Go to notes and disclaimers


The Alliance
by Czara (Nicole)

Chapter Two
The Hunters


"I'm going to take my time.
I have all the time in the world
To make you mine.
It is written in the stars above.
The God's decree.
You'll be right here by my side
Right next to me"
"It's no Good" Depeche Mode

Fort Bragg, California
Day Two
Hour 0700

"What are you two glaring at?" Alex sounded sleepy still and the two men turned in unison to watch as he approached them with graceful strides and small, yawning stretches. Both men were distracted immediately as Alex neared. He was definitely a pretty sight in the morning, disheveled and young-looking. Green eyes darted to the two figures on the beach and a soft smile curved his lips when he recognized Fox. "Oh I see now." He gave Walter a disgruntled look. "What? Now Mulder can't even have Scully around?" As Walter's brow raised Alex clicked his tongue sarcastically. "You may find him inflexible on that one Skinner. I think he'd throw me over for her if push came to shove."

"Good morning, Alex. You are looking exceptionally delicious this morning. I trust you slept well... when your master let you sleep that is."

The lewd look on Antonio's handsome face irked Skinner and the words infuriated Alex. "No one is my master," Alex spat.

Antonio was lost for a moment in the beautifully furious green eyes. "You are lovely when you are angry, caro."

Skinner gritted his teeth and a muscle flexed in his jaw. Alex was his to enjoy, but wisely he avoided stating that in front of the beautiful assassin. "Why don't you go to Fox, Alex. He is upset."

Alex snapped his gaze to Skinner, and those eyes burned beneath the sweep of lash. "Upset? What did you do to him, Skinner?"

Skinner smiled gently. How protective of Fox was Alex, Walter thought with pleased amusement.

"I think, Alex, that it was what I did to you that he is upset about." Walter caressed the dark-stubble face and with a little hiss of disapproval Alex strode off toward his lover and his partner.

"He may be too much for you to handle, Skinner. What with his attachment to your beautiful Fox. Perhaps I could..."

"Perhaps you can be careful not to drool on my property." Walter gave Antonio a warning glance but it was brief, he was enjoying the smooth, graceful way that Alex walked. He could see very easily why Murdoch had thought of Alex as a cat... the sleek dark hair, the slut jade eyes, the powerful body, he was a cat, his cat now.

Antonio stared too, and wished he could taste the muscled flesh... Alex smelled so sweet and he was meant for Anotonio's kind. He watched as his sweet Dana looked up at Alex's approach, they would do well together. He turned to stare at the lanky beauty sitting so close to her... Fox was undoubtedly beautiful, if only he weren't such a bad influence on her.

Skinner turned and left him to his covetous stares, in search of the rest of the party, and determined to begin... to set up his base of command. He was under no illusions as to his new status. He knew he was the absolute ruler, but he intended to make sure the people who chose to live in his claimed land would be relatively safe from harm. He hoped that he could set up a system as close to the old system of democracy as he could. He knew the world had changed, that he had changed, but he still clung parochially to the ideas he had fought for all his life. The idea of sitting in some palace and commanding the people living in the west was appalling, though he knew many of his brothers were eager to do just that. He realized that Antonio was itching to set himself up a little Sultanate south of the old U.S. border. And he would do nothing to stop him. It would be hard enough to set up a sophisticated government without the trappings of civilization, but it would get done. His first job was to organize the people in the immediate area to collect any dead and burn them, rid the streets of cars and set up irrigation systems for agriculture. He had a million things to do and he was going to enlist the Gunmen. They could put their brains to good use for once, instead of thinking up conspiracy theories and hiding behind copious locks.

Dana acknowledged Alex's presence with a small, suspicious smile. She wasn't quite sure whether he was in part responsible for Mulder's funk. When Mulder stiffened as he realized that Krycek was standing there, her smile faded and one eyebrow raised a bit.

Alex saw how Mulder was resisting looking at him and his stomach tightened. "Scully, do you mind if I talk to Mulder in private?"

She looked at him for a moment and stood slowly. With one last warning look for Alex she left her partner with his lover.

Mulder looked up at Alex and his body responded a bit to his beauty; he looked away and picked up another stone to throw in the relentless surf.

Alex watched the rock skip once and then be consumed by the white capped waves. He slid his hand into the pockets of the loose Levi's he was wearing and traced a small pattern in the sand with a naked toe. He stared down at the pattern and nervously cleared his throat. He had failed Mulder so many times since they had admitted how they felt... last night letting Skinner take Mulder while he watched was the most heinous of all his careless moments in the handling of his lover. He stole a look at the beautiful man sitting at his feet and he nervously sat next to him. "Fox?"

Mulder turned to look at him and there was no accusation in those wide, hazel eyes, but there was a carefully blank expression etched on his face. "Alex?"

Alex put a hesitant hand on Mulder's thigh, slowly rubbed the soft hair that sparsely peppered the toned muscles.

"I am sorry."

Mulder shook his head, angry with himself for being a hypocrite, but unable to banish the jealousy.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for. I am just going to have to deal with things..."

"I do have things to be sorry for..."

"Alex, Skinner is very attractive, and he is incredible in bed... you couldn't help but respond to his touch and his lovemaking... it is..." He stopped abruptly as Alex's face darkened with rage.

"I take it that is not what you were apologizing for."

Alex stood angrily. "Maybe that is how you feel about Skinner, Mulder. I was apologizing for not protecting you from him."

Mulder blinked and then nodded slowly. "I see... so you are still ignoring the fact that I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself... and you too I might add!"

Alex took a slow breath. "Fox, let's not get into that... I stood by and let him... fuck you... I lubed you up! Jesus Christ! What in the fuck is wrong with me?" He ran a hand through his thick, dark hair.

"And that I let him fuck you? That doesn't bother you?" Mulder's voice was quiet, and Alex missed the growing fury in that voice.

"What? Baby, you know what I mean..."

"No, Alex, I don't. Why don't you tell me? Tell me why my feelings are so fucking unimportant. Tell me why how I feel about sharing my lover with someone is utterly subsumed by his archaic, misplaced Neanderthal feelings of self-worth. A self-worth that seems to be based entirely on how well you can protect something that you don't have to, while trampling on something that you should be committed to caring for."

Alex gaped at his seething, shouting lover. "I can't believe you, Fox! I... you are the only thing I care about. How you feel is more important than anything." He paused as he realized that what he felt in his heart wasn't what he was broadcasting to his lover. He hadn't even considered Fox being jealous. Why? It would have been odd to say the least if he weren't jealous. "I guess I just thought..."

"No. No you weren't thinking." Fox stood and turned his face toward the forests to his right. "I know we agreed to this... but... I want you for myself. I hate sharing you, Alex. I hate that you loved it."

Alex shook his head. "I don't know what to say, Fox. You know I love you. You know that."

Fox looked at him and their eyes met for a silent moment. "Alex, you and I haven't even had the chance to be together... to be lovers. I wanted to live with you, let you cook for me... or I could learn to cook for you. I wanted so much for us." He looked away as his voice caught and he felt tears forming.

Alex pulled him tight to his strong body. "Oh, baby."

"I wanted to show you so many things... places I wanted to make love to you... just staring at you for the rest of my life. Now we can't even make love on a beach without... things attacking you..."

"Shh, c'mon. We're together. And nothing... nothing is going to keep us apart. I swear to you. I swear on my life, Fox Mulder. I am never going to let anything take you away from me."

Fox held tighter to this wonderful man... this man who had seen so much hardship, so much death and evil and had still come out the other side so loyal and special. "I'm sorry, Alex. I know I'm being selfish."

"There isn't a selfish bone in your body!" Alex declared angrily.

"Yes there is. Lot's of them," Fox said quietly.

Alex had to smile a bit at that. "No, Fox, not even one."

"I am more worried about how you reacted to Skinner than I am about what has happened in this world. And I know that you..."

"That I what?" Alex asked as he held Fox even closer.

"That you need to feel protected... even though you don't admit it," Fox said reluctantly, referring to Alex's obvious appreciation for Skinner's solicitous concern. Alex hadn't been cared for much in his life; his need for a father figure perhaps outweighed Fox's. He had seen the look on Alex's face when they had been in the bathroom and Skinner had dried him. It was that of a child who, not expecting kindness, had received it. He knew that there was nothing to be done about the situation, he only hoped that he could handle seeing Alex fall slowly in love with Skinner. It made him want to steal away with Alex and hide him from the world. But he knew that was a dead dream. A dream only possible in the past. He and Alex were no longer free. No longer free to live out their lives loving each other with no one interfering. Too, he had to admit that he wasn't actually upset about being with Skinner, just Alex being with Skinner.

Alex frowned and pulled back slightly, just enough to look in Fox's eyes. "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

Fox shook his head, "Alex, I don't want to talk about this right now. I just want to... take a walk... feel normal. Will you walk with me... not on the beach... maybe in the woods?"

