Go to notes and disclaimers


The Alliance
by Czara (Nicole)

Chapter Seven
Allies


Salmon Falls, CA
West of Santa Rosa
Day Nineteen
Hour 1300

"So, what are you looking at, Krycek?" Frohike asked as he approached the younger man. The group had left Fort Bragg two days previous, not in a convoy of cars, but in the same helicopter that they had arrived in. The change had been last minute as everyone but Krycek had protested the use of cars. Skinner had pulled Krycek aside and the conference between the two had ended with Skinner announcing that they would stop for at least one night before reaching San Francisco. His face had brooked no disagreement, though no one had understood why there was a need to stop at all. Antonio had simply sighed, taken a car to collect the helicopter and returned with it. They had stopped for the second night not too long ago.

Langly was a bit miffed that he had been unable to gather his belongings, but Byers had simply pointed out that he could easily acquire replacements.

Now after Antonio had gone again for gear and a second, makeshift camp had been set up, Frohike found Krycek sitting on a large rock, away from camp, staring north, from where they'd come. He repeated his question.

Krycek gave him an inscrutable look and raised a brow. "Nothing," he said quietly in response.

Frohike shrugged. "Okay. I just thought you'd want to know that Mulder is looking for you." He ran a hand over the top of his head, moving back a bit as Krycek hopped off the rock immediately.

"Why are we stopping anyway, Krycek?" he asked.

"Because I wanted to have a few nights with Mulder before we set up house in San Francisco." To Alex's own ears the reason sounded silly, he could spend time alone with Mulder anywhere. However, it had been what he demanded of Skinner and though things were going wonderfully with Mulder, he didn't want to admit that his demand was unnecessary.

"Oh... okay. Well, he's looking for you. I told him I'd find you for him... as I thought I would be the best to do it." At Alex's questioning look Frohike shrugged. "Just thought about where I would go if I wanted some down time, and voila."

Krycek slapped Frohike on the shoulder and grinned. "God job, Frohike."

Frohike beamed and puffed up, about to launch into a more detailed analysis of his search for Alex, but Alex just walked away, the little man trailing behind him.

"So I was thinking I could use a little brush-up on my aim. I know I miss some of what I shoot at..."

"Thank God," Alex muttered.

"Yes, well, I didn't mean to shoot at you!" Frohike assured him. "But, with a few hours of honing my craft, I think I could really be a gunman."

"You want me to teach you how to shoot?" Alex's face showed his shock.

"Well, sure. We're compadres aren't we? Aren't we?"

Alex frowned a bit then nodded. "Yeah, I guess we are. Look, when we get settled down... wherever the hell Skinner lets us, then we work on your aim."

Frohike grinned. "And maybe some chop chop killer moves, too?"

Krycek leveled a stare on the little man, "Don't push it, Frohike."

Frohike grinned, knowing that Krycek wasn't really irritated.

When they approached the camp Skinner grinned at Krycek coming over and running a hand through Krycek's hair. "There you are, Alex. Fox has been looking for you. Where were you?" Skinner stroked Alex's face, his big fingers tracing the high cheekbones gently.

Alex shrugged, not entirely uncomfortable with the big hand on his face. "Just thinking," he mumbled. "Where is he?"

Skinner sighed. He wanted to kiss Alex's pink lips, but the man was stubborn. He could force the issue, easily, but after how quickly Fox had fallen into Alex's arms he knew he didn't have long to wait. "He went to the river." He pointed in the direction of the small river that they had camped near.

Krycek turned to leave but he stopped for a moment and without looking back at Skinner he said in a gruff voice, "Thank you."

Before Skinner could react to that, Krycek was gone. He smiled and shook his head. His assassin was surely an interesting mix of fury and softness. The grudging thank you was not for telling him where Mulder had wandered, Skinner knew, but for bowing to Alex's demands of more time alone with him. Though it was a little thing, Skinner wondered how long he could go without tasting one or both of them again. He too was changed and he needed sex nearly as much as the sweet fruit he had collected.

xx

Alex found Mulder sitting on the bank of the little river, tossing rocks in and wearing one of his vacant looks, chewing on his lower lip.

"Hey you," he breathed as he slid down beside Fox.

Fox jumped a bit and smiled. "You shouldn't sneak up on me like that. You sure are quiet."

Alex kissed the side of Mulder's mouth, tonguing the tiny crack where the lush bottom lip met the bowed upper lip. "Yeah, I know, you told me once that you wanted to put a bell on me."

Mulder grinned, "I did?"

"Mmm hmmm, but I said I liked startling you."

Mulder ran a hand over Alex's thigh, reveling in the hard muscle. "I bet you did. You are a bad boy, I think."

Krycek chuckled and scraped his teeth on Mulder's jaw. "Very bad."

Mulder shook his head, amused. "I..."

"Shut up and kiss me," Krycek purred and was pleasantly surprised when Mulder turned quickly and opened his mouth over his own.

They kissed slowly at first, their lips barely touching, their tongues mating between their lips, exposed and hungry. Mulder grabbed the back of Krycek's head and pulled him in tight, devouring him with sudden intensity. They both moaned as the kiss caught fire and Mulder pushed Krycek down into the soft dirt.

He pulled away enough to stare down at Alex's beautiful face. "God, Alex, I could stare at you forever."

"I hope you don't," Alex grinned. "There are a few things I'd rather you be interested in."

Mulder kissed the tip of Alex's nose. "Oh, believe me, I am interested in every bit of you." He emphasized his point by stroking one hand down Alex's belly to the juncture of his thighs. He rubbed the heel of his palm over the bulge trapped by denim. He nipped at Alex's chin. "I can't even think about what I was going to ask you, all I want is to take your clothes off and make you scream." He rubbed his hips into Alex's, showing his gentle lover exactly what he wanted to do to him with every rolling thrust of his body.

Alex had the same idea, he couldn't think of anything he'd rather do then make Fox scream.

"I want to be inside you, Alex... my sweet angel. God you're so beautiful," Fox moaned, nipping at Alex's lips. He stared into Alex's eyes, thrilling to the heat there. Some dangerous sparkle glittered in those black lashed orbs that seemed so out of place for his angel. "So very beautiful."

Alex had other plans. When Fox bent again to capture his lips he shifted above him and with a small grin at Fox's surprised look, he rolled Fox under him and captured his full lips hungrily. He pressed one thigh between Fox's and spread his long legs with one sure movement.

"I am going to make you scream, Fox," he growled.

Fox was gasping, more than a little surprised at the quickness with which Alex had reversed their positions. And that the young man would take a dominant position. He grinned, "Is my little angel getting frisky?" he teased.

"I'll show you how angelic I can be, baby," Alex promised, his voice a dark purr. "When I'm so deep inside you, you can't even breathe then tell me how angelic I am." He pushed up at Fox's shirt, growing impatient and ripping at the fabric. When Fox's chest was revealed he sat back in shock, staring at the pierced nipples with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"What? What is it?" Fox complained. He raised a hand to Alex's face and found his hand grabbed and held tight.

"When the fuck did you get your nipples pierced?" He was desperately trying to resist dragging Fox up and shaking him. He had the image of Skinner and Fox, alone on one of the stolen nights and Skinner marking Fox as his.

Fox stared up at his suddenly fanged angel in utter surprise. Alex looked almost like he wanted to kill someone. His eyes were narrowed and burning, his lips a thin line, compressed tightly. There was a muscle flexing beneath the skin of his jaw and his grip was tightening on Fox's wrist.

"Hey, guys..." Frohike started before stopping abruptly at the obviously intimate moment. "Oh, sorry."

"Get out of here, right now," Alex hissed.

"Hey, you don't have to talk to him like that," Fox snapped pulling his wrist free.

Alex glared at him. "Fox!"

Frohike narrowed his eyes, realizing suddenly that there was a problem. He hated to go against Krycek. Of course most of that was simple fear of the man, but also because they were becoming so tight. But, Mulder was one of his own. "Mulder? Are you all right?"

Krycek threw Frohike a deadly glare and the little man trembled.

"Get out of here right now, Frohike," Alex repeated, his voice falling to a whisper.

Frohike held his ground, swallowing audibly. "I can't do that, Krycek. No... not if Mulder... not if Mulder needs me."

Mulder shook his head. "It's okay, Frohike. I think this is something I can handle on my own."

"You don't remember..." Frohike began.

"You are pushing it, Frohike," Alex whispered.

"Go on, Frohike," Mulder said calmly. He watched as the little man gave Alex one last look, a threatening look, before he turned and left, slowly.

Fox gave Alex a confused look and reached once more to touch Alex's face, but Alex moved his face out of the way with an angry sound.

"Skinner said you'd hate them, Alex, but you're acting like a child," Fox said with a bit of irritation. He tried to sit up but Alex pushed him down, both hands on his shoulders.

"So you two talked about what I'd think? And you still thought it would be fun to do it?" He stood up abruptly. "You know, he has some fucking nerve to tell me I can't even let Garren touch me." He ran a hand through his hair, wanting to hit something and unable to hit Fox.

Fox sat up with narrowed eyes. "That's bothering you isn't it? Not being with Garren."

Alex missed the dangerous note in Fox's voice and he sneered. "He wants the best of everything. He wants to own you completely and keep good old Alex at his beck and call... with the promise of a little Fox ass to keep him happy."

Mulder flushed angrily and stood. "And what do you want?" He knew without Alex saying a word that Alex wanted Garren. "You're more pissed about not being able to be with Garren than anything else aren't you, Krycek?"

Krycek gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. "You don't want to push me right now, Fox. I know you didn't remember me when you had your little bonding ceremony with Skinner..."

"I asked you a question, Krycek. It bothers you that you can't be with Garren. You told me yourself that he doesn't have to take anything from you anymore. Because you want him."

"Stop fucking changing the subject, Fox. Yeah, I fucking want him. Okay? Happy? How does it feel? How does it fucking feel? You want Skinner so fucking badly... well I want Garren." He flushed at the words... knowing them to be true, but knew he had said them more to hurt Fox than anything else. Knowing that Fox couldn't help not remembering him didn't stop it from hurting Alex. He remembered little things about everyone else. Just nothing about the man he supposedly loved.

Fox stared at Alex for a few seconds before he responded. "How does it feel? It hurts. But then I suppose that was the point."

Alex flushed a bit, "I'm... I don't want to hurt you, Fox," he paused, knowing that he had for a moment wanted Fox to hurt just a little. "But I'm standing here in front of you, the man I love and you're wearing marks from a man who takes what he wants... makes us both play the whore so we can be safe... maybe. You stand there not remembering me at all, but you smile at Skinner like you want to eat him alive. You're hurt that I want Garren? You're hurt that I might be wondering where he is, if he will come back to me? I don't want you to hurt, Fox. But can't you see that I'm hurting, too?"

