Go to notes and disclaimers


Valentine's Day
by Amy B


There's so much I want to say
But all the words just slip away
The way you love me every day
Is Valentine's Day

Alex Krycek strolled through the halls of the J. Edgar Hoover Building trying not to smile. It was difficult because he felt so damn good. A weekend with Fox Mulder would do that for anybody. Alex's mouth twitched and he bit his lip to stop the goofy grin he felt trying to break out.

Although they had been seeing each other for nearly a month, he and Fox had managed to be discreet to the point that sometimes he wondered what their relationship was. The very thought of what could happen if their involvement came out dampened his mood enough that the smile was much easier controlled.

He knew the danger just as Fox did but they never talked about it. Just silently acknowledged it as a fact of their lives.

He stopped in front of Fox's desk and waited for his partner and lover to finish his phone call. Mulder was speaking very softly in that low tone that Krycek had only heard when they were in bed or when Scully was around. His good mood was quickly evaporating and it was all that damn redhead's fault. His shoulders tensed and he clenched his jaw until a muscle there started ticking in time with his grinding teeth. He wanted to grab the phone and shout, "He's mine now. Get over it!" But of course, he could never do something that impulsive. Not only would his career be over, but Mulder would never stand for it and they would be over too.

He swallowed his jealousy and resentment of Scully's closeness with his lover and tried to look cool and slightly bored. He knew it had worked when Mulder hung up the phone and said casually, "Are you through for the day?"

Alex smiled convincingly and said, "Yeah, how about you? Paperwork done?"

Mulder checked to see if anyone was watching but the area was pretty deserted. He stood up and lowered his voice to that tone that drove Krycek crazy and said, "I'm ready...to go home. Are you coming?"

Krycek also glanced around before he chuckled and answered, "No, but I hope to soon."

Expecting to get a laugh, Krycek was surprised when Mulder nodded and said very seriously, "Oh, you will. You definitely will."

"My place or yours?"

"Yours. I'll meet you there. I have to make a couple of stops."

"Don't take too long..." another quick glance around... "Fox."

Mulder looked up from the papers he was straightening on his desk and tilted his head to one side. His hazel eyes went dark and sultry and his pouty lips parted slightly. He flicked his tongue out to wet his lips and said, "Remember I said I'd shoot you if you did that?" He waited until Krycek slowly nodded before continuing, "That's too good for you. I want you to suffer so, as you walk out of this building tonight, think of want I'm going to do to you as soon as I get you naked." He ran his eyes down Alex's body and nodded, as if to himself. "You might even like it."

Krycek shifted trying to contain his growing arousal then backed away his dark green eyes never leaving Mulder's. "Yeah, it's working. I'll see you later."

Mulder gathered up his papers and stuffed them into his briefcase silently cursing the loss of the X-Files and his office for the thousandth time. He smiled slightly at the thought of the bizarre twist of fate that caused him to lose his work and then find a lover, indirectly because of that loss. At least he still had Scully and now Alex. Alex who was waiting for him, thought Mulder as he headed out of the building.

xx

Alex drove home half aroused and very anxious to see what Mulder had in mind for the evening. He walked up to his apartment and remembered last week when Fox had come over to watch the Bulls play the Knicks. They had made it exactly two minutes into the game before the kissing started. By the end of the first quarter they were naked. By half time, they had abandoned the living room for the bedroom but were so wound up that they were finished by the last quarter. Even so, Alex had no idea which team had won.

Once inside his apartment, he automatically checked to see if anything was out of place. It was as spotless as he had left it that morning so he went to take a quick shower, shave, and brush his teeth.

After grooming, he stood in front of his closet and carefully picked out his clothes even knowing he wouldn't be wearing them long. Tight jeans and his new black silk shirt that Fox hadn't seen yet. He combed his hair, slapped on some Old Spice, and decided against putting on shoes. Bare feet would save time later.

He wandered out to the living room and turned on the radio. "Iris" was playing yet again. He snorted and switched to the CD player. The sound of Harry Connick, Jr. crooning "It Had To Be You" poured out of the speakers and Alex felt himself start to relax. Unfortunately, he also started feeling very horny.

He had just gone to the kitchen for a drink when he heard a knock at the door. He hurried over and heard his lover say "It's me." He disengaged two deadbolts and a police lock then opened the door.

Fox Mulder stood there holding a big cardboard box. Alex reached out to take it but was politely refused so he grabbed Fox's elbow and pulled him inside. As soon as the box was carefully placed on the coffee table, Alex swung Fox around and crushed his mouth with his own. His hands moved down to Mulder's behind and ground their hips together. They fit together perfectly, an advantage of being the same height.

