by NovaD
 
 
 
Chapter Eighteen:
Over the Rainbow

 
 

This time Blair was stumped. He didn't know what kind of approaching danger was being reflected in Jim's actions. He wasn't even sure that he had a problem with it -- at least not at that moment. It was as intriguing as it was scary. But his Sentinel was having a problem and soon, Blair was certain, the Guide would as well.

The first time this behavior manifested itself, Blair had been enjoying the newly installed digital cable. They'd gotten this amazing deal on premium channels, because Blair also hooked up his computer with a cable modem. At the time, Blair hadn't thought he'd look at anything more than Discover Science or BBC America. But he had found himself immediately addicted to HBO programming. He adored The Sopranos and even had a guilty love of Sex and the City. But his real favorite was Up Your Ante .

He had been enjoying the admittedly mindless game show when Jim arrived home from having dinner with Steven.

"Hey Babe," He had said without taking his eyes off Gordon Elliot. "How'd things go?"

The next thing he knew, Blair was off the couch being held by the front of his shirt. He had been about to give Jim what-for over the apeman treatment, but something about his lover's eyes silenced him. They were the Sentinel's pale as a summer sky blue yes, but their expression was nothing that Blair had ever seen before. It was as though Jim wasn't at home in his body anymore and whoever was present was considering him like he was a very tasty meal.

"Jim?"

Without a single word, Jim began manhandling Blair toward the stairs to the loft. All attempts to remain calm left the Guide. His Jim wasn't hearing him. And what was worse was this Jim wasn't reacting to his elevated heart rate and near panicked breathing. Blair sensed that if he fought in any way, this Jim would break him in half to get what he wanted. By the time they reached the top of the steps, Blair had stopped struggling. He didn't resist when his head was pulled back firmly. Jim covered his mouth with his and pushed his tongue inside. The kiss was raw and erotic, but it was not Jim's. Even as the hot wetness of it curled his toes and made him hard, Blair knew the difference.

Jim tore his mouth away before Blair blacked out from lack of air to set about pulling his clothing off. He was undressed quickly and awkwardly. There was a distinct feeling of urgency like they may be dragged apart at any moment. Blair was pushed face down onto the bed.. In a desperate bid to keep from being ripped apart, the Guide fumbled for the tiny tube of lube hidden under his pillow.

He turned on the then naked Jim while warming the lube between his palms. To his relief, Jim allowed him to coat that very hard, hot member enough to save his ass from rendering before his was on his stomach again. Blair wasn't put on his knees which surprised him. His hips were canted upward slightly before his cheeks were spread. It took tremendous control on Blair's part to relax enough against that insistent push for entrance. Once breeched, it was easy to push back onto Jim's erection making the man groan and start thrusting. The bigger man covered him holding him close almost like they were wrestling. When Blair moaned in pleasure over Jim's skillful manipulation of his erection, he was surprised to have his mouth covered with the Sentinel's free hand.

"Sshhh, they'll hear..." he whispered urgently.

"Who'll hear?" Blair wondered. It wasn't like they'd never screamed to the rafters with the windows open. But then Jim hit that spot that made his eyes cross and he didn't care about being silenced or who Jim was at that moment. All he could think about was the blinding orgasm that was ripping through him.

Blair knew his Jim had returned when he heard a gasp against his back then felt his arms tightening in a fierce embrace.

"It's okay it's okay" Blair soothed. "I'm fine. I'm better than fine, man. That was amazing"

"You're lying," Jim replied in quiet despair. "You were scared to death. I could feel it and smell it, but I still couldn't stop myself."

"Examine me," Blair offered. "Check me from stem to stern. I'm perfectly okay."

Of course, that's exactly what Jim did. His examination was so intimate that Blair felt himself getting aroused all over again. But Jim was not in a mood to take his Guide. Instead, Blair found himself snuggled firmly against that beloved chest with gentle fingers massaging his scalp.

"What were you feeling?" Blair asked after a long while. He knew that Jim had calmed into a much more lucid state.

"This incredible need to fuck you," he replied. "And that's the word, Chief. I didn't want to make love; I wanted to fuck you. And I felt this incredible fear that you'd reject me and that there wasn't time to seduce you. It had to be then and it had to be done quickly. It's so confusing"

"Why?"

"I would have hurt you if you fought me," he said with certainty. "Thank God you knew not to fight me."

"I'd never fight a chance at you going after me like that, man."

Jim kissed the top his head. "It was so strange. There was a strong emotional attachment somewhere in all that blind aggression."