Alex nodded, letting the comment pass for now. There was so much that they had put on hold. What was another?

"Do you think it will be okay with Walter? I mean, I don't know what I mean."

Alex frowned. "Let's not worry about that right now. He doesn't have full control of what we do."

"Yes, but we don't know what is out there. I can't stand the thought of something stealing you from me again. God knows what is out there."

Alex closed his eyes. The need for Skinner's protection was implicit in everything they did. Even to take a walk together was something that had to be planned. He wanted to spend time alone with Fox, but not at the risk of his safety.

Fox caressed Alex's face. "It's okay, Alex. Let's go back to the cabin. I have so much to talk to you about." He clasped hands with Alex and they walked back toward the one place they could be alone... for a few hours at least... maybe.

xx

Once inside the homey cabin Alex caressed Mulder's face. "So, here we are. All alone. No spiders, no interruptions. Talk to me," Alex entreated as he led Fox to the small couch inside the cabin.

Mulder sat on the couch and pulled Alex down next to him. "I don't remember. I just want to sit here with you."

Alex stroked Mulder's jaw and lightly touched his lips. "That's okay too."

Mulder smiled and leaned back into Alex's arms. Alex tightened his grip around him and the two made themselves comfortable, with Fox leaning back into Alex's chest. "I guess I wanted to ask you how you were... really, after your experience, you know."

Alex stiffened and Fox turned his head to look into Alex's suddenly guarded gaze.

"There isn't much to say, Fox. I came back to you. I always will."

"But..."

"But nothing."

"I just wanted to know what it is that makes you say his name."

Alex's eyes went wide with surprise before they were firmly shuttered down once more. "His name?"

"Garren's... the one who took you. You say his name... you said it in your sleep last night, as well as in the shower." He stroked Alex's muscled thigh. "It's okay, talk to me."

Alex was stunned by the mention of Garren. He felt his blood begin to burn. Garren. The huge man. He couldn't deny the hot burn the name sent through him. The name represented such beauty, represented incredible strength and such a cock...an incredible organ, hard and huge. Oh God, such strength, such irrefutable intensity. The night skies above him, the meadow around him, the world disappearing until he existed only to belong to his... his mate. "No! No, Fox. I don't want to talk about it. I am home with you... wherever that may be. Can't we just go on from here?"

Mulder turned to face his lover and he pulled Alex close, feeling the strong body tremble. "I... shh... we don't have to talk about it."

"I love you, Fox. I do. I don't want you to think that I don't. I'd do anything for..."

"Shh. C'mon. I know you would."

Alex grabbed Fox's face in his hands and covered his face with fierce kisses. He kissed his lips, his jaw, his eyes and nose. "Let me love you, Fox. Right here. Right now. Nobody else. Just you and I."

Mulder lay back, pulling Alex with him. "Right here, right now, nobody else."

Alex stared into the gentle face so filled with love for him... for him, the Assassin... the cool killer... the useless child whose parents gave him away. He wanted to cry, to hold on to this perfect man forever. Fox was everything he dreamed he himself might have been... had things been different. Had he not been taken from his home and given to the Consortium. Fox was dedicated and humorous, strong but comfortably gentle... so loyal and passionate. Were Fox ugly, he would still be more beautiful than Alex Krycek. That Fox loved him, knowing what he was, made Alex feel at once incredibly small and infinitely blessed. He stared so long into Fox's eyes that their breath came together in comfortable rhythm. He began kissing Fox's face again, more gently, less frantically than before. He kept his eyes open while Fox's slid close under the tender ministrations.

"Alex." The sigh was a benediction.

Alex rubbed at Fox's naked nipples and bent to kiss one with a solemn, quick touch. He saw a smile start to form on those lush lips and he continued to press his lips across the smoothly defined chest. After several minutes of the dry butterfly pecks, Fox arched his back and his legs spread around Alex's hips. His body heat was like a beacon to Alex and he groaned wanting to rip the shorts off his lover's body.

"Please, Alex."

The entreaty was a whisper in Alex' ear, but it inflamed him impossibly.

In response Alex pulled the shorts off of Mulder's body, the long legs sliding out with near wanton speed.

Alex stared first at the swollen cock, hard for him. He looked up to find Fox staring at his own cock, seemingly fascinated by his own flesh. "You are so hard, baby," Alex purred. Fox's eyes flickered up from his spread crotch and met Alex's eyes. "What do you want me to do? What do you want, Fox," Alex asked as he stroked the plump cock with a gentle hand, his thumb rubbing slowly over the slick skin.

"Just you. Everything you do feels so good." Mulder's voice was husky with want, and his hips were moving in small circles, emulating Alex's sliding thumb.

Alex unbuttoned his jeans and without waiting another moment he pushed Mulder's legs up and apart. "I want to be inside you. Right now." He couldn't imagine prolonging their lovemaking, all he wanted was to be deep inside Mulder, to reclaim him, reclaim himself.

Mulder tossed his head back and trembled with anticipation as Alex bent to lick the tight pink flesh, wetting it as much as he could as quickly as possible. The feel of that velvet tongue pressing for entrance made Fox cry out in lust.

Alex moved back and positioned his cock at the wet, winking entrance. He pushed the head of his cock against the tight flesh and pushed in. The lubrication of pre-cum eased the slide, but both men grunted with the effort. "Tell me if I am hurting you... oh... God you're so tight."

Mulder pushed up against the tight press and he felt the hot penetration against his prostate. "Oh, Alex... Alex don't stop... don't stop... don't stop."

Nothing could make Alex stop. He slid in until his balls rested against Fox upturned cheeks. "Do yourself. Do it for me."

Fox moved his hand to his cock. He toyed with the tip, sliding his thumb over the wet tip with enough pressure to push in the flesh. Alex licked his lips watching those long fingers toy with the pretty cock. He began to thrust slowly, deeply into the hot sheath and the couch groaned under his efforts. He could see Fox's eyes begin to lose focus, but he saw everything, every pulse of blood in Fox's jugular vein, every wet lick of his lips, every sliding motion of his hand. He could see how the fine hair slid down over Fox's forehead as his head thrashed to and fro. He bent to devour that open mouth and Fox bit at Alex's tongue with such passion that it caused a frenzy in Alex. He thrust almost brutally into Fox. He couldn't stop, kept pounding, his lover's body jerking under his strength. The pleasure became a spiraling crescendo until both men were screaming, all thought lost... there was only the slide of cock and the sound of flesh pounding flesh.

xx

Antonio closed his eyes and saw them. They were beautiful, wild, uninhibited. Wanton. He was in the room with them. Actually he was willing himself to be in the room, willing himself to witness their abandoned lovemaking, an uninvited specter. Standing by the couch so close he could smell the sweat and hear the passion building to screams. Oh how he wanted to be able to touch, but his power could not allow him the luxury of that, so he stood and watched, covetous and resentful. Why should Skinner have these two? Both so nearly irresistible... so different from all other... boring humans. Why should Skinner lay claim to them all?

"Antonio?"

The soft voice brought him back to himself with such speed he was momentarily dizzy. He looked into Dana's concerned eyes and he managed a smile for her.

"Where were you?" She had joined him on the small deck of the boathouse, where he stood looking sightlessly out to sea.

He started. "What? What do you mean?" He couldn't imagine that she, a mere human, could know what he was capable of.

"You seemed a million miles away just now. What were you thinking about?"

He slid an arm about her small frame, drawing her close. "About expanding our family, cara, about expanding our family."

She flushed, the color beautiful on her pale skin. He kissed her red lips. She was a treasure and there was no doubt, but he was no longer just a man, he was a God. Why shouldn't he have everything he desired? Already he longed to move south where he could organize his own piece of the world. He didn't want to hurt the humans beneath him, would in fact like to see them prosper, but they would be beneath him. He would only elevate his queen and any other human changed like her. Fox was so pretty, but he saw what Skinner could not. Fox was dedicated to Alex. Alex was fiercely dedicated to Fox. They had to be separated. They could not be allowed to choose their lovers. They should have no say in who spread them wide. It went against everything that the new world dictated. He and his brothers ruled. The forces from the other places would roam. Changed humans were the prize and reward for the powerful. And humans were the workers as well as amusement. Changed humans were too rare to squander. He ignored the niggling logic that argued within him that questioned as to why having Alex and Dana in his bed was any different than Skinner having Fox and Alex in his. He resented leaving so soon with Skinner, before laying claim to other changed humans in D.C. Murdoch surely had the lion's share. He needed several other females and a few males for breeding stock. While he loved his Dana, she would, one day, pass away and he didn't intend to be without her kind. He was carrying on a conversation with his Dana while his presence returned to the two lovers. They were still now, Alex kissing Fox's beautiful face as Fox blinked without comprehension. Alex was chuckling over his lover's state and Antonio couldn't stem the desire to be the cause of that dazed expression on Fox's face. He watched as Alex moved his lover so that they both lay on their sides with Fox's back to Alex's belly, both men facing out from the couch. He watched as the two slid into sleep. He and Dana sat talking about inconsequential things, getting to know one another and staring appreciatively at one another for over an hour.

