Go to notes and disclaimers


Permanent Midnight VII

Inescapable
by Amy B



Tonight began with anything
Shadows, a light, a warm breath and a scream,
Tamper if you like between the doors,
Can't expect to go out—Breath, Pearl Jam

When they left Clea's club, Alex was surprised to find it was by the front door. A taxi came along almost immediately and stopped when Trevor hailed it. They climbed in the back and Trevor gave an address. At Alex's questioning look, Trevor smirked. "Perhaps I need to conserve my strength."

Alex nodded and looked out the window, but casually checked the weapons hidden inside his coat. If Trevor noticed, he didn't comment.

The cab pulled up in front of a big old house on a street full of other big old houses. Trevor motioned for Alex to get out and then spoke to the driver for a long moment before giving him some money.

Alex looked up at the dark windows of the Victorian-style house and wondered just how far the cliche would extend. At least into the ground, he decided, as Trevor took him around back and unlocked a door into the cellar. The door itself was quite a work of camouflage art, well-worn wood on the outside and reinforced steel on the inside.

Trevor locked the door behind them and led Alex down a hallway to another door, which he also unlocked and then locked again as soon as they were inside. Alex's eyes went immediately around the single spacious room searching for exits and dangers. He only found four small windows set in the long wall opposite the door, all covered by heavy black curtains, and two open doors. One was a closet and one appeared to lead into a bathroom.

An antique dresser stood next to the door and near the closet. Trevor laid his keys down on the scarred surface before taking off his coat and hanging it in the closet. He swept his hair out of his face with one hand in a dramatic gesture that made Alex roll his eyes, but he lost all amusement when Trevor stood very close to him and stared at him intensely.

"Alex, listen to me."

Trevor's voice reverberated inside Alex's head until he felt the words as much as heard them. He knew what that particular voice meant and he tried to resist. "No, don't. Don't do that to me again."

"I have to," replied Trevor, with a distinct lack of remorse. He held Alex's face in both hands, forcing him to maintain eye contact. "You will not open the curtains. You will not open the door. You will not try to kill me."

The others were bad enough, but the last order went against every bit of self-preservation that Alex had. Everybody was expendable in the right circumstance, that is, if they became a danger to Alex. He tried to hold on, but could feel his will slipping away. Mildly comforting was the fact that Trevor never said Alex couldn't hurt him.

With a kiss on the lips that nearly made Alex's skin crawl with its tenderness, Trevor released him and stepped back. "You're not the only one with a strong survival instinct, my pet. I didn't live this long by trusting every boy I pick up in a bar." He stuck his hand inside Alex's coat, running his fingers over the fabric-concealed straps that held on Alex's prosthetic arm. "This fascinates me. Take off your clothes so I can see."

Since the words were spoken in a regular voice, Alex knew that he could refuse and he almost did, just to prove to both of them that he could. Instead, he took out his knife, laid it on the dresser next to Trevor's keys, and hung his coat up in the closet, patting the secret pocket to make sure his gun was still in place. Knowing that he looked awkward when he took off this particular shirt—just his bad luck he'd worn a pullover instead of a button-up—Alex leaned back against the dresser nonchalantly. "You do it."

Trevor smiled and slowly worked the soft wool fabric up Alex's torso, off his right arm, then over his head and off his left arm. Picking up Alex's right hand, he grabbed the tips of the glove's fingers in his teeth and pulled. He dropped the glove and the shirt next to the knife, and ran both hands over Alex's chest and shoulders.

Alex tensed when the questing fingers homed in on what was left of his arm, but they didn't stop, just continued on down the hard plastic of his prosthesis. He kept his eyes on Trevor's face, which showed interest and curiosity, but no pity or horror. That suited Alex just fine.

"What can you do with this?" Trevor started to lift the arm, and Alex allowed it.

"I can drive, hold things, hit people..." Alex lost his train of thought when Trevor bent the fingers of Alex's hand in a rough approximation of a familiar gesture. He stuck two fingers inside the loose fist he had made, and moved them back and forth against the leather.

"What does it feel like?"

"I don't jerk off with it. The limited grip and range of motion makes it not worth the trouble."

