he said sadly, seeing his partner's disbelief. Mulder stared at Alex for an eternity, saw the anguish in his face.

"Please", the young man begged, his fingers shaking as they held the gun on him.

Slowly ,unwillingly, Mulder began to lower his arms. "I'm sorry", he murmured to the girl. She smiled, reached up a long fingernailed hand, and brushed it down his cheek, onto his neck.

"So am I," she said, "I was looking forward to eating your liver!".

She gave a little laugh at his shock

"We meet again, Tia", Kulain said coldly. Delicate little feet turned towards him, a pretty face smiled.

"You really care about these vermin, don't you Kulain? How different from our last encounter, when the floors of your citadel ran deliciously red with their blood for weeks." Kulain just watched her warily.

"Dear brother, you've become so boring!" A small scarlet tongue, forked at the tip, flicked out over ruby lips.

Mulder was frozen in horror, realising the danger he was in. Then he was aware of a vast searing evil that seemed to blast his soul. In a single fluid motion, the girl became something else entirely, with golden eyes, and a vast, serpentine body full of teeth. Agony blossomed across his left arm as it got in a vicious bite on the way past, and a flick of the tail dispatched the unfortunate sacrifice, the man in the middle of the circle. Then she was gone, past Alex and out of the door.

Kulain made no move to follow. Most of the cultists ran screaming in the other direction, the sudden shock of that demonic encounter being more than most of them could face. Mulder's legs buckled, and he fell, dizzy with pain, onto his knees. Kulain moved forward, and slipped his arm round his collapsed lover, hugging him tightly. Distantly, the sound of sirens could be heard. Alex fumbled with Mulder's jacket and shirt, and stared in horror at the huge bloody bite on his forearm.

"You were lucky", Kulain said softly, "she was willing to trade you for her freedom. And she didn't want to face me today. Otherwise she could have taken her time killing you. I seem to remember that each nail carries a different fast acting poison."

More shit to explain to Skinner. Why me? Huh Mulder?

It took an hour in the emergency room for the astonished and fearful doctor to clean and bandage up the huge bite. Then the three of them headed back to the office, and an interview with Skinner.

"Let me get this straight. The two of you decide to break in to a factory, go into a situation where you should have had backup, lost the main suspect and her cronies. Anything else I should know?"

"Yep", Alex said, "she's Kulain's sister!"

Skinner stared at Kulain. He laughed gently.

"Only in the sense that we are of the same species, Alex". More amusement as Skinner shook his head at Alex. So mocking sometimes, his young lover. Which made them perfectly matched.

xx

Alex looked at Mulder in concern. He looked tired and miserable. Skinner was making sure all of the flak headed their way. Including about two tonnes of paperwork that had to be done "like yesterday". Mulder sat despondently at his desk, fiddling with a blue form in triplicate. Alex stood up, moved behind Mulder and slid his arms around him.

"C'mon Fox, you need a break. Why don't we go and get a coffee or something?" He shook his head wearily. "That won't help with all this paperwork Alex." He rubbed his arm which was beginning to ache.

Another jacket ruined

Kulain reached out and caught his hand. "You couldn't have won against her, even if you had spotted her immediately. Don't worry about it". The concern in both faces made Mulder pause.

Maybe I will take a break, then

xx

The three of them walked into the refreshment area. Kulain was aware of the glances they attracted, he and his two humans. Hostility, fear and challenge were predominant, and he felt a wave of rage that humans should dare judge a Lord of the Sith! Tia's treachery had brought home to him how vulnerable Alex and Mulder were. Perhaps it was time to change that. To manipulate reality a little.

"The Unholy Trinity", Spender said in an undertone to Scully, as the three agents walked in. She scowled at him in annoyance.

"Mulder, do you want to join us?" Then she spotted his bandaged arm. "Mulder, what happened?" He shook his head, not wanting to answer.

"Alex?", she said.

"Would you believe me, Scully, if I said he'd been bitten by a girl who was really a major Babylonian demon?"

A blistering glance.

"Then I guess I'd better not say that. She was just a pretty girl who didn't want to be fucked with.

"Alex!" He looked, startled at Kulain. "If you mention her again, I'll make you regret it".

The quiet anger in Kulain's voice was somehow more terrifying even than facing the hunter demon had been. His face went white and he fled.

For a moment Mulder sat immobile as well, then he scrutinised his lover's face. "I don't understand".

A look of regret crossed the beautiful demon face. My self control isn't good around Tia. We were close once. We chose different paths but I don't particularly want to kill her."

Was Kulain really giving some sort of apology?

"Let's go home, Mulder. Leave Alex to calm down". Then, when Mulder hesitated. "I want you Fox!"

A fierce blush.

Manipulation of humans was so easy sometimes. And the rewards were so delightful

Their lovemaking that night was spectacular. Mulder had lain naked in the bed, waiting for his lover to exit the shower. Then Kulain had come to him and immediately begun to kiss him fiercely, sliding his arms around his lover. Mulder tangled his hands in his lover's dark hair and pulled him down, so that the strong body was pushing him hard onto the bed. He wanted it that way, needing the passionate embraces, the hot rush of pleasure that came with it.

Kulain must have needed to exorcise his violent impulses too, for with little preparation, he flipped Mulder onto his stomach and pressed his hot erection against the human's body. He felt a sudden raging hunger for the young body beneath him, not in human form, but in his true shape. He shapeshifted, heard Mulder's breath catch as he saw, not just those erotically talented talons, but the powerful scaled arms that twined around him. He knew that this form would make the human instinctively acquiescent, would wake dark lust in him. With scant regard for his lover's welfare, he thrust into the yielding body beneath him. Mulder screamed out loud, as pain and pleasure exploded into him. Arching his body back, the taloned hands closing around his. Kulain's wild thrusts made the human beneath him sob with ecstasy, the friction generated by scaled skin sliding across his was exhilarating. And those incredible, powerful thrusts made him feel so out of control. Kulain mercilessly bearing down on the wildly enthusiastic human, deliberately lengthening the period of the human's rapture, until Mulder was incoherently pleading with him to finish it. Finally, he let the human reach his orgasm, and released the control he held on his own body, allowing himself to climax. He sent his seed into Mulder's slick depths.

