Go to notes and disclaimers


The Alliance
by Czara (Nicole)

Chapter Five
You'll Love Me


"Come with me, into the trees
We'll lay on the grass
And let the hours pass

Take my hand, come back to the land
Let's get away, just for one day

Let me see you stripped down to the bone
Let me see you stripped down to the bone

Metropolis has nothing on this
You're breathing in fumes
I taste when we kiss
Take my hand come back to the land
Where everything's ours
For a few hours

Let me see you stripped down to the bone
Let me see you stripped down to the bone

Let me hear you make decisions
Without your televisions

Let me hear you speaking just for me
Let me see you stripped down to the bone
Let me hear you crying just for me
Let me see you stripped down to the bone"
—Stripped by Depeche Mode.


Murdoch Family Estate
Sirius
Annapolis, Maryland
Day Six
Hour 0024


Murdoch walked in the woods surrounding the estate, such tame woods compared to those to the west, but beautiful for all that. His hands were buried in his pockets as he walked. It was past time for him to exert his influence, the First Blood were waiting for his action, his allies were waiting for his action, but his mind was not on the task at hand. The Schell had failed. Skinner had proven what Murdoch already knew. He was powerful. That was disturbing in itself, but what disturbed him more was that wolves had attacked the Schell. The Schell that survived could not know if Garren had been present, but Murdoch knew he had been. Had his loyal companion joined with Skinner? If he had than it was surely only to get to Alex. Garren was many things, but a compassionate crusader he was not. He would just as soon tear a man's throat out than look at him. He knew Garren and knew that the packleader was more than capable of challenging Skinner, but why hadn't he? The surviving Schell were few in number and Murdoch didn't bother to call forth any more. Skinner would know how to kill them too easily now.

Did Skinner want to woo his packleader away from him? Murdoch seethed at the thought. With Garren at his side Skinner would be too powerful an enemy. Add to that the other ascendants who had aligned with the former AD and the balance of power was too close for comfort. He had been the one to walk through the centuries to plan this! He had been the one with the power, why then did he feel threatened by this human ascendant? Garren would have to come home to him, he had always been with him and his father before that. What was the packleader without the Ascendant? Nothing, Murdoch thought.

Then there was the matter of his prince. Skinner had lost him and left the little cat for Garren to enjoy while he went to reclaim him. It was a perfect opportunity to go fetch his sweet Foxling. Skinner might not be able to track the vampire, but Murdoch knew he could find the creature easily enough, but he had spent too much of his energy on the pretty prince already. He would settle his business first. Had he been more focussed before, perhaps Garren would not have left his side, even temporarily. He had waited thousands of years for this time and he could not afford to blunder any further, not even for his prince. He knew that Fox would be safe, that the vampire would simply enjoy his body. For that the creature would pay, but he would let Skinner fetch him. He felt the wind pick up and he smiled then, gathering the wind to him he stood in a maelstrom for a long time, enjoying the buffeting wind. He saw in his mind's eye the capital in the distance, darkened like a tomb, the buildings like the pyramids, useless reminders of a dead civilization. He would make that city his. He would refill it with life and power so that the people would flock to it.

So thinking he concentrated on the distant towers and slowly the lights began to flicker on. The hum of electricity from sleeping power plants startled forgetful birds and he smiled. Here only. This one city would he allow power. It would be a mecca, a beautiful city with beautiful people. He would make sure of the later. They would come, he knew, for humans were lazy creatures, lazy and nostalgic. They would be thankful to be allowed to live in his city. Food and clothing would be supplied by the rest of his people, the workers who even now were being gathered in clusters about the countryside. Large groups of thousands gathered together in the attempt to ward off the creatures that hunted them for food. Murdoch grinned. For those groups of humans who were loyal to him, who obeyed him and his followers, there would be safety from the hunters of the night. He would make his home there in that distant city, secure the obedience of the millions of humans east of the Rockies and set up his First Bloods to rule for him. His loyal brothers round the world had already secured their niches with the help of Murdoch's hunters. People everywhere were flocking to the human ascendants and pledging loyalty to them to save themselves and their families from the butchery that had run rampant around the globe.

He laughed a bit. He and Skinner were so consumed with the thoughts of one man that they, the two most powerful of them all, had failed to take decisive action. Skinner with his pathetic, democratic attempts at restructuring and he the one true Ascendant with his little campaign to regain his prince. No more. He was waiting no longer. He sent out his command and his followers began to make their way toward the largest human groups and they would secure them, bend them to their will... Murdoch's will. He walked back toward the mansion and thought of his little foxling-alike, his favorite, the one so like Fox. He wanted to play with him in the sling, spread those long legs and taste him, hear him beg. Perhaps later he would, but for now he would pick a few of the changed humans to gift to his first bloods. They could have their little toys while they organized new cities and taught the new religion. Already Murdoch could sense the thousands who were flocking to the bright lights of D.C. It felt good to be focussed once more. He felt the power wash over him with an intoxicating rush and he thought perhaps the picking of the changed ones could wait, he would play with his sweet foxling-alike after all.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Six
Hour 0700

Alex woke suddenly, he was held close to Garren's body and he felt a moment's pleasure at that position before thoughts of Fox flooded in. Guilt tightened its hold on him and squeezed mercilessly at his heart. Why was he behaving like a whore for Garren? He had some type of control over him that was certain. But even now, as he stared at the huge man, he felt the urge to run his hands through that thick, silky hair. He frowned then, his thoughts of curling back into Garren's warmth like the cat Garren called him, banished resolutely. He eased himself out of the bed, surprised that Garren didn't immediately wake. He backed silently toward the door, picking up his bag as he went. He used some of the clothes he'd carelessly packed the night before to clothe himself, ignoring the slight discomfort of his well used body as he did so. He left the bag on the floor near the couch, as he had no intention of trying to go after Fox. He had no idea where he or Skinner were. He wanted to check on Scully and to find out where her mother and the Gunmen were, he could at least see to it that Fox's friends were safe if he could not protect Fox. He knocked on the door of Scully's and Antonio's cabin just as Garren came out of Skinner's cabin, dressed in a pair of Skinner's jeans. The jeans were too tight and too short but at least he wasn't flaunting his body for everyone to see, Alex thought. Garren looked angry as he made his way toward Alex. Antonio answered the door just as Garren came up behind Alex and placed a proprietary hand on his shoulder.

Antonio glared at Garren and looked at Alex with a considering stare. Alex looked so well used, the pink lips swollen and a fiery gleam in his eyes. Despite his animosity to the wolf, Antonio would have loved to have seen the big blonde take the pretty pet. Unfortunately he had been occupied keeping Dana calm.

"Antonio, I want to talk to Scully," Alex said briskly all the while trying to shrug off Garren's hand. He looked over Antonio's shoulder to see Dana, already dressed in her nice suit. She smiled at him, unsure.

"Krycek, you're okay!"

She seemed relieved and he was a bit surprised by that. He knew she had residual distrust of him, but had tolerated him because of Fox's feelings for him. But she seemed genuinely pleased to see him. Her eyes flickered toward Garren and then dismissed him.

"Come in, I am just about to go to town to check on my mom. And of course make sure that the Gunmen survived the night." She gave an attempt at a smile, but her worry for Fox was a haunting specter on her face. "I... I want to talk about Mulder too."

"Alex couldn't have done anything," Garren growled, making sure that point was clear.

"I know that!" Scully glared. "I just want to know everything." She patted Antonio's shoulder and made him move to allow Alex and Garren in. "Are you two hungry?" she asked politely as she ushered them in. She looked at Garren's too-tight pants and Antonio grimaced.

"Would you like me to get some clothes that fit you, wolf, I don't want you flaunting yourself in front of Dana," he said in a voice that was clearly disdainful.

"I need nothing from you, ascendant. I have some clothes being brought to me right now," Garren growled. He gave Alex a little glare for putting him in a position where he had to tolerate a man he would rather tear into. Alex wasn't paying attention to him and missed the glare, but Garren settled himself into one of the small couches and watched his mate as he sat at a table with the pretty female.

Scully handed Alex a box of doughnuts with a small grimace. "I wasn't really in the mood for cooking," she explained.

He nodded, "It's okay, I'm not really hungry anyway. Skinner went after Mulder, and... and I'm sure he'll find him and bring him back to... us." His eyes were shuttered, no emotion shone out, but his jaw flexed a bit, the muscles rippling under the whisker-roughened skin.

She cleared her throat. "Why... why did he leave you?" She saw Alex wince a bit at that and she looked at her hands.

"I... he couldn't take me. He said I couldn't keep up with him. I guess he was right, but..."

"But you feel abandoned," Scully offered.

Alex glared at her. "Abandoned? No! I don't need anyone to take care of me. I wanted to go after Fox myself. You know, I used to be pretty damn good of taking care of things... I..."

"Alex," Scully said softly, interrupting his tirade. He raised now burning green eyes to her. "I know how you feel. This whole thing is insane, but it is reality. We have to learn to deal with it."

He looked away. "I don't think I can."

"You have to," she said grimly. "This is how things are and I don't know if there is a way to change things back." She laid one, small hand on his and squeezed gently. "When Mulder gets back... when he gets back he'll..."

"He'll what?" Alex asked. "Scully, he is just as confused as the rest of us. Shit, he's been treated like some conquest since this thing has began. You know, all we wanted was to be together. It seemed impossible before... now... now I don't know." He looked over to find both Antonio and Garren watching them. "Whatever took Fox, the vampire thing... Jesus I can't believe I am saying things like 'vampire' and 'werewolf' and not laughing my ass off. This vampire took Fox, Scully. I have no idea what kind of state he'll be in when Skinner brings him back... if Skinner brings him back..."

"He will," Scully said quietly, but her voice was steel and brooked no argument. When Alex looked into her eyes, they were blazing with intensity. For all her size, she was one of the toughest people he had ever met. No wonder Mulder was so attached to her. She was a rock, a small rock, but a rock nonetheless.

"When Skinner brings him back," Alex amended and received a nod from Scully, "who's to say he will even want to be here?"

"What do you mean? Of course he will!" Scully squeezed Alex's hand once more. "You know, I didn't like it when he told me that he loved you, but, Alex, I have never seen his eyes light up the way they did then."

"He told you?" Alex hated his hopeful tone. Dammit, he wasn't some kid with a schoolyard crush. He was turned inside out by all the conflicting emotions. Fox was being raped somewhere, Skinner had left to go find him, and here he was taking joy in the fact that Fox had actually told Dana how he felt about him. What a fucking idiot he was.

