Go to notes and disclaimers


Permanent Midnight VIII

Sunrise
by Amy B


Dreamy crush with the sun coming up
Glance, look, stare
Stake in my heart
It beats so fast, so fast it stops
—[some song I heard on the US Queer as Folk]

In the hallway, Alex could hear the faintest strains of rock music coming from behind the door across from Trevor's. He got the impression of music that was very loud, but muffled by thick walls. He idly wondered if he'd be able to hear a scream from in there, and was he expecting to hear screams? There were other doors at the other end of the hall, but he ignored them and let himself outside.

He walked up a short set of steps and stood where grass would probably be in summer, but right now it was only snow, an inches deep blanket of pristine white marred only by a nicely compacted trail of footprints coming around the side of the house. Out of habit, he wandered over, squatted down, and inspected the tracks. There were three distinct sets of boot prints. He recognized his own immediately and picked out Trevor's going by shape, their position relative to his, and the smaller size. The last and freshest set, made by size twelve combat boots worn down at the heels, must have belonged to the mysterious Joe. This information was not particularly useful to him in his current situation, but he gathered it anyway.

He stood up straight and put his arm over his head for a good long stretch. He felt uncomfortable out here without the fake, but hadn't wanted to take the time to put it on. He took a deep breath of the crisp air and detected the smell of wood smoke from somewhere nearby. He looked around the rest of the yard, easily three times the size of the small front yard and completely surrounded by a tall wooden fence and various trees and shrubs. Obviously, the owner of this place valued his privacy. Was that Trevor? Or someone else?

After taking in the details of the back of the house itself, noting the small neat porch and sturdy back door, Alex finally turned his gaze upward. Fluffy pale grey clouds were scattered through the lightening sky, and he'd bet there'd be more snow before the day was out. To the east, blue, peach, and pink peeked through spots between the clouds, hinting at what might be a spectacular color show if the weather was clear.

The rising sun gave the edges of the clouds a silvery glow and he had to stop himself from reading anything deep or meaningful into it. Rays of light hitting particles of ice and dust did not make some mystical metaphor for all that was right and good in the world. That was just science and nature at work—and there was not much particularly noble about either that Alex had ever seen.

This was all a waste of time. Alex knew what he wanted. He had somehow known since the moment he'd realized what Trevor was—not some big revelation, but just a quiet certainty underlying everything he'd done since then. He didn't have to come here, didn't have to let Trevor cut him and suck his blood and fuck him senseless. From an outside view, Alex had put himself at considerable risk, something that he was usually too smart for unless Mulder was somehow involved. He still hadn't figured that one out yet. But Alex had never had more than a passing thought of vulnerability, because he'd had some conviction that either Trevor was just playing or if it did get too rough he'd be able to get himself out of it. He knew how to kill an alien shape shifter, dozens of ways to kill a human, and at least two ways to kill a vampire. Amazing how inventive and resourceful he could get under the right circumstances.

So why had he come here and let Trevor do all those things to him? He hadn't been forced or under Trevor's spell, not in a hypnotic sort of way at least. The vampire had captured his interest almost immediately, both for what he was and for the opportunity he represented. Even if Alex didn't go back inside and get the gift, the sex and bloodplay had been worth whatever risk he'd taken. They'd satisfied something deep inside him that he rarely got to indulge. The flip side of that famed survival instinct was getting a thrill out of flirting with death, or in this case, giving death the finger and a hearty "fuck off."

The long night started to catch up with him, and the cold seemed to sap what was left of his energy, so Alex turned and walked back to the door. He turned the knob half expecting it to have locked behind him, but it turned easily beneath his hand, as did the door to Trevor's room.

Trevor was under the covers and had his eyes closed, but Alex sensed that he wasn't sleeping. While Alex was hanging up his coat, a drowsy voice behind him confirmed his suspicions. "I'm sure you've noticed that people aren't exactly lined up to join the club, so to speak. It's not all black roses and moonbeams, you know."

Without speaking, Alex turned around and started taking his clothes off. Trevor stared at him for a long moment and sighed. "Yes, I can see that you know."

"If you don't want to do it, I'm sure I could get someone else," Alex said casually, casting a glance toward the door and the other room that lay beyond.

"Don't bother. He'd just have you for breakfast." Trevor smiled slightly and curled his fingers at Alex. "I'll do it. Come."

"Again? Well, if you insist." Alex crossed the room and slid under the covers. The sheets were soft and warm against his cool skin, and his eyes closed in silent appreciation for just a second before he looked at Trevor and asked seriously, "How do we do this?"

