RATales Archive

One Last Time

by Jennifer Cuzzo


Title: One Last Time
Author: Jennifer Cuzzo
E-mail: JCuzzo3442@a...
Category: Scully/Krycek
Rating: NC-17
Summary: What happens when you can't be with someone because of what they do and what they have done in the past but you still see and want that person?
Spoilers: Sixth Extinction Part II, Biogenisis, slight FTF, slight Tunguska, Terma, slight The Blessing Way, and slight Beyond The Sea Keywords: None
Disclaimer: Alex Krycek, Dana Scully, Fox Mulder, Kritschgau, etc., all belong to CC and FOX. Pinky And The Brain belong to Warner Bros. and Steven Speilberg.
Author's Notes: This is the last fanfic of the series, What A Night and Our Little Secret. Our Little Secret was supposed to be the sequel but I have decided to add another story to the whole series


Sneaking into Kritschgau's apartment was probably one of the stupidest things I have ever done, she thought grimly as she closed the door and started walking around. To her luck, Kritschgau wasn't there so she had some time to sort through his things. She knew she had to find something that would help her figure out what happened to Mulder and save him. As she turned on her flashlight, Scully caught a glimpse of his laptop and went over to it, turning it on and reaching into her pocket for the computer disk she brought with. Shoving the disk in, she clicked on download to disk A and waited patiently. When the download was close to finishing; she heard the thudding of footsteps and she glanced frantically at the screen, wishing it would hurry up. The footsteps stopped in front of the door and she heard the jingle sound of keys. At least it's not a robber. Scully glanced quickly around the apartment, looking for a place for her to hide since she was too late to leave through the door. So after the download finished, she ejected the disk, stuffed it into her pocket and turned off the laptop, and hid in the hall closet, closing it just when the front door opened.

Kritschgau walked in, turned on the lights, and closed the door behind himself. He took his coat off and put over a chair as he walked over to a table where his laptop was and turned it on. While it loaded up, he went into the kitchen to go make himself something to eat.

Scully sat in the closet, watching Kritschgau walk into the kitchen and decided that now would be the best time to break for the door. She slowly opened the closet door and got out quietly, trying to not make any noticeable sounds. She was halfway to the door when she saw the doorknob twist. Oh no! Scully rushed back to the closet and closed it with amazing speed.

The door opened and a shadowed figure walked in, wearing a beard and a wig. The figure closed the door quietly and took out a gun from a pocket. He heard sounds in the kitchen and leaned against a wall, aiming his gun and waiting.

He came out, wiping his hands with a dishtowel and started to walk over to his laptop. Kritschgau never made it to the table. He was shot in the head by the shadowed figure who had been waiting for him.

Scully's eyes widened as she saw Kritschgau fall to the floor, dead from a gunshot wound to the head. What the hell is going on?, she thought, scared to death. She watched the shadowed figure walk towards Kritschgau and saw him kicking him slightly, as to make sure he was dead. She then saw the figure take out a pack of matches, collect the files that were on the table and start a fire. Who the hell is this?

After setting the fire, the man took off his wig and beard, tossing it into the fire. He stuffed his gun into his pocket, unhooked the laptop, and headed for the door.

As the man walked past the closet, Scully immediately recognized who it was.

"Krycek..," she whispered.

He stopped at the sudden sound and turned towards the closet, wondering who just said his name. Krycek reached for the closet door, started to open it when he felt tug on it, trying to keep it closed. What the fuck? With a strong heave, the closet door opened and he grabbed a fistful of clothing and pulled the person out.

"Damn it, Scully. What are you doing here?," he demanded angrily.

"I was just about to ask you the same question." She said, ripping his hand off her jacket.

He glared at her for a moment, then remembered that he was going to leave. Take her with or leave her here. Decisions Decisions Decisions.

"Let's go," Krycek said, placing a hand on her back and starting to usher her out.

