Go to notes and disclaimers


Ares' Pawn
by Megaera


Simple he says! No problem for someone of your talents! I'm relying on you to do this for me Alex! Don't let me down Alex, you wouldn't want to spend eternity as a real rat would you? With one limb missing?

Subtle he wasn't, but Ares had got the message across. Alex was going to steal some stupid artifact from one of the biggest and most secure museums in the world. And he was going to bring it back to his "lord and master," the god who had adopted Alex as his latest little amusement. Alex had thought his days of taking orders from a superior were over, but apparently not. You couldn't exactly say no to Ares, his threats were all too real. But oh, the rewards! Alex felt his body responding unconsciously to the memory of last night and whimpered softly. It was always like this afterwards, his body aching with longing, desperate for the next time he would lie in those strong arms. It wasn't love. In fact, in some ways he hated Ares, the submission he demanded was unnatural to Alex. But the nights...... lust personified.

Alex sighed, and prepared to make a quick reconnaissance of the Washington Museum he had been ordered to rob. How hard could it be to steal some golden trinket from a Greek statue?

xx

Fox Mulder was having the latest in what seemed a very long line of bad days. Nothing ever seemed to go right, these days. The latest misfortune was being assigned to show some foreign cop from Greece around Washington, while his embassy was engaged in high level talks about antiquities trafficking and its prevention. One Captain Apollo Artemidorus, who obviously came from a family of culture. Mulder was really suffering. Not that a program of visits to Washington's museums and art galleries was so dreadful, even for someone with his appalling aesthetic sense. But the Greek was plainly as bored as Mulder was, and it showed. He wondered why the hell the handsome Greek had wanted to do the tour in the first place. Mulder was barely paying attention to his colleague's occasional, slightly malicious comments, and was counting the minutes until he could go home that evening. So when the Greek grinned, and brightened up considerably, he didn't immediately realise the cause.

The Greek sculpture gallery.

The Greek nude sculpture gallery.

Very nude.

xx

Apollo leered at his embarrassed companion and grinned.

"Where I come from, such beautiful physiques are common. Don't you find them attractive Agent Mulder? Quite unlike the modern male who sits in an office all day and grows fat. These men were beauty personified. Magnificent, don't you think? So well built. So developed...."

Mulder blushed, to his companion's delight. There was more than a hint of the prude about the delightfully attractive Agent Mulder that Apollo found irresistible. He wondered how long it would take him to seduce the beautiful mortal. If he had time enough, the powerful blonde sun god would teach Mulder a thing or two about how to please his betters. Fox Mulder would certainly learn a few thing about himself. Like how to kneel in worship at the feet of a god, and obey his every whim.

Apollo smiled slightly cruelly. History could have told Mulder a few tales about the danger of loving this particular god. There had once been a handsome young man called Hyacinthus, who Apollo had wooed and won. He had blinded one of his rivals in love for the human, but another had smashed his pretty lover's skull to pieces in retaliation. And there had been many forcible conquests of beautiful humans since then.

But in the meantime, his little game was about to begin. This time, Ares would lose.

xx

Alex strolled casually round the museum, nonchalantly studying the exhibits, biding his time, pretending to be engrossed in his studies. Remarkable what a change of clothing did for him. It was ridiculously easy to shed the hard, ruthless image and adopt the guise of an inept and awkward academic making an examination of certain artefacts. He edged his way closer to this afternoon's goal, the travelling exhibition of Greek treasures which was lodged on an upper floor. And one particular statue of Aphrodite, goddess of love, that bore a golden necklace. For some reason, Ares demanded the piece of jewellery.

Alex had studied purloined plans of the museum and its security details, and had figured out a way to snatch the necklace in broad daylight. The museum security was unexpectedly lax during the day, though stringent at night. Alex anticipated few problems that his gun couldn't fix.

His mistake.

xx

Mulder sighed. His guest showed no desire to leave the museum, and even when the closing chimes sounded through its marbled halls, he still lingered in the vicinity of the exhibition hall. When Mulder had dropped a few less than subtle hints about leaving, and maybe taking in a meal, he had merely smiled and said, "All in good time!"

