Go to notes and disclaimers


Part Seven
Endings


"If you want to be with me
If you want to be with me
You can come with me if you want to"
—Depeche Mode

Murdoch Family Estate
Sirius
1:00 am

Garren had let Alex sleep for hours before he returned to his sweet cat. The estate was quiet, and there were plenty of guards on patrol. The ceremony to close the Opening would not be disturbed. He slid next to the sleeping beauty, kissing and biting on taut, golden flesh. With a grin he reopened the small wound on Alex's neck and introduced a bit more of his spore. Before it could take effect, he gently shook Alex awake. Those beautiful eyes blinked in drugged confusion, and Garren lapped gently at the parted pink lips.

"Time for your punishment Alex... you've slept enough."

Before Alex could understand what Garren had whispered, he was pulled up and into an embrace. Garren kissed him, and Alex groggily tried to push the hot tongue out of his mouth. His head was held in a firm grip, and Garren breathed hotly against Alex's lips.

"First the punishment and then the pleasure, Alex." Another passionate kiss, more reminiscent of a lion feeding on a kill. "Such pleasure, beautiful one."

Alex pushed off the remaining dregs of the drug and tried to escape Garren's tight grip. Garren stood, holding Alex to him, arranging the smaller man until Alex was on his knees facing him, his face pressed into Garren's neck, while Garren's hands traveled lecherously down his back. Suddenly Garren pulled Alex off the bed, sat himself on the edge of the bed and pulled Alex to lay face down on Garren's strong thighs. Alex realized what was going to happen, and he grew still and rigid. He'd be damned if he gave the bastard the pleasure of struggling and crying out.

Garren admired his little cat's sleek body and caressed the smooth, hairless flesh of the taut, round buttocks. He raised his hand, delivering the first blow to the ripe buttocks, smiling gently as Alex tensed but made not a sound. He knew better than to think he could make Alex count out the blows. His mate would rather be beaten to death than to show any sign of weakness or obedience... and as Garren had no intention of permanently harming Alex, he avoided setting up a power struggle that he was not prepared to win at Alex's expense. He paused to admire the flush of red on the tanned skin.

"How did you get a tan here, Alex?" He asked conversationally as he pinched the red flesh, hard.

"From the sun," Alex spit out.

Garren delivered the second blow, harder than the first, and Alex gave a small grunt.

"Sarcasm, my love, will not be tolerated."

Alex gasped in his breath, "I don't give a fuck what you will, or won't, tolerate!"

In quick succession, three more painful smacks were delivered to his muscular backside. Alex bit his lower lip to keep from making any sound. He wouldn't have believed that a spanking could hurt so much.

Garren was entranced by the crimson stain. "You are so beautiful, Alex." He trailed a finger down the deep crease and licked his lips hungrily as that digit found the tight, puckered flesh where in he longed to plunge. He wet his finger and using one hand to spread the tight cheeks he stroked the tight, pink flesh, gently and reverently.

"Do you want me yet, Alex?" Garren wanted his cat to writhe beneath him, in panting pleasure. He knew soon the spore would take effect and Alex would be begging to be stroked.

"Not ever!" Alex hissed, a flush of humiliation staining his pretty face. "I'll never want you!"

Garren smiled as his finger pushed in just the smallest bit. "Oh, I think you will."

"Not a chance!"

"Have you forgotten so quickly, the meadow and the pleasure I gave you? Have you forgotten how you begged for more, pretty cat?" Garren used a nail to scrape the tender flesh slowly, watching as it twitched in response.

Alex flushed and remained silent.

He slapped the taut flesh twice more before landing one blow to the tender flesh just beneath the round buttocks.

"Soon, little cat, you will need to be with me... no one else will be able to satisfy you the way you will come to crave. Only me. I have claimed you body and soul."

"No!" Alex was convinced that Garren was wrong... he wanted Garren to be wrong.

Garren raised his hand for one last smack and Alex remained stubbornly silent as the pain hit him, jerking his legs a small bit in reaction.

"That's all, Alex. No more pain. I know you are unused to such... education. Now for the rest. You tell me when you are ready for the pleasure." With that, he gently lifted Alex off his thighs and set him on the bed.

To Alex's surprise, Garren rose and went to the small bar, inset in the wall. He poured some more of the drugged water, to give his cat after the sex, and poured himself some fresh water. Alex was eyeing the door and glaring at Garren. Garren watched his beauty, entranced by the flush that was starting to come up on the whisker-roughened face. He would have to shave the pretty tomorrow, he decided. A moan came out of those pretty, pink lips and he smiled, drinking more water as Alex fought the inevitable.

Alex felt his body harden and throb, he could smell Garren across the room and he was so beautiful, so strong. He shook his head to clear it and ran his hands over his chest to pinch his own nipples. He closed his eyes so he wouldn't see the vision across the room, and his hips lifted and fell, as his legs spread.

Garren's body responded to his mate's arousal, and he growled. He shed his clothes and waited for Alex to beg him to satisfy him. He didn't have to wait long, as Alex writhed and begged Garren to take him.

"Oh please!"

"Please what, cat?"

"Please touch me... .oh God please t-touch me." Alex's greedy hands frantically stroked his torso, fingers dipped into his mouth to be sucked and licked.

"Say my name."

"Garren. Oh G-Garren."

"Are you mine?" Garren's voice was turning wild, as he struggled to control the change.

"Yours... please... please fuck me... eat me... hurt me... anything just touch me!"

Garren fell upon the muscular body and with little preparation he pushed Alex's legs up to his chest and plunged into his tight heat. He spent the next few minutes plunging in hard and fast, lapping at his mark on Alex's neck, and infecting him further. He then rolled on to his back and let Alex control the motion. He cupped Alex's ass, feeling the still hot flesh, and settled back to enjoy watching his spore work its pleasant magic.

After a hot twenty, pumping minutes, Alex experienced the most incredible orgasm of his life. He screamed and pumped himself on the thick cock. He tossed his head as the walls of the room melted away, revealing an eternal darkness. He wondered where the world had gone. There was nothingness; blackness so dark, that nothing lived there. There was only the radiance of Garren beneath him. He looked down at the unearthly beauty of Garren's face and rode the cock until his vision clouded and he fell to Garren's broad chest, kissing the hairless, gold skin dazedly. He was unconscious when Garren rolled him over and finished with his own pleasure, the hot fucking sounds like explosions in the lavish chamber.

When Alex came back to reality he really did feel like purring, so sated, so aching. He felt himself cuddled close to a massive body, and he stretched slowly as his ear lobe was nibbled gently, a hot tongue delving into his sensitive ear. He pushed back against that body, languidly, enjoying the hardness still inside him. Suddenly he pictured Fox doing the same thing in bed with Skinner, and he came back to himself with an angry cry. He pulled out of Garren's grip and rolled to the side of the bed, where he stood and backed away from Garren.

Garren sighed. Alex would take time to train, but he had all the time in the world. He rose and went to retrieve Alex's water.

"So, cat, we are back to fighting? Soon you will look back on this and wonder why you ever denied yourself such pleasure."

Alex said nothing, but his eyes spat jade fire.

"You will see how much I adore you... how I will protect you and love you, forever."

"I need protection from you!" Alex growled and tensed when Garren approached him. His body was so tired, he knew it was pointless to resist. At this point, his only hope was escape. He wondered if Fox had felt like that with Skinner, and yet some part of him knew it wasn't the case... that some part of Fox wanted to be with Skinner. He didn't want to explore that idea at the moment, however.

Garren frowned. He didn't like that kind of talk. Immediately he thought that Alex was wishing he were with the big, human ascendant. He pulled Alex's head back by the thick, sable locks and forced the water to those sex-swollen lips. He forced Alex to drink, all the while glowering jealously down at him.

Alex struggled to drink the drugged water and not drown, his eyes locked on Garren's enraged eyes.

When his reluctant mate had finished the water Garren scooped him up and threw him on the bed. He covered the lean body with his own and growled out, "You belong to me, Alex. No one will protect you from me... no one will touch you but me!"

Alex turned his head and lay still. He was shaking with anger himself. To be treated like some sort of rag-doll sex slave was nearly more than he could stand. He had not been helpless since he was a young teenager and the Consortium had begun his training. It was hard to swallow, hard to accept that he was so easily overpowered and helpless. He smelled the big man above him and despite himself he took in several hungry breaths... there was something so compelling about Garren. Unconsciously he tried to move his hips up to Garren's, but he was held still.

Garren deliberately held Alex down, not letting the stubborn man move an inch, to prove to Alex that he was no match, that his very movements were Garren's to control. He could scent Alex's renewed desire and smiled in satisfaction. The spore would work on his mate, until Alex would crave Garren's touch. He watched as, arousal or no, Alex slid into a drugged sleep again. He napped a bit himself, holding Alex close.

