Go to notes and disclaimers


The Alliance
by Czara (Nicole)

Chapter Four
Secrets of Desire


"It used to be the fun was in
The capture and kill.
In another place and time
I did it all for thrills.
Lust to love
Was the last thing I was dreaming of
And now all I want is just to love.
Lust turned to love."
"Lust to Love"
Go-Go's

Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
2045

Mulder heard both Walter and Alex screaming his name and he veered toward their voices. He could hear the wolf still attacking the winged creatures and yet the sharp sound of wings overhead alerted him to more of the creatures above him. Clawed hands grabbed his shoulders and began to tug him up. His feet were off the ground and the creature made a high-pitched sound of triumph as it began to lift Mulder higher. Mulder struggled for freedom and another creature grabbed him to try and lift him away from the first. Slashing claws came up as the two fought and Mulder barely missed having his face gouged. He saw a brief flash of Skinner and Alex rushing toward him in the dark through the flapping wings, before Alex leapt at him and grabbed his legs to pull him back down. The deepening twilight was illuminated as the creatures began to burn.

They burned slower than had the spider things on the beach, and took more energy to destroy, Skinner found as he downed four out of the dozens still filling the sky. He could sense the wolf, recognized him as the one who had taken Alex. What confused him was that the creature was killing the flying creatures with quick skill and in so doing, was helping Skinner protect his lovers. He brought down still more flying creatures as Alex and Fox struggled with the two fighting over Fox. Skinner concentrated on one of the things and it screamed as it was batted away from Fox.

Alex was able to get Fox back to the ground but the remaining creature turned on him with furious venom. It launched itself at him with teeth bared and claws slashing. Alex jumped back from it, but its claws scraped over his chest and he cried out. Fox tackled the creature and pinned it beneath him before it could make another run at Alex. He saw ten creatures swarming around Skinner and he cried out his name. Fox wanted to rush over and help Skinner until the wings shifted around Skinner and he saw the smile on his face and the glowing red eyes. He was enjoying this, Fox realized. He was enjoying the battle. In the second that he watched three of the ten rose high into the sky, trailing orange flames like a deadly banner, shrieking and batting their wings frantically. Another simply dissolved.

Fox was brought out of himself as Alex cried out in pain again. Another creature had tackled him and was trying to bite his throat. Before Fox could go to his aid there was a terrible sound that raised every hair on Fox's body. The creature was torn off Alex and literally torn apart by the massive wolf man. The wolf sniffed at the air, its eyes burning, its teeth covered with bits of flesh. It was so huge that it took up Mulder's full view. It seemed to smell something that angered it further and it leaped at Mulder and the creature he still held beneath him. Mulder cried out in fear as the beast descended on him and he let the creature go to roll out of the way. He gained his feet and back-pedaled quickly as the wolf pinned the creature under one massive paw and bent to smell the creature's claw which was stained with Alex's blood. Mulder watched amazed as it furiously shredded the creature, reducing it to small lumps of flesh and pieces of bone in less than a minute.

When he was grabbed and tugged on he turned to fight, until he realized it was Alex trying to pull him away from the melee. "Alex, what are they?" He cried out as two more dove around their heads.

"Fuck if I know," Alex gasped out, breathing heavily. "Baby, we have to run," Alex urged.

The wolf grabbed Alex before he could lead Fox away, and Alex cried out in anger as he was forced away from Fox, leaving him unprotected and vulnerable. He was pushed to the ground and covered by the massive wolf, just as his body recognized him. Garren. He heard Fox scream and he struggled to go to him, furious that Garren would keep him from protecting Fox.

Garren kept his body firmly pressed to his cat's. The Ascendant could fight off the rest; he was focussed solely on protecting his mate. He could still scent Alex's blood and it enraged him. His cat was struggling to go to the prince, but Garren would not let him. While the Schell would only abduct the prince, they would kill his mate. The Schell were completely un-sexual creatures and they wouldn't care how beautiful Alex was or how intoxicating he smelled... they would only want to serve Murdoch. His little cat struggled even harder as the prince screamed out his name. There was a desperation in that voice that Alex responded to. He couldn't get free of Garren, but Garren was impressed by his cat's strength.

"Fox! Dammit, let me go!" Alex shouted. "Fox!" Alex couldn't move, his body was covered by Garren's changed form. He heard Fox crying out to him and he screamed out his frustration at being unable to go to him. This was almost the worst thing Garren had done to him. Leaving Fox vulnerable to attack and then forcing Alex to listen to his cries. It was maddening.

The sounds of the Schell screaming and the wings beating overhead blended with the prince's cries and Garren held tighter still to his mate. "Skinner will protect him, cat," Garren soothed as best he could. He grimaced as the prince was knocked down and covered by a shrieking Schell, the lovely body being grabbed and lifted. Surely Alex could understand that it was Garren's responsibility to protect him. His claws hooked into a Schell that flew too close and it was immediately disemboweled. It fell, twitching to the ground and with a sweep of its own claws it swiped at Garren, its claws sweeping too close to Alex's face. Garren lunged forward with a terrible growl and bit the creature's head off, keeping a tight hold on Alex throughout. He could see that Skinner had taken care of most of the Schell and was standing next to the beautiful prince, his strong arms holding Fox to his chest. "Cat, Fox is safe, stop your thrashing," he growled out, the words broken upon razor-sharp teeth. He was impressed by the ascendant's strength. Surely as strong as Murdoch. Murdoch's advantage being his ability to control most of the creatures from the other places. And that advantage was enormous. He could smell the ascendant's exhaustion, and while he would not move to aid him and risk his mate's life, he knew Alex would be destroyed were the Schells able to complete their task and abduct the prince. He called his pack to him and they came, shifting into their wolf form despite their fear of the ascendant.

Skinner knew he was slowing losing strength. He had killed many dozens of the creatures and mortally wounded still a dozen more, but they kept coming from the sky, easily thirty more. He held tight to Fox as he concentrated on destroying them. Each kill was easier to do, once he had figured out how to kill them, but as he weakened it became harder to focus. He screamed in rage as he refused to acknowledge any defeat and ten more winged demons fell to the ground and dissolved. Fox was struggling against him and he knew that had everything to do with Alex being held by Garren. When he sensed the hundreds of wolves descend on him he thought for a moment to simply disappear with Fox, going to the side of one of the Gunmen or to Scully, but he would not leave Alex, he couldn't. When the wolves came, they surprised Skinner by tearing madly at the remaining Schell.

It was over in mere minutes. The Schell lay dead and the wolves circled, eyeing him warily. As suddenly as they had appeared the wolves abruptly faded back into the woods, many regaining human form as they disappeared into the darkness. He loosened his hold on Fox who immediately ran toward Alex and the great wolf holding him. He stopped Fox with a tired hold and Fox froze. Skinner moved to encircle him with his strong arms and used his remaining strength to push the wolf away from Alex. The wolf growled angrily and stood as Alex scrambled toward Fox and Skinner. Skinner let Fox go and kept his stare on the wolf as both Fox and Alex inspected one another, whispering little words of comfort as they touched each other solemnly.

"You have exactly one minute to leave," Skinner breathed trying to remain standing.

The wolf chuckled and changed into his human form. "You can't fight me, Skinner. You are weak and tired and my pack roams close, they will come despite their fear of your presence... and they will attack you. I am here for my mate, and I will not leave without him."

Skinner was stunned anew at the beauty of this creature. He towered over Skinner and his body was as powerfully built as any Skinner had ever seen. Shoulder length, golden hair fell on massive shoulders and his face was almost too beautiful to be real. Topaz blue eyes, wide and yet almond-shaped burned with intensity and full, pink lips were turned up in a mocking smile. Blood seeped red down Garren's narrow waist mingling with the white of the Schell's and his long, muscled thighs were covered with gashes from the winged creatures' attack.

"Cat, come to me," he whispered and Alex's head snapped up.

"I'll kill you first," Fox shouted, holding tight to his lover.

Suddenly Alex gasped and pulled away from Fox. "You're hurt!" he cried as he went to Garren. Fox and Skinner both stood with mouths agape as Garren allowed Alex to touch his wounds, a tender smile on his face. More surprising was Garren's tender touches on the blood-soaked shirt covering Alex's chest. The look on his face caught between unholy fury and almost painful tenderness, illuminated by the still burning corpses of the Schell.

"Alex?" Fox questioned.

Alex turned back to Fox and a cloud of confusion crept over his features. "He's hurt, Fox... I can't... we can't just let him bleed."

"He's left many a person to bleed, Alex," Skinner growled.

Alex jerked back at that, but said nothing.

Garren caressed the little cat's face and was about to assure him that the wounds were superficial, that they would heal rapidly, but he stopped himself and forced himself to sway a bit as if weakened. He hid a smile as Alex steadied him.

Alex stared at Fox, his eyes begging Fox to understand. Fox's eyes were wide and yet in the flickering darkness Alex could not read his expression.

Fox turned away and went in to Skinner's arms and was wrapped in the tender warmth of Skinner's embrace. "Let him help him, Walter. He did save me from those things," Fox whispered. His heart felt as if it were being compressed by some cold vice and he looked up into Walter's steady gaze. Red fire still burned in those intense eyes and yet in ways Fox cared not to understand, that redness at once comforted him and thrilled him.

"He is also the one who stole Alex and raped him, Fox," Skinner hissed.

Fox knew it without being told. And that the man... wolf... was so beautiful made Alex's unresolved feelings even clearer. How could he compete with that? "I know," he said quietly.