Mulder sighed quietly, and tried to feign an interest in the exhibits around him. There was one particular statue of the god Apollo that he would swear was smirking at him. In fact, it bore more than a passing resemblance to his big, golden haired companion. Mulder felt irrationally irritated by the figure. Then something caught his eye. A slightly stooping academic wearing an old tweed jacket was peering through thick glasses at the statue of Aphrodite Mulder had just passed. The man lifted his head and glanced around quickly. Mulder gasped. At first he hadn't been sure. But now he knew.

Alex!

Mulder concealed himself hastily behind a mock marble column and watched as his nemesis surveyed his surroundings. The last of the tourists filed out of the hall. Mulder couldn't see Apollo anywhere.

Abruptly, Alex leapt up onto the high marble pedestal displaying the statue, and in a single movement, ripped the necklace from it. The guard on duty jumped up with a shout, and was dispatched with maximum efficiency by one carefully aimed martial arts kick to the head.

Mulder yelled Krycek's name, and ran forward, pulling his gun. But before he could take more than a few steps, Apollo was standing before Krycek, towering over him, his big form trembling with rage.

"Give it to me!" he snarled, his voice low with menace.

Alex scowled at him and with a sense of horror, Mulder saw Krycek's gun swing round to aim at the Greek's chest. Mulder saw the muzzle flash as the gun fired twice.

Apollo sneered in contempt at the human's pathetic attempts at self defence, and with a powerful fist, backhanded Alex Krycek across the face. The Consortium assassin's gun flew away from him. The human's eyes went wide with shock, even as he fell, to lie sprawled, semi-conscious at the god's feet. Apollo reached down and ripped the necklace roughly from the human's clutching fingers.

"What the hell?" Mulder had skidded to a stop on the marbled floor, and was staring at Apollo. "How did you survive a hit that close? What's going on?"

The golden haired god smiled in restored good humour. He had what he had come for. Ares' pathetic servant had revealed the true hiding place of Aphrodite's necklace, and now its powers would be his. Ares had lost this round. He reached out and patted Fox Mulder's cheek condescendingly, enjoying the way the hazel eyes widened in outrage.

"Keep yourself ready for me, my Fox. My demands on you will test your body to its limits. I look forward to the taste of those beautiful lips....."

"You damn...... If you think I'm going to........" Mulder spluttered.

Apollo laughed, and his body shimmered with a golden reflection of sunlight, dazzling Mulder. Then faded into nothing. He had gone.

Mulder's gun dropped from suddenly nerveless fingers, and he sank to his knees, staring at the spot where Apollo had disappeared. It was the sound of harsh laughter that finally penetrated the numbness that seemed to have overtaken his brain. He looked down.

Alex lay sprawled on the floor next to him, watching him closely, a thin thread of blood marring the perfection of his mouth. Green eyes gleamed with wry amusement.

"You don't know what you're involved in Mulder. Who the players are! It's not a game either of us can ever win. Just hope to stay alive and in one piece...."

Mulder felt fury well up inside him. He grabbed at Alex, and shook his nemesis roughly.

"You son of a bitch, Krycek! Tell me what's going on now! What the hell just happened?"

Alex Krycek's lips curved up further.

"Maybe I should tell you. No-one would ever believe you anyway. Then again, certain.... parties might not like me giving away their secrets. I've got to cover my ass in this...."

Mulder felt a wave of rage take him. He wanted to pound his fists into this so-frustrating man. To shake some sense into him. To reach down and...... What? He shook his head, trying to clear it. Saw the gleam of green in his former partner's sidelong glance. Before he could analyse his feelings, his fists were extended, catching hold of Krycek's stupid jacket. Tweed, for fuck's sake! What a dumb disguise! Eyes turned emerald, widening with apprehension.

"Your ass is mine!" Mulder growled.

Before he was even aware of his actions, Mulder pulled Alex against him and kissed the slightly swollen lips, forcing them apart, like he had wanted to do for so long. He plunged his tongue deep into the warmth of Krycek's mouth and when he met no resistance, tasted the sweetness that lay within. Alex tasted as good as he remembered. Back when he had sluttishly offered himself to Mulder, when they were partners. He had seemed so young and innocent then. So ready to be kissed and sucked and licked and.......

What was happening to him? For a moment Mulder drew back, tried to slow the frantic pace of his heart, the whirling thoughts that seemed to be filling his head with thoughts of desire and hot, frantic sex. Alex gazed at him coquettishly, smiling slightly, his eyes promising so much. His lips looked almost bruised now, darkened and slightly moist. He was breathing slightly fast, an effect of Mulder's last offensive against his mouth.

