Go to notes and disclaimers


The Alliance
by Czara (Nicole)

Chapter Three
Out of the Dark


"Come to me, cover me, hold me
together we'll break these chains of love
don't give up, don't give up
together with me and my baby
break the chains of love"
"Chains of Love," Erasure

Fort Bragg, California
Day Three
Hour 0630

Morning light filled the bedroom and Alex blinked slowly, for a brief moment he wondered where he was. He was held down on his back and his first impulse was to throw off his captor and kill him, but he smiled instead. Fox. In what was apparently Fox's favorite sleeping position, sprawled on top of Alex. Fox's right leg was laid over Alex's thighs and his chest half covered Alex's, while one arm was curled around Alex's head, fingers entwined in the black hair. Alex felt the warm breath on his neck and Fox's lips parted on his flesh. Alex didn't care what was going on outside this room; he only cared that Fox was with him. He ran a loving hand slowly down Fox's spine. He felt Fox's smile before he realized Fox was waking.

"Where do you think that hand is going, Krycek?" Fox growled with feigned threat, as his face snuggled closer to Alex's chest.

"Nowhere!" Alex swore. "I was just trying to get you off me. You're like a leech, or a boa constrictor. Yeah a boa, all sprawled on me. You know I do have standards."

Fox chuckled. "I see. That's too bad, here I was hoping you were going to reenact that wonderful morning where you... did something with your fingers," Fox finished clumsily.

Alex grinned, "What? What are you talking about, baby?" He knew very well what, but he wanted his lover to have to say it.

Fox moved his hips and kissed Alex's throat. "That thing."

"What thing?"

"Alex!"

"What thing?"

"That thing you did to me with your fingers."

"I got that part, but what exactly did I allegedly do with my fingers, Agent Mulder?"

"Oh forget it. I'm sorry, I was confused. That wasn't you at all," Fox sighed. "Now I remember."

Alex twisted and pinned Fox beneath him, his green eyes boring into the laughing hazel of his mischievous lover. "Oh? So someone else did 'that thing' with their fingers?"

Fox just chuckled.

Alex parted Fox's legs with his own and moved his hips suggestively. "Do you think I should be jealous?"

"Oh yeah, you should. That thing... those fingers... they made me feel so good," Fox said throatily.

Alex groaned and crushed Fox's full lips in a possessive kiss. Fox's mouth opened and his tongue slid greedily into Alex's mouth. They kissed passionately for several minutes before Alex pulled his head up. "What thing?"

Fox laughed, "Just drop it, Alex."

Alex rubbed Fox's cock with his own and Fox licked his lips in reaction, the tongue sliding on his full lips, making Alex groan.

"Tell me, and I'll give you something nice, don't tell me and I won't. What thing?"

"Bully!" Fox protested.

"You want this?" Alex asked as his body moved sinuously against Fox.

Fox closed his eyes and licked his lips again, "Don't tease me..."

"Just tell me. You need to loosen up. I like hearing you tell me what you like."

"You, your fingers inside me, fucking me. God Alex, stop moving or fuck me now," Fox groaned.

Alex stopped moving and grinned down at his responsive lover. "Oh! That thing. Finger fucking."

Fox flushed. "Yeah, finger-fucking. I liked it."

"You like fucking period, baby," Alex teased as he bent to capture Fox's tempting mouth. "Don't you?"

Fox spread his legs further apart, rubbing his cock against Alex's. "Don't you, Alex?"

"Oh yeah."

"Then show me. Show me, Alex," Fox begged.

Alex sat back and ran his hands down Fox's chest. He lightly pinched first one nipple and then the next. "You're so beautiful, baby. So fucking beautiful, especially like this. So ready, so hot." He leaned in and kissed Fox. His lips barely touching Fox's he breathed in and out, wanting to be part of Fox. Fox flicked out his tongue and Alex groaned, moving in to devour the hot, slick mouth.

Fox was torn. He wanted Alex in his mouth. He wanted to be inside Alex. He wanted Alex inside him.

Alex ended the kiss and reached for the tube of lubricant, still uncapped and laying on the nightstand, where Fox had left it the night before. He squeezed it into his hands and slicked his hard cock with it. He closed his eyes as the pleasure of his slippery fingers on his sensitive head elicited a gasp from his lips.

Fox watched his lover enjoy his own body and he bit his lower lip to keep from begging. Alex's cock was so beautiful, so hard. Jade eyes caught his own and they communicated their need for one another silently.

Alex warmed some lubricant in his hands before he applied it to his lover's opening. He slid a gentle finger inside Fox's tight heat and Fox gasped. He worked slowly to prepare the small sheath, in no hurry, wanting this moment to last forever. He would give everything to have this moment with Fox frozen in time. Outside the world was insane. Here, here he was home, home wherever Fox was. The soft moans of passion his fingers wrought encouraged Alex to continue with his play. He slid his fingers deeper and stroked the sensitive gland, watching as Fox came undone. He moved his fingers in and out, turning them, opening them, over and over until Fox's hips were rising and falling, his arms spread out on the sheets in glorious surrender.

Alex leaned down and licked at the swollen cock, closing his eyes as Fox made a strangled noise. He lapped at the clear fluid seeping from the small slit. Fox's hips moved restlessly and his eyes were mere slits of hazel through dark lashes. Alex kept his fingers moving in and out and his free hand grasped Fox's begging cock and he laved his tongue round and round the tip until Fox's body was jerking from one pleasure to another. Alex pulled off long enough to stare entranced at the plump cock. Fox was moaning at the lack of sensation on his cock. Alex groaned. Fox was so beautiful, so very beautiful.

"Please. Please, Alex," Fox groaned. "Oh... oh ple... please." He rode the fingers with sharp movements of his hip. "Please fuck me."

Alex watched for one sweet moment Fox toss his hips and with a groan he took Fox's organ back in his mouth and sucked hard. Fox was shuddering, his head tossing hopelessly on the pillow, incoherent pleas tumbling from his lips. Alex joined more fingers in the play and Fox beat his hips wildly, desperately. When Alex felt that Fox was about to orgasm he pulled off the swollen cock and withdrew his fingers. He didn't bother giving Fox any directions, as he was too lost in passion to comprehend anything Alex said. He rolled Fox onto his stomach and placed a pillow under his hips, elevating his hips and exposing his swollen cock and balls to Alex's avid gaze. Alex rubbed lubricant up and down Fox's back just to see the slick trail on the smooth back. He spread Fox's legs wide and bent to lick the tight balls and the sensitive flesh between them and the small anus. He watched Fox's profile. The blinking eyes, the tongue wetting gasping lips made Alex lose his control. Almost roughly he moved into position and slid the head of his cock into that impossibly small hole. He closed his eyes for a moment, before watching Fox's face as he was entered and fucked. There was such a look of surprise and mindless lust on that pretty face, as if he had never been fucked before. It drove Alex crazy and he wanted to shove in harder. He angled his hips to hit Fox just right and he was rewarded as Fox lost any inhibitions and began to vocalize everything he wanted Alex to do to him.

xx

Antonio knocked on the door and Skinner called out for him to enter. The smell of arousal filled the cabin with sweet, seductive calling and Antonio grew hard immediately. Alex and Fox were playing again, and Skinner stood in the kitchen making coffee and getting breakfast together. What exactly was wrong with his brother? Were those two his, he would be in there with them. His aching erection demanded it. They broad-casted their readiness like bitches in heat and he could hear the whimpers of passion coming from the sweet Fox as Alex toyed with him.

Skinner turned and sighed. "Good morning, Antonio. I trust you spent a pleasant night."

Antonio walked to the little kitchen table and sat down, his legs splayed wide to make his erection obvious. "How do you do it, brother? How do you stand here while those two pleasure one another? They are yours are they not?"

Skinner poured a cup of coffee for Antonio and sat across from him, his eyes narrowed and threatening. "Yes. They are mine. Not yours."

"If they were mine..."

"But they aren't. They never will be." Skinner ignored the man's obvious hard-on. The appeal of Alex and Fox was compelling even when they weren't aroused, but when they were it was like the call of the sirens, almost impossible to resist. "I will do as I think best for them, Antonio."

"By letting them fuck like rabbits? I know they are sexual animals, but that should be for your benefit. You should be in there using them like they were meant to be used. Why do you think they were changed? Why any of the humans were? To reward us, dammit!"

The pleading began in earnest, as Alex teased Fox. As Fox begged to be fucked, both Ascendants grew rigid with lust.

"He begs to be filled and you sit here?" Antonio hissed in a strained voice.

Skinner slammed his cup down and stood. "Enough, Antonio! Your attitude makes it obvious that Alex and Fox are better off with me. If you can't see that they love each other..."

"Their love means nothing! They are concubines! You can't hold them while they cleave only unto each other. You'll never have Fox's love while he has Alex to cling to. Give Alex to me! I will take him far from Fox..."

Skinner lifted the smaller man from his chair with one fist in Antonio's shirtfront. "That is what this is about isn't it? You lust to own Alex. You don't care about my position with them, you seek only to take what is mine!"

Antonio shoved the hands off him with a small mental shove and he stood glaring. "Get used to it, Skinner. You cannot own such flesh and think not to be challenged. Surely you can sense that they are rare even among their kind. If you would just share some of the wealth... let another taste the nectar..."

Skinner had to calm himself with a great effort. It wouldn't do for Fox and Alex to see he and Antonio fighting over them. "There is nothing to discuss on this anymore. I will not share. I will not! I am completely capable of holding what is mine. You would do well to heed me. Because I will say this only once. I will kill anyone... .anyone who tries to take what is mine! Because I choose to let them love one another is my business alone. If I can make this easier on them, I will. And if this is your attitude... that they, the changed ones, are but animals to pleasure us, then I will have to seriously consider my initial decision on letting Dana go with you."

Antonio flushed with rage. He dared? "You have no say in that. Dana is mine! She goes with me willingly."

Skinner stared hard at the man. His voice was stolen as the sound of lovemaking in the bedroom was accompanied by the steady rocking of the bed. He could picture the scene and despite his words he wanted to stride into the bedroom and take what was his. They were so beautiful, the smell of them, the want in their cries, their sweat-slicked bodies so perfect. Fox would be tossing his head as he was penetrated, his eyes would be shadowed pools of moss. Those lips would be parted over incoherent words. And Alex. His dark assassin would be lost in lust, but aware of every shade of Fox's reaction. He would be watching Fox with an intensity that burned. Those pink lips, so sweet, would be kissing Fox's face as he thrust in fierce rhythm. His body was on fire; he wanted to take them, to devour them. They smelled so good, so hot. They were his, his alone to take to that gasping precipice. He growled with the need to plunder that sweet flesh. Fox screamed and Skinner shook. Fox begged for more and Skinner paled with the effort not to claim those cries for his own, to make Alex's voice cry out in the same way. It was Antonio's moan that dragged him back to the kitchen. Antonio was not there. Oh he was still standing beside Skinner in the kitchen, but his eyes were vacant, his body shaking. Skinner growled in rage as he realized that Antonio was projecting himself to watch the two beauties mate. He shook Antonio and when those black eyes flared red in response to the intrusion, Skinner pushed him toward the door. "I think it is time you went south, brother. You tread too close to your own mortality."