"Okay," Blair said. That blew his theory about Jim reflecting a rapist out of the water. There would be no emotional attachment unless the victim knew the assailant. He was too tired and too buzzed to sort things out just then.

"What are we going to do?" Jim asked. His voice was very small. Blair hugged him close.

"We're going to figure this out," Blair replied with confidence. "Let's just sleep on it. Tomorrow, things may look clearer."

While Blair wasn't certain that was true, he did have a plan forming in the back of his mind. If there was a way to exhaust Jim sexually that wouldn't kill him in the process, they may be able to actually investigate some leads. He decided that he needed some very unique assistance.
 
 

The next morning, Blair found Genevieve at home when he called. He had sent Jim on an errand to find an obscure bran muffin for breakfast so that he could talk candidly to the Mistress. She already knew about Jim's manifestations of perps from the case that brought Special Agent Nelson to Cascade. She had been delighted with Jim as a bath slave. This latest development alarmed her. They were invited over immediately.

This solution seemed to surprise Jim, but he didn't object to it. The manifestation was very clearly sexual, and Genevieve was an expert on almost all things sexual. Besides, he pointed out with a very Jim-like grin; they had not been in session with her for quite a while. Blair had been relieved to see that grin. Perhaps it would be delightfully simple to sexually exhaust the Sentinel so they could focus on the reason for his behavior.

Blair went into the townhouse first to chat with the Mistress while Jim parked the truck. The diminutive beauty hugged him closely as soon as he stepped inside.

"Blair! Beautiful as always," she murmured in his ear. "And what a delightful problem you bring to me. This is the sort of thing that I have fantasized about."

"I hope you still feel that way when you experience it," Blair replied ruefully. "He was more than a handful last night, and together we barely have ten pounds on him."

"You exaggerate, pet."

"Maybe, but I swear he was a lot bigger in any number of ways when he was in that state of mind," Blair said.

They both looked up with a start when the front door closed with more noise than expected. Jim was walking toward them then. Blair swallowed hard. That look was back. Genevieve gasped.

"His w-walk is even different," she whispered. "His walk is more like like oh, dear lord!"

Genevieve stood and stared Jim down. Then she squared her shoulders. At that point Blair had seen the Mistress in about a dozen fights and dozens upon dozens of practice sessions. He still couldn't see her move. All he knew was that at one moment, Jim was advancing on them quite menacingly and the next, he had been crescent kicked and otherwise violently propelled through the townhouse until he was dazed on her large, four poster bed.

"Help me, Blair!" She shouted to him. "We don't have much time."

Blair was surprised that she shackled him first using the heaviest set he had ever seen her use. His pelvis was raised on a pair of pillows and his legs were shackled at a 45-degree angle to the bed. The Guide was suddenly less interested in who they were tangling with and much more in the possibilities of his lover's current position.

"What about his clothes?"

"We'll cut them off. He has enough spares here," she replied shortly. "We can't risk him coming around before he's secured. We wouldn't be able to handle him."

Blair complied hoping that Jim would understand about the near concussion and the rags that were once his favorite pair of khakis. Though once he was completely naked, Blair was certain that the clothes and the how of him getting there would hardly matter.

"Clothes off, pet," Genevieve murmured as she began to divest herself. "As soon as he moves, kiss him with everything you have."

"Well all righty then," Blair thought.

Jim shook his head with a groan a few moments later. Blair did as he had been instructed and sealed his lips over his lover's open mouth stealing his breath. There was no resistence in Jim. He responded with the same kind of raw intensity as the night before thrusting his tongue upward fucking Blair's mouth. That kiss had his full attention, thus he was almost unseated when Jim bucked off the bed. He dimly realized that Genevieve was sucking his erection.

The kiss was so hot that Blair knew he could come from that alone. He shifted his weight to pin down his lover and enjoy it. Jim stopped fighting and gave himself to them. Blair lost himself in that kiss feeling Jim's reactions to Genevieve's relentless mouth. Whatever was going on inside Jim's psyche, he could not fight once his body began to respond. He moaned against Blair's mouth. His body trembled beneath him. Then he cried out straining against Blair and his shackles.

When Blair lifted his lips from Jim's lax mouth, he expected to see Jim's expression in his beloved's eyes once again. He did not. He saw that the hunger was still there.

"You've got a sweet mouth," Jim murmured licking his lips. "Let me go and I'll return the favor to both of you."

"I like you like this, pet," Genevieve said. "You know that. We can get satisfaction from where you are."

The Mistress raised the head of the bed until he was nearly sitting up. "I have plans for your sweet mouth, Dear One. And the Beauty is going to have himself a really hard ride."