"Scully, Antonio," Skinner said quietly, uncomfortable about breaking up their intimate moment.

"Sir! Where have you been? Did you go to town? Are the people okay?" Dana asked excitedly, her eyes wide with concern.

Scully had pulled away from Antonio and he frowned. What business did she have worrying about Skinner's affairs? "Cara, don't bother him about these things. Let him deal with his people. You needn't worry yourself with details." She gave him such a hot look of surprised anger that his eyes widened in astonishment. To change the subject he turned to Skinner. "Your possessions are quite amorous. They have been fucking like hot little rabbits for the longest time."

Skinner glowered at him and Dana gasped.

"Possessions? Did you just say possessions?" Dana's voice was quiet and Antonio mistook her tone for calm.

Skinner, who knew his agent, held up a hand. "I have been to the town and the people are in need of medical assistance. There are several doctors there, but not enough, they could use your help, Scully."

"What? They cannot expect her to work among them!" Antonio was astounded. Dana was to live a life of a pampered queen, not a toiling peasant.

"Okay, that is it. I am going to go talk to my mother. You two GODS talk." She stormed off while Antonio glared at Skinner.

Skinner watched her leave. "Those people need her expertise, Antonio. This isn't a fantasyland where we all live happily ever after. And if you want to do well with her you might try to understand her needs."

Antonio laughed at that. "Oh? Like you understand your Fox's or your Alex's? You know they simply want to be with one another and yet you force them to your bed like the concubines they are. Admit it!"

Skinner scowled. "They had a choice."

"Oh yes, what a choice. Yield to you or become raw meat for those that hunt? You knew they would choose what they chose. What is more, my powerful friend, you would not have let them leave had they made such a reckless choice. This is not a fantasyland? You are living out your fantasies with the pretty Fox. You know all our brothers would kill to have what you have. Don't lie to me, lie to yourself, or lie to your two slaves..."

"They are not slaves, Antonio." Skinner was tired. The people of the town had been so quiet. So shocked. In the night children had been taken off by creatures that flew from the sky, only the sound of leathery wings beating at the air marking their dark passage. The spider creatures had attacked as well, and an old woman had hysterically proclaimed that giant, hairy men had taken her husband from his car and devoured him where he stood. She had grasped Skinner's arm and handed him an old walking stick, the only thing she knew to give him to make him understand her grief. The stick had been her husband's and he had used it to try and fight off the impossibly huge beasts. He felt sick to his stomach, and yet he knew the night would come more peaceful this night. He was projecting his will over a larger area every moment. Every day he felt his power grow... not to move objects or to kill enemies but to shield. He would shield as large an area as he could, it wouldn't keep all the creatures out, but it would make it safer for the people. Even now the lesser creatures were slinking east toward the strength of Murdoch. "They are not slaves." He moved past Antonio.

"They are slaves, Skinner, and they need to be put in their place. They pleasure themselves with no thought to serving your needs. They lie spent on the little couch, not aching for release at your whim. You need to realize what you are! What they are."

"If I were you, I would worry about your relationship with Dana, and stop worrying about my life," Skinner growled.

"I worry because you seem to think thing are not changed. How can you hold your place when you insist on thinking like a human?"

"I am human, Antonio. I define human a bit differently than you do apparently, but that is not my concern. What happened to us is a greater responsibility than it is a gift. If you can't see that then perhaps you ought to cleave to Murdoch and his kind. We are here to make sure the world goes on, that the balance of power does not..."

"Dribble, drabble! You can preach all you like my brother, but your perception is skewed. You can organize as many irrigating committees, appoint all the councils you like to run the cities, but it is you and you alone who are the ruler here. Think you that these people will thank you for your largesse? No, they will think it their due. They are still infected with the notion of democracy, that it is they the people who ultimately make the decisions. Pandering to them will not ease the transition."

Skinner stared at the man for a long moment. "I happen to be infected with the very same notion, Antonio. I too think that the decisions should belong with the people as far as they are able. I am not blind to what has transpired, but my role is to protect them so they can live out normal lives. I'd suggest that you do the same."

"And what of Fox and Alex? Are they living in a little democracy? Or are they harem boys, completely existing for your pleasure?" He stared for a moment at the large bulge in Skinner's cotton pants. "Well-used harem boys at that."

Skinner had enough. "You know as well as I that they, Dana and even the Gunmen are changed. They are neither safe nor truly free anymore. I hope to give them the illusion that they are as best as I am able. I suggest you do the same for Dana."

xx

Grant,Illinois
Day Two
Hour 1000

Garren walked into the town center and the few people still on the street looked at him warily. They were somewhere near Springfield Illinois. Cities were unimportant, what he knew, what he sensed was that he was near where three great rivers roamed. The Ohio, and the joining of the Mississippi and the Missouri. He sensed the moving waters even if the Ohio was so many miles away. He and his pack had stayed south of that river, moving north out of Kentucky, dodging rivers as they moved implacably west. But one could not go further west without passing the rolling waters of those two great rivers. He would cross a bridge. He had to, it was that simple. In his life he had crossed many a bridge and it was never a pleasant experience. He could go north and into Canada, then west, but it would take much too long. He was hunting his cat and he would take the shortest route possible.

Garren had found a store that had clothes big enough to fit his frame and his pack members, who too were in human form, had followed his lead and dressed themselves. He wore tan khakis and a black T-shirt, with comfortable slip-on black shoes. He cared little for style, he just wanted to walk in the town amongst the humans, talk to them, and find if anything interesting could be hunted there, hear how lovely the new world was. After he retrieved his mate he would carve out his own lands... with plenty of room to roam. He tied his shoulder-length hair back with a plain black band, keeping the silken gold lock from sliding into his face. He saw several women staring at him and he smiled at them, fully aware of how beautiful he was.

"Is there something particular you are looking for, Garren?" One of his pack asked respectfully.

"No. I am just shopping," Garren responded with a grin.

The pack members glowered at the people who stared at them. A wolf of African descent ran a hand through his curly hair. "We should eat them all, right now." He licked his soft lips, perfect teeth shining brightly as he grimaced. Humans made him nervous. All his life they had been prey to him, not companions or objects of lust as they were to most of the pack when in human form. He wanted to change and tear at their soft, hairless throats, feel the hot splash of blood, taste the sweet meat. He felt his hands curl in response to his growing bloodlust. They smelled so good to him... as good as a turkey dinner with all the trimmings smelled to humans on Thanksgiving.

"Jason, you surprise me. I would think one of your cunning would be smarter than that." Garren spared the big, dark man a short glance, the Siberian eyes cold and frightening.

Jason shivered and the blood lust dissipated in the wake of needing to please the pack leader. "I apologize, Garren. I would never attack a group of humans in the daylight... unprovoked. That is stupid. Unless... unless you wished me too. Then it wouldn't be stupid," Jason finished in a nervous voice.

"And you forgot that humans are our only amusement on this Earth. And as such it would displease me greatly to see them extinct even in this dawning of our world," Garren wasn't even looking at the big, trembling male, but his displeasure made all the men want to change and kneel before him subserviently, claws extended to show their worth as hunters.

"Of course, Garren. To displease you is the last thing I would ever wish for." Jason kept his amber eyes down, his head hung low, just enough to show his submission in human form.

Garren saw more people coming out from the stores and apartments that lined the street of this typical Mid-West, close-knit community. Several men gathered to confront the big strangers, every last one had a shotgun in his hand. Their faces were guarded.

One man stepped apart from the group; he wore a bloodstained uniform. His shiny badge proclaimed him as a lawman. "So, gentlemen, what can we do for you? What are you doing in Grant?" His voice was gruff, as if too many cigarettes had been inhaled over his years.

Garren held out his hand. "Well, you can tell us if there is still a diner open somewhere. My friends and I are hungry." He cast a small icy look at one of his pack who thought that funny and who laughed a bit. The laugh was stifled immediately. Garren turned back to the lawman who had narrowed his eyes at the unusual reaction to such a simple statement.

"Well, we can certainly get you boys fed..."

"Sheriff, ask them why they don't look as if they came across any trouble at all!" A woman standing on the side of the street looked suspicious and angry as she called out her suggestion for the interrogation.

The sheriff nodded. "That's a fair question. Well boys?"

Garren nodded. "It is indeed fair. We hid... very well."

"You can't hide from those damn wolf things. They can smell you ten miles away. I saw two of 'em tear up Stan and Roy... without any problem... and Stan and Roy were All-stars!" The man who spoke was standing just behind the sheriff.

"Wolf things?" Garren asked, wondering where the wolves the men referred to were. They were probably members of the community, maybe nearby.