"Yes, he did. While we were in San Francisco... actually on the drive from the airport he sprung it on me. He probably chose that moment because I couldn't very well kill him while he was driving," she smiled a bit. "He'll want to be back, Alex. He was insane when you were taken. I've never seen him like that. He'd do anything to get back to you."

Alex nodded and then his eyes widened in horror as he felt the telltale moisture begin to gather in his eyes at her words. He stood abruptly and growled at her. "Let's get moving then. I don't need to sit around and gossip. We need to check on his friends... and your mother." With that he strode toward the door, snapping his fingers at Antonio as he did. "Come on then, motor-boy, we are going to town."

Scully smiled to herself. Alex Krycek was certainly more than she had expected. She'd seen the sheen of tears in his eyes when she'd spoken of Mulder. Alex loved her partner, even if he resented the gentle feelings. She shrugged at Antonio who was standing to follow Alex and Garren out the door. She frowned as she watched Garren follow Alex so closely. What was she going to do about that? Mulder would not go for it and he really didn't need that kind of complication. She narrowed her eyes and began to mull over her options. What did one do to kill a werewolf? Oh where was Mulder when you needed him? He would know how to kill a werewolf. Of course he had been too consumed with finding Alex before to tell her how, but when he got back they would get rid of the creature that was trying to take Alex from him. With that thought in mind she followed the two out the door. Antonio stroked her shoulder gently in passing, his dark eyes concerned for her. "I'm fine, Antonio. I really do not need you to coddle me. In fact, I think I'll shoot you if you don't stop," she growled. She regretted her words instantly as his eyes widened and his lips parted in silent protest. "Oh come on, let's get to town. I won't shoot you," she allowed. "I am just worried about my partner."

Antonio sighed. His little treasure was such a dichotomy. One moment so soft and cuddly that he never wanted to let her out of his arms. The next a spitting fireball, one he felt the need to tiptoe around. All because of the beautiful Fox. He nodded at her and smiled, "Of course, cara."

Scully walked toward Alex and Garren who were standing by one of the white Range Rovers, Alex was doing his best to ignore Garren, who was leaning against the vehicle and petting Alex's arm. She frowned then but smiled as Alex struck the man and said something in a hissed voice. Her smile faded back into a frown when Garren just chuckled and straightened away from the big vehicle. The SUV actually groaned as the heavy weight was lifted and it swayed from side to side just a fraction.

"I go on foot," Garren informed Antonio. "I have someone I want to talk to first." Garren's eyes were narrowed as he remembered just who he wanted to talk to, the man the prince had called Baku. The leader of the Dorl. He would take great pleasure in stripping his old flesh from this bones, one bloody stripe at a time. He looked to his mate and saw the speculative look there and he smiled innocently.

"Do not even think about killing that man," Alex growled.

"You do not tell me who I can or cannot kill, cat, you may be my mate, but I am still the one in charge," Garren growled.

"Fox is going to want to talk to him, you bastard. And if he comes back and finds him dead... well, he just better not!"

Garren glared at his contrary cat and would have berated him then and there, but Alex slid into the Range Rover and slammed his door behind him.

"I thought I asked to be told everything," Dana said, glaring at Garren as if he should have informed her.

"Don't push me, female," he glowered.

"You don't scare me," she lied as she stared up at him, the top of her shiny red hair barely reaching his nipples.

"I should," he replied.

"Well you don't," she glared.

"Dana, get in," Antonio sighed.

Satisfied that the man knew she wasn't some shrieking female, Scully slowly climbed in, her knees trembling.

"You kill that old bastard and I'll hunt you down, Garren," Alex promised.

Garren frowned. "You won't have to hunt me, cat. I'll find you."

"You won't want to if you kill him before Fox can talk to him," Alex spat, his eyes glowing a dangerous green.

"After he talks to the little Fox, I'm killing him," Garren threatened.

"We'll see," Alex dismissed him. "Get this fucking thing moving," he demanded.

Garren was left to watch the car move away. He was conflicted. He just wanted to tear the old man apart. He had hurt his mate with his words. He realized then that he should want to kill the leader of the Dorl for Murdoch. He should actually kill the old man, but he wanted to please Alex. Maybe having a mate wasn't as exhilarating as he had thought. It was too constricting! He paced about for several minutes until one of his pack came from the tree line, carrying several bags filled with clothes for him. The small female cowered before him as she handed him the bag. Why could he not have chosen a wolf for a mate? Then he would never be questioned. Or commanded! His being commanded was almost entirely new. Murdoch had commanded him, but he had had no real reason to obey other than that he had always been with him. Now... now he wanted to do something and couldn't! It was enough to make any wolf long for blood. He ripped off the small jeans he was wearing and fished about in the bag until he found an outfit he thought Alex might like. When he was dressed he stared at the cowering female. "Put the rest in that cabin." He pointed to the third cabin. The one that had no scent of the big ascendant. Whoever was staying there could just find someplace else. With that, he began his walk to the little town, berating himself all the way for not killing the one called Baku.

xx

Day Eight
Hour 0830

Skinner woke from a deep sleep bathed in bright sunlight. He knew the vampire slept, but he took little comfort in the fact that Fox would be left alone for those briefs hours of sun, he knew very well what the vampire was doing in the darkness of night. It was as if the creature was taunting him with the images, growing confident in his continued ability to elude Skinner. Skinner had been so tormented by that first night the vampire, Mikhail, had given him lurid glimpses into his play with Fox that he had stopped his hunt and felt tears coursing down his face. Fox's face was so filled with confusion, fear and lust. He wanted to fall to his knees and bawl like a baby, but strangely he thought of Alex. Alex would not cry, he would go faster and find Fox... tear the vampire to bits with sheer determined fury. His little assassin, such a man of intensity. Of course that intensity was focussed solely on Fox, be it his obvious love, or his devotion and burning protectiveness. Alex would not weep... until it was over and Fox was safe, and then... and then Alex would go off alone to cry for Fox and to blame himself for not being strong enough. He had learned so much about Alex since his own change, could see that though Alex had not lived an exemplary life, he had lived it the only way he could. He had straightened then and though the vampire continued to taunt him with images he kept coming, drawing closer until the vampire moved on, shutting him out utterly to hide Fox away once more. However, he couldn't shut Skinner out totally and he followed, the miles between he and his other, newer love growing. He could not even think of what Garren would do to Alex, he only knew that he had not tried to take Alex away. What would he do then? It didn't bear thinking of.

Now, standing in the sun he reached out for Fox with his mind. Mikhail had been so successful in blocking Fox's memories that there wasn't even the faintest glimmer of his lover. As he began to move once more he killed all the dead things hiding beneath the earth, it wasn't even something he had to think about, he had killed so many of the flesh eaters that their weakness and their presence was almost something he ignored, simply crushing their skulls from miles away. At some point he didn't even bother to go around the countless abandoned vehicles, he just willed them away and they were gone as if they had never been there.

xx

Day Ten
Hour 2000

He woke to the soft touch of lips on his left nipple and he stretched languorously opening his eyes to stare into the black of the eyes staring intently into his. He started for a minute, confused by their color, but at a soft smile from Mikhail he smiled back.

"What are we going to do tonight, love?" Mikhail asked gently.

"You tell me. Maybe something... different," Fox grinned.

"Oh? Different? What were you thinking?" Mikhail bent once more and lapped at the responsive flesh of Fox's nipple. He grinned as Fox gasped. "Don't tell me you want to play cards instead of make love?" Mikhail leaned back and his hair slid over his high cheeks in irresistible seduction.

Fox ran his hands through the black silk framing Mikhail's lovely, pale face. "No, Mikhail, maybe go out and see other people? Go dancing. Something like that. I want to show you off." He was so happy at this moment, had he ever been happier? He couldn't imagine it. Here he was with his beautiful lover in their beautiful home... he frowned then. He looked about him. The room was plush, filled with sapphire velvet and golden silk. How long had they lived here, for though Mikhail had told him they had lived in this home forever, he didn't recognize it.

"What is it, love?" Mikhail watched as Fox looked about the unfamiliar surroundings. He leaned back and watched as Fox tried to reconcile what he thought to be true and what Mikhail had made him think. "You look like you are troubled, love," he purred, stroking his own chest with deliberate sensuality.

"No... I... I don't know... why don't I recognize this place?" Fox turned his gaze one more to his lover and Mikhail frowned to see a cold look of speculation in the lovely eyes.

"You do."

"I do?"

"You do recognize it. In fact, love, you recognize whatever I want you to, don't you?"

Fox shook his head and then he ran a hand over his eyes. "Yes. Yes I do recognize it... you must have changed the colors for me... to surprise me... I thought... it doesn't matter," he breathed, caught up in the sliding motions of Mikhail's hand as it slid lower on his own torso. "You're so beautiful, Mikhail."

"Yes, yes, love." He reached out and ran a long finger over Fox's ripe lips. "I have a present for you."

"You do?" Fox was delighted and he sat up on his knees like a small child eager for treasure.

"Yes, over there on the table," Mikhail breathed leaning forward to kiss the whiskered skin over Fox's jaw. Later he would bathe and groom his little pet.

Fox grinned and hurried to the table. He stumbled over a pile of thick clothing and fell to the floor. He chuckled a bit as Mikhail slid to his side with a movement so fast that Fox wondered how he had done it. One moment Mikhail had been half-laying on the other side of the bed the next he was at Fox's side a look of concern on his achingly lovely face.

"Don't worry, Mikhail... I am not going to break... I guess I haven't gotten many presents before. A little too eager aren't I?" He grinned as Mikhail helped him to his feet. "You move fast, I should remember that."

Mikhail frowned, there was something working in Fox's mind, something he could not feel... could not touch. "Why should you remember that?" His voice was deceptively smooth, but his eyes were intent.

Fox smiled and made his way to his gift, "In case I ever have to run from you, of course, silly," he teased with a grin, but his eyes had some secret thought burning deep in their jeweled depths.

"I won't ever let that happen, love, you know that," Mikhail purred dangerously. A feral delight curved his face as Fox's face jerked toward him, a light of fear in his suddenly wide eyes. He let his true face show for a moment, enough to shake loose whatever little strength his lover was holding on to, but he quickly masked it and flooded Fox's mind with images of love and happiness. Fox moaned and trembled and Mikhail stroked his face. "It's all right, love, you just fell. You're okay now," he soothed.

Fox felt dizzy as if he had hit his head. Had he? Mikhail drew him close and he wrapped his arms about the lithe waist wondering why he was expecting to feel hard muscle and a bigger body. Still the returned embrace was strong. "I fell. But it's okay now," he whispered.

"Yes, love. Now. Why don't you open your gift?"