"Mm hmm." He continued to inspect the hand and arm, all the way up to the stump, where he rubbed the tips of his fingers around the edge of the cup, sending little tingles through Alex's skin. "And of course, skin on skin is so much better, yes?"

Alex didn't reply, but pulled at the edge of Trevor's shirt, sticking his good hand under the fabric to touch the flat of Trevor's stomach. It was smooth and only slightly on the cool side, and he wondered how other body parts would feel. Warmer, colder, or the same?

Trevor released the straps that held on Alex's arm and laid it on the dresser, then he stepped back and stripped his T-shirt off. Pale and lean, he looked so breakable and easily bruised that Alex's mouth watered and his cock began to harden, which Trevor quickly noticed. He trailed his fingers over the growing bulge of black leather and licked his lips. "Did I mention that I quite enjoy the way you taste, my pet?"

Alex blinked slowly and said, "I don't know, but you could demonstrate."

"Yes, I could, but first things first." With one hand on Alex's shoulder, Trevor shoved him down on his knees, putting his own erection at mouth level for Alex. "You still owe me."

Bracing his hand on Trevor's hip to steady himself, Alex looked up from his position as if he were in complete control. And maybe he was. Thinking so was the only way he could do this. "Take it out for me."

Trevor did as he was told and then rested his hands on Alex's head, moving them restlessly as if he wished the hair was long enough to twist around his fingers. Alex took his hand from Trevor's hip and wrapped it around the base of Trevor's cock, which was uncut and pretty average. Closing his eyes, Alex slid his lips over it slowly and discovered that the skin was warmer than the rest of Trevor, but not as hot as a regular guy's would be. He traced the raised veins with his tongue and Trevor sighed, "Yes, yes, that's it." So he did it again and again, until Trevor moaned and began to move his hips to some inner rhythm.

When Trevor started to thrust into his mouth with increasing violence, Alex let his bottom lip slide off his teeth so that they scraped along the underside of Trevor's cock. The vampire came with a shout and a jet of strangely flavored semen, which Alex swallowed quickly without stopping to analyze it. He let the cock slip out of his mouth and tucked it back inside Trevor's jeans, not bothering to do up the button and zipper. Trevor patted him on the head, patronizing and rewarding at the same time.

Alex rose to his feet and took Trevor's arm in a tight grip. "Now it's your turn to do something for me."

"Yes, of course." Trevor smiled, picked up the knife, and pushed Alex across the room and down onto the bed. The spread was a tacky tiger stripe affair that's only saving grace was that it wasn't made from some kind of faux-fur. Instead, the cover was cottony soft against Alex's bare back as Trevor took off Alex's pants, socks, and boots. Trevor didn't comment on the smaller boot knife, just laid it aside and picked up the first knife. It felt odd to be lying there completely naked while the other man was still half-dressed, but Alex ceased to think about it when Trevor held the blade up to the light and inspected it carefully. "Nice work. Did you get this in Spain, by any chance?"

Alex nodded and watched in fascination Trevor sliding the blade along the side of his hand at the base of his thumb. As a ruby trickle welled out of the cut, Trevor climbed onto the bed, straddling Alex's hips. He licked up the line of blood dripping down his wrist with intense concentration and then looked down at Alex. "You think this is what you want?"

Alex stared back impassively, but his body answered eloquently and in detail. His cock was so hard it stood away from his body, as if trying to get to Trevor any way it could. Trevor noticed this with a smug smile and leaned forward, rubbing his denim covered crotch against Alex's. Alex raised his hips to get more friction, but was soon distracted by Trevor's hand on his face.

"This is what it's all about, my pet." Trevor rubbed the bloody cut across Alex's mouth, squeezing drops between Alex's eagerly opened lips. As the blood poured sweetly over his tongue Alex realized why Trevor's come had tasted odd, it must have had blood in it. His rational mind told Alex this was all dangerous and sick, but a more primitive part of him said this was what he was meant for, what he needed. Something inside him that he hadn't even known was out of whack clicked smoothly into place. He tried to suck at the cut, but Trevor drew his hand away and licked it himself.