"Go ahead," Alex said softly. "I know what you want. Take it....."

Mulder caught hold of Krycek and dragged him backwards, both men on their feet now and stumbling against each other. Mulder slammed Alex against the wall, and pressed himself closer, not caring any more. The pull of those green eyes was too great. A whirlpool of desire that drew him in, promising wordless delights that would make him their slave forever. And how he wanted to fall into those green depths. To surrender a part of himself to their demands.

"Alex......"

Mulder moaned in protest, the last of his willpower disappearing as strong arms went up around him, holding him close. He could feel how much Alex wanted him. The slight trembling in the body crushed against his, the unmistakable hardness pressed against his hip. Alex moved against him, a slight, delicious friction, one leg lifting and inveigling its way between his thighs, rubbing gently.

"Let's get out of here, I know a place......" Alex finally moved away from him, and Mulder found himself following blindly, through the darkened halls of the empty museum. Apparently the robbery hadn't been discovered yet, the guard must still be unconscious.

Mulder didn't care.

Alex stopped outside a grey, unmarked door and pulled a lockpick out. The door swung open in seconds. The two of them entered, and found themselves in an abandoned suite of offices, still tenanted by a range of office furniture. Alex pulled Mulder down onto an old couch, and was instantly astride him, pushing him back into the softness of the cushions, ripping at his shirt, unheeding of its care. Long fingers agilely pulled open his belt and zipper. A sigh of triumph as his already swollen cock was drawn free.

"I see you've missed me!" A throaty whisper, followed by a long, slow lick across the surface of Mulder's neck. It was Mulder's turn to moan. His nemesis pulled off his jacket and flung it sideways, followed shortly afterwards by his shirt.

Mulder caught his breath at the sight of his handsome lover, skin smooth and taut over a firmly muscled torso. Alex could have modelled for one of those damned statues, an athlete or runner perhaps. Irresistibly, he ran his fingers across the perfect skin, enjoying the smooth feel of it. Alex grinned wickedly, and leaned in to capture Mulder's mouth under his. He had been waiting so long for this. To be with Mulder again. Then with an animal grace, pulling at his remaining clothes. He slithered down the half naked body next to his and rapidly took care of Mulder's remaining clothing. The agent watched, his cock growing to its full extent, droplets of pre-ejaculate beginning to form at its tip.

Alex found his mouth close, not entirely by coincidence, to Mulder's magnificently proportioned penis. It was a small, but rewarding step to take the engorged tip into his mouth and taste the long sought flavour of Fox Mulder. It was also good to hear the little gasp that Mulder made when he increased the suction of his lips a little.

Mulder gazed down at the dark haired young man who was attending to his erection with evident enthusiasm and no shortage of expertise. He watched the movement of the mouth on his cock, the swift glances that seemed to strike into his soul.

Then Alex drew back.

"No! Alex.... please"

Mulder found to his chagrin that his mouth seemed more in tune with his cock than his brain. This was stupid! He and Alex...... It could never work..... So why was he begging the younger man to suck him off? To Alex's obvious amusement.

Alex had been in control of this encounter from the beginning.

With a superhuman effort, Mulder forced himself to move. In one lithe movement, he pounced on Alex. Suddenly, he was the one in control, and Alex was the one sprawled beneath him.

"You said I had to take it!" he growled fiercely. He sucked briefly on his fingers. Then he was thrusting them between firm thighs, and trailing them across sensitive skin until he was besieging Alex's tight opening. The expression of shock Alex wore changed abruptly to desire, and he pushed his ass eagerly towards the invading fingers, voicing his approval with a muttered "Oh yeah..."

Alex was in heaven. He was in the arms of a very willing and eager Fox Mulder. One who didn't have to be seduced, like last time..... Who was uncharacteristically in control of Alex's body. When Alex had anticipated being the initiator in this encounter. He had planned to fall to his knees and suck the agent until he screamed. But this was better. Mulder seemed so very aggressive, so demanding.

It seemed like Alex had a lot of practice these days, fulfilling the needs of powerful men. Though he liked being on top better, there was a lot to be said for being filled with Fox Mulder's cock. Alex eagerly anticipated whatever he could get from Mulder. He should have remembered Mulder's peculiar little quirks. He had to convince himself he was still macho, so he had only allowed Alex to take him once. Alex licked his lips in anticipation. Give it time....