She tossed Blair a tube of lube as she straddled the Sentinel. While the Guide prepared himself then Jim, the Mistress settled her crotch over Jim's mouth. He moaned as did she at the first contact. Somehow, the woman maneuvered herself to recline on one of Jim's thighs so that he could see her pleasure and Blair's.

It was one hot tableau for the Guide and he was fueled at returning the pounding he'd received the night before. He pushed into Jim without much preparation other than lubing his own erection, but that seemed to suit his lover. Jim even managed to push back fractionally despite being so firmly secured. Blair didn't mind the work. He slammed into the Sentinel with wild abandon while nuzzling Genevieve's curls; stroking the newly formed erection from Jim and watching that blissful face at the head of the bed. And this dance went on and on each of them building on the moans and gasps of the other. The Mistress came first with a melodious cry. Jim came next. His own moans were muffled against Genevieve's sweetness. Blair shouted to the rafters as Jim clenched around him.

Blair didn't know how much time had passed. He had been dead on his feet without a functioning brain cell remaining. All he knew when his head cleared was that the trio lay in an inert heap on the bed and he was sated and sore and very certain that he couldn't get an erection if his life depended on it. He could only hope that his lover felt the same way.

"Blair Mistress?" Jim's quiet raw voice broke the stillness. "Are you both okay?"

"Cherie, I would be in heaven if I felt any better," Genevieve murmured. "Did I hurt you?"

Blair felt him shake his head. "Just my pride and that only a little bit."

"Is it safe to release you now?" She demanded.

He chuckled. "I'd need a crate of Viagra and a splint to be any threat at the moment."

Blair moved to release the shackles. He massaged Jim's wrists then his ankles. All that struggling and thrashing had left him bruised.

"Tell me what you were feeling?" He asked gently.

Jim paused and swallowed the water Genevieve offered. He put his forehead against hers for a moment while composing himself.

"He's intense and complex... the other times, I just felt impulses -- nothing else. With him, it's so much more. This time, it was like before amazing lust and desperation," Jim said. "I didn't want to hurt either of you. I knew I would get what I needed, but there's that element of time running out and there's more Mistress, even in this state, I knew you somehow, you were a part of this. He's coming to you as much as this other man"

"Other man?" Blair asked. "What other man?"

Jim leaned back on the pillow closing his eyes. "I don't know. I can't see a face or anything, but there is a hunger for a particular person and the Mistress."

Genevieve went very still then. Both Jim and Blair looked at her closely.

"You know who's coming," Jim said quietly.

She nodded. "I had hoped not, but it can't be anyone else."

Genevieve climbed out of bed and slid on her robe. She padded quickly from the room returning a few moments later with a newspaper, which she handed to Jim. Blair huddled close to look at the article.

"I read about him only this morning," she said. "I haven't thought about him in years."

The story was about yet another multiple convict escape. This time it was from a bus transferring convicts in Massachusetts. One of the inmates, Chris Keller, a convicted murderer and suspect in many more, walked away from the unguarded vehicle after five other convicts over powered the guards. He didn't remain with the other escapees and thus was the only one remaining at large.

Blair whistled. This raised so many questions for him that he didn't know where to begin. Jim has no such problem.

"Mistress, how would you know a man like this?" he asked incredulously.

"Darlings, you know what my clientele was like then. We didn't exactly exchange biographies," she said with a shrug. "It was an extremely unwise relationship, but even the best of us slip. I was at a very sad point in my life and he reminded me of someone who gave me a lot of pleasure. Oh, I'm going to need a little champagne for this maudlin tale."

Jim and Blair put on robes and hobbled out to the living room where Genevieve called for the wine and some snacks as well. Blair found himself staring at the newspaper photo. He was attractive with strong, angular features. The man's eyes held the same intense, feral expression that pinned Blair the night before.

"He had a build similar to yours," she sighed reaching out to tousle Jim's hair. "Even the same hairline. Of course, he was no substitute for you, dear Jim. There is such a sweetness to you. Chris was never willing to be really vulnerable to me. I never felt I knew him which was dangerous enough in session. But he was just so sexually voracious, I found it hard to resist his pull. But then, there was his aggressiveness. One night, I actually needed help to get him in the shackles. After that, I only wanted to do that to get away from him. A pity. I still think I could have tamed even the aggressiveness were it not for his intense shame."

"Shame?" Blair asked. He had trouble believing a man with those eyes could be ashamed of anything.

"I felt shame from this this whatever it is" Jim said quietly. "It's like he has resented everything that gave him the most pleasure."