"Fox, baby..." Alex began, but Fox just nudged Skinner away, not looking at Alex again. Alex backed away from Garren, a tight expression on his face. "C'mon, I'll look at these wounds and then you are leaving without me." He turned, hurrying to catch up with Fox and Skinner. He could see the faintly red glow of Skinner's eyes and he was strangely comforted by that symbol of Skinner's strength.

Garren hid a smile. His mate was so naïve. How could he not know that Garren would never leave him? He let his pack move further away from the ascendant and followed his cat to the cabins.

Skinner kept turning to glare at Garren and to give Alex small, confused glances. It was utterly black but he could see perfectly as did Garren. He saw Garren carefully guide Alex over obstacles, much as he was doing with Fox and he fumed. Alex was his and once the wolf was tended to he would force him to leave. When the cabins came into view, the little yellow lights coming from the window, Fox pulled away from him and hurried inside. Skinner stood in the doorway and hesitated before letting Garren in.

"When you are tended you will leave," he growled.

Alex paused to run a soothing hand down Skinner's arm. "Don't worry, Skinner, he will."

Skinner looked Alex over, his eyes warm and brown once more. "Have Fox tend to you first, Alex, I won't have you waiting on him as you bleed." Skinner noted Garren's narrowing eyes and he could only pray that his full strength would return soon.

Fox stared at Garren for a few moments before he placed a hand on Alex's arm. "C'mon, Alex, let me see these," he said indicating the scratches on Alex's chest. White blood and bits of flesh still clung to Fox, a grisly reminder of the dead things in the forest. Skinner and Garren squared off uneasily as Fox led Alex to the kitchen.

Fox wouldn't meet his eyes as he removed the ruined shirt. Alex pursed his lips, determined to hurry this along so that he could talk to Fox and smooth things over. He would be damned if he let this... this feeling of attachment to Garren ruin what he had with Fox. Nothing would ever come between them. He wouldn't allow it. Fox hissed and made small distressed sounds when he uncovered the three gashes. Alex looked down at his wounds and then back up at Fox. "They aren't as bad as they look, baby," he murmured. He lifted one hand to Fox's gore streaked face. "You have to clean up too."

Fox nodded, still keeping his eyes from Alex. He wet a cloth and began to gently wash away Alex's blood, finding that Alex's prediction of their seriousness to be true.

"Baby, why won't you look at me?" Alex stilled Fox's hands. And when those eyes lifted to his they were filled with a lost look.

"I know you want to go with him... I can't..."

"You think I'd leave you?" Alex was truly stunned. That there was something that drew him to Garren was undeniable, but he loved Fox with all his soul, with everything that he was.

Fox nodded. It made Alex angry that Fox would think so little of his love. He was still Krycek, the Rat, the bastard who couldn't be trusted. When he would have said something hurtful, he saw the pleading in Fox's eyes. He stroked Fox's face. "Do you really? Do you really think so little of me, baby?"

Fox suddenly embraced him and kissed his neck. "No! I am just... he's so beautiful..."

Alex pushed Fox back gently. "I am going to see to his wounds... and then he's leaving. Skinner won't let him stay. Don't worry about it. He'd have to kill me to keep me," Alex whispered.

"Fox, go clean up," Skinner said as he and Garren entered the kitchen. There was a palpable tension between the two powerful men.

Fox frowned. "I'm not leaving..."

"Go take a shower, baby. I promise it will be okay," Alex soothed as he stood. His eyes met Garren's briefly and those blue eyes promised so much. He shivered with the desire to rub up against the big body, he thrilled to the possessive stare and his fists curled in frustration. What was happening to him? If Fox knew how the bastard was affecting him he would be hurt, maybe even enough to push Alex away and turn his affection to Skinner alone. That thought infuriated him. He saw a flash of Fox curled up asleep on top of Skinner, long legs trapping Skinner, beautiful face snuggled into Skinner's neck. He felt sick, that was his position. He was the one Fox cuddled up to, no matter how much Skinner pleasured Fox or made him beg for more, when he slept, Fox made his preference known. Alex had the feeling that that wouldn't always be the way of it. He also felt that had Skinner revealed his feelings for Fox before Fox had given in to his lust that wonderful night, then Fox would be Skinner's and Alex would never have had a chance.

Fox hesitated a moment before he walked quickly from the room. Garren admired the beauty as he passed, it wouldn't be a chore to tame his mate's lover. Those long legs, ripe lips, the ass that was made to be fucked... Garren grinned. The prince smelled so delicious that his organ stirred just from that sense alone. No wonder Murdoch was so driven to own him.

Skinner wanted to follow after Fox, to make sure that he was unhurt, but he was completely unwilling to leave Alex alone with the wolf. He didn't trust him not to try and run off with him.

Garren let himself be guided to a tiny chair and he settled his weight in it carefully, half expecting it to break. Alex was turning on the water and steam immediately announced the hot water. Ah yes, he thought, the convenience of having an ascendant around. He sighed in pleasure as Alex brought a bowl of water and a small cloth over to him and began to wash his body. His mate's jade eyes kept sliding down to Garren's naked loins and a small pink tongue darted out to wet suddenly dry lips. Garren smiled. He would have to find a way to introduce some more of his spore, perhaps a quick nip before Skinner could stop him. He was certain that his own scent would be attracting his mate as it was, but he wanted so much more. Their eyes met and Alex's were narrowed against his reaction to Garren. Garren had cause to curse his own regenerative powers as the wounds were already healing nicely. Alex was disconcerted by their insignificance given the amount of bleeding. Before Alex could move away, Garren grabbed his head and found the healing sore on Alex's neck. He bit it lightly feeling Alex's body grow rigid with anticipation as Garren tasted blood and licked the wound with hot, wet strokes of his tongue. He was pushed away and found Skinner staring over him with a furious expression on his face. He had dared to shove his mate behind him and Garren growled as he rose. It was one thing for the man to think he owned Alex, quite another thing to act like it.

Alex leaned against the wall as the two squared off. For all his bulk, Skinner seemed small next to Garren, but Alex knew Skinner could hold his own. He groaned as he felt the spore begin its work on his body.

"Don't push me too far, thief, I will not allow..." Garren began.

"You will not allow?" Skinner growled. "You aren't in any position to demand anything. I may be tired, but I am quite capable of dealing with you wolf!"

Garren chuckled. "Even strong you would have troubles dealing with me and you know it."

Skinner narrowed his eyes. Yes the wolf was strong. Far stronger than some of his brothers even, if in different ways. Physically Garren was formidable, but it was his position as leader of the pack that made him deadly. Skinner had to admit that he had been utterly astounded that the wolves had come so close to him. He felt their fear of him, but Garren had been telling the truth. Their fear would not keep them away if Garren commanded it. He could protect his family from them, but for how long? And how many wolves would Garren be able to summon. Immediately his new insight answered him. Millions. Why was it that Garren did not wish to take his place as an equal to Murdoch? Why had he served him? Alex's small moan grabbed his attention. He looked and saw that Alex was trembling and flushed.

"What did you do to him?" He hissed at Garren.

"Sk-skinner, please," Alex whispered. "Walter"

Skinner went to him and without thinking he touched the bite mark. Pale pink light glowed from his hand for an instant and Alex's trembling subsided immediately. Garren was staring, unperturbed. The bonding would take place even without the more sexual aspect of the spore.

"Leave now, wolf," Skinner barked.

"No," was all Garren said, but there was implacable determination in his voice.

"I'm going to Fox," Alex said unsteadily. His desire to wrap himself around Garren and beg to be fucked hard and fast had subsided, but still the man was drawing him in. He needed Fox. He wanted to bury his face in Fox's shoulder and be held tight. He could only hope that Fox would hold him, that he wouldn't push him away.

"You aren't going anywhere, cat," Garren growled and Alex looked to Skinner in question.

As Skinner turned his body to shield Alex the front door was opened and an old man walked in alone. Alex recognized him immediately as being the man who had given him the package containing the medallions.

"You two will have to stop your fighting if we are to hold off the Ascendant," he said casually, as if everyone in the room should know him. "Only an alliance between the two of you can keep your mates safe from him. Do not kid yourself, Walter, once the Ascendant gets tired of waiting for his creatures to succeed in bringing his chosen to him, he will come for him himself. And then you will not be able to stop him. You think you are tired now after fighting off just a few of his minions? Think how tired you would be if he were to come himself! You are strong, yes. Stronger than we had any hope that you would be, but you are not his equal. Perhaps if it were just the two of you, one on one... perhaps you could succeed, but he would not come alone."

"Who the hell are you?" Skinner barked. There was something familiar about the old man, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

The old man ignored him. "For thousands of years, Garren has cleaved to Murdoch. For thousands of years Garren has found Murdoch after every rebirth and protected him from infancy to his death from all our attempts to keep him from his plans. The pack is more dangerous than any other single group that now roams this Earth, Walter. Only a very few of the monsters that hunt now are independent of the Ascendant. Most, like the Schell you fought tonight, will go to their deaths to obey him. You cannot stand alone. Your Fox and indeed Alex will be taken from you," the old man said quietly. He looked at Garren for a moment, but turned his attention back to Skinner. "You know what I say to be true, Walter. You know it."

"You gave me the package," Alex said. "Why? What are the medallions for?"

Garren narrowed his eyes. The man knew his mate? What did he want from Alex? Before Skinner could move, Garren went to Alex's side. He wasn't worried about the ascendant's reaction, his movement was instinctual, defensive.

"It is the greatest of gifts that the unholy alliance between the Ascendant and the Garren of the wolves has been torn. The greatest gift to this world, Walter," the old man said without answering Alex's question. A chair slid away from the table and made its way to the man's side and he settled down with a sigh. "Yes, that's better. I am too old and have had too much adventure lately to wait to be asked to sit."