Antonio shook himself to divert his attention from the allure of the two lovers and he composed himself with an effort that cost him much. Without another word he strode toward the sea, to calm the desire that raged along his every nerve. Skinner could not hold those two for long. He was too wrapped up in doing what he thought right. Only one who knew his position in this new world could keep the two beauties from the rest of the world. As much as he would love to own them both, Fox would disrupt Dana, and he couldn't bear to discipline Fox the way he would need to be disciplined. He could force the beauty to his bed, could deny him the pleasure of Alex, but actually to discipline him the way he would have to be disciplined was not in his nature... old or new.

Skinner watched Antonio walk away, and part of him walked with him. He knew exactly how Antonio felt about the two men in the bedroom. His blood surged with the fire of his need to own, to possess. He watched as his brother took the path toward the rockiest part of the beach, and stood rigid as the cries of ecstasy grew frenzied and then silenced. He shook and clenched his fists. Alex's soft voice soothed his lover and with resolve he turned back inside and shakily resumed preparing breakfast. He wondered why he just didn't claim them now, they were his, every sleek muscled inch. He only wished that he could know if this was the right path. Was Antonio right? Would his allowing the two to cling to one another only serve to make his conquest of their hearts more difficult? He would not deny himself their bodies always.

xx

The shower relaxed Alex and he smiled at his sated lover. Mulder was thinking again, the look on his face was a testimony to that. His teeth were worrying his lower lip and his hazel eyes were a bit unfocussed. Alex decided to leave him to it. Besides Fox looked adorable. Who was he to interrupt him? He picked up the pale pink soap and gave it a considering look. Pink was a girl color, but the fragrance seemed okay. He began to suds up the soap and ran his hands over his chest. He had to grin as Fox, still lost in thought kissed Alex between his shoulder blades. He rested his head on Alex's shoulder as Alex cleaned himself.

Mulder was plotting. He wasn't going to share Alex and that was that. Skinner, he knew, really wanted him... not so much Alex. If he could keep Skinner exhausted, keep him sexually sated then he wouldn't have time to touch Alex. It seemed to be the best plan at his disposal. He kissed Alex's neck and thrilled to the wet slickness of Alex's flesh. Skinner would be satisfied and Alex... well Alex would just have to deal with it. He realized he was ignoring Alex's possible reaction to his little plan, but surely Alex would rather not be used as a sex toy. It was true that Alex might not like Fox throwing himself at Skinner... actually he would probably be pissed, but that was the way it would be.

"Fox! This soap is great. It's so sudsy!" Alex proclaimed in delight. He was covered in copious bubbles and like a child he stayed out of the water just enough to work up a slick covering of soap. "It smells great too," he added.

Fox smiled. Alex was staring at him with eyes alight with pleasure, a soft smile on his pretty lips. "Smells like Caress," he said with deceptive disinterest.

Alex frowned and looked at the soap. "Caress?"

"Yeah, you know, 'Caress before you dress.' That commercial with the woman in the shower doing what you're doing right now." A note of indulgent humor had slid into Mulder's voice.

"Caress? Isn't that a girly soap?" Alex had the look of a man who smelled a rat.

"Yep. It is a definite girly soap," Fox chuckled and bent to smell his horrified lover. "And you do smell enchanting."

Alex set the soap aside and rinsed with disgust. "Now everyone is going to think I liked the soap because of its girly scent," he said in a near-petulant voice. That tone in his voice surprised him as did caring what anyone in the rag-tag group thought. He frowned again. He was getting softer by the minute. "Why don't you just hand me some baby powder when I get out," he said through gritted teeth.

Mulder chuckled darkly and took up the soap. "I like Caress. Now don't look at me like that, Alex! I like how sudsy it is... how smooth it makes your skin." He worked the bar of soap over his own chest, letting his right hand slide down to his cock to wash there. He hid a grin as Alex pretended indifference while peering at him from beneath wet, black lashes. Mulder brought the soap to his nose and smelled it. "I don't think it smells too sweet, but the test is how it smells on flesh. Why don't I rinse it off and you can test it for me?" He slid past Alex and rinsed the soap from his chest and groin. He turned back to Alex and said, "Do I smell good?"

Alex pulled Mulder to him and crushed his mouth with a groan. "You sure taste good, baby," he husked into Mulder's eager mouth.

"But do I smell like a man?" Mulder insisted.

"Mmm-hmm," Alex moaned "Baby, we better stop. Skinner won't be patient all day. I'd just as soon have you dressed when we see him again," Krycek murmured. He wasn't going back on his vow to Skinner to try and accept things, but he was simply following his own protective, possessive instincts. Mulder looked too beautiful, all wet and aroused.

Mulder frowned at that. It was true. Why was Skinner allowing them so much time together? He sensed the man was in the cabin. Alex looked too tempting all wet and aroused. He pouted. "I was going to seduce you, get on my knees and..."

Alex stiffened immediately, and he groaned as Mulder fisted Alex's suddenly hard cock.

"And suck this for as long as you could stand it," Mulder finished huskily.

"Well, Skinner's left us alone this long. I don't see why he'd interrupt now," Alex encouraged, abrutply changing tactics, completely caught in the intricate snare of his lover's desire.

Fox grinned. "I agree. I think we have time."

"Yes, yes we have time... oh, baby," Alex moaned as Fox slid to his knees. He watched avidly as Fox fisted both their cocks. "That feels so good, baby."

Fox was entranced by Alex's hardness. It was so beautifully formed, long and thick and ripe. He licked at the sensitive head and groaned with Alex in pleasure. "You taste so good," he gasped.

"It's the Caress," Alex managed.

"Mmmm, I think you should wash with it more often. Tastes salty and sweet." Fox licked again and then sucked the tip hard, his tongue swirling about feverishly.

"You like the taste?" Alex gasped as he entwined his fingers in Fox's hair.

Fox just pulled more of the long shaft into his mouth in reply, his eyes raised to meet the slitted jade eyes above him. He watched Alex's face as sucked and licked, every motion designed to give the greatest pleasure. He caressed Alex's thighs, trying to squeeze the flesh, but the muscles were too hard. He moved his hand up to cradled the tight balls and he abandoned the cock to mouth that tender flesh.

"Shit, Fox."

When Alex spread his legs to allow Fox more room to play Fox moved from the balls to the expanse of flesh just behind them. Alex trembled and Fox resumed his toying with Alex's cock. He slid a finger back to the tight opening and gently sought entrance as he sucked and licked. He slid a slow fist up and down his own shaft all the while still watching Alex's face.

"God, you're so good, baby," Alex swore. The sight of Fox, on his knees with a cock, his cock sliding in and out of his mouth made Alex shudder. That Fox was jerking his own cock at the same time made Alex want to come right then, but he held off. He wanted this to last as long as possible. He tossed his head to deny the onrushing pleasure as Fox's finger found and massaged his prostate. "Mmm. Mmm, baby, Fox, stop... please... oh god, I wanna... oh, baby, stop. Uhh. Fox!"

Fox wanted to make Alex scream. He worked to the beat of Alex's panting moans and pleas, unrelenting and voracious. Long moments of the sounds of pleasure under the heavy splash of water. Gasping sucking sounds of tension and lust. Steam clouding the room as Alex's fingers tightened ruthlessly in Fox's hair, exciting them both. Fox could see that Alex was fighting orgasm, wanting to last, but he joined the first finger with another and together the two digits attacked Alex's prostate, pumping in and out. He abandoned his own cock in order to slide his fist up and down his lover's shaft as he focussed his lips and tongue on the apricot head. Alex was begging him to stop, but Fox ignored him.

Alex felt like he was on fire. He pumped back against the fingers inside him and rocked forward to feel the hot clasp of Fox's mouth and the pull of his long fingers. He tried not to. He fought not to, but he screamed as he came. Fox sucked and swallowed for a few minutes then he drew back and rested his cheek on Alex's twitching cock. A river of cum slid down his face and Alex watched shakily as the shower took the hot semen and washed it off his lover's pretty face. He groaned when Fox returned his attention to his own cock and shouted out his orgasm a few seconds later. Alex pulled Fox up and claimed him in a fierce kiss. He could taste himself in Fox's hot mouth and they slid their tongues together lazily. He cradled Fox carefully until Fox was able to stand on his own.

He led a still somewhat dazed Fox from the shower and chuckled. "I'm the one who got the incredible blow-job, baby, and you are the one who can barely stand."

Fox smiled, "Well, one day, Alex... one day I'll perfect it and you won't be able to stand."

Alex grinned. "Don't you dare do it better than that. I'd like to live a little bit longer."

Fox shook his head, smiling. "I can't remember my name when we're together like that, but I bet you can." His words implied much more than Alex being able to remember his name. It implied that though Alex was immersed in the moment, he had spent too long with the Consortium, too much time having to be clever and ruthless to survive, to ever be completely relaxed and to completely let go.

Alex rolled his eyes playfully. "If you think that of me now, when I've lost my edge... I just don't know what to think."

"You? Lost your edge in the space of a few days?" Fox laughed and playfully tousled Alex's thick hair.

"Fox, you make me forget myself. Those thugs in your apartment... Skinner sneaking up on us all the time! I am more distracted than I can remember ever being."

Fox frowned a bit. "Alex, you were... we were outnumbered in the apartment. It isn't your fault and besides you aren't superman," Fox said softly.

Alex shrugged. Well aware of his failures to protect Fox... and himself.

Fox attempted to lighten his lover's mood by tickling his muscled ribs. "Are you saying that I turned you into a little pussy cat? A cuddly little cat?" Fox teased.

Alex's head snapped up. "Purr for me, little cat," Garren had crooned to him.

"A sweet little cat to purr..." Fox began. Alex moved so fast that Fox didn't even have time to stop smiling. He was slammed against the wall with such force his breath was taken from him. Fierce eyes, the eyes of a killer bored into him. He'd never seen Alex look at him like that before. Not even when they were enemies. Alex looked like he wanted to kill him, to tear him up bit by bit. Alex wasn't hurting him in any way, but violence festered in the iron grip and burning eyes.

"Don't ever, ever call me that! Do you hear me?" Alex hissed. He punctuated each word with a firm shake.

Mulder was actually afraid of Alex at that moment. Perhaps if he hadn't seen how Alex had so easily taken out all those men so quickly in Mulder's apartment, he wouldn't have been so afraid. But, perhaps just the look and the strength in those hands that slammed him back would have scared him on their own. He nodded slowly. "Okay, Krycek. I won't," he said cautiously.

It was the name that brought Alex back to himself. Krycek. Fox had called him Krycek again. He recoiled from the fear in Fox's eyes. He stepped back, confused. "I don't know why I did that. Please don't look at me like that, baby." He reached out to touch Fox's face and then, thinking better of it, withdrew it.

"Like what?" Fox's voice was measured and calm.

"Like you're afraid of me... like you're... afraid of me," Alex whispered. He looked miserable as he left the bathroom and began to search the bedroom for his clothes, frantically.

Fox took a deep breath and followed him. "I'm not afraid of you. I'm just confused. I don't know what to say," he said gently, approaching Alex.