Fox pulled back to try to catch his breath but didn't get far. Alex latched onto his neck and sucked gently until Mulder pulled his hair to remind him not to leave marks. He nodded his understanding then moved up to lick at Fox's ear and whisper how much he wanted him, needed him now.

Mulder's hand went to tug at his tie as Alex pushed him up against the wall. Krycek took his mouth in another deep kiss and started thrusting his hips against his partner's. Their erections rubbed together separated by their clothes. The tease and promise of the moment pushed Mulder over the edge until he was free falling into ecstasy. His loud moan of completion sent Alex tumbling after him.

As one, they slowly slipped to the floor to kiss and cuddle while they caught their breath. After a few minutes, Alex kissed Mulder on the nose and said, "So Fox, what's in the box?"

"You had to ask it that way didn't you?"

"Yep, sure did."

Mulder reached out and unbuttoned the black silk shirt, pulled it open, lowered his head, and blew a raspberry on his lover's stomach. Alex doubled up in laughter as Fox sat back with a smirk and said, "Now I'll show you what's in the box."

They sorted themselves out and went over to open the box. First Fox pulled out a change of clothes and looked down at his damp crotch. He glanced at his lover in slight reproach and said, "Good thing I brought these."

"You shouldn't be such a tease. Besides, since we got the first one out of the way, we can take our time with the next one. Maybe have dinner and talk a little first. Now what else you got in there?"

Fox started to pull out the contents naming them as he went. "Champagne—which should have been chilling all this time. Dinner—a faithful recreation of our first date." He ignored Alex's smirk. "Some things for later." He took out leather handcuffs, a handful of long white feathers, and a bottle of strawberry flavored edible massage oil.

Alex looked at him in mock surprise. "Why Fox! Where have you been shopping?"

Mulder ignored him and pulled out the last item. He was a little nervous about this gift because he was unsure of how it would be received. The deeper significance could go unnoticed or be rejected. He hesitated until Alex started to question him then he silently thrust out his offering.

Alex took the professionally gift wrapped box with a solemn expression in his green eyes. He sat on the couch and carefully unwrapped it. It was a box of Godiva chocolates which he opened to find filled with his favorite truffles. It was an incredibly romantic gesture from a man who had never paid much attention to romance before.

Mulder shifted his weight from one foot to the other and back again waiting for some reaction. When Alex looked up with a blinding smile, he let out the breath he had been unaware of holding. "Are they ok?"

"Yes, they're my favorites. How'd you know?"

"You have the most well developed sweet tooth of anyone I know. I wanted to give you something special."

"They're very special and so are you." He waved a hand at the champagne and other goodies. "Are we celebrating something?"

Fox ducked his head and mumbled.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

He jerked his head up and said almost defiantly, "Valentine's Day."

"It's November," Alex offered weakly.

"Well, we didn't know each other in February and it's sort of our four week anniversary." He stood looking at the beautiful man before him and felt a little foolish. He wondered if this had all been a mistake.

Alex didn't say anything just stood and took Fox in his arms. He pressed soft kisses all over his face and whispered, "I love it. You're so romantic. I love you. You're wonderful."

Fox captured his lover's wandering lips and put all his adoration into the kiss. They had never spoken of love and Fox had often wondered if his feelings would be returned if he managed to speak them. He was relieved and elated to have Alex do so first. A little voice in his head whispered ‘don't trust him. No one could love you' but he ruthlessly silenced it and poured his heart into his kisses.

They finally had to break for breath or risk passing out. Alex gasped, "Well...

Shall we put the champagne and food in the fridge for later?"

"Yeah, I'm hungry for something else right now." Fox smiled with an evil glint in his eyes. "There's also your...punishment for calling me Fox at the office."

He gathered up his toys and headed for the bedroom with an eager Krycek following after him stripping his clothes off as he went.

After stopping off in the bathroom for a wet washcloth, Mulder went into the bedroom to find a naked Alex stretched out on the bed with the covers folded neatly at the foot. He removed his clothes then washed the stickiness from his partner and himself. He picked up the handcuffs and dangled them in Alex's face.

Alex smiled and said, "Only if I get to use them on you later."

Fox tensed up and almost refused until he saw the hopeful look on his lover's face. He cleared his throat and slowly nodded.

"What's wrong?" Alex sat up and put his arms around Fox. He kissed him gently on the cheek and whispered, "Don't you trust me?"

"I find it extremely difficult to trust anybody. It was very hard for me to trust Scully even after we had been partners for awhile. It's just that..." His voice trailed off and he shrugged helplessly.

"Okay. Look, I'll make you a deal. I won't ask to tie you up or otherwise restrain you if you promise to never mention Scully's name in bed or when we're naked no matter where we are. Is it a deal?"