Irresistibly Mulder kissed Alex again, enjoying the way the younger man accepted his probing tongue without protest. He could feel the younger man's body moving into a more amenable position beneath him. Somehow the thought that Alex Krycek wanted him so badly brought with it, incredible heat. Alex reclined beneath him like a young god, perfect in every way, his thighs parted and his knees drawn up to provide him with extra leverage. Mulder didn't hesitate to position himself quickly between them. The implied invitation was more than sufficient to bring him close to the edge.

Mulder felt himself to be alive for the first time in years. It was as if he was possessed by a mysterious force that demanded his body and soul. And the force emanated from his long time rival, one time lover Alex. He was more beautiful than Mulder remembered. His skin seemed to have a luminous quality that defied description, an enchanting, haunting quality that was almost irresistible.

Both of them must have sensed that something was different this time. If a quick bout of sex was what they had anticipated, then things were suddenly not going to plan. Alex had frozen, staring into Mulder's eyes, and he too remained immobile for a moment. Watching each other. Not sure what had changed, only that it was something soul shaking. Time seemed to pause......

"Alex......" Mulder said uncertainly.

"Yeah...... I know!" The assassin smiled tentatively. "You going to stay there all day...?"

"Maybe."

Softly then. "Okay, if you want to......"

Mulder grinned then. "Maybe not!"

In a single thrust he buried himself inside Alex Krycek, saw the green eyes flash fire, the delectable lips part in a long moan of satisfaction. His strong legs wrapped around his lover's body, pulling him closer. Alex had always been unexpectedly agile in bed, it was something they had delighted in, a long time ago.

He looked, at the moment, as though he was the cat who'd got the cream. Gallons of it, pure and totally satisfying.

In truth, Alex was finding it difficult to stay in control. Too many times with Ares. Too many long hard thrusts that impaled him utterly. And when Ares took, he held nothing back. Mulder felt the same inside him. The agent was one of the biggest men Alex had ever had, except for HIM.

The urge to surrender to the demands of his body was becoming too strong. Ares had loved it when his little Alex writhed out of control beneath him, fucking himself frantically into orgasm after orgasm. Now Alex found himself reacting to Mulder the same way.

He screamed helplessly, then he was clawing Mulder deeper, wantonly lifting his hips higher, trying to take in more of Mulder. Trying to bring the ecstasy closer. He saw the flash of astonishment in Mulder's eyes at his abandoned behaviour. Alex Krycek surrendering to him? Losing whatever restraint he possessed? Giving himself body and soul? Alex didn't care. His body was crying out for what Mulder could give him.

"Fox.... deeper. I want you...... harder.... yes....YES!"

Alex felt his hips surge upwards as he came, unable to quell the physical response, and the howl he made as he reached his peak. Mulder's own sounds changed, his gasps becoming small cries of pleasure, as the waves of Alex's release bore down on him. Then Alex felt the hot flood of Mulder's own fulfilment, as he discharged his seed deep into Alex's body.

Mulder sagged down on top of his lover, breathing heavily in exertion. He pressed his forehead against Alex's as they both lay still, wrapped up in each other.

"That was incredible!" Mulder murmured in the younger man's ear. He lifted his head slightly, so he could observe the green eyes closely.

"You too! That was so hot......."

"It doesn't have to be just once Alex. Come stay with me. It can be like it was before....."

Alex gently pushed at his lover, until Mulder reluctantly allowed him up. He rose to his feet and shook his head.

"There are things you don't know. I'm involved with some stuff....."

"I don't give a damn!"

Alex grinned and grabbed his lover's face between two warm hands.

"You idiot, Mulder! You're not thinking with your brain, are you?"

The thin gold bracelet round his wrist scraped against the smooth skin of Mulder's cheek. Alex leaned in for a kiss that wasn't the heat and fiery torment of their recent sex, but something filled with tenderness and gentle affection. His green eyes were deep as the ocean, somehow more open and needy than Mulder had ever seen from him before.

"Fox......"

"ALEX!"

Both men jumped apart, and whirled as the unexpected voice sounded behind them.