"It's quite simple, my pet. I'll drink from you, and you'll drink from me."

"We'll be equals then, and you won't call me that anymore." It wasn't a question or a request, and Alex wasn't sure if that's how he meant it. The nickname was growing on him.

Trevor laughed until he had to wipe the moisture from his eyes, and then, quicker than Alex could blink, he was on top of him. His fangs stabbed into Alex's throat, drawing a scream that was as much from surprise as pain. When Trevor ripped his teeth free, he didn't lick the wound closed and Alex could feel blood pouring down his neck. His vision went dim and his hearing went fuzzy, but he still understood Trevor's words. "You will never be my equal, not in this. You will be a mere infant compared to me. Don't forget it."

And then Trevor's mouth was back on him sucking and licking, and even though Alex could feel consciousness slowly slipping away, impressions flashed across his mind. Quick yet vivid memories of places that Alex had never been, people he had never known, and events that had never happened to him washed over him in a tide of information, the details of which he couldn't hope to grasp. He stopped trying and gave himself up to the physical sensations.

Every part of his body was screaming and yearning toward Trevor, a tension inside him twisting tighter and tighter, stretching impossibly thin until it was just about to snap, and then something wet touched his lips. When he instinctively opened his mouth and swallowed, agony became ecstasy, transforming him right down to the very molecules of his being as his body convulsed and shuddered in orgasm.

Mindlessly, Alex grabbed Trevor's wrist in a bruising grip, pressing it to his mouth as he sucked and sucked at the blood, pure and sweet like nothing he'd ever tasted in his life, pouring over his tongue. He wanted...he never wanted this to end...this strange rapture of both the body and the mind.

Hours, years, or millennia could have passed and Alex still would have protested when Trevor yanked his wrist away from Alex's mouth. He licked the wound and then pried Alex's fingers loose, as Alex mumbled a sleepy complaint and tried to open his eyes. His eyelids refused to cooperate but he got his lips to move once again before he passed out. "More."

"No, Alex, sleep for a while." Trevor's voice seemed to come from a long distance and Alex decided his advice was sound.

Alex made the transition from asleep to awake as he always did, quickly and silently, not opening his eyes until he'd taken a survey with his other senses. He could feel another person in bed with him, but he couldn't hear any other sounds except the ticking of a clock and the faint settling sounds that old houses made. Bringing his focus in to his own body, Alex suddenly became aware of how much his throat hurt. The raw, burning sensation was even worse than the time he'd evacuated his alien hitchhiker in a missile silo. He tried to swallow, but his mouth was too dry.

Gently rolling onto his side, Alex opened his eyes to see Trevor sleeping peacefully beside him. Hunger welled up in him and his gums started to ache. When he tried to lick his lips, sharp fangs pricked his tongue and the few drops of blood just made his hunger worse. Knowing of only one thing that would help him, Alex lifted Trevor's hand from where it lay between them on the mattress and brought it to his mouth. A quick slash of his fangs and blood flowed over his tongue, the warm wetness soothing the pain but whetting his appetite further.

Trevor awakened with a groan and wrenched his hand away. "That's enough, pet."

"No, it's not." Alex reached for him again, but Trevor rolled away and got off the bed.

Trevor walked over to a small refrigerator in a corner and opened the door. After shifting around a few of what sounded like glass containers, he shut the door. "Fuck. I'll be right back." He picked up his jeans off the floor, slipped them on, and walked out of the room without bothering to fasten them or put on a shirt or shoes.

Sitting up in the bed, Alex rubbed his mouth and scraped his hands through his short hair. He still felt tired, but he wasn't as sore as he'd expect to feel after a night like he'd just spent. He looked down at his body and noticed only a few smudges of dried blood and spunk, but no scars that hadn't been there before. Just as he was about to get up and help himself to a shower, the door opened and Trevor came in, looking rather sheepish, an expression that sad oddly on his features.

"I wasn't prepared for this, and the sun is still up."

Alex started to ask Trevor what he was talking about, but another guy came in behind him. With his dark hair standing on end and his black pants hanging loose around his sturdy hips, the stranger, whom Alex assumed to be Joe, looked as if he'd just been woken up and was not happy about it. He glared at Trevor until Alex cleared his throat and asked, "What's going on?"

Dark blue eyes turned to Alex with laser intensity, and Alex just stared back and tried to read something, anything at all, in the man's expression. Trevor's voice broke into the charged moment, but Alex didn't take his eyes off the newcomer. "I didn't plan to make you—or anyone at all— today, so I don't have any human blood on hand. Unfortunately, blood banks don't exactly deliver, so... Joe."