"Gift?" Fox asked, confused. He felt like he was drowning... like he couldn't breathe. Something calmed him, some secret thought that flashed so quickly through his mind that he almost couldn't understand it. It was that he would come for him and bring him back to... to who? He smiled at Mikhail and reached for his present. What was he worried about? He was eager to see what Mikhail had brought him. He didn't want to think about anything else... nothing but Mikhail... nothing else mattered. He barely heard Mikhail saying those very same things.

He held the little box in his hand, there was an expense jeweler's name written in gold script on the black box. He gave Mikhail a curious stare. "You are giving me jewelry?"

Mikhail tilted his head and licked his upper lip with anticipation. "Open it, Fox."

Fox sighed once and then he opened his gift to reveal the two gold hoops resting on black velvet. He stared at them for a moment before raising his eyes to Mikhail, a little confused frown marring the smooth skin of his brow. "They're... lovely... really, but I don't have pierced ears... at least I don't think I do," he finished with a bewildered tilt of his head.

Mikhail chuckled, the sound husky and sensual. He slid behind Fox and moved him to face the floor length, ornate mirror before them. He stared into Fox's eyes in the reflection, wondering how it was possible for so many colors to exist in those brilliant eyes. He was lost for a moment in the swirl of amber and blue and lighter green barely visible in the moss eyes. He trailed his fingers down the shells of Fox's ears and kissed the tender spot where throat met neck and he bit lightly, teasing himself with the promise of blood. "They aren't for your ears, love," he husked as his hands trailed down to Fox's chest where he traced gentle patterns around the tight nipples, plucking at the responsive flesh and sighing with pleasure as Fox moaned and pushed his chest into Mikhail's hands.

"They aren't?" Fox breathed. His eyes were sliding closed at the skilled way Mikhail was caressing him.

"No," Mikhail laughed huskily. "They are for someplace far more sensitive on you, your nipples. Shh, don't frown so, I will be gentle. I want to see you bejeweled there, I want to know that every time the merest hint of cloth touches you, you will feel such pleasure that your legs will ache to part like the insatiable, sensitive concubine you are. That you will ache to be taken, fucked, licked, and drained. It will pleasure me so. You do want to pleasure me don't you, love

Fox didn't like being called a concubine. He was Mikhail's lover, not his concubine, but he did want to please him. More than he could say. It was if to displease him was unthinkable, horrible. It was love he supposed as he lowered his head and reluctantly agreed. "Yes, of course, but..."

"No buts, I will pierce these tonight!" Mikhail grinned as he pinched Mulder's nipples. He chuckled as Fox simultaneously arched like a cat at the pleasure of the touch and gasped and opened his eyes wide at the words.

"What!" he choked out.

"Yes, love. It would please me greatly to know that your sensitive flesh is being teased under your clothes... under my tongue..."

"You don't have to put those on me to do that, you do it already," Fox protested.

"Yes, I do don't I? But I want to do this my little concubine... so sweet and lovely," Mikhail breathed, his burgeoning erection pressing into Fox's buttocks.

Fox bridled again at the term concubine. He frowned then, "I am pretty sure I can't have pierced nipples... it... it is against all regulations I am sure." He stopped at that and a flash of a memory flashed in front of him, as if another reflection in the mirror, this reflection turning he and Mikhail's reflections into shades... a big man standing behind a desk, his face strained and his glasses fogged. file://'Regulations, Mulder, ever hear that word before?' the man growled. A soft feminine giggle to his right and the sharp eyes of the big man turned toward the sound. 'This is funny to you? Am I amusing you?' A sexy female voice apologizing quickly... and he was shaking//... .no he was being shaken. His teeth rattled in his head and he tried to escape the suddenly cruel hands holding him. The reflection in the mirror folded in on itself and he was staring at himself and his furious lover once more. He grew rigid as the eyes held him in thrall yet again... not black anymore but fiery red.

"You will forget, Fox, you will forget if I have to strip you memory for memory. If it takes forever... you will forget," Mikhail hissed and there was such ferocity in his tone that all the silk was gone, youthful tones replaced by hardness and age. He stared into Fox's unseeing eyes and he seethed. What was it about this one that was so hard to bring to heel? How could he resist what no other had resisted before? He pushed the stiff body toward the bed and shoved it down to lie sprawled and inviting, eyes staring at the ceiling, unmoving. "Why are you so stubborn, little human? Why are you such a trial? Is it because you know somehow that the ascendant comes for you? If that is it, than you waste your time. He can never get close enough... if I have to travel the world with you then I will, but you are mine now. Do you understand me?"

"Yes," Fox whispered.

"I wonder if you do. I will convince you of it," he hissed as he slid over Fox. He held his lover's face to his own and stared into his eyes. "I will make you forget, love, I'll make you forget forever." His voice had smoothed out as his lips touched the softness of Fox's. His kiss was gentle and his touch was almost paternal as he caressed away a lock of hair that had fallen down over the smooth forehead. "This might hurt, love, but I want you to think of the one thing you want to remember," he whispered. He was taking a risk he knew, for if Fox thought of the ascendant than he would come and Mikhail knew he would likely not survive the wrath of the one that hunted him. But he thought he knew what his pet would remember, the pretty Alex. Fox's eyes went wide then and Mikhail knew he was thinking of Alex. He could just see the flashes of memory, such lovely memories, such erotic and tender memories.

"Yes, think of everything you love about him, and then I will take them from you, every one of them," Mikhail smiled down at Fox as one by one he took Fox's memories of Alex, hiding them so deep in Fox's mind that he would never be able to reclaim them. When it was done Fox lay curled on his side, his eyes wide and wounded, as if his very reason for living had been taken from him.

Mikhail chuckled. "I could paint the room green, a lovely shade of jade, and you would not care would you, love?" Fox did not respond, but Mikhail did not care. "I wish I could do the same to your memories of the other, but I cannot risk that. But it was Alex you gave your soul to wasn't it, love? Was he your little strength? Was he? I have never known such love as that which you tried to cling to, but at least it explains your fight. I will remember him for you, Fox. I will remember his midnight hair and cat eyes." He chuckled, it was cruel perhaps, but Fox didn't know what he was talking about anyway. "Now, let's see to these," Mikhail soothed as he stroked one of Fox's nipples. "Let's make these even more lovely for me shall we, my little concubine?"

xx

Day Ten
Hour 2130

It was when Skinner was fed images of Fox, staring wide-eyed up at his abductor, lips parted in pain and wet need as Mikhail pierced the tender flesh of Fox's nipples, that Walter realized that he would not succeed in his endeavor... not in the way he was going about it. He stopped his run and the solution hovered just on the horizon of awareness, maddeningly illusive. There was something he was missing, some revelation, some method of advance that would assure him of swift victory. Fox's gasp as his flesh was pierced, the rise of his chest as he arched in response to pain. "Damn you," Skinner growled, his words carried on twirling vapor in the cold night. Mikhail assuring Fox that he was beautiful, that he was made for such attention, that he could never resist, that he was too insatiable to allow pride or pain or fear keep him from spreading his legs. Skinner clenched his fists as Mikhail indoctrinated Fox again and again, the words repeated by Fox even as his other nipple was pierced. He heard Fox's assurance to Mikhail that yes he would never refuse sex, that yes whenever he was touched he would need sex. It made Skinner burn in rage... but only in the part of him that loved Fox and loved his independence. But there was another part of him that relished such wanton capitulation, that craved it for his own benefit, that wondered what a trained little Fox would be like... how would it feel to know Fox would beg and pant on command? He flushed, angry now at himself.

He forced his thoughts away from the illicit images, forced himself to ignore the vision of beauty Mikhail sent him before retreating once more into obscurity and darkness. He was thankful actually that he could not see Fox anymore. It was too conflicting to see his lover taken by another and at the same time wanting him so badly he ached... ached for the rigid flesh of Fox's cock to plump and weep for him. He passed several of the zombie creatures who were feeding on an old man and recognizing them instantly he burned them as he passed. He had almost forgotten the incident when realization hit him suddenly. He groaned, the sound unconsciously mimicking those of the creatures he had killed. He hadn't had to think of them, had sensed them so easily that they were easy prey for him... because he had seen so many of them. Just as the Schell and the wolves were easier to kill with familiarity, so too could his hunt for Mikhail sharpen with familiarity... not familiarity solely with the ancient thing that had stolen Fox, but with any vampire.

It was so simple really. He need only find a group of humans, mask his own power and wait for a vampire to come. They were plentiful, he'd found enough bloodless corpses on his journey to tell him that. He would find as many vampires as he could, learn their weaknesses, for surely their strength was in seduction and mind control. Once learned, he would be able to track Mikhail with speed and vengeance. It took him only minutes to find a large group of humans who were, interestingly enough, on their way toward Fort Bragg. He hid what he was with a nervous smile and introduced himself to the man who seemed to be in charge.

xx

Day Fifteen
Hour 1900

The room was a different room than before, but Fox didn't notice. He would recognize any room that he was with Mikhail in. "I want to be inside you," Fox whispered in Mikhail's ear. He stroked the silken strands of black hair with near reverence. Black hair was so lovely. He heard the small chuckle that his words caused. He kissed Mikhail's throat, working his lips upward to cover the graceful jaw. "I want to make love to you," he sighed, moving to cover Mikhail's body with his own.

"No, my sweet. That isn't what I want from you," Mikhail chuckled. Fox's eyes rose to meet his and the little pout on his lips was enchanting. "You are sweet to want it, but I have never enjoyed that particular arrangement. You understand don't you? That position is for a more submissive type."

Fox narrowed his eyes in contemplation. Somehow the words did not ring true. Making love was a give and take, a sharing of bodies, not a role-playing experiment. "I thought..."

"No, love, don't think. You aren't required to do that either." He lifted Fox from the bed and brought him once more to yet another floor length mirror. "You just need to look beautiful, and give me your sweet surrender." Mikhail played with the newly pierced nipples, lapping greedily at Fox's throat. "You want to surrender, don't you, sweet Fox?"

"Oh yes." Fox sighed.

"Look at me. Mirrors don't lie. Love. They show what we are, even when we don't want to see it." Mikhail saw himself, as he was in the mirror. Old. Changed by countless centuries of feeding. His skin was pale, his eyes red. The contrast of his visage against Fox's was such a lovely one. Fox was so beautiful, so ripe. When his hands traveled down to Fox's lean stomach he allowed their true length to show, allowed Fox to see the truth. He nipped at the flesh and drew a small, hot swallow of blood.