Ares leaned against the wall, deceptively casual in expression, leering at the two naked men. Alex flushed and lowered his eyes. Unlike Mulder, he knew what Ares could do to him if he was annoyed. He tried to make himself appear as non-threatening and submissive as possible.

Ares smirked. Alex was as cowed by the implied threat to himself and his lover as if Ares had yelled a thousand terrible curses at him. The little fool was actually in love with his playmate. Oh yes, Alex would pay for his carelessness. But because Ares considered himself a generous patron, he would make sure Alex's punishment involved a good deal of surrendering of that lush body to his god's whims. Alex would find his penance quite a challenge. Ares grinned unconsciously, and Alex shivered at his master's knowing expression.

God. Oh god. He knew then that he wouldn't be able to walk straight tomorrow. If he was even able to stand, that is.

Alex moaned softly, not sure whether to be afraid or willing. Mulder watched him in shock, as he made his way over to the god and dropped automatically to his knees before Ares. A large hand reached out and petted his little slut's face. Mulder saw a suddenly vulnerable expression on Alex Krycek's face that didn't fit at all with the Alex he had come to know and love. And when did Alex act so submissive to anyone?

"You've attracted my brother's attention, Agent Mulder. That's not something I'd recommend!" The dark eyed man, who appeared to dominate Alex, was watching him closely. "I can protect you, but my services come at a price....."

One hand traced down Alex's cheekbone and then a finger pressed against Alex's passion reddened lips. They parted to let the invader in, and Alex began to suckle enthusiastically on Ares' finger. Mulder watched, transfixed. He felt wildly, irrationally jealous. So it was just another trick by Krycek. Who obviously had other interests, other men......

Why the hell did he care about the actions of that two timing whore?

He wanted nothing more to do with Alex or his patron.

"Slut!" he whispered softly.

Ares laughed.

"You're assuming he has a choice, Agent Mulder!"

All Mulder's presumptions shattered. And only Alex's warning glance stopped him from rushing forward to beat the shit out of the dark bearded man. That and the sudden realisation of what was wrong here. The thing his mind had refused to accept until now. Maybe because he had been thinking with his cock and not his brain.

Alex Krycek had two arms!

The implications were terrifying. There was a power at work here beyond his comprehension.

"You begin to understand." Ares said softly. "My offer is still open, Agent Mulder. Just call my name and I'll come for you."

"Your name?"

"Ares!" the god said. Then he and Alex disappeared in a shimmer of light.

xx

Ares stroked his finger down Alex's chest, flicking across the nipple lightly until it stood firm and proud. The wanton little slut whimpered softly, shivered in distress. Wide green eyes filled with apprehension. Humans were so regrettably prone to sensory overload. Alex had just reached that point, and didn't seem to comprehend what was happening to him. That Ares slightest touch would bring pleasure so overwhelming, it was almost painful. The human's mouth was by now visibly bruised, and not just from the attentions of Ares' hated brother Apollo. Alex had been taken so many times that night, that he could barely lift his head, he was so exhausted.

Ares laughed unkindly, and reached for Alex's left arm. He pulled the length of gold chain from around Alex's wrist.

"A partial success, little one. This is the reason you're still alive, and not scampering around on three legs, Alex. My foolish brother didn't realise that my dear wife Aphrodite's necklace snapped in two, when he ripped it away from you. Mind you, Alex. If you didn't want to get fucked senseless, you should never have worn it next to your skin. That's its purpose, after all. My bitch of a wife was always enthusiastic about sex."

He smirked.

"And of course, your precious Mulder found you as hard to resist as I did!"

His smile deepened further.

"I take it as a personal affront that you're still conscious, Alex. One more time, I think!"

He always did love a challenge.

xx

Part IV: Messenger of the Gods

Ares' Pawn
by Megaera
DATE May 1999
E-MAIL Megaera@Megaera.demon.co.uk
FEEDBACK Always welcome
RATING NC-17
CONTENT WARNING m/m slash
SPOILERS None. Hercules the legendary journeys crossover.
SUMMARY Alex finds his wildest desires coming true.
DISCLAIMER Chris Carter and 1013 invented them and use them to tantalise us. Can they blame us if we dream a little? The other character (you'll see who) belongs to Renaissance Pictures/MCA/Universal. Of course, even before that, he belonged to Greek civilisation, all hail to it. No infringement is intended. Sequel to My hero and A helping hand.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]