Trevor motioned at the other man as if his name said it all, but the growling in Alex's stomach made him impatient for cryptic statements. "What about him? What are you—" Suddenly, things started to click into place, and for some reason, what Trevor seemed to be suggesting unsettled him. "You want me...you want me to feed off him?"

"Sorry, pet, but after what I've already given, I can't give you as much as you need, and animal blood won't do it for your first time. You will only take enough to get you through the hours until the sun goes down again." Trevor shrugged and motioned Joe forward.

Joe walked over to the side of the bed, and spoke over his shoulder while looking down at Alex with an anticipatory gleam in his eyes. "That's a pretty one, Trev. Can I make him suck me off first?"

"He might bite it off if you don't ask nicely." Trevor laughed and crawled onto the bed behind Alex, wrapping himself around him. His jeans were surprisingly soft against the bare skin of Alex's back and sides. He beckoned Joe forward and dipped his head to nuzzle Alex's neck, his moist lips sending little fuck me signals to the rest of Alex's body.

Joe straddled Alex's legs, first pulling the sheet and blanket out of the way to bare Alex to his gaze. He tilted his head to one side as he inspected Alex's body, his gaze finally going from the stump up to Alex's face. Alex met his eyes defiantly and was surprised to see a slight smile kick up one corner of his mouth. One big square hand cradled the back of Alex's head while the other wrapped around what was left of his arm, and Joe pulled Alex's face into the crook of his neck.

Alex didn't have to be told what to do next. He opened his mouth wide and pushed his teeth into smooth skin until two small holes yielded a gush of warm blood. He swallowed deeply and felt his cock harden. Long, slender fingers appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, stroking him, and he recognized Trevor's touch right before he shut his brain down and sucked. Strangely, the bits of Joe's life that washed over him were mostly pieces of music and feelings of fierce possessiveness and aching loss, instead of the more concrete images of people, places, and things he'd gotten from Trevor. He'd wonder about it later, but for now...

The blood satisfied his burning thirst, but being sandwiched between Joe and Trevor fed an entirely different fire in Alex. He would have gone on drinking until every drop was gone, but Joe's fingers tightened on his hair and pulled him back. A feral growl slipped out before Alex could stop it, and Joe grinned before leaning in and licking a stray drop of blood from the corner of Alex's mouth. While he was there, he slipped his tongue inside for an exploratory kiss that Alex allowed just because he was feeling so good and replete.

Trevor hummed his approval against the back of Alex's neck when he started to rock his hips, shoving his cock deeper into Trevor's fist. Joe freed his mouth and let go of Alex's head, but before Alex could wonder why, Joe leaned over Alex's shoulder and kissed Trevor deeply. The sound of their busy mouths licking, smacking, breathing right next to his ear and the feel of Trevor's smooth chest against his back and Joe's furry chest against his was all too much for Alex. He thrust once more into Trevor's hand and came hard, shuddering and gasping for breath as shivers of pleasure raced over and through him like wildfire consuming everything in its path.

When Joe moved away, Alex sagged back against Trevor like a marionette with its strings cut. He was suddenly exhausted and sleepy again, and he felt Trevor lay him back against the pillows and pull the covers over him before leaving the bed. Voices drifted over him, disembodied and soft against his ears.

"You gonna let me play with your new toy, Trev?"

"That's up to him."

"Nah, it's up to me."

"Maybe, maybe so, but don't underestimate him or his strength."

"I don't. The fucker would've drained me if I'd let him."

"I wouldn't have let that happen, Joe. Take a bottle from the fridge before you go."

"You're too fucking good to me."

"That's what I keep telling you, pet."

"Save it for the newbie. I'm nobody's pet."

The voices stopped abruptly with the closing of the door, and Alex drifted off to sleep.

xx

Part IX: Apparitions
jb7811@bellsouth.net

Title: Sunrise
Author: Amy B.
Fandom: XF, vampire, crossover
Pairing: Krycek/other, kinda K/other/other
Series/sequel: Permanent Midnight series, sequel to Inescapable
Rating: NC-17
Date: December 6, 2000
Disclaimer: Alex Krycek belongs to Chris Carter, 1013, Fox, etc. Trevor belongs to me. Joe belongs mostly to himself, but there're some nice fellows in Canada who have a different idea.
Warning: Some stupid crossover elements. Some blood, but not as much as last time.

Thanks to Barb, Lori, Melissa, and Nicole for beta reading and support for even my craziest ideas.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]