Fox shook his head as his beautiful lover faded, replaced by an image of horror, and still he wanted him. He felt the sucking at his throat, the hot pulsing pull of his blood drawn into that wide mouth. When his cock was stroked, ever so gently he pushed into the clawed hand. The man... the thing behind him was so much taller than he had thought, was slim still, but the strength in that frame was considerable. Why would he resist? He was hard, he wanted to be taken. It was what he was made for, to please Mikhail. He parted his lips as Mikhail drank, such gentle, sucking sips. "I want you," he moaned.

"Do you see me?"

"Yes."

"Watch yourself then, love. Watch yourself get fucked. See how lovely you look as I take you." Mikhail's lips were stained with blood, wet and hungry.

Some part of Fox recoiled from this, recoiled from what was happening, knew it was wrong, but his body wanted it... somehow needed it. His heart ached for something he couldn't remember, but it was in the act of surrender that he found comfort. He knew, without true understanding that he wanted to submit... .though submission was so unfamiliar. He spread his legs further apart, staring into Mikhail's red eyes.

"Are you mine?" Mikhail crooned, lapping greedily at the trickle of blood his fangs had brought forth.

"Yes."

"Then spread yourself for me, spread yourself wide," Mikhail crooned.

Fox reached behind himself, grasping his own buttocks, pulling them apart, gasping in lust at feeling the cool air on his anus. He wanted to be filled, to be fucked. When he felt the nudge of hard flesh at his willing entrance, he sighed. "Yes."

"You are so beautiful, little Fox. You are mine."

file://Mine// The word, the declaration. Spoken in a husky voice, so familiar... so wanted. It meant something to him, but what? His heart surged to remember, but it was gone. "Mine," he repeated, he wanted to see another reflection in the mirror. "Mikhail... take me... I want something... help me."

"I will only take you, love," Mikhail promised. "You only want to be taken... you don't need love."

"I don't need love," Fox repeated as the slide of cold flesh claimed him. He wound his hands about Mikhail's neck, his body moving with every small thrust.

"Watch how your body moves, watch how your cock bounces. Do you need more than this? I want more. Beg me."

"Please... oh yes... uh, Mikh... please don't stop." He gasped at the sting of teeth on his neck. He could feel his legs trembling with the strain, parted and bent. The sight in the mirror repelled him as it made him moan. His blood was trickling in lazy trails down his chest, circling round the gold in his nipples. The face that was bent over his throat was so pale, little black lines a spiderweb of veins tracing under the parchment flesh, lidless eyes burned crimson. He tore his eyes from the ancient visage and looked at his own body, not recognizing himself in the mirror, watching his cock sway with every thrust. The pleasure was working its way through every part of him, until his toes curled and he leaned deeper into the thrusts. This was all that there was, this time with Mikhail. His vision began to blur and he was vaguely aware that Mikhail had lifted his face from his neck, blood smearing the wide mouth.

Mikhail withdrew from his feast reluctantly, it was too sweet, too thick. He thrust faster into his sweet pet and reached around the slim torso, slid one long fingernail over the pierced, left nipple, noting with a satisfied chuckle, that Fox was too far gone to even know that he cried out in protest. He grasped the pretty cock in his hand, hissing at the heat of it, the gorgeous, human heat of it. "You are so perfect, love, so hot and tight." He couldn't resist another lap at the blood on Fox's wide shoulder, his tongue stroking over the bunched muscles there. He tried to gentle out his thrusts, but he was too excited, the scent of his lovely Fox, his blood, his semen so ready to flow. He felt the presence just as he felt his orgasm tear into Fox. It was only a moment of awareness, but it was enough to save him. He turned with Fox in front of him, facing the door, eyes skittering madly about the room until they alighted on the window.

The door rippled and glowed before disappearing and the human ascendant was there, his eyes glowing as red as Mikhail's. Mikhail screamed in rage and thrust his sweet pet toward the deadly creature just as he felt an intense, hateful heat encompass him. He raised his hands to see they were burning. His eyes met those of his enemy and he noted the small smile on the strong face before he turned and fled toward the window.

Fox fell to the floor, but when he saw Mikhail begin to burn he cried out in pain. Gone was the hideous mask, to be replaced by the beauty of his lover, the frightened face was so young and tortured. He heard Mikhail whisper in his mind, "Help me, love." He saw Mikhail hurtle himself toward the window and could just make out the movement of the big stranger. With the last of his strength he heaved himself off the floor and tackled the big man. The room began to burn as Mikhail's flaming body spiraled its way through the window the heat so intense that the curtain went up in flames, the flames dancing from there to the bed. Fox reached toward his lover just as the stranger gathered him up and raced from the house with him in his big arms.

"No! Let me go! Mikhail!" Fox screamed. The stranger made small soothing noises in his ear as he brought him far from the lonely house, the flames arcing out of the uppermost window like greedy hands waving at him.

"It will be all right, Fox, it'll be all right."

The last thought Fox had before he succumbed to the lack of blood was, "He knows my name"

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Sixteen
Hour 1730

Alex sat on the top of one of the hundreds of abandoned cars that had been parked in a field for future recycling. The work to clean up the roads was tedious and yet the people working this particular detail were happy to do it, it was a positive step to making life normal once more... well if not normal than not so Orwellian. The absence of stalled cars lining every roadway was beginning to make the landscape look less lonely. He was throwing rocks out past the last of the cars, measuring each stone's weight in his hands before sending it sailing into the air. He heard the sound of footsteps and turned to see Frohike bearing down on him. He sighed and hung his head down, he was beginning to really like the strange man, but he was in no mood for company... it had been nearly two weeks since Fox had been taken and his nerves were as frayed as they could get and still leave him sane. Frankly he was surprised that Garren had let him go off alone, he had been a constant shadow since he had arrived that horrible night. That he had slipped away from Garren and not actually told him he was leaving was of no small part of his solitude. Still, Garren was generally impossible to elude.

"Hey, Krycek, Dana told me I could find you here." Frohike set down the satchel he was carrying and picked up some loose stones and began to toss them as well, standing in front of the car, leaning back against the hood. After several minutes of silence he sneaked a look at Krycek, the man was simply staring at a stone in his hand.

"Man, I know you're worried about Mulder, but he's tough... and Skinner? Forget about it! He'll bring him back real soon," Frohike assured the silent man.

Alex grinned a bit, but it was a sad look. "I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, Frohike, really I do, but something about the fact that the man I love is being raped daily and me not being able to do anything about it, kinda makes getting cheered up a little hard," Krycek drawled. He threw the rock forcefully and the muscles in his jaw danced wildly. "A fucking vampire has him! If Skinner were such a fucking God don't you think he would have found Fox by now?" he growled.

"Man, you don't know what that bloodsucker is doing to him! Maybe he just keeps him around for a snack or something," Frohike suggested with no real conviction. "Besides, you know what Garren said... Mulder... if he is even touched... won't be like unwilling you know? I mean he'll think all is rosy... so I mean..."

"Frohike, you are not helping!" Alex growled.

Frohike sighed. "I know. I'm worried too," he admitted.

Alex nodded and tried to smile at the little man, but it came out as a grimace. "I know you are."

"I know I'm not his main squeeze or anything like that, but I don't like the idea of him being some take-out blood bag for some vamp! We saw some the night he and I went looking for you, you know."

"Vampires?" Alex asked. He was stung, while Fox had gone looking for him not knowing where he was, but going anyway, he stayed put. And to top it off he was getting fucked mindless by Garren more than once a day.

"Yeah, some pretty things too they were. Serious hubba hubba kinda gals," Frohike grinned. He elbowed the man that less than a month ago he would have fainted had he had to talk to, "Old Mulder, he knew to run, knew they were blood sucking honeys... course they couldn't keep up with us... we were much too fast. He's a smart guy that Mulder. He just knows things... like... well you know what I mean."

"Yeah," Alex whispered.

Frohike patted the muscled thigh with a quick, awkward motion. "Hey, he'll be okay... he's been through more than most and come out on the other side fine. He's got nine lives... ten... no twenty lives, Krycek, he'll be fine. You'll see!"

Alex turned fierce eyes to Frohike and even though the little man knew he and the dangerous man were tight compadres, he shivered a bit in fear at the expression.

"I know the bastard won't kill him... I know he won't, but I can't stand that Fox might be scared... might be lost... might be wanting me to find him, and I'm sitting on my ass in the middle of some field. I can't think about him hurting... being... fuck... touched over and over... while I fucking move cars like a good little boy! I'm going crazy!"

"Garren says that..."

"I do not want to hear what Garren has to say," Alex growled.

Frohike nodded in understanding. Everyone knew what Garren and Alex did... and though Alex glowered at the big man... or wolf... whatever he was, it was pretty clear that Alex wasn't exactly fighting Garren off. Just that morning Langly had seen the two men embracing in what Langly had called a "not for Prime Time" way. Frohike wondered if he should have a little talk with Garren... but whenever the man spoke to him, even just in passing, Frohike thought of other things that had to be done... anything but confront the man who was invading Mulder's territory.

"Uh, when Mulder comes back with Skinner, what are you going to tell him about you and... you and Garren?" Frohike asked.

Alex jerked and turned a glare on Frohike. "What do you mean?"

Frohike swallowed convulsively. "You know..."

"No, I don't know," Alex growled.

"You two seem pretty hot and bothered," Frohike squeaked.

Alex flushed and he realized it was true. Garren had to no more than look in his direction and he went to him. They had fucked so many times, Alex was surprised he could even sit down, let alone walk. What the hell was he going to do when Fox returned. Garren sure as hell wasn't going to fade away into the background and Alex wasn't even sure he wanted him to. Every night he slept within Garren's embrace and woke to the big man loving him. It wasn't love though, Alex knew. He knew what love was. He hung his head down. "I don't know. You know I love Fox don't you, Frohike?" He couldn't believe that he was even asking this. But this was one of Fox's friends. If Frohike believed it than maybe Fox would too.

"Yeah, I know, Krycek. Everyone knows... of course Dana thinks you don't... I mean not anymore, what with the way you and Garren are so tight, but me and the Gunmen..."

"Dana doesn't believe that I love him?" Alex gasped. Shit. If she didn't then he was doomed. Even if Fox did he would follow Dana's example. "Shit, what has she said?"

Krycek looked so lost that Frohike felt sorry for him. For the first time he actually realized how young the assassin was. He put a hand on Krycek's shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "Don't sweat it, Krycek, she hasn't said much, just the regular 'what in the hell is he doing' type comment. You know when you and the big guy go off and make all that racket at night... in the morning... you know

Alex groaned. "I don't know what's wrong with me. If I'm not worrying about Fox, I'm... well with Garren. Shit. You know what? I don't even deserve him," Alex spat. There was a look of total clarity on his face.

"Who?"