"Where are we going?" She looked at him, trying to look angry when she was really excited in seeing him again.

He was silent as they walked out of Kritschgau's apartment. Krycek closed the door and started walking down the hallway. She followed him and walked a little faster so they were walking side by side.

"Alex?"

"Hmm?"

"Where are we going?"

She looked at him, catching a tiny glimpse of faded teeth marks on his neck. Her mind was flooded with the memory of how those marks were made. Scully felt her body get warm with the memory and she smiled to herself.

He had started to talk but when he looked over at her, all flushing and smiling, he stopped talking and started wondering why she was smiling.

"What are you smiling about, Dana?" He asked, starting to smile himself. Are you remembering what we've done together? Do you remember what I taste like? I remember your sweet taste. Roses and strawberries. Baby, when I think of you and your taste, my blood turns into fire and all I can think of is how much I need to have you.

"I was thinking about how I gave you those teeth marks on your neck," she admitted, blushing.

He smiled wider. "That night hasn't left my mind."

"It hasn't left mine either. I also remember the first night. Still have nail marks on your shoulders?" Scully asked, grinning deviously.

"Those went away, darling."

She caught the use of a pet name and felt her heart begin to pound faster than usual. "Well, we'll just have to make more, won't we?"

The hand on her back slid down to her ass and squeezed gently. "Yes we will."

Scully gasped slightly and heard him laugh softly. On the end of the hallway was an elevator. They went into the elevator, and with his other hand, Krycek pushed number 1. As the doors closed, she noticed how he was pushing her against the wall and bringing his mouth down on hers. They kissed for a while. Suddenly, she felt his hand move away from her behind and felt him unzip her jacket and reach inside to cup a breast.

Scully pulled away slowly from their sweet kiss and looked into his eyes, which were now black with desire.

"Alex, stop."

Not having her mouth to kiss, he started kissing her neck.

Scully closed his face between both of her hands and shook him a little, trying to get his attention.

Finally, his eyes met hers. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Alex, I really don't want to have a potential important sexual encounter in an elevator," she explained, sounding uncomfortable.

He smiled slowly, devilishly. "But this wall looks so sturdy. Why let it go to waste."

The elevator door opened and she took his hand. "Let's get out of here."

He let her drag him out of the elevator and out of the building.

"Where should we go?" He asked, grinning at her.

"My place."

"All right."

She led them to her car, unlocked it, and got in. He got in on the passenger side and she drove to her apartment, going way over the speed limit.

Getting to her apartment, she was about to get out but he kissed her. It was only supposed to be one short kiss and then they would go inside but when their lips met, the desire in them exploded and they were tugging at each other's clothes. Scully reached over and unzipped his jeans. He reached for the zipper of her jeans but she moved away from his hand.

"Dana, we can go inside if you still feel uncomfortable."

She shook her head and cupped him in her palm. Then, a little awkwardly but determined to continue, she leaned down and licked the length of him. Krycek braced himself against the car door, closing his eyes and thinking he had seen aliens land in the street.

At DC General, Mulder stared at the TV on the wall. He was so drugged up that he was believing that Pinky And The Brain were planning to take over the world by having Jimmy Carter sign some contract. Oh god, Scully, we need to stop Pinky And The Brain. Where is Scully, anyway? Did Pinky already abduct her? His thoughts ended when the nurse put some more anesthetic in his IV to let him rest.

Krycek lay in bed with Scully, thinking about what had happened an hour ago. They had gone up to her apartment to continue what they had started in the car. He had taken her to her bedroom where they stripped each other and made hot, passionate love. He looked over at her, sound asleep, and smiled. I must have been crazy to think I could ever not be with this woman again. If I found out that I had to stop seeing her, I'd tell whomever to fuck off because there is nothing that could make me stop being with Dana Scully, he thought with a satisfied grin. His finger gently traced her lips. Just thinking about having these lips on him made him realize he was the luckiest man on earth. Krycek knew that there weren't many women who would want to be with someone like him. Even though she knows what I did in the past, she still wants to be with me.