He roused himself a bit later, and quietly left the room. He was displeased to see several of his pack members lingering in the hall. They were no doubt attracted to the smell of his mate. At a dark look, they hurried away. He paused before closing the door. Alex's scent was so sweet and alluring. He knew that his pack members would not trespass, but there were others in the vicinity that might not respect Garren's claim. He couldn't stay and protect him, however, as he had to attend to the security of the estate. He had scented a strange smell drifting in from the window and he had to check it out, but he resolved to come and check on Alex as soon as possible.

xx

She waited, but still the male slept. It had been three hours since he had taken the second dose of sedatives. She had slid inside him and tried to wake him, but to no avail, the drug was strong. She slid back into him anyway and shared his dreams, wishing she could force sight in the eyes she opened, so she could see what he looked like in the mirror above, from his perspective. He dreamed of a lovely man, and she thrilled to the erotic turn of the dream; lush lips parted for this human's cock, sliding up and down while lovely hazel eyes stared up filled with love. Sensing the approach of the Ascendant, she slowly drifted up and out of the room to hover somewhere above the vast estate.

xx

Murdoch left the first floor and climbed the stairs to the third floor, where Garren's suite of rooms was located. The Others still had some human frailties and so they had to be allowed rest periods during the ceremony. The entire closing would take several days and would come close to killing the weakest of the group. In the end, they would all gain immeasurable power, but until then Murdoch would have to let them rest between the steps. He frowned, remembering Skinner's alertness as the rest of his brothers fell to the cold marble in exhaustion. Skinner had carefully settled down on the floor and closed his eyes calmly... more like a soldier who knew he had to rest when he could, than a man who needed rest. If he didn't need the man, Murdoch would gladly rip him apart for his trespass. He could sense already, Skinner drawing some of his brothers to him. There would be a balance to begin with, with neither having the advantage. However, Murdoch planned on capturing the majority of the changed humans and would use them as temptations to weaken what was quickly becoming Skinner's power base. He already had dozens held in cages in the basement. Garren had hand-picked the guards and ordered them to leave the humans be.

Going through the lushly furnished sitting room, Murdoch entered Garren's bedchamber for the first time. All thoughts of the ceremony fled as he stared at the pretty thief sprawled seductively on blood red satin. He knew Garren would be furious of his trespass, but he was unconcerned. Garren was busy with the security of the estate. It seemed that a group of humans, who were aware of the ramifications of the closing, had organized an impressive resistance. He had heard their death cries as the wolves had torn into their ranks. The humans had screamed out curses in an ancient tongue, and Murdoch knew that it was his ancient enemy, the Dorl, who had organized this attack. The Dorl had existed almost as long as had the Mediggo and were just as fervent, and just as capable of using the forces and entities from the other places.

However, Murdoch was certain that Garren was more than capable in organizing the wolves to defend the estate, even from this type of threat. The wolves themselves lost all strategic reasoning once changed, but would go happily to their death if Garren, but commanded them to do so. Such loyalty only the blood could buy. Garren had ruled the pack all his adult existence as his father had ruled before him. It was because of Garren's absolute rule over the wolves that he was so valued by Murdoch, why Murdoch had elevated the man above all others. And so, due to Garren's responsibility of defending the estate, it was with impunity that Murdoch approached the bed in which Krycek lay.

He sat on the edge of the bed and smelled the changed scent, that mingled with the heady smell of sex. None of his little Foxling-look-a-likes smelled so good, but of course, they had the advantage of resembling his sweet little prince. He stroked the sable hair of his competition, and ran a hand over the almost too-pretty face. He spent a moment stroking the pert nipples, which were so enticingly perched on the tight, rounded pectorals. He moved his other hand to cup and caress, roughly, the tender, male flesh resting between the strong thighs. The smell of musk hit his nostrils and he licked his lips. He wanted to bite this one, and make him scream in pain and passion. The torso was athletic; defined strands of muscle over the ribs and chest. Perfect. He willed the man awake and startling color peeked out from black curtains of lash. Once fully awake, Krycek stared intently at Murdoch. There was no fear in those eyes, only hate, and Murdoch smiled softly. That would change. Pain had a way of making even the strongest fear him. He slid his hand down the smooth column of Alex's throat, and he hissed in pain as his hand was grabbed. He could hear his bones breaking in the strong grip. He pulled his wounded hand away and glared at the rising beauty. "You have no idea what you are dealing with, assassin."

Alex stood and didn't show any of his surprise as Murdoch's hand visibly healed, the bones re-knitting with crunching speed, seeming to bubble under the dark skin. "I know what you are going to deal with. I don't know how, Murdoch, "Alex hissed, "But I'm going to kill you." He ached to kill him now, to break every bone in his body; however, his instincts bade him wait. A line from some Shakespeare play came to him, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Murdoch smiled. "I like you, Alex. I can't wait to get you in my sling. You will look so beautiful there... not so lovely as my Foxling, but beautiful all the same."

Alex kept his rage inside, repeating to himself that this was not the time. Murdoch... Skinner... all of them were... something different now. Murdoch looked different than the last time Alex had seen him. It had been several years since Alex had seen the man in person, but his position in society guaranteed his image being plastered everywhere. As well, as the ADIC of the Washington D.C., Murdoch had been very visible in the F.B.I. Always a big man, Murdoch now seemed larger, more feral. The Halloween glow in his black eyes promised revenge for his hand, but Alex didn't care.

Murdoch stalked over to the proud, unflinching killer and pulled the naked vision in to his strong embrace. The cat, Alex, didn't struggle, just stared with those slut eyes, and waited. Murdoch smiled, and that smile promised pain.

Murdoch cupped the hard, round buttocks in his hands and squeezed cruelly. "Did you like what Garren gave you? If I know him, then you begged for more. Or are you a top? You probably liked taking Fox's cherry right from under my nose, didn't you? Yes, you are a top. You probably don't like cock up your ass." Murdoch patted the expressionless face. "That's too bad. You'll just have to get used to it. I am going to ream you, pretty cat, and so will many others. You are a possession now, not an individual whose feelings matter. You are a plaything, a pleasure toy, a very valuable toy at that, but in the end nothing more. I may let my Fox keep you as a prize, if he pleases me." He pulled the tight cheeks of Alex's ass apart, lightly, slowly. A thoughtful smile bared his white teeth, "You may have pleased Garren too well though. He will not give you up so easily, will he?"

Alex studied the man before him, studied the way he breathed and the way his heart beat... whatever he was, he was alive. Alive meant that he could be killed. It was just a matter of finding out how. Alex smiled then, darkly, thinking of killing Murdoch.

Murdoch narrowed his eyes as the pretty cat smiled, that smile held such depth of emotion. He devoured Alex's pretty pink mouth and bit down cruelly, bringing blood swelling to he surface. Alex reacted instinctively to the pain and he struck out, the force of the quick blow sending the bigger man back a pace.

Murdoch struck out with his own strength, and Alex was surrounded by painful electricity.

"You will learn respect, thief!" Murdoch hissed

Alex cried out in pain and was slammed against the wall with a thud. He felt the fingers of electricity finding nerves with persistent fingers and when it became too much, he screamed.

"I am not one to toy with, pretty thief, pretty cat." Murdoch was getting hard as Alex writhed in pain. How lovely he was like this. He applied a bit more pressure and the cat screamed again, slut eyes wide with shock. Murdoch licked his lips and moaned, his cock was a rigid shaft of heat upon his belly as he stared down at the pretty toy.

Murdoch ended the torment, and Alex slumped to the floor, bonelessly. Those jade eyes were still defiant even in pain, and Murdoch knelt beside the golden form. He brought Alex's hand up to the hot bulge between his thighs and made Alex rub it. "There is more where that came from, pretty, if you don't obey me."

"Alex obeys me, master. I will be responsible for his training."

Murdoch turned to see the bloodied form of Garren. Those Siberian eyes were blazing with killing lust, and Murdoch knew that for the first time in centuries that killing lust was focused on him. It was past time to assert his authority.

"Why are you here? Did I not send you to defend this estate?" Murdoch released Alex's hand and stood slowly.

Garren went to his cat's side and bent to pick him up. Murdoch's voice stilled him.

"Do you abandon your position? Do you abandon me?"

Garren stopped and seemed surprised. "Neither, master. I only came to check on... "

"This whore? You leave my defense to check on a human toy?"

Garren flushed.

Murdoch gestured to Alex, who was rising on his own. "He is not your concern right now. Or is the attack ended, and the Dorl defeated?"

Garren shook his head, "The fight goes on. They are using some type of hunter to fight us. Even still, they will not be able to break through. There are only five hunters and more pack members arrive every hour to replenish the ones the hunter's kill."

Murdoch struck the big man across the face, his fury real for the first time. He struck Garren again and the sound filled the room. "You come to check on this male, and the Dorl uses hunters to fight us?"

Garren looked at his feet, ashamed that his master was disappointed. He wanted to explain. "We are learning their scent, master. When they take over one us, we are recognizing it quicker. They are able to kill less of us each time they jump from one wolf to another."

"I should kill this male now, for your disregard!" Murdoch began to pace about the room. Garren moved closer to Alex, for ashamed though he was, he would not let Murdoch kill Alex.