"Fox!" Alex barked out. "Who did you think I meant... no forget I asked. It's obvious who you thought. Jesus. I should just leave with Garren now and spare Fox all of it." He jumped off the car and Frohike looked at him as if he'd gone mad. "What? You think Fox would like to see his lover acting like a bitch in heat? You think he would want me anyway when he finds out what I've done? He'll... hate me." He saw a group of men approaching but for the first time in a long time he didn't really see them, didn't measure up their potential threat.

"No, he won't hate you, Krycek. It's obvious that Garren has some hold over you. Mulder will understand... heck he might even find a way to get Garren to leave!" Frohike didn't want his buddy to go. He knew that it would devastate Mulder. "Mulder loves you, you know. He..."

"So, what do we have here?" one of the approaching men called out playfully, a look of intent appreciation on his face. "You know, I do believe it is one of the two sweethearts from the night of the big bash." He smiled at Krycek and held out his hand. "My name's Joey, and I sure want to get to know you. All of us do."

Alex groaned this he didn't need right now. He ignored the offered hand and raised one black brow. "Joey? Why don't you kiss my ass!"

Joey grinned and cracked his knuckles. His hands were huge and covered with a generous smattering of bright red hair. "Oh well, what a nice idea. Why don't I kiss your little ass?" He looked to his two companions. "Brad, Ray, sweetie here wants me to kiss his ass, what d'ya think I should do boys?"

The smallest of the three snickered and spit a wad of phlegm onto the ground. "I think you should do as he asks. He obviously wants it. Remember how he was pawing up on that other pretty boy? Want me to kiss your ass too, sweetcheeks? Just say, Ray, please kiss my ass... I'll be all over it."

Alex smiled, "Yeah, Ray. Why don't you kiss my ass too?"

Frohike cleared his throat and tried to inject a little rational thinking into the mix. "We don't want any trouble guys. But you can have some if you like." He pushed back the edges of his vest to reveal his two deadly gals. "As you can see, I'm packing," he said smugly. He gave a little gasp as he was tugged toward the third man and relieved of his weapons in short order. Alex groaned behind him and Frohike shrugged helplessly. "They got the drop on me, Krycek," he offered. He wasn't too worried. Krycek could take care of it now. He had done his part.

"You have a nice mouth, but I want him," Brad said, tossing one of the guns aside and holding onto one. He had a hard face and a newly broken nose. A Shark's cap covered his head, but the hair beneath was too long and grimy. "You know, pretty," he said, looking back to Alex, "I tried to make your little friend from the party play nice with me and some of my other pals, but he wanted to play hard to get. When he gets back from wherever the hell he is, you can tell him what he missed out on

Alex narrowed his eyes, "What the fuck are you talking about?" He wanted to just get it over with and take these idiots out, had in fact been ready to so before the third man had spoken.

"Your pretty friend, I was romancing him the other day, but he didn't want to play. Maybe he was sore from playing with you." All three men chuckled at that.

"Yeah I bet he was sore. I bet this one fucked him all night long after the party. He sure looked like he wanted to be fucked," Joey laughed. In truth he couldn't imagine another time in his life when he'd wanted someone more than he wanted this man and his pretty companion. There was something so... so slutty about them... something so hot... like they were made to be fucked, made to please a man. He knew some of the women would disagree with him, because he'd heard them talking about the two pretties and the three strangely attractive men they were with. It didn't make sense to him, but he wasn't going to spend one more blue-balled moment wondering how a straight man could lust after another man. He just wanted him that was all he knew.

Alex had the guy on the ground and Frohike's gun pointed to his suddenly shocked face in seconds. Frohike nodded at the remaining two. "I warned you," he sighed.

"What did you do to him, fucker? Did you touch him? Did you?" Alex was almost glad to have this scene. He needed it somehow. It made him feel like he was in control if only for this moment.

"I didn't do nothing. He was asking for it, sitting there in the library all alone and so pretty... but I swear we didn't do anything," Brad whined, he was breathless in fear. How could someone so pretty be so fast, so strong?

"Asking for it?" Alex growled. "What'd he do, flip a page in a boring book too sensually? Or was it the way he pushes his glasses up when he reads something he finds interesting?" The image of Fox doing just that, or falling asleep on his desk reading was a painful reminder of what he had lost.

"He was just there, smelling so good, looking so hot... please don't shoot... he wanted it. You know, he was moaning and stretching while you touched him that night in front of God and the world... he wants it," the man repeated desperately.

"He's my fucking lover, you piece of shit. You think because he wants me that makes him open season to any guy with a hard dick? Do you?"

"No!" Brad gasped, "No, we just wanted some fun... you are so pretty... can't I just kiss you?"

Alex was shocked. Here the guy was with a gun to his head and he was talking about kissing him! He heard Frohike gasp and saw that the second gun had been placed to the little man's head by Joey. He tensed, thinking of how intent Joey was on pulling the trigger. He didn't now when he had started to care what happened to Fox's odd friends but he did, Frohike especially. He turned his gun to train it on Joey. "You step away from him," he commanded. "I'm going to get up and the three of you are going to leave."

"I'll shoot him, pretty as he is, if you don't put down that gun and lay on your stomach," Joey barked as he put the little man between Alex and himself. "I mean it, Alex," he ordered. He loved the way the green-eyed man's name sounded. Everyone knew his name. Everyone wanted to touch him, to have him look at them with something other than cold disinterest. He was going to be the one to make Alex come harder than he'd ever come. He knew it. Alex would love him after he got a taste of what he had for him. He'd make him love him.

Alex calculated the odds of getting to Frohike before the bastard actually shot him and he cursed silently as he set the gun down and slid off the big man beneath him onto his stomach in the dirt.

"Get them handcuffs we brought to play with," Joey ordered. He watched as Ray jumped to place the handcuffs on the beautiful man's hands and he rubbed his crotch. "Oh yeah, now we're going to play." He pushed at Frohike and the smell of the little man made him hotter, but he would get a piece of that later. "Go on, boy, get in that car there and stay out our way."

Frohike shook his head, "No way, I'm not leaving. Sh-shoot me if you want, but I'm not l-leaving."

"Oh so you want to watch us fuck him? Sure thing, cutie, you can watch. Watch and learn." To his companions he said, "Take off his pants. Let's see his ass."

"Alex, do you think you might want to tell me where you are going more often? Or do you just like pretending that everything is as it was?"

Alex groaned, recognizing Garren's voice. He would never convince Garren that he was in control, but he had been. As soon as Frohike was out of the line of fire he had intended to take them out. He didn't need his hands to deal with this scum.

"Hey, get your own, big guy, this piece is ours now," Joey growled as Garren leaned against the very car Frohike had been directed to. He swallowed his fear down. The man was huge, but they had guns.

"Oh is he now?" Garren said calmly, that calm belied in the light of fury in his eyes. "What makes him yours, just for sake of conversation of course," he continued.

"Oh for Christ's sake," Alex seethed. Just what he needed, Garren wanting to toy with these guys.

"'Cause he is," the Shark fan spat. "Finders keepers, losers weepers," he taunted inanely. "You lost him, we found him. Now he's ours." To emphasize his point Brad placed one booted foot over Alex's ass.

"I know you can get up, cat, do so and take your little friend with you. I don't think you want to be here anymore," Garren said gently. He didn't want his mate to see the violence if he could help it. His little cat had seen so much already in his very young life.

The man whose foot rested on Alex, put more weight on him. "He ain't goin anywhere, mister," Brad sneered. "He's gonna stay here and get fucked."

Garren narrowed his eyes and with sure speed he descended on the foolish human, knocking him back and away from his mate. He bent to bring Alex to his feet, running a gentle hand down the bound arms, blue eyes searching jade, bending down to kiss the top of Alex's head, smelling the scent of anger though no fear. He almost chuckled, but it was his mate's misguided courage that had allowed him to be mauled by these men.

Alex closed his eyes and pulled away from Garren with a slight roll of his eyes. "Stop smelling me," he growled. He looked at Frohike who was just realizing that they were on top again. He had to smile at the look on the little man's face, it was a mix between triumphant and confused, his glasses were askew and his hair, what little of it there was at the top, was standing up in wild tufts.

"Go on, Alex, later we'll discuss the wisdom of you going off alone. For now I think I'll teach these men not to touch what is mine." Garren trailed his gaze over his mate's face, the dirt clinging to the smooth skin a reminder of what these men had planned to do. He restrained his rage with effort. His hand reached out to touch that pretty face, but Alex made his sound of disapproval, a little hiss between clenched teeth.

"I do not need you to fight my battles, Garren, I was doing fine without you," Alex said wearily. It reminded him too much of he and Fox arguing. Only in this case, he really could take care of himself and Fox needed help despite all his 'I'm a full-grown man and an agent to boot' shit.

"Go, Alex, before I decide another punishment is called for," Garren threatened.

"I am not going to be in danger from a bunch of yahoos..."

"Alex!" Garren warned.

"He's right, Garren... we can take care of things from here," Frohike stated. He hitched up his pants and patted at his chest a bit before remembering that his girls had been taken from him. He and Alex would teach the bastards a lesson. As soon as Alex got those cuffs off.

For one moment Garren stared at the strange little man, a look of surprise on his face. "You can stay if you like, little man, but Alex will leave."

Frohike looked to Alex just as the smallest of the three would-be rapists made to grab at Alex. Frohike stumbled back in fear as Garren descended on the encroaching man with a strange growl. Garren grabbed Ray and had the little man up and off the ground dangling wildly from one large hand. Ray was desperately trying to peel away the fingers of Garren's hand from his neck. His legs kicked uselessly.

Garren ignored him for one last moment. "Go, Alex. Now!"

Brad leapt to his friend's aid and Garren batted him away like an annoying fly. The man flew back, landing so hard his cap flew off. Joey grabbed up Frohike's discarded gun and pointed it at Garren, trembling when the man just smiled at him. "You'll be sorry you messed with us, kid," he promised in a voice gone suddenly soprano.

"Uh, Alex, maybe we should regroup... closer to Antonio," Frohike hissed. He could swear that Garren's teeth were getting longer. He grabbed at Alex's arm and started to tug on him. He saw ten other men coming toward them and he shook at Alex, "No! Look! They have reinforcements!"

Alex looked and his eyes quickly returned to Garren. "You'll probably want us to run now, huh?" He was decidedly disgruntled.

Garren shook the little human in his grasp, just a bit, "No, cat, they are here to take you back to the cabin," Garren grinned at Alex's expression. Oh, why had he never taken a mate before? Especially one as contrary as his Alex

Alex almost blew at that, but when Garren began to change Frohike pulled on him with such force he was almost pulled off his feet. "Frohike," he growled in warning.