Alex shook his head, that look, that wary, suspicious look was still on Fox's face, in his beautiful eyes. "I don't know why I did that," Alex repeated. He hadn't meant to hurt Fox, but he had called him 'cat' just like Garren. Though he knew he hadn't hurt him nor would he ever, just the idea that he had lost control for those few moments, horrified him. He stepped away from Fox suddenly afraid that he would lose it again and really hurt Fox.

Fox saw the panic in Alex's eyes and reached out to gently stroke Alex's face. "Talk to me. Tell me what I said. Tell me why you reacted to it. I want to help you, Alex. I love you."

Alex tilted his face into the gentle caress.

"We both have to talk about things," Fox soothed moving to embrace Alex. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Alex stood docile, afraid to move lest Fox think better of holding him. Lest Fox realize once and for all that Alex wasn't worth his love.

"I thought I'd never find you. And instead, you found me."

Alex looked into Fox's concerned face. "I will always find you."

They were silent for a moment.

"He called me his... cat," Alex whispered. "He called me his little cat."

Fox flinched. "Alex."

"And I wanted him. There. I said it. I wanted him," Alex said gruffly.

Fox shook his head and stroked Alex's face. "When you came to me that night, you were out of it. Like on drugs or something. Alex, you can't feel guilty..."

"I begged him, Fox! I begged him to do it. God, I wanted it. I couldn't fight... I couldn't stop him... I..."

Fox pulled Alex tight and held him as Alex shuddered. "I know," he managed to say. "I know."

Alex looked at him. And understood. Fox did know. "He'll be coming for me. I know it. Fox, if he does, promise me you won't do anything stupid."

Fox raised a brow. "Stupid?"

"You can't know how strong he is. I don't want... I can't bear it if you were hurt. I can't protect you from him."

"Okay. I'll let him take you," Fox said calmly.

Alex frowned. He didn't like the look on Fox's face.

"If you'll promise to do the same thing. Stand aside and do nothing if Murdoch comes for me."

Alex glared and then he sighed. "Okay, Fox. Point taken."

Fox kissed him. "The point is that we are here for a reason."

"Skinner," Alex mused.

"Yes. I think we have to trust that he can protect us. It's all we have," Fox said with finality.

Alex looked down at his bare feet. That was the point of it after-all. Skinner could keep Fox safe, even from Alex. He recalled the night he made his escape, the thing that had taken over his body. He shuddered. At least it had led him to Fox. He'd rather forget what it forced him to do to himself. He tilted his head. Hadn't he carried something to be delivered to Fox?

"Baby, didn't I give you a package that night?"

Fox knew what he meant and he nodded. "Yeah, that's right. Where is it?"

Alex shrugged. "The last I saw it was the helicopter."

Mulder pursed his lips, the movement catching Alex's carnal interest like a hook. Mulder sucked in his upper lip, scraping the flesh with his teeth as he pondered that. "Yep, that's right. It must be there still. What was it? You said you were bringing it to me."

Alex shook his head. "I don't know. Some strange man gave it to me... someone who was fighting Murdoch I think... yes he was fighting, there were dead wolves everywhere."

"Who was it? Why did he give you the package?"

"I don't know. I went to him... he gave it to me and told me to give it to you... only he didn't really tell me your name."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I don't know, it was confusing. Fox, there was something... something inside me. It helped me escape, and it knew the man. It is blurry really," he lied, unwilling to discuss it further.

"Inside you? What do you mean?" Fox thought back to that night, how odd Alex had been. "Was it in you when Fro and I found you?"

Alex nodded. "Can we just drop it for now?"

Fox was frustrated. Someone was fighting Murdoch out there. Maybe someone they could ally with. But the strained look in Alex's eyes made him nod gently. "Sure, Alex. We can talk later, but we'll have to tell Skinner about this."

"I know, just later okay?"

Fox kissed Alex softly. "Whatever makes you happy. We'll talk about it later."

"Fox, I still want to know about Murdoch... if you want to talk about it that is."

Fox tensed. "He, he is crazy. And Alex? He is evil... not just in the garden variety psycho way, but truly evil."

Alex lowered his head. Neither of them was going to easily forget their experiences. "But, he didn't hurt you did he?" Garren had punished him, but other than that he had been careful, almost reverent with Alex.

Fox turned away. "Of course he did, but perhaps you're right. We need time to come to grips with things... then we can talk."

Alex remembered Garren's words. "Did he whip you, baby?"

Fox turned to him, a surprised gasp on his lips. "How did you know that?" The humiliation of that whipping, the crop slamming onto his tender flesh, the rape after... the camera and the crowd watching.

Alex stared hard at the near-panicked look on Fox's face and just held him. "Forget about it. C'mon let's just get dressed."

xx

Hour 0800

"Stop that racket, Langly. Some people like to sleep a little later than the early bird you know!" Frohike complained as the loud noises just outside disturbed his beauty sleep.

"Wake up, Frohike. A bunch of people are coming," Byers said with a breathless voice. He was watching the group of people winding their way toward the cabins and trailer. They were on foot, on bikes, some teens were on skateboards and rollerblades, the last finding it difficult once the pavement ended to make it to the circle of cabins. "There is a whole bunch of people coming."

Frohike stood, smoothed his flyaway hair and pulled on his gray slacks. "People? From the town?"

"I suppose so... they look normal enough," Byers responded, still peering out the window.

"Better get my girls anyway... just for precaution of course," Frohike muttered.

"Your girls? " Byers turned to see Frohike strapping on his leather belts and checking his guns. "Oh yes. Those girls. Just watch you don't shoot yourself." He smiled. "By the way, do they have names yet?"

Frohike huffed at that little bit of sarcasm and went out to meet the crowd. He did hope that his compadre Krycek was packing too. They made a formidable team... even if the other Gunmen didn't quite understand that yet. He patted his two girls. So what if he had named them? Big Bertha and Fast Francine were deadly and his pals would one day be glad he was becoming so proficient with them.

xx

Skinner was just setting the food on the table when he sensed the human parade coming toward them. "Fox. Alex. Come out here," he barked. He experienced a secret thrill as the two beauties hurried to obey his command. Alex was wearing jeans and Fox, only a towel. "Get dressed, people from the town are coming."

"We were getting dressed," Alex grumbled as he and Fox turned back to obey.

"I really want my own clothes," Fox pouted as he pulled on jeans and a white sweater.

"Oh yes, the glamorous suits would really be appropriate," Alex smirked. He ran a gentle, conciliatory hand down Fox's arm. His eyes asked forgiveness for his actions in the bathroom and Fox's responding grin eased him somewhat.

"Those suits project authority. People listen to you better when you are appropriately suited," Fox teased, so glad they weren't talking about Murdoch or Garren anymore.

"Oh, gotcha. So I was wrong all these years. I thought it was the actions of the man that defined him. I should have worn Armani."

Fox chuckled, "No you wore the appropriate gear for your... uh... line of work."

Alex nodded and said nothing. Fox would never forget what he was, especially not when he went mad like he did a few moments earlier.

Fox pulled on some thick socks and laced up a pair of borrowed boots, grimacing at the tight fit. "I am going to go to the town today and get some clothes," he vowed. "My own. Not borrowed from some dead people... Jesus they are dead aren't they? And here we are just taking their stuff as if they were of no consequence." He ran a shaking hand through his hair and Alex sat next to him, putting a strong arm about Fox.

Alex drew Fox tight and said, "You don't even know that. They might not have even been here when it happened. Hey, you can't help what happened, baby, and you gotta wear clothes," Alex soothed. Personally he could care less about the inhabitants of the cabins. He only cared about Fox, the rest of the world could go to Hell for all he cared.

"I feel like such a... a looter!"

"Well, you aren't. But if it makes you happy we'll go to town and get everything you want. I'll take you myself," he said softly, kissing Fox's face. "I could use some more black anyway."

Fox grinned and turned to kiss Alex. "You are really, really bad. Do you know that? You are bad to the bone."

"Mulder! Krycek! Get out here," Skinner barked.

Mulder jumped up with a wink directed at his still-sitting lover. "His majesty summons us," he quipped easily, unaccountably happy at that moment. He devoured Alex with his eyes. No matter what happened he had Alex. And that was more than he had ever had.

Alex finished dressing and followed Fox out to face the next adventure.

Skinner went to meet the group of people who stood gathered waiting for him. Their looks of awe and appreciation made him uncomfortable but he simply welcomed them as warmly as he could and then they all started talking at once.

Alex stopped next to Fox and leaned toward him to whisper in his ear. "I guess the big guy came through. The way they're talking it seems like they think he's the Easter Bunny and Santa all rolled into one big hulk."

Fox smiled, inordinately proud of Skinner. "Yeah, he sure did." He watched as one person after another told of how the strange creatures had not made a reappearance and that the night was one of quiet, albeit strained peace. Skinner took all the praise and managed to refocus the conversation to one of tasks, endless tasks that needed to be done. After thirty minutes Mulder sensed that Alex was growing restless. Frohike was standing to Alex's right as if he belonged there and Mulder had to smile. The other two Gunmen were standing a distance away. The looks of appreciation from several of the females they received seemed to confuse them.

Skinner looked over and gestured for Mulder to come to him. Mulder moved toward Skinner with Alex shadowing him.

"Mulder, you and Alex and the Gunmen will go into the town and help organize..."

"Sir, may I suggest something?"

Skinner turned, unused to being interrupted. His face took on a faintly resigned look as the middle-aged woman spoke again.

"We came here to invite you to our gathering. The town is holding a little festival tonight... to celebrate... that is if it really is safe. We want you and your friends to attend. There will be plenty of time to plan tomorrow." Several echoes of agreement from her fellow townspeople greeted the woman's words.

Skinner felt a strong thread of irritation at being questioned by this human, but he repressed this with a feeling of shame. He nodded gallantly. "That would be very nice. We would love to come."

"I need clothes of my own," Mulder insisted and Alex chuckled.

Skinner frowned and then nodded. "Go into town. I need to begin plans for moving south."

Mulder ignored this last bit and just grinned. "I have to go tell Scully," he said quickly and rushed off to find his partner.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Three
Hour 1930

Dusk settled in, but bonfires lit the streets of downtown Fort Bragg. The night came gently this evening, bringing forth no rabid beasts or screams of terror. Groups of people formed bands and the music mingled with the laughter and conversations of thousands of people lining the streets. Some people were just moving stiffly, as if looking for lost loved ones they would never find, but the general attitude was one of joy. Strange that, it had only been one night of peace, but it was enough. They felt as if they had come, victorious out of the dark. Maggie Scully was talking with a group of women, sharing stories and comforting one another. Mulder stood next to Scully away from the crowd. They were talking amicably and Mulder was teasing Scully about something. Alex watched as Scully tried to affect a disapproving frown only to yield laughing to something that Mulder said as he wriggled his brows. Alex fought back his jealousy as Mulder touched Scully, her arm, her hair, the sleeve of her new tailored jacket. Mulder too was wearing a new suit, not Armani, but beautiful on him all the same. Alex shook his head. Only Fox Mulder would pick out suits after the world had gone to hell. Well, he amended, only Mulder and Scully. They both dressed themselves as if they were on a case, as if they would be returning to D.C. soon, to walk the halls of the Hoover, flashing their I.D.s to gain access.

Frohike wanted to join his buds in their wining and dining, but he stood next to Krycek and offered the man a beer. Krycek shook his head.