The human sank against him, utterly exhausted. Then, taking advantage of Mulder's unguarded state, he poured dark energy into the young body, altering certain pathways in the brain, and nudging the DNA.

Mulder moaned slightly, dazed eyes opened, staring uncomprehendingly at the cold black fire that seemed to run across his skin. So Kulain used the power of his mind to gently trigger the sleep centres of his lover's brain. Mulder wouldn't remember, of course, but the effects of his intervention would be significant.

He removed the obsolete bandage from Mulder's arm, studying the newly healed skin, just one effect of his intrusion. Next, he would have to take Alex unawares, a more difficult, and arousing, prospect. He did so enjoy the challenges taming that particular human offered him.

xx

Alex felt a mixture of anger and misery. He had forced himself to go back to the office and work, trying not to think about his lover's unexpected reaction. It was almost a relief when Skinner appeared at the door.

"Another assignment Alex to get you out of my hair. Do you want it? Oregon!"

"Yeah. I need to get away from here. It's so damn claustrophobic in this office!"

Hair? Huh!

xx

Chapter 2

She had been forced to flee when her foolish brother had come to the aid of the humans. Oh the hatred she felt for them! And the two he had bound to him with ties of flesh and spirit. Those two would be worth killing! She would have given any price, just to make Kulain angry, so when a chance came, she took it. She chose a dark ally to advance her cause.

xx

Alex was distinctly pissed off. Two weeks in the wilds of Oregon, investigating reports of mysterious lights in the woods round Ashton Mountain. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal, but some kid claimed to have seen a hole open up in the mountainside.

"Goddamit Mulder! You're sending me after the Pied Piper now". His partner's thoroughness sometimes irritated him. In truth, being away from home was driving him to distraction.The loneliness of a cold bed, without the safety Kulain brought, and Mulder's gentle arms. He felt briefly tempted to pick up some stranger for a night of hot sex, just to give himself some temporary relief. Being alone at night was making him so horny.

The plan for that morning was to hike up to Lone Pine Bluff and check out the scenery. He guessed it should take about half a day. The young agent was superbly fit and had often hiked in the wilderness before. The country was fairly rough, but didn't have too bad a reputation for bears. He had been systematically quartering most of the area around the mountain, and a few more days should see him finish the investigation.

He started on the long uphill climb, leaving his hire car in a convenient layby. The mountain rose in a series of parallel ridges, each higher than the next, up to a high, fractured peak, well over a thousand feet high, but he didn't intend to go that far. For one thing, he had no specialised climbing equipment. The kid wasn't exactly sure where he'd been camping, only that it had been "way below a tall peak". Idiots.

The climb became tougher, as he got higher. He became glad that he had dressed warmly. Most of the time, in the thin sunshine, he felt comfortable, but when his course dipped behind one of the sweeping ridges, he moved into darkly shadowed areas, that seemed bone chillingly cold, in comparison. He stopped, panting, at the top of a particularly steep ridge and turned to look out over the countryside that stretched below him. In the late November air, he could see the last dying remnants of fiery Autumn colour.

His head whirled at the sound of pebbles rattling on the side of the bluff, about 50 feet uphill. Something dark was moving in the pine trees. Instinctively he ducked down, and watched as the figure slowly moved downhill., keeping in the most shadowed areas of the trees. Down into the shadow of the ridge he crouched on. It didn't look like a bear. Twisting awkwardly, he fumbled the backpack off his shoulder and pulled out his handgun. Then quickly following, running along the top of the ridge, watching the figure below him. It seemed to move into an area of deeper shadow, then disappeared. And the ground heaved under him, knocking him off his feet. There was a strange screeching noise in the air, hauntingly familiar, its tone rising higher and higher so that within a few seconds it was out of the range of human hearing.

There WAS something going on here! Carefully he began to move towards the cleft in the rock, where the thing had disappeared. Close up, there was no sign of anything unusual. Just a blank wall of bare, cream coloured rock. He reached out to touch the rock with his left hand.

Contact.

Light flared then, and the ground bucked again. An unbelievable pain in his arm. An irresistible pull forwards, he was falling towards the rock. Then a shock of heat across his whole body as he fell through the rock. Falling, falling down into the darkness. He screamed in terror. Then he fell through a rainbow of light and he landed on a sandy floor, his breath exploding in a whuff of air at the impact.

Dazed, he lifted his head, staring around him. Somewhere in that terrible transition , he had lost his grip on his gun. He lay in a narrow passageway that stretched off into the almost darkness. The rocky sides of the passage were no longer creamy limestone, but were an iron rich red, sandstone like rock. The flickering of light somewhere down the passage gave him the distinct impression that he was in a giant gullet.

Oh great, now I'm doing deep throat from the inside

Well, at least it was pretty warm.

A clattering noise somewhere in front of him. He didn't seem to have a choice about which way to go, so he set off towards the sound. He certainly couldn't leave the way he had come in. There was no sign of an entrance. He followed the passage towards the distant flickering light. Perhaps it was daylight.

Sure Alex, maybe I'm even in Kansas

Then turned the corner and found himself in a vast cavern.