"We are so out of here," Frohike squeaked as the skin on Garren's face began to ripple.

Joey began to shoot wildly, turning to aim back over his shoulder as he ran away. Alex knocked Frohike to the ground to avoid the bullets. Frohike raised his eyes off the ground, his glasses askew, his mouth working in soundless terror as half of Ray was thrown in front of he and Alex. Severed in half by some terrible force Ray's upper torso and head flopped for a brief moment before laying still. "Oh... okay... oh okay," he whispered, shuddering.

Alex heard a scream and the gunfire suddenly stopped. He pushed at Frohike and while the little man's eyes were trained to the corpse he was easily moved. "Get the keys, Frohike," Alex urged, but Frohike just kept staring at Ray's corpse. Alex slid to his feet and looked to see that Garren was fully changed and dragging Joey back toward his dead companion. The ten pack members were changing from human to wolf and back again, the sight more frightening than anything else Alex had seen. They circled around Brad and he was blubbering like a baby, begging for God to save him. "The keys," he hissed.

Frohike shook his head as he knew very well where the keys were, in the front pocket of Ray's shirt pocket. "Okay," he whispered, the words belying his shaking head. He made to move toward the dead man, but a wolf grabbed up the torso, blood draining wildly in crimson arches that splattered Frohike and Alex with a hot shower. When the wolf tore into the still-warm throat, Frohike was up and pulling on Alex. "Forget the keys," he screamed as he tore off, one hand clutched to Alex's T-shirt. He pulled so hard that Alex stumbled and a wolf tore the little man away from Alex with a threatening growl.

"Go now, cat," Garren seethed, the smell of blood and the lingering smell of the men's lust a maddening mixture. "GO!" he roared as his cat still seemed to disobey. With one look at the offending wolf it slinked away from Frohike.

Alex looked to Frohike who was frantically waving his hands in a desperate, 'come on' gesture and he finally fled, his arms still manacled behind him. Almost immediately the screams of Joey and Brad began.

"Where is Antonio when you need him?" Frohike huffed as his legs churned furiously to keep up with Alex.

Alex just glared at the little man. Frohike was much too involved in serpentining his way away from the sounds of screaming to notice, but Alex heard the sound of pursuit. He looked over his shoulder to see the ten wolves close behind, but not trying to overtake them. He was going to kill Garren, the wolves really were escorting him. He slowed then and Frohike slowed with him.

"What is it?" he gasped.

"Why are we running?" Alex complained.

"Because... hello... Garren told us to get out and he was growing hair and teeth at the time!" Frohike asserted with a look at Alex that clearly bespoke of his growing concern for Alex's sanity.

Alex was kept from responding to that when Antonio appeared in front of them. He had time to open his mouth to gasp before he and Frohike were grabbed and then dizzying darkness. The world spun and his stomach heaved until he found himself on his knees inside Antonio's cabin.

"Antonio, what in the world?" Scully asked as she hurried over to the three men.

Maggie Scully rose from her position on the couch and set her cup of tea aside as she made her way to Antonio's side. She placed one, cool hand on his bare arm. "Dear, maybe you should get dressed," she suggested, her eyes travelling over his still wet, nude frame.

Antonio grinned and returned to the bathroom where the shower was still running. He had been rinsing out the shampoo in his thick hair when he had felt the call of his sweet, little man, Frohike.

Scully inspected Alex first until she was satisfied that the blood covering him was not his own. She was nodding at the appropriate moments as Frohike regaled her with the tale of his and Alex's battle. She looked into Alex's tired eyes and said, "I don't suppose you have the keys for these do you, Krycek?"

He closed his eyes and shook his head. Why was it when people were upset with him, he reverted to Krycek? He knew without asking that Scully was upset with him because of Garren... or more precisely because of his behavior with Garren. The concern she had for him was evident in the gentle little touches on his arms as she tried to figure out how to get off the handcuffs, but she was above all things, loyal to Mulder. And if she saw a possible problem for him she would automatically try to erase it. He only hoped she didn't think that meant erasing Alex from his life.

Antonio came out of the back rooms, an olive green robe wrapped negligently about him. "Though you look lovely on your knees, Alex, I think you would prefer to be released from those," he chuckled as with a small click the manacles fell off.

Frohike looked out the window and gave a small whoop of excitement. "Wait 'til I tell the guys about this, Krycek!" With that he opened the door and hurried over to meet Langly and Byers who had just bicycled back from the town. "Guys, you want to hear something wild?" he asked before the door swung shut behind him.

Alex flexed his arms and stood, he looked at Scully and found her eyes trained on him.

"Want to tell me what happened, Krycek?" she asked.

Though she stood casually, Alex could just see her with her arms akimbo, her small foot tapping out an impatient rhythm. "Some men from the town wanted to play a game with Frohike and I... they... got distracted and Antonio appeared out of nowhere and here I am. End of story." He looked at Maggie Scully who was shaking her head with a peeved look on her face.

"Don't forget about the wolfmen running after you, pretty," Antonio grinned.

Scully's mouth tightened at that. "Let me guess, the wonderful Garren was part of this." Her eyes were glittering dangerously.

"He came after... well he killed the men, at least one anyway," Alex explained with a tone that suggested he would rather not go into it further.

Maggie sighed at all the weirdness that surrounded her. How many people had come up to her to ask about Dana, the three cute Gunmen, and Alex and Fox? If that wasn't bad enough, it didn't look like anyone cared for common decency anymore. They could care less that she was Dana's mother, they just kept talking about her as if she were some sort of sex goddess... and the things they said about Mulder! It was just disgusting! Now this poor dear had been handcuffed and dallied with, it was enough to make any mother furious. "That's enough, you two," she scolded, her raised brow directed at both Antonio and Dana. "Alex here has been through an ordeal, he doesn't need to explain anything." She bustled over to Alex and grasped his arm firmly, marching him toward the door. "You are going to go take a shower, you're filthy... then you are going to take a little nap." She held up her free hand and shook her finger in Alex's face. "No arguments, I don't want any arguments. Just go on now." She walked him to the bottom of the three wooden steps and patted his face. "You just hang in there, Alex, everything will be fine. You'll see."

Alex nodded, oddly unable to work up any irritation at being treated like a child by the older woman. She gave his face another little pat and he walked off to do as she had bidden. His own mother had used to stroke his face before he fell asleep, kissing both he and his lucky baseball cap that lay on his pillow beside him. He could just picture her face as she dimmed the lights those nights when he had not wanted them turned completely off. How long had it been since he thought of her, thought of her loving him? For the first time in his adult life he wondered if they, his parents, had really given him to the Consortium as the man who'd come to him first in his tiny, barren, new room, had said. He entered the cabin, the one that he still wanted to think of as his, Skinner's and Fox's, and he walked to the bathroom to start the shower. As he undressed his mind wandered back to those last days at home. There had been no indication that they thought they were never going to see him again. His father had argued with him over his not doing his chores... had told him that he better get the backyard lawn mowed that weekend or he could just forget going to the movies with his friends. Why would he say that if he knew Alex would be taken that night? He felt a sharp stab of pain hit him and he sank to his knees under the hot water. They hadn't known! They had probably gone crazy when he had disappeared. Oh God, all these years hating them and he never once considered that he had been lied to from the beginning.

"I'll kill, you bastard," he swore, his oath lost in steam and tears. He watched the blood swirl down the drain and he lowered his face to his knees, wrapped his arms about his legs and cried as the memories assailed him.

Garren found him like that, huddled under the water and shaking. All thoughts of scolding him on the merits of caution fled as he crouched down next to his mate. He frowned as he patted Alex's smooth shoulder, he could scent the grief and he wondered at its cause. Was it his little cat missing his fox? "What is it, Alex?" he asked as softly as he could. He was rewarded with a glare and directions to hell, but he simply stayed crouched beside his mate, until the shaking form stilled and Alex raised angry eyes to him

"Can't I have any time alone?"

Gruffness was his cat's way of denying tender emotion. He tilted his head. "Of course, but you are not wishing to be alone, cat, you need to know that you aren't alone." Garren cupped Alex's face in one, large hand and tilted the pretty face up. "Why are you upset? I know those foolish men did not upset you... they should have, but they didn't... and we can discuss that later... but you are hurting and I... I don't like it. You'll stop now."

Alex raised a glossy brow and almost smiled at the look on Garren's face, he fully expected to be obeyed on that edict. "I... I am angry... not sad," he lied.

"Think you that I can't smell the difference, cat? I know what your anger smells like, this is hurt. Tell me what hurts and I'll..."

"You'll what? Tear it apart?" Alex shook his head. "You can't help me, Garren. And really, I don't want you to. Can't you see that?" He rose then and for once he nearly towered over the crouched form of (his mate) Garren. That minor victory was snuffed out as Garren rose to his feet, a perplexed frown on his face.

"You will stop hurting or tell me how to fix it now, Alex!" He was angered by his mate's hurt, wanted to tear something to bits to end it. And he wanted to shake the beauty until he let him help him.

"Okay. You want to help me?"

"Haven't I already said that?" Garren growled in his most frightening voice.

"Fine. Take me back in time and give me my family back," Alex hissed trying to hold on to the anger and keep the awful pain enclosed deep within. "If you can't do that, then get the hell out of my way."

Garren pulled Alex to him in a fierce embrace. "I can only tell you that I am your family now. I can't do more than that." It was an admission that cost Garren. He could do most anything, would do most anything for Alex, but that he couldn't do this one thing for him made him ache. He didn't like it, didn't like it at all.

Alex let himself be held, but it was Fox's arms that he longed for. He rested his face on Garren's nude chest and suddenly chuckled. "You're hell on clothes aren't you?"

Garren frowned at the question. Was his cat being humorous? Was he joking with him? It was hard to tell. Joking was not something he was completely familiar with. Wondering what best to say he nodded, "Yes. I am hell on them."

Alex started to laugh then at Garren's rigid, serious response.

His mate was hysterical, Garren decided. He picked him up with one arm and opened the shower door with the other. Alex was still chuckling as Garren lay him on the big bed.

"Skinner's going to kill you for getting his mattress wet," Alex predicted. "Hell, he'll kill you anyway for..." His words were cut off as Garren's mouth captured his in a fierce kiss. His heart began to pound erratically. What had Garren done to him? What could make him want so badly to sink beneath Garren's touch and succumb to the intensity of his embrace?