Fox lowered his eyes and walked a few feet from Alex, staring at the cool, dark soil by the bank of the river. He didn't understand why it hurt so badly to hear that Alex wanted Garren, but it did. It felt like his heart had been torn from his chest and callously stomped.

Alex wanted to follow him, but dammit, he had been a wimp for so long. Loving Fox so much was making him crazy. He felt like he was drowning. For so long he had relied on himself and himself alone, caring about no one. Then Fox Mulder had come along and suddenly he was letting himself get hit around and bowled over. He'd even begun to want to help Mulder in his quest. And then... then they had made love and he'd lost himself entirely. How could he even look at Skinner without killing him... or at least trying to, knowing that he'd dared to do something so personal to Fox. Knowing that Skinner was staking a claim when Fox was out of his mind. He shouldn't have taken it out on Fox, but it was true, Fox did want Skinner. And Alex was anything but happy about that. He threw off the niggling guilt that informed him that he had been as willing as could be to be with Skinner himself.

Fox turned finally. "Skinner told you not to be with Garren?"

Alex frowned. Not understanding why Fox would ask him that. Not liking the way his lover's voice had no emotion in it. "Yes, but, Fox, baby, that isn't important. What is, is that he feels free to command me... us. That he would take advantage of you when you didn't even know you weren't his."

"And whose am I? Yours?"

Alex did go to Fox then, his anger dying at the sorrow there on Fox's beautiful face. "Yes, oh God, baby, I know I have a crazy temper when you're concerned. I know it wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have taken it..."

"I'll talk to him," Fox said quietly, moving his face away from Alex's hand.

"What? What do you mean?" Alex followed Fox's face with his hand, touching the cool skin over his jaw.

"To Skinner about Garren," Fox said in an emotionless voice.

"No, Fox. Please, that's not what this is about. Shit." Alex wanted to kick himself for the distance between he and Fox, a distance not there just moments ago.

"Skinner didn't do this, you know. I don't know why you thought he did, but he didn't. It was another gift from Mikhail." He stared in to Alex's suddenly wide eyes. "A nice way of reminding me of the pleasure of being his, I suppose."

"Fox, I..."

"Don't. I know you are hurting. I wish I could remember everything. But you're wrong. When you say that I remember nothing about you. You think I don't know what's in my heart? You don't think that I know how special the feeling I have with you is? You're right though, in that I remember little things about everyone else and not you. But when I slept in your arms, I felt like I was home." He looked away from Alex. "Walter didn't tell me that you were unhappy. I'm sorry that you are." His voice was a whisper, hurt and confused.

Alex pulled Fox into his arms. "No, I'm not unhappy. I love you. I'm happy with you. Just being with you, Fox. I'm sorry that I lost it. Try to understand that it is hard... this whole thing. Baby, we weren't even together long before all this." He kissed Fox's hair, but Fox still stood unmoving in his arms. Alex closed his eyes trying to will Fox to know how much he was loved.

Fox tried to relax in Alex's embrace, but the words he'd spoken, words of love and outrage paled compared to the words of wanting Garren. "So we're with Walter for protection? Not love," he choked out.

Alex kissed Fox's cheek. "He loves you," he ground out.

"And you." Fox wasn't asking, he knew Skinner did love Alex. Maybe he was using them, but Fox couldn't envision Walter, the gentle lover he loved, being like Mikhail... using them, both of them.

"Yes, maybe he does. But, that doesn't change the fact that he would keep us apart if we didn't let him in. So we made that decision... together."

"So what do you get from Garren?"

Alex stiffened. He felt the trap spring. A trap Fox had laid with soft words. "Nothing. I get nothing from him."

Fox pulled away from him. "But you want him."

Alex shook his head, wishing he could take back the words, spoken in anger. Regardless of their veracity. He'd sought and received the look of hurt on Fox's face. A momentary victory that had tasted sour on his tongue the moment he had uttered the words. "I love you. Only you."

"I don't know what to believe anymore, Alex." Fox crossed his hands over his chest, utterly ashamed of the rings on his nipples. Sickened by what he was hearing. Skinner. Using them both. He shook his head. "I can't... I can't talk about this anymore. I just want to be alone.

Alex took a deep breath. "I do love you, Fox. I'd give anything... do anything to have had none of this happen." He tried to take Fox in his arms again, but Fox moved away. His hands fell back to his sides, useless.

"Maybe we can talk later," Fox whispered.

"Maybe?" Alex was shaking. Everything was falling apart and he was powerless to stop it.

Fox saw the look of despair on Alex's young face. The green eyes, such pools of living jade, wide with fear. "We'll talk later, Alex. I just want to be alone right now to think."

"It isn't safe to be alone, Fox. Not with the night coming. Please, just come back to the camp with me. I won't say anything... won't do anything until you want to talk. But, please come back. I can't bear it if you were to be taken again. Please."

Fox nodded. "All right."

Alex sighed a bit. He bent to pick up Fox's ruined shirt. If he had just asked Fox... he wouldn't even think of it. He had made so many mistakes with Fox. So many missteps taken. He had never been so clumsy with any aspect of his life before. He'd have been dead long ago if he had. Vulnerability. It was too new for him. Every thing that Fox thought or felt was important to him. Too important. He'd never been in love before. Didn't know how to handle it. He just wanted to be with Fox. Why then did he do everything wrong? How could he have told Fox, so bluntly, so cruelly, how much he wanted Garren?

Fox didn't look at anyone when they arrived back at the camp. The Gunmen were huddled together speaking in hushed, quick tones. They stopped abruptly when they saw him. They avoided looking at Alex after their first accusing looks.

Skinner met the two with a concerned frown. "What is it?"

Mulder shook his head and evaded the questing hand that caressed his face. He saw that there were tents set up. He didn't even wonder at where they had come from. With ascendants around, he supposed anything was possible. The previous night Skinner had set up camp so swiftly the others, excluding Antonio, had all shied away from the big man for hours after. It had been disconcerting to see objects appear out of thin air, while a ruby glow emitted from Skinner's eyes. "Is there a tent I can use. I want to... rest."

Skinner pointed to a large tent just beyond the western edge of the campsite. "You can rest in there. Fox, are you all right?" He saw the tension in Fox's face, the tension in Alex's.

"I'm fine." Fox looked into Skinner's face and saw nothing but love and concern there in the hard planes. Alex had to be wrong. Skinner... Walter would never hurt them. He hurried to the tent. He could feel Alex move to follow, but he knew the young man wouldn't come far with him. He opened the tent, the sound of the zipper as he sealed himself in, bringing a flash of memory.

//Darkness lit by a small gas lamp. A small, dark girl sitting on a sleeping bag, her face entranced, her eyes a bit scared, as he told a scary story. It was his voice, he knew. Young, very young. 'Don't tell me the end, Fox. I don't want to know... tell me the police caught the loony.' He felt a smile curve his lips as he leaned closer, his shadow large on her small frame. 'No, he was never found,' he whispered and laughed as she launched herself into his arms. 'You big baby,' he scolded, tugging on her hair, but not making her get off his lap. 'We're only in the backyard.'//

That memory warmed him. Memories of home and family. He saw a man's face, a strong, stern face. His father when he was young. His mother straightening his tie, pushing a lock of hair out of his face, before nodding in maternal satisfaction. Ships sailing by on the Vineyard Sound.//

He lay down on one of the two thick sleeping bags that had been laid out and tried to remember everything. He closed his eyes, trying to capture his past and soon he found himself drifting off into sleep.

xx

Washington D.C.
Penthouse
Day Nineteen
Hour 1530

Murdoch finished instructing the shades, watching as the dark shadows inched over the floor and leaked out the window. He tracked their darkness as they wafted, smoke like into the sky. They would go across the Atlantic and instruct his loyal brothers there. What of the witches? They had gone to his bidding, make his sweet Foxling lust for him, but they had disappeared into the night and he'd heard nothing of them since. He could feel no trace of them, the ungrateful hags.

He turned to look at the changed male in the sling. Beautiful. It was true that many of the changed humans were not as lovely as some of their fully human companions, but they were so delicious despite any physical flaws. Their appeal was physiological, instinctual. Whatever they looked like they were utterly desirable. The more changed the more valuable. And their offspring would be just as compelling. With careful breeding using the more beautiful changed humans, their posterity would be stunning. The male in the sling was one of the most used in breeding despite the fact that there were many other more changed than he. Tall, muscular and strong. The face was almost too pretty, full lips, wide, blue eyes, high cheekbones, eyebrows darker than the brown-gold hair. Murdoch traced a finger over the beauty's spine and removed the large dildo he had been pleasing the toy with. He smelled so sweet, was so afraid.

"You want to go back to the pens, little love? You've been such a good boy. Such a tight, little baby."

The blue eyes, dark with the pain Murdoch had inflicted turned to him with a pleading expression.

"Careful, little love, your looks of pain will only make me want to play some more." Murdoch chuckled as the young man blanched and closed his eyes. "Perhaps the lovely Shane will sooth your hurts for you." Murdoch smiled darkly as the pretty jerked at the name. Shane Deston, a pure blood, had a definite penchant for Murdoch's little breeder. He wasn't above sharing things with his pure bloods. They had been loyal, after-all. The only rule that had to be adhered to was that no changed human could be seriously injured. Used thoroughly, without doubt, but not harmed.

When his Foxling was back at his side he knew there would have to be breeding sessions, but he wasn't very excited about sharing him. Of course the children Fox would sire would be invaluable. Utterly. Beautiful as well as changed. He thought of the little cat then. Both males were exquisite and though not as changed as his Foxling, the cat had few peers among the changed. He turned and gestured to his human guards. "Take him to Deston." The guards quickly complied, their hands running over the trembling frame, more than necessary, but Murdoch was tolerant. Humans couldn't help their attraction to the changed ones. As long as they didn't indulge in more than that, he would tolerate it. As the young one, what was his name? Brian? Yes, Brian. As Brian was taken away Murdoch sensed something. He smiled slowly and made his way to a comfortable chair, letting the silk fabric of his robe fall open as he sat, legs spread, lubricant from the pretty Brian still slicking his cock. He closed his eyes and went inward, to the dark place and sought out his sleeping love.

xx

Salmon Falls, CA
West of Santa Rosa
Day Nineteen
Hour 1330

Alex had settled on the ground, leaning back against a tree. His long legs were bent before him and he rested his hands on his knees, staring at the tent that Fox had disappeared into. Skinner approached him, stood over him for a moment before sitting next to him.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

Alex looked at his hands, intent on the study of his fingers.

"Alex? What happened? Why are you upset?"

"I'm not the one you should worry about. I hurt Fox. He's the one who..."

"Alex, you are the one I am worried about right now. You wouldn't hurt him... not unless you were provoked. I know that much about you."

"Provoked?" He laughed, but it was a mirthless sound. "Yeah, he provoked me all right. He had his nipples pierced by some monster and I of course assumed the worst."

"You thought I had done it," Walter said quietly.

Alex looked back at the tent. "Yes."

"And you were angry."

"Stop talking like a priest or a psychologist. Yeah, I was angry. I'm angry that I have no control over my own life. I'm angry that the only way you'll protect Fox and I is if we let you fuck us. I'm angry that I hurt the only person I love, because I want something I shouldn't." He looked at Skinner. "Don't look at me with such concern, if you were concerned then you wouldn't make us whore ourselves for you."

Skinner, the part of him who sat for years behind a desk and tried to do the best he could for his agents and the law, recoiled from the truth in Alex's words. He should just protect them, let them live out a happy existence just the two of them, admiring from afar, respectful of a love he had envied. But, the stronger part of him, one that still wanted to do good despite his need to dominate, knew that Alex and Fox were his. That they would always be his.

"What is it that you want that you shouldn't?" He ignored Alex's little glare and waited to be answered.

"Garren," Alex hissed.

Skinner stiffened and he stood. "That is not an option, Alex. You are right to say you shouldn't want him."

"I don't care if you like it or not, Skinner. I care because it hurts Fox."

Skinner had to turn and walk away. If he hadn't he might have been tempted to punish Alex, as he had envisioned before. He wanted Alex to come to him on his own, but he wouldn't be patient much longer. Alex had been so sweet in his arms, the give of his body, the strength tamed. Skinner knew that Alex would fight the hook with everything in him, denying that he belonged to anyone. The fight made the ultimate reward so great. Garren was another matter. Why had Alex told Fox that he wanted Garren? He frowned darkly as Antonio seemed to be about to speak to him. Antonio turned from him with a disgruntled sigh. Alex must really be confused by the wolf. When Garren reappeared, and he would Skinner knew, he would have to tell the wolf that he could not play with Alex any longer. He would kill the wolf if he refused to leave, he resolved.

Alex watched him leave and almost got up to stop him. Though what he had said was true, he found it harder and harder to look upon Skinner with anger. He wondered if it was the change that made him flush with the thought of lying with Skinner... even when he was worried about Fox and conflicted about Garren.

xx

Mulder was cold. The dark was alive; he could feel it breathing around him. He stood in the living dark, shivering and confused. Wet, slick floor beneath him, moving as if in breath. The cold was all around him and he wondered if he were dreaming. If this was his mind, utterly blank. A light in the darkness drew him forward. There was a warmth coming from the light and he found himself running toward it. The darkness shifted around him, things moving behind him. He thought for a moment that the light would keep receding in front of him like in bad dreams, but he could see that it was a doorway, and he ran faster. He stopped as soon as he gained the door. His instincts warring with his fear of the blackness behind him and the warm room before him.

There was a man sitting in a large chair at the center of the room.

The man in the chair smiled at him, a smile that held no warmth at all. The cold at his back held more warmth than that smile and he made to move backward into the living darkness, but his back hit a solid object. He turned with a gasp, thinking to find that which had pursued him, but found only a wall where the doorway had been, a cold wall.

"Poor, lost Fox. Can't you at least say hello?"

Mulder turned toward the voice. It was deep and mocking. He faced the man, gritting his jaw as he saw the man's splayed thighs and nudity under the black robe. Those eyes, as black as the darkness he'd left, stared at him intently, hungrily. "Who are you? Where am I?" He was surprised a bit to find that his voice was so sure. So firm.

"Why, you're home. With me. For a while. I can give you back your memories you know. Come here, come close to me and we shall see what you have forgotten."

Mulder couldn't resist that promise. To remember everything? To be whole again? He moved forward until he had crossed the room, noting the fading light coming from large windows and strangely familiar buildings beyond the glass.

"Oh, Foxling, how I've missed you. So lovely, so perfect."

Mulder stared into the black eyes and let himself be drawn down onto the man's lap, trying to ignore the large organ brushing his thigh. "I asked who you were?"

"Ah, yes. So you did, lovely one. I am your master, your only lover. Murdoch." The words were spoken softly, as if in a caress.

The name made him stiffen and he shook his head. "No," he shook his head again. "I don't... I don't know that name." But it was a lie. He knew the name. He felt Murdoch's lips on his throat, the hot rasp of his tongue on the tender flesh. But his mind had turned inward. He saw himself on the sling, the crowd around him ignoring his pleas for help. He felt the strike of leather on his flesh, the firm slapping on his anus, and he screamed silently as he was raped.

"You do remember me, Foxling, don't you?" Murdoch whispered, his hand going up to the pierced nipples and tugging hard on the little rings, groaning in lust as Fox gasped with pain.

There was a bath, Mulder could see it, could see himself on Murdoch's lap, and he recoiled from the lust on his own face as he rode the big man. The water churned about them as he came. But it was the words he whispered that made him shake. "I love you, Alex." The image shattered like a mirror, little bits and pieces of the image flying outward. He knew. He remembered what he felt. Worry that Alex had been hurt... in the apartment when the men had come and attacked.

Alex.

Alex in white boxers cooking and laughing, then killing with ruthless efficiency. More memories. Alex looking so young, not so young as now, but in a terrible suit. Alex in leather, looking like a wet dream. Him hitting Alex, pulling at his hair, all the while wanting to kiss those pink, moist lips. A flood of memories and he cried out as they assaulted him.

xx

Alex leaped to his feet at Fox's cry. He was in the tent and beside his restless lover before another breath had been taken. Another nightmare? Fox was writhing on the sleeping bag, his mouth open and wet. Hazel eyes stared up at him, but Alex knew Fox wasn't seeing him. The look in those eyes made Alex bend to kiss the sweep of lash. Fox looked terrified. He soothed Fox's brow, "Baby, you're okay. It's just a dream."

xx

Murdoch frowned at the nature of Fox's memories and he pulled roughly on one of the nipple rings, forcing Fox's attention back to him. Fox's eyes grew wider still as he understood where he was despite not knowing how he was there. "Yes, prince, you remember me. Did you think I would allow you to forget? That I would allow some callow hunter to strip you of that memory? Of whom you belong to?" With that Murdoch tore at Fox's jeans. "I will take you again, here in dreams, so that you might not forget how I can make you scream."

Fox struggled, his mind trying to grasp, to solidify all the memories fighting for dominance. He fought to keep those hands off him, but his movements were sluggish. He could hear Alex. Alex telling him everything was okay, but it wasn't. He couldn't stop Murdoch. Alex's touch on his face, but when his frantic eyes looked around the room he could see no sign of his lover.

Murdoch growled as he sensed the little cat near. Trying to take Foxling back. He bit at Fox's nipple in frustrated fury and tore the ring out, his cock incredibly hard as Fox screamed in pain.

xx

Alex paled as Fox screamed, his eyes not understanding what he was seeing. Blood was trickling down Fox's chest and the ring... the ring had vanished. "Fox, godammit wake up," he shouted, frantic now to rouse him, as Fox grew rigid and started to shake.

Skinner entered the tent and Alex looked to him in a panic. "What's happening to him?" Fox screamed again and Skinner was there to see the other ring disappear. "Fuck! Jesus! Walter, wake him the hell up!" Alex growled in frustrated fury as the edges of Fox's jeans were pulled away from Fox's twisting body, the buttons ripping open to expose the curled, brown hair of Mulder's pubis.

xx

"You won't ever hide from me, Foxling. My own Prince," Murdoch hissed trying to take Mulder's jeans completely off. But, Fox resisted more and more; the voices so near were taking him away from Murdoch. The blood on Fox's pretty chest at once excited Murdoch and repelled him. His fury had made him do it. Fox had made him furious. It was Foxling's fault he bled. The wounds would heal. The memory of defiance and its consequences would not. He cupped Mulder's scrotum and squeezed hard, thrilling to the pleading whimper his loving touch elicited.

The voice of the human ascendant joined Alex's and Foxling blinked away from his dream. Leaving Murdoch to open his eyes alone in the growing darkness of his rooms far above his city.

xx

Mulder fell back into himself, or so it seemed to him. There was that moment of dislocation and then he was sitting wrapped in Alex's arms and staring up into Walter's concerned face. The red glow was there again in Walter's eyes, and he found himself leaning toward him, before relaxing back into Alex's sure embrace. He felt Alex trembling and it took him a moment to realize that Alex was absorbing the tremors stemming from him. He tried to quell the shaking of his body while Alex kept up a soft litany of "Baby, baby, shhh, baby, baby shhh, baby..." The words had a talismanic quality to them and Fox leaned deeper into the beloved embrace his trembling easing bit by little bit.

Skinner caressed Mulder's jaw and Fox tilted his face into the strong hand, rubbing his cheek into Walter's steady caress. "Fox? Fox, what happened?" He traced one strong finger in the blood that trickled down Fox's chest, staring at the torn nipples with narrowed eyes.

"M-Murdoch," Fox whispered, shuddering anew. "Oh God, somehow I was with Murdoch." He wanted to tell them that it had happened once before, but the memories of his entire life were crowding in, making him feel dizzy, unanchored from the steady earth and he swayed in his sitting position, leaning further into Alex.

Scully rushed in, her eyes narrowed. "What happened, Mulder?" she rasped, looking from one possible villain to the next. To Alex she appeared as friendly as a rusted fishhook as her eyes took in her battered partner. "Why is he bleeding?" she demanded as she made her way to Mulder's side.

"Scully, I just realized that I dream very vividly," Mulder quipped, visibly trying to compose himself in his partner's presence. Tears that had been threatening to escape gold-tipped lashes were banished as the shivers were stilled resolutely. He still leaned deep into Alex's strong embrace not yet confident enough to leave that cocoon of security.

Alex was staring at the finger-shaped bruise coming out on the tender skin of Fox's hips. The bruises parallel to the v-shaped muscles that framed Mulder's pubis. He slid his hand around to cover Fox's near nudity from Scully's gaze and his eyes met Skinner's, both men's faces grim and shocked.

Scully pushed at Alex's arm, "Krycek, I need to look at this," she hissed when Alex refused to move his arm.

"Let her look, Alex," Skinner commanded.

When Alex obeyed reluctantly, no one took notice of it. He stayed close to Mulder's back and watched as Scully bent to inspect Mulder's chest.

Scully clucked her tongue disapprovingly. "What happened?"

"Murdoch... somehow was able to reach Mulder in his sleep. I would have thought it was a dream if I hadn't seen it for myself. The rings in Mulder's nipples, just disappeared, like they were torn out," Skinner explained shakily. The thought of Murdoch being able to access Fox so easily, so physically, made him nauseous. How powerful was he? What were his limitations? If he could get inside Mulder's mind, what was stopping him from making Mulder call to him? Once called, he could simply steal Fox away.

"He didn't rip them, he bit them off," Mulder supplied with a voice that attempted to sound flippant, but sounded young and scared instead.

"He fucking bit you?" Alex spat out. "That bastard! He bit them off?"

"He likes to bite," Mulder reminded him. The wounds had faded from his first encounter with Murdoch, but the memory of being trapped on Murdoch's plane, sitting on his lap while Murdoch's hands and mouth devoured him, made Fox shudder once more. He could only feel the bulk of that huge cock pressed against his buttock then, but he had soon become intimately acquainted with it... had even begged for it, spread his legs wide and twisted his hips wantonly to get more of it inside him. He flushed with remembered shame. There were some things he would rather forget for good.

"I do remember that," Scully quipped, deliberately matching Mulder's attempt at levity.

"Where was he?" Skinner asked, rubbing the smooth skin on his skull.

"He... he was in a room... I don't know where, sir, but I think it was in D.C."

Scully raised her brow at the use of the title. Mulder hadn't called their superior anything but Walter since he had been returned from Mikhail. Alex was too busy kissing Mulder's jaw to notice and Skinner was caught up in his own thoughts, but Scully stared at her partner with a more critical eye. When he had said that Murdoch liked to bite... did he remember the first incident as well? Were more memories coming to him?

"These will have to be stitched up," Scully decided. "They aren't bad, one stitch each should do it. Krycek, I need my bag. It is the black..."

"I know which one it is," Krycek growled, "Go get it, Skinner. I'm not leaving him." His jade eyes defied anyone to contradict him, sparkling with a leashed fury that made Scully want to squirm for its intensity.

"Antonio is coming with it now," Skinner informed them just as the tent flap was moved aside and Antonio stepped in, holding Scully's black bag stuffed with all manner of medical supplies she had gathered in Fort Bragg.

Mulder took the moment to turn and look into Alex's face. Though he been in Alex's presence for days, it had been weeks since he had looked on the pretty face and known that he was the most important thing in the world to him. He smiled a bit, receiving only a blank stare in return. He had to smile a bit; Alex was lost in thought, restraining his anger just barely. He kissed the angular jaw and Alex nuzzled him, his green gaze shifting just enough to inspect Mulder's face.

It scared him that Murdoch could so easily come to him... could he do the same to Alex?

"What are you doing?" Alex hissed at Scully when she took out a fairly large needle and began to thread it with a dark, surgical thread.

"I'm going to stitch him up," Scully replied quizzically, pausing to stare at the assassin who was glaring at her.

"With that? It's too big. Find something smaller," Alex demanded.

"She's the doctor, Alex," Mulder reminded his young lover.

"And I'm the one telling her she isn't sticking that fucking oar into your flesh," Alex growled.

Scully ignored him and soaked a cotton swab with antiseptic wash. She gently laid the swab to the first nipple. Grimacing as Mulder gasped at the sting. Her hand was gripped and pulled away from Mulder's chest and she looked with exasperation into snapping jade.

"You're hurting him, Scully," Alex informed her coldly.

"Alex, she has to clean the wounds, now let her get it done," Skinner barked, receiving a little glare from Alex in response. But Alex obeyed.

"Everyone out," Scully said in frustration as Alex leaned his jaw onto Mulder's shoulder, his arms wrapped protectively around Mulder's waist. Skinner knelt beside her... too close for her to maneuver, his eyes watching her every move critically, though he had the grace to remain silent. Antonio was staring at Mulder with something akin to confusion and all she wanted to do was to get her partner patched up.

Skinner stood reluctantly, but Alex just remained where he was.

"I'm not leaving," he said finally.

"Scully doesn't like to perform in public," Mulder soothed pulling away from Alex's embrace. "I mean why not just have the Gunmen in with video cameras?"

"I'm not leaving," Alex repeated, though he didn't pull Fox back into his chest.

"Are you okay, Mulder?" Langly asked, as he stuck his head in.

"I'm in Hell," Mulder moaned in a joking monotone. To Langly he just held up one thumb.

"Cool, you were making a lot of noise... we thought Krycek... well you know, we thought he got angry or something... we would have come in ourselves, but we saw that the AD Sir and Scully already did. Anyway, Skinner, AD Sir, there's someone here to speak to you... says you know him. Real old guy."

"Baku," Skinner rasped. He turned to leave, but paused. Something was different about Mulder; something felt different about the things he was thinking. A slow smile spread across his face and he turned to face his beautiful lover. "Welcome back, Agent Mulder," he said before stepping out of the tent.

Krycek frowned after Skinner, but his curiosity wasn't such as to compel him to leave Fox's side.

Antonio's gaze kept falling to the parted denim and the strands of hair that curled around temptingly at Fox's crotch. There was something erotic about the fact that Fox had just been mauled... that he was displayed like the pretty piece he was. He could just see the first swell of tasty flesh nestled in the curled hair, and he felt his own organ began to throb in time with his increasing heart rate. Fox smelled so sweet, was so compelling. He wanted him suddenly with a feverish desire. Fox's long legs were parted just slightly, the musk of his hidden flesh like a siren song of desire. Fox's scent coupled with that of Alex's and Dana's was nearly too much stimulation and he had to turn and stumble out of the tent before he took all of them at once, somehow.

Scully didn't look up as Antonio left. She gave up on making Krycek leave and bent to the task at hand. "This will hurt, Mulder, but it will be quick," she assured.

He tried to grin, "Oh you know I love it when you hurt me, Scully," he teased.

She smiled a bit and sterilized her tools once more before slipping the tip of the needle into the flesh, marveling at how little damage had really been done, considering that Murdoch had apparently bitten Mulder's nipple rings off. She didn't even want to know when Mulder had gotten such a thing... only that she knew it had to be recent. She heard a moan and looked up, surprised to see Krycek looking as if he were about to cry. He moaned again as Mulder let out a hissed breath.

"For God's sake, S-scully..." Alex rasped, sounding like a small child.

"One more," she promised as she tied off the first stitch. She looked to Mulder who gave her a tired wink and nodded as she prepared to stitch the second nipple.

"Mmmppff"

Alex ground his teeth at Mulder's sound of pain. Wanting nothing more than to toss the little redhead out of the tent... along with her torture devices.

"There. All done. I'm going to give you Tylenol for the pain," she said briskly, masking her own discomfort at causing her partner pain. It didn't escape her notice that of the three of them, Mulder had taken the small surgery far better than she and Krycek. He had barely moved or uttered a sound, but she was feeling ill and Krycek looked like he wanted to kill her and he had moaned throughout as if he had felt each tug and slide of the needle. "I'd give you something stronger but that would be overkill I think."

"Oh, baby, make her give me Morphine! I'm dying here," Mulder gasped.

Alex missed the wink Mulder gave Scully and he grabbed her black bag. "Give him something stronger, Scully. I mean it."

Mulder sighed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding here. It's nothing. I've had worse."

Neither his partner or his lover seemed to be clueing in to the fact that he was making reference, albeit subtly, to past events, but instead of calling them on it, he allowed Scully to hand him the bottle of Tylenol and said nothing.

Scully leaned to the side to reach one of several bottles of Evian that Antonio had placed in every tent. She handed one to Mulder and before she could say anything, Mulder grinned.

"Don't tell me, take two and call you in the morning?"

"Fox," Alex scolded him for his levity as Scully smiled and shook her head. She quickly bandaged his nipples and instructed him to not remove the bandages. "They might get infected, Mulder, and then they won't heal as quickly as I suspect they should."

"Oh, he won't," Alex assured her. He pulled the edge of the sleeping bag up again, once he noticed that Mulder's sex was partially revealed. The bastard Murdoch wasn't just intent on removing Mulder's nipple rings. He had been tearing off his clothes as well. He clenched the muscles in his jaw again. Murdoch could have raped him and he would have been forced to watch it. He had been shaking Fox and calling to him, but Fox was too far gone into whatever place Murdoch had stalked him. It had only been Skinner who had been able to reach him. One word from Skinner and Fox had come to.

Another reason they needed Skinner?

Fuck.

He was so deep in thought he was startled by Fox's hand on his thigh, squeezing gently. He looked down at those long fingers and smiled. He loved Fox's fingers. They were analogous of the rest of Fox's lovely body. He looked up into Fox's eyes and frowned a bit at the intent look Fox was giving him. He looked away and stubbornly moved closer to Fox. He didn't care if Fox was still upset with him about the scene by the river; he wasn't leaving his side. Not one chance in Hell. Not one.

"Scully, thank you," Fox murmured. "I think I'm set now."

She gave Alex a hard glance. "No wild stuff until that heals, Krycek," she admonished.

Alex shook his head, looking surprised that she would even mention it. "I'm not going to do anything to hurt him, Scully." He narrowed his eyes a bit. "I don't need to tell you that or anything like it. He's my lover."

Mulder held his hand up as Scully opened her mouth to reply, "Look you two, it is nice that you both care, but I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. So, Scully, you can leave now assured that I am in no danger. And I swear, Alex will not do anything to make you wish you had let me shoot him when you had the chance."

Scully and Alex stared at him a bit confused, but Scully left with one last glance at the dark-haired man who sat so close to her partner.

When she had gone Alex stroked Mulder's arm and sighed. "I... I'm sorry, baby, I know it is strange to you, but I hate to be told to be careful with you... like I would really do something to hurt you." Alex gave Mulder a look from beneath a shutter of sooty lashes, the green of his eyes a startling contrast to the pitch of their borders. He lowered his gaze as Fox continued to stare at him implacably. He made to move away in order to find his silent lover another shirt to wear but Fox stilled him with one hand on his bicep.

"Hey, you," Fox sighed, his voice quiet yet somehow jubilant for all the hush.

Alex frowned. "Hey."

"You know, I think that I have either a lot of reasons to kick you out of this tent or a few to keep you here, what do you think?"

Alex shook his head and without letting Fox continue he twisted around so that his arms were about Fox's waist with his face pressed into Fox's lap. "I won't leave you, baby. I don't want to. Please don't make me. I love you."

"Don't, Alex..." Fox began.

"No. I won't let you think that I don't love you. I do. I'm sorry that I said anything about Garren. I am. I don't care about anything but you. I wish you could just believe me." He kissed Fox's hip, his chin rubbing the gentle swell of Fox's sex, still trapped in the denim.

"I do believe you, babe," Fox whispered. "I remember the first time you said it.

Alex froze. Not sure what Fox meant. Did he mean the first time Alex had ever said it, or the first time the forgetful Fox had heard it just days ago?

"You put your head down like this then too, babe. God, I'd never heard anyone say it before... not anyone who meant it really. It was like having all my dreams come true, all in one small declaration."

Alex raised his face to meet Fox's gaze. "What? Baby, what? You remember?"

Fox stroked his lover's face with a soft hand. "I remember everything... how I slammed you up against the wall thinking I was going insane, but not caring as long as I could taste you... touch you. I remember how quick it all happened... the trip to San Francisco and the morning... you were wearing white boxers and God how I wanted to eat you alive... everything. I remember it all." The last was almost too quiet to hear but Alex heard.

"I thought I had lost you," Alex admitted in a choked voice. He lowered his face back to Fox's lap. "You said you loved Skinner... I was going crazy." He squeezed tight trying to stop from shaking... relief flooding him. Fox remembered him! It was overwhelming. He found to his horror that he wanted to sob in relief. Wanted to wrap himself so tightly to Fox that they would become one... so that he would never again lose him.

Fox tried to bend over Alex but the pain in his chest kept him from fully covering the younger man. "I'm sorry, babe, I can't imagine forgetting you, but that is what Mikhail wanted. I couldn't be a good slave if I constantly wanted to escape to my beautiful lover, now could I?"

Alex shook his head, not moving from the warmth of Fox's lap, he smelled the musky warmth, the familiar scent of the man he adored and he never wanted to move. "No." The stroke of Fox's hand in his hair was addictive, a thousand times more arousing than any stroke from another. He almost purred like the cat Garren called him. "He made you forget it all."

"Especially you, Alex... the one thing I wanted to remember more than anything."

"More than Skinner?" Alex questioned and the uncertainty in his voice made Mulder want to cry. The confident assassin sounded like a lost, little boy.

"More than anything in the world... more than Walter, more than Scully or the Gunmen or even myself... baby, you are everything to me... everything that I wanted to fight for... he had to take you from me."

Alex rose from his supplicant position and hooked his hand behind Mulder's neck. He paused to look at the swollen lips a moment before drawing them to him with a sigh. "I want to kiss you, Fox," he husked.

"I want you to kiss me too," Fox purred already sliding his knees further apart in response to the arousal in Alex's voice. "I want you to kiss me, to touch me... to fuck me. God, I want you, Alex." He grinned then against Alex's pretty, bowed lips. "My sweet little Angel."

Alex chuckled and licked Fox's lower lip. "So you aren't as perceptive as you like to think."

"Why?" Fox purred as he shifted his hips in wanton invitation. "Because I thought you were an angel?"

"Mmm hmmm," Alex groaned, feeling the hard outline of Fox's erection on his belly. "An angel is something I think no one in their right mind would call me."

"Oh, but you are," Fox husked, wanting nothing more than his angel to spread his legs and fuck him so hard he screamed. "You are my angel."

"I'll be anything you want... I am a good actor..."

"You're good at lots of things," Fox sighed as Alex relented and let himself be drawn over Fox's now supine form, careful not to press into Fox's chest. Fox spread his legs about Alex's waist. "I need you inside me, Alex. I want to be yours again."

"You always were mine, Fox," Alex insisted, looking into Fox's wide eyes. "Only mine."

But are you mine, Fox thought before Alex's lips claimed his, burning away any qualms with the satin and heat of his tongue.

McClellan Air Force Base
Sacramento, CA
Day Nineteen
Hour 1330

The room was large, but not so large that it dwarfed the four cylinders that stood floor to ceiling in the center of the room. Inside the glass tubes were young men, covered in twitching gossamer tubes that sent out thousands of electrical impulses every minute, moving constantly over flawless skin.

"How are they progressing," Spender queried, fingering the unlit cigarette in his hand. He could see the obvious; the clones were growing at the accelerated rate nicely, but he had no idea or experience with this type of development of clones. Always before, clones were conceived, duplicated in tubes and gestated until infancy and then taken out to progress normally. The clones of Mulder had never been removed from the accelerators and even the scientists in the room experienced with cloning had little idea of what to expect.

The aliens had assured them all that the process was not harmful. They had produced millions of clones in this way when invasions had demanded quick access to a supply of soldiers.

However, they had never seen the physiology that these clones exhibited. They were neither human nor alien... a hybrid of some sort, but what type they were uncertain. There were extra base pairs in the DNA structure that had never been seen in nature, celestial or otherwise.

One of the scientists stroked the glass of the tube closest to him, "They are certainly beautiful," he sighed.

Spender shook his head. Useless human weakness. The medical staff had, from the first, been untowardly attached to the clones. They had shown a bit too much enthusiasm in watching the clones develop. Bill Mulder had yet to visit the clones, choosing instead to prepare the way to the meeting with Murdoch.

"I am not interested in their physical appearance as much as their physical soundness," Spender rasped. "Will they function outside the incubators?"

"They should do fine, if the data we have been given is to be believed," the doctor mused, still reluctant to move away from the glass tube. The electrical impulses within the bluish liquid illuminated the clone in a wash of azure light, making an eerie glow on the white skin of the clone.

Spender turned and left without another word, making his way down a darkened corridor, taking lefts and rights without pause until he came to a doorway that, unlike the doorway to the main medical lab, was unguarded. He punched in a five-digit code into the doorlock and while the light turned green on the lock he wondered what his assassin was doing at that moment. When he entered the room to find the solitary cylinder in the room, and the softly swaying clone inside it, he wondered too if this was not the key to his assassin's heart.

He ignored the two scientists in the room and walked to the cylinder and stared at the clone, the likeness to Fox Mulder astounding him though he had seen thousands of clones before. The clone was young... perhaps not yet eighteen physical years, but the progress, like its brothers in the medical lab, was amazing. In another few hours they would be birthed, utterly without experience of any kind... lambs to the slaughter, without language or sensory development. The four in the lab... the only clones as far as Bill Mulder and the majority of the team in Sacramento knew, would be sent to Murdoch, this one... this one was Spender's alone. His secret.

The two scientists who worked on its progress were completely loyal to Spender alone, they would never betray him to anyone. Bill would never know of this lone clone... and once it had been birthed and judged physically sound, well then the scientists, those loyal fools, would have to be silenced in the most efficient way.

There was only one way to bait a rat trap after all. And Spender couldn't afford any loose ends. Bill might be utterly preoccupied at the moment, but it wouldn't do for him to ever know of this little theft. As Spender watched the clone and the life giving electrical tubes caressing its long body, it opened its eyes. The hazel glow alien in the blue liquid.

xx

Salmon Falls, CA
West of Santa Rosa
Day Nineteen
Hour 1500

Skinner approached Baku with forced calm. The last time he had seen this man, he had been upsetting his family... upsetting Skinner himself so that he had lost Fox to that damnable vampire.

The old man stood straight with his hands clasped lightly behind his back. His eyes bored into Walter's and again Walter felt as if he should know this man. There was something about the way the man stared at him, as if he was at once impatient and proud; it was a look that was nearly paternal.

"You do try my patience, old man," he said in a low voice.

"Your patience is not as wide as it was a month ago, Skinner," Baku said lightly, tapping his foot in the soft dirt of the camp. "You should make Fox and Alex wear the medallions. The vampire would not have sensed anything out of the ordinary with either of them... and there would be no reason to risk your wrath on a mere human."

Skinner raised one brow. In truth he had once again forgotten about the medallions. They were packed away with the rest of Fox's things, but he said nothing of this to Baku. Instead he lowered his chin and stared intently into the brown eyes before him, "You came here to tell me that?"

"No, I came to try to convince you of the necessity of allying with The Garren. And the sooner the better." Baku nodded his head at Antonio who came to stand beside Skinner.

"Why would he want to do that?" Antonio questioned. He was still upset that Garren had so easily usurped his place when Skinner had gone after the sweet little fox.

"Because while you two take a little vacation, enjoying the coastal beauty of California, the rest of the world is at war." He shook his head as Antonio made to speak. "Don't deny that you know the plight of some of your brothers. One in Africa is nearly defeated by Murdoch's forces."

Skinner felt the truth of Baku's words and he spared a glance at Antonio whose lips had gone straight in a grim line.

"Do you think you will have a leisurely life once you reach your southern destination?" Baku asked of Antonio. "So you think that Murdoch will be content to rule only part of the world? He has planned for thousands of years to take over the entire world and you think he will not move forward with his plans? Don't think that because you travel with Skinner that you are as big a threat to Murdoch as is Skinner. When you leave the nest, you will be as vulnerable as your brothers across the seas." He turned to Skinner. "Let your thoughts go out to your brother... know that he is almost sacrificed to your pride and disdain."

Skinner tensed with anger as Baku turned his words on him. But, still there was some truth to them. They, the ascendants who had chosen not to align with Murdoch had a responsibility to one another... it was understood, but he had been so focused on Fox and Alex and Fort Bragg and the people there, that he had forgotten to look at the big picture. He could feel his brother's struggle, the fear and the exhaustion. But what could he have done?

"What do you want? You think that if I align with Garren then my brothers around the world will benefit? What do I need with a pack of wolves that I can easily destroy?"

Baku looked startled for a moment, before he began to cackle. "Confidence is not your weak point, is it, boy? For as long as the Dorl have watched the Mediggo, the pack has been by the Ascendant's side."

"Yes, yes, you told me all this before... so what?" Skinner was getting impatient.

"In that time we have had the opportunity to study them. They are not so easily destroyed... the young ones yes, as you have seen, an ascendant can bring them down. The older wolves are more difficult to destroy. More difficult than you can imagine. You have felt the force of Garren... you must sense it on a level only those of the Opening can know. He, you could not destroy... at least not without a lot more force than you can muster. Hurt him, yes, but he can hurt you as well."

Antonio shifted on his feet and yet kept his expression schooled, mimicking Skinner's.

"The older the wolf, the stronger the wolf," Baku explained. "Those of the blood, what we might refer to as a royal family, are naturally stronger, more able to control the change, but all wolves grow stronger as they age. There are wolves that roam that make Garren seem like a weak infant... hard though that is to believe. He is young for a wolf, their lives are so long as to seem to be immortal. These old wolves, Skinner, could tear Garren into pieces."

"Then why not align with one of the older, stronger wolves," Antonio queried. "If we want to align with a wolf at all... though I see no benefit in it."

"Because Garren is the leader. Uncontested. Absolute. Absolute in a way a human leader has never achieved. There is no wolf that will stand against him, weak or strong young or old. Even the oldest would tear out their own beating heart if he but commanded it. You must understand the pack if you are to benefit from it. Wolves are loyal to three things only. First to the Garren, then to their mate, then to the pack. Only the Garren can put the mate before all other things. But, you must understand that wolves think the pack is made stronger when there is one leader and when mates are taken for life." Baku reached out a hand and tapped Skinner's muscular forearm. "With Garren at your side, the whole pack worldwide will do your bidding, fight your battles... protect your allies. But, you need Garren."