"It's Sam Adams, man! How can you refuse it?" Frohike demanded.

Krycek had to smile. The man was so appalled. "Alcohol dulls the senses. Gives a person a false sense of security. I do like Sam though," Alex admitted. "I just want to make sure Fox is okay," he finished, turning his watchful eyes back on his lover. The party be damned, he wasn't going to drop his guard and let anything happen to Fox. The rest of the people could fend for themselves.

"Well, shit, this is a party. No one is going to barge in here with both Skinner and Antonio here," Frohike sighed. "I'm off to see what Langly and Byers are up to, but call me if you need backup."

Krycek chuckled as the little man strode off toward his strange companions. He couldn't help it. He liked the little guy. He was as innocent as a child, but spunky. He returned to watching Fox. This town, this party was irritating. He wasn't interested in it. His natural distrust of people coupled with his constant need to look for assassins under the smiling face of elderly women made this an ordeal to be tolerated. He wished Fox would just get tired of it and want to be alone. As it was Fox was enjoying himself. He couldn't leave Fox alone so he was stuck here. Skinner was off conferring with the remaining law enforcement officers and the town's elected officials. He could see the big man, who unlike Fox, was dressed in casual slacks and tight knit shirt. He did have one fantastic body, Alex admitted once again. Every muscle was pronounced and yet somehow sleek. There was such strength in that body. A group of children ran past Alex, knocking into him. He gritted his teeth. He hated kids. Little creatures that were always messing up things. How many times had a hit gone wrong because some undisciplined child had skittered between he and his target? Troublemakers, all of them.

Fox waved at him and he managed a gentle smile in response to the happy wave. He reacted instantly when a hand touched his gun. He found his hand filled with a soft shirt as he lifted the young boy in his grip. The pest looked to be about seven years old. He glared into the wide brown eyes and growled, "Don't ever touch that weapon again. Do you understand?"

The little boy nodded so eagerly that he resembled a pogo stick from the neck up. Alex set him down expecting the boy to dash off, wailing for his mother. Instead the little boy stood his ground.

"Go on. Shoo. I am not kid-friendly," Alex growled.

"I never said your name was Kidfriendly... I don't even know your name! Jeez! I'm Sam. And I have a secret weapon. Works better than that old thing you got there," Sam declared.

"That's great, now shoo."

"Wanna know what it is?"

"No."

"'Cause I could tell you," Sam promised.

"No."

"It works against them wolves. I saw it in a movie."

Alex glared at the little pest. He wasn't responding well to glares. He wondered what did work on kids. "What is it?"

The little boy held up a lock of short hair tied together with kite string. "Wolf bangs! Werewolves hate it! Makes 'em die," Sam proudly proclaimed.

"Wolf Bangs?" Alex echoed, his surprise evident.

Mulder came up just in time to hear this last bit. He had seen Alex lift the little boy up and though he knew Alex would probably not hurt the child he hastened over all the same. He tried not to laugh at the child's prized weapon.

"Wow," he said kneeling down to see the short golden hairs. "You got this off a wolf huh?"

Alex sighed. Fox would talk to anyone.

The boy frowned a bit and scuffed his shoe on the pavement. "Well, no. But Trixie is a Cocker Spaniel... she is kinda stupid and mean, but she is the closest thing to a wolf. See I cut a part of her bangs off and now no wolf is gonna get me or my mom and dad."

Mulder touched the prized Cocker Spaniel hair and said, "That is very smart. You should be safe here though. There is only a small amount of road into Fort Bragg not bordered by rivers. And you know that werewolves can't cross running water."

The boy grinned. That was good news. "Course I knew that! What'd you think?" With that the little boy ran off to share this news with his friends.

Alex was stunned. "What was that?" he asked.

Fox smiled. "I think your little friend was confusing wolfsbane and wolf bangs," he chuckled. "Oh that is so rich."

"No about water... running water," Alex insisted.

Mulder shrugged. "Werewolves can't cross running water. But, don't ask me why."

xx

He watched the two changed humans, they smelled so good. He wanted them. He made his way over to stand nearer. The humans all around distracted him slightly, their blood and flesh begging to be eaten, but it was the changed ones he wanted. They shouldn't be here with the prey. His brown eyes flickered to the two non-humans, the ones who were so frightening. As long as he and his pack members remained unchanged they could stay unnoticed. They had to hunt far afield from here, far from the protection of the big one's force. He smiled and passed a friendly word with one of his neighbors. His bitch was helping pass out drinks to the revelers and their eyes met for a moment in a flash of feral amber. The alpha member of their little pack came to stand beside him, drawn as well to the two deliciously beautiful changed ones.

"James, I take the hazel-eyed one," his leader said, desire husking his voice.

"As you will, Marcus," James deferred. "I'll take the pretty green-eyed one."

They moved ever closer. "We will have to be quick. Take them somewhere away from here... they are so pretty... so sweet," Marcus gasped.

He placed a friendly hand on his hazel-eyed prey. "Hello, beautiful," he husked out, pulling the pretty close. He was surprised to find himself on his back on the street with furious green eyes staring down at him. The pretty male was fast; he'd never seen a human so fast. He came to his feet easily and opened his mouth to punish the sexy green-eyed male who had attacked him, but he smelled something that lingered under the sweet scent. A smell that made him tremble. He backed away, eyes wide. That scent, that frightening, familiar and beloved scent. James too had caught it and he had already fled.

"Forgive... forgive me. I meant no disrespect. I didn't know." He turned and hurried away.

Alex frowned. He hadn't hurt the man.

Fox frowned as well. "How rude!" He proclaimed.

Alex looked at him. "What?"

"He apologized to you! I'm the one he groped. Why is that?" Fox growled.

Alex stared after the retreating man, his eyes narrowed. He ignored Mulder's grumbling and grabbed his elbow. He pulled Mulder from the street and toward a darkened storefront. He barely heard Mulder's complaints as he placed both of their backs to the wall, avoiding the windows.

"Are you going to answer me, or just drag me everywhere?" Mulder demanded.

"Something wasn't right about those men... something off. They... they just weren't right," Alex said harshly. His gaze scanned the crowd and found nothing overtly threatening. His eyes locked with a woman who was handing a beer to a portly man. She was laughing and smiling but as their eyes met, Alex tensed. She was wrong too. She was a pretty woman, almost beautiful. She had her hair in a ponytail and she wore very little makeup. She seemed a typical middleclass woman and yet her eyes were a killer's eyes. They met his and he shivered. There was a possessive quality to her stare, as if she knew him... well.

"Alex, a little paranoia goes a long way. I should know! But you don't have to drag me around. You could say, 'Mulder, I think we should make a mad dash toward the wall and plaster ourselves against it.' And then I could say, 'Oh sure, Alex! Sounds like a plan. Let's makes asses out of ourselves.' "

Alex sighed. "Fox, you never know when to shut up. You babble and babble. I am telling you. There. Was. Something. Wrong. Now just trust me," he hissed.

Mulder glared at him. "Trust you? Why not trust me? You fling me here. You fling me..."

"Is there something wrong?" Antonio asked smoothly.

Mulder snapped his mouth shut. "No. Alex is spooked. And I am going to find Scully." With one last look that promised he would deal with Alex later, Mulder moved away.

Alex wanted to strangle him. He made to follow him but Antonio stopped him with a small smile and a little mental nudge.

Alex found himself frozen to the spot. He was furious. He'd kill Antonio... as soon as Antonio let him move.

Antonio smiled and watched Fox stalk off. "He really is a beauty isn't he, caro?" He made Alex lean casually against the wall and he mimicked the position next to him. "I love how you make him beg. He begs so prettily doesn't he?" He smiled as Alex tensed at Antonio's words. He ran a finger down Alex's arm, flicking the black sleeve of Alex's tight shirt. He traced the bulging bicep beneath the end of the sleeve. "I would take you there as well, caro. Screaming to the edge."

Antonio was going to be very surprised with his arm broken, Alex promised himself. He looked over to where Mulder and Scully stood. Mulder cast him an angry look. Some brilliant profiler. Antonio was still sliding his hand up and down Alex's arm while Mulder pouted off with the wonderful Scully.

"Oh, Alex, if you don't want to be with Skinner, you can come south with me," Antonio crooned. "Dana would grow to desire you as I do. Fox might even follow you... who can say?" He leaned in to smell Alex. "You smell so nice... almost like... flowers?"

Alex's eyes widened. Fox would die! He said he wouldn't smell like a girl. He would deal with him later.

"Why don't you speak? I will allow it."

Alex raised a brow and wondered what Antonio would do if he suddenly screamed like the flowery maiden he smelled like. "I'd like to tell you how much I am going to enjoy ripping your arm off, but that might spoil the surprise."

Antonio chuckled. "You are going to learn so much in the next few months. Maybe I'll just wait for Skinner to bring you to heel. You'll be so much more pliable then." He stroked Alex's cheek and couldn't resist kissing those pink lips. He plucked at one hard nipple and sighed. "Maybe I cannot wait."

"Are you quite finished?" Mulder asked through gritted teeth. He had stormed back as soon as he saw the ascendant pawing Alex. He gave Alex a icy stare for allowing the kiss and the caresses. Alex stared back at him with an unfathomable look.

Antonio grinned. "No, but..." He stopped as he saw Dana standing beside her partner. Her brow was raised in that way of hers that broad casted her displeasure so effectively.

"Yes, Antonio, are you quite finished?" She asked coolly.

The jealousy in her voice made Antonio shake his head. She was going to have to understand. He was a god, he would have to have more than one lover. "Cara, I was but talking to him."

"It looked like pawing to me," Mulder growled.

"Me too, "Dana concurred.

Antonio glared at his lover's partner. Would he never stop getting her angry with him? "It is only pawing if the person being pawed is... how shall I say... unavailable."

Dana looked at her lover with a questioning look. In many ways, Antonio was like a child. It at once frustrated her and made her feel protective of him. She knew the protective feeling was ridiculous as he had power she couldn't quite comprehend, but she was nonetheless. As far as him lusting for Alex and Mulder, she was unfazed. She found the two men to be incredibly erotic... more so than ever. She even found Byers to be appealing. Her sex drive was in high gear and that she attributed to whatever change she and the others had gone through.

With a near clinical detachment she accepted the situation. It wasn't that she minded the idea of Antonio wanting another man, not really, but that he was choosing one already attached to Mulder. She was very confident in Antonio's attachment to her. Further, she had never felt so strongly about any other person. She loved the scoundrel. Not enough for him to upset Mulder with impunity, but enough to forgive him after he was dully punished, even if that punishment was a mere tongue lashing. The phrase tongue-lashing made her flush. Antonio certainly knew how to give those, in more intimate moments. She felt her ire melt away as she stared into his sexy face. He really looked like one of those lush models who wore butter-soft Italian leather coats and posed languidly for the camera. He looked deceptively slim, but she knew how perfectly muscled he was. She had spent hours adoring him.

Mulder saw the softening pose of his partner and he frowned. "Just stay away from him, Tony. I mean it," Fox growled. He pulled at Alex who was unusually rigid. He stared at Alex confused by the resistance to move toward him.

"Tell your lover to let me go, Scully," Alex hissed, still frozen by Antonio's mind.

Fox put himself in front of Alex, furious that the bastard was controlling Alex as he had done to Fox the night Alex had been taken. It was a gross violation. "Let him go right now!"

Antonio nodded, a bit regally and allowed Alex free movement.

Scully stopped Alex from leaping onto Antonio with a quick, "No, Krycek. I'll deal with him."

Alex felt Mulder's arms about his waist, trying to hold Alex back. "You better handle him, Scully. I don't like being pawed," Alex hissed.

Mulder had a hard time holding Alex still. He was still stunned at how fast Alex had moved from behind him.

Antonio bristled at the whole exchange. He loved Dana, but she would not handle him. That was going a bit far even for her. He gave her a dark look and grabbed her arm. As he pulled her away from the two stubborn toys, he promised himself that he would take his place soon. He would leave the next morning and begin to build an empire to rival that of what Skinner intended to construct.

Mulder turned Alex to face him. "I am constantly having to rescue you, Alex."

Alex paused at that comment. Mulder had been serious. His tone was somewhat overwhelmed. Alex decided to ignore those silly words and instead he rubbed at his lips. "He said I smelled like flowers, Mulder."

Mulder had to laugh, which earned him another glare.

xx

East of Salt Lake City, Utah
Day Three
Hour 1930

The pack members running with him now numbered fifty. They abandoned their homes, many leaving their bitches behind if they had young to care for. Getting closer to his mate made Garren relentless in his pursuit. He stopped only long enough to feed, to sex, and to sleep for short periods of time. The hunt invigorated him and he never bothered to change to his human appearance. He could see the Sierra Nevada looming before him. The pack began to howl around him as other pack members joined them. The Sierra like the Rockies before them would be only a hurdle to cross. He had not rested in four hundred miles, but oh what a reward waited for him. Garren grinned, Skinner would have quite a surprise in store for him. The pack cared not for ascendants or their wishes, they would fight anything and anyone Garren chose. Skinner could not hold his mate from him.

Suddenly he saw Alex, standing near the pretty Fox. He was against a wall, staring right into Garren's eyes. The look on that sexy face, so wary. Oh his little cat. He was arguing with the prince, and Garren wondered how Alex would react if Garren indulged himself with the tempting Fox. Could he share his mate with the lovely prince? The protective way Alex tried to shield the little Fox from harm spoke volumes of Alex's devotion to him. Could he truly claim Alex without taking Fox too? Garren growled as the Fox left to be replaced by an ascendant, one who fondled what was Garren's alone to touch. Each wolf running with him felt his fury. He commanded all the wolves for a thousand miles to come to him. The bitch whose eyes he used was drawn off by her mate and Garren could see his cat no more. It didn't matter, he would be with Alex soon.

Fort Bragg, California
Cabins
Day Three
Hour 2000

The cabin was dark as he stood in the bedroom. He saw everything perfectly, but it was his sense of smell that was holding his attention. The smell of sex was like a drug. It made his body rigid, his cock throbbed as he slid one, pale hand over the soft fabric of his trousers. He could smell the two changed humans' heat and lust. He hissed his frustration. He had lived so long without fear of reprisal. He took what he wanted and fed where he would. Now the changed world, glorious in its darkness, was populated with humans who had become too powerful to challenge. He lay on the bed and took a deep breath. He could smell the differences between the two beauties. He chose then which one to take. He would take him far away and keep him as his slave. He smiled and wondered how the beauty would like the dark mountains of his homeland. The journey would be long and hard, but Mikhail would take his prize north, over ice and snow and the cold, black waters that separated this new world from the old. His blood, the black ancient blood that gave him strength, not the borrowed crimson blood of humans, burned with his lust. Visions of long limbs, spread wide, gasping, full lips open wide for his own, for his fingers, for his cock. Tight, pink flesh, stretched over him, and blood. Always blood. Just enough to whet his appetite. He left the scent of his arousal on the bed. A challenge for his lethal ally. He rose gracefully, as if his body was fluid. He found a discarded article of clothing rich with his chosen one's scent and walked slowly into the night.

xx

Out on the rocks surrounded by waves, the Schell landed. It was here that he must wait. Here he could watch for the pretty prince. It heard claws on the submerged rocks below it, and it had time to give a keening cry before the creatures below pulled it down to devour it. The black water bubbled with the Schell's white blood as bits of missed flesh tumbled to the shore.

xx

Alex was kissing Fox's throat, kissing with such passionate intensity that Fox felt as if he were burning. He sighed as Alex's hand caressed his eager erection. They were sitting near a band that was playing a pretty good Dixie Jazz and the watchful Skinner constantly checked on them with intense stares.

"I want to do you right here, baby. I want to make you come sitting right here in the middle of this crowd," Alex whispered as his hand clutched at Fox's throbbing cock.

The milling people could smell the two's arousal, though they did not know that they were smelling it, they only knew the two were amazingly attractive and sensual. It didn't seem odd for the two men to be nuzzling one another, they were obviously sexual beings, and as such should be indulging themselves in such a way.

"Would you let me? Would you let me do that, Fox? Just take out your cock and play with you?" Alex's voice was a moist invitation, shaky in his desire.

Fox shook his head, "No, not... oh, not here, Alex," he hissed. He belied his refusal by spreading his legs further, allowing Alex's hand free access to his cock and balls.

Alex dipped his tongue into Fox's mouth and licked the parted lips. "I'd keep you from screaming, baby. I'd take your screams into me," Alex whispered, capturing Fox's lips in a demonstration of just how he would take Fox's screams. The kiss was intense and consuming, and Alex unzipped Fox's trousers intending to slip inside and stroke his hot, hard flesh.

"I'd just as soon not expose him for the pleasure of everyone watching, Alex," Skinner said quietly, his voice husky with his own passion. He drew Fox up abruptly and devoured the well-kissed mouth in his own possessive kiss. He took the round buttocks in a fierce grip and tugged Mulder closer to him.

Alex stood and clenched his fists. He watched as Skinner feasted on Mulder, as he pulled and pried on the full cheeks. He began to make small pacing movements as he was torn between the desire to rip the bastard off his lover, his property and the desire to join in. He felt like a caged animal, wanting to do something, anything. Fox made a sound that was somewhere between protest and passion, and Alex placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, to remind him of his presence.

Skinner pulled back and grinned at Fox's dazed face. "I could devour you whole, Fox, you make me crazy." He turned a look on Alex. His assassin was about to revolt, he could see it in the flash of jade, in the tense, muscled body. "Oh yes, and you, Alex. I could devour you too," he promised and was rewarded by a rare flush on Alex's face.

Fox suddenly pressed himself wantonly against him. Both Skinner and Alex were stunned as Fox cupped and kneaded Skinner's considerable bulge. Fox kissed and nibbled on Skinner's throat, rubbing his body up against Skinner's like some stray and eager alleycat.

"Mulder!" Alex growled.

Skinner chuckled. "So you don't want me to devour Alex, I take it? That is what this is about isn't it?"

Fox tensed and affected an innocent expression. "No, no that isn't it. Don't you want to take me somewhere... alone?"

"Mulder!" Alex growled in ever-increasing fury. What was Fox doing?

"I will take you both very soon. And though I appreciate your... uh... attentions, I do not like you trying to manipulate me. And look, Alex is upset," Walter growled.

Fox looked guiltily at Alex, trying to ignore the heated glare.

Alex was frankly, furious and amazed.

"Tell Alex you're sorry, Fox. Then kiss me and apologize to me for being a bad little Fox," Walter commanded, his tone husky with desire and the heady power of controlling such a beauty. He stroked Fox's plump mouth and bent to accept the forthcoming kiss.

Fox pulled back and shook his head.

"Don't test me, Fox, this isn't D.C. I am no longer your A.D."

"Tell me something I don't know," Fox bit out. "My A.D. would never have kept another person as a sex slave!"

Skinner looked down, "But he would have wanted to, Fox. Do you realize how long I have wanted you?"

Fox turned into Alex's embrace and hid his face in Alex's warm throat. "I'm sorry, Alex. I just didn't want to share you."

Alex stared into Walter's brown eyes and wasn't really surprised to see regret there. "It's okay, baby, I know the feeling. But we made a deal."

Skinner nodded in approval as Alex soothed Fox. "Take Fox back to the cabin. I will come right after I say goodnight. And, Alex?"

Alex looked up from Fox's head. "Yes?"

"Tonight I will play no games. You are both mine and it is past time you both knew it. I will have no more little scenes by Fox. See to it that I don't have to punish him."

Alex gasped and Fox tensed in anger. "You will not punish him, Skinner. If you so much as lift one finger to him in anger, I will kill you," Alex hissed.

Skinner smiled. "I would never hurt him, Alex, but I would make him watch me take you all night long. That would be sweet torment for you wouldn't it, Fox? I would so much rather a night of mutual passion, but don't test me. You won't win."

Fox turned to face him. "I would do all that you asked and more, if you could just leave Alex..."

"Enough! Alex, take him back to the cabin. Now!"

Alex bristled. "How? My magic carpet is being cleaned at the moment, if you must know."

Skinner grinned and pointed to an old, blue Jeep. "Take that," Skinner sighed. These two were more work than all his plans to rebuild this community and beyond. But for all that they were his most precious project. He could see the glimmer of a future, a happy future with the two, but it would be a rough road to get to that point. A rough and erotic road, he mused with a grin. His cock throbbed when Mulder gave him a pouting glare. It was more for Skinner's insistence on taking Alex then anything else. He chuckled openly as Alex led the still-bristling agent away.

He had to smile when he saw Byers dancing a slow dance with a pretty woman. The two were whispering and laughing together while Frohike and Langly regaled a gathering of townspeople with the tale of their escape from Washington D.C. and their facing down the forces of evil, the architect of the changing, Murdoch and his dark creatures beneath the city. He closed his eyes and located Antonio. When he was satisfied that Antonio was still in the town, completely involved in making Dana happy, he turned to wrap up his dealings with the town leaders. After another long half-hour of discussions he kissed the mayor on the cheek, and she bade him goodnight. He spent another several minutes assuring himself that the Gunmen and Mrs. Scully were fine, and after they all assured him they would be staying in the town that night, Skinner left. The people around him were amazed to see the big man just disappear.

"He does that," Byers assured his companion as she held tight to his slim frame. He blushed in pleasure as she kissed his neck.

"You're so brave," she breathed.

"Yes, well... I suppose," he stammered.

She kissed him full on the lips, loving the way he tasted.

Frohike grinned and turned to look around for a likely companion. After he had discovered how to be a tough hombre, the honeys just seemed to be anxious to bed him. He snapped his finger and pointed at a blushing, excited woman. She looked like a school teacher, but he suspected she was very hot indeed. He'd give her a crack at the Fro-man. She came to his side with an eager smile. Life could definitely be good even in these dark times.

Langly looked confused at the attention he was receiving. He just wanted to get back in his trailer and hide, but a college-aged jock brushed up against him and he felt an illicit tingling in his body. The young athlete grinned at him over his muscled shoulder and Langly found himself trotting after him with eager anticipation. This was really, really strange. He had always had a jock fantasy, usually there was a pretty cheerleader involved as well, but what the hell? He could stand to be the star in this young man's night.

Frohike shook his head, Langly had gone down the male path too. Oh well, sex was just too good to miss, even more so now than ever. Personally he had never been hornier, and that was saying something indeed.

xx

McClellan Air Force Base
Sacramento, California
Day Three
Hour 2000

The ship landed on the abandoned air field of McClellan Air Force Base. The eerie green lights illuminated the darkness and the humans nearby fled in fear. The awful pink light that had exploded around them not so many nights ago had left a path of death and destruction, bringing with it creatures out of the darkest nightmares. And this greenish light could not be good news. The dead things lurched toward the light. Maybe there was some easy, slow food there. They were shot in the head and destroyed immediately by the soldiers guarding the two men who walked from the ship to the large, dark building. Moments later lights filled the entire base. A high-pitched hum, too high for human ears, caused nearby pack members to howl in pain and rage. Most just fled the noise, but some changed to human form to protect their ears and still the sound irritated them. The bright lights attracted other beasts but the dozens of trained killers took out each threat with practiced ease as the two men inside the old Command headquarters poured themselves a glass of cognac and settled in for the night.

Outside the leather beat of wings overhead alerted one young soldier and he looked up to see a young man falling from the sky. The young soldier's blue eyes widened as the undeniably appealing man held out a hand.

"Blood," it sighed and visions of incredible sex filled the soldiers muscled body. His cock hardened and throbbed in his fatigues. He lowered his gun, watching those red lips curve in an enticing smile. He wanted those lips on him... sucking...

The sound of an automatic rifle near him ripped him from his daze as the beautiful creature's face dissolved into pulp. Long fangs appeared in the ruined face as the young creature fell backwards writhing and screaming.

"What's wrong with you, Adams?"

The soldier turned to see his sergeant who had fired into the face of the sexy thing. He shook his head in confusion and then leveled his own gun and proceeded to pump the writhing body with bullets. It died screaming, but the long hooked fangs still gleamed white in the pulped face. He knew what it was, but even then he wished for a moment that he had been allowed to experience the joy it had promised. His cock still throbbed in response.

xx

Cabins
Fort Bragg, California
Day Three
Hour 2030

"Come lay down, Alex, I said I was sorry. Why can't you accept it?" Fox lay back on the bed. He had discarded his shoes, tie and jacket. "Please come here?"

Alex ran a hand through his hair and gave in. He lay next to Fox and rested on one elbow to look down at his irritating lover. He stroked Fox's lips with his thumb and sighed. "I'm not angry, baby. Well, just a little I guess. You might have been a little less... eager to discourage Skinner from wanting a threesome."

Fox pouted, his lips ripe and ready. "I know, but I just wanted..."

"To throw yourself at him. I know, I saw," Alex growled and kissed Fox. "We made a deal. Either we stay or we go. If we stay... we stay... if we go then we go now."

"So you don't mind having sex with him?" Fox questioned.

"I mind you having sex with him, but I'd rather him then some other unknown. At least we are together. Why? Do you mind having sex with him? Because if you do, then we can just leave right now."

"I mind you having sex with him. I... I don't mind... I mean that is that I will admit to having some desire for him... some affection. Nothing like how I feel for you, but still, I trust him," Fox sighed.

"With Scully's life?" Alex teased.

"No. With your life," Fox said softly, a wealth of emotion in his low voice. "And I think that may well be the most important thing I can trust someone with."

Alex shivered. The emotions he felt, the love he felt for Fox was overwhelming. And the responsibility of caring for someone this much made him shake. He could normally take care of himself, but now he had Fox to care for. No matter how clever Fox was, he was still too trusting to survive in this new and strange world. Shit, Alex even feared for himself in this crazy world. He became, in that moment, utterly resolved to agree to Skinner's terms and to convince Fox to do so as well. Skinner was the best choice.

Alex kissed Fox gently. "You are better than me, I don't really trust anyone with your life. But if I had to I suppose I would trust Skinner not to hurt you."

"You can trust the Gunmen and Scully too," Fox assured.

"Oh yes. How could I forget that motley crew?" Alex teased.

"Scully isn't motley... and the Gunmen... well they may have their own styles but motley they ain't!" Fox drawled lazily as Alex stroked his ribs through Fox's dress shirt.

"Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to talk about your crew like that," Alex breathed as he bent to kiss a nipple through fabric. He caught the sensitive flesh in his teeth and tugged on it. He smiled to himself as Fox spread his legs. With Fox if you found an erogenous zone it was like a magic button, his legs would just automatically part. He really was a sweet little slut. He bit the nipple a little harder and Fox's hips moved restlessly.

"Well, just don't... call them... call them... Alex," Fox sighed.

Alex chuckled and moved on to the other nipple, "I won't call them Alex. I promise."

Fox smiled, "Smart Ass!"

Skinner was suddenly in the room. There was no sound, no bright light, he was just there.

Alex sensed his presence and Fox whose eyes were closed seemed to sense him too, but he just licked his lips.

For his part Skinner was ready to assert his domination of the two. While he understood their passion for one another, they were, in the end, his. "Alex, come here," he said quietly.

Fox's eyes popped open and a disapproving frown curved his lips as Alex got of the bed.

Alex approached Skinner slowly and he could hear Mulder sitting up in the bed. Skinner stroked Alex's face and smiled gently, his eyes filled with desire.

"On your knees," he growled.

Alex's only reaction to that was a slight flaring of his nostrils before he slid to his knees, his face level with Skinner's bulging crotch.

"Kiss me," Skinner said, lightly stroking Alex's head.

Fox frowned at the words. He didn't protest, but bit his lip as Alex leaned forward and kissed the fabric over Skinner's hard cock. His eyes met Skinner's and he felt rather than heard Skinner's command to come to him. He walked to the two men and stared at the sight of Alex's pink lips kissing the cloth-encased penis.

"Take off your clothes, Fox."

He blinked a few times before complying. Skinner's eyes were glowing red and Fox found himself shivering with desire. He wanted to please Skinner, though he couldn't say why. He knew Skinner wasn't influencing him. There was something here, something he never had known, a total lack of control. Not that he couldn't leave if he wished, but that in staying he gave up his choices. He gave up resistance, but also he gave up responsibility. If it weren't for his love of Alex, his desire to keep Alex for himself, he would be quite happy. With sudden clarity he realized that Skinner knew it, that Alex knew it as well.

Skinner watched as Fox struggled with himself. He wanted the security of this arrangement, but he wanted it on many levels, the most important residing in his life-long search for love and security.

"Take my cock out, Fox, and give it to Alex's mouth... feed it to him, baby," Walter said huskily.

He knew that Fox would have to get over his possessiveness of Alex soon, or he would be miserable in this relationship. Surprisingly, Alex was less resistant to the whole thing. It was probably that Alex had seen so much, experienced so much in his young life. This was just another trial, maybe even a release. There was desire in the way those pretty lips caressed him. Skinner prayed that he would not take pleasure from either man if they were truly unwilling. He prayed that he hadn't changed that much, that he would take them even if their bodies weren't eager. He knew that part of their eagerness was their new nature. So sexual. So sweet.

Fox was unzipping Skinner's trousers, and both he and Alex were unconsciously rapt with interest as the large cock peeped out from behind white, cotton boxers. When the huge organ was fully revealed both men sighed their appreciation. Skinner smiled down at them. Fox had kneeled beside his lover and both were staring entranced at the big cock. Alex still clothed, and Fox deliciously nude.

"Kiss it, both of you."

Alex kissed the tip, his lips moving aside to allow Mulder to join in on the caress. Fox's tongue flicked out and swabbed up the moisture there and Alex's tongue slid into Fox's mouth to share that pearl of moisture. Fox sucked in Alex's tongue before turning his attention back to the cock above him. While he tasted the head, Alex worked down the length of the shaft. Both men were lost in the sensuality of the moment, sharing Skinner's body as if it were some rare treat.

"Look at me," Skinner managed. Both sets of lovely eyes looked up as if startled. He smiled, they really were so sexual. They had been so lost in the moment he imagined his words startled them. However, he wanted them to know who they were servicing. Fox slid the tip of Skinner's cock in and out of mouth and Alex worked down to his balls. They stared up at him as they worked; their eyes were glazed with passion.

"Undress me, Fox. Alex, take off your clothes."

Both men reluctantly left the sweet work and Fox slowly undressed Skinner, revealing the gloriously muscled frame. "You're so big," he whispered as he bent to kiss a nipple.

Skinner hissed in appreciation and watched as Alex stripped. What a contrast between his two lovers. Where Alex's body was muscled and defined in every inch, Fox was lithe and his muscles long and toned. So perfect and beautiful both of them. Fox's athletic body and Alex's dangerous body. Skinner smiled. Before his changing, Alex could probably have killed him, Marine training or no. The man was dangerous, it made the seduction that much sweeter. Sweet meat. All his. Oh what he could do to these two. What fantasies he could play out. Every position, every possible perversion. He could lick honey from Alex's body, fuck Mulder's fantastic mouth, hard, while watching Alex pound into that tight sheath. He struggled with his nature and settled for bringing the two to the bed where he intended on exhausting them.

The strange scent on the bedclothes distracted him. His eyes became glowing rubies and Fox backed into Alex nervously. Alex slid protective arms around Fox, as Skinner seemed to lose his mind. The bed was lifted and tossed toward the wall with a great heave and the window shattered out with such force the glass was thrown forty feet. Skinner began to pace and Alex drew Fox back away from him.

"What is it, Walter?" Fox asked carefully, letting Alex move him away.

Skinner turned to stare at his humans, his eyes like targeting beams. He shook his head, letting the rage flow out of him. Some creature, some ancient creature, strong enough to defy him had been here. Here where his humans slept. It was outrageous and he wanted to go out and hunt it, to kill it. It wanted what was his. Would take what was his if it had the chance.

"Something was here, something that challenges me," he said quietly. He looked at the ruined window and was thankful there was no glass inside to cut his human's feet. He righted the bed and instructed Fox to fetch some clean linens. When the bed was re-made he sat on it, smiling now at his sweet ones. "Come to me."

He lay with his legs spread wide as the two sucked and licked at his cock. Two heads bobbing in his lap, two hard cocks rubbing on his legs, two tight asses waiting to be filled. The pleasure was overwhelming as he held those heads tight by their hair and moved the pretty mouths to his own tune. He didn't bother with words, just moved Fox to sit over his face, Fox staring into Alex's eyes as Skinner moved Alex over his cock. He closed his eyes and tasted Fox as Alex's ass clutched tight on his throbbing, wet cock. Alex and Fox were kissing and stroking one another's organs, panting with need and lust.

He took them many ways that night, but in the end they cuddled up together, Fox moving in his sleep to sprawl over Alex's resting body. Alex's eyes met Skinner's as Skinner kissed Fox's back.

"I have to admit, that I enjoyed that," Alex sighed.

Skinner chuckled. "I aim to please, assassin," he purred.

Alex shifted Fox's head onto his shoulder as he smiled lazily. His green eyes slid closed as sleep overcame him.