Garren felt his cat fall into pleasure and a small purr was humming in his chest under Garren's hands. He kissed every part of him, luxuriating in the changed scent, the sweet taste of perfected flesh. Though he knew Alex to be in his thirties he looked more than a decade younger. How would anyone ever respect his mate's claims of being dangerous when he looked like a fresh-faced college kid? He would have to spend the rest of Alex's life protecting him. The prospect of that was not unusual, it was the way of the pack to protect a mate unto the death, but no wolf had ever had a changed human for a mate, it wold make protecting him that much more difficult. Even humans would want him, to say nothing of the hunters from the other places. He let his mind forget his troubles and just enjoyed Alex writhing beneath him. He growled in passion as Alex's fingers raked long furrows down his back.

"My little scratching cat," he whispered in Alex's ear.

"I want... I want to taste you," Alex begged, his eyes alight with all the fire of a passion he would deny as soon as it was spent.

Garren groaned and pulled away from Alex. He leaned back on his heels and watched with eyes that burned as Alex scrambled to his knees before him. Garren traced the wet lips with one thumb, slowly, gently until Alex sucked the thumb into his mouth and sucked on it, staring into Garren's eyes all the while.

"You're so beautiful, my little cat, so perfect," Garren's words were barely audible, whispered with awe.

Alex slid his mouth off Garren's finger and bent over his huge erection. It was so perfect... so big... all for him. He whimpered then, needing to taste it before it claimed him once more. He lapped greedily at the head, tasting the clear fluid and trembling with lust. Garren's groans above him drove him crazy, he wanted more of those moans to serenade him. His mouth stretched wide to receive the head and his eyes slid up along the massive, muscled chest to clasp gazes with the blue topaz above. One of Garren's hands was caressing Alex's face as he sucked on the sweet flesh. His own erection was painful on his belly, throbbing with every lap of his tongue on Garren. Garren pushed him away and turned on his back bringing Alex with him to lie atop the bigger body. Garren's legs bent over the edge of the bed and his head was halfway up the mattress, his pupils dilated so that they appeared almost as black as Antonio's

"Come up to me, cat," Garren commanded huskily.

Alex slid upwards, pausing to kiss those ripe lips once before Garren's hands clasped Alex's hips and pulled him upward. The strength in those hands, the awesome strength thrilled Alex and he whimpered as his cock was slurped into Garren's mouth. He twisted his hands into the sheets, his face pressed into the cotton as his hips were raised and lowered by Garren's hands. He moaned as Garren fed himself on Alex's cock, pushing the hips up to slide the cock out and then lowering him down once more. The fierce sucking soon had Alex writhing, not even trying to help Garren with the movement, he lay slack as his body was manipulated wonderfully. He felt his gut tighten and his legs went rigid as hips were moved faster and faster, until he screamed his completion, spent and boneless.

Garren swallowed all that his mate offered, relishing the thick taste, the sweetness of it. He let his mate rest while he wet his own cock. There was already copious amounts of slippery pre-cum oozing from his rigid flesh and he spread that about, groaning as his fingers slid over the sensitive head. He moved Alex into position and scooted further up the bed so he could place his feet on the mattress. He lowered Alex's tight heat over him and let the pretty body sag back against his upraised legs. He stroked Alex's chest until Alex began to lick his lips at the sensation of being skewered on the massive cock and then Alex began to move, his wet organ coming to life once more.

"That's it, cat, you feel so sweet," Garren crooned as Alex rode him. "I... I love you, Alex," he breathed, more surprised than Alex at the utterance of those simple words. Simple to say, but utterly engulfing to mean. Love? What did he know of it? He only knew that he wanted Alex like no other, craved even the smallest smile. He would do anything for him. Anything. And that was a scary, engulfing word too.

xx

McClellan Air Force Base
Sacramento, California
Day Seventeen
Hour 1200

"Sir, we haven't seen Mulder in nearly two weeks, but Krycek is still there."

Spender listened in to the conversation between the soldiers who had infiltrated Fort Bragg and the command center in Sacramento. His fingers clenched as the name of his assassin was uttered. "What is Krycek doing? Ask him," he commanded the soldier who sat next to him in front of the radio. It was only the alien technology that allowed them to continue using the otherwise defunct machines. And it was for that technology that they were once again embroiled in negotiations with their allies. Agent Mulder for a billion lives and resources, what would the noble agent think of that?

"Pastor, what is the status of Krycek?" the soldier asked obediently.

"His status is changed. He is now... partnered with one of the wolves."

"What does he mean partnered?" Spender growled.

"Explain," the soldier asked.

"He is the lover of one of the wolves. Sir? I think this wolf has some type of control over the others. We haven't seen many wolves change within what must be Skinner's territory, but they change on command when this Garren asks."

Spender frowned. "Ask him why they haven't brought Krycek here yet?"

When the soldier asked the question he was met with a momentary silence. "Sir, with all due respect, I don't think we are going to get very close to him... even with Skinner gone. We have yet to find Krycek alone, and anyone who approaches him is quickly under observation from not only the Italian but every wolf in the vicinity. Sir, if we try to take him, we'd have to expect failure."

Spender stood and lit a cigarette. "This is unacceptable." He looked up as Bill Mulder came into the small communications room. "Bill, we have a situation. Our men can't get close to Krycek and your son and Skinner have still not returned."

Bill narrowed his eyes. "We don't have much time. Murdoch has already organized and in that has destroyed nearly half of our installations east of the Rockies. Our allies are growing restive. If they leave... they take their technology with them."

"How," Spender asked. "They can't find it all."

Bill gazed at him, "And when the power source is expired? What then, my eager friend?"

Spender sighed. It was true. While the aliens could not strip them of all the technology, they had never revealed how to duplicate their power source. They would only do so when they had their bounty.

"If we cannot get our hands on my sweet son, then it is perhaps time to think of the alternative." He turned and left he room with Spender trailing behind.

"What alternative?" Spender eyes narrowed with speculation and he smiled. "A duplicate?"

"Yes."

"But won't Murdoch be able to tell the difference? We know that the event changed some humans. While we have the ability to clone your son..."

"Don't be coy, Spender, you and I both know you already have. I know a few dead men who have purchased them from you as well. Did you think I would let you play the pimp with my son... even if it were just clones?"

Spender flushed and said nothing.

"We will have to get a sample from my son when he returns with Skinner from wherever they have gone. If it is one thing I know, it is that my son would never leave his sweet partner alone for long. Add to that his new... attachment to the assassin you long for and you have a definite that Fox will return. When he does I want a blood sample. No time to waste. I don't care how many men we lose. Am I understood?"

Spender nodded. "Understood. Bill?"

"Yes?"

"Won't we do well to get samples from all the changed humans? We could use them... it is apparent that they are valuable in this new world."

"We will have time later for that, Spender. For now we just need a sample of my son's. It is he that Murdoch will deal for."

Spender slowed and allowed Bill Mulder to walk away from him. It was the best plan at the moment, but he would not really be satisfied with a duplicate of Alex. It was the very nature of the man that he craved as much as that beautiful face and body. Alex was a killer, one of the best he had ever seen. Utterly without remorse and dedicated to his task. Such restrained violence, such power to control one such as he. He promised himself that one day soon he would once again taste that sweet flesh in his mouth, taste the semen that would spurt out while Alex remained coldly silent. He sucked on his cigarette and thought of that glorious day.

xx

Day Eighteen
Hour 1330

"Where are we?" Fox asked. He was standing beside the big man who had taken him from Mikhail that night not so long ago. At first he had fought the big man, Walter, but as the first wakeful day under the sun had worn on, he had begun to realize that he knew this man, though he could not place why. He also became clear enough to understand that Mikhail had lied to him, had been some sort of monster. It wasn't an easy understanding. He still longed for Mikhail. Not the creature that he could become, but the beautiful young man who looked at him with such intense eyes.

"Just south of Eureka, California," Walter replied. He watched Fox for any indication that his memory was returning. When he had first tried to pound the memories into Fox, Fox had cradled his head and cried in pain. Whatever the vampire had done, it was clear that Fox would have to remember on his own. For now it was enough that Fox seemed to accept him, even so far as to cuddle up to him the second night. Walter had been unable to resist claiming the pretty body once more and his pulse pounded as he recalled how passionate Fox had been, straddling him in the open air and riding in untamed rhythm until they both had come screaming. He knew he should just take him immediately to Alex's side, he could sense his little assassin not so far away, but he had hoped that Fox would remember everything before he saw Alex. What would Alex do when he realized that even the mention of his name did not so much as make Fox blink?

It was becoming obvious to him that Fox might not remember any time soon. While he had accepted Walter, had in fact become quite attached to him again, he seemed to have no eagerness to return to a place where he was told everyone knew him. Walter knew that Fox was frightened of returning. Even still Fox's next words startled him.

"Why don't we not go back?"

"What?" Walter asked, amazed.

"I don't want to go back! I don't know the people you are talking about! I just want to be with you," Fox's voice was harsh almost angry.

"Trust me, Fox, you'll want to be back among them. They are your friends, they care about you as I do."

"I know, you keep telling me that. I don't even know who I am! How can I hope to know them?"

"But, you love them, Fox. You would never forgive me if I kept you from them," Walter assured, trying to imagine the day when, if he did as Fox asked and stayed away, Fox remembered his love for Alex and hated him for keeping him from that love.

"You love Alex," Fox accused.

"Yes, I do," Walter sighed. They had been over this many times. Walter had not lied to Fox about Alex, just left out a few important details about Fox's feelings for the assassin. He didn't want to overwhelm him, he told himself. Though he had to admit, it was nice having Fox's affections so firmly settled on him alone. It wouldn't last he knew. Fox would remember Alex in time and the two would continue their great love affair, but maybe, just maybe Fox would love Walter as much as he did at this moment. Regardless of his own fantasies, he had to get back to Alex.

"Why don't you just leave me here and go to him? I don't want to go." Fox didn't mean it, he really did want to stay with Walter, but this Alex could be a problem. He heard the tired sigh next to him and he walked down to the bank of the lake they had stopped to sleep beside. Everything was crazy now. Walter had made machines start that Fox had been unable to. Lighting stores they entered to pick up gear or food, powering the red Ford Explorer that they used to drive south in, though no other vehicle moved on the road. At first Walter had driven around abandoned vehicles before he had simply made them vanish. What was Walter anyway? He was a fantastic lover, gentle and attentive, but he could do things that Fox knew in his heart were not possible.

"Fox, you will be glad I brought you to them," Walter said from behind him.

"I don't like Fort Bragg," he insisted, though he was completely without memory of it.

"Well that is fine, because we are all moving on as soon as you are recovered," Walter said smoothly as he ran his big hands over Fox's shoulders.

"I don't care, and I don't need to recover. I'm fine," Fox insisted.