"Yes. Chris had a carnal appetite that I've rarely seen even in the horniest of men. It just seemed to me that with every movement and gesture he was seducing. He just screamed of sex," Genevieve said wistfully. "But the more we enjoyed together, the more distant he became. I'd seen it in those brought up in strict religious homes. They have the appetites of the biggest sinner but can't abide by the sin itself. He'd come back, but he was harder to focus or control. I knew eventually that he would turn those feelings into violence and I didn't want it to be towards me."

"How did you part company?" Blair asked.

"Amicably," she replied. "He went off to conquer the underworld, I suppose. I returned to Paris. I can't even guess at why he would want to see me."

"But are we all certain that he does want to see you?" Blair asked. He really would rather Jim been wrong about this one.

The Sentinel was very solemn. "He's coming."

Genevieve rose from her chair to stand in front of the large windows that overlooked Cascade Park. She stared intently out at the gray winter day. "I don't want my home turned into police headquarters," she said resolutely. "With all that has happened to me here, it is enough of a fortress. I feel perfectly safe."

"I'm not sure how much Simon or the Chief will like that," Jim said. "Maybe we can talk him into some discreet surveillance."

"Very discreet," Genevieve said. "He's not stupid. He'll spot most constables."

"We'll need to plead this to Simon and the Powers That Be in person. We're calling him in on the weekend, we'll have to be present," Jim said dubiously. "I don't want you here alone."

"I'll be fine for a few hours," she said. "I'm never exactly alone, am I? I'll just lock the house down. No one will get in or out without my knowing."

She came away from the window. "Get dressed. I'll have a lovely supper made up by the time you return."

Blair liked the sound of that. He had half convinced himself that there was no real threat for the Mistress in Cascade. Granted, a lot of really strange stuff seemed to be attracted to their environs, but it made no sense for a man who'd gotten away so cleanly from that transfer would risk everything to contact someone he's known to have associated with.
 
 

He voiced that thought to Jim on the way to the station. He did not share Blair's optimism.

"This Keller is desperate. He believes there is a way to get something he wants by coming to Genevieve," Jim said. "But I hope you're right, Chief. These kinds of situations have too many variables to protect everyone."

That slim hope Blair held onto was dashed when they arrived at Simon's office to find Agent Nelson waiting for them. He looked very tired and even had his suitcase with him. Apparently, he came straight from the airport.

"Good day gentlemen," he said with an offer of his hand. "I had hoped to see you once again, but I thought it would be after a seminar over drinks."

Blair shook his hand as did Jim. "We are coming out to New York for the one in June. I don't suppose this is another consultation."

Nelson shook his head. "No, this is about Chris Keller."

"Are the Feds interested in him?" Jim asked.

"Very much so," Nelson replied. "In addition to what he's been convicted of, we are convinced that he's behind some murders of young men."

"It just gets better and better," Blair muttered.

"I did some exhaustive checking on Keller's known associates and found his connection to Genevieve Arnaud," Nelson said.

"And the fact that he knew her brought you all the way out here when Keller escaped on the East Coast?" Blair asked.

Dennis looked very solemn. "No, because we have hard evidence that he is already in Cascade. But I don't understand why. Their relationship was brief even for Keller. From what we can determine, they never spoke after they parted. What could he want with her?"

"It can't be her underworld connections. She doesn't have any lately," Blair said. "Most of the danger that comes her way now is connected to us."

Nelson shook his head. "Besides, Keller would be of no use to any international criminal organization. He's an unstable thug."

"It's something else," Jim said. "And I've got a bad feeling about leaving."

Jim pulled out his phone as Simon came out of the elevator on his own cell phone. His expression was grim and it sounded as though he was getting quite an earful. As the Captain passed, he signaled for the trio to follow him into the office. Jim indicated that he would be delayed.

"Mistress," Jim said softly. "You made us leave."

"Yes, pet," she replied softly. "I sent the staff away as well."

He sensed no distress in her voice. He turned up his dials very slightly and could hear a second heartbeat and breathing very near her. "He was there... outside. He's with you now."

"He is."

"You aren't afraid."

"You told me yourself that I'm in no danger from him."

"What I feel is not an exact science, Mistress," Jim replied. "He may still be dangerous to you."

"Chris and I had a little chat that involved a lot of what you went through this morning," she replied with a tiny bit of mirth to her voice. "He'll mind his manners or leave in a bag."

"I'm coming back," Jim said.

"You are welcome to. And the Beauty as well," she said. "And if you can get someