RATales Archive

The Morning After

by Liz K.


Please send some feedback. Have I improved as an author?

Disclaimer: I don't own Alex Krycek; Fox, 1013, & CC do. I'm just borrowing. Juniper breeze is a scent made by bath & body works. don't sue!

A Sequel to Sexei Alexei


My name is Elizabeth Woodhouse. I am 28 years old, and I'm usually a very rational person. I work for the local US Attourney's office; I've worked there for 3 years and expect to be working there for a long while to come. I stand a miserably short 5 feet 1 inches tall. Out of a matter of convenience, and not a matter of style, I wear my medium length brown hair in a braid tied with a sing black hairband. I live in skirt suits and comfy black heels. My nails are always kept short and neatly filed. I myself paint them in a pale shade of pink that you can never go wrong with. My blue-grey eyes are no longer hidden by the glasses that plagued me through high school; I now have contacts. I gave up dating back when I started working crazy schedules. I'm one of those people you'll find quietly pouring over a law book at a local college library. I wouldn't have believed that I'd be waking up this morning with a strange man in my bed.

I am immensely relived that I asked for the day off. I could never have managed to concentrate on my work until I got to know this mysterious man. He looked incredibly peaceful in his boxers and T-shirt, and I decided to let him wake up on his own.

I walked in to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I adjusted the heat to a level of warth just to my liking, scalding water does not agree with me. I quickly suds myself up my enchanting Juniper Breeze shower gel. I picked up my bottle of almond scented shampoo and breather in the rich aroma. I washed out my hair only to put on Pantene conditioner a momment later. Once all the goop was out of my hair, I stepped out into my room & got dressed.

Today was going to be a lazy day, and I opened my dresser and put on some underwear (nothing lacy), a grey T-shirt, and my flannel pajamas. I put on my bear paw slippers and set out to make breakfast.

Alas, I was side-tracked. I sat down on my bed and took down every part of him to commit to memory. This man, whom I had so dubbed Sexy Alexei, had dark brown (or is it black) hair, the likes of which I've never seen before. His long dark lashes were a work of art; my lashes never looked so good with all the mascara and eye lash curlers I'd ever used. His eyes were closed, but it's impossible to forget their beautiful, piercing green color. He had an amazing complexion too. The whole package was visualing stunning, and it was mindboggling to think that is here with me.

I suppose my staring pecked into his unconscious, for he woke up at that moment. Startled, I jumped a little. I regained my self-contorl and exclaimed, "Good morning!"

"Mmm, what time is it?" was the husky sounding reply I received.

"It's nearly 10:30. Do you need to be somewhere?"

"Hell no. Even if I did, I'd rather blow them off and get to know you. I've never done that whole staying over without knowing a person before, and it alarms me that I did."

"I know. I feel the same way. Let's get acquainted with each other. I'll start. I am Elizabeth Woodhouse, I hope you remembered that, and I'm 28 years old. I work at the US Attourney's office." I pause because he looks somewhat nervous at this information.

"Do you know any FBI agents by the names of Mulder and Scully?"

"No, why?"

"I'll explain in a bit. Continue."

"I went to the University of Pennsylvania, both for my Bachelor's and JD degree. I grew up all over the world because my dad worked for the US State Department. I'm single. Oh, and I have a cat named Miss Kitty."

"A cat, eh? My co-workers call me a rat. But don't worry, I'm sure I'll get along fine with your cat."

"So Sexy Alexei, it's your turn."

"Well, I too, work for the State Department. I was just assigned here, so I'll be here for a while."

What good luck! I won't have to part with you anytime soon."

"Well, here's the deal, I do some highly classified work. I can't tell you what it is, and you can never admit that you know me."

"I'm sure I can handle that. My father was friends with some CIA officers, so I know a bit about procedure."

"Thank God, I can trust you," he says to me. "I find it hard to trust people, and I think people find it hard to trust me."

"Well you seem trustworthy to me. Anyway, I won't question you about your work. I can't devulge information from my cases either. This all feels like the movie 'Charade.' You're certainly suave and handsome enough to be Cary Grant. You know Alex was one of his character's aliases."

"Yes, I remember. I love old movies. Sheesh, I haven't seen that one in a while."

"Well, maybe after breakfast we can watch. I own the movie."

"Fantastic. It's great to share this other side of myself with someone."

"Well, now that that's set, lets walk into the kitchen so I can fix you some breakfast. Is Italian toast and eggs ok?"

"I've never had Italian toast before, but it sounds fine to me."

"Good because I'm not a gourmet. So other than Charade, got any favorite movies?"
"Yes, 'Jurassic Park' and the 'Indiana Jones' series. I also like heroes with bad ass 'tudes. Like 'Ar-nold.' On the serious side, I love 'Bang the Drums Slowly.'"

"Wow, all those are great movies. I love classics like 'Casablanca.' I love anything with Cary Grant. My favorite contemporary films would have to be 'Good Will Hunting' and 'Emma. 'Speaking of Emma, what are your favorite books?"

"I find 'Extraordinary Powers' is a wonderful book."

"I've never heard of it. I'll have to look for it sometime. I like mysteries, espially those by Patricia Cornwell. I also can't get enough Jane Austen. 'Emma' is probably my favorite, although I like 'Pride & Prejudice' too."

"Very interesting."

"Well, your toast is ready. Your eggs will be there in a sec."

"You are a very fascinating person. I'd like to continue this conversation, but the toast and eggs are taunting me."

"Go ahead, here are your eggs."

"Sunny side up, just the way I like them. And unlike me, you didn't break the eggs in the process of shifting it from the pan to my plate."

"Here's a glass and some OJ. Bon Appetite."

He's already got a big mouthful of toast in his mouth, and his smile shows pure delight. I take my seat acrosss the table, and I start in on my food. I feel I know tons more about the man staring at me across my table. I also know where to start in a way to understand him better; I made a metal note to go pick up 'Extraordianry Powers' this afternoon. It comforts me that he's no longer a complete stranger. It seemingly comforts him to know me better too because he looks far calmer than he did when he woke up. This was most definately the best decision I've made in my life, and I know that cuddling up next to him on the coach will be pure pleasure.