Skinner frowned. He could feel the truth and he knew that Antonio could as well. An alliance with Garren would be beneficial. But at what cost?

"Too, though most wolves are without rational thought in the change, when they are in wolf form, they are as clever as any human when in human form. They can plot and scheme like any other. Too, the bloodline of Garren is not the only line that can maintain rational thought when changed, it is the minority to be sure, this thinking population, but it is deadly." Baku paused and waited for the weight of what he'd said to sink in. "You know too, Skinner, that there are ancient, powerful wolves making their way here, don't you?"

Skinner nodded, he had felt the approach of several such creatures, but had not wanted to admit to himself that they might pose a threat. In truth he had known them to be wolves and had assumed that Garren would keep them in line. One was coming across ice and snow to the north, travelling without sleep or rest, with a stamina that seemed unending. Another, oddly to him, was coming via a sailing vessel. It shouldn't be odd, he supposed, these creatures were alive before the invention of the first ocean going vessels, surely they would have the skill to navigate and to sail one.

There was one more, but he could not get enough of an image of this one to determine where it was coming from or how near it was. That in itself disturbed him greatly.

"They are coming for one reason only, Skinner. To protect the Garren's mate."

Antonio choked and Skinner closed his eyes for a brief moment. "Protect him?" His voice was tired.

Baku took a steadying breath, he could sense that Skinner was coming to his side, but it was a delicate shift. "Yes, protect him from any manner of things; from the cold, from attack, from hunger or boredom or any displeasure... it is a great honor. One that has fallen to very young pack members since Garren has taken him. But, that was necessity. The old ones have earned the honor and they will take it very seriously. You will do well to take them seriously too, Skinner. They will take your best shot, smile and come for your throat. Do not toy with them."

"He keeps Garren in line," Antonio said sullenly. He didn't like the tenor of the conversation. They were ascendants. They should fear nothing.

"Because Garren's mate would be displeased were Skinner to be harmed... more than that... and actually more interestingly, because Fox Mulder would be hurt by it. You see how delicate it is?" Baku smiled. "The Garren has taken a mate and the mate already has a lover... the lover is not expendable as he is far too beautiful and highly changed besides so Garren must accept him. In fact he would most likely claim him were it not for his mate's wishes to the contrary."

"You better speak plainly, old man. What does Fox have to do with this?" Skinner barked. He could scent even now the musk of Alex and Fox's passion. They were so involved with each other that Skinner knew they were unaware of anything but the slide of skin and the heat of their kisses. It was a condition that was not entirely brought on by their change. The two would have tuned out anyone even before the change had rendered them helpless to their sexual needs. Still, the allure of the two made him glower at Baku for his unwelcome message and the reality of it.

"Fox is the key to Alex, Alex is the key to Garren. Garren is your key to the safety of the world and Murdoch's destruction," Baku said in a steady voice despite his growing excitement at Skinner's growing acceptance.

Skinner looked at Antonio and saw the recognition of the veracity of the old man's words. He also saw the same resentment in those black eyes that he felt. But still. An alliance with Garren would serve he and his well. Very well. He knew it was something he would have to face, but to give up his claim to Alex was something he was not eager to do. Even though, in the beginning he had resented the green-eyed beauty, he now reveled in his ownership of him.

"Garren will not turn against Murdoch," Skinner said, more in an attempt to deny the inevitable.

"He will to protect his mate." Baku looked sly, younger than his years as he felt the pieces of the puzzle begin to fit together. "Simply suggest to Garren that for the protection of his mate, he should ally with you. Remind him of Murdoch's gentle care of Alex the last time Garren brought his mate before his old master. But don't delay Skinner, I fear one of your brothers is already lost. Don't wait. He will be here by nightfall."

Both Skinner and Antonio knew he referred to Garren.

At Skinner's reluctant nod and Antonio's grim face, Baku sighed in relief. "He will be angered that you took his mate without permission..."

Skinner began to redden in anger and Baku lifted a placating hand.

"He's already allowed you liberties with him, Skinner. You must accept that Alex is his now. You must or the alliance is gone and Murdoch takes everything in the end. Especially Fox."

Skinner stilled himself with an effort and Antonio shook his head. "You ask that Skinner just hand over a changed male so easily?"

"A changed male for the security of millions? I think it a fair trade" Baku growled, his own ire showing for the first time. "There are hundreds of changed humans, only a handful of decent ascendants."

"I will not allow Garren to take Alex from Fox. I can give him up... for the right reason, but I will not take him from Fox... not for anything in the world." Skinner's face was filled with a mixture of loss and sorrow and defiant anger.

Baku nodded. "You give up a lot. Perhaps Garren will share his mate." He didn't elaborate. He knew that eventually Garren would take Fox, for what wolf could resist him? He would perhaps let Skinner use Alex for the use of Fox. More likely he would want to take Fox and Alex together. Perhaps Skinner would enjoy watching it... perhaps even participating. "Alex will go willingly to Garren, Skinner. He will be growing restless for him even now."

Skinner could sense Alex's full attention devoted to pleasing Fox, but he didn't bother to inform Baku of that fact. He could well-imagine how attentive the assassin would be. Gently hovering above Fox's body. Fox with his legs spread, his lips panting, swollen flesh touched with strong fingers. Alex's lips bowed in avid worship. He could hear them now, Fox begging to be taken, Alex refusing to do more than kiss him, worried that he might disturb Fox's stitches.

Antonio was distracted too by the scent of the two. Baku sighed. He had done enough for now. He would leave before any of the old wolves or the Garren himself arrived in the small camp. Wolves were decidedly less forgiving of slight than these two human ascendant.

xx

"Ple-please, Alex... I want it... it won't hurt. I can sit on you," Fox begged once more, as Alex trailed fire up and down his torso, wet lips sucking Fox's flesh. He was lying nude on the sleeping bag. Alex had taken off the jeans, frowning at the ripped crotch, but saying nothing.

"No," Alex replied, again. "Please?"

"No, baby, not until your stitches heal a bit."

"Ohhh... but..."

"But nothing, baby." Alex looked up into Fox's frantic eyes. They were both nearly mindless with the heat of passion, every slide of skin so enticing, every taste of flesh an erotic fantasy. He wanted to slam inside Fox. Push those long legs up high and tight and pound in hot and hard, remind Fox of who he really belonged to, remind him of how good it was between them this way. But instead he slid his mouth down to Fox's weeping cock and licked at the tip.

"Can I just eat you, baby," Alex moaned, his husky excitement making Fox whimper.

"Al-alex," Fox moaned. He watched the pink lips part, jade staring up at him beneath a curtain of soot. He couldn't help but move his hips a bit at the sexy sight of his cock sliding into that pretty mouth. Loved that Alex was watching him. "Oh, God, that's... mmmm."

Alex loved the taste, the silky slide of skin. Fox's legs were already far apart, in typical wanton fashion making Alex moan around the thick flesh. Fox was such a wanton slut, it made him want to pound into him even more, make his baby cry and beg. When Fox lifted his knees, placing the soles of his feet on the sleeping bag, Alex moaned again, the vibration making Fox cry out with pleasure.

He wet his fingers and caressed the flesh of Fox's perineum, moving lower, grinning as Fox lifted his hips eagerly. He slid off Fox's cock, "You want me to finger fuck you, baby?"

Fox's only response was an eager gasp.

"No? Oh and you are so hot and ready, baby," Alex teased. He pushed hard into Fox's prostate gland and Fox cried out.

"Alex! Don't tease me," he begged.

"So you want me to finger you?"

Fox nodded frantically, humping his hips up and down in desperate invitation. "Mmm."

"I can't hear you, baby," Alex growled, lapping at Fox's swollen penis.

"Yes, yes, please finger fuck me... please finger me... finger fuck me, Alex. Pl-please," Fox begged obediently.

It inflamed Alex more than he could have imagined. Fox was too beautiful, too hotly needy. He lapped a course with his tongue, swabbing the tight pucker with lascivious, growling with desperation himself. Fox's whimpers of appreciation, his scissoring legs and the taste of him all served to make Alex want to scream in frustration. While he knew Fox would welcome him inside of him, he himself did not want to risk hurting Fox in his passion.

He nipped at the tight flesh, growling as Fox's hips bucked in response. He wrapped a fist about Fox's cock and while he nibbled and licked as the tight opening he moved his hand in a rhythmic motion in time to Fox's thrusting hips. When the puckered flesh of Fox's anus relaxed under his ministrations he slid a finger inside, thrilling to Fox's gasp.

He slid the digit in and out and circled a bit, still licking and nibbling the relaxed muscle. He thumbed the satiny head of Fox's cock and had to chuckle at Fox's strangled scream.

"You're such a slut, baby," he whispered, caught by the flushed beauty of Fox's face.

"Please do me, Alex," Fox panted. "I'll be good... you don't have to worry... it won't hurt."

"No!" Alex gritted his teeth. "God, no!"

"Why?" Fox whined.

Alex groaned. "Baby, you know why..."

"Please. I need you... I haven't had you... not since before... before Mikhail... only Walter."

Alex narrowed his eyes at that. It was true. Where Skinner had reclaimed Mulder's body after he had been returned, Alex had not... not in the way Fox was begging him to do. But, he didn't want to reclaim him at the cost of hurting him. Fox was staring up at him with eyes that were full of clouded entreaty. How could he resist him? When all he wanted to do was please him?

"When you are healed, Fox... please... when you're healed." He voice was desperate now. He knew what was best, but he couldn't tell Fox no for long... not when all he wanted to do was say yes.

Fox shifted under him, spreading his legs further and pouting. "But I need you, Alex," he whined. Tears of frustration started to make the moss colored eyes gleam and Alex was lost.

"On your back and no wild stuff," he growled as Fox suddenly beamed and nodded his head eagerly. Alex half expected him to say, 'goody!' but all he did was place one leg up on Alex's shoulder.

"Yes, Alex... no rough stuff and spread out on my back like this," Fox purred, nearly content.

Alex groaned. Fox looked so beautiful, his head to the side, his lips moist, his eyes shining.

"You can do it now," Fox said when Alex still hesitated.

"Give me a second, baby, or there really will be rough stuff," Alex panted, trying to control the sudden urge to slam into Fox and pound him through the fabric of the tent.

Fox simply licked his lips and moaned. When Alex finally began to penetrate him, both men were breathing harshly and staring into each other's eyes. Afraid to put pressure on Fox's chest, Alex lifted Fox a bit, taking his weight on his shoulders. He pushed all the way into Fox's tight warmth and began to thrust, slow and steady.