Alex gasped. Was everyone magic now? He moved closer to Garren without even realizing it.

Skinner was too engrossed in the man's words to notice that small defection. He drew a deep breath. "You may have a point, but I have a responsibility to Alex. I will not let him be taken even to save myself," he said harshly.

"And at the expense of Fox? And of all the people who even now flock to you for protection?"

Skinner flinched, but raised his chin stubbornly.

"Baku?" Fox asked from the doorway. He had only a small towel about his waist and was still dripping wet from the shower.

The old man turned and smiled, "Ah, Agent Mulder, how nice to see you again!"

"I don't understand, why are you here?" Mulder asked as he went to the old man. He saw Skinner's look of question and he explained briefly Baku's role in his and Scully's investigation into the Mediggo.

Alex frowned, he didn't trust the man and Fox was standing right next to him. He moved away from Garren to stand closer to his lover. He looked to Skinner for guidance and received a small, comforting nod.

"Oh, I am here to make sure things work out. You see, Fox, Murdoch knows his Schell have failed to take you and even now he is thinking of coming for you himself. Is that what you want?"

Mulder gasped. He felt sick to his stomach. Those things had come from Murdoch? That Murdoch would forget him had been a desperate hope, but now it was shattered.

"How dare you say that, you old bastard," Alex hissed wrapping his arms about Fox's waist. His eyes were aflame.

Garren was surprised that he wasn't entirely disturbed that his cat was holding on to the prince. He would have torn him from any other.

Skinner moved forward and placed a comforting hand on the side of Fox's face. "He will not succeed, Fox. I promise."

"But he will. He will succeed. He will bring you to his side and you will know true hell on earth as do all his slaves that look so much like you," Baku insisted. He knew that Fox was the pivotal character here. Both Skinner and Alex adored him and Garren... well Garren would want to please Alex. "You will be his concubine..."

"Enough!" Skinner spat out.

"I know you don't want to hear it, but you have to act now or face the consequences. You succeeded in freeing Mulder the first time both because Murdoch had yet to ascend and that he was deeply involved in the last of the ritual sacrifices. You will not be able to rescue him again!" He looked deep into Mulder's eyes. "Remember his sling?"

Fox gave a small, despairing cry and turned into Alex's embrace. He didn't want to remember any of it. "I remember," he hissed.

"It ripens daily with your stand-ins." Baku was vehement in this. He knew what the others standing in this little, insignificant room did not. If Murdoch had enough time, he would woo Garren back to him and then no one would be safe. If his plans for at least a portion of the world remaining free were to come to fruition then Skinner had to form an alliance with Garren. He could not afford tact or tender mercies.

Garren had enough of the old human upsetting Alex and he moved to kill him, changing as he did so. He was forced back by Skinner who glared at him and then the old man.

"This is what you want me to ally with? Some beast that wants to tear out your throat?"

Baku cleared his throat, "I want at least a small portion of the world to be safe, yes."

Garren changed back and growled, "I am not a coddler of humans, old man. What makes you think I would turn against Murdoch? I serve him no more, that is true, but what makes you think that I would fight against him?"

"You would help him? Knowing that he wants to destroy Fox?" Baku said cautiously, knowing that Garren would not care in the least, only caring what Alex thought. Cautious too in angering the creature further. He could only hope that Skinner would continue to protect him.

"The prince is not my concern," he growled. At Alex's gasp, he frowned. "Well, perhaps I would not want to see him taken, but that does not translate into fighting my old master. I stood at his side for thousands of years..."

"Yes and he plans on stealing your mate, using him to barter with you for your loyalty. Think you that he will treat your mate kindly?" Baku smiled slightly as Garren flushed with rage.

Skinner was thinking. He knew Baku's words to be true, but Garren would never give Alex up. How could they form an alliance with Garren constantly after Alex? He gasped as he realized what the old man was suggesting. "Never!" he ground out. "I will never turn Alex over to be raped."

Alex flashed him a small smile. Yet he wondered at that. Would it still be rape? Yes! No matter how he yearned to feel the thick slide of Garren's cock pounding him, relentless and so... he stopped those thoughts with a small glare at Garren.

"Nor would I," Fox growled turning to face Baku once more. "I will never let him go!"

"And I won't leave him," Alex said challengingly, staring at Garren. "I'll never leave Fox!"

Baku sighed in frustration. Couldn't they understand? "Alex? Why would you struggle for something that will end up hurting Fox? Why can't you see that with the Garren by his side, Skinner will be unchallenged?"

"Leave him alone," Skinner barked. "You have no right to try and make him feel guilty."

Baku nodded. "You are right, but still, he would feel guilty. Especially when he remembers how Mulder was tied, spread to the bed for Murdoch's pleasure."

Skinner grabbed the old man by his throat. "That was no more Alex's fault than mine! And if you think I won't kill you, you are mistaken. You come in, uninvited and torment my family! I should kill you where you stand."

"And if he doesn't, I will," Garren seethed. The old bastard's words were tormenting his mate and he longed to sink his teeth into the soft flesh of the bastard's throat.

"Walter, let him go," Fox said quietly. He shook his head as Alex made to protest.

Skinner released the old man slowly, his eyes red and wild. "You and your prized wolf can leave right now! I am finished with you both. Alex and Fox have had enough trauma without any more."

Baku nodded again. "Yes, but you know I speak the truth." He stood. "I and some of my followers... a group that Dr. Jane Reeves belonged to, Agent Mulder, so you know the Ascendant is our enemy, we are staying somewhere close by should either of you want to talk." He paused before leaving. "Agent Mulder, those medallions would have made it very difficult for the Schell to find you. It will help hide your changed nature from humans and hunters alike. You should wear it."

"I would be most interested in meeting you and your followers," Garren said with a darkness in his tone that made the old man shudder.

Mulder looked to Alex, but he saw that Alex was staring at Garren. There was something odd in that look. Something Mulder didn't recognize. It wasn't the disdain Alex usually had on his face for people. It wasn't the tense wariness that Alex reserved for anyone he deemed a potential threat. Mulder searched that lovely face for any sign of tenderness, anything that would indicate that Alex wanted to be in Garren's massive arms. Mulder took a moment to look over the nude male. He was unconcerned of his nudity. The body was so utterly perfect, the organ large even as it lay lazily on his thigh. Mulder hated him for his beauty as much as for taking Alex from him. He moved away from the group as Skinner escorted Baku to the door.

"Fox?" Alex's voice was strained, tense.

"I'm going to get dressed," Fox said quickly. He just wanted to be alone. He wondered where Scully was. He needed to see her, to connect with the one person who had always stood by him. She would know just what to say... she always knew what to say. He used to resent Scully for his need for her... his reliance on her. But he had accepted it long ago. She was his grounding force, no matter how trite that sounded. Alex touched his shoulder and the look on his face was familiar, tender, loving, those jade eyes so vulnerable. Fox managed a smile at that look. He only ever saw it on Alex's face when Alex was looking at him. Maybe Alex wouldn't leave him. It would be a first, but then so had Alex's love been a first. No one had ever loved him the way Alex did. His thoughts went to Skinner and he sighed impatient with his meandering thoughts. "I'm just going to get dressed." He dismissed Alex with his tone and Alex clenched his jaw. Mulder had to smile a bit at that. Alex was certainly easily angered. He went to the bedroom and sat on the bed. He heard Skinner talking to Baku and heard Alex saying something to Garren. There was a chill breeze coming through the broken window and he shivered. He stood to dress but something drew his attention to the night just outside the large window. A movement, a sliding sound. He pulled on a pair of Levi's and a sweater before finding his gun and moving toward the sound, his heart beating with anticipation of conflict.

The young man standing outside smiled at him and put a hand to his lush, blood red lips.

"Shhh, Fox, don't say a word. I want to tell you something," the man whispered.

Fox felt his blood start to pound through his body and pool in his cock at the seductive tones. He nodded wordlessly and came closer to the window, the gun dropped forgotten on the floor.

"Come closer," he whispered and Fox did, drawn inexorably toward the man. Such pale skin, such dark, long hair. It was the eyes that transfixed him, dark pools of ebony, endless, dark and beautiful. Living onyx. He wanted to touch that face, to taste those lips.

"Yes, Fox, closer. Hurry," the voice was seduction, it demanded obedience and Fox was eager to obey, his cock throbbing slowly. A hand caressed his face, so cold and yet it burned. Fox moaned, moving his hips to give some small friction on his cock. He was drawn outside though he didn't realize he was outside until his bare feet curled against the cold of the damp earth. He moved to kiss the pretty mouth but the man moved further away. He frowned as he followed, only wanting to touch him.

"Yes, love, come closer," he whispered as he moved further away from the light of the window, his beautiful prey following. When seductive night covered Fox with darkness, Mikhail stopped moving, letting Fox catch him. The full lips glistened as Fox ran his tongue over his lips in anticipation. Mikhail's body burned to claim him now, but that was not an option. The ascendant would not be distracted for long. He had to take Fox far away from here before he could plunder the beauty.

Fox was running his hands up and down on Mikhail's chest, eyes dazed, small whimpers coming from his throat in husky need. Mikhail embraced him, their erections pressed hotly together, rubbing and aching to be released. "You want to be here, with me, you want nothing but that. I will take you away before Alex can leave you," he whispered and Fox trembled, his eyes wide and dazed. "Don't call out to Skinner, let me take you. Wrap your arms about me, love, I will take away all the hurt, all the fear."