Murdoch felt the Others beginning to rouse and knew he had to get back to the Ceremony. "Get back down there Garren, and if you leave once more, I will have this thief as a sacrifice. And kill the human attackers, all of them. Once you kill the summoner, the hunters will return to their precious dreams."

Garren was reluctant to leave his cat alone with Murdoch. He could scent the pain smell on Alex and the lust smell on his master. He stared hard into the slitted, jade eyes and saw only unbroken defiance there. If his mate asked him, he would defy his master. If his mate gave any indication that he wanted protection, Garren would have to give it. However, the little cat remained unbroken. With a small growl, he made his way to the door. At the entranceway, he paused and turned to give his own warning. "If he is hurt, master, in any way, I would be most... most displeased."

"Then don't fail me," Murdoch snapped.

Once Garren was gone, he turned to Alex. "You are a troublesome man, Alex Krycek. Your name is on my lover's lips even as I make him scream for more, your body seals a deal with a much needed ally, and you threaten to turn my closest, must valued servant against me." He grabbed a handful of sable locks and tugged hard. "I will deal with you later... and I won't be as gentle with you as I was with the sweet Fox."

Alex spit in his face, and Murdoch nearly passed out from shocked rage. This... this infuriating cat would definitely learn the pleasure of the sling, and there he'd learn the futility of resistance and the price of defiant pride. Murdoch wiped the spit off his face and yanked back with the hand still entangled in the silky hair.

"I'll de-claw you yet, cat," Murdoch hissed. He had to attend to the Closing, or he'd string the infuriating man up right now. He released Alex's hair and stormed toward the door. A scent caught his attention and he narrowed his eyes, stopping. He looked inward to try and place that scent; like spiced pumpkin and sea spray. He clenched his fists again... it was the scent of the hunters. Garren had better hold them off. There were still at least five rituals to complete to seal the opening, and there was only one shot at it. If they failed to close it properly, it would implode, and thousands of years of work on this world would be wasted. If the Others were at full strength they could defend against the hunters easily, but all their energy was being focused on their task. Murdoch would just have to push them harder.

xx

Alex quickly tried the door, but it was predictably locked. He ignored the residual pain from the electric attack and hurried to find some way out of this room. The window was unlocked but there was a good thirty-foot drop, and no visible way to climb down. Alex smiled. Sloppy of these bastards to assume that the only way out was down. Alex looked up to see a massive Gargoyle just five feet above the window, and above that, the roof. A consistent flaw of Garren and Murdoch alike, that he had detected, was their repeated underestimation of those who opposed them. He spent precious time ripping the sheets into strips and weaving those strips into a short rope that he could use to secure himself to the gargoyle, while attempting to reach the roof. Once he was satisfied that the rope would hold his weight he searched for clothes to wear.

xx

She wondered what the pretty male was doing with the shiny sheets, and because he looked so lovely, she paused where she was, two feet above him. He moved gracefully and the muscles rippled fetchingly beneath his skin. She longed to touch it and so without any more delays, she sank into his frame and after one startled jerk of his magnificent body, she took over. She soothed his panicked thoughts as she walked to the mirror to admire him. She looked through his eyes, only they were more amber now than green and she ran his hands up over his small nipples and rounded pectorals. The skin was warm and smooth. She smiled and his pink lips moved slyly in an enticing manner. She touched them with a big, strong finger.

"Pretty," She said in his lovely voice.

She stared slyly at the human's reflection and felt a slight resistance as she moved his hands down his torso to hold the heavy weight of his sex. She felt the weight, the texture, and a moan of pleasure escaped her as she felt the human's response to such stimulation. She turned the body sideways and admired the curve of his spine and hard, round buttocks. She stroked the heavy organ to fullness as she moved one of his hands to delve between the tight cheeks. She wished someone would walk in, they would see the beautiful male pleasing himself, hips moving eagerly to his strong hand's rhythm, lips parted in pleasure. She was fully in control of his body, and feeling all the sensations therein, and she was not going to be denied her pleasure. She slid a finger to the tight hole and rubbed lightly, before bringing that finger to those pink lips to moisten it. Once sufficiently wet, and once she had her fill of watching the image of that pink mouth suckling his finger, she moved it back to the tight hole and pushed it in. She slowly added two more fingers and the pleasure was overwhelming. She faded away from his eyes, enough to let the bright green shine again and she licked those pretty lips slowly, lewdly.

She stopped the sensual play abruptly and moved his athletic body to the bed. She lay him down and looking up at his reflection she rubbed his chest, pinched his nipples, licked his lips and made him moan. She tossed his head and pumped his hips up to make the wet organ bounce and beg. Taking pity on the image and on her own desire, she began to stroke again. She used the male's own knowledge of his body to bring him the greatest pleasure, and he, dream-like, began to enjoy her ministrations. She parted his legs and pinched and twisted his nipples, hard, the way Alex liked it, digging his nails into the tight flesh.

"So pretty, so... so pretty. What a pretty picture." The voice was his, the words hers. She let the body writhe naturally in pleasure. She brought the hand up to those inviting lips and tasted the pre-cum. She felt him resist as she smiled and sucked on the wet finger. His hips, she kept thrusting so his plump organ moved enticingly. His legs spread wider and his strong fingers pinched and rolled his nipples harder and harder. "So hot. Feels good." She began to stroke the wet organ faster, setting the hips and fist in counter rhythm. The sight of the beautiful male in the mirror above pleasuring himself was almost as erotic as the sensations the body was feeling.

She allowed him to share in the orgasm that she felt rip through her. She trailed a finger through his hot sperm and traced it around his shuddering abdomen. She looked into amber, green eyes as she raised one finger to the pink mouth and tasted the sperm. She smeared the thick fluid all over the bed. She wanted Garren to scent it and assume that Murdoch had made Alex come... the rage the possessive pack leader would feel was the beginning of the division she was responsible for creating. To further this she squeezed the tight balls painfully with one hand while another scratched at the tender skin of his lower abdomen, drawing forth a trail of blood. The scent of blood and passion and pain would do just nicely for a beginning.

Once the human's heartbeat had slowed, she quickly dressed him in his own clothes and stole some shoes that were too big and followed through with his escape plans. His agility and strength pleased her as she maneuvered out the window and up to the gargoyle above. She hadn't thought to escape this way. She had assumed the human would not be able to survive the leap down, and so had planned to take him out the door and kill the guards as she met them. But the human's plan was superior, quieter. She loved the way he thought, so ordered, so calm. Even now, when he was pushed aside from control of his body, he was plotting how to regain it. He was eager to get far away from Sirius. He was like a snake coiled, ready to strike at the first opportunity. He resented her making him masturbate, but she didn't care. She had fun. That was what mattered. She wasn't here to help the human, nor was she here to make him happy, she was here because she had been summoned to cause a division and to reunite her current master with a friend. Her host kept thinking of the pretty man of his dreams, and she heard the name. Fox.

Once she had cleared the rooftop, she allowed the male to help plan the escape. She allowed him some control, but assured him silently that it was only in his best interests that he cooperate; that she was trying to help him escape, that she was sent by a friend. The human was still resentful but he settled, quickly, into the job of escape. She rode inside, feeling the way his blood ran through unclogged veins, how his heart pumped slowly even after all the physical exertion, how his muscles were loose and strong. He jumped from one roof level to another without making a sound and then ran, low and fast, over to the edge. He swung over the ledge using his arms to hold his weight as his feet swung down. He dropped into a crouch on the grass below, and she took over once more, completely ignoring his furious mental struggle, it was of no consequence.

Her sisters had prepared the way for her, and there was a clear path through the line of defense. She paused at one wolf's side and silently communicated with her sister, who controlled the wolf from inside. The wolf was expendable, and her sister made it pull its own heart out, to lay it beating on the cold ground. The hunter lifted from the dead, spasming body. The human was entranced by the colors, the sinuous form, like smoke as it drifted up. The sight of it, like a rainbow on fire, so vivid and the scent so sweet. Her sister sensed the male's appreciation and joined her inside the luscious body. The two hunters communicated, twining lovingly around each other to the beat and pulse of the living flesh they were in. They longed for the time they could all join together in sleep once more. There were eight of them in all, her sisters and herself. Five fought the wolves openly, taking over strong male wolves and killing the wolves around them using the wolf until it was slaughtered and then moving to the next wolf to use. Two more simply waited quietly perched inside the wolves who were removed from the fighting. They were waiting to ensure the package was delivered to the summoner.

Her sister slid out of the male and went to take control of another wolf. This male, this package was almost too distracting. The wolves could scent him. She dampened his scent until he smelled like the Earth, the sweet smell of fresh, wet soil, uninteresting to all the creatures from the other places. She was delivering this package, and what a lovely package it was. For her part she had no concern with who won this war, or really what became of this tasty male. She would do as her master bid and then return to dreams. She moved again and could hear the battle just beyond her and her lovely host. She stopped beyond the line of battle, and went to the old man who had conjured she and her sisters from their sleep.

