The Adventures of Benton and Ray
by NovaD
Last Updated 1/24/2005

Why Due South?
This was not a fandom I had planned to write. Frankly, it wasn’t a fandom I planned to read. I’ve always loved the show, but frankly couldn’t see the slash in the Fraser/Veccio pairing. But then I read some lovely Fraser/Kowalski stories and was hooked. But as lovely as those stories are, I lamented not seeing the wonderfully absurd humor that was a hallmark of the series. I mean, they used a fire extinguisher as a rocket pack, for goodness sake. Thus, I became intrigued with the notion of trying to capture the humor of Due South as well as the voices of Ray Kowalski and Benton Fraser. The result is a series that is silly with a vengeance. It’s also very sexy.

Why Mazeppa?
NovaD began as a pseudonym for writing I considered non-literary. I’ve grown up since then about my views of what literature is. However, I do understand why writers take on pseudonyms for writing that is different from their norm. Anne Rice and her pseudonym comes to mind. With me, NovaD means bdsm. Even though I have done stories in my most well known series that were not bdsm, that’s where I’m pigeon holed. So, for this series, I decided to try on a new handle and see what happened. Mazeppa is one of my favorite film characters. She’s a stripper in the musical Gypsy (see the Natalie Wood version) and has a voice like a pack a day truck driver. I love her. And since she is great fun, she represented what I wanted from this series.

Enjoy!

 

What's New
1/24/2005 Well. Everything, actually.

1. Perils
2. Perils of Canasta
3. Perils of the Midnight Sun
4. Perils of the Mad Trapper
5. Perils of Burning Ice
6. Perils of the Bride-a-saurus

Due South including the characters of Benton Fraser and Ray Kowalski belong to Alliance Atlantis. No money is being made from these stories. No infringement is intended. These stories are not to be reprinted for profit.

NovaD.org text page
Due South main site
Contact NovaD