"Then we won't be in Fort Bragg for long, will we

Fox sighed. He wasn't really upset about seeing the people, who Walter assured him were his friends, but he had become rather possessive of the big, handsome man and he didn't want to share him with this Alex. He was determined to sit this other man down and explain things to him. Walter was his! That was that. Alex would just have to deal with it. He looked over his shoulder as Walter left him to gather up Fox's coat. You'll love me, he promised to himself. You'll love only me and you will forget all about Alex. The vow to himself made him smile. Walter was obviously in love with him. How could this Alex be a problem? Walter smiled at him and Fox smiled back, his hands going up to toy with the nipple rings still under his shirt. Walter had been horrified when Fox had insisted that he liked them, but had allowed them. Fox frowned then as he remembered Walter's words then. "Alex will hate them," Walter had warned, not knowing that those words solidified Fox's decision to keep the gold rings on.

"I think we should just dispense with the Ford and go right now, Fox. You aren't going to remember anytime soon and I think we have left Alex alone far too long."

Again with Alex! Fox glared at Skinner as the big man wrapped his arms about him. He opened his mouth to protest but then there was only darkness and he felt a dizzying spin to the world.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Eighteen
Hour 1340

Skinner chose to appear in front of the Gunmen as he didn't want to shock Alex with the sudden appearance of Fox. The Gunmen were gathered around the table inside their little trailer eating steak and cheese sandwiches. Byers saw them first and his sandwich fell to the plate.

"Are you done with that, because I could eat it for you," Langly offered, eyeing the fallen delicacy.

"Mulder!" Byers gasped. Langly and Frohike turned quickly, the shock on their faces melting away into shining delight as they spied their friend.

"Mulder! Mulder, you're back!" Langly crowed as he and Frohike struggled to get out from the small confines of the dinette table.

Byers made it to the stunned man before his friends and he wrapped his arms about Mulder's waist fairly jumping for joy. "Oh, Mulder, wow! You're back!"

Mulder looked at Skinner who was just smiling. There was something vaguely familiar about the three men, but he had no time to think as the two other men joined in the fray. He felt like he was going to be squashed as the three men fought for position around him all the while speaking at once.

Skinner stepped forward and separated Fox from the giddy Gunmen and he held up a hand. "Listen to me, Fox has had an ordeal... he needs to rest."

"Oh, of course. You can stay here," Langly offered as he looked about for a place for Mulder to sit. "You can rest while we tell you all about everything!"

"And you do not want to hear about Garren and Alex," Frohike advised, his face a serious, nodding mask.

"What do you mean? What about Alex and Garren?" Skinner growled.

"Well they are tight now," Langly informed.

"They are," Byers seconded. "Where Garren goes, Alex follows... or is it opposite?"

"Definitely opposite," Frohike grunted.

"We'll just see about that," Skinner growled.

Fox patted his arm, "Don't worry, Walter, maybe Alex is happy with him."

"Huh?" Langly looked at Fox as if he had three heads.

"Yeah. Huh?" Frohike asked. The Gunmen looked at each other with wide eyes.

"He doesn't remember... anything," Skinner sighed.

"Except for us?" Byers was confused. It never occurred to him that Mulder might forget him.

"I don't remember you exactly," Fox said gently. He didn't want to hurt their feelings. "I mean you all seem familiar, but..."

"I'm taking him to the cabin now," Skinner said as he led Mulder to the door. "You all can come by later." With that he and Mulder left the trailer.

"Wow, he doesn't remember anything. I wonder what Alex will do?" Byers mused.

"Forget Alex, what will Red do?" Frohike sighed.

xx

Alex and Garren were on the beach. Alex wanted to swim, but Garren kept eyeing the water and shaking his head.

"I am an excellent swimmer, you know," Alex sighed. Garren had almost driven him to insanity and back again. He could better understand why Fox got so exasperated with him. The thoughts of his beautiful Fox hurt. Would Skinner ever bring him back to him? For all that he had grown to feel something for Garren, there was only one love in his heart. And he was going crazy without him, without seeing that gentle smile Fox reserved just for him.

"There is something in the water that I don't like," Garren said abruptly. He was about to tell Alex to strip for him when he picked up the unmistakable scent of the prince. His body responded immediately and he smiled at his cat. That would make Alex smile he knew. He opened his mouth to inform Alex that his little fox had been returned when he felt a force push at him. He growled and turned to see Skinner striding toward him.

Alex's first thought was to keep Skinner from hurting Garren and he held up his hand. "Skinner don't hurt..." Then his mind kicked into gear... Skinner was back that meant..."Fox!" he gasped. Without another thought he ran from Garren's side and practically plowed Skinner into the sand. "Where is he? Where's Fox?"

Skinner chuckled and kissed the red lips. "Hello to you too, Alex."

Alex didn't feel the slightest shame, Skinner knew who Alex really loved. "Where? Is? He?"

"In the cabin, but Alex... Alex he doesn't remember anything," Skinner sighed as Alex ignored him and raced away. Turning to Garren he shook his head. "I'll deal with you later," he promised and easily caught up with Alex. He pulled him to a halt and Alex glared at him. "Alex, listen to me. He doesn't remember anyone... he doesn't remember you. Please, I know you are excited to see him, but go easy."

Alex shook his head. "He'll remember me, Skinner."

"I hope so, assassin, I hope so."

Alex shrugged off the holding hand and hurried on his way. He rushed into the cabin and looked about wildly, his heart fairly thrumming out of his chest. Where was he? Oh God he wanted to see him. There. On the couch. Fox was reclining, his face turned to the door. Alex rushed to his side and fell to his knees beside him. "Oh God, Fox! Oh God, baby, you're back," his voice was trembling.

Fox stared at the man who was probably the prettiest thing he had ever seen and he knew he had never seen him before. He could never forget those green eyes, that pink, moist mouth. Of course the man seemed pretty sure he knew him. He gasped as his lips were covered with that tempting mouth and he scrambled up and away from the man.

"I think there has to be a mistake here..."

"Baby, it's me... Alex!"

Fox gasped. This was Alex? Oh shit. His confused look was replaced by a glare. "Alex? You're Alex?"

Alex frowned at the look on Fox's face. "Yes, don't you know me?" It was unthinkable that Fox was looking at him with that same distrusting look once more... that look that clearly broadcasted his belief that Alex was about to do something evil.

"No. No, I don't know you." Fox saw the hurt on that pretty face. This was supposed to be the one trying to keep Walter from him? He looked more like he wanted to be with him. He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I don't," he said more gently in deference to the young man's feelings.

Alex shook his head in denial. "No, no you do... you will."

Fox stood and put some distance between he and the beauty still on his knees. "Walter says that too."

"That you'll remember?" Alex whispered trying to restrain himself from going to his lover and shaking him.

"Yes. I don't even remember him and so how can I be expected to remember everyone else right away?"

Alex's head whipped about and he stood. "Why should you remember him above anyone else?"

"Because he is my lover of course," Fox frowned. Why did this young man make him so nervous, like a dangerous animal was stalking him.

"He told you he was your lover?"

"He is my lover," Fox insisted, the difference not subtle enough to escape Alex's notice.

"How long have you been with him?" Alex asked, his voice a deadly whisper.

Fox frowned at the fury that was barely contained in quiet tones. "Nearly four days. Why?"

Alex's jaw danced, the muscles beneath jittering in a mad twist. "Four days... and he told you what about me?"

Fox backed away a bit before he answered, the young man was obviously mad. "He told me that he loved you... that we had to get back to you."

Alex wasn't assuaged. "But what about how you feel about me?" He was trembling. Skinner had Fox for four days... had made love to him... had convinced him they were lovers and never once told Fox that Alex was Fox's lover? He wanted to kill the former AD.

"I... I guess that we both were his lovers... that we were friends."

"Friends?" Alex seethed.

"I think he was exaggerating," Fox ventured. He didn't see how he and this volatile man could be friends. "But I hear that you and this Garren are quite close."

"What!" Alex shouted. "Did he tell you that?"

Skinner entered at that moment. "No, Alex, the Gunmen told me that."

Alex spun on his heel and the look of fury on his face made Skinner sigh. "Alex, I told you not to upset Fox. Look at him!"

Alex turned to see Fox staring at him again with that look and he turned back to Skinner. "You bastard. You fucking bastard!"

"You can't talk to him like that," Fox hissed.

Alex calmed himself for Fox's sake. He turned pleading green eyes to meet the moss of his only love's eyes. "Fox, I'm sorry I upset you... I... I need some air." He shoved past Skinner with more force than necessary. He hissed, "I'll kill you for this."

Skinner sighed. He couldn't win. His attitude changed when Fox came to him and slid his arms about him. "He's... very volatile isn't he?"

Skinner chuckled and kissed the top of Fox's hair. "Oh that is what we both love about him, Fox. He's like some live wire, you never know when it's going to snap back and bite you."

"I think he's a bit crazy," Fox admitted. What he didn't say was that he thought Alex was the most exciting thing he had experienced yet. There was something about his eyes that Fox found soothing. Crazy in the face of the man's manic attitude.

"Don't let him upset you, Fox, he wouldn't hurt you for the world. Trust me. Now me... I think he'd happily slit my throat at this moment."

Fox looked up, confused, but Walter shushed him and led him to the bedroom. "You need some rest. I don't know where Scully is but I assure you, she'll poke and prod you to the moon and back when she finds out that you're back.

Fox let himself be led to the bed and he smiled flirtatiously as Walter helped him undress. He pouted when his hand was moved away from Walter's generous crotch.

"Not now, beautiful. Alex really would kill me." With that Walter left Fox alone.

He was going to find the pretty, crazy Alex, Fox knew. What if they made love? He turned onto his stomach and glared at the offensive pillow before he pummeled it into lumpless submission. "I don't know what is going on, but Walter is going to love me and only me." He tried to forget how good Alex smelled, how smoothly he moved. Whoever Garren was, he could have him. Even as he thought it, some unheralded jealousy burned at him. Something about the name Garren made him tense. He would have to talk to Alex again. Try to understand how someone who had seemed so sweet at first had turned wild when he found that Walter had made love... that was it! Alex was jealous! Well, he would just have to accept Walter's loss. He was too tired to continue this vein of thought and with one yawn he fell into blissful slumber.

xx

Part VI: Seduction of a Man
uvalley@msn.com

Outstanding Skinner AU
Honorable mention

09/15/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: Probably, but do you care?
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe After the events of The Changing, the world is ruled by magic and Mulder has to learn to find a role for himself in the new paradigm.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money... wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you. uvalley@msn.com
Website if applicable: http://www.slashingmulder.com/Author_N.htm
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, (but mostly near her home) Thanks to JoB, Cerulean and Michael for their beta and delicious ideas... keep 'em coming love.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]