Skinner watched the two sleep as the first fingers of dawn began to stretch out in the sky. He rested for a few hours, not needing much sleep. The sound of the water crashing relentlessly ashore lulled him and he let himself drift.

xx

Foothills of The Sierra Nevada
Folsom, California
Day Four
Hour 0530

The pack had moved into California early in the morning and Garren stopped to rest. He slept deeply, undisturbed by dreams or fears of failure. When he woke the hundreds of wolves with him roused themselves and followed him as he continued the hunt. They were of one mind, to reclaim their master's mate. When they descended from the Sierra and raced into the foothills they became agitated. Wolves began to change to human and back again as the unmistakable force of the ascendant made himself known. They howled and whimpered with the desire to change to human form and stay that way, but their Garren was implacable. He stayed changed and they could not keep up with him as humans.

Garren seethed. This human ascendant was powerful. They were hundreds of miles from their goal and still his pack reacted. They would follow him but every mile closer to the ascendant they were more and more anxious. Garren too felt a small discomfort, but the human thief was not strong enough to control him. Younger pack members fell behind, but they would keep coming. Their fear was not strong enough to make them stop. He commanded the bitch who had been near his mate the previous night to go to him so he could once again see those beautiful eyes. She roused herself from her slumber three hundred miles away and though she trembled and whined in fear, she obeyed him.

He had underestimated this ascendant, but he was nothing if not clever. His cat would be longing for him, even if he didn't know it. He could make the cat come to him.

xx

Cabins
Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
Hour 0530

Alex sighed in his sleep. The dream came. He was running and the wolves were chasing him, when he was brought down he saw his mate's gem-like eyes. Blue Topaz on fire. That is what they looked like. He stretched beneath the huge body and opened his mouth for a kiss. His legs spread and rubbed the muscled hips. He wanted Garren to take him. His body burned, his cock throbbed.

"I'm coming for you, pretty cat," Garren growled in his ear.

"Oh yes, oh yes, please... Garren!"

Alex woke with a start, his cock a throbbing reminder of his shameful lust. Fox stirred on top of him.

"W-what? Hmm, Alex?" Fox yawned sleepily.

Alex flushed with shame and held tight to Fox. "Nothing, baby. Go back to sleep," he whispered soothingly. Skinner was no longer in the room, and for that Alex was grateful. Fox cuddled even more closely to Alex and fell back into sleep. Alex shut his eyes and tried to forget how beautiful those blue eyes gleamed. He hated Garren. Why then did he burn for him? Why did he ache for him?

"Don't take me from Fox," he pleaded quietly. "I couldn't bear it." He felt the burn of tears in his eyes. He couldn't lose Fox, not when Fox was the only thing he had worth living for. He kissed Fox's shoulder and shuddered. "Please don't take me from him."

Skinner sensed Alex's turmoil and rushed back from the beach with a concerned frown. He entered the bedroom quietly, leaning over the bed to soothe the man. "What is it, Alex?"

Alex looked up into the concerned face and whispered," Garren... he's coming for me, isn't he?"

Skinner cocked his head and after a moment, he nodded. "I think he is. Don't worry, assassin, I won't let him take you. He's not strong enough."

Alex looked doubtful. "He is stronger than you know."

"Yes, very strong. But then, so am I. Rest now. Fox would be upset if you were worried. And we can't upset him, now can we?"

The gentle tone soothed Alex and he shook his head, "No, no we can't. Skinner?"

Skinner stroked Alex's brow, much like a father trying to get a child to sleep. "Yes, Alex?"

"If it comes down to it, protect Fox. Please. Please don't let your possession of me come before your love of Fox... don't endanger him. If you can't protect us both, protect Fox."

Skinner smiled. "But don't you see, Alex? I love you too. I don't know why or when, but I love you too. Now sleep. Garren and his pack will not succeed. I promise."

Alex felt a warmth encase his heart at Skinner's words. The truth of them made him feel warm. He smiled and closed his eyes, holding on to Fox with sleepy strength.

Skinner's face lost all tenderness, as he looked inward to see the threat to his family.

xx

Foothills of The Sierra Nevada
Auburn, California
Day Four
Hour 0545

Garren was momentarily startled when four pack members burst into flame around him. Encased in terrifying fire they still ran at his side before falling dead in their tracks. So. The gauntlet was thrown. The Ascendant would fight. So be it. He could not burn them all, and he could not burn Garren. Though compared to the original human populations the pack was sparse. But they numbered in the millions and if it came to war, then the bitches would breed. Not in the human way of one or two, but in the wolf way, in litters.

xx

Cabins
Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
Hour 0600

Skinner sat beside his two lovelies and smiled. Garren would keep coming, but the closer he came the more of his pack would burn. His mind turned back to the strange carcass he had found on the beach this morning. It had only small bits of flesh clinging to its skeleton, but its face was something from a horror book. It looked like the gargoyles from one of Mulder's cases. Something had devoured it and he resolved to keep his family from swimming until he could identify the culprit. It was something he missed. He had to know what he was fighting to keep them away. So far he had just been able to repel the things that had already attacked his people. He wondered what other surprises this world would bring.

xx

Murdoch Family Estate
Sirius
Annapolis, Maryland
Day Four
Hour 1000

Murdoch was nearly set. His forces had aligned nicely, there was that war in Europe still, but he would not waste anymore time on that. He was impatient to reclaim his prince. Even his Fox-alikes and his changed beauties, as appealing as they were, were not enough for him. He wanted Foxling. It was unseemly that he go chasing after his errant prince so he waited for the schells to do their work. However, Skinner was powerful. It might take Murdoch himself to go fetch his prince. Skinner would be drained no doubt when Garren made his move. Ah Garren. The uncomfortable feeling he had that Garren might turn to Skinner and form an alliance made him shiver. Garren would have no need to from an alliance if Murdoch had Fox. Garren would want to please his mate, as was the way of the pack. If Alex wanted something, Garren would want to give it to him. And what would the little cat want, if not Fox? If Murdoch had Fox, Garren would bring Alex to him.

The women came in. There were four, always four in a coven. They moved like smoke, their bodies almost too pleasing. He smiled, knowing their true appearance.

"You bade us come to you, master?" The witches chorused, their voices inseparable in their uniformity.

"Yes."

"What do you wish of us, master?" They asked, heads bowed.

"I wish for my prince to love me. Can you make him love me?"

The witches were silent and he frowned. "Well?"

"We know nothing of love."

"I don't want you to love me, only my prince, hags!" Murdoch spat out.

"We can make him lust, or hate or fear, master. We can make him covet and crave, but love we cannot know," they said.

Murdoch sighed. Love was what he wanted. Lust he could created himself. "Covet and crave?" He mused. "Yes, make him crave me... bring him to his knees with lust for me," he smiled. "He will come willing to my leash then."

"As you wish, master," the witches said before leaving his presence.

xx

Cabins
Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
0830

The woman stepped off her bike and smiled sweetly at Skinner as he watched Fox and Alex look through the helicopter, chatting comfortably with one another.

"I thought you three would like some fresh muffins," she said, untying a basket from the rack on the bike. "They're still warm," she promised.

Skinner studied her carefully. There was something not right about her. Her eyes kept flickering toward his family and he stepped between them and her.

"Thank you, and you are?"

"I am called Sera. I live in Fort Bragg with my husband, James. We are both so grateful to you for ridding us of all those terrible creatures. This is the least I could do," she said in a shy voice.

Skinner took the muffins, his eyes locking with her gentle brown eyes. They were almond shaped and beautiful, but he was wary for some reason.

Fox, ever a sucker for food he didn't have to cook came trotting over, leaving Alex to search the helicopter for whatever they were looking for.

"Hi, are these for us?" he asked, smiling at the tall woman.

"Of course. For you all," she murmured.

Alex let out a shout of success. "I found it, Fox! It was under the seat." He waved the small package at Fox who was too busy looking in the basket. He jogged over to his lover and waved the package under his nose, and then he recognized the woman. He frowned and pulled Fox away from her with careful movements.

"I am so pleased to meet you," she said looking straight into his eyes. Her eyes changed slightly, amber glowing beneath long lashes. "Are you well?" She asked.

He looked to Skinner and cleared his throat, not knowing why the woman disturbed him.

Mulder pulled out of Alex's grip and went back to rooting through the basket. "Oh, banana! You are so wonderful!" He exclaimed and reached out to touch her arm. He was surprised when Alex grabbed his hand and pulled it back.

"We have to go back to the cabin now, but it was nice to meet you. C'mon, baby." Alex said quickly.

"Alex! Why are you... ?"

"Go on, Fox," Skinner commanded.

Fox set his mouth in a determined way. "I am sorry that they are being so rude. My name is Mulder. Nice to... hey!"

Alex pulled Fox away and toward the cabin. Fox really had no instincts at all!

"Krycek, I swear if you don't stop pulling me around, I'm going to hit you!" Fox swore angrily.

Alex looked over his shoulder at the woman. He pulled Fox closer to him and left her to Skinner.

The woman made a small whining sound and Skinner stared hard at her. "You had better go now," he warned.

She looked at him for a moment and then back to his family. Her eyes were a bright amber now and there was no fear in them, only a strange contempt and Skinner felt his instincts explode. He let her feel his impatience and she whimpered, clearly wanting to leave, but unable to do so until the door to the cabin closed behind Alex and Fox. She turned a quick look on Skinner and her eyes lost their contempt to be replaced by fear. She ran, abandoning her bike. He watched as she disappeared, amazed at her speed.

Inside the cabin Fox was berating Alex, while Alex tried to soothe his ruffled feathers.

"Don't even talk to me, Krycek," Fox declared as Skinner entered. Fox plopped on the couch and stared at his muffin.

"Alex was only trying to protect you, Fox, you shouldn't upset him with your tantrums," Skinner scolded as he patted Alex soothingly.

Fox glared, pouted, and ignored them both.

"Baby, she was..."

"A nice lady who baked us muffins," Fox finished angrily. "Don't talk to me."

Skinner had to grin. Fox could shake up Alex like nothing else he would bet. Just Fox being angry with him agitated the assassin.

"She wasn't a nice lady, Fox. I don't know what she was, but Alex was right to be wary. I am surprised that you, a trained agent couldn't feel that," Skinner said gruffly.

Fox rolled his eyes. "And they call me paranoid?"

Alex slumped in a chair across from his lover. "She looked at me like she knew me."

"Yeah? Well, she probably saw you last night," Fox snapped.

"No! Like she knew me. Well," Alex insisted.

"She probably regrets it," Fox spat. At Alex's hurt look he immediately felt contrite. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that at all, Alex. You just make me so mad. I am not a child. I don't like being treated as one."

"What did you find in the helicopter," Walter asked, changing the subject.

Alex tossed the package to Skinner. "Someone gave this to me to give to Fox. He said something about giving it to his friend... that nothing would ruin their chances more than... uh... me being hurt. And the thing... uh helping me said I was the 'mate' or something like this. And I suppose it meant me as it was to give the package to Fox."

Skinner frowned. "What thing are you talking about?"

"Something came in me... anyway there is the package," Alex said abruptly. He really didn't want to talk about any of it.

Skinner nodded and opened the small parcel. He raised a brow as two medallions on short strips of black leather were revealed. Both medallions were of sterling silver inlaid with neilo. The black color of the neilo alloy filled in the intricate design.

"It looks like a depiction of some sort of deity. Here, Fox, take a look," Skinner offered.