Fox stared at his beautiful lover, loving that Alex hadn't even bothered to undress. He loved being nude while Alex remained clothed. Though Alex's body was indeed fantastic there was something extra sensual in the disparity in clothing. Something lustful. Alex was trying to be so gentle, but Fox could see the passion building, knew that Alex would begin to thrust hard and deep soon enough. They were both trying to contain the sounds of their lust, ever fearful that Scully might charge in with murder in her eyes.

But when Alex lost control and began to pound hard into Fox's writhing body, neither man could contain their cries of pleasure. Throughout, Alex refrained from leaning into Fox, and so kept pressure off the wounded nipples, but later he would recall the few instances of Mulder wincing in pain and berate himself harshly. But, in the midst of their coupling neither could have stopped.

"Play with yourself, baby," Alex commanded hoarsely, using both hands to hold Mulder's hips lifted off the ground.

Fox took his swollen penis in his hands and began to caress his own flesh while Alex stared down at the sight. The slippery head, wet with precum, slid through Fox's fingers and Alex wanted nothing more than to bend to taste it. He groaned in frustration that he dared not. When Fox began to buck wildly, sliding his fist over his cock faster and faster Alex knew Fox was about to come.

"Al-Alex... oh... yeah... there... there... that's... that's..."

The spasming muscles of Fox's rectum heralded the orgasm milliseconds before Fox's cock exploded, sending spurts of come over Alex's chest and his own, taut belly.

The clenching muscles were so tight, Alex could barely move and he cried out with Fox as he came. He thrust several more times reflexively, only slowly letting Fox's hips down as he calmed. He smiled softly, looking down at Fox. Seeing the eyes dazed, the long lashes slowly moving up and down. He had to slide out of Fox to lay at his side and Fox never even registered that Alex had moved. Alex kissed the mole that drove him crazy, pulling it into his mouth and sucking on it. He felt a bit like a lecher, enjoying Fox when Fox was unaware. But, it was hot too. He licked at the plump lips, parted them with his tongue and bit at the generous flesh.

"God, I love you, Fox," he hissed. "I love you so much."

Fox didn't respond and he moaned with the pleasure of knowing he had fucked his lover senseless. "You're fucking great for my ego, baby." He kissed Fox once more then curled contentedly at his side to wait for Fox to come back from his zone. Fox's slurred words made him smile.

"I love you too, angel."

xx

Monte Rio, CA
Day Nineteen
Hour 1600

Garren stopped to drink from a small pond. He had been running all night and he wasn't in a pleasant mood. He had returned from his hunt to find what he already knew, the ascendant had taken his mate and gone south. It was unforgivable nearly. In any other situation this outrage would be resolved in only one way, the one who had taken his mate would die. But, things were strange for the pack and its leader, too. What was to be a time of freedom from the shadows, a time of standing at Murdoch's side as he ruled the world, was now a time completely different. He splashed water on his chest, ignoring the chill that pebbled his nipples instantly.

He was completely taken with his mate... stupid with the desire to please him, which drastically altered his actions... not killing the old man and not making Skinner pay for his theft were just some of the more egregious examples of his softness. He was, for the first time since taking the leadership of the pack from his aging father, not at Murdoch's side, was in fact unconcerned with Murdoch's safety. He could take care of himself now that he had become.

He shook the excess water from his face with a disgruntled shake and stood. There were members of the pack nearby, but sensing his ire they were staying away from him lest he turn that ire on them. For two nights he had been away from his mate. The ascendant wasn't too far away now, Garren would reach him by nightfall, but it angered him nonetheless. His cat would be needing him soon, the spore would see to that. Eventually Alex would accept his place and then Garren's life would return to normal. Better than normal for he would have a beautiful cat to warm his bed.

When he reached him that is. He growled softly aching to change, to race non-stop to Alex's side and confront the larcenous ascendant. But, he splashed more water on his face and forced the change away. A rustling in the low brush brought his head up. He narrowed his eyes into slits as he saw the group of tottering, shuffling dead things that made their way toward him. Their eyes were drooling some foul, black liquid and their faces were blank, displaying no sign of the hunger that made their movements quicken as they caught his scent.

Five of them. Four males and a female. There was still the dirt of the grave on them, covering their bodies and caking in the fingernails extended toward him. He could hear more rustling and excited moaning coming from the direction the first five had come and with his hearing focused he could make out the tread of perhaps fifteen more of the dead things. He looked up across the pond he had stopped beside and saw the southern tip of a small cemetery. The first five were closing in on him just as the brush parted to reveal their hungry reinforcements.

He grinned. And let them come. The first grabbed at him and he tore its head off with a human-shaped hand. Changing would make no sport of this, would in fact end it too quickly. He drove a fist into the chest of the next and lifted it off its feet while his hand was covered in its cold insides. He heard the restless howls of the nearest pack members gathering the pack. But he ignored them. They wouldn't dare spoil his fun, but they would come anyway, to make sure it remained fun.

He fell into the slaughter with something akin to pure joy. He ripped into the throat of one of the newcomers with his teeth and quickly pushed it away spitting and choking at the vile taste. What had once been succulent human flesh was now putrid and fit only for worms. Because the taste had so offended him he let his hand become a claw and he tore the offender in two with a snarl, still spitting out the taste. He paused long enough to rinse out his mouth before he began to hunt the rest of his would-be attackers.

When they all lay dead... again, Garren cleaned himself of their blackish blood. These zombies would only rise from the recently dead, or those that had kept enough flesh to fuel the hunger. If humans but burned their dead as civilized creatures did, the zombies would cease to exist. The deterioration would continue even on the reanimated and soon they would fall down where they stood and twitch and moan until there was nothing left of them.

The killing had made him feel a bit better and once he was clean he changed and began the last of this run to his mate. He couldn't help the twinge of worry for him. The thought of him cold or hungry or mistreated by Skinner in some way lent speed to his run. He knew the worries were groundless, Skinner wouldn't hurt him, but he was helpless to prevent the worry. He would only really be comfortable with Alex's safety when he himself was there to assure it.

xx

Washington D.C.
Penthouse
Day Nineteen
Hour 1730

Murdoch received his prize with a cold smile. He twisted his fingers into its hair and tilted it so he could stare into the deep brown eyes. Awareness sparked in those honey depths and Murdoch spit in their drying recesses. It was time to make a public appearance of triumph. He freed his fingers from the soft curls and gestured for the gathered first bloods to come near.

"I want as many of the citizens of my city brought to The Mall. I will make an appearance at the foot of the statue of Lincoln. When I finish my speech the statue is to be torn down, and construction of a new one to begin. I think you can assume safely of whom."

The man who had once been the Director of the FBI, Babcock was the first to leave to go attend his master' bidding. The new world was one in which he had all his dreams answered; plenty of males to own... especially those young college types, the ones that were always tuning up their pretty noses at him in the former world. He grinned. Now the very same lovelies were struggling to find favor with him. Little whores, all of them. Willing to suck cock, spread their legs, open their asses... anything, any perverse pleasure they would attend as long as they could be made safe from Murdoch's hunters.

A little obedience to the Ascendant was more than worth the bounty of being a first blood in this world.

xx

He moved toward the camp, feeling the prickling unease at the presence of such a powerful ascendant. Surely almost as strong as the old master would have become. That one would be a worthy opponent event to one such as himself. There was another ascendant, not deadly to him, but to the majority of the pack. He could scent the many different changed humans, one more changed then the others, intoxicatingly changed, and in a highly sexually aroused state. It made him growl just a bit. But, he was not here to dally with fine flesh. He was here to protect the mate. A human mate, a changed human mate at that. He grinned. The young Garren was indeed trying to make things difficult for himself. Those of the blood had to reproduce so he would have to take a female wolf at some point, but would the mate allow it?

The pack would demand it.

But would the mate allow it?

That was the question.

He grinned again, already eager to watch his young Garren fall over himself to please the mate. It was his first. The young Garren was fierce, fiercer still than even his own father, who spent years weighing the consequences of outcomes and who until his dying day had tried to force his heir to think things through. The old Garren had died not displeased with his young son though, he knew. The young Garren was what the pack needed in this time of change.

Brutal and fierce, but brilliant as well.

He was still a bit stunned that the pack served Murdoch no longer. He had lived nearly longer than Murdoch and the pack had always served him. The Garrens were always at his side. But no longer.

He shrugged. It wasn't for him to say, certainly not for him to question the Garren's decision. If the Garren wanted to explain he would, if not, then not.

A lock of silvery black hair fell into his face and he brushed it away with a large hand. His amber eyes glowed a bit in the shadows of the sparse trees as he realized just who the young changed male was in rut with. The mate.

He shook his head, trying not to chuckle. He knew already of the quandary his Garren was in with the mate having his own mate already. Again. It was not his to say. He would simply protect. Just as he had protected the young Garren when he was but a pup. It was enough.

He walked in to camp and smiled at the look on the faces of the people there. He looked into the most powerful ascendant's eyes and said, "I am here to protect the mate. Do you stand between me and he then we will battle. Do you stand aside and allow me to stand vigil then we wait for the Garren in peace."

He was impressed that the human ascendants, both of them seem unperturbed by his presence when he knew they could sense his strength. He nodded back as the larger ascendant nodded in acquiescence. He paused beside him and because the man seemed to be a fighter, he elaborated, something he would never have deigned to do for a mere human. "It is an honor to guard him. I will not interfere in your camp."

Skinner, who had been taken utterly aback by the presence of the huge man in the center of his camp, a man who was Garren's size, maybe a bit smaller, but who radiated a power that Skinner could not fathom. He seemed tired though, to Skinner. Not physically tired really, but tired in another way. The amber eyes were not unkind, and they held a wisdom that none of the other wolves, with the exception of Garren, had portrayed, even in human form.

But he knew the wolf would not be a grandfatherly sort. He was true to his word however and simply walked to the tent in which Alex and Fox were quieting, circled it once and then sat to the east side of it. Skinner lifted his face to the dusky twilight and wanted to scream. But the now deafening silence of his brother in Africa stilled him.

How many more sacrifices would he have to make? How many times would he be forced to retreat? He steeled himself then. He would speak with Garren of an alliance. If Garren was willing then they would become allies.

It was only a few hours later that Garren entered the camp.

xx

McClellan Air Force Base
Sacramento, CA
Day Twenty
Hour 0330

Spender rapped on Bill Mulder's bedroom door, waking the other man.

When Bill answered the door he was still tying a silk robe about his waist. "This had better be good."

Spender smiled, patted the pack of cigarettes in his pocket as if to assure himself of their presence. "The clones are being birthed."

Bill didn't show his surprise. "Already?" he asked turning back into his bedroom.

Spender followed unbidden and made his way to the large window, which overlooked the entire base, lit by the greenish, alien light. "They are fully formed and aged to approximately their twenty-third year."

"Still so young," Bill mused unhappily.