He felt as if his heart had stopped. He whimpered deep in his throat and found his back hard against the rock behind him. At least a hundred pairs of eyes had turned to stare at the intruder. And the owners of those eyes looked like demons! Angry ones! Terror flooded his mind and instinct took over He tried to turn and run, but even with his exceptionally fast reflexes, he had no chance. Two of them moving over the rock like spiders, over his head, to drop down in front of him. He staggered back, then his arms were seized, and he was slammed against the rock. Agony briefly made his vision dim, as a projection of rock smacked against his side. The pain told him he had broken at least one rib. Then he was being dragged forward, and pushed savagely down. Impacting with the floor at the front of the cavern, in front of a huge demon whose skin shone green-gold. Topaz eyes regarded him coldly. One of the other demons ground his cheek into the dirt with the pressure of a foot against his head.

"Bow down, human, before the Lord Nazath".

Oh god! someone please help me! please..

The big demon reached down with one hugely muscled arm, and gripped his hair firmly. Lifting him excruciatingly. Desperately, he tried to claw with his left hand at the imprisoning fist.

With a hiss of recognition, the creature let go. He fell to his knees, doubled over, clutching the agony in his side. A wave of pain swept over him. His vision dimmed. Somewhere he heard a voice dark with laughter.

"So, finally our brother Kulain has made a mistake. Letting his servant come near us! He should have known Tiamat would warn us ". Hissing laughter all around him. "Look after this one VERY well". Then the pain in his chest overwhelmed him and mercifully, Alex fainted.

Kulain felt uneasy. Normally it was easy for him to reach out and touch his young lovers minds. He could feel Mulder now, sleeping quietly on his couch in front of the T.V. The agent was dreaming some odd dream about Alex and chocolate. Rather puzzling. But then he rarely showed an interest in human delicacies. But Alex? Earlier, he had felt the distant touch of physical exertion from the young man's mind. But now there was an odd blankness. As if he wasn't there any more, which should be impossible.

Mulder woke, and yawned hugely. Then sat up. Kulain sat on the edge of the couch next to him and the human slid his fingers round Kulain, resting his head against his lover's strong back.

"Alex called?" he murmured sleepily. Kulain shook his head.

"I wish he'd remember his responsibilities", Mulder sighed. "I guess he's still mad at you".

Kulain decided he needed to take his mind off his uneasiness. Alex, being Alex, usually turned up with some excuse. He turned and pulled Mulder towards him, so that the human ended up sitting on his lap. Eager to play this particular game, Fox straddled his lover, wrapping his legs round the strongly muscled torso. He twined his arms around Kulain's neck and began to kiss him. He began a delicious bout of rubbing himself against Kulain, hard already. He pressed himself tightly against the bigger man. Grinding himself against Kulain's powerful cock. Mulder began to pull at Kulain's clothing, urgently loosening the buttons.

Kulain's hands pulling the turtleneck he wore over his head. Awkwardly fumbling with his pants. Finally, none too soon, both of them were naked. Mulder lowered his tongue to his lover's big cock, licking it all over, rubbing the precum over the big shaft. He turned in Kulain's lap and his lover's fingers began to work at his tight opening. Thrusting himself back onto those expertly applied fingers eagerly. Two fingers worked their way inside him, raking his prostrate. Fire. Crying out with the urgency of his need, he lowered himself onto that beautiful upraised cock in Kulain's lap. Kulain sank back against the couch, Mulder in his lap, moving himself up and down, impaled. Kulain's hands clutched at his shoulders. Then, overwhelmed, he came. Tight muscles gripped Kulain's cock and with a groan, he spurted endlessly into the white hot depths. Mulder fell back against him, breathing hard.

The phone rang.

Mulder groaned. "Shit! Oh shit!"

Kulain's hand reached back, fumbling for the handset. Then passed it to a panting Mulder.

" Er. Mulder here". He listened. Kulain felt his sudden stillness. Then he pulled away from Kulain, sitting upright. Kept listening. Turned to Kulain, his face pale.

"Alex is missing! They found his car an hour ago, when he didn't check back with the local police. They think he's had an accident on the mountain.

xx

It was the pain in his side, a slow nagging ache, that woke Alex. Slowly coming to awareness. His left arm was stretched out uncomfortably above him. Bewildered, he lifted his head. His arm was shackled to the side of a huge stone chair, his body dumped unceremoniously on the floor next to it. This wasn't the cavern he'd been in before, but a smaller room. It reeked of luxury. Soft, muted colours of expensive Indian rugs. Silk draperies. A brazier burned in the centre of the room, giving light and burning sweet smelling incense. He pulled at the restraint, but he could tell it was hopeless. The thing was two inches wide, and made of thick iron, welded to a chain that emerged from the armrest of the chair.

"My pet!" A coldly amused voice. The golden eyed demon strode into the room, flopped his body into the chair. Reached out to stroke Alex's hair. He jerked away, and the demon caught at the end of the chain nearest him, yanking Alex towards him.

"You can't go anywhere, little one". Laughter. "So you're Kulain's little lover. Won't he be angry when he finds out what's happened to you!"

Alex closed his eyes as the demon, so gently, passed a meaty hand across his hair. Revulsion filled him at the somehow nauseating touch.

"You know Kulain?", he whispered. Stillness. He caught his breath as a demon face leaned above him.

"He is the enemy of my blood. I live to kill him. To destroy everything that gives him pleasure". A sudden evil smile.

"He'll come after you, little one. Then he'll pay."

The fingers tightened in his hair, and his tormentor hissed the words. "And don't speak, human. Your babbling offends me!".

Nazath slammed the human's forehead against the stone edge of the chair. Letting the unconscious body fall, he smiled and began to plan.

xx

He moaned. Pain was a constant, hammering against his nerve ends. Pain from a dozen different places across his battered body. His mind wouldn't seem to focus. Something was wrong, but instinctively, his mind shied away from it. He just tried to curl his body up protectively, huddled against a hard surface behind him. If only the pain would go away, maybe everything would be alright. But deep down he knew it wasn't.