Watery old eyes observed the male she had taken and she smiled. She used the male's language centers to reply to the unspoken question. "I... have... the male... the mate."

A whispery voice sounded, so quietly that she had trouble hearing with the human's ears.

"Take care of this one... he is important to our friend."

She rubbed the lovely body she controlled and she nodded, amber/green eyes flashed playfully. "Lovely, this one."

An old hand patted her/his arm. "Be kind, and gentle, and protect him... nothing will ruin our chances with our friend more than this one being harmed."

She sighed, even as the sharp presence of the human male inside tried to voice questions as to who this friend was.

The old man, her master for this moment, handed her/him a package and instructed. "Give this only to the one I indicated earlier."

She nodded and anxious for running in the night, she made the strong male stretch his legs out long and fast.

xx


10 miles South of Sirius Bunker
1:30 am

Fox had moved Scully to a more comfortable place. He had carried her to a soft chair that had an ottoman. He set her slight weight into the chair and pushed the ottoman flush to the chair and lifted her legs to fit to it. He checked her comfort and then plotted his best success at finding Alex. He couldn't stand it any longer. Scully was safe. If she weren't, he knew that Antonio, who seemed so enthralled by her, would never have left her. He felt a moment's pang that he was disobeying Skinner, and then he dismissed it. Alex was his life. He might hate him now, but Fox would not let Alex stay with the creature that had taken him.

He couldn't open the door. He breathed in a calming breath. "Langly?"

"Yeah?"

"How's that computer doing?"

"It bites! It is giving some very foreign info!" His face reflected the strange pink glow from the monitor. "But, at least it is working. I can access the base's database."

Mulder bit his lower lip, "Can you override the security of this door?"

Langly turned wide eyes to him. "You're going out?"

Byers hit Langly on the shoulder. "He needs to find Krycek!"

Langly flushed, still unused to the idea of his bud doing the nasty with another stud. "Uh, yeah... I can probably do that." He worked his Kung Fu, and a click sounded in the door. Mulder opened it quickly.

He took one last look at Scully and made to leave when the metallic sound of a clip being slid into a gun captured his attention. He turned to see Frohike examining one of three guns, two of which were attached in crisscrossed holsters over his barrel chest. Seemingly satisfied, he made his way toward Mulder.

"What do you think you are doing, Frohike?"

"Mulder, I am experienced in this... this search and rescue op. You might remember that I was involved in the very difficult campaign of getting Mrs. Scully here. I fought zombies and the lot. You need me. And frankly, buddy, you can't keep me from watching your back."

Mulder pouted, but the pout was a façade. He had no idea how to keep his friend in safety. "I'm not coming back until I find him, Frohike. I don't know if I'll even make it back."

Frohike sighed as if the weight of the world was upon him. "I told you, I've got it, Mulder, I'm all about watching your back!"

Mulder grimaced, but the door was open, and Alex was out there. He moved quickly, and Frohike followed him. Mulder looked to the other gunmen for support.

"You should take him, Mulder," Langly said. "He may not be Rambo, but he is an extra pair of hands."

Byers nodded. "I agree, Mulder. We will watch out for the women."

With one last measuring look at his friends, Mulder nodded his agreement.

xx

They had only made a few miles when Frohike asked. "Why are we going north? Wouldn't the Rat be south?"

Mulder shrugged, "I feel like going this way... I feel like Alex is this way."

Frohike sighed and patted his heavy guns.

Mulder heard the sound of rusting branches and was pleasantly surprised when three lovely, scantily clad women came walking toward he and Frohike. He grinned despite himself.

Frohike let out a gasp and muttered, "Hubba! Hubba!"

Mulder watched as the voluptuous women made their way slowly towards he and Frohike. He might be into men, but no one said he couldn't appreciate these lush figures. If he hadn't seen the gleam of long canines, he may have laid himself down to the pleasure those lovely forms promised. As it was, he grabbed the drool-stained Frohike by the ear and hissed, "Run!"

Frohike nodded wildly, "I hear you!" He gasped out and began to attempt to gallop, eagerly toward the women.

Mulder grabbed him hard and said, "No, Frohike! Away from them! They're vampires!"

Frohike almost didn't care, but he was propelled along away from the women who were, thankfully, still too young for flight and too weak for a chase.

They stopped running after Fox determined that they were not being followed. He was frowning and Frohike looked at him curiously. "What? What are you frowning about?

"The garlic fields should have kept those vampires away! I wonder if it needs to be ground up first."

Frohike nodded in agreement. "Probably. It must be the pulp, like the scent is released you know?" He stopped suddenly. "Uh man? Do you hear that? That rustling sound?"

Fox nodded, "It sounds like an animal in the brush over there!"

Frohike pursed his lips, "Right! It is probably a troll, with our luck!" He cried out as something broke from the brush. He had his gun out and shot three times before Mulder was able to stop him.

The small rabbit had frozen in its tracks as the bullets flew around it, and Frohike flushed. "Yeah, well, if it had been a troll I'd have gotten it!"

Mulder nodded. "A bigger target, right?"

"That is correct." The glint of moonlight on the glasses hid the fact that Frohike was darting his eyes about crazily, looking for any danger. The night seemed to be filled with a thousand exotic noises, and the trill of crickets and frogs made a dangerously, soothing sound to mask any hunter that prowled the night.

"Let's go," Mulder suggested, and they moved on.

xx

The human faltered and fell. Muscles that were easily equipped to run the necessary miles were stressed from earlier activities. The presence of drugs in his system and the electrical assault he had endured had weakened him. She made him rise and run again. He fell once more, and she had to expend quite a bit of energy to get him to rise once more. She felt the man's frustration with his failing physical strength. The spore from the wolf was still working its way into the body's cells, imprinting itself there, marking him. The hunter made him run again, glad that the heart was strong or the human would have failed already.

She sensed humans ahead and made for them... their scent was familiar... changed and sweet. She felt the surge of happiness well in her male at the sight of the two men. She recognized one as the man from her male's dreams the one with the beautiful lips wrapped sinfully around her male's large organ.

The two humans were still unaware of her presence. The smaller man was chattering nervously while the beauty listened with half an ear. She made Alex step closer to the mismatched pair, drawing their attention. The shorter, thick, little man whirled and pointed a gun in Alex's direction. She distinctly heard her male think, "Oh Shit! Not Frohike!" before she let his instincts take over, and he dove to the ground, as bullets hailed around his head.

xx

Fifteen minutes after the incident with the ominous bunny, Frohike once again drew his gun as something stumbled out of the darkness of a grove of trees. It lurched and weaved and he shouted, "Zombie!" Before letting loose with a deadly hail of bullets.

Mulder tackled Frohike with a horrified shout. "Stop! Frohike! It's Alex."

Frohike froze, and Mulder rolled off him and almost fell in his rush to get to Alex. He reached the supine from and slid to his knees. "Alex? Alex, are you hit?"

Her male wanted to touch this beauty, and fought against her with all his remaining strength, so he could do just that. She thought to be kind and let his hand touch the pretty, worried face above her. She slid a finger over the lush lips and was surprised when her male fought even harder to remove his hand. He wanted to touch the pretty, but didn't want her to, even if she used his own body.

Those lush lips covered her male's with a passionate love, and she opened Alex's mouth to return the hot kiss, tongue mating with the hot velvet of the pretty one's. Oh, how soft those lips were!

"Alex, I thought I lost you."

Frohike made his way to the two men and cleared his throat. "Uh, just like last time right, Krycek? You know that I didn't mean to shoot at you?"

She made the male start to rise. She almost couldn't. She turned those pretty eyes up to the male called Fox. "Help me. I... I need to rest." Alex thought of what he also needed and she added, in his sexy voice, "I need water."

Mulder helped Alex rise, and his heartbeat thudded with happiness and dread. Happiness to once again hold his lover close, and dread at the obvious abused state Alex was in. He wrapped Alex's arm over his shoulder and assured him. "I'll get you someplace safe, Alex, I promise."

Alex struggled to speak, and she allowed it for a moment, "You shouldn't be outside, baby... it's too dangerous. I need to get you inside where it is safe."

Fox pulled Alex along and snorted in disbelief, "Okay, Alex. If you want me to be inside, you have to help me get you there too, 'cause I am not leaving you out here."

She took over again and kissed those tempting lips. She looked forward to getting these two males alone. Alex raged at her plans, and she smiled softly, revealing perfect, white teeth.

Frohike took Alex's right arm and draped it over his own broad shoulders. At Mulder's possessive glare, he spat out, "Get over it, Mulder. I want Krycek inside and safe as much as you. He and I are like Vets... we have each other's back. Like back when he and I helped the lovely Dana Scully rescue her madre."

