Go to notes and disclaimers


The Next Voice You Hear
by Amy B


After a refreshing shower, Mulder didn't feel quite as tired anymore. It was too early to go to bed or rather the couch, not that he would sleep much anyway. Obviously a video wouldn't hold his attention, and he didn't feel like working. He paced restlessly around the living room for awhile until his eyes fell on the box of Tic Tacs. He smiled slightly as a sneaky thought struck him.

He picked up the phone, dialed *69, and then sprawled on the couch. After a couple of rings, a wary voice answered, "Yeah?"

Mulder didn't say anything for a moment. Just listened to the sound of Alex Krycek's breathing. It sounded just a little fast.

"Mulder," sighed Alex. "What do you want?"

"Now why does that sound familiar? How'd you know it was me?"

"Hello? You don't think I'd have 'Caller I.D.'?" Krycek replied with an audible smirk.

"Yeah, I guess with so many people out to kill you, it pays to know who's on the line. Had any attempts on your life lately?" Now it was Mulder's turn to smirk.

"Why? Want some tips for the next time you want to take a shot at me?"

"Hey, I may have kicked your ass a few times, but I've never tried to kill you."

"Did you forget why Scully had to shoot you that time outside your building? I should have sent her some flowers or something. Oh, that's right, I forgot. She hates me." Krycek chuckled darkly and said, "You know, she was so jealous of me during our brief foray into partnerhood. She knew I could take you away from her."

"Take me...? You took her away from me, you dumbass," replied Mulder incredulously.

"I had a very minor role in all that, and you did get her back. You can really hold a grudge, can't you Fox-don't-call-me-that?"

"No, please," groaned Mulder. "Don't start that again."

"Well, you won't let me call you 'Fox' even after all we've been through together. So what can I call you? Sweetheart? Babycakes? Snickerdoodle?" Mulder had forgotten how well Krycek could do 'innocent'. The man had clearly missed his calling as an actor because he had managed to say those ridiculous names with a straight... voice.

"Do you have to call me anything? Do you even have to call me?"

Mulder felt control of the situation slipping from his hands, as usual, when Krycek replied, "Hey, hey buddy, this time you called me."

"Yeah, and I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to hang up now," stated Mulder matter-of-factly.

"No, wait!" Alex spoke quickly, without the underlying amusement of previous comments. His voice was a darkly sensuous purr, "Talk to me, Mulder. What made you call me back?"

Mulder shivered and thought for a moment before reluctantly answering, "Tic Tacs."

"Tic Tacs," Alex repeated flatly. "Tic Tacs?"

"Yeah, Tic Tacs."

"Mulder, would it be too much trouble for you to speak in complete sentences? What about the fucking Tic Tacs?" The impatient tone didn't detract from the smoky sensuality of Krycek's voice.

"You left them here. Cinnamon, just like the old days. Which reminds me...what was the deal with the Polo?"

"What? Mulder, what are you rambling on about now?"

Mulder smiled to himself, determined to keep Krycek as off-balance as he himself had been lately. This could turn out to be a lot of fun.

"Remember when we first met and you were pretending to be an FBI agent?"

"Hey, I was an agent."

"Whatever. Do you remember how you wore Old Spice after-shave all week except for Fridays when you wore Polo? Well, I've always wondered why you only wore Polo on Fridays."

"You're so weird. You could ask me just about anything, and you ask about my after-shave? No accusations of murder and mayhem? No questions about alien projects or global conspiracies?"

"I was curious..."

"Yeah, that'll get you killed someday. I'm curious about something too. What are you wearing?"

Mulder gulped and wondered if there was any point in fighting this dark seduction. Maybe he should play along and see what happened. He glanced down at his faded Redskins t-shirt and smiley-face boxers and winced. He lowered his voice and said, "What do you think?"

"I want you to be naked or maybe wearing a pair of black silk boxers and a studded slave collar."

"Stud—studded..." repeated Mulder faintly, but Krycek continued as if he hadn't spoken.

"But, more realistically, I figure you've been home long enough to change clothes, and you would pick something practical and comfortable—like sweats or jeans—just in case you get an unexpected late night visit."

"Visit? Are you coming back?" Mulder mentally smacked himself as soon as the needy-sounding words left his mouth then tried to cover. "I mean, any time you want to pass on information about what your Syndicate friends are up to... I could use a new source since I'm out of the X-Files. You want to tell me what's going on in your murky little world?"

"I'm pretty much on my own right now. Looking out for you on occasion, but mostly just getting by."

"Poor baby. Must be rough not being able to sign up for unemployment," replied Mulder with a bit of his customary sass. He leaned over and picked up the empty vodka bottle.

"Yeah, well don't worry about me. I used to make more in a week than you do in a year, so I've got plenty saved up. And a much nicer apartment than that interesting specimen of yours."

"Why don't you retire to some nice tropical island then, if you're so rich?" Mulder idly spun the bottle between his hands as he thought about Alex lying naked on a hot sandy beach. He almost groaned as his already-came-once-should-be-finished-for-the-night-body started hardening with arousal.

"Because there is still work to be done. And besides, what would you do without me to kick around?" asked Alex with gentle amusement and a remarkable lack of bitterness.

"Probably get a good night's sleep," answered Mulder absently as he twisted the cap off the bottle and took a sniff. He gingerly touched his tongue to the rim, wondering if Alex had drunk straight from the bottle. If his mouth had been where Mulder's now was. The thought sent a thrill through Mulder's gut and made his cock throb almost painfully.

The sound of Krycek's laughter brought his attention back to the phone. The man was nearly hysterical, and Mulder was at a loss as to why for a moment. He realized what he had said and how Alex must have taken it, as if thoughts of Alex kept him awake at night. Of course, this was sometimes true, but Krycek didn't need to know that.

While Krycek tried to get himself under control, Mulder turned his attention back to the bottle. Since there was no glass on the table and Krycek certainly wouldn't have washed the dishes, Mulder decided he must have drunk the vodka straight from the bottle. He sniffed one more time but didn't detect anything out of the ordinary. He ran his tongue around the rim and imagined he could taste Alex in the traces of vodka that clung to the glass. He shivered with the faint sting of the alcohol and did it again, this time dipping slightly into the bottle.

The bottle clinked ever so gently against the phone and Mulder froze. Of course, the bat-eared boy heard and asked "What was that noise, Mulder?"

Mulder stopped making love to the bottle and answered a little too quickly, "Nothing."

"That sounded like a glass bottle. An empty glass vodka bottle. Just how weird are you, Mulder?" Alex asked slyly.

"I was just drinking a beer. That's all it was," replied Mulder, trying not to sound defensive and give away the lie. "Now what were you laughing at?"

Alex ignored him and asked his own question, "So does this phone call mean you want me too?"

"More than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."

"I can give you a poke, all right. That would be no problem at all. Want me to come over right now, Mulder? I can fulfill all your fantasies." Krycek was purring now and giving Mulder a hard-on a cat couldn't scratch.

"No! I didn't say I wanted you, and I did not say I had any fantasies."

"Come on, Mulder I can hear it in your voice. I'll bet you're hard as a rock right now, aren't you? Are you holding your cock in your hand as you talk to me? Are you caressing it to the rhythm of my words?"

"No, of course not." Mulder slipped his boxers down and proceeded to do just as Alex described. He pictured Alex on the other end of the line with his sultry smile as he listened to the almost hypnotic flow of words.

"How big is it, Mulder? I've seen you in a Speedo, remember? You may be skinny, but you're big where it counts, aren't you? I'd like to see how big. Ever had anybody deepthroat that bad boy? I bet I could do it. I have all kinds of talents."

Mulder drew in a deep breath and tried not to give in to the pictures his brain was cooking up. Alex on his knees taking Mulder's cock down that long gorgeous throat, squeezing in warm wetness. His eyes rolled back in his head as his fingers mimicked the tongue action he imagined Krycek was so skilled at.

"Oh and Mulder, not to brag or anything, but I have some pretty impressive equipment too. So if you want that poking you've been asking for over the last five years, I can do a very thorough job of it. I like to go in real deep and hard. You like that, Fox-don't-call-me-that?"

"Oh, yeah..." Mulder moaned as he dropped the phone and came into his hand. The second orgasm of the night was just as spectacular as the first, if a little less abundant in actual output.

He calmed himself and picked up the phone to hear a hoarse, breathless voice say, "Was it as good for you as it was for me?"

Mulder let out a little laugh and said, "I don't know. How good was it?"

"It was so good I'm going to put your number on speed dial."

"I'm crushed. You mean it wasn't already there?"

"Good night, Mulder. Eat some Tic Tacs and think of me. Pleasant dreams," offered Krycek, and then he was gone.

Mulder smiled and answered the emptiness, "No doubt about that, Alex, but now I'm sure I'm insane. It's not really as bad as they make it out to be."

Then he took Alex's advice. And they were, indeed, very pleasant dreams.

xx

Part V

jb7811@bellsouth.net

Spoilers: Takes place in Season 6, but all Alex Eps are fair game.
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: The boys and their universe belong to CC, 1013, Fox, etc. I borrow them for love not money, and I get nothing in return except a cheap thrill and maybe some feedback . ;-) jb7811@bellsouth.net
Thanks & hugs to Sue and Donna for being the fastest betas in the west—and making this a much more readable story. (Changes were made so any mistakes are clearly mine.)
Thanks & hugs to Te for many excellent ideas, some of which actually made it into this piece. To everyone who sent suggestions: Thank you and have patience, I'll try to get to them all eventually. Big hugs & kisses to Nicole for getting me here to Nick-Fixx—Y'all are awesome!
Note: This takes up directly after "Scratch 'n Sniff"

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]