In just a few seconds, the skin healed completely, but Alex had no time to marvel over it because Trevor was scratching the tip of the knife lightly across Alex's chest, just above his left nipple, right above his heart. The stinging pain was inconsequential the second Trevor dipped his fingers in the welling blood and drew them down Alex's torso toward his groin. Alex raised his head enough to see the red streaks painted on his abdomen, just before Trevor backed away so that he could lower his mouth and lick Alex clean. Alex arched his hips, encouraging that maddening tongue to move lower, but it didn't. Trevor moved back up to his chest and licked the cut closed as he had done to his own hand. He raised his head to smile at Alex, revealing long, pointed fangs where regular eyeteeth had been just moments before.

Trevor picked up the knife from the where he'd dropped it beside Alex and tossed it onto the floor. "We won't be needing that anymore, will we, pet?"

"Do it." Alex craned his head, exposing his throat.

With a quiet growl, Trevor plunged his fangs in—not into his throat, but into the stump of his left arm. Alex shuddered and fought down a sudden queasiness. This was perverted even by his admittedly broad standards. He reached up and grabbed a handful of Trevor's hair, but the vampire was already pulling away.

"Relax, my pet." Alex stiffened rebelliously before he realized the words were spoken in a normal voice. Trevor licked at his stump and then moved back to his chest, nibbling at a nipple before biting into his pectoral. The teeth were so sharp that the pain didn't really register until a second or two later, but by then pleasure was also taking hold and Trevor was moving to a new spot. Bite, lick the wound, move on, over and over. Each shoulder, his wrist, his stomach, the back of one knee, the inside of his thigh—oh that one really drove him crazy because Trevor's hair was silken torment against his balls. Alex let out a moan that made Trevor raise his head and flash him a blood stained grin. "That's it, pet. Scream for me."

Alex shook his head and closed his eyes, refusing to give up that much. He changed his mind when those fangs raked across his lower belly. Fire and pain ripped through him and he yelled a curse that ended on an unintelligible gurgle. He looked down his body in disbelief to see Trevor scoop up a handful of blood and smear it on his cock, which had lost some of its enthusiasm with that last burst of pain. Arousal returned in a rush under Trevor's agile tongue, licking up every crimson streak and dribble.

With all his blood flowing either to his groin or down Trevor's throat, Alex started to feel light headed and fuzzy around the edges. He started to say something, but Trevor suddenly stopped...everything. He left the bed and Alex whimpered before he could stop himself. When Trevor returned shortly, he was naked and carried something in each hand. He propped Alex up on a couple of pillows and pressed a glass bottle of orange juice to his mouth.

Alex swallowed a mouthful of the cold liquid gratefully and raised his hand to take the bottle. Trevor gave up possession easily, probably because it freed up his hands to open the tube of lubricant he'd also brought over. Drinking the juice quickly and setting the empty bottle on a bedside table, Alex watched as Trevor squeezed some of the gel onto his fingers. Just before he applied it to Alex's ass, he said cheerfully, "I'm sorry it'll be a bit chilly, but blood is not quite up to the job. It dries too quickly."

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" asked Alex dryly, trying not to flinch as the cold slick fingers started working their way inside his body, prodding and stretching him. The flash of pleasure when the fingers hooked and scraped against his prostate made Alex forget about the cold and his extremely vulnerable position.

"No, we wouldn't," Trevor replied very seriously, then he grinned, bent down, and playfully licked Alex's cock. "You are an absolute delight, my pet."

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear that." Alex moved with the rhythm of the fingers in his ass. "Are you going to fuck me or just play?"

"Don't be in such a hurry." He added another finger with a rough thrust that made Alex close his eyes and bite his lip. "Take time to enjoy each step along the way."

"Yeah well, I'd like to get to the destination before I pass out from blood loss," said Alex, exaggerating sarcastically. He left his eyes closed as he raised his hips in demand.

"And to think you were so quiet when we first met. You're really coming out of your shell, Alex."

Before Alex could respond, Trevor replaced his fingers with his cock and shoved right in. There was something to be said for thorough preparation after all, because there wasn't so much as a twinge of discomfort as he started to smoothly thrust inside Alex, brushing his prostate on every backstroke. It was nice, gentle, and completely and utterly wrong.

Alex opened his eyes and stared up at the smirking vampire. "I'm not a timid virgin. Harder, damn you."