He watched her stir in her sleep and felt a smile curl his lips in anticipation of her waking up.

Scully woke up and saw him smiling at her. I think the question here is what is he smiling about and what did he break?

"Hey beautiful," he murmured sweetly.

"Alex, what did you break?," she asked, looking around the room, in search of any signs of destruction.

He frowned, looking confused by her question. "What are you talking about?"

She sighed and started to explain in her doctor voice. "When I woke up, I saw you smiling like well..like uh..a little boy who was told he could have only one cookie but ended up eating all the cookies."

Krycek laughed and smiled again. "What am I going to do with you? I was smiling because I was happy were waking up. I'm innocent on breaking stuff in your apartment."

She grinned and kissed him softly. "So did you sleep well?"

He nodded and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close to him. "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully. You were in my dream."

"Really?," Krycek asked, wondering what kind of dreams she had.

"Yup."

"Wanna tell me about it?," he asked in his husky whisper.

She told him about the dream. About how he was standing in a dark hallway, staring at her. It was the same dream she had had last month. Him waiting for her to make the decision of being with him or rejecting him. But she didn't make the decision. She just stood there, looking at him.

He muttered. "Some dream."

"Yeah I know."

She curled up against him and rested her head on his chest.

"I think I may have a new job for you," she whispered against his chest and gently licked a nipple.

He shivered slightly. "What kind of job?"

"My pillow and blanket of course." She blew softly on the nipple she just licked.

Krycek laughed and trembled slightly. "Sounds like a good job. Am I hired?"

"You've done very well so far so yes, you are now my pillow and blanket." She looked at him and grinned happily.

"I'm a hired thug in the day and at night, I'm a blanket and pillow for Dana Scully. Life couldn't be better," he said with a grin.

"Hired thug," she repeated and started laughing.

He caught her face with one of his hands and brought it towards his, looking into her eyes. She looked at him, also looking the dark green pools of his eyes. What she saw in his eyes made her breath catch in her throat. Desire and an emotion that seemed so shocking coming from him. Love. He couldn't be in love with me, could he? He took her mouth in a passionate kiss, letting his tongue slide into her mouth to caress hers. Her arms went around his waist and pulled her body against his, feeling the muscles on his chest press into her. He moaned slightly and pulled away slowly from their delicious kiss, sliding his hand from her cheek down the nape of her neck, letting his fingertip touch her collarbone and slide down to caress a rosy-red nipple. His other hand reached and cupped her other breast. His eyes sought out hers and saw her eyes becoming as dark as his with passion. She smiled softly at him and gasped as his tongue found its way to her left breast. Scully's fingers bit into his shoulders when he began to suck.

Suddenly, without warning, she pulled him up and kissed him hard, acting like if she did not kiss him, she'd die. What has he done to me? I've never been so vulnerable before.

"Alex, oh god, I need you," Scully whispered, sounding desperate and starting to tremble as passion continued to flood her mind and body.

His gaze roamed across her body, drinking in the sight of her as if after the day was over, he'll never see her again.

"Then you shall have me." Krycek muttered in a husky tone.

She trembled and smiled, feeling her heart pound in her breast.

He moved so he was lying on his back and waited for her. She saw what he was getting at and straddled his hips. With his middle finger, Krycek started to gently caress her clit. She raised up her hand and let a throaty moan. He continued to stroke and watch her become more and more crazy with desire. She's so beautiful. I'll remember her like this for eternity.