Fox was lost, he couldn't make sense of anything that was whispered only aware of the blood pulsing at his neck, at his groin. A hot tongue licked at the tender skin of his neck as he was lifted. His head lolling on his neck as he fell into a dream. Leathery wings beat slowly, stealthily as Mikhail claimed his lover.

xx

Garren was lost in his mate's scent and he drew Alex back toward him feeling the muscled body tense. He held firm when Alex would have moved away, bringing the tight body to his and kissing the top of the black head. "Are you in any pain, cat?" He whispered soothingly, gently squeezing the muscled shoulders.

Alex wanted Garren to leave, wanted him to just walk out that door and leave without looking back. He caught himself rubbing back against Garren in a feline attempt to be stroked and his eyes opened wide.

"Get off me, Garren!" He pulled away with effort only to be pulled around to face Garren as those topaz eyes looked him over solicitously.

"I asked if you were in pain! I cannot help you if you do not open up..."

"Aarrgh! Can you not understand? I am not yours to worry about! I am happy... for the first fucking time in my life I am happy just where I am!" He ran a hand through his thick hair and swatted at Garren's hand as he tried to touch Alex's face. "I won't be your toy! I have played the whore long enough. Never again." He glared as Garren just smiled at him. He gasped a bit as Garren moved toward him, and he found himself in the unfamiliar position of scrambling back away from an opponent. "Uh, Skinner!" he croaked out as he was drawn into an embrace that wasn't entirely odious.

"Take your hands off him," Skinner growled. Garren was thrust back but he lunged forward again as Skinner pushed Alex away.

"I should have let my pack destroy you, ascendant."

"Yes, you should have," Skinner agreed. "But you are too late now, wolf, I'm not as tired as I was then." He smiled. "I think battle agrees with me," he chuckled darkly.

"I'm going to find, Fox, you two just keep from tearing each other apart," Alex ground out, not knowing why he should care if Skinner flattened the bastard only knowing that he did. "Skinner, can we just play nice for a minute... keep him... you know... away from me, but I don't think Fox needs anymore turmoil tonight," he said firmly, almost believing his reasoning. As he approached the bedroom the hairs on the back of his neck began to raise and he slowed cautiously. Old survival habits commanding his movements as he paused before he remembered that Fox was in that room. He didn't know why his instincts were screaming at him in their insistent manner, only that there was something not right somehow. He raced into the room, his tension breaking through both Skinner's and Garren's concentration on one another and they both turned to follow him.

"Fox?" Alex shouted as he burst into the empty bedroom. The window was a gaping hole in the room. The curtains blew slightly with a breeze that seemed playful, secretive. He raced toward the window but was scooped into Garren's embrace and pulled back and out of the room.

Garren smelled the enemy and he wanted his mate no where near it. He watched as Skinner realized what had happened, realized that the prince had been taken and that for the moment there was nothing he could do. Skinner was at the window and then he jumped through the frame calling out to the pretty prince. Alex surprised him and slipped from his grasp and followed Skinner outside.

"Alex, if I have to tie you to me, I will," Garren growled as he came up behind Alex, his eyes searching the darkness for any sign of danger to his mate.

Alex turned wide greed eyes to Garren, "Where is he? You can find him! You can track him..." He was desperate, frightened. The way Skinner stood rigid, unmoving as if he couldn't hear or see anything around him made him even more anxious. "Skinner! Stop just standing there... what is wrong with you? Fox is gone!" He knew somehow that Fox wasn't nearby, he could feel the distance between them growing.

Garren could still scent the vampire, it was the same one that had tried to take his mate. He moved as close to Alex as he could but his eyes were on the ascendant. His eyes narrowed as Skinner locked on to Fox and prepared to go to him. He grabbed the man's arm and shook him. "Don't do it, Skinner," he managed to warn before Skinner threw him off. "You can't go to him now... don't you see?" Garren hissed.

Skinner could feel Fox, could sense his arousal, his confusion, but too there was Fox's need for him and he would follow that. The wolf was speaking, trying to stop him from going. He should kill it.

"Do you think you can fly, ascendant? You can't! If you go to him now you will kill him! Listen to me, Skinner," Garren spat furiously. He clenched his fists as Skinner began to fade. "You will bring him to the earth too fast! He won't survive."

Alex was gaping and then, believing Garren, he clutched Skinner's arms, the flesh strangely malleable. "Skinner, stop. Listen to him," he urged.

Skinner felt Fox's dreamlike pleasure and his blood burned. Alex was holding him back and he heard the panic in his voice. He shook his head. He couldn't leave Alex, but he had to go to Fox. When he would have grabbed Alex into his embrace to carry him with him the wolf roared and Skinner found himself sprawled on the ground and Garren dragging Alex quickly away. He was torn between wanting to follow Fox and wanting to go to Alex.

"You will not take my mate to his death, foolish creature. Your lover is miles above the ground... can't you see anything? You are not fit to care for any changed human! If you go to the prince the enemy will have no choice but to release him! Are you listening? You cannot fly! And while you would survive, Fox would not."

Skinner recoiled from the furious words. He could sense the cold surrounding Fox and knew Garren's words to be true. He stayed on the ground, kneeling, his hands fisted on his thighs. He lifted his head and screamed out Fox's name. And then he just screamed.

Alex struggled to go to him, feeling strangely as if he should comfort the big man, but Garren wouldn't release him. "He's not going anywhere," he breathed, "Let me go."

Garren frowned. He should just take his mate now. It was perfect. The ascendant could not track both Fox and Alex, but he wanted Alex with him forever, not just as a stolen prize from the powerful ascendant. True he could fight off the ascendant's attempts at reclaiming his mate, but at what cost? He had seen the man's strength and determination. Too he would have to contend with Alex's attempts to return to the man and the prince. Perhaps if Murdoch did own the prince it would be easier to keep Alex, if Garren would but return to Murdoch's side where he had been for several millennium. He frowned at that and let his mate go to the shaking ascendant. Murdoch was incapable of the emotions that even wolves had, tender emotions of love and concern. Though the lack of those emotions in his master had never bothered Garren before, the idea that the Ascendant's cruelty might harm his mate, either indirectly through too harsh of use of the beautiful prince, or directly. Garren had seen the lust in Murdoch 's eyes as he had looked upon his little cat. He knew too that Murdoch believed that one day Alex would come willingly to his bed. Garren's nostrils flared in anger remembering his mate's pain and abuse at the hands of Murdoch for even that short period of time.

He watched reluctantly, pacing slightly, as the human ascendant gently brought Alex's hand to his lips and through his own pain of loss, try to comfort Alex. This one would never harm his mate, but he would not respect Garren's claim. He was torn. Though he was the dominant male and his wishes ostensibly ruled, he was bound by unfamiliar feelings of concern that came with taking a mate. He couldn't resist the instinctive urge to please his mate in more ways than just sexual pleasure. He shook his head trying to regain his equilibrium. It bothered him, to say the least, that he had not had his pack attack Skinner. He had been weakened, he may have even been destroyed by the attack. That he hadn't because he anticipated Alex's displeasure angered him... not with Alex... but with himself. All his existence he had done what he pleased. It pleased him to serve Murdoch, and it pleased him to see to it that the promised new world would come to pass, but now all that he was, all that he had ever been was at the mercy of one human... well it was disturbing. And that he had to pick this particular human. Alex was anything but easily led.

He had to fight down the urge to drag his beauty away from Skinner. There was an opportunity here, one to get what he wanted, what was his without having to steal Alex away like some thief in the night. As he watched Skinner stand his thoughts went, oddly, to his litter mates. The brothers and sister that roamed the continents across the sea. That he would even think of his litter mates at this time served to convince him that Alex had put him into a tailspin. His lips curved into the closest thing to a pout as he had ever managed, he caught it and drew his lips taut over his perfect teeth, exasperated.

Skinner stared at the still-nude Garren and he shook his head. He couldn't think about the presence of the wolf just now. It did seem that Garren wasn't going to run off with Alex, even Skinner had to admit that the pack could have probably done him some damage, had Garren ordered them to attack. Skinner didn't think he could be killed, but he could be hurt. He had to go after Fox. He sensed the nature of the thing that had taken Fox and it chilled him. Something old, perhaps not so old as Garren, but so different. Both were killers however. He couldn't forget that.

"Alex, Fox will not be killed," Garren said softly as he watched Alex stare into the night. When Alex looked to him with wide eyes. Garren frowned at the fear there. "He won't be harmed, little cat," he tried to soothe.

"What is it? What has taken him?" Alex's voice was shaky and yet there was a steel in his tone that spoke of his strength.

"A vampire," Garren said. "You remember the river? The thing that tried to take you? It is the same creature."

Skinner didn't respond to this information, he knew it already. He hadn't known that it had tried for Alex before, but it didn't surprise him in the least.

Alex narrowed his eyes. The idea that that... thing... had his lover sickened him. He could see the red eyes, the long fingers, smell the scent of old death... the allure despite its true appearance. "What do we do?" He asked, his eyes moving from Garren to Skinner.

"We go after him," Skinner answered immediately. "Go get your things..."

"No. You can't take him with you, Skinner," Garren growled.

"The hell he can't!" Alex hissed.

"I am taking him..."

"Do you want Fox back?" Garren asked. "You know that Alex will only slow you down, Skinner. You can travel faster without him, and you can worry only about getting to him, not about protecting Alex as well."

Skinner didn't have time to argue. "He will not slow me, Garren. It is obvious that you only wish me to leave him so that you can molest him without me to protect him from you."

"You can't bring Alex. Humans cannot travel the way you must if you are to get to your lover before he falls under the enemy's control. Vampires are a seductive breed it is true, but soon, Fox will forget you, forget you both and you have less time than you think, ascendant." Garren pushed a lock of hair out of his face. "You decide, ascendant, but if you try to take my mate, I will follow you and you will not go faster than he can travel."