Mulder accepted his help and together the two half-carried, half-dragged Krycek back to the small cluster of buildings.

xx

The ancient creature flew silently above the three humans. The one it had marked as a mate was melded with a powerful hunter, and it wouldn't risk the creature taking control of his own body. It had been following the beautiful male for miles as the hunter moved it north. It craved the taste of the hot blood and the tight heat of its body as he entered it. The wolf was nowhere to be seen, and it just waited for the hunter to leave. When the male had been joined by two other changed humans, it had immediately focused on one. Such a lovely creature... dazed looking and so obviously enchanted by his little Alex. Those lips were worth a thousand lives and that body was made to be abused, brought to orgasm after orgasm. He would be hard pressed to choose between the two. He watched as his newest love helped his Alex to his feet. The hunter was still inside and would kill anything that approached he knew. Too bad the strong wolf wasn't there to destroy it, or at the very least distract it, but it was only a matter of time before the hunter moved on. The newest beauty looked so determined to get where he was going with the lovely Alex, but even in his determination, the pout of his lips and the vacant, dizzy stare made the old one want to feed and play all night. The smell coming from this beauty was so intoxicating that he wanted to risk swooping down and capturing him. Oh, that body would move so hotly as it was penetrated. It called to the beauty silently, and pretty hazel eyes looked up into the sky.

xx

Fox felt, suddenly, as if his skin was on fire and he felt an urge to let Frohike take Alex to safety and stand in the night, shed his clothes and let... ? Let what happen? He looked up into the sky and saw only the shadows of the looming trees. He thought that he saw something fluttery and large, melding with the shadows, and he squinted, trying to see better. A slight sound of leather sliding erotically over leather came from above, but nothing else. He heard a silent command to voice his name.

"Fox, Fox Mulder, " he said in a daze. Both Alex and Frohike looked at him, and their stare made him flush.

"Yeah, that's who you are, buddy, " Frohike said calmly, as he elbowed Alex slyly and rolled his eyes.

Alex seemed to grow rigid. "You? You are Mulder?"

Fox stared at Frohike in surprise and then to his lover. "Yeah, that's my name, baby."

Alex smiled then and said, "Oh, this is too good."

"What's that you got there, Krycek?" Frohike asked, gesturing toward the small leather package Alex held tightly.

"Something for this beauty... Fox... Mulder."

Fox kissed the top of Alex's sable head. 'Shh, baby. You can rest soon." All thoughts of letting Frohike take responsibility of Alex faded as he held his baby tighter.

xx

They made it to the small buildings and dragged a mostly unconscious Alex in. Fox directed Frohike to help him bring Alex to a small office where he found a large, plush couch. They laid Alex down, and Frohike left to go get Alex some water.

Fox felt sick at the state Alex was in. His lips were bloodied and bruised, and his jaw had a large blue mark. Green eyes stared tiredly at him. He bent and kissed those pink lips, gently. "I love you, Alex. I hope when you're rested, we can talk."

"That package... it is for you." She was becoming more confident in her speech.

Mulder looked at the package Alex had carried so tightly, which was now on the floor.

"Okay, Alex... I have it... just rest now."

Frohike returned with some water, and Fox held the cup to Alex's lips.

Alex drank thirstily and stared at Fox. "You really are beautiful."

Fox flushed and looked quickly at Frohike.

"I have seen dreams of you... I like the dream in which you suck this big cock."

Fox turned beet red and gasped, his eyes darting to his horrified friend.

"Do you like to do that?"

Fox stuttered and tried to breathe. "Alex!" He hissed.

"I should go... uh check out the guys' progress... uh... take care of... uh... Krycek."

After Frohike left, Fox patted Alex's pretty face, "You need to rest, Alex... you are... you are... you need to rest."

"Do you like sucking it?" The voice was inquisitive but tired.

Mulder was brick red now, the darkest flush flaming at his cheeks... she thought, how lovely he looked.

"You know I like it, Alex."

"Show me!"

"What?"

"Show me how much you like it." The male, Alex was fighting and cursing her, but she wanted to see those lips on the pretty cock she had pleasured earlier.

"I like it... a lot, you know I do! Is this because of Skinner? Alex, I don't know what happened with that... I know what it looked like, but... "

"I don't care about that... I want to know if you still want me."

Fox melted against Alex's muscular frame. "Oh, baby, you know I do!"

"Show me. I want to see you hard and naked." She felt her force shoved aside and very nearly displaced. Her little male was really possessive of this one, and it enraged him that she was dallying with Fox.

Fox pressed soft, lush lips to Alex's and then brought Alex's hand to his crotch where a plump erection was restrained by fabric.

"You do this to me, Alex!" The throaty whisper was so filled with love, and Alex fought anew to free himself.

Fox knelt beside the couch and placed his near Alex's crotch, on one hard, muscular thigh. "I think you should rest, baby." Lush, sinful lips caressed the pink sweetness of her male's own lips and then a husky whisper, hot on the same flesh. "I'd do anything for you, Alex... it's just... "

"Then let me see you suck it."

Wide, hazel eyes peered into his lover's eyes. "I'll do it. But... "

"You don't want to." She finished for him.

He flushed and he ran a hand through his hair. "I do... I... Alex? Why now? Please just rest, baby."

"I want to see it."

Fox stared for a moment in silence and caressed Alex face. He adored him so. He put a reluctant hand on the familiar bulge that was not even hard yet... reluctant only because Alex was so tired... so strange.

She could sense Fox's reluctance to do this, and so could Alex. She just wanted to see those lips wrapped around hard cock. She grew angry, as her male's cock remained quiescent. The struggle to keep her from doing as she willed with the beautiful creature before her, tired Alex. She felt Alex's exhaustion, and she had to let him fall into unconsciousness. She, too, was tired from the exertion of keeping Alex on his feet, but she was too interested in the pouty angel kneeling by the sleeping Alex. She was about to move into the Fox when she felt the summoner release her. She resisted leaving the two beauties for just a moment before when, with a sigh, she slid happily into dreams once more, regrettably leaving her pouty angel to his own devices.

Fox saw that Alex was soundly asleep, and he drew up to kiss the parted, pink lips. "I'll never let you leave me again... even if I have to knock you out... you hot-tempered fool." He kissed the wounds on the lovely face and stripped the shirt from Alex's relaxed body. He cursed at the wounds he found there... one large bite mark that was strangely green and puffy on Alex's neck. The nipples were chewed and pinched-looking. He held in his rage as he took off Alex's too big shoes. He put a small blanket over his lover's body and lay on the ground beside him, keeping a vigil. No one would get to Alex save through him. He vaguely wished that he could bring Scully in here as well to make sure she was safe, but he was content to be with Alex. He fell asleep with his last thought for Skinner. He had no idea what had happened between them, only that it had been so incredible and that he didn't want any harm to come to him. He could afford to be generous, now that his beautiful Alex was within stroking distance.

xx

Soft sounds awoke him and he tensed on the hard floor, spending a breathless minute thinking that Murdoch was waiting for him. He heard another soft whimper and he sat up quickly, realizing that the sounds were coming from Alex. He put a hand to Alex's face and gasped in pain as it was grabbed quickly. Green eyes met his in the room that was lit only by the light seeping in from the hallway. Mulder gasped in pain, and his hand was released.

"I'm sorry, baby... did I hurt you?" Alex's voice was tired and strained.

Fox slid up and knelt over his abused lover. "Not at all." His hand did throb and he knew he had been a second away from broken bones.

"Liar, I hurt you." Alex pulled Fox's hand up and inspected it. He kissed it gently. "I'm sorry, baby... I'm not myself right now."

Fox felt like he was in the Twighlight Zone. "Alex, I am more concerned with you, than my hand. Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it? How did you get back to me?"

Alex pulled Fox to him and breathed in the scent of the only thing that made him glad to be alive... Fox. The magnitude of what he had endured was hitting him. He couldn't protect himself from any of the creatures that had attacked him. "Oh God... I... I don't know how to do this. I... I... need... "

Fox moved behind Alex and wrapped his arms about Alex's muscular frame. "I've got you, baby."

Alex felt an unfamiliar emotion threaten to overwhelm him. He was upset, horrified, and insane with worry for Fox. If he couldn't protect himself... how could he protect the one thing that meant anything to him? How could he protect Fox?

"I was fifteen when they took me and started to train me, Fox."

Fox stilled, and held the beloved frame tighter.

"I... I went through some horrible scenes as the newest prize of... powerful men. I was taught to be a killer, Fox... and I was great at it. I liked it... I never thought about my targets, until I met you. Yeah, so I wasn't supposed to kill you, but I wasn't supposed to care for you either."

Fox kissed Alex's ear, "I don't think I was supposed to love you either."

Alex snuggled back against the welcomed warmth. "I had to survive... I never felt weak... I had them to thank for that... I was more than capable of taking care of myself... and those I loved."

"I saw that in my apartment... though you still could have used my help!"

Alex gave a strangled chuckle, "Yeah, you and your deadly mug."

Mulder wrapped a leg around Alex's thighs. "Do you realize that that was the last sane night we had?"

Alex nodded. "Yes. I am so sorry, baby."

"Me too."

"No! I should have been able to protect you."

"Bullshit! I am the one who is responsible! Besides, I am a trained agent, for the love of God! I am not a weakling! Don't get me started, Alex, can't I just hold you?"

Alex nodded, feeling so comforted by the familiar scent of Fox.