Scully moaned loudly and pushed his hand away and looked into his eyes, letting him know she was ready. Trying not to slip, she slowly eased herself on him, gasping slightly at the stretching sensation. Will I ever get used to that? She looked down at him to see his eyes widen when he felt himself completely inside of her. He shouldn't be allowed to look so beautiful and so sexy. It's starting to turn me off to other men and make me only want to be with him, she thought with a grin. Scully felt his hips pressing against hers and she moaned loudly. She turned off her thoughts and started pushing against his hips, feeling wonderful waves of pleasure fly through her body, tilting her head up to the sky. Krycek watched her through narrowed eyelids and started thrusting up faster inside her, desperately needing the feeling that accompanied release. He pressed his fingers into her hips, holding her as he moved frantically. She let out an endless moan as she came and felt him explode inside of her, moaning.

She collapsed onto his chest, breathing rapidly and thoroughly exhausted. She felt his arms wrap themselves around her and hold her close. Scully looked up from his chest to see him grinning at her. I have given you what you've always wanted, Dana. She reached over and kissed him gently.

"Get some sleep, Dana. You look tired." He grinned smugly, knowing exactly why she looked tired.

She laughed slightly and rested her head back on his chest. "You get some sleep too, Alex."

"I'm about to," he said, yawning and stroking her messed up hair.

She didn't hear him because she was sound asleep. After she fell asleep, he slid out of the bed and put on his clothes and got his shoes on. I can't say goodbye to her yet. There are a few things I need to do. He walked out of Scully's apartment and went to go see Mulder at the hospital.

At the hospital, Krycek walked into Mulder's room and saw him laying in his bed, unconscious. I hope I know what I'm doing. He went over to the bed, pulling out a little container with a dark liquid and a syringe. Extracting the right amount into the syringe, he picked up the IV, shoved the needle inside, and pushed in the nozzle, watching the liquid swim through the IV and into Mulder's veins. Krycek tossed the used syringe into the wastebasket and stood back as he watched Mulder's eyes shoot open.

Mulder stared into space for a few moments, trying to remember where he was, and looked over to see Krycek staring back at him.

"You...what the hell are you doing here, Krycek?," he said, sounding angry.

"Saving your life. Then again, it should be the other way around."

"What are you talking about?" Mulder demanded, glaring at Krycek.

"I should be ending your life but consider yourself lucky," Krycek mumbled and walked out of the room.

Scully woke up to find Krycek not in bed with her anymore.

"Alex?" She called out but didn't get an answer.

He ditched me again! Why do men *always* ditch me! After voicing her thoughts, she decided to go see how Mulder was doing at the hospital. Getting dressed, she found an envelope addressed to her from Krycek, but since she didn't have time to open it, she stuffed it into her pocket and went to the hospital.

Mulder couldn't believe how good he felt. He hadn't felt this good since before he started hearing voices in his head. Whatever Krycek did, it worked. Better thank him sometime and then I kill him, he grinned slightly at his thought.

"Mulder? You're awake." Scully said, sounding happy.

Mulder turned to see Scully in the doorway, smiling at him.

"So Pinky And The Brain didn't abduct you. Thank god."

Scully looked at him, confused. "Uhh..yeah. How long have you been awake?"

"Not long. I think Krycek helped me, Scully. Weird huh?"

"What did you say about Krycek?," she asked him, a little shocked to hear that Krycek actually did something nice for Mulder. Too bad I wasn't around to see that happen.

"I said: Krycek helped me. He was in the room when I woke up. He said that I should consider myself lucky for not being dead. What a bastard."

"Yeah. Get some rest, Mulder. I'm gonna go talk to your doctor, ok?"

Mulder smiled at her. "Sure, Scully. Nice to see you again by the way."

"Nice to see you too, Mulder." She grinned and left the room.

Krycek was sitting in one of the waiting room chairs when he felt someone's presence next to him. He looked over and saw Well-Manicured Man sitting down next to him.

"What's troubling you, Alex?"

"I don't want to leave her yet. I want to stay with her for the rest of my life," he admitted, looking hopeful.

"Alex, you know you can't. You were sent back to do a job and you did it. Now go say your good-byes because we have to go back," he said, feeling bad for Krycek but not being able to do anything about it.