Alex shook his head as Skinner's eyes narrowed in concentration. "I can travel as fast as you, Skinner! I am not going to stay."

Skinner could feel Alex's torment, but Garren was right. Alex would slow him down. "Alex, you can stay with Antonio..."

"Antonio?" Alex spat. "You have to be kidding me! I am not in need of protection and I will just follow you anyway."

Skinner looked into Garren's eyes and he saw nothing there but patience, patience learned through centuries of waiting. "I will hunt you, wolf, if you touch one hair on his head." Skinner couldn't look at Alex again as he sent out his thoughts to Antonio. He felt his brother's attention on him and he urged him to return to the cabins. He sent his thoughts, his fears for Fox and Antonio immediately rose from the bed he shared with Dana and shook her awake. Antonio was coming, but Skinner was only slightly relieved. He hated the idea as Antonio had made it perfectly clear how much he lusted for Alex, but he was not willing to let Fox go. Perhaps with the wolf to balance Antonio the two would fight over Alex, neither able to claim victory until he returned to his side. He pulled Alex close hearing the curses the young man threw at him for his planned abandonment. He kissed those sweet pink lips and let himself fade into the hunt.

Alex didn't even see Skinner leave. One moment he was held in those strong arms the next he stood alone. The sounds of movement in the forest faded almost as quickly as a breeze passing through and he knew he would never have been able to keep pace. Still, it hurt. He had been left... again.

Garren felt none of the victory he should have felt, here was his cat, alone and unprotected, he could have taken him then, but instead he just drew the pretty body to him and tried to give assurance. He knew nothing of real concern before this. Even when Murdoch had been a child so many times, and had ridden on Garren's shoulders or had tagged after him through endless countrysides and endless turmoil, Garren had not felt true concern. Murdoch had never been a child in any real sense. He had simply been living out existences, his soul the same throughout. Now Garren was faced with an enemy he couldn't tear asunder. Alex, like an untamed creature let himself be held just for a moment and then he tore himself free and went back inside. Garren followed, watching as Alex gathered some belongings and put them in a small bag.

"What are you doing, Alex?" Garren asked, sitting on the large bed.

"I am going after Fox. I may not be able to keep up with Skinner, I may not be a fucking god but I am not going to sit here like some fucking prom queen while my lover is out there."

"You can't find him, Alex. You can't hope to find him. Let Skinner find him and bring him back to you. There is nothing shameful in that. You are too much of a distraction and even I would not like to have you wandering the dark even were I with you. You have no idea how desirable, how beautiful you are do you?"

Alex turned to him and there was such a sweet look on his face, but Garren smelled the fury beneath the angelic exterior. "I have been told how fucking beautiful I am by so many people in my life, Garren, that I am sick of it! I was taken from my family because I was told I was beautiful. I was raped and forced to become a pawn, because I was told I was beautiful. I was taken from an ordinary suburban life to become a killer because I was told I was too beautiful to waste! Now you say I have no idea? Fuck you, Garren! My life didn't begin the moment you stole me. The only thing, the only thing that is good in my life is out there!" He pointed to the guilty window and the night beyond. "And I am not going to sit back and wait for someone else to save him. I don't trust anyone else with him. I've seen what men with power do to men like Fox."

Garren stared at Alex for a moment. "Alex, believe me when I say this. Had I known you earlier, I would have torn the men who used you asunder. I would have kept you from them."

Alex laughed, a bitter sound. "Oh Jesus! You only want me because of this fucking change! I would have been meat to you before this. Don't pretend you feel some emotion for me that you don't," he growled.

Garren frowned. "I chose you before you changed Alex. Perhaps you were changing already, but I chose you as my own the moment I saw you. I couldn't have scented your change, cat, you were but an image on a television screen. Had you not changed, had the ascendants not been born to change the world, I would have found you and taken you to me. And I would have killed your enemies... every one of them."

Alex didn't care. He didn't want to know what image of himself Garren had seen. He didn't care that Garren was staring at him with such gorgeous intensity. He only cared about Fox. "You can lie all you want, Garren, but I am going."

"I won't allow it," Garren said smoothly. "And I think you know that you cannot escape me."

"I did it once," Alex hissed, throwing another pair of jeans in the bag carelessly.

"I am focussed only on you now, cat. I don't have the demands of defending the Ascendant now. You cannot escape.

Alex frowned. Garren had, more than once, called Skinner 'ascendant' and yet he referred to Murdoch as Ascendant as well. He narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean when you say, had the ascendants not been born to change the world. Ascendants. Plural. As in more than one."

Garren tilted his head and his long hair slid over his broad shoulder like water. "Yes, Alex, I know the meaning of the word plural. I mean of course, all the human ascendants and the Ascendant alike. Murdoch is not human but he is like his brothers... only as he is from the other places like us hunters he can command many. Skinner, the one you call Antonio and all the others are powerful as you have seen, but they command only human loyalty... or if they align with their master, than they share in the protection of the hunters."

Alex was confused. "Hunters? Other places? What are you talking about? Fuck! Just a few days ago I was waking up beside Fox and none of this meant anything." He turned to hide the frustrated tears, the weakness of that traitorous moisture.

Garren stood and went to Alex. "I know you are upset, but Skinner is strong. He will find Fox and bring him to you, cat. Please don't cry," he husked, his voice worried, unsure how to proceed.

Alex jerked as if punched. "I am not crying!"

Garren nodded, "If that is what you wish me to believe."

"I want to know what that thing will do to Fox!"

"I think you know. What would you do to such a beauty were you able to?" Garren frowned again. "If you were not able to have him just for a smile, if you had to take what you wanted?" He had not soothed Alex at all. He had hoped that Alex would take some comfort in knowing that the vampire would not kill Fox. Instead he was even more agitated than before.

"So you are saying that he is going to rape him?" Alex clenched his fists until blood dripped onto the pale, oak floor.

"Of course," Garren sighed. What did Alex expect? This was precisely why he would not be allowed to wander. He didn't yet grasp the situation.

"'Of course' he says, as if that should make it easier," Alex mocked. And when Garren grabbed his hands to keep him from forcing more blood out he struck out in fury, knocking Garren to the ground. "Keep your fucking hands off me!" He heard Garren sigh and that sound made him want to weep. In a rational world the man would be dead, or at least in too much pain to sound exasperated.

"Would you rather then, that he be killed and left a bloodless corpse, cat?" Garren came back to his feet, resisting the dominant urge to punish his willful mate. "He will be seduced. He won't know he is being raped, Alex. He will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed our mating."

Alex's eyes flashed jade fire and Garren couldn't repress a grin. What beauty before him. He had never seen such beauty. Not even the prince could compete in his eyes. The sweep of lashes so dark a contrast to the brilliant green, the high flush of rage. He sighed in appreciation.

"I didn't enjoy it! Not a second of it," Alex lied. His heart was being wrenched out of his chest by images of Fox, taken, panting as the old creature played with his silken body.

"Now who is lying, cat?"

"Stop calling me that! And I am not lying!" Alex sneered, backing away from Garren.

"Should I remind you how it felt to be one with me, pretty Alex?" Garren chuckled as the flush grew darker and the sweet breaths grew shorter. Arousal heightened Alex's allure and Garren growled with lust. He paused in his deliberate, stalking steps when he sensed the nearness of the other ascendant. His nostrils flared with remembered rage as that one pawed at his mate. He scented a female changeling and narrowed his eyes as the sound of a vehicle came near.

xx

Aerie
Day Five
Hour 2000

Fox lay on the bed, it was so soft, covered with velvet, black velvet he could see in the fading light. Candles flickered from every corner of the room. He narrowed his eyes in confusion. Where was he? He had a better question. Who was he? He had no recollection that would serve to answer either of those questions and a flood of images began to come to his mind as he stood, sliding off the large bed and putting his feet to the cold, stone floor. A small wooden table laden with steaming food and both a bottle of water and a bottle of wine sat near what looked to be Irish crystal stood at one side of the large room. How would he know that? How would he know it was Irish? He shook his head and followed the fading light of the sun through a strange hallway. His mind busily cataloguing everything he saw until he could ascertain that he was in a cave of sorts. He followed the narrow shaft until he was at the mouth of the cave and he put a hand to the side of the smooth stone to steady himself as he looked down.

The entrance to the cave was several hundreds of feet up the face of a stark cliff. Trees that looked like a child's toys sprinkled the ground below and he could see for hundreds of miles in the distance. The sun was but a sliver of burning red in the sky, dipping behind snow barren peaks. He backed away from the edge, his thoughts riotous and panicked. He hurried back to the bed upon which he had awakened, hoping for some small clue as to who he was and where he was. He could only remember a silken voice soothing him, black eyes urging him to sleep... nothing else. He stared solemnly at the bed and the sumptuous feast on the old table. The walls were draped in red silk and the high ceiling was covered with incredible murals. He made a small, frustrated sound and plucked nervously at the thin, silk robe he wore. More red. Vivid scarlet a contrast to the fading tan of his exposed skin. The robe was short, revealing and he wondered what type of man he was to wear such a garment. He spied discarded denim in one corner of the room yet as he approached the jeans with relief he saw this silk on the wall flutter from some secret breeze.

He stood still, curiosity burning, before he stepped forward and pulled back the red silk on the wall. A long, dark corridor receded into utter blackness and his pulse pounded. What was down there, he wondered. Without thinking he grabbed one of the fat, scented candles that illuminated the darkening room and slipped into the corridor, the stone beneath his feet cold. He could see only a few feet in front of him and his instincts were begging him to retreat. Something was not right. Something was making the hairs on his neck prickle with alarm and when he had gone on only another hundred feet he stopped. His breath was the sound of a freight train in the dark, loud, insistent. His heart pounding against his chest as if in cadence to his own frightened thoughts. Before him a vast cavern loomed and he could see no end to it. He looked down at his feet to see that once again he was on a precipice one that had no end that he could see in the inky blackness. He sensed movement around him and his candle was snuffed out. A small, feminine giggle erupted in the blackness. He stepped back, eyes wide, vainly trying to see as fluttery sounds surrounded him. Panicked to be so near the edge in such darkness. No sound but that fluttering not even another child-like laugh. "Who's there?" He barked out, the sound of his voice echoing in the tomb-like cave.

Suddenly his candle came back to life and he gave a small scream to find himself surrounded by a dozen white faces, eyes burning some feral lust, red like the silk he wore.

"Don't be frightened, love," a soft voice purred in his ear as a cold hand reached out from behind him to stroke his face.

He turned to see the one who had spoken and he looked into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen... or that he thought he had ever seen.

"You woke early, love. I am sorry that I wasn't there to see it. You must have been frightened. Come away from the edge, Fox."

Fox stepped toward the man, so lovely, so very young. "Who... who are you people? Where am I?" he didn't want to ask the one question that burned within him. He didn't want these strange people to know he did not know his own name.

"Don't you remember?" The lovely, ebony-eyed man spoke, almost teasingly, an impish light glowing in those soul deep eyes, and a small smile curving over lush lips. "You came here with me. Don't you remember?" Mikhail knew his lover would not remember, he had made sure of it, toying with the beauty's mind to keep the ascendant from finding him while Mikhail slept

"No." It was a whisper, forlorn. But the eyes, such jewels of amber and moss, were bright with suspicion and intellect.

"Come then, I am sure one of my pets has laid out your repast. Why don't we go back so you can eat?"

Fox nodded finally as the other strange, pale creatures slid past him and disappeared down the corridor. Expecting them to still be in the bedchamber, Fox was surprised to find them all gone when he and the lovely young man entered past the shield of silk. But how? The darkness was complete and the cliff... no one could climb it at night. Unless he had missed some sort of steps leading up.

"Eat, Fox," Mikhail murmured, his own hunger not compelling. He fed for pleasure, not for survival. He was too old to require the blood, but oh such sweet, hot nectar. He could smell Fox's blood, so different than mere human's. Lovely and rich. He had sampled a bit as Fox had fallen into his dreams, taken just a sip from the tender pulse in Fox's throat. His body hardened at the memory. Tonight Fox would be awake when the blood play began.

"Fox?" Fox asked. "Is that... is that my name?"

Mikhail smiled and looked just like he had looked on the day he had been elected Sovereign of All Russia in Moscow's Red Square by the Zemskii Sobor on February 21, 1613, at the age of 16... well what history would record as sixteen, but he was already so much older than that. He had founded the Romanov dynasty, but had never left his seed in any woman's womb. What history did not illuminate was that the only children the young Czar could create were children like the slaves who even now flew to the hunt. The ten, mortal children sired upon his second wife had been simply that, mortals from the sperm of a trusted servant. It amused him to no end that history books proclaimed his death from dropsy. Which in the old language was the abnormal accumulation of fluid in body tissues and cavities. Before his accession to the throne, he lived with his mother in the village of Domnina, the family estate of the Romanovs. And before that the centuries spanned in clouded confusion for him. He could only remember her. His mother, the one who had claimed him as her own sweet child. The only female that he could ever remember loving. Not even his human mother had he adored so well. Ah but that was in the past. Here was the new world and such a lovely place to hunt.

"Is it, is that my name?"

The words of his sweet love, shook from the old memories of times when he sought the attention of mortals, sought power and adulation. "Yes, love, that is your name. You can't even remember that?" A small, pleased smile preyed on his mouth as he led the confused beauty to the table.

"No! No I can't remember anything!" Fox said frantically as he was urged to sit. The strength in the slim youth's hands not registering. Black hair. Like a wash of living silk fell over Fox's Shoulder as Mikhail leaned over him to kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry so, Fox. You just bumped your head... your memories will return in time. No rush, no rush, love. Just eat, and then I will lie down with you awhile."

Fox stared into the dark eyes and nodded, dumbly. "Yes, yes, no worry. I'll just eat and then you'll lie down with me."

Mikhail kissed those plump lips, a small groan making its way past his own red lips. "You are so beautiful, love... I will make you so happy. You won't want to remember anything but me."

Fox frowned slightly. But then commenced eating. After several silent minutes he asked, "What is your name?"

"Mikhail is my name. I am your lover," came the soft reply.

Fox raised his brows. He had a male lover? That certainly didn't seem like him. But then he really didn't know much about himself at all.

"Does that surprise you, Fox?" Mikhail asked, amused. He watched the light play over the pretty features and he sighed, he could stare at Fox for an eternity. The way the wine stained the full lips red, the way the eyes rose to survey the ceiling with interest, the pulse in his neck, the lovely pulse in his neck, the way his hair fell over his face and the perfection of symmetry that allowed his face to be utterly beautiful.

"Yes, yes it does surprise me I guess. I wouldn't think I had a male lover... for some reason I see myself with a woman... a small, red-haired woman with the bluest eyes... at least I think I do." He shook his head confused, looking down at his plate. He missed the calculating look on Mikhail's face. He gasped as his face was drawn up and his eyes captured by glittering onyx.

"You don't see that woman, Fox... you see only me." The words were smooth and they echoed in Fox's mind. "You see only me, love."

Fox felt dizzy and then he could only see Mikhail. All his questions about how the food had arrived, where the others had gone, how they had even gotten to this place... faded.

Mikhail smiled, satisfied. He looked about the aerie, pleased that his human slaves had kept it so well for him. It had been one of his retreats for centuries, high above the valley, nestled on the face of rock that only the foolish would dare ascend. His human slaves were given small amounts of his blood in return for their absolute loyalty. This blood made them strong and expanded their lifetimes considerably. He asked little of them, merely that they keep his secret places ready. In this case he had also asked that they prepare for the needs of his human lover.

"You look beautiful in that robe," Mikhail breathed. "Now let me take it off you."

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
Hour 2130

Dana was first to rush into the cabin and her eyes met Alex's one second before she pounced on him, her small fists grasping his biceps. "Where's Mulder?" She asked frantically. "Antonio won't tell me. He said only that something took him! What happened? Where is Skinner?"

Alex steadied her and noticed Antonio's eyes widen as he took in Garren standing behind Alex. He narrowed his own eyes as Antonio let his gaze slowly travel up and down Garren's naked flesh. "Scully, I... Mulder was taken by... damn... a vampire. Skinner has gone after him." He glared at Antonio and turned to look at Garren. "Would you put something on already?"

Garren was staring at the ascendant, measuring him. While not as strong as Skinner this one could defend himself. He had expended no energy in protection of the surrounding area, had left all that to Skinner. And so his powers were at their peak. After a few battles his powers would grow, but even still Garren couldn't resists walking up to him and slamming his fist into the lean stomach. He felt his fist slowed by Antonio's mind, but it connected solidly enough for all that, and the young ascendant fell to his knees even while Garren was shoved back. The little female struck him in the stomach, her blow insignificant, but he let his teeth show as he growled at her. She jumped back with a little scream and Alex grabbed Garren's arm.

"Don't scare her!" he scolded. He turned back to Scully who was staring at a now normal looking Garren with a suspicious fear in her eyes. "Look, Scully, I want to go after Mulder..."

"But you aren't," Garren inserted smoothly, watching the ascendant as he gracefully regained his feet and took his measure. The dark eyes were calm if a bit angry.

"You'll pay for that, wolf," Antonio swore. He recognized the man from the night he had met his precious and the lovely Alex.

"I doubt it," Garren grinned, a lupine smile curving his full lips.

"Stop all this bickering!" Alex demanded. "Fox is gone, carried off by some vampire, who, I am assured, will be raping him, Skinner has left to go after him, and I am profoundly uninterested in watching another cock fight!" Alex hissed.

"Who is this person, Krycek?" Dana asked, regaining her composure now that it was obvious that Antonio was all right.

"Oh God, too long a story," Alex sighed.

"I am Garren, Alex belongs to me," Garren said forcefully. He wouldn't let Alex sweep him under the proverbial rug. He met Alex's angry look and ignored it. He heard Antonio sputter and cough and turned his fierce, blue gaze to that one.

"I am sure you are mistaken. With Skinner gone, it is I who is in charge... of Alex and everything else," Antonio said hotly.

Scully shook her head, Antonio was a trial. "Shut up, all of you! I want to know exactly what happened. And I want to know now! Where has this... vampire taken my partner?" Her voice was sharp, commanding.

"If I knew where he was, Scully, pardon me for saying this, but I'd fucking be there!" Alex ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know, I don't know where he is. One minute he was here, going to get dressed in the bedroom the next... he was just gone. He... the window, Skinner broke it last night, and I heard... something... I don't know what..." He was getting wound up and Garren frowned.

"Alex, there was nothing you could do. The vampire didn't have to come in and grab him, he probably just asked Mulder to come to him. Now say goodnight to your friend, you can speak to them tomorrow," Garren commanded. He had lasted longer than he had ever lasted with people ordering him about.

Alex gaped at him and the little woman narrowed her eyes until they were mere slits.

"You are insane if you think I am leaving him alone with you," Antonio glowered.

"I can smell your lust, little ascendant. If you look at him once more, I will tear out your throat. Who will protect your pretty female while you heal yourself? Don't test me further than I have already been tested this night!" He surprised even himself by his own rage. His mate had been contrary and cleaved to the big ascendant, he had been wounded by the Schell that his master had sent, and upset enough by Fox's capture. It was enough to make any wolf long for blood. "If you don't want to spend the night fighting my pack you will leave. I know several of my pack would love to play with your changed female."

The trio gasped at his words and Antonio drew Dana close.

"They come even now, ascendant. Were it not for Alex's wishes that there be no more conflict I would have them attack no matter your response. I long to rip you apart for your covetous lust. Don't doubt me! Leave now."

Antonio could sense the pack moving close and Scully looked to him for guidance.

"I am going to talk to Scully..." Alex began, his voice trembling with anger.

Garren grabbed him and shook him slightly. "You will not speak to her now. You will do as I say! I have let you run riot long enough. You are not helping yourself and you cannot help the prince. Don't make me hurt your friends, for I will."

Alex struggled, but was unable to free himself.

"I cannot let you abuse him, wolf. If I must fight, then I fight," Antonio said calmly.

Alex saw that Scully was frightened when the first howls filled the night as the pack rushed to their master's side. Fox would kill him if she was hurt. Forget cuddling up at night after sex... hell forget sex! "Just go, Antonio. He won't hurt me I don't think," he said, unsure.

Garren frowned darkly and shook his mate again. "I will if you don't stop testing me. Have you forgotten your first lesson of discipline?"

Alex froze. How could even Garren bring up that scene? He felt cold fear wash over him as hundreds of howls filled the night.

"Antonio?" Dana whispered, trembling.

"You have two seconds to decide, ascendant," Garren growled.

"For God's sake, Antonio, think about Dana!" Alex beseeched. "Just go! Go now!"

Antonio didn't want to leave Alex with the wolf, not only because he wanted Alex for himself, but also not wanting Alex to be harmed. However, it was Dana that he would have to protect in the end. He had not expected such resistance. He took her in a tight grip and pulled her out the door.

Alex heard Dana scream as she saw the wolves rushing out of the dark toward she and Antonio and he cried out. "Please don't let them hurt them!"

Garren sensed several of his pack burning and he made them retreat some small distance. Not so far that the ascendant would forget their threat, but far enough away that the female could not see them. Alex was trembling now, the night had been long. However when he bent to console him, he met with a fierce look. He was once again struck, hard, but held tight to Alex as he growled. "Settle down, Alex, the female is safe. You can stop hurting your hands on me."

Alex shook his head. "You can let me go now! I am not about to rush off to be torn apart by your pack for my disobedience to the great and powerful Garren!"

Garren did not bother to respond to that bit of ridiculousness. He simply carried Alex to the cozy bedroom. He could still smell the sweet, lingering scent of the prince and he felt his body respond to it. He lay with Alex on the bed, completely ignoring the struggles and heart-felt curses. It had been too long since he had enjoyed his mate intimately. He slid over Alex, his heavier frame holding the cursing man immobile. He was so hungry for this, to be with Alex again, it would take his mate's mind off the unfortunate theft of the pretty Fox.

"Damn you! Not now. Stop it!" Alex was frantic. He couldn't let this happen. As Garren held Alex's hands tight above his head in one, large hand while the other trailed leisurely over his chest, plucking at the fabric of his shirt, almost playfully. Deep within him, however, a secret desire for Garren was overriding his logic, his intense desire, his need to save Fox. He hated himself at that moment.

"You need this, Alex. You need to have your mind off your troubles. You need what I will give to you," Garren whispered, licking at one small ear. "And I need you."

Alex shook his head desperately. He didn't need this! He hated Garren with everything that he was. He took Alex's surety of strength away with one careless flick of his powerful hands. As Garren ran his warm tongue down his jaw, Alex pushed at the broad shoulders, "Please don't." The unfamiliar act of pleading coupled with the strain of the evening made Alex cry out and his struggles intensified.

Garren growled and bit at Alex's neck quickly. Alex's struggles were wild, unfocused, he feared Alex would harm himself in his animalistic attempt to free himself. He licked at the small wound and forced a large amount of his spore inside. He held tight, whispering in Alex's ear until the body quickened with a different type of frenzy. Garren looked into the jade eyes, so lovely and he growled with insatiable lust. He could never have imagined this feeling. He burned to take the pretty body, drive deep inside him, pound in and out in a rhythm he knew so well, and yet he also wanted to kiss those pink lips, hear his name whispered, screamed. He wanted Alex to smile at him. He bent to kiss the sweet, pink lips and Alex groaned kissing him back with an intensity that burned.

Alex wanted to fight the feeling that encompassed him, but he couldn't stop himself from writhing beneath Garren's powerful body. When Garren slid down his torso trailing kisses along his seductive journey Alex stared at the ceiling, which was suddenly melting around him. He licked his lips slowly as Garren nibbled at his belly, his own tongue feeling so good on his lips. Garren parted his legs and engulfed Alex's cock hungrily. Alex's whole being was concentrated on that velvet heat, the slick slide of Garren tongue swirling around the throbbing head of his cock. His whimpers and moans made Garren growl in response and Alex heard Garren speaking to him but his words were incomprehensible to Alex. He still thought of Fox, worried about him, but the sensations were so incredible. He pumped his hips up, sliding his cock in and out of Garren's mouth.

"So g-good, oh y-e-e-s-s-s, don't stop!"

Garren grabbed Alex's muscular thighs and lifted them until Alex's weight rested on his shoulders. Garren withdrew from Alex's cock, reluctantly. He gave one last lick of the weeping tip and looked down at the pretty face. "Alex, do you want me to stop now?" He let Alex's hips down and looked into the incredible jade eyes. Narrowed like a cat's, his pretty little cat. He bent to kiss the pink, moist lips and whispered into Alex's mouth. "Tell me what you want me to do, cat."

Alex spread his legs wide and wrapped his legs about Garren's wide torso. "Please... oh please, Garren," Alex whimpered. He rubbed his cock up against Garren's, hissing at the hot friction. "Fuck me... now... please... I want you... I want you so badly... ple-please. I can't stand it."

Alex's voice was husky with desire, so sexy Garren had to hold back the change. His blood burned with his own need. He devoured Alex's mouth almost brutally. Almost. He was not so lost in lust that he would hurt Alex. He moved up suddenly, placing his large erection at Alex's mouth. He arched his back and groaned as Alex licked and sucked eagerly at his hard flesh. Alex was making hungry, desperate cries, wetting his cock as hastily as he could, wanting it inside him. Garren moved quickly and turned Alex on his belly. He bent to lick at the crevice between Alex's buttocks, tonguing the small anus slowly, closing his eyes with the pleasure of that small act. He couldn't resist Alex's pleas and moved up to place his erection at that wet, pink hole. He had to hold Alex's hips steady as he was writhing about, pumping his hips and clawing at the bedding. He pressed hard to gain entry and bent to kiss Alex's face as he made a sound of pain. "Relax, cat, I'm going to do this slow."

"Noooo, please hurry," Alex gasped, trying to push his body upward, but Garren held him still.

"You're so beautiful, cat. I'll never let you go," Garren whispered, his words a husky endearment. He was enthralled, the tight squeeze of Alex's body intoxicating him. He worked slowly to enter the tight sheath and finally let Alex move. Immediately Alex began to buck his hips, impaling himself on the hard cock over and over. Garren let Alex control the movement for only a short time before he began to thrust hard in and out. The bed creaked under their efforts and Alex tossed his head with undeniable ecstasy. He wanted this, wanted it forever. He turned his head and Garren covered his lips with his own and their tongues mated wildly as their bodies pumped, straining for culmination. Alex's scream of release was trapped in Garren's mouth and the erotic appeal of that made him shudder as Garren plunged in deep and found his own release.

Garren moved his heavy body off his mate and lay on his back. He pulled Alex over him and quietly soothed his trembling, gasping lover. He ran an appreciative hand over Alex's back, luxuriating in the smooth, defined muscles there. He cupped one trembling buttock and waited for Alex to sleep. When Alex fell into a deep sleep, snuggled atop Garren's large body, Garren allowed himself to relax and prepare to sleep. His arms curled about his mate as he began to fall asleep, instinctively protecting him. He would wake, he knew, at any threat to his mate, and the way he felt at this moment he would shred any creature that even attempted to disturb the cat's needed sleep.

xx

Day Five
Hour 2200

Skinner wasn't tired anymore and he moved through the forest so quickly that he was amazed. He followed his sense of Fox, though he knew Fox was far away already. He felt creatures around him, most running madly out of his path. The other things, the weak dead things were too clumsy to escape his passage and they burned, stumbling torches that fell to the earth twitching. Skinner extended little energy to shield additional areas but he cleared his path ruthlessly. To shield the areas that he had already claimed did not drain him, but seemed to be powered from another source, one that he drew upon at all times. The pink sphere existed still and it fed him easily. When the morning light was fading into the dusk of a new night he stopped to rest himself, four hundred miles from where he had begun.

He woke at full dark and started out again, but after only a few miles he realized that he could no longer sense Fox's awareness. He clenched his fists and for one brief moment he feared that Fox was dead. But, he knew that the vampire would not kill Fox, he had simply found a way to shield Fox from him. Skinner concentrated on the creature that had taken him. Focusing all his mental sight he tried to connect with the old creature. A grim smile covered his lips as he caught a brief glimmer of the dark thoughts of that one. It was gone as quickly as it came, but it was enough for him to continue his hunt.

xx

Aerie
Day Five
Hour 2015

Mikhail led Mulder to the large bed. "That's it, love, just relax and let me make you comfortable."