Mulder was becoming increasingly uneasy. Alex may be irresponsible, but he was generally pretty good at staying in contact. Though he often pretended otherwise, he loved Mulder, and relied on him a lot for emotional support. Something had to have happened. When he had suggested to Kulain that they leave for the airport, his lover hadn't shown any amusement at his anxiety, but had quietly nodded, and began to prepare for the journey. That was probably the most disturbing aspect of the situation, if HE was worried.

When they checked in at the airport, they found that the next plane to depart for the Pacific north—west was at midnight. There were no economy seats left, so the two agents had to sit at the front of the aircraft in the first class cabin. It was a little more than Mulder could afford, but to his surprise, Kulain had produced a gold credit card. The defence work he occasionally did for the government paid well.

Mulder leaned back in the seat, his long legs stretched out in front of him. He'd tried Alex's hotel a couple of times on his mobile phone, but there was still no sign of the young agent. The word was that the local search and rescue squad was gearing up. He felt sick to the pit of his stomach.

Kulain looked at him with concern. Then he reached over and slid his arm round Mulder, drawing him close. For once, he didn't care what people thought. He leaned into the warmth of the embrace, resting his head on Kulain's shoulder. The pretty young stewardess came along the aisle and turned to give them refreshments. Her mouth opened in an "O" of surprise, then she grinned and winked at Kulain. Gradually, the motion of the aircraft began to relax him and he drowsed against his lover's comfortable body.

xx

Alex leaned his head back against the side of the stone throne. The coolness seemed to help the throbbing pain in his head, though he could feel the dried blood on his forehead, where it had been gashed by the sharp stone edge. As long as he didn't try to move too much, he could minimise the discomfort.

The big demon entered the room, followed by half a dozen lackeys. Alex sat very still, not wanting to draw attention to himself. But the demons were obviously preoccupied. One of them began shouting and gesticulating at Nazath, who casually backhanded the smaller creature. With a hiss of rage, he turned and stormed to his throne, hatred burning in his eyes. Then his gaze fell on the young human. A look of unutterable contempt crossed the cruel face.

"How could he feel pleasure with you? Filth!". His nose wrinkling in disgust, the demon scowled.

"He's coming here for you, as we knew he would".

Alex felt a wave of hope. Though Kulain had been irritated with the young human, somehow Alex never doubted that Kulain would defend him.

"Yeah!", Alex whispered, "He'll kick your ass!"

The demon's eyes went incandescent with rage. He reached out, caught the human's arm and bent his wrist back savagely until it snapped! Alex screamed in torment, the fresh pain tipping him over the edge. He felt himself falling into the comforting darkness.

The demon smiled then, the human's pain was delicious. Then decisively, he turned to his minions. "Send a demon to intercept him. Delay his approach here. Hurt him!".

xx

The seatbelt light chimed on the wall in front of Mulder. Stirring himself, he fumbled with the belt. Then he nudged Kulain softly in the ribs with an elbow.

"Do up your seatbelt, they'll come and check!". Kulain's lip curled in contempt.

Then the Captain's voice came over the intercom. She warned them that they were moving into an area of stormy weather, there may be some turbulence. She was right. As the flight went on, the plane began to shudder and heave as it entered the storm. Mulder shivered. If Alex was out, injured in this kind of weather.

There was an explosion of fire as lightning struck the plane. An electrical discharge arced impossibly across the passenger compartment. Kulain out of his seat with a roar of rage, lunging forward. Then there were two of them, Kulain and a demon, struggling , wrestling each other in the centre of the compartment. Teeth and claws whirled as they attacked each other. The passengers began to scream and the little stewardess cowered in terror. Kulain pushed the demon away with a feral growl, then drew his hand back. Darkness leapt from his hand, striking, impaling the other demon. With a shriek, the creature dived away, struck the cabin wall, then chaos erupted. The demon flung itself through the thin aluminium skin in its eagerness to escape Kulain's wrath.

Explosive decompression!

The plane began to fall, and Mulder could only cling helpless to his seat. Gradually, the plane began to level out, as the pilot valiantly struggled to bring her aircraft under control. Kulain stood, impossibly unmoved by the rush of air, staring at the rip in the planes' skin.

Mulder felt himself begin to breath again. But the damage was so extensive that the plane had to divert to a nearer airport. A delay of hours in getting to Oregon. Mulder felt the tears of frustration running down his face. Then abruptly, it dawned on him what had just happened. They had been deliberately attacked. Kulain's rage was evident.

"Demons!". He hissed the word. Seeing Mulder had failed to grasp the reason for his anger, he seemed to hesitate momentarily. Then, "If they are involved, then Alex is in real trouble. He's not lost in the hills!"

He stared at Mulder's white face.

"I know the hand of my enemy in this!"

xx

Stupid Alex .. Stupid. Stupid. Why did you have to open your mouth! 'Lane, where are you?

Another pain to add to an already long list. He cradled his injured arm against him, shivering. He could feel his body going into shock at last. He felt so scared by now. He doubted if this demon would let him live long enough for Kulain to reach him. Thirst and hunger were also beginning to nag at him.

"Psst!". He looked around. "Psst!". A small figure jumped onto the chair, level with his head. A tiny demon, about the size of a small monkey, sitting staring at him with whirling green eyes.

"You belong to him? To Kulain?", a whispered question.

"Sure I do! Why the hell not?", Alex muttered miserably.

"The Dark Lords fight", the little creature squeaked. "Lord Nazath is very angry".

Alex laughed sarcastically.

"Well, I really do bleed for him!", he said , with a ghost of his old humour.

A conspiratorial grin settled over the small demon's face.

"If the Lord Kulain wins, you tell him I help you. 'S good to have great lords' favour".

Alex found himself remembering what Mulder had said. Demons loved deceit, which is why Kulain did so well in the F.B.I.

He shrugged. "Sure I will, if you can get me food and water". He pulled at the chain. "I don't suppose you can do anything about this?"

It shook its head. One link of the chain was as big as its head so it was probably asking too much of the little imp. It scampered off.

He heard a commotion in the distance, coming closer. Warily, he backed up as hard as he could into the corner. Nazath came in, enraged. A second demon, staggering, collapsed on the expensive Persian carpet. From the look of his body, this one had fought long and hard. His body had been viciously torn open in at least a dozen places.

Alex did his best to hide his grin. He had more sense now than to open his mouth.

Kick his butt, Kulain

Then he sensed golden eyes on him. A twitch of a talon and two smaller demons were on him, ripping and tearing at his clothes, shredding them from his body. Their mocking laughter made him feel so lost and vulnerable. Leaving him lying naked, shaking on the floor, his body shivering with more than the cold.

Chapter 3

Mulder and his partner Kulain were desperately trying to get to backwoods Oregon to rescue their partner and lover, Alex Krycek, when they had to thwart a demon attack. Kulain regarded this world as his, and he would kill any demon or human who tried to challenge him.

The storm seemed to get worse, rather than better. There was a gale howling outside as their plane finally landed in Oregon, after long delays. Amazing what nonsense people chose to believe about a supernatural attack, especially if government agents were involved. National security and all that. It was just starting to snow when they arrived in the early morning at Alex's hotel.

As they got out of the car, Kulain sniffed the air.

"They're close". He could feel the ambient power tugging like sandpaper against his skin.

"There's too much power here for just one demon. Can you feel it?" And Mulder could feel a pressure in the air, like an incipient headache.

Then the prickle of energy flared. Light, like an aurora borealis flashed across the sky.

"Sheet lightning?", Mulder said.

"No!". Kulain's voice was grim. "A gate between our worlds!"

xx

Alex drifted in an uneasy sleep.

Kulain's fingers drifted in a sweet, soft caress down his back, drifted lower, rubbing between his thighs. He moaned. It had been so long. He felt himself becoming aroused. Leaning back against Kulain, he began to spread his legs for his lover, rubbing himself against that exploring hand as it began to slide into his yearning body.

A sudden ear splitting screech.

Gasping, he came awake. With a roar of rage, Nazath slammed his hand at the small figure of an imp, just disappearing round the corner. And Alex realised exactly how close he'd come to letting that bastard, Nazath have him. Enraged, the demon lowered it's face to stare directly into the frightened human's eyes.

"You'll serve me sooner or later. I can make life more pleasant for you, little one. But if I have to wait until Kulain is dead, then you'll spread yourself wide for every demon here who wants you".

Kulain! Where are you? Please. I can't stand much more of this.

The demon lord strode off, scowling. Small sniggering noises came from behind a satin curtain. The imp popped it's head up near Alex.

"Not good for you to serve Nazath! I made him plenty mad. Now he's horny so he'll go away. Kill something!". More laughter. Then the little imp tossed him a rather stale loaf and a bottle of cola. An awful choice, but it tasted like ambrosia.

"Thanks. The thought of him touching me..." The imp, still chuckling, scampered off.

I won't think about it. I'd die first!

"Mulder! There's no way you could tackle a demon! You've faced one before. Remember?". Kulain shook his head.

He did remember, the first time he had seen Kulain. The awesome power surrounding him, the incredible personal magnetism that could weave its way under a human's skin so subtly that you wouldn't know you were captured until you bent over and spread your legs"

"You never did tell me how to kill a demon, Kulain". His eyes narrowed, but Mulder noticed the twinkle of humour in his eyes. Kulain was coming closer to humanity every day. Well some days, anyway.

"Have you got a sword then, Fox? Cold steel is a common and popular solution". Mulder looked at him, askance.

"It's not something I can fit in my trouser pocket easily!".

"Claws are better anyway", Kulain said smugly.

By midday, they were well on the way to the mountain. Mulder had refused to let his one remaining lover out of his sight, arguing that he would feel like dying anyway if he ended up alone. A momentary look of despair and anguish crossed his face, and almost unconsciously, his fists clenched, driving nails deep into palms. He refused to let Kulain out of his sight. While Kulain had distracted the local sheriff, Mulder had stolen a large machete from their crime museum.

"I'd better have this thing in my belt for a good reason. Do you know where you're going?".

A smile. "Oh yes. Gates affect the weather, so you just follow the storm".

Which was of course on the mountain. The going was quite tough as they slowly climbed upwards. The bad weather had trailed off a little for now, but the low clouds were threatening, and a light dusting of snow had made the climb more hazardous, as the rocks were glazed with ice.

Kulain seemed to be guided unerringly towards a spot high in the hills. Climbing over a ridge and down the other side, moving towards a darker area of the cliff face.

"This is it!", Mulder exclaimed, but stopped when Kulain raised a warning finger.

"There!". He pointed. "Leave your backpack here, you need to be able to move freely when we pass over". He did as he was told. Gripped the machete with both hands.

"Mulder, you haven't seen me in my true form for a long time. Can you take it, or are you going to freak out?". Mulder's look was fierce.

"You've never hurt me! And you know how I feel about Alex! Nothing's going to get in my way. Just get on with it".

He shifted. And in a way he was right. Mulder had forgotten how terrifying his presence was in that form, the magnetic sensuality that sent a wave of dark lust through his body. Familiar eyes watched him. He shivered, then reached out, laying his hand on the inhuman flesh.