"You missed those huh? Well they're doozies all right. The others... the dead things, well they're slow suckers and any kid can pop 'em off, but those wolves... uh uh... they're demons." This from a younger woman who held her own gun easily in her small hands.

Garren smiled at her, she was a pretty little thing. Her skin was free of make-up and was a smooth as porcelain. She smelled nice too. She would make good breeding stock for pretty humans, with her flaxen hair and full lips. "They sound terrible. Did they kill many of you?"

"Since this craziness started? I'd say about twenty people," she answered.

The sheriff looked at the silent men behind the big blonde wondering why they remained silent. They seemed to want to speak, but were unusually reticent. He'd spent twenty years in the military, and he'd never seen such studied deference to another male.

"What your name then, son?" The question was directed to Garren, but his eyes flickered to the others.

"I am called Garren."

"Called Garren? What does that mean? Is it your name or isn't it, boy?" The sheriff barked.

Jason and his two pack-mates growled at the condescending tone directed to Garren. He moved forward but a small movement by Garren stopped him.

"It is my name." Garren thought it funny how this human, how all humans mistook his youthful appearance for youth. He was centuries old, but he looked to be twenty. Garren was more than just a name. It was the word that meant to the pack, Leader or in human terms, king. Funny. It had always shocked Murdoch's little followers that members of the pack called him by name, not knowing that it was a show of respect, the highest form of respect.

"Well then come on. We'll get you and your friends fed. We'll want to ask you more questions after though."

Garren nodded, "Sure."

They were led to a little diner just a few feet from where they had been speaking. The sheriff spoke to the old man who had habitually donned his white smock and requested that they be fed.

After eating inordinate amounts of food Garren and his pack members left the diner to find the sheriff and more men standing on the curb. They were in an intense discussion on how best to defend against any threat that would surely come with the night. One young man, larger than the rest, had joined the group. He seemed intent on the map the sheriff was referring to, his large amber eyes intent. After a moment his nostrils flared a bit and he looked up stunned. His huge muscles bunched and a smile crossed his face as he stared at Garren and his three companions, before it was replaced by fear. He lowered his eyes and dipped his head down so low he seemed intent on bending in half, urine trickled down his leg, wetting the worn denim in a embarrassing flood.

"Well, what in the hell is wrong with you, Buddy?" A young man asked the large male.

Garren watched, amused as the men standing near the big youth stared amazed at his odd behavior, their eyes widening at the urine stain that grew on the huge thigh.

"Garren," Buddy whispered.

The sheriff started. "You know this boy, Buddy?"

Buddy grabbed the Sheriff in a strong hand, nearly lifting the stunned man off the ground. He snarled at the sheriff for his disrespect.

This was such a young wolf... a pup really, surely only as old as he looked in human years. So easy to excuse stupid actions. Garren thought.

Garren moved too fast for the other humans to react and he pulled the pup off the sheriff. He glared at the shivering pup and pushed him away. Buddy fell to the dirt where he stayed, not moving save for his small tremors of fear. He had never expected to ever meet Garren, never!

The sheriff was eyeing the young man with a look of utter shock. He had always been such a fine lad. Buddy's mother ran up to her boy and the sheriff could swear she was trembling just as hard as her son. She lay a protective hand on Buddy's massive shoulder, but her eyes darted nervously to the young blonde stranger.

"What in the blue blazes is wrong with you, Buddy?" The sheriff was straightening his shirt.

"Forgive him. He is young, "The mother said quietly.

"Well, shit, Stella, I'm young too but you don't see me attacking the sheriff," piped a skinny youth whose gun was bigger than he.

Stella looked straight at Garren, before quickly dropping her gaze and lowering her head. The apology directed only to Garren.

"How'd you know his name, Buddy?" The pretty young girl asked softly from her perch on a wooden bench.

Garren was growing bored with this town. His mate was far away and needing him and that was his only priority, not assuaging the curiosity of these people. He simply walked away from the group.

"Whoa, boy. Where do you think you are going?" One of the men grabbed Garren's arm, the gun in his hand giving him a false sense of security as he grabbed the huge man. 'You aren't going anywhere, no how. Not until we figure just what all this is about."

Garren sensed his five pack member's rage at this touching and he grinned. He ran a gentle hand over the little man's face before his claws shredded the skin of the man's fragile face. "Take them. Take them all," he said quietly, the tone a command. His pack began to change immediately and the humans screamed as the three wolves who had come into town with Garren grew into frightening beasts. The woman Stella and her pup changed too and the slaughter began. He cast one last look at the pretty girl who was shooting madly at the black wolf that was coming toward her. Her throat was gripped in a cavernous jaw and blood created a crimson blush over her porcelain skin. Garren shrugged. There was plenty of breeding stock out there. He walked out of the town as the screams and sound of slaughter sounded. His pack would find him later, after. After no person walked in the town, after Garren's orders had been followed to the letter. Garren had no doubts that they would hunt madly for any survivor and tear them limb from limb to please him. The scent of fresh blood assaulted his senses but his mind focussed on his little cat. How he longed for him, longed to sink into that beautiful body and hear the cat mewl and whimper his name. He broke into a run, shedding his new clothes and changing to give speed to his hunt, the most important hunt of all, the one that led to his mate.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Two
Hour 1030

Skinner came in to the cabin and he stopped short. Alex was lying behind Fox, kissing Mulder's face sleepily as Mulder blinked and breathed deeply. They had both been asleep and Skinner thought they looked adorable. Alex chuckled and bit Fox's chin. "Come back to me, baby."

Skinner admired the scene with the air of an art aficionado. Alex was still dressed but that didn't keep Skinner from admiring the muscular lines. The contrast between his assassin's state of dress and Fox's utter nudity was almost unbearable sexy.

"My, you two have been busy," Skinner growled huskily.

Alex turned to stare at Skinner in surprise. He was losing all his perception. He should have been able to hear Skinner long before he came into the cabin. Fox was an intoxicating distraction. Ridiculous though it was, he moved his leg to cover Fox's body in order to cover his nudity. Ridiculous because he had given Fox to this man last night. Still, he was reluctant to show Skinner anything now.

Fox flushed to be caught in such a position. He stared into Skinner's warm eyes and cleared his throat. "Alex, let me up."

Alex frowned and slid out of Fox, the sound unmistakable and Skinner couldn't help but smile as Alex tried to conceal Fox's nudity. For his part Fox was unconcerned and finally sighed in frustration as Alex kept so close to him that he couldn't reach his shorts.

"Alex! My shorts."

"You don't really need them, Fox," Skinner husked.

Alex stood between the two men as he pushed himself back into his pants and buttoned them hurridly. He wanted to say something, anything that would stop this. He looked into Skinner's eyes and frowned. The man seemed tired, bone tired.

Fox slid on his shorts despite Skinner's quip and cleared his throat. "Sir? Where did you go?"

Skinner sighed, and ran a hand over his balding head. "I went to town. I am trying to get a handle on this situation."

"You should have told me! I wanted to go..."

"You and Alex needed some time alone," Walter sighed.

"Don't patronize us, Skinner," Alex spat out. "We need more than..."

"Remember what I said, Alex. No discussions after your decision. I am not going to have to convince you everyday that you made the right decision. I have too much to deal with, to deal with your little pouts."

Alex sputtered. "Pouts?" He looked at Fox who was scowling. "I have never pouted in my life, Skinner, and I don't plan on starting now."

"Go take a shower, Fox. Alex and I have some things to discuss. You look tired still. Why not take a nap once you are clean?" Walter gestured to the bathroom with a flick of his wrist.

"Naps? Pouts? We aren't children, Skinner," Alex hissed.

"Fox? Go on. Alex and I really have some lines to square."

Fox spread his hands on Alex's back and lay his head on Alex's broad shoulder for a moment. He was unduly tired, but unwilling to leave Alex to face Skinner's ire. He was sure Skinner wouldn't hurt Alex, but this was a discussion really for them all.

"I would rather stay. I am part of this."

"Yes, Mulder, you are. But I am asking you to give Alex and I time to discuss this alone," Skinner asked.

"Fox, he's right. He and I have things to 'square'. I think you should take a shower and I'll join you soon," Alex said stiffly.

Mulder tightened his grip, but then decided not to argue. What was the point? Both men were too stubborn to argue with, especially when he just wanted to sleep. With a considering look at Skinner he made his way toward the bathroom.

"Let's take a walk, Alex," Skinner suggested.

Alex went through the door, but Skinner didn't come out right away. He came out and handed Alex a jacket. "It is getting cold," he said almost apologetically.