"Deal." Mulder smiled and whispered into Alex's ear, "I want you now."

Alex turned to capture Mulder's mouth in a long wet kiss then said, "How do you want me? Back or stomach?"

"Back... arms over your head." He watched while Alex assumed the position then fastened the cuffs around his wrists put didn't secure them to the headboard. He wasn't interested in making Alex feel too vulnerable. He just wanted to tease him a bit. Play with him.

Alex closed his eyes as Fox gently ran his hands through Alex's hair then down to his toes and back up again. He told Alex to keep his eyes closed and reached for a feather. He brushed it across Alex's lips until they parted on a sigh.

Fox replaced the feather with his mouth for a quick hard kiss then swirled the feather down Alex's throat. A quick detour to his ear made Alex laugh and squirm. a feather. He Mulder smiled and traced the feather around each nipple making Krycek arch and gasp. His smile turned wicked as he did it again then brushed the feather down to Alex's very sensitive bellybutton. Alex twisted his hips to one side almost knocking Fox from the bed.

Fox straddled his squirming lover's thighs and Alex's eyes popped open to see the feather being tossed aside. The bottle of massage oil appeared and the eyes widened further. "Fox," Alex croaked, "what are you gonna do with that?"

"Well, I noticed you have some swelling down here that looks pretty painful. Thought you could use a rubdown." The scent of strawberries drifted up from Fox's oily hands as they got down to business.

"Ahhh... yeah. That's, whoa! That's what I ummm... Yes! Do that again." Alex thrust his hips wildly into Fox's stroking hands but it wasn't enough. He wanted those delectable lips wrapped around his aching flesh.

"You like this, Alex?" Fox asked a little breathlessly as one hand abandoned his partner's erection for his own. He stroked them both in matching rhythm.

"I like... but... want your mouth."

When Fox leaned forward for a kiss, Alex bit his lips and sucked at his tongue. Just as he moaned, Alex jerked his head away and pleaded through gritted teeth, "Suck me. Please?"

Fox gave him one last kiss on the lips then moved south for a much deeper kiss. He licked every drop of the strawberry oil from Alex's throbbing cock with the fleeting thought that he was glad it was edible. He was also grateful he had gotten the big bottle. His hand resumed stroking as he moved down to the delicate skin of the scrotum and licked it thoroughly clean.

Alex was nearly silent now only emitting the occasional whimper. Fox looked up to see dark slitted eyes watching his every move. He stared right back as he took the cockhead into his mouth. He ran his tongue around and around the sensitive edge until Alex closed his eyes. He threw his head back as Fox sucked in more of him softly at first then gradually harder until Alex jerked his hips and groaned, "Now, Fox!"

Mulder pulled back until just the head was in his mouth as Alex's whole body convulsed in a powerful orgasm. He swallowed quickly to avoid choking then gave up. He turned his head and tenderly kissed Alex's belly as his lover came against his throat.

When it was over, Fox crawled up the bed, opened the cuffs, and massaged Alex's arms and shoulders, all the while rubbing his still needy flesh against Alex's thigh. He was hard and hurting so his rubbing became a frantic humping motion. He was so far gone that when Alex took his cock in hand and gave a couple of firm tugs he came with a loud cry and collapsed.

Alex snagged the washcloth from the nightstand. This time it was he who soothingly washed away the remains of their passion. His partner had flopped over on his back and was gasping like a freshly caught fish.

Alex gathered Fox in his arms and said, "You do realize I'm probably gonna call you 'Fox' in a case meeting just to see what you'll do next."

"Please don't. I'm not sure we would both survive." Fox turned his head to meet Alex's lips with his own. He languidly raised a hand to brush back his partner's dark hair. He ran his fingers through the silky strands until Alex's eyes closed and he started to purr.

Mulder watched the growing pleasure on his lover's face and suddenly whispered, "I do love you, Alex. It just doesn't come easily for me."

"Like trust," Alex murmured, opening his eyes just a bit.

"I guess I haven't had much evidence that either is really worth the pain." He smiled a little, "It's different with you. I feel different with you."

Alex kissed him and then smiled although his eyes were suspiciously wet. "I love you, Fox Mulder. Be my Valentine?"

"Be mine." Fox whispered with an answering grin.

"Always."

xx

Part III

jb7811@bellsouth.net

Lyrics by Steve Earle used without permission. Characters by Chris Carter also used without permission.
Note: This is M/K NC-17 slash that takes place in a warm fuzzy universe where Protection (of the prophylactic variety) is unneccessary— in the Real World play safe. Please forgive the musical anachronism. Feedback (of any kind) welcome.

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]