"I've always known what you were, and I've always loved you! Lets kick ass!". He grinned fiercely into gleaming eyes, and they moved towards the Gate.

xx

The human cut a pathetic figure. He was covered with bruises and dozens of small cuts. The most obvious injuries were a spectacular hand sized bruise on his naked side and a similar one on his forehead. He huddled miserably against the demon lord's throne. Tracks of tears cut a trail through the dirt on his young face and he cradled his visibly damaged wrist carefully.

The Lord Nazath stared at the huddled, unseeing human who was sunk in misery by his side. He felt an odd mixture of lust and rage. Not that young human men were particularly to his taste, but the idea of possessing something belonging to Kulain, taking it away from him was exciting. He reached out slowly with one hand and tilted up the young human's chin so he was staring into its fearful green eyes. He wore a wolflike smile.. The human shrank back, so he pulled it closer, using the chain round it's wrist. It feebly attempted to claw at him, using the pathetic claws on the arm Kulain had given it. He backhanded it casually, and lowered his lips to taste the blood running down from the human's cut lips. A wave of hot lust filled the demon. He began to force the young human's head towards his newly burgeoning erection.

No. Please... Kulain... Help me...(whimper)

A low subterranean rumble, echoing through the cavern. A noise like a thousand lost souls wailing in torment. Nazath jerked his head up. He shoved the human away, rose to his feet and howled a name in rage.

"Kulain!". And bellowed to his servants to prepare themselves for their enemies' arrival.

The little imp watched the demon lord storming in rage at his subordinates. While Nazath's attention was elsewhere the little demon crept close to the captured human. He was sobbing wretchedly, shrunk into the angle between the throne and the wall behind. Running along a ledge next to the human's head, it grabbed a lock of hair and tugged repeatedly. Alex lifted his head slowly. There was little defiance in the cowering eyes, only misery and dread.

"You felt the gate?. It hissed at him. The human nodded.

"What will Nazath do?". The imp shrugged, an oddly human gesture. "He'll challenge Kulain. He thinks he is strong enough to win".

"Is he?". Fear in that question. The imp frowned. "No way he'll beat Kulain unless he's very sly. Very deceitful. You are Kulain's weakness. He'll hurt you".

"Don't go! Bring me a weapon if you can, something sharp"

The little imp shook its head. "No use against the Lord Nazath! You can't even hold it properly". It stared at his wrists, one snapped and the other severely bruised by the metal cuff.

"It's not for that...". And a fresh tear ran down his cheek. The imp shook its head doubtfully and scuttled off into the darkness.

If he tries to use me to hurt Kulain... If he tries to take me again... I'll kill myself... Oh Fox, I'm so sorry...

Rainbow light shimmered in the middle of the rock wall. Instinctively, Mulder gripped Kulain's arm as they stepped through the shimmering curtain. A sense of dislocation wrenched at his stomach, a sensation of falling and moving forward at the same time. Then they were through. Kulain breathed the air in deeply, in the cavern where the gate exited. Felt the power of this place and the presence of its guardians on an almost instinctive level. Even as Mulder watched, he seemed to expand, his greenish skin was suddenly glittering as if being here enhanced him somehow. The eyes that looked around the cavern were suddenly black inky shadows that made him shiver in apprehension. He was unaware of the darkness that flared in his own eyes, in response to his lover.

The two demons stepped out in front of them. Both were as big as Kulain, and they immediately launched a simultaneous assault on Kulain, ripping and tearing with their claws and teeth. Mulder shrank back behind Kulain the instant they appeared, but both appeared to consider him no threat. Then movement caught his eye, and he saw a smaller demon clinging to the low roof, crawling towards them. With all his strength, he stabbed upwards with the machete, impaling the demon. And leapt back as a flood of ichor sprayed downwards, spattering across his parka. A single drop on his hand burned like acid. He quickly ripped off the jacket before it could eat through the fabric onto his skin. The steel blade he carried seemed unaffected. Kulain found it comparatively easy to deal with the two guards. Using talons and immense strength, he broke one over his knee and smashed the other to pulp with his fists.

Turning to Mulder, he gestured to his lover, and they moved quickly and quietly down the tunnel. Kulain held up a finger in warning, then flattened himself against the tunnel wall, as they came to a big cavern. He stared out into the dark cave, seeming not to be bothered by the darkness. His eyes seemed almost luminously green. As they went forward, through endless tunnels and caverns, Mulder became increasingly worried.

No sign of any other living thing, not even a demon.

"Where are they all?", he whispered.

Kulain's eyes narrowed. "There is a gathering place ahead. Nazath likes a show. He'll meet us there, I think".

Alex was seized roughly, before he even had time to react. Nazath, with huge strength, had simply yanked the chain out of its rock anchor. Now the young human was being dragged along cruelly. The pain of his already abused body, as he was driven towards the gathering place was agonizing. Finally he was tugged onto a platform about twenty feet above the ground, surrounded by over a thousand silent demons. Many were humanlike, but some resembled gargoyles, with huge, leathery wings folded close to their bodies. The spider demons he had encountered before were clinging to the walls. And there were at least a dozen different types, some terrifying. Nazath sank down onto a throne above all the other demons. Subtle visual effects were not his forte. He yanked Alex towards him. The human fought feebly against the inhuman strength. He was seized effortlessly and placed like a doll on the demon lord's lap. Immensely strong arms came round him, cruelly tight, in a vile mockery of Kulain's affection.

There was a stir at one side of the cavern, and Kulain stepped out from the side tunnel, with Mulder at his side. Alex felt his heart leap in a pathetic flicker of hope. They had come for him, risking everything. The demon crowd parted on either side of the two figures, making a corridor down which they approached. Many growled in menace.

Mulder shivered, some places weren't meant for humankind.