Alex glared, his lips tight, but inside he wondered why Skinner cared. Was it because he wanted him, simply protecting his interest? Or was he genuinely concerned? The man Skinner had been before this was unquestionably honorable. This new Skinner, was an enigma. He took what he wanted, but he was strangely comforted, drawn even, to Skinner's strength. He felt intuitively that Skinner was stronger than he knew. He took the jacket after a few moments and the two men walked away from the cabin and toward the cool forest.

xx

Mulder quickly showered, he wanted to sink into the large bed and sleep for days. He could understand his exhaustion. The last few days had been traumatic. Murdoch was far away to the east, but his touch lingered on the edge of Mulder's perception. He shivered. Those eyes so black and the way they would glow in unearthly light. That he was inhuman was utterly apparent. Mulder hoped that Skinner was strong enough to protect him from the man. He heard himself begging to come, begging for more. He shook his head and rinsed off the soap quickly. After toweling himself off he went to the bed too tired, too anxious to block out his memories to dress. He slid beneath the clean sheets, dimly wondering who had changed them before sleep took him.

He woke in the dark, so cold. He shivered and huddled into a ball, the darkness was without relief. "Alex?" he asked softly, certain his lover could not be too far. "S-s-so cold, Alex." His voice echoed and he closed his eyes, unbidden fears assaulting him. Warmth surrounded him as strong arms held him close and pulled him back into a muscled body. The scent of his lover calmed him and he wondered if he were dreaming this inky darkness. He turned into his lover's embrace and warmed his chilled face in that perfect spot between chin and chest. "It is so cold," he murmured, stretching his legs out against the muscled ones next to him.

"I'll warm you, Fox, I'll warm you."

Alex's voice was nearly silent, it was so faint and yet Fox took comfort even in that. Mulder felt the hard length of Alex's cock swell against his own redolent flesh and he began to kiss Alex's salty neck. "You taste so good, Alex."

"Shh. No words now, Fox... my precious little, Fox. You can never get away from me."

Fox was rolled to his back and his lips devoured, and still the darkness was absolute. His mind began to stutter along over the familiarity of this kiss, so familiar and yet something different. A strong hand gripped his penis and stroked it to hardness.

"Wrap your legs around me, beg me, beg me, sweetling."

Fox whimpered, caught between desire and need. He was still so cold, but Alex's voice soothed even as it caused his breathing to grow ragged.

"Please, Alex..."

"No words, Fox. Beg me with your beautiful body. It looks so pretty in the blackness."

Fox pumped his hips up to meet the greedy hand and he tossed his head as Alex bit him on the shoulder. He cried out as Alex sucked hard on the marked flesh and he spread his legs, beginning to writhe with the need for more. He rubbed his legs along Alex's huge... torso. The size of him joining in the taste of him in familiarity that confused him.

"Moan for me, Fox. Make me want to pound you so hard that it is almost an agony to take it. Make me want to tear you apart, to hear you scream in pleasure and pain."

The words inflamed him and he wanted it. Wanted to be taken fiercely. He couldn't stop the gasping moans as his legs were grasped and pushed against his chest. He moved his body urgently, he wanted what surely waited to impale him. Huge and demanding. He choked out a scream as at once Alex bit his lips and shoved the tip of his cockhead inside his anus.

"So beautiful here, in the blackness. So tight and hot in the cold." Alex's voice was sibilant and dark. His cock slammed in all the way and Fox screamed. "Yes, yes, you are so perfect," Alex's voice whispered, the words a dark echo in the thick black of the room.

Fox opened his eyes, not realizing until he did so that he had kept them closed throughout. The darkness was so dense he could not even see the faintest outline of his big lover. The rhythmic pounding nearly drove all reason from him. He opened his mouth to beg for more... to beg for less... he didn't know which, only that he felt as if he would split in two. His eyes found his lover's in the darkness and they glowed orange. He screamed again.

"You will always be mine, Foxling. Always."

The scream woke him and he sat up in the bed another scream waiting to be born, poised on his lips. He looked at the bed around him. The sheets were off and he lay shivering on the soft mattress. His eyes darted about the room trying to understand that it had just been a dream, when he felt the throbbing of his body. He groaned his denial and stood shakily. His nipples were throbbing and his lips and neck were sore. He walked to he mirror, feeling the unmistakable stretched feeling in his ass. There were no marks on his body, but when he touched where he knew he had been bitten there was a dull pain. He turned and looked at the bed. A small droplet of blood adorned the sheets, a testimony to the reality of his experience. He shuddered. It had to be a dream. Murdoch was thousands of miles away. Wasn't he? His heart, already racing from the dream, began to pound at his chest with insistent rhythm and he pulled on jeans and a T-shirt. He bit his lip to still any unmanly sounds of fear as he sat gingerly on the bed pulling on shoes. His body pulsed with unfulfilled passion and he had the distinct impulse to lie once more on the bed, naked and waiting. The light of the day filled the room, a stark contrast to the utter darkness of his dream and yet he felt Murdoch inside him, beckoning and insistent. He dashed out of the room in search of his lovers. He didn't question his desire to be with both Skinner and Alex, he just knew he wanted to find them. "You'll always be mine, Foxling." The disembodied voice had sworn this, and Fox feared that Skinner might not be strong enough to alter the prophetic nature of the claim. Without thinking he turned to the cool shadows of pine and hurried into the forest.

xx

Murdoch Family Estate
Sirius
Annapolis, Maryland
Day Two
Hour 1100

Murdoch returned from the blackness of the other place, the place where so long his kind had existed. Free now to roam and to become the hunters once more, the darkness still appealed. Fox had been so beautiful, so responsive. He had woken too soon, for Murdoch longed to fill him with his seed once more. But, he grinned, he had to sleep alone again. It had been a bit of a stretch to compel his prince to sleep, to come to him, but it had been worth it. He could taste Foxling's blood in his mouth and he smiled. Just a little nip. Nothing to scar or mar his beauty. His cock throbbed still unquenched and needy. He called for his favorite Foxling-a-like to be brought to him. When the young man, who had once been named Michael, was brought before Murdoch. Murdoch decided to play with him in bed, instead of the sling. The pretty, swollen lips were so like his Foxling... so close that Murdoch took only small nips from him as he reamed him as hard as he wished to do to his errant prince. Skinner would not hold him for long. Already his chosen guards were taking flight and heading toward his prince to find the best opportunity to take him from Skinner and bring him home to Murdoch.

The Schells were not perfect guards as they were loath to be near each other and had no hierarchical structure of discipline. They served Murdoch of course, but did not have a pack mentality that served to make the best symbiotic unit of defense. Too, the Schells were not as efficient as hunters as were Garren's pack, but they were strong, and unlike vampires they could fly by day as well as night. Schells were what humans called gargoyles. Humans had used the likeness of Schells for centuries to ward off evil, not knowing that the stone images served only to warn off Schells, who would avoid another Schell if at all possible. And so it was a hunt of several independent hunters who flew miles apart and who did not communicate with one another, who went west to reclaim their master's prize.

"Shall we bring in a slave to torture, my pet?" Murdoch murmured into the sweet neck of his prize.

Michael shuddered. The torture of humans was Murdoch's favorite pastime, save for sex. The screams and begging of the victim as he was slowly tortured to death always made Michael sick.

"Would you like that, sweetling?"

Michael nodded his agreement, and then in a surprising bid for freedom he shook his head. "No. No I hate it." He could only hope that Murdoch would kill him for his disobedience, as death could be his only savior. He was disappointed when Murdoch simply chuckled. His courage gone, Michael steeled himself as a man, wearing a torn SWAT uniform was brought in by human guards.

"One of the cities finest I see," Murdoch said happily as his Foxling-a-like shuddered.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Two
Hour 1100

Alex stopped walking after he and Skinner had walked for ten minutes in silence. He leaned against the near-black trunk of a towering pine. "What are we doing, Skinner? I mean you and I and Mulder."

Skinner couldn't stop from appreciating how beautiful Alex was, but his words were serious and they deserved a straight answer. "We are trying to form a family of sorts. Believe me I don't want to influence you or to force this, but I want you both. If it weren't me, Alex, it would be someone else, and I think you know it."

Alex wanted to protest that notion, but he knew it was true.

"Think about it, Alex. Do you think anyone else would let you two retain any freedom? I know you can't immediately absorb the enormity of what has happened, but you and Mulder are changed, you will never be free, not really. I want you two to be with me, in bed and out of it. I know you both can help me with what I want for this world."

"And what is that, Skinner?"

"I want people... my people I guess, to live without fear of the creatures we've seen, without fear of me. I know what I am, Alex. I know what I could do, but it is what I should do that drives me. I really do believe in the things I have always fought for."

Alex saw the truth in those chocolate eyes. "What is going to happen?"

"I don't know. I really don't. I am asking you to help me though. Don't fight me. I can't change what has happened, nor will I apologize for claiming you or Mulder, but we can make it work if you stop fighting me."

Alex ran a hand through his dark hair but was startled as Skinner pulled him into a gentle embrace. Their eyes met and for a moment there was only concern in Walter's eyes before it was replaced with desire. He kissed Alex's lips, his tongue seeking entrance.