"I am not a helpless Pollyanna, Alex. I may not be as efficient in a fight as you are, but I am just as determined to protect you as you are me... did the wolf... did he... ?"

Alex tensed. "I'm fine, Fox. I can handle this."

Fox closed his eyes and was reminded, suddenly of Scully. How she would deny her weakness, her horror, until it would overwhelm her and she would throw herself into his arms, crying those rare tears, reserved only for him or her mother. "I can't."

Alex stiffened.

"I can't help you if you won't let me, Alex."

"Listen, Mulder... I'm fine. I've been through worse. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I may never have seen men who can come back from blows that would have killed any other. I may never have seen bones mend under the skin... never seen electricity come from a man's hands... maybe never been a plaything for a fucking wolf thing... man... whatever... but I can still take care of you... so don't fucking question it!"

Fox stroked Alex's ribs, "Is that what's bothering you? Your ability to protect me?"

"Fuck yeah, it is!"

"I want to protect you too. I'll do anything for you."

"It's not the same thing, Fox."

"Why not? Do you think you love me more than I love you?"

Suddenly Alex turned to face Fox. "What did you do with me? What did you do when I got here?"

Fox frowned, "What?"

"Did you... did you do anything to me... after I... I kinda fell asleep?"

Fox drew back angrily, "What the hell kind of question is that? Nothing, you fell asleep. And that was that!"

"Oh. Oh good. I mean, oh yeah. I didn't mean that you would have been taking advantage... I was worried about what I might have done. Really. Really, baby, I was... I don't know."

He turned to face Fox and pulled him close. He kissed the succulent lips softly. "I just wanted to know what happened, that's all." He cuddled Fox close and buried his face in Fox's neck, kissing the soft skin he found there.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"I have no idea what to say about Skinner."

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"I need to."

"Tough."

"Alex!"

"No."

"I'm sorry. You need to sleep, and I'm burdening you. I'll shut up."

Alex captured those puffy lips and kissed him gently.

"I love you, Fox. Does much else matter?"

A brilliant smile lit the most beautiful face Alex had ever seen. "No, I love you too, Alex. So much I don't know what I wouldn't do for you."

Alex gave his lover a tired smile and kissed him sweetly once more. "Just hold me while I sleep." He frowned at his own words... .they sounded so needy. But he realized he was needy... for this man only.

"I would love to." Fox snuggled even closer and the two fell asleep together just as the gunmen began to prepare for any fight that may come, with the vampires that Frohike had warned them of.

xx

Sirius
The Murdoch Family Estate
Final Closing
Ending

The Opening was but the size of a small house and shrinking faster with every breath of its offspring. Violent electrical storms brewed from it and streaks of lightening battered the humans and the true Ascendant. It spiraled and fed its offspring, feeding the strongest first and the weakest last, like any good mother in the wild, and then it died, leaving the darkness to be filled with distant points of light, a billion such points creating the semblance of order and normalcy. The pattern of these stars and faraway planets was a familiar face to a world now changed.

Skinner felt it now, the truth of his purpose. His eyes locked with his brothers, and he counted thirteen who were his allies. There were some weak, some strong. He screamed then as it happened, the final, the ending, the becoming. For a brief span of time, none were aware of their surroundings.

When dawn was becoming more of a promise, Skinner roused himself and found that Murdoch stood over him.

"You will pay for your thievery, Skinner. Fox is mine. You try and steal him, and I will destroy you."

Skinner stood and smiled slowly. "He is mine. He knows it already."

Murdoch wanted to strike him, but now was not the time. They had an eternity to struggle, and for Fox they had decades... maybe forever.

"You know it too, don't you Murdoch? You can sense that he has bonded with me, that he will cleave to me... even despite his love for Alex."

Murdoch smiled a bit. "I know only that he belongs to me. I have dozens of humans like him. Ripe, tight women, and lithe, muscular men. Take your pick... and give me my chosen one."

Skinner shook his head, "Never."

"Then I take him."

"You can try."

"Don't forget who is the master here."

"You aren't my master. You are my enemy."

"Then it begins." Murdoch looked at the Others as they stood shakily to watch the two powerful leaders.

"I am Ser'ak!" The tall, African man stood tall and proud. "I will not watch while my people are slaughtered for the pleasure of your beasts." He spat at the feet of Murdoch.

Murdoch smiled; it was beginning. The end of things was complete and now the Others would quadrant off the world, and the struggle would begin. He could flatten this impudent, African male, but it would be another time after they had all gone their separate ways.

Ser'ak gestured to Skinner. "I go to Africa to end my people's slaughter from the beasts this has unleashed, but I join my power to yours if you will but take it." The man's eyes were proud and filled with concern.

Skinner nodded. The ritual continued until they had all aligned. The alignment had nothing to do with nationality, and all to do with individualism. Each of his brothers had been born to the highest ranks of the Mediggo and had inherited the Earth. Skinner's thoughts were with his lovely Fox. He wanted so to change what had happened. Not that he had claimed Mulder as his own, the bonding would protect Fox... and Alex too once it happened, but how it happened. He wished Fox had come to him completely willing. Fantasies fulfilled aside... Fox had loved Alex to distraction. If Fox didn't love Alex... if what was happening had come before Alex had claimed Fox, then the point would be moot. Fox would have been more than eager... he had wanted Skinner for years. At the thought of the pretty assassin, Walter resolved to take him with him, or die trying. Whatever Mulder's feelings for him, he would never forgive Walter if he left Alex to be used by the beautiful wolf. So he stretched out with his feelings and glared. Alex was gone.

xx

Garren couldn't scent his mate as he entered the mansion. The closing of the opening was done, it ended the old ways and he could feel happiness for that, but the fact that he couldn't scent his mate drove all other thoughts from his mind. He raced with inhuman speed to his chambers. When he entered the room he smelled his mate's seed, his pain, and reluctance, and his blood. He strode to the semen-covered bed. He ran a finger through the long cold semen. He tasted it and could taste the vivid fear mingled with the lust. He ripped the large bed to shreds in moments. His master had done this. He had taken that which was only Garren's! The rule of the pack demanded that mates be protected at all costs, even to the death, to be kept to oneself in a lifetime of monogamy. Monogamy with wolves was set to benefit the alpha male. He could choose to share his mate, but the mate could not choose to share his or herself, whether the mate was human or wolf. The scent of his master's lust still lingered in the empty chamber. He howled in utter rage and changed.

xx

The Others stood for the last time as one unit, despite their differences and the inherent opposition, they were one... of the same blood, of the same power. Skinner was the first to hear the big wolf as it tore the doors off the ballroom entrance. As one, the Others kept the wolf out easily. It growled in frustration, vicious talons clicked against the wood of the frame.

Murdoch felt Garren's rage directed at him. "What is it, Garren?"

"You have taken my mate... where is he?"

Murdoch frowned. "Alex is gone?"

Garren could scent Murdoch's genuine surprise and confusion, and he growled in confusion himself. "He is gone, and not near. Someone else has pleasured him! He is my mate.. No one has the right to pleasure him save at my leave!" Blue eyes locked with ebony, and the look was clear. Garren believed that Murdoch had trespassed.

Murdoch narrowed his eyes. "If it were I who had pleasured the little whore, I would not mind you knowing, Garren. That he has fled, or has been stolen, is intolerable. Find him, but find him for me. He is mine, Garren. I have yet to decide who he will be gifted to."

Garren stared at him, believing somehow that Murdoch had not tampered with his mate, but that he completely ignored Garren's claim struck him.

"He is my mate." His voice was dangerously threatening, and yet Murdoch, used to centuries of obedience, ignored the warning there.

Murdoch stood quietly and then narrowed his eyes. "You are not free to decide that. You of the blood need take a female mate. It is required of you. Your line cannot die... the wolves would be leaderless. I forbid it."

Garren felt the fury of the change threaten to take him as if he were but an untried cub, the fury that led to the mindless slaughter to which his pack members so quickly succumbed. "I know what my responsibilities to the pack are. In those matters, you do not need worry. As for my mate, that is for me to choose. Not you."

"I am your master, you serve me."

Garren stood tall and shook his head. "I serve my mate, as is the way of the pack. If you do not respect that, or do not respect my claim, then I serve you no more." With those words, Garren turned and before Murdoch could protest, Garren was gone, hunting the night.

xx

The old man smiled at the news. The unholy alliance had finally been severed. Without the powerful pack leader, Murdoch would have to scramble for allies. The wolf pack, scattered over the globe and so powerful, had been his allies for all time. With Garren's defection, the pack around the world would become his enemy if but Garren desired it. Unfortunately, too, the whole of the pack would be determined to return the chosen mate to their leader.

Once what he had required of the hunters was completed, he pulled his people back to reach the collection of helicopters which they commanded into the air. They headed west to await the man that would become the hope for the world. Once he felt his people were safe from retribution, Baku released the hunters to their dreams. Only one resisted and even that one joined her sisters after one last moment.