Kulain looked at Alex, no emotion showing on his face. Mulder gasped in shock. Alex was shivering, naked, on the lap of the biggest demon he had ever seen. His face was battered almost beyond recognition, and he had obviously been viciously mistreated. Nazath smiled.

"Well, Kulain, you came. I knew you would want your human servant back".

He smiled. "Shall I take him in front of you?". He began to rub himself against the whimpering human.

Kulain laughed. Both humans stared at him in shock.

"You made an error, Nazath. He's not my human servant, the key to my power". He snaked an arm around Mulder's waist. "This one is! The first one I bound to me! That is our law!

Mulder gaped in shock.

"Shall I prove it?'

And Mulder felt the burning heat of love and lust and a thousand different emotions boil out of him, linking him to his lover. And black fire crawled along his skin as the part of him that answered to Kulain reacted to his summons. Following the command to show its true nature. He was falling. The watchers saw the light abruptly withdraw, leaping to Kulain's outstretched hand, leaving the human lying dazed on the floor. It had seemed to take the very marrow of his bones with it when it vanished, he could barely move, for he felt so drained.

With a cry of rage, Nazath flung his human captive across the dais. Lunging for Kulain, the two of them instantly in a boiling tangle of limbs, ripping and tearing at each other, in a frenzy.

Mulder dizzily stood up, shaking his head to try and clear it, then he remembered his lover. He began to push his way through the crowd of demons, whose attention was all on the fight.

Bending down, he slid his arms around the injured man, raising his head gently. Green eyes watched him.

"Mulder?" Alex looked into familiar hazel eyes. Then clung to him, so pathetically weak. Mulder kissed the younger man on the top of his head, the rest of his face was so battered... He tried to lift Alex, but a desperate whimper made him stop.

"Bust a couple of ribs, at least", he whispered. Then, "It's so good to see you again... Mulder, if Kulain loses... kill me, please!".

Mulder's eyes filled with shock. Then comprehension showed in his face.

"Don't worry love. If we have to, we'll go together. Do you think I'd let you go anywhere ever again without me..." A tear ran down his cheek. They clung together, watching the fighting demons.

With a bellow of rage, Nazath arched his talons downward, almost too fast for the humans to see, aiming for Kulain's eyes. Their lover's arm punched upwards, through his opponent's chest, and a huge fireball of energy erupted around the two demons. The crowd of watchers surged forward.

Sudden dead silence.

Alex's hand caught Mulder's, pressing against him, trembling.

And Kulain walked through the crowd of demons, a satisfied look on his inhuman face. Mulder let out a slow sigh, then looked at the limp body he held. The moment he had seen Kulain, Alex had fainted, his overtaxed body finally shutting down

Kulain looked at the two huddled figures at his feet. He reached down and tenderly stroked Mulder's forehead. Then he gently touched Alex. A look of such sadness passed across his face. Black light shimmered along his arm, seeming to bathe the human in its radiance. Sinking into his skin. Soothing away his worst injuries, bones lengthening and straightening, whole once again. Though he still looked bruised, colour seemed to flood back into his white face. Mulder gasped in awe.

'That's not possible!", he whispered. Then his lover smiled.

"You'd be surprised at what I can do, Mulder".

Kulain lifted the limp young body and carried it to a small room nearby. He gently smoothed the hair away from his lover's forehead and kissed the still bruised skin. Then he carefully laid the human down on a pile of exotic furs.

"Mulder, I have some business to take care of. Stay here with him, you're safe here. I may be a long time, but I will come back for you." As if he was some business man dealing with a corporate take over!

Mulder nodded.

"Be careful. I need you back in one piece. Someone has to explain all this to Skinner!"

Left alone with his lover. Tenderly, he pulled one of the furs over that naked body, then slid, naked underneath it too. He nestled in close to Alex, slipping his arms round that familiar body. Alex, with a small questioning noise in his throat, stirred restlessly.

"Shhh, love. It's just me. I'll keep the demons away tonight", he murmured reassuringly. With a small sigh, his lover relaxed against him, burrowing into the familiar contours of his body. And slept properly for the first time since his abuse had begun.

Mulder had intended to stay awake, but the exhausting events of the past few days had taken their toll. He slid into a deep dreamless sleep. And awoke suddenly, as some wrongness intruded on his consciousness. Alex was in the throes of a nightmare. Struggling blindly, incoherently, to escape some traumatic night terror,

"No, Alex. It's alright". Shaking the young human until he came awake in a long, shuddering gasp. For a moment he looked desperately lost and alone, then Mulder was holding him tight, whispering his name over and over again. Alex clung to him, like a drowning man, and began to cry in wretched anguish, his heaving sobs wrenching at his whole body. Mulder just held him as the young mans' grief went on and on. He began to soothe Alex, stroking his hair, giving him small kisses, murmuring sweet nonsense. Gradually some part of his loving embrace seemed to comfort the terror and misery, and Alex's body began to slowly relax.

He lifted up his head, and stared into his lover's eyes, drinking in the sight of the man he thought he would never see again. The man who'd been prepared to die for him. And kissed him with all the strength in his bruised body. Mulder's fingers tightened in Alex's hair, returning the kiss just as fiercely. Then with surprising strength, Alex pushed Mulder back onto the luxuriant furs that lined the makeshift bed, rolling on top of him, enjoying the voluptuous sensation of fur sliding across bare skin, and leaned down to capture that mouth in another honeyed kiss.

Alex felt his body begin to react to Mulder, his cock, beginning to stir. It seemed like forever since they had lain together, their bodies entwined. A wave of need filled him and he began to rub his body against Mulder's. His lover's body began to react to him just as hungrily, then they were devouring each others bodies with ravenous kisses. Sex and death, as always an aphrodisiac.