He sighed and nodded slowly, wishing everything was different. "You're right. I'll go say goodbye to her."

WMM put one of his hands on Krycek's shoulder, squeezing slightly. "I know this is hard for you. But when it's all over, you'll be able to have a clear conscience and a good rest."

Krycek smiled faintly at the old man and got up. "Here goes nothing."

Scully walked down the hallway, looking for Krycek. Mulder said he saw him in his room. That would mean he is still in the hospital, right? Turning down another hallway, she saw Krycek walking towards her.

"Alex, what are you doing here? And why were you in Mulder's room?"

Reaching her, he took her hand and led her into an isolated area of the hospital.

"Alex? You didn't answer my questions."

"I came here because I had to help Mulder with his illness," he explained to her.

"Oh," she said, looking dumbfounded.

Krycek looked into her eyes. "Dana, there's something I need to say you."

"What is it, Alex?" She met his eyes and wondered what was wrong.

Holding her hand, he looked down at it and traced her love and life lines. "I have to leave you and I don't think I will be seeing you again," he said with sad certainty in his voice.

"What do you mean you won't be seeing me again?"

"I mean I have to go away and I won't be coming back. Ever." He wished there was some way of telling her this so she would understand.

"Ever?" She said, sounding a little scared by what he was saying to her.

He nodded slowly and looked at her, seeing sadness flood her eyes. Krycek leaned down a little and kissed her softly, wishing they could stay like this for all time. But we can't. She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him back with all her sadness.

Well Manicured Man came up behind him, needing to tell him it was time to go. He turned his back on them, letting them have their last moment in privacy.

Feeling his soul being tugged away, he pulled away from their kiss. "I love you. Goodbye, Dana." With this, he pulled himself out of her grasp and started to walk away, holding onto her hand.

"Don't go. Please," she said, starting to cry.

They held onto each other's hand for what seemed like an eternity but was only a few seconds. Finally, he let go and kept his gaze on her. WMM came up to Krycek, put his hand on his shoulder and started to walk with him to the glowing light that was standing ahead of them. Scully looked at the light and her eyes widened. She looked back at Krycek and saw him staring back at her, walking closer to the light. Slowly, he looked away from her as him and WMM drifted off into the light, like figments of someone's imagination.

After she saw Mulder one more time, Scully went home and collapsed her couch, crying her eyes out. Watching Krycek disappear made her so confused. Lying on the couch, she felt something press into her ribs. She reached into her pocket and took out the envelope he left for her. Alex's letter. Maybe there's something in there that will explain what happened to him. She sat up and ripped open the envelope and took out the letter, and began to read it.

"Dana,

If you are reading this, then I have already gone back. Let me explain. Ok, remember in late 1996 with the diplomatic pouch? And then Mulder and I went to Russia, remember? Anyway, during the night in the forest, I was attacked by 'forest' men who pinned me down and started to cut off my left arm. During the whole thing, I managed to pass out. Only problem is that I never woke up. What I'm trying to say here is somewhere during when I passed out, I died. I have been dead for four years. I know it's a scary thought and I really wish I could tell you this in a better way but writing you seemed better because I am able to tell you everything. There is something else I want to tell you. In about nine months, you will give birth to a boy or a girl. My job was to give you back what you've always wanted. A child. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate the birth of our child but I got it started for you. And it was the best 'starting' of a child I've ever had. Speaking of that, you gave me new nail marks on my shoulders. I wish I could hold you one last time. I will always remember the way you taste and smell. Cinnamon, roses, and strawberries. I wish I could see you smile and talk once more.

I have never loved anyone as much as I loved you. I better go. Have to go save Mulder. Why me, huh?

Well, goodbye, krassavitsa. I miss you already.

Love,

Alex Krycek

P.S. Krassavitsa means beautiful woman.

P.S.S. Missy and your father wanted me to say hello to you for them and your mom and they love you both and miss you so very much."