Baku smiled to himself. Decades of planning had come to fruition this night. The child that he had saved from sacrifice had reached his potential, and the one that child loved beyond all others would be more amendable to Skinner, now that he had his lover back. That would strengthen Skinner. Baku looked out in the night. What arrogance of Murdoch, that he assumed the Dorl would really try to prevent the closing of the Opening. Baku, like his ancestors before him, knew that once started, the Opening would either close with proper ceremony or it would destroy the Earth in one crushing implosion. What arrogance to assume that the Dorl wouldn't know how to wound the Ascendant much more intimately. And this division between the powerful pack leader and Murdoch was just the beginning. Baku smiled. What would young Skinner say when he realized that his uncle, Walter Sr., was not only very much alive, but also the leader of the resistance? He knew that by now, Walter had realized his position and why he was in that position, but he doubted that Walter would know why he had escaped the knife of sacrifice, or who had saved him from it.

xx

Walter backed out of the room as Murdoch raged Garren's loss. He looked at Antonio at his side, and he said, "I am taking all of them West. Who you claim, you can claim from there."

Antonio nodded. "I am with you."

Skinner smiled. "I know you are. I can sense it."

Antonio nodded again. "We don't need transportation, do we?"

Skinner shook his head, "As long as where we go, someone wants us... needs us to be there."

With that, they both concentrated on the ones they had bonded with... and disappeared.

xx

"We need crushed garlic, men."

Langly and Byers looked at him with reserved confusion.

"Why?" Byers managed to ask.

"Have we known Mulder to lie to us?"

Langly shook his head violently.

"No, but what does that have to do with garlic?"

"Crushed garlic fights off vampires."

"And?" Langly asked.

"And we'll need it. There are vampires... oh God and they have bodies to die for. Bodies you want to slide in, and over and under... "

"Come back to us, Mel!" Byers patted his hair down.

"Okay, they're beautiful, seductive, but they are killers. We need to plan just in case they plan on trying to... violate us!"

Langly looked at him before he sneered, "You are out of your mind, man! Hot vampire chicks? Violating us? And we want to stop that, because... ?"

"If we even believed you," Byers sighed. "Okay, what are you suggesting?"

Mrs. Scully was sleeping on a chair near the delectable Dana, and Frohike lowered his voice in deference to the two. "We need to get some of those garlic plants out there and smoosh 'em up."

Langly shrugged. "Yeah? Okay, sounds cool."

Byers shook his head. "Fine. I'll go first."

Frohike laughed sarcastically. "I have to go with you... to be the shooter if need be." He pushed up his glasses and shook his head as he headed toward the door. "Amateurs."

xx

Fox and Alex were sound asleep, cuddled face to face. Their breathing was in tandem, and the heat that radiated from them warmed the two of them. Fox woke and stared into the wounded face of his lover. He kissed the bowed mouth gently with no intention of waking his abused lover. He tried to get up and go check on the others, but Alex whimpered in his sleep, and Fox immediately settled back and held Alex close. He knew then that the rest, beloved as they were, could fight their own battles... he wouldn't leave Alex if Alex needed him. He felt Alex settle down once more, and he stared into the darkness and let silent tears fall down his face as he imagined what had been done to his strong lover to reduce him to this. He resolved then and there to do anything... anything to keep Alex safe. He'd sell his soul, he'd go to Murdoch and spread himself wide, in order to keep that look of panic off Alex's face. He slid his arms tighter about Alex's narrow, muscled waist and kissed the salty neck. "I've got you, baby."

Alex sighed happily in his sleep and snuggled back, unconsciously against the comforting presence.

xx

Antonio appeared beside his sleeping love and immediately crouched near her and took one small hand to his mouth. He turned her palm to face his lips, and he kissed it softly. "Wake up, cara."

Cerulean eyes peered out of mascara-darkened lashes, and she immediately stood awkwardly, "I need to go to the restroom," she said quietly as she moved, slowly with unsure steps.

Antonio guided her to the restrooms and let her go in.

Skinner appeared at the side of the two closely-twined men. He touched Fox's face gently, not wanting to wake him. He stared at Alex and wondered how the man had found his way to Fox. The man must be better than he had given him credit for. He was reluctant to wake them but they had to move west. He was reaching to wake his Fox when the overpowering scent of garlic hit him.

The gunmen's return from their first foray into gathering garlic had been an utter success, as no vampires had leapt upon them. Though it was dawn, they had argued as to how bright light would have to be to dissuade vampires from attacking. Langly saw Antonio first, and he screamed and jumped back a pace before he recognized the man.

Antonio grinned at the alluring blond... strangely not attractive but ever so enticing.

"Oh! How did the mission go?" Byers asked nervously.

"We did what we had to do, and now we go west to California to start over."

Dana exited the restrooms and she rested her head on Antonio's chest, still groggy from her long slumber. Antonio patted her shoulder and told the gunmen to get ready to leave.

xx

Skinner realized why the gunmen smelled the way they did by listening to their thoughts. He had to shake his head at their oddness. He shook Mulder awake and those beautiful eyes widened, and a small smile slid itself over the full lips.

"You made it okay! Oh, Sir, I am so glad."

Walter nodded to Alex. "Wake him. We need to leave, quickly. Murdoch will be coming for you, and the wolf Garren, will be coming for Alex."

Fox came fully awake and sat up. Skinner looked... different... the morning light illuminated him and he had never looked more attractive. Mulder flushed as he pictured being in those large arms and feeling that enormous organ inside him. He flushed darker, when the big grin on Skinner's face showed that he knew exactly what Mulder was thinking. He turned to see the sleeping face of his lover, and he smiled gently. The old Alex would have awakened first and been furious that someone was waking them. Fox's grin faded as he realized why Alex was so exhausted.

"Wake him. He can rest as we travel west." Skinner looked tired too, Mulder noted, and he gently shook Alex awake.

Green eyes peeked out from black, and Mulder couldn't resist stealing a kiss. Alex chuckled and opened his mouth, lashing at Mulder's lips with his tongue. "Good morning to you, too, baby," Alex smiled into the kiss.

"Very nice, Krycek... now get up, get cleaned up and meet us outside," Skinner's bark startled Alex and he jumped up, knocking Mulder back with a small cry. Mulder plopped on the floor with a disgruntled look, and Krycek spared him an apologetic look.

"What are you doing here?" Alex hissed.

"Don't argue, don't ask questions just do what I say! Or do you want to return to Garren?" Skinner's dark gaze held the younger man's until Alex looked away. He gave a satisfied nod and pointed a finger at Mulder. "Fox, you make sure he cleans up first. And don't linger! They will be coming soon." With that, the big man thundered out of the room and began to order the rest of the group about, with a thundering, no-nonsense voice.

Alex realized why Skinner was insisting he clean, and he felt a moment's appreciation for Skinner's thoughtfulness. He still had days of abuse to wash off, and he was beginning to smell horribly. He held a hand out to Fox and lifted him up. Fox hugged him tight.

"You do need to clean up, Alex."

Alex couldn't resist a grin, "Why? Are you saying I smell?"

Fox nibbled on Alex's ear, "Let's just say, you don't smell sweet."

"You do." Alex's body was responding to Fox's nearness, and he pulled back to capture those full lips in one hot, lingering kiss. He growled hungrily as Fox made small whimpering noises of pleasure, and he pushed Fox back toward the couch.

Fox broke the kiss and resisted the movement toward the couch. "No, c'mon, Alex, we need to get you cleaned up and get the hell out of here!"

Alex groaned and tried to push the image of Fox's legs over his shoulders away, "Fine," he grouched. He released Fox and made his way to the small men's bathroom. Fox followed him and turned on the hot water in the sink. "Don't ask me why the stuff in this building is working, why there is hot water... I think Skinner fixed it so we would have what we needed."

Alex gritted his teeth. That Skinner was able to do these things angered him... that Alex had to accept that the world was different and that people like Skinner, like the other men in Murdoch's estate were powerful.

Mulder saw the dark look on Alex's face, and he wet a towel with hot water and began to wash Alex's chest. "I know you don't want to be around Skinner, but we have no choice. He can protect us, Alex. I know that sounds primeval, but it is true. The wolves attacked... after you were taken, and Skinner killed them without raising a hand... he is changed somehow... much more than I think he even suspects."

Alex removed his pants and kicked them to the corner. "Are there any other clothes around this place?"

Mulder sighed; Alex was so stubborn. He turned and left the room in search of clean garments. When he returned Alex had his head in the sink and was washing his hair. His nude body was so utterly perfect that Mulder groaned. The muscles were defined in every way, on every inch. He would have a hard time protecting Alex... he was too tempting.

Alex turned his head and smiled as Mulder approached with clean clothes. The water streaming through his black hair felt almost sexual. "If you have a razor there, I'll love you."

Mulder smiled and held up a pilfered razor. "Finally, you'll love me!"

"Bring it here, brat," Alex growled, and Mulder set the clean clothes aside and handed Alex the razor. Alex dried his hair with one hand while he drew Fox to him with the other. He kissed Fox softly, reverently. "I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier. It's just hard for me to have to depend on someone else to protect me."