Alex slid under the furs, letting his kisses run the length of his lover's body, then moving upwards again to find Mulder's upraised cock. He let his tongue run the length of it, licking and sucking at the balls beneath. Mulder arched upwards in abandon, then a gasping cry burst out of him as Alex swallowed the full length of it. The hot tight moistness was bringing him to the edge. Alex's hand at the base of his shaft as he drew back. Not letting him lose himself yet.

"I want to look into your eyes when I'm inside you..", a gasped plea.

Mulder lifted his legs, positioning himself for his lover's entrance. Alex needed so much to be in control this time, after such helplessness. Alex's fingers slipping inside him rubbing and stroking. Heat flaring inside him, he felt as though he were white hot.

Memory of Kulain touching him. Fire surging across his skin as the demon's power had spilled through him. Love. Lust. The essence of life

The love between him and Alex, just as strong, but different, more equal

Alex lubricating himself, then sliding inside him. Such tight closeness. Fox, so close to you. So intimate

Moving their bodies together, in increasingly passionate friction, Long downward strokes meeting urgent upward thrusts. Slow at first, becoming harder and faster. Fingers gripping each other in a death like grip.

NEVER APART NEVER AGAIN I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU

They reached a peak together.

Wild crescendo. Orchestra playing crashing music. Waves on the shore. Explosion of light, sound, emotion. The wildest, longest and most explosive orgasm each had ever known. For a moment, it was as if black fire wrapped them in its' embrace, though neither was in a position to notice.

Slowing heartbeats, soothing kisses, warmth of two bodies entwined.

Alex rested his head on Mulder's chest, dreamily enjoying the feel of arms around him. Mulder lightly kissed his forehead again. A sound of footsteps in the tunnel outside made both men suddenly tense up. Alex gasped, and for a moment, a shadow of terror crossed his face. The sounds came closer, and Kulain entered the small room. He smiled down at his two young humans. And all the tension between Kulain and his wayward lover vanished. Then his arms were full of a naked Alex and a moment later they were in a devastating three way embrace that went on and on for an eternity.

"Would you like to see what it's all about?". With a mysterious smile, Kulain gestured to them. Mulder grabbed at his clothes, but Alex just grabbed at a large golden furred pelt and unconsciously sensual, wrapped it around himself. Kulain led the way through a maze of caverns. Into a cavern vaster than anything either human had ever seen.

"This is definitely not Kansas Mulder!". His partner grimaced, but he couldn't refute the statement. The cavern was so vast that somewhere far above, clouds were gathering. From the viewpoint they were standing on, they couldn't even see the far edge of the cavern so it must be at least fifty miles away. The distant depths were hidden by a blue haze. It was as bright as daylight, from the strangest source of illumination either men had ever seen. It was a vast spinning geometric shape in the centre of the cavern, that seemed to change even as they watched it. The light from the glowing shape was impossibly, black! Or at least that's how human minds perceived it. The shape had to be at least half the size of the cavern around it. Smaller lights seemed to spin around the shape, millions of them, of all colours, some defying description. It was an awesome and terrifying sight.

"The Sith!". Kulain's voice was soft. "The source of all the gates in the universe. Placed here so that it would be guarded from all interference by the demons". His eyes seemed to glow, and for a moment, seemed to more than reflect that strange light. "No human has ever looked on it before". He began to walk down into the cavern, and gestured for the two to follow. Mulder swallowed. He trusted Kulain, but this!

As they walked onto the floor of the cavern, a humming noise seemed to resonate through their bones. Alex gasped and shook his head. Kulain stopped. He reached out his hand and black light seemed to spill down over it. Something forming in the palm of his hand, a tiny spinning geometric shape, curiously similar to its giant brother. It split itself, almost organically, into two and Kulain reached out to his humans. Touched each shape to the tiny gold earring each wore as a symbol of their partnership. A flash of darkness that seemed to travel through skin and bone.

Nothingness.

Alex raised his head sleepily. He was lying entwined on the bed in Mulder's apartment, with a very naked, sleeping lover. Hadn't he been doing something with Kulain? He shook his head. Somehow he had been walking in the wilds of Oregon, looking for...? And now he was here, with no clear memory of how he got home. The only image that he could come up with, no matter how much he wracked his brains was..Dorothy in Kansas?

Mulder stirred, blinked and opened his eyes. Alex was sitting on the edge of the bed, shaking his head. Mulder felt vaguely uneasy. He couldn't seem to remember Alex getting home, though somewhere inside him he could remember lying on...? Furs...? While Alex looked into his eyes lovingly. He looked at the clock. And blinked.

"Alex, what have we been doing for the past three days?". And his puzzled partner could only shake his head in bewilderment. Then the younger man reached out and touched the small black polygonal crystal that dangled on Mulder's earring. And realised he had one to match.

"I think we must have been buying jewellery, Mulder", he said wonderingly.

Kulain quietly watched his two humans discussing their memory loss in bafflement. He could have told them, but some secrets are not meant for human minds. And besides, the deep traumas both , especially Alex, had felt were so painful it was better that they be allowed to forget. He wondered what effect his small gift would have on their lives. It wasn't every day that the Sith chose two guardians. Perhaps in a few years, when it became apparent that neither was ageing, he would tell them the truth.

Well, some of it.

xx

Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
Part III: Darkness in the Blood

Feedback to Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
FEEDBACK is life!
NC-17
SPOILERS None
DISCLAIMER All X Files Characters belong to Chris Carter and Fox, I've just borrowed them for a while. I am not making any profit out of this, it's just for entertainment. The character of Kulain is mine, but Mr Carter, you can borrow him if you want to.
Don't know where I found the time to do this. All that work I have to do. Sigh.
This one was HARD to write. Please let me know if it works.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]