Fox lay back on the cool sheets, the smooth slide of the fabric a red, sensual bath. He watched as Mikhail slowly moved onto the bed beside him. Cool fingers toyed with the edges of the flimsy robe, smoothing over his chest. Obsidian eyes glittered with the candlelight, so dark and endless. He gasped as the cool hand slid beneath the silk robe and found one nipple, pinching it.

Mikhail sighed in delight as Fox's legs spread in response to the caress. Such an eager one this beauty. He rolled the nipple in his fingers and the legs spread even further, moss eyes wide with fright and passion. He bent and gently kissed the full lips, drawing in the plump lower lips and sucking it slowly. He felt Fox try to draw back, was still fighting him somehow. He looked into those eyes, so much intelligence suppressed, so much love for another that screamed to rise to the surface. He smiled so gently. "Easy, love, you are going to be with me for a long, long time." He chuckled as Fox shook his head slightly. "Yes, love," Mikhail whispered. He flicked aside the robe, revealing the lithe body splayed so wantonly below him. He bent to kiss the blood-infused nipple. He closed his eyes as he felt the inferno heat of living flesh, the taste of salt. He bit lightly, scraping one fang on the tender nipple. Fox gasped his body arching into the embrace. He tasted the sweet blood, just a drop, enough to make his own flesh burn. He felt Fox shudder beneath him, his legs opening further and then closing only to part once more.

"What, what are you doing to me," Fox rasped, his breath irregular and heavy. The murals above him were so vivid the images of naked, gilded youths worshipping at the feet of some dark lord. "Mikhail," he breathed, recognizing the dark eyes of his lover in the mural above.

Mikhail turned his attention to the next nipple, attending to it with his sharp fangs as gently, as carefully as he had done to its brother. He looked up at Fox, letting the beauty see the blood on his lips. The forest eyes clouded with lust and he let Fox taste his own blood. He lapped at Fox's lips sharing the sweet essence with a sigh. He rained kisses over Fox's face, sucking on the exotic mole, careful not to mark his face with his teeth.

"Grab hold the rail behind you, Fox," he murmured his mouth traveling to the long expanse of throat. He kissed the pounding pulse point and let the song of blood rush over him as Fox obeyed him, reaching his arms up to grasp the rail of the headboard. "Your lovely legs are so spread for me, such a wanton lust I have roused."

Fox licked his lips, tasting the lingering pungent copper clinging to his lips. He saw the green of one supplicant's robes in the mural and a flash of memory assailed him. Some secret hidden from him, something that Mikhail was hiding. Green eyes, framed by dark lashes, vivid with passion. He cried out as Mikhail gripped his jaw.

"Think of me only, love, no one else exists for you anymore."

Fox knew it wasn't true, somehow he knew, but he was Mikhail's lover, wanted to believe that this seduction was familiar and true. The green eyes faded back into the robe of the oil-rendered acolyte and he cried out as Mikhail's lips traveled down to the sensitive flesh of his belly.

"I can feel your heart beating here," Mikhail crooned as his cool hand grazed the tip of Fox's cock. "Such a strong rhythm. Such a lovely beat." He placed his lips on the tip of the cock, lapping up the liquid oozing forth. "I want you so badly, love, I want to take you in my mouth and drain you. Such pretty flesh, so needful. Do you need me, love?"

Fox lifted his hips, offering his body to Mikhail. "Yes, I need you," he whispered. Mikhail's smile was so tender, so loving he wanted to cry. He was loved here. How could he have ever doubted Mikhail? The ruby lips slid over the head of his cock, such a beautiful sight, dark eyes holding his own captive. He closed his eyes as the pleasure consumed him. When he opened them again he saw the ripple of flesh over Mikhail's face, as if some other face was superimposed over the pretty features, an old face, pale and horrible. He saw the thing smile around his flesh, copious teeth white and glittering, a black tongue snaking around the flesh of his cock. Red eyes glowing with lust, red like the silk, but so filled with fire. He whimpered as his hips were lifted closer to that ancient death mask and then Mikhail crooned to him, the voice relaxing him as long finger tipped with a long nail caressed his chest. Rippling away, the grotesque image was gone leaving only the beauty of Mikhail's haunting youth.

Mikhail smiled as he slid his mouth off the delicious flesh. He couldn't resist scraping lightly on the blood-engorged organ. Fox gave a guttural moan of pain and pleasure. The tiny drops of blood that welled from his taut flesh threatened to undo Mikhail utterly. What pleasure this changeling was. Such sweet tastes and scents... such beauty without death. "Shall I take you now, love? Would you like to squirm, impaled upon me?"

Fox shook his head, wanting it, but afraid once more. He could see something large hovering near Mikhail, as if it were part of Mikhail. He could smell the mellow wax, the musk of sex, his sex, and Mikhail's arousal. Some other scent lingered in the periphery, some unclean scent. He looked up once more at the mural, the green robe, a jade color like emerging ferns and tropical glades. The robe was still but the color was in motion filled with passion, love and tenderness. Green, it soothed him as Mikhail's words soothed him. His legs were moved, lifted, placed on Mikhail's shoulders. Such broad shoulders, the skin so luminous. He felt the nudge of penetration and knew he had felt it before. His feet on Mikhail's back felt the roughness of skin, like weathered leather. He closed his eyes and moaned as the impossibly large penis pressed home, deep and deeper until he was pinned upon it, Mikhail letting him squirm on it.

The ripple of illusion receded again as Mikhail bent his head to Fox's neck. He licked at the sweet, pulsing flesh and made a small cut. As the blood drooled into his mouth, he began to thrust in and out of the hot flesh beneath him. His true form a delicious contrast to the beauty writhing beneath him. Fox opened his eyes seeing only beauty as he lifted his hips to receive the old creature inside him, panting, open-mouthed and delirious. The sucking sounds at his neck mingled with the slap and slide of the sex and he felt himself lift into another plane, one of such intensity that he began to scream. Mikhail wound his long, powerful arms under Fox, lifting that sweet neck to his fang-jagged mouth as he rutted, filling the beauty with his leathery cock. He pulled his face back, eyes flaring red as the blood-lust threatened to consume him, not wanting to take too much from his lover. Drops of blood fell on Fox's face as he thrashed shamelessly, desperately.

The screams of the victims threatened to disturb his lover as his children flew back into the cavern, carrying their meals past them, wings beating in time to their hunger. Mikhail covered Mulder face with one, long hand and hissed at his children, his features a horror mask as they moved past the silk curtain and deep into the cavern, with swift speed.

"What... what?" Fox cried out, confused.

"Feel me inside you, love." The words were slurred, drunk with the blood and the lust. "Think only of me, you love only me."

"Yes," Fox whimpered. "Only you, always..."

Mikhail slammed in harder and harder, enjoying the sliding motions of Fox's body as he was opened and spread. He wrapped one hand over Fox's cock and pumped it quickly. Hungry for the fluid that would pulse from the delicious hole. "Come for me, Fox, come for me now," he commanded and screamed as Fox's body clenched tight around him. His back bent with inhuman agility and he sucked in the white seed, so pure, living and hot, so like blood, and just as sweet. He took all that Fox could give and then he filled Fox with his own seed. He slid off the warm body and motioned for a cloth to come to him. He gently bathed the beauty, spending long moments bathing the spasming anus. He couldn't resist a small kiss, a small scrape of teeth to taste the blood there. Fox was staring up at the mural again, his eyes and thoughts locked on to the color green. Green, Mikhail knew, like the lovely Alex's eyes.

"Sleep, love, you've made me very happy."

Fox smiled at the praise.

"Sleep now. I will wake you when I want to move on." As Fox fell into drained sleep Mikhail felt a presence, something powerful finding him for an instant. He immediately blocked the presence feeling the strength of the one who hunted him. He turned to gather up warm clothing for his lover and while Fox slept he dressed him in the warm woolen trousers, thick socks and several sweaters. He pulled Fox up, keeping him asleep with little effort, his sweet lover was drained. He smiled, in more ways than one. He slid one hand up from Fox's generous bulge under the wool and then up to the parted, red lips. Pulling a long wool, fur-lined coat over the bumpy ensemble and gathered his stolen lover up and moved toward the edge of the cavern. The night was cold and endless, the aerie so high that Mikhail could see every star in clear relief against the friendly night sky. The short time without cities spewing their filth had done so much for the splendor of night. The Milky Way hung low, clearer than it had been in a century. He smiled; it really was glorious. There were plenty of people to feed from, but no longer were they poisoning the atmosphere with their countless machines. The ascendant was far away, but moving fast, unerringly toward him. He took his lover into the air. The ascendant couldn't track Fox, but he was obviously tracking Mikhail himself. He had to keep getting further away from the deadly foe. Fox stirred as the flap of wings called up a chill wind.

"Alex..." Fox moaned. "Walt..."

"Don't even say it," Mikhail hissed. He felt the surge of recognition from the ascendant as what he thought of as his property called to him. Fox was sighing in pleasure at some memory and Mikhail flew on.

xx

Part V: You'll Love Me
uvalley@msn.com

Outstanding Skinner AU
Honorable mention

09/15/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: Probably, but do you care?
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe After the events of The Changing, the world is ruled by magic and Mulder has to learn to find a role for himself in the new paradigm.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money...wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you. uvalley@msn.com
Website if applicable: http://www.slashingmulder.com/Author_N.htm
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, (but mostly near her home) Thanks to JoB, Cerulean and Michael for their beta and delicious ideas... keep 'em coming love.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]