Alex pulled back with a small sound. "I can't help but feel like this is wrong. I love Fox, Skinner. With every part of me, I love him. If..."

"I love him too, Alex. This isn't wrong."

"He would think so," Alex whispered.

"Maybe. But not for long. Soon he will accept it, if you set an example."

"Set an example? I wouldn't want to find him alone with you. How can I expect him to..?"

"You can know that I will love you both, that I want you two to love each other. I won't try to come between you... I won't. Can't you see that? Can't you see that anyone else would?"

Alex nodded. "Yes, yes I do, but..." His words were swallowed by Skinner's mouth and he was drawn to the security of strength and gentle passion inherent in that moist embrace. He let himself forget his inhibitions and his worry of Fox's reaction and let Skinner's tongue slide into his mouth.

Skinner tasted Alex's submission, knowing it wasn't absolute, knowing that this was not the end of it, but for the moment Alex was allowing this without any pushing by Skinner's mind. He placed both hands in Alex's thick, black hair and his fingers tightened in the smooth gloss. He felt Alex respond to his passion and he had to restrain his instinctive response to take him right there on the bed of pine needles. The image of Alex spread open in the beautiful forest almost overpowering. He broke the kiss before he could act on his instinct to take this changed human, to own him as was Skinner's right, his inheritance. It was more to fight his own in-human nature that he drew away from the sexy man. The sigh of disappointment from this sexual being nearly broke his resolve, but this was a delicate time. He needed Alex's support. Fox would undoubtedly follow his own inclinations, but Skinner knew that Alex's acquiescence would go a long way in giving Mulder the extra push he needed to succumb to his desire to become Skinner's own.

"Alex. Alex, we can make this work for all of us. Will you at least try?"

Alex nodded. "I can't promise..."

"No. But try."

Alex nodded again. "I want to get back to Fox. I'm worried with him alone. Those things on the beach yesterday... and God knows what else. He thinks he can take care of himself, but we both know he is no killer. He'd rather arrest than murder."

Skinner grinned. "I wouldn't worry about that, Alex. That is one of my goals. To rid my land of the hunters. Already they retreat. As for Mulder's reluctance to kill, I appreciate it. That is what I love about him, his integrity." A mischievous glint played in his eyes. "That and his incredible looks."

Alex smiled. "Only you could get away with saying that you know?"

Skinner took that for what it was, an olive branch.

xx

Military Installation
Domed Mountain
Armatise, Colorado
Four Miles Deep
Day Two
Hour 0100

William Mulder walked through the metal corridor, taking the first left in the warren of corridors that led to countless chambers. He had rested for a bit before searching out his closest, and most trusted cohort. He entered the smoke-filled room and frowned at the man who sat smoking, reading a file. "Put that damned thing out, Spender."

Spender slowly snuffed out his Morley and turned to look at his old friend, as always, wondering how the man who had once looked to him for direction had taken over the Consortium. "Bill, how did the discussion go? Will the technology be ours? What of colonization?"

William looked at his old friend and sat in a chair opposite him. "Don't be a fool, Christian, the invasion, colonization... everything our allies intended is in shambles. The forces that rule now are too powerful, our allies know it."

"Then it was all for naught! All our machinations, all our sacrifices for nothing."

William smiled. "It isn't like you to give up so easily, old friend. Have I kept you in power despite your detractors for nothing? You have never given up as long as I have known you. You even killed your own flesh to further our goals. What other man would have done that?"

Spender smiled and reached for another cigarette, which he held unlit in his stained fingers. "You would."

"And had I done so we would be without our best chance at success."

"And here I thought you protected him over the years due to some lingering affection for your son," Spender quipped.

William smiled. "He is a beautiful man, how could I not be proud to have created him? And now that creation will buy us power. Funny how these things work out isn't it?"

Spender smiled. "You refer to former ADIC Murdoch's desire for the irrepressible Agent Mulder?"

William smiled and took a sip of his brandy, handed to him by an unobtrusive servant. "My son. My son the concubine to the world's new ruler. Do you think I will be invited to the wedding?"

Spender laughed and then grew serious. "What do they want? Our allies?"

"Nothing we can't provide. Once we hand over my son to this Ascendant. And then, my friend, we take our place of power." He sighed in pleasure. "Actually, this situation is far more desirable than that which would have been under colonization. Far more desirable. Our allies could never have been trusted not to extinguish all our rights. This world is one that I could never have dreamed of. And it is all ours, once my son is spread out and caught."

"To your son's beauty then," Spender toasted, wondering where his assassin was. Alex Krycek was very much on his mind of late. He had become used to the man under his thumb, among other things. Once the network of spies was reestablished he would set out to find the needle in the haystack. "Where is he?"

"My son, or your obsession?" William asked. He was well aware of Spender's desire for Krycek. His only saving grace was that he had never let that obsession sway him from their goals.

Spender smiled but didn't deign to answer that.

"He is in the west. With Skinner."

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Two
Hour 1230

Mulder wandered in the woods, with every step the dream faded. He rationalized the sensations in his body down to his recent lovemaking with Alex, and to the night before with both Alex and Skinner. He ran a hand through his hair and wondered just how he was going to deal with the situation.

"Fox? What are you doing?"

Mulder looked up at the sound of Alex's voice. Alex and Skinner were making their way toward him and he smiled in welcome. The dream moved from his mind completely.

"Looking for you two," he said, relieved.

Alex walked to meet Mulder and he touched Mulder's face with a gentle hand. "I thought you were going to nap."

"I wasn't as tired as I thought. So, did you two have an interesting conversation?" He tried but he couldn't quite keep the note of jealousy out of his voice.

Skinner looked at Alex and tilted his head with overt suggestion.

Alex cleared his throat and withdrew his hand from Fox's face. "Yes, we did. Well, I am going to go back. I'll see if there is anything edible." With that he left Mulder alone with Skinner.

Mulder was surprised by that, and it showed on his face.

Skinner smiled gratefully at Alex's retreating back. When Mulder gave him a loaded stare he held up his hands innocently. "I'm not doing anything. He and I have just come to an understanding of sorts."

"Oh? And what is that?"

Skinner smiled again. "Oh, just to try and get along. Why don't we go back too? I am getting hungry."

Mulder cleared his throat. "I want you to leave Alex alone. I mean if you want me that's fine, but you can't have him." His hazel eyes were filled with determination.

"C'mon, Mulder, let's go back. In time you'll accept the situation. It won't help you to fight it. I think you know that I won't give up Alex."

Mulder bit his lower lip. "Why not? You hate him."

"I don't hate him. I never did. All that is past is irrelevant now. I want him. I want you. And you know you both want me. There is no more to be said on it. Now, let's go." Skinner decided to take a different tact with Mulder, as cajoling him into it would be useless. Mulder wanted to feel forced into it, to lessen the guilt he felt for wanting Skinner. Skinner intended to let him feel that way as long as he needed. What was important was that Krycek did not feed Fox's fantasy of defiance. "You don't have a say in it anymore."

Mulder frowned darkly and followed the big man back to the cabin. They walked slowly, and in silence. Every once in a while Skinner would reach out a big hand and caress some part of Mulder, his face, his ass, his chest. Mulder told himself he was just tolerating the hot little touches, but his body responded to them. His cock twitched in pleasure. He wanted to stop and lie down on the fragrant needles and be taken, hard and fast. He wondered what was happening to him. He was becoming such a sexual deviant. He wanted to be filled, to fill, to smell the scent of arousal...

Skinner heard the small sounds of Mulder's arousal and he smiled. He would let Mulder fight the hook until he tired. Then it would be a simple matter of reeling him in.

They entered the cabin to find Maggie and Dana Scully helping Alex in the kitchen while Antonio looked through the small collection of books in the bookcase.

"What domesticity," Skinner said dryly.

Antonio shrugged. Dana was still angry with him and so he was trying to remain as quiet as possible. While it was true he could force her to talk to him, like he would do with Alex or Fox if they were his, he wanted her to come to him as willingly as she had done previously. He glared as she went to Fox and checked him out solicitously, fussing over him like a mother hen. Fox stood the treatment like one well used to such tactics.

"Mulder, are you all right?" Dana looked into Mulder's tired eyes and cleared her throat. "You need to eat something. Alex is fixing soup."

Fox's eyes lit up. "Tomato soup?"

"Not Campbell's I'm afraid, baby. I am actually making soup," Alex said in an amused voice. He turned to Maggie. "Fox's idea of a feast is to warm up a can of tomato soup for the both of us. A true gourmet."

Fox smiled and went to embrace Alex from behind. He whispered something in Alex's ear and Alex laughed huskily.

"Now that is a feast, baby," Alex purred as he diced several potatoes.