Trevor laughed and blew him a kiss, then reared back and slammed into him so hard Alex almost saw stars. That was more like it. He started thrusting down onto Trevor's rapidly moving cock, meeting him as if fighting to see who'd make the other come first. They were even enough until Trevor propped himself up on one hand and wrapped the other around Alex's straining erection. He stripped it as quickly and forcefully as he fucked, and Alex couldn't hold out another minute. He came with a guttural shout that surprised them both, if the wide-eyed look on Trevor's face was any indication. He relaxed against the pillows as Trevor kept pumping into him, finally coming with a shout of his own a couple of moments later.

Collapsing onto the bed next to Alex after he pulled out, Trevor sighed deeply and stared up at the ceiling for several moments without speaking. Alex was almost asleep when he broke the silence. "I won't turn you unless you really understand what you are asking for, what you would be giving up."

Alex didn't say anything and Trevor seemed to take this as encouragement to explain. "Do you remember Ray? The blond man with the Mountie lover that I took you to see earlier?" He waited for Alex's nod before continuing. "He didn't make an informed choice. Making him was a spur of the moment act on my part. I wanted him, I made him, and then I left him alone."

"That why you watch him from a distance? You feel guilty?" Alex had trouble believing it.

Trevor turned toward Alex and grinned. "Now, now, let's not get carried away, my pet. I do not ever feel guilty. I just...would like not to..." He shook his head and explained in Russian that it didn't feel quite honorable to change a man's life so completely without giving him a proper understanding of what that meant. "I don't know why English fails me in this subject."

Alex had no explanations to offer and could only ask what came next.

Trevor glanced at the clock by the bed. "In about half an hour, you need to get up, put on some clothes and go outside. Stand in the backyard and watch the sunrise. If you want to give it up, you can come back inside. If not, you are free to leave." He remained motionless on the bed as if it didn't matter to him one way or the other what Alex chose.

Alex's thoughts swirled round in his brain. Did he or didn't he? Give up the sun, gain some power. Give up solid food, gain enhanced senses. Live in the shadows, live in the dark, what difference did it make? He'd be living for a good long time, and no fucking black oil would ever hitch a ride in his body again. The slam of the outside door had him rolling off the bed and reaching for his knife on the floor.

Trevor peeked over the edge of the bed. "Relax, Alex. It's just Joe cutting it too close again."

"Who the fuck is Joe?"

"He's staying in the suite across the hall. He mostly lives there, unless he's elsewhere." Trevor reached out to help Alex up, but Alex knocked his hand away. Trevor didn't seem to notice, just brought it right back to curl around Alex's stump as he sat on the side of the bed.

"Is he another of your little projects?" Alex shook the hand off again.

"Oh no, I didn't make him. We're just friends."

"So there're a lot of you out there?"

"More than you might believe, but less than you might imagine if you're given to fanciful thoughts."

"I'm not." Alex snorted and got up for his clothes.

"You know the monsters are real, don't you? You already live in the shadows, so what harm could it do if I turn you? That's what you're thinking, yes?"

Alex didn't bother to answer those questions. He got dressed slowly and methodically and didn't care if he had an awkward moment or two. He was grateful that Trevor stayed on the bed and didn't offer to help.

Then he went over to the door, wondering if he could open it. Before he could ask, Trevor spoke in that spooky voice again. "You may go out now, Alex. Return only if you are certain of what you want."

Alex looked back over his shoulder, nodded solemnly, and walked outside to see the sunrise.

xx

Part VIII: Sunrise
jb7811@bellsouth.net

Title: Inescapable
Author: Amy B.
Fandom: X Files, vampire, vaguely crossoverish with due South
Pairing: Krycek/other
Rating: NC-17
Series/Sequel: sequel to Elegant, in the newly named "Permanent Midnight Series"
Date: December 2, 2000
Warning: There's a lot of blood, 'cause, you know, it's about a vampire and stuff. And this is post-Tunguska so of course the stump figures in...
Disclaimer: Alex Krycek belongs to CC and company. Trevor belongs to me. Not hard to see who got the better end of that deal, eh?
Big thanks to Lori and Barb for outstanding beta.
For Melis, with no icky old girls. ;-)

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]