Spender sighed. "Would another year or three really make them better prepared to be concubines?"

Bill turned a glare on his old friend. "Don't think I am happy to send parts of my son to him... but I will. I would even send my son as well. I would do it in a heartbeat to save all that we have worked for." He moved toward his temporary wardrobe to find the appropriate garb in which to meet his son's clones. "In fact, it is my sacrifice that will save us, Spender. Murdoch will be thrilled to be gifted such bounty... especially when it comes from me, the father. He will know the sacrifice I make."

Spender nodded, not watching as the older man dressed.

"How many are there?"

Spender barely held a gasp in at the question. "What do you mean? There are four, Bill, you know that."

"All four are birthing now?" Bill's voice showed no surprise, just interest. It showed no suspicion either.

"Yes, yes all four are birthing. In fact we are missing the first one I should think."

Bill made a sound of discontent and then with one last adjustment he walked, dressed toward the door. "Then let us get there."

They made their way to the medical lab where the first of the clones was already standing aided by the medical staff in the center of the room. He was staring blankly, but curiously at the hands that rubbed soft clothes over his slick body, cleaning him.

Bill nodded in approval as the clone looked exactly as his own son had in his mid twenties. Old enough to be used, he rationalized. He ignored the fact that the brain inside the pretty skull, while capable of being quite brilliant was now, infantile, completely without experience or the ability to understand sensation.

And it smelled so good.

As the next clone was being birthed the first was led tenderly away by smitten doctors who cooed to and petted the soft-skinned male every step of the way.

Spender didn't get to sneak away to attend his own clone's birth, but when he was able to make it to the secret room, the clone was already sitting on its small bed, blinking incomprehensibly at the two doctors who were attempting to communicate with the beautiful creature.

The aliens had insisted that language could be taught in vitro, but that it would be crude. Spender had yet to hear one of the clones speak, but this one, upon seeing him, said, "Thirsty."

Spender beamed and one of the two doctors leapt up to get the clone a glass of water.

Spender sat beside the trembling clone, noting its nudity in the chilly room. "Let's get him clothed shall we?"

The doctors looked disappointed and when the clone grabbed Spender's hand to place it on his semi-erect cock, Spender turned an accusing eye toward the two doctors, who had the grace to flush.

"Nice body," the clone whispered, rubbing Spender's hand up and down on his own hardening penis. "Pretty."

"Yes, you are very pretty, little clone, but daddy Spender just wants to be your friend." He grinned into the wide, innocent eyes, eyes that had never seen hardship or known loss. He didn't remove his hand but squeezed the flesh a bit first. "You will be such a good friend, little Fox."

The clone tilted its head, its eyes searching for something in Spender's face. When his cock was completely hard he whispered, "Good boy." Obviously repeating that which he had heard from the doctors in the very same circumstances.

Spender could well see the scene. The foolish scientists playing with the lovely, utterly malleable clone. Touching his naked flesh, stroking him into erection. Why else would the clone take Spender's hand to himself and when he was hard call himself a good boy? He knew nothing of sex, maybe simply that the hands felt good there. Certainly he knew nothing of seduction. It was a miracle that the language stimulation that the aliens had promised seemed to have worked. But, the clone would not really understand what he was saying until he experienced things. Once experienced, like thirst, he could come up with the necessary word. He could recite, or so the aliens promised, every word in the English language, but saying banana and knowing it was a fruit, and knowing it tasted sweet did not actually inform one of what sweet was, or what eating felt like.

He was a blank slate with only a rudimentary grasp of communication skills.

Had he not planned on killing the men, he would be inclined to do so now. This was not a sex object like its brothers, it was for his sweet assassin, his lure to bring Krycek to him.

He smiled into the moss green eyes. "Good boy," he whispered, agreeing, and smiled.

The clone mimicked him, its full lips sliding into a smile, awkward, but lovely. It blinked its eyes slowly and when the doctor who had been sitting to his right handed him a glass of water he smiled at him, too.

The three men watched as most of the water went down the clone's chest and they chuckled as he looked confused by the cold sensation on his belly. He looked content with the water though, swallowing reflexively.

"Good." He frowned then. "Bad?" He shook his head. "Good."

"Yes, good," Spender choked out. "Water is good."

The clone took another sip this time ignoring the cold water that trailed down his chest. Spender noted that the two doctors were fairly drooling to lap up the trails of water. The clone saw nothing wrong, felt none of the tension, simply drank and tried to mimic Spender's motions. Spender couldn't help but chuckle.

It was perfect. Fox Mulder, only so innocent his little assassin would have to feel some protectiveness. Oh yes indeed. Alex would come. And stay, do anything, endure anything to save this sweet innocent from harm.

He had only to lure him away. And he already knew how to do that... and make sure that Murdoch got the real Mulder as a treat.

It was a perfect plan really.

One that even Bill Mulder would approve of.

"Eye," the clone said suddenly, pointing to Spender's left eye.

"Yes, Fox, this is an eye," he agreed. The two doctors were flushing now and clearing their throats. It made Spender wonder just what else the clone would point to next. The two men had been quite busy with the clone he could tell.

"Mouth... kiss with," the clone said proudly, touching Spender's tight lips. He tilted his head and touched his own lips. "Soft," he proclaimed. He touched Spender's again, "Hard."

Spender just had to chuckle again. There was something to be said for the power of innocence. It made him, just for the briefest moments of course, want to be the first one to show this clone what real pain and fear were. It would be so interesting really. It would have no way of coping with such things, it trusted him implicitly simply because it knew nothing else. Betrayal, pain and fear were just words to it... to him.

So too were words like sodomy and fellatio. He began to get hard then, staring into those lovely eyes. He traced a finger over the pretty, distracting mole, wondering what the clone would think if he suddenly pushed its... his head into his lap.

"Face," the clone supplied helpfully as Spender continued to stroke his cheek.

"Face," Spender agreed in a choked voice.

xx

Salmon Falls, CA
West of Santa Rosa
Day Nineteen
Hour 2300

Scully was standing beside her mother, speaking quietly and getting food together for the rest of the group and the Gunmen were playing a game of poker with Antonio when he came. He spared them no glance and went straight to the tent in which both Alex and Fox still slept.

The other wolf, the one who had sat quietly for hours beside the tent rose to meet Garren and a small smile of welcome graced Garren's face before he unzipped the flap to the tent.

"They're sleeping, Garren."

Garren turned to the sound of Skinner's voice and he glared at him. "I can smell that, ascendant. I do only check to see that he is well."

The older wolf cleared his throat loudly and Garren turned to look at him with a raised brow, before he nodded. "I am sure you are doing a fine job, Akyel. But, forgive me, I need to check for myself." So saying he pulled the flap of the tent back and leaned his head and shoulders in, frowning as his head brushed against the top. He hated confined quarters.

The sight of his mate sleeping peacefully calmed him. He smiled a bit at the sight. The little cat was curled up next to Fox and his mouth was pursed in a little, pink pout, his finely made brows drawn slightly together. "Even in sleep he is contrary," Garren chuckled quietly, his body reacting to the scent of his mate. The prince was sound asleep beside Alex, smelling lovely and... like blood. There were bandages on the lovely, smooth chest and the smell of pain as well as lust inside the nylon confines of the tent. He frowned then and retreated from the tent. He turned on Skinner. "Can you not keep your Fox from harm, ascendant?" He shook his head. "He is too valuable. You shouldn't let him come to harm."

Skinner glowered. "You need to tell that to your master! He is the one intent on hurting him."

Garren frowned, his eyes narrowed, the ice blue barely visible between dark lashes. But, he remained silent.

"Do you need to show respect for the Garren, human," Akyel warned in a voice that was descending into a growl as he stood.

Skinner looked at the older wolf, unafraid. "You have no part in this."

Garren held his hand up to Akyel. "Leave it."

Akyel immediately returned to his former, watchful position at the edge of the tent.

"You and I need to talk, Garren. I have a proposition for you," Skinner rasped, his eyes burned red and Garren nodded.

"We do need to talk." He intended on making sure that Skinner never again took his mate from him. It wasn't something he would tolerate another time. But he was intrigued by the big ascendant's scent. It was angry and fearful at the same time. The fear was not due to his presence or that of Akyel, but something else. Perhaps fear for the little fox.

"Good. Walk with me," Skinner commanded and Akyel narrowed his eyes at the tone, but said nothing.

Garren raised one tawny brow but followed Skinner to the edge of the camp and beyond, to the scattered trees and brush.

Antonio watched the two disappear into the night and he wondered what would be the outcome. Would they emerge as allies or would they be enemies? Either way he would stand by Skinner. For though they did not agree on how to treat humans, changed or no, for the most part they were in accord in their distaste for Murdoch and his hunters. He wished Dana weren't staring at him for he might sneak into the tent, in which the two lovely males slept and taste them.

Skinner would be furious... the wolf would be too, but it would be worth it. Fox was a pain but he smelled so divine... and Alex... well Alex just wanted it. He was a born slut. Before the change he had sold it... maybe not for money but he had sold it.

But Dana was staring at him. He went to her side and tried to explain to her what was going on. Of course her first concern was how this alignment, this giving of Alex to Garren would affect Fox. He sighed.

Couldn't she see that he seemed to be the only one who thought Alex and Fox should be separated? Even the damn wolf wasn't eager to do it. Of course they were so lovely when they were fucking. He wanted to see Fox fuck Alex again, like he had the last several times... since he had returned from his vampire adventure actually.

Fox made Alex scream so wonderfully.

There were benefits to keeping the two together, Antonio mused as he bent to smell the lovely scent of Dana's hair.

Perhaps with an alliance, Alex would be easier to have... without Skinner hovering over him all the time. Perhaps the wolf could be tempted to lend out the beauty.

He hid a smile as Byers skirted about him in order to get a bottle of water from the table behind Antonio. Byers would be skittish... after what Antonio and he had done earlier. Poor little, sweet man.

He searched out Skinner with his mind to feel if the man needed aide. What he felt from Skinner's thoughts made him look to his feet to consider the possibilities. How would it go from here on out, now that the decision was all but made? He would wait for Skinner and Garren to return, then they would all talk.

xx

Part VIII: The Clones
uvalley@msn.com

Outstanding Skinner AU
Honorable mention

DATE: 09/15/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: None
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe After the events of The Changing, the world is ruled by magic and Mulder has to learn to find a role for himself in the new paradigm.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money... wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you.
uvalley@msn.com
Website if applicable: http://www.slashingmulder.com/Author_N.htm
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for beta and for reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, (but mostly near her home) And to JoB (who gives great beta and has an arsenal of ideas). Thanks to Cerulean_Blue, Amothea, and Michael for their support, beta and delicious ideas... keep 'em coming love.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]