Maggie, who had caught some of what Fox whispered, blushed. All this homosexual pairing was surprising to her. She had always hoped that her daughter and her partner would marry. However, the nights past had held many more surprises than this. She handed her plate of chopped onions to Krycek to be added to the bubbling pot of chicken in broth.

xx

Jessup, Missouri
North of St. Louis
Day Two
Hour 0800

Garren kneeled on the ground gathering his breath. He was thirty yards from the high bridge he had just crossed and he calmed himself. The waters rushed far below, but they were powerful, cleansing waters. He shuddered at their strength. Somewhere west Alex was being claimed by another. With that infuriating thought in mind he gathered himself once more and continued the hunt. Night was coming and he was tiring. He had come nearly two hundred miles since the little town, Grant. He would have to stop soon. His body too was aching for some relief of a sexual nature. Though he was in love with his mate, a wolf needed sex, often. He wondered if, when he brought another male to he and his mate's bed, would he let the new male touch Alex. The thought angered him and he figured his mate would just have to watch. The idea of monogamy was for the weaker mate. And even that monogamy could be broken if it pleased the stronger of the two. He caught the scent of humans and ran toward them. There was a young male among them, and males had always been his preference. He was feeling kind and would let the male live after the fucking. He grinned and when he was upon the small group he simply ran into their midst and took the young man and raced off into the night with him, amid the human screams of warnings.

Werewolf they had called him, as they scrambled. He chuckled past razor sharp fangs and carried his struggling toy for a mile before he stopped. He would take the man changed, take him as the wolf. He bit the young skin, the man barely past his twenty-third human year by the look of him. He watched as the spore took hold and the toy began to beg for sex. Garren lay himself down, dwarfing the trembling male. His legs pushed between the long legs of his captive.

He left the man an hour later and headed west for another, the sex reviving him a bit. He gave not a thought of how the male would rejoin his pathetic gang of humans. He had been extremely generous in leaving the man alive. Even kinder not to feed on his companions. He hadn't eaten flesh since the young human toy in Kentucky. He grinned as he changed to human form and stopped running. He had given the male the greatest of pleasure, that too was a kindness. Having a mate to love, was really making him a humanitarian.

xx

Murdoch Family Estate
Sirius
Annapolis, Maryland
Day Two
Hour 1000

The bloody remains of the former officer of the law were removed from Murdoch's chamber. Michael sat shivering. He had become unresponsive an hour ago and Murdoch chuckled, imagining how his prince would react to his games. "Take my pet to his room," Murdoch said to the guard who stood waiting.

As the pet was taken away, Murdoch went to clean the blood and bits of flesh off his body. In the shower his thoughts turned to Foxling. He stroked his large organ to its full size and imagined those sweet lips wrapped around the large head. He stepped out of the shower, his erect cock swaying with his movements. He pulled on a silk dressing robe and made his way to the pens, where the changed humans were kept. He watched them for awhile. The cages were filled with luxury, it wouldn't due to mistreat such valuable flesh. Lush cushions of down and silk covered every space that wasn't dedicated to the sanitary needs of the little sweetlings. Bowls of exotic fruit sat next to crystal jugs of water and wine on ebony tables. He stared at one woman. Her beauty was intoxicating. She was of Asian descent and he forced her to come to him. She, like all the changed beauties, was naked save for the black leather collar fastened on her neck. Similar collars adorned all the prized humans. Her small breasts were like little ripe fruits. Her long blue-black hair was like the most delicate silk, falling in shimmering waves to her waist. He wrapped his hand in it. Her scent, her red lips and her dark eyes made him smile. "You will make a fine gift for my brother in Germany."

She raised her chin, proudly and said nothing. Her eyes defied him. What a treasure. He looked at all the changed humans. Already he had set some of them to breeding. He imagined a nursery filled with little changed babies. All of which he would keep until they were old enough to breed, then they would be gifted to others or kept for his own pleasure. Foxling would be pleased to know that Murdoch did not condone sex with children. He was a patron saint to children, that was what he was, he decided.

With a small gesture he indicated that she was to be taken away. She would be sent to Germany to his ally there. Already the man had ten such humans, but another, given as a gift, would solidify their pact. The man, Gregory, was one of the strongest of his allies. Not nearly as strong as Skinner, but powerful enough to control all of Europe given time.

He picked a dark male for his night of pleasure. He didn't look like Fox, but he did resemble the pretty little cat who had so entranced Garren and Fox. As his thoughts turned to Garren he frowned. He would have to make amends with the powerful pack leader. The pack was an invaluable asset. Irreplaceable really. And while they would do as he commanded while Garren cleaved to him, they were only loyal to the pack and especially to their Garren. He would woo Garren back and then, with Foxling at his side, he could attend to the business of running the world. He clasped a leather leash onto the collar and led the male back to his suite of rooms.

xx

Fort Bragg, California
Day Two
Hour 0830

The sun lost its grasp of the western sky and the deep purple of twilight faded to black. The moon illuminated the white of cresting into something silver and restless. A fickle wind dallied in the branches of the sentinel trees, with sighing sounds while nature's predators roused themselves for the nightly hunt. Rocks far from shore, black in the moonlight rose with jagged defiance from the cold water as several small creatures emerged from the water and took residence on the slippery surface. Red eyes set in gray, soft faces stared toward the light of the cabins on the distant shore. Lipless mouths revealed shards of teeth as the waves crashed around them. Hunger filled their bellies as they dove back into the water to hunt, their webbed hands and feet making them faster than much of their prey.

Far above the cabins he sat, waiting. It grew ever more difficult to resist the command to leave this place. The not-human male was so powerful that all his brothers and sisters had already fled. Only the oldest of his kind would dare stay now. There were wolves to the north, hunting, but they were reckless creatures who cared nothing for eternity, they would roam close, but not too close unless commanded to do so, and then nothing would stop them. He took to the air only to settle on the loose soil of the earth. He changed appearance then and sighed as he admired his graceful hand. Such a lovely boy he was. And so talented at pleasure. The female who had fed him with her rich blood lay dying not ten miles from the cabins. Her pretty lips still curved in pleasure. She would never wake alive again once her eyes closed, but perhaps she would become like him. He had left her in an area she could easily dig a burrow in against the hateful sun, had she the strength to do so when the dawn first threaten to defile the night. If so then she would open her eyes as a hunter, if not then she would burn and become nothing but gray ash, easily taken by the slightest breeze.

Even he was not quite brave enough to come close to the cabins, but he got close enough to smell the sweet perfume of the interesting humans, who were not exactly human anymore. They smelled different, they smelled intoxicating, more intoxicating than blood even, and he chuckled at that. They didn't smell like the two non-human males. Those two were not prey or toys. They were something altogether different. He heard the chattering of them all as they gathered in one cabin. In all there was only one completely normal smelling human, an older woman. There were two humans that smelled so sweet he gnashed his teeth with the desire to take them, and four others who, while not smelling as sweet, were in their own right, delicious. He could picture the two males that haunted him. One that the Garren of the wolves had claimed, and the other. Fox and Alex were their names. His tongue wet his full lips and he sighed once more. He hadn't survived so long by hasty action, and it was with this thought that he let his feet take him away from the cabins and deeper into the forest. When he had walked among the lovely shadows long enough to enjoy the quiet he took to flight, heading south to the banquets awaiting him in the larger cities, cities that had yet to be affected by the commands of the biggest of the non-humans. It was like a force spreading out, forcing his kind and the other hunters to flee. He rose up high and was grateful for his ancient blood. It would protect him when he finally made his move to steal one of his pretty males. He had only to decide which one to take.

xx

Maggie yawned and after kissing Dana's cheek she made her way to her cabin.

Langly stood too and with a yawn the other gunmen, tired from the long day in the town, followed him out the door. They had pulled a large trailer into the clearing by the cabins and set up shop there. Maggie was delighted to have her own cabin.

Dana had forgiven Antonio and the two were quick to make their exit. Antonio gave one last, longing look at the two beauties who Skinner had greedily claimed, and led Dana to their cabin.

Alex stood, starting to clean up the clutter. Fox stood to help him but Skinner took his hand and led it to his mouth for a soft kiss. Outside of a small tightening of his lips, Alex ignored the suggestive gesture. Skinner stood and placed a hot kiss on Mulder's lips. "I want to take you to bed, Fox. Alex can join us later."

Mulder started to protest, but with a small push Skinner made Fox turn and walk to the room. Alex was clenching his jaw, and Skinner soothed him with a little mental promise of pleasure to come. He followed Mulder into the bedroom and pulled his lithe body to his heavily muscled one.

"Mulder. I love touching you, feeling you next to me. I've wanted to hold you for years."

Their eyes met and Mulder opened his mouth to say something, but he kissed Skinner instead. It was a brief kiss. He pulled back slightly and Skinner pulled off Mulder's shirt. He ran his fingers along Mulder's ribs, smiling passionately when Mulder shivered. He knelt and began to unbutton the loose Levi's. He growled as the parting fabric revealed Mulder's lack of underwear. He pulled the jeans down until Fox's thick cock was released. Skinner licked his lips as he stared at the pretty cock. The head was a smooth invitation, and he didn't bother with the words of praise that he thought, he simply sucked the head into his mouth, relishing Fox's moan of pleasure as much as the taste of the salty flesh. He sucked hard as the flesh grew to a complete erection.