Fox nodded. "I understand... well, maybe not exactly how you feel, but enough I think."

Alex released Fox with a sigh. And turned to the task of shaving.

Walter entered the bathroom and was stopped cold by the pretty sight. Fox was perched on a counter talking to Alex, who was shaving... utterly naked. His eyes took in that form. He felt the ache of lust hit his body, and his cock twitched hungrily. Fox was glaring at him; Alex turned, looked at him for a second and then went back to shaving.

"Walter... can Alex have some privacy?" Mulder's voice was tight as he jumped off the counter and wrapped a towel around Alex's waist.

"Two minutes, you two. And then I come in and drag you off to the helicopter."

"I thought, that is... where did you find another helicopter?" Mulder asked as he tucked the towel snugly. Alex looked at his busy hands in amusement.

"This is a military installation, Fox."

"Don't call him, Fox," Alex growled darkly, possessively.

Walter grinned, "Ninety seconds, Alex, and I will call him anything I please. He belongs to me, as do you." With that, Skinner left his two beauties alone.

Fox said nothing but tightened the towel about Alex's waist even tighter, in his frustrated anger.

Alex placed a restraining hand on Fox's. "Baby, this is a towel, not a corset."

Fox flushed and stepped back. "He means it about the time. You better get dressed. He already got enough of an eyeful."

Fox suddenly remembered the package Alex had brought with him. He hurried to collect it from the office he and Alex had slept in.

Alex quickly dressed. He met Fox in the hallway leading to the outside door, with one last, tender kiss they joined the rest of their group. The helicopter was a large army vehicle, and the group easily fit in it. Two large baskets of food were set casually on the floor, and Alex didn't even bother asking how it got there... O great and powerful, Skinner, no doubt. Fox set down a small leather bag near the food, and Alex remembered it as the one he had been given by the old man to bring to Fox. There the package stayed forgotten, even after the group arrived at their destination. He let Fox draw him into an embrace, and he yawned, despite having slept the night through.

"Rest, Alex," Fox soothed.

"I'm not tired!" Alex insisted as he stifled another yawn.

"Sleep, Alex," Walter commanded.

Fox bristled, at Walter's predatory tone. His eyes met Skinner's, and he pulled Alex tighter to him.

Alex couldn't stay awake. He reached a hand to the small sore on his neck, the one he'd seen in the mirror. It had been slightly green and when he touched it a sharp pain made him draw away. He touched it again, and the pain was like a dull ache. He felt his cock harden. He thought of Garren then, and for a moment he was confused as to why he had left him. The sex was amazing: the big body, the hard, wet cock, the mouth that devoured him. He moaned and stroked the wound again. He soon fell asleep, dreaming of running from a pack of wolves, and when they caught him, he was hard and erect... it was a dream that he would become quite familiar with.

xx

Lone Beach
Fort Bragg, California
11:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time

The gunmen, the Scully's, and Antonio had all gone into the town to check out the population and to find supplies. As they had traveled west the effect of the Opening lessened to some small degree. They saw more people and less creatures but Skinner knew that would change. He stood looking at the Pacific as it lashed tirelessly at the rocky beach. It was wilder, than its sister on the East. The cold water capped and swelled and large waves formed far out and rolled in like living creatures. Mulder stood nearby, waiting to talk to him, and Alex, of course, stood at Mulder's side. He breathed in the scent of the ocean and the smell of the pine forest behind him. The tidal pools were filled with teeming life, and he could hear it above the crash of the waves. The huge, sheltering cliffs to the right loomed over the pygmy forest. Hundred year old trees, perfectly formed, at one foot in height. He wanted to lose himself in this moment. He didn't want to have to face the two men that he was about to claim. They would resist, and he would not accept their refusal. He knew how to make them agree. They would each submit for the other. For Fox, Alex would do anything, and Fox likewise would do anything for Alex. He had already begun his claiming with Fox, and he knew that the beautiful man would not struggle when it came to the sex, as much as he would balk at sharing Alex.

Mulder was lulled by the raw beauty of this place. It was as if humans had never existed, here. He knew it had looked the same for centuries and would look the same for centuries to come. The constant crash of water lashing at the rocks, nearly deafened him until Skinner had moved further down the beach where the water had less rocks to battle. He waited for the big man to acknowledge his presence. It was past time that they discussed what was to come. He knew that their old roles had ended just as surely as the world as he knew it had ended. Even here, three thousand miles away from Murdoch, he felt the pull of the man. He felt sure that Murdoch would cross any distance to take him. And though he was afraid for himself, he was even more frightened for Alex. Alex has regained his confidence once he had slept enough, but Fox didn't want anything like that to be repeated. Skinner could protect them. And Skinner wanted him. If that was the price for protecting Alex, then he would go to the man without hesitation. He was honest enough to admit, too, that the idea of making love with Skinner again was tempting. That big body, that enormous cock...

Skinner sensed Mulder's growing arousal, and smiled. Alex would be that way too, once he had been claimed. As it was, Alex was bonding with Garren, somehow, even now. Skinner knew that he would have to claim Alex soon. He couldn't imagine Alex leaving Mulder behind, but already the man's thoughts were with Garren, on returning to him. It would all end fine he knew. He could see it clearly now. He would take Alex first. And then Fox. Then to bind them all together he would let them pleasure each other while he watched. He turned and looked for a moment in Fox's forest eyes. He saw his acquiescence. He walked to the man who held his heart and kissed the soft lips, hearing a hiss of anger come from the assassin. "You know the price of his protection?"

Mulder nodded and opened his mouth to Skinner's tongue.

"Fox!" Alex growled dangerously, seconds away from pulling Fox away from Skinner.

Skinner lapped once more at the sweet mouth and turned to Alex. "Do you want him to be safe?"

Alex turned red with fury. "Yes!" he spat out.

"Then get used to this," Skinner growled and cupped one of Fox's full ass cheeks. "And get used to more."

Alex spun about. He might have to accept it but he sure as shit wasn't going to watch it.

"He does it for your protection." Skinner's words stopped Alex. There was something not said.

"And I accept it, for his," he hissed without turning.

He jerked when he was pulled back into Skinner's strong embrace. "No, Alex, you give the same for his protection as he gives for yours." Skinner's voice was hot and humid on Alex's skin.

"No!" Mulder protested.

Skinner chuckled, "Oh, how interesting, aye assassin? He is ready to spread himself wide and offer that beautiful body for your protection, but you aren't willing to do the same for him!"

Alex spun to face the big man, and he glared. "I would do anything for him, Skinner," he spat.

"Prove it. Kiss me now, and convince me you mean it," Walter taunted.

Alex hesitated only a moment before he devoured Skinner's mouth with angry passion. His body was unconsciously programmed to respond to domination.

Seeing his lover kissing Skinner so passionately hurt Mulder, and he looked away. When he heard the small sound of passion issue forth from Alex, he clenched his fists. There was nothing to be done about it, Skinner would have his little harem, but that didn't mean Mulder had to like it. He glanced over at the now engrossed duo, and he felt jealous... but it was a jealousy for them both he realized.

Abruptly, Skinner released a breathless, Krycek and turned to look at Mulder. "You two discuss it together. I will not force it, nor will I ever force it. But I will demand it as payment for my protection... so you can view that as you will. But if you come to me, be prepared to become mine... both of you... in every way. No protests, no reservations, and no shame. You won't be my slaves, as I know you are both aware by now, that you would be to the millions of creatures that would kill to own you. You will be my lovers, and I will cherish you both. But, that is a decision you will both have to make." As Skinner strode off he wondered if he were lying. Would he let Mulder go... let Alex go? Could he if they chose to leave? He didn't want to think about it. It was enough to know that they believed he would.

Alex pulled Fox into his embrace and kissed him. They stared into each others eyes for a minute before sinking to the sand to sit side by side. They didn't need words. They knew what decision would be made, and both preferred to be together than apart... and too, if they were honest with themselves, they preferred to be controlled by Skinner than by any other. Mulder snuggled in close to Alex and breathed in his fresh scent. Alex kissed the top of Mulder's head and squeezed him tight, content for now just to feel that beautiful body in his arms.

"I love you, Alex," Mulder's voice was serious and near satiated.

"I love you more, baby," Alex purred, and they both fell silent again, just rubbing cheeks together from time to time and moving to get closer.

Whatever happened to them after this moment, they couldn't control, and was for the moment, irrelevant. Mulder watched the sea and Alex watched the sky, both with their thoughts far away, and both entirely comfortable as the snuggled together in the warm sun and the cooling sea spray. It was enough.

End of The Changing

xx

Book II: The Alliance
uvalley@msn.com

07/26/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: Probably, but do you care?
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe in which Mulder is the object of more than one fantasy and some men will go to any lengths to get what they want. This is the beginning of a continuing story.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money... wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you. uvalley@msn.com
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for beta (and reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, but mostly near her home) Thanks to JoB and Cerulean for their beta and delicious ideas... keep 'em coming love. Amothea, thanks for catching my oddest mistakes!!

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]