Mulder took the medallions and studied them. He shook his head. "I don't know. It looks Eastern, but I can't be certain. If I had access to a database or books... Isn't there a library in the town?"

Skinner nodded.

"It probably doesn't have what I need, but I'll give it a go." Despite his casual tone, Mulder was thrilled to be on a case again.

Alex sighed heavily. "Oh joy, the library!"

Skinner grinned. "You aren't going to the library, Alex. You are going to help me organize..."

"I am going to stay with Fox. This is your deal. Incase you haven't noticed, it's not exactly a safe world, Skinner," Alex said darkly.

Skinner raised a brow.

"Alex, I will be fine. I'll be in a library. These people need to get all the dead buried and all the cars off the roads, and... all sorts of things. You go help Walter," Mulder insisted.

"No way. I'm staying with you and that is my final word on it," Alex bit out.

xx

Public Library
Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
1700

Hours later Mulder worked alone in the library. Alex was off doing some work with Skinner. He smiled, remembering that argument. Skinner had won in the end, of course.

He had found some literature on ancient deities, but nothing that matched the medallions. He was so intent on his study that he didn't notice the three men who entered the reference room in which he worked. He chewed on the end of his pencil as he flipped through the glossy pages of a book on Mythology.

"I bet you are wishing that pencil was something else, pretty boy, " a rough voice purred behind him.

Mulder jerked in surprise and then slowly took the pencil out of his mouth and took off the glasses he had liberated from the pharmacy. He stared at the three men. All of them were dressed in jeans and T-shirts. One had a San Jose Sharks baseball cap. Mulder thought it interesting that all of them seemed to be so completely agitated.

"Can I help you?" he asked in a faintly amused tone.

"Oh, I think you can." The Shark fan grinned. "You see, we noticed you last night."

"Yeah, you and your pretty friend were getting pretty hot and heavy there. I think that makes you a homosexual," another of the bright trio purred.

"Is that right? So?" Mulder was more than a little irritated. After all he had experienced, homophobes was the last thing he needed.

"So we figured all you girly boys want all the dick you can get, and we thought we'd give a real memorable time," the third and biggest growled out.

In truth all three men were confused and not a little angry at their attraction to the pretty man. They were true blue heterosexuals, to the last. But, this man was something different. He smelled good, he looked good, he was supposed to be fucked. He was supposed to open his mouth and suck any dick that pointed at him. Why they thought that way had been something of conversation among them and several of their friends. After a night of jerking off to the vision of violating this man, they had decided to take advantage of him being here all alone. And looking so pretty too.

Fox stood, his icy stare fixed on the three men. "You figured wrong." He picked up one thick book, slid the medallions into his suit pocket and made to move past them. When he was grabbed by two of the men, he swung the book and knocked one off immediately. He fought off the next only to have the third grab him from behind. When his crotch was grabbed and squeezed he cried out in pain but kicked the man in front of him and slammed his head back into the man's face, breaking his hold. He lunged away and put the table between he and his unlikely attackers.

"You just stop fighting, boy. You are going to be spread out and fucked and there is nothing you can do about it," the Shark fan hissed, rubbing at his bleeding nose. One of his friends was just now getting off the floor, holding his crotch where Fox's kick had connected painfully.

"I think I am doing quite well, thank you," Fox said in a sarcastic tone that infuriated the men.

He wasn't supposed to be a fighter. He was a girly boy. Girly boys weren't fighters! It was all wrong. He should be begging for them to gentle, to not hurt him!

"Oh, boy you are going to get it but good!"

"Okay, you three just m-move away... back I mean. Move back!"

All four combatants turned to see Byers standing, holding a small black box, which he pointed at the three men. "Okay, now you three back off, or I'll use this on you," he threatened in a shaky voice.

"What in the hell?"

"I wouldn't make him nervous... that thing is dangerous," Mulder panted.

The three looked dubious.

"That's right. I got it from Skinner himself... for protection. Now get out!" Byers managed to squeak.

The mention of Skinner made the men pause. One man pointed a finger in Fox's direction. "You're gonna regret this, boy. We would have been gentle. Next time we won't be so nice." The men sidled past Byers carefully as he kept the box trained on them.

When they had gone, Byers rushed over to Mulder. "Mulder, are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

Mulder smiled. "Oh yeah I'm fine. But what is that?"

Byers shrugged. "A remote control. I got it out in the audio-visual room. I didn't have any other weapon so I figured... bluff you know?"

Mulder slapped Byers on the shoulder. "Great job, Byers. I wasn't looking forward to a long drawn out brawl."

Byers nodded and sat in a chair. "What in the hell is going on anyway?"

Mulder frowned. "I don't know. C'mon let's get back to the cabins, it's getting late." He helped Byers to his feet and picked up his discarded books. "Better take that super-spasmic laser job... just in case we run into trouble of course."

Byers grinned weakly. "Yeah, well you softened them up for me. You had them pretty good huh?"

Mulder shrugged, "I can tell you that three against one is never my favorite type of fight."

"But you had them all bloodied up. Your suit is just messed up. Not a scratch on you," Byers insisted.

"Great. Do you think you can tell that to Alex?"

Byers paled. "Me? Talk to Alex? Uh, well... why?"

"Never mind, Byers. C'mon."

They walked out of the library and Fox sighed as he saw Alex walking toward him. When Alex saw the state of Mulder's attire his face filled with rage. Byers slid behind Mulder with a soft cry of trepidation. Alex grabbed Mulder by the arms and stared hard at him, looking him over with burning eyes.

"What happened?"

"Oh, would you believe that Byers and I got bored in the library and decided to wrestle?" Fox tried hopefully.

"Is that right?" Alex ground out.

"Yes, library work can really be dull," Fox quipped.

"Uh huh." Alex turned his green eyes on Byers. "Is that what happened, Byers? Did you do this?"

Byers gasped. "No! I mean, yes. I mean... Mulder!"

"Leave him alone, Alex, I'm hungry and tired. You don't have to know everything," Fox sighed. "Everything is fine. Byers and I handled it. All by ourselves."

"Yes, that's right we did. And really he was great. I mean all three of them, and he was fighting them off like a real pro," Byers enthused.

"Byers!" Mulder growled.

"Three homophobes is all," Fox shrugged.

"Oh no, I think they wanted you, you know sexually," Byers corrected.

"Byers!" Mulder hissed.

"What?" Byers asked utterly confused.

"Oh look! There's Skinner," Fox said quickly and dashed toward the big man.

xx

Cabins
Fort Bragg, California
Day Four
2030

Skinner had tried to convince Alex to calm down, had reminded him that Mulder was a trained agent who could handle most situations, but Alex was implacable. He had pronounced that he was going to stay with Fox every minute of every day and nothing Skinner said would change his mind. That Mulder wasn't hurt was just luck according to Alex. This last infuriated Fox and Skinner had left the two to their argument. He took a walk on the beach. It was time to move on. Instead of going to every small town first, he would go straight to San Francisco. There he would stay. His fighting companions would have to work out their own differences. Aside from controlling them there was nothing he could do to get Alex to give Mulder any credit at all. He sighed. Those two were so passionate in their argument that he had developed a headache. The sun was sliding into the sea and his gaze locked on a huge rock formation that rose out of the surf.

Mulder was tired of arguing. Alex was unreasonable. He just kept staring at Mulder and saying, "Forget it, Fox." It was irritating. Mulder changed into a pair of jeans and thin, blue sweater. Alex was distracted by the way the sweater formed to Fox's body. The way the thin fabric displayed the small points of Fox's nipples. However, when he would have made a move to show his appreciation, Fox growled at him and said he was going out to find Skinner.

"If that is okay with you, of course," Mulder growled.

Alex nodded curtly and watched as Fox stormed out. He didn't care. Three men had tried to rape Mulder today. So what if he was a trained agent. Alex didn't even want anyone to get close enough to try. Skinner wouldn't let him go hunting the bastards either. He would though. He was well aware of how the people of this town reacted to he, Scully and the Gunmen. Several times during the day all of them had been hit on, but most people stayed away from Alex after he broke three fingers on a hand that had grabbed at his ass. Whatever had happened had changed them all. If some retired marine could be compelled to touch Langly's hair and liken it to spun gold then Mulder wasn't safe walking around unprotected.

Mulder didn't bother to go look for Skinner. He walked into the shadowed forest. It wasn't that he didn't understand Alex's protectiveness, that wasn't what angered him, it was his lack of faith in Mulder's ability to take care of himself. How long had he been an agent? He'd been in horrible situations and come out relatively fine. After walking for ten minutes he picked up a pinecone and threw it toward a strange, gray rock. He stopped in surprise when the gray rock moved. He backpedaled with his eyes wide as the thing stood. It was not a large creature but it had huge wings and carnivorous teeth. Before he could turn to run it launched itself at him. He dodged behind a tree to escape its charge. He saw it fly past and saw its spindly legs and powerful, taloned arms. Suddenly the sky was filled with gray creatures swooping down from the treetops. As he watched several of the beasts began to fight in mid-air. Large wings flapped around him and he screamed.

Skinner walked back into the cabin to see Alex alone. "Where is he?" he asked quietly.

Alex's eyes widened and then narrowed. "Dammit! He was supposed to be with you. Damn him. He just won't listen," Alex said angrily as he jumped up. He expected Skinner to try and defend Fox, but instead Skinner stiffened. Alex watched as Skinner paled and drew back as his soft, brown eyes flared red. His heart dropped as Skinner turned and raced out of the cabin. Alex followed him, his heart beating wildly.

Mulder fought off the creatures as best as he could but he felt his feet being lifted off the soft forest floor. The creatures were attacking each other and pulling at him painfully, as they fought over him. He hooked his foot on an exposed root and screamed as the creatures tried to shake him loose. Suddenly a terrible growling cut through the high-pitched shrieking of the gargoyle-like creatures. Fox fell to the earth as white blood covered him. He saw hair and teeth and massive, clawed hands. A wolf was attacking the creatures, ripping them apart with incredible ferocity and strength. Another gray creature grabbed at him as six slain winged creatures fell to the earth in bloodied lumps. It was lifting him, jabbering madly, but the wolf tore it off him and tore it in half with one bite. Mulder's eyes met the wolf's; they were a Siberian blue.

"Run, Prince," it commanded.

Mulder was so stunned that a wolf would talk that he froze as three of the flying creatures attacked the wolf.

"Run!" It shouted again, tearing off the little creatures and tearing them apart. "Run to, Skinner."

Mulder didn't need to be told three times and he scrambled to his feet and ran.

Alex and Skinner heard the horrible sounds, the high-pitched shrieks and then Mulder's scream. They ran wildly, leaping over rocks, downed trees and deep holes. When a fierce growling joined in the melee they ran faster.

xx

Part IV: Secrets of Desire
uvalley@msn.com

Outstanding Skinner AU
Honorable mention

09/15/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: Probably, but do you care?
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe After the events of The Changing, the world is ruled by magic and Mulder has to learn to find a role for himself in the new paradigm.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money...wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you. uvalley@msn.com
Website if applicable: http://www.slashingmulder.com/Author_N.htm
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, (but mostly near her home) Thanks to JoB, Cerulean and Michael for their beta and delicious ideas...keep 'em coming love.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]