Mulder rocked into Walter's hot mouth, moaning as the velvet tongue swirled around the tip of his cock. He closed his eyes and put one hand on Walter's head. His cock slid in and out of the sucking wetness and he felt himself getting close to orgasm rapidly. Walter abruptly pulled away and stood. Mulder groaned his frustration until Walter turned him to face the wall. He pulled the jeans off Mulder's body and tossed them to a corner of the room, where they lay in a forgotten pile. Mulder spread his legs as a wet finger played at his anus. Without much preparation Walter's cock nudged at him and the sharp pain of penetration made him gasp. The thick slide of it, the hard pressure of it as his body was opened was intensely erotic. He spread his hands open on the wall and licked his lips as Walter worked himself in and out, going deeper with every thrust. When he was fully seated inside Mulder's body, Walter began to kiss Mulder's neck.

"You're so beautiful, Fox, so tight and hot. You were made for this. You were made to be mine," Walter husked at Mulder's ear. "Can you feel it? Can you feel how much I need you?"

Mulder had one second to think how ludicrous that question was, before Walter pulled out and slammed back in with a force that made Fox yelp.

"Can you?"

"Yes," Mulder gasped.

Another retreat and advance, and another. Mulder felt his feet pulled off the floor and spread against the wall, held by some force other than Walter's hands which were finding work at toying with Mulder's nipples and aching cock. Mulder felt a moment's fear that he was pinned to the wall, unable to move, before the erotic nature of his submission overwhelmed him. His legs spread further and he whimpered as the fucking continued. He arched his head back and Skinner claimed his lips with his own. Their tongues mated wildly, and Walter pinched the tip of Fox's cock making Fox scream into Walter's mouth. He never wanted this to end. He wanted to be filled and taken.

"Wal-ter... oh God!" He wanted to move, he wanted to buck his hips back into the hard thrusts, but he was pinned. "Pl-ease... oh Wal... please."

Walter felt the inevitable orgasm building. Having Fox so helpless and yet so fully willing was the most erotic moment of his life. He was using no control over Mulder's mind, and the charge of that made him come so hard into the tight sheath that he screamed. He slammed several times into the immobile body before falling into Mulder, shaking and spent.

Mulder groaned. He was so close and Walter had stopped. "Don't stop... please. S-so close, please."

Walter let Mulder down and led him to the bed. Mulder moaned and looked at his own wet, throbbing cock.

"Save it for Alex, Fox. I want to see you take him."

Fox's cock jumped wildly at that thought. His beautiful Alex spread beneath him.

As if summoned, Alex entered the room. His reluctance evaporating as he looked at his lover gasping and hard on the bed.

"Take off your clothes, Alex," Walter growled.

Alex needed no pushing and he did just that.

The two men on the bed gasped in unison as Alex revealed his perfectly muscled body. His nipples were erect peaks on his defined pectorals, and Walter wanted to feed on them, to bite them and make those pink lips part with gasps of pleasure.

Alex strode to the bed, his erection swaying intoxicatingly. He slid over Fox, intending to part his legs and take Fox as quickly as he could.

"I want to be inside you, Alex," Fox purred before he claimed his lover's mouth.

Alex grinned into the kiss. "Do you, baby?"

"Oh, yeah, I do," Fox sighed as his hands explored the silken skin of Alex's muscled back.

"How do you want me, baby?" Alex asked as he nibbled on Fox's lips.

Fox moved quickly and flipped Alex over onto his back. "Like this. I want to see your face when you come."

"Make him wet, Fox. Wet him with your tongue," Walter managed to say through his lust. These two men were almost too beautiful. Their love and passion made him feel like a welcome voyeur. It was as if everything around the two melted away until there was just Fox and Alex. This didn't bother Walter, it only served to excite him further. No one save himself would be welcome here, and he only due to his power. There was an illicit thrill in that, and he had to admit he was grateful for what had happened that he could be here right now. He watched as the two men stilled and became lost in one another's gaze. Fox rained small kisses on Alex's face, the tender love implicit in each touch made Walter's cock swell once more.

Fox made his way slowly down Alex's chest, kissing every sharp valley made by the well-defined muscles. He bit one nipple and then the other, hard enough to make Alex cry out and bump his hips in response. He lapped at Alex's belly button and sucked hard on the sensitive flesh, his tongue plunging in and out in a promise of what he would soon be doing to Alex's ass. Alex spread his legs as Fox moved lower, slowly, too slowly.

"Baby, please."

Fox grinned as his lover writhed, trying to bring his cock up to Fox's languid mouth. He bit Alex's hipbone and dragged his tongue over the shivering flesh to the opposite hip and nibbled there. Alex was tossing his head and his eyes were narrowed with lust. Fox pulled back to look at Alex's hard cock. He kissed the tip and Alex clenched his teeth over a pleading groan. Fox took the plump head in his mouth and lapped up the pre-cum that drooled out with every pulse of Alex's body. Fox pushed Alex's legs up and licked at Alex's tight balls. He nipped gently on the skin and Alex's hips bounced enticingly. He trailed his tongue down the sweet crevice and sucked hard at the spot between anus and balls. Alex screamed in pleasure as his prostate was massaged from the outside. Fox's lips and tongue found Alex's anus and he fed there with moist adoration. He tried to get his tongue inside, but Alex was too tight, so he lapped at the flesh until the sphincter began to relax. He was able to shove his tongue in finally and he shoved it in and out while Alex squirmed on it. He joined his tongue with a finger and slowly entered his lover with first one finger and then two. He moved his mouth back to the smooth skin of the perineum as his fingers plunged in and out. When Alex was loose and slippery from the moist play, Fox moved up and shared Alex's taste with his lover as their tongues slid together, slowly and with promising passion.

Alex felt the first attempt at penetration and he hissed. Fox kissed Alex's forehead. "Relax, baby, let me in."

Alex gasped as the head slipped into his tight sheath and he pushed his hips up to hasten the penetration, groaning as Fox slid home.

'Fuck me," Alex moaned. "Hard."

Fox sat back on his knees and pushed Alex's legs up tight against his muscled chest. He began the age-old rhythm and the two were lost in it.

Alex began to pull on his own cock while the incredible sensations filled him. He stared up at Fox, whose head was thrown back, the tendons of his neck straining with the effort not to come before Alex. When Fox bit his lip and groaned, Alex felt his balls tighten.

Fox was going crazy with the effort not to come. "Get fucked, baby, get fucked," he begged.

At the urging to come for his lover Alex screamed as it hit him and his internal muscles clamped down hard on Fox's intruding member. Fox came with a near-silent scream and he fell atop Alex's shuddering body. He thrust erratically as the orgasm washed through him and into Alex.

When the tremors had passed, Fox lay dazed atop the warm body beneath him.

"Oh fuck, Fox," he said shakily.

"I think I just did," Fox whispered.

Alex chuckled and hugged him tight. "God I love you, baby."

Fox lifted his face from the warmth of Alex's chest and his eyes misted, "Not nearly as much as I love you, Alex. You are the only thing that matters to me. I love you so much."

Alex groaned at that and pulled Fox's face to his and the two kissed with heartfelt passion that made Skinner smile gently.

One day. One day they would say the same to him, he thought. Until that time he would enjoy their love for one another and their need for him. Considering his own throbbing erection, he debated whether to have them both pleasure him with their pretty, slutty mouths. Instead he let them fall asleep in each others arms, the power of their love for one another and his love of them, winning over his own power to own them. He curled up beside them, smiling as Fox sleepily patted his massive arm. One day, he vowed, before he too succumbed to sleep, his erection still demanding attention.

xx

Part III: Out of the Dark
uvalley@msn.com

Outstanding Skinner AU
Honorable mention

09/15/99
RATING: Very NC-17
SPOILERS: Probably, but do you care?
SUMMARY: Alternate Universe After the events of The Changing, the world is ruled by magic and Mulder has to learn to find a role for himself in the new paradigm.
WARNING: Sexual Assault, Angst, explicit sex (consensual and non-consensual) between hot men, magic, and B&D. If that isn't your thing or you are below the age of consent. DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!! My Krycek has two arms and he's going to keep them thank you.
DISCLAIMER: They aren't mine. They belong to CC and 1013 Productions. I don't make any money...wouldn't take it if I could, just borrowing, you can have them back.
FEEDBACK: Please and thank you. uvalley@msn.com
Website if applicable: http://www.slashingmulder.com/Author_N.htm
DEDICATED TO: Megaera for reminding me that the supernatural exists beyond the written word, (but mostly near her home) Thanks to JoB, Cerulean and Michael for their beta and delicious ideas...keep 'em coming love.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]