She clutched the note to her chest and started wailing, desperately wishing he was there to hold her. But he never would be there. Ever. I loved you, Alex. I realized I loved you after the last time we made love. I just didn't tell you because I thought we would more time together but we don't. Oh god, Alex, I miss you so much. Why did you have to be a ghost?

Some time later, she dried her tears and slid the letter back into the envelope, making sure she kept it forever. After doing all that, Scully went onto her computer and went online. She went to a search engine and typed in 'obituaries of 1996.' She scrolled through A's, B's, C's, and so on until she reached the K's. Scrolling down slowly, she reached 'Kr.' Her jaw dropped when she reached 'Krycek, Aleksei, Vasily.' His body had been found in a forest in Tunguska the next day, she thought grimly. His left arm had been missing from his body and it wasn't near the corpse. Oh my god. What a horrible way to die. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she read the autopsy report. Alex..why didn't you tell me before? Clicking out of the website, she signed off and picked up the letter. Scully turned off all the lights in her apartment and went into her room, deciding that a good nap would help her. So, she got into bed, placing the envelope on her nightstand and laid down. As she as her face hit her pillow, she smelled Krycek. Oh god, I still smell him. She took the pillow he had slept on and laid down on it, needing the smell of him like she needed to breathe. Getting a whiff of his natural smell, she started crying again and ended up crying herself to sleep.

***

Nine Months Later

After six hours of grueling labor, Scully gave birth. She lay in her hospital bed, enjoying the wonderful feeling of not being in pain anymore. She never knew giving birth would be so painful. But it was worth it, smiling to herself. She had carried Krycek's baby for 9 mos. and she couldn't wait to see what he or she looked like. The nine months had been hard on her. Losing Krycek was the worst part of it all. After she woke up from her nap, she decided to go visit his grave. Luckily, it was in a cemetery in DC. She remembered placing roses on the grave.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw her door opened. Finally, I get to see my baby. She heard someone talking to the baby and it sounded like a man's voice. Deep and slightly husky. She was too excited about seeing her baby to recognize the voice of the person holding her baby. Her jaw dropped and she nearly fainted when she saw the person holding her baby.

"Hello Dana," the man with the husky voice said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh my god," she exclaimed, starting to cry but smiling at the same time. She couldn't move or breathe. All she could do was stare at the man holding her baby.

He looked down at the baby and grinned. "She looks like her mother and father."

Scully looked at the baby. "It's a she? I had a girl?"

The man nodded and walked over to her, looking into her eyes.

She looked right back at him and grinned, wanting to get up and hold him but she still couldn't move from her bed.

Placing the baby girl in the middle of the bed, he wrapped his arms around Scully and hugged her tight, never wanting to let go. "Dana, I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you so much too, Alex." She pulled away a little from their hug so she could look at him. "I can't believe you came back. You actually came back." She hugged him once more and cried on his shoulder.

"And the best part is that I got another chance."

She looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm alive. I'm not dead anymore. I got another chance to live my life and I want to live it with you and our daughter," he said, sounding so happy.

Scully reached up and kissed him, needing it. Krycek kissed her back, still holding onto her. "I'm so glad you're back, Alex. I never got to tell you this but..-"

He pressed his mouth against hers in a sweet kiss. Reluctantly, he pulled away. "I know and I love you too. I heard you nine months ago."

She grinned happily at him and looked over at their daughter, who was fast asleep on the blanket. "You were right. She does look like her mother and father."

"Probably be so very beautiful when she grows up. Like her mother."

Scully grinned at him and kissed his cheek. She looked up and down at him, noticing his black boots, black jeans and off white sweater. "You look good."

He laughed softly. "You look good too. Even in a hospital gown," he added smugly. Scully blushed slightly and slid one of her arms around his waist, feeling so very happy.

She had gotten what she wished for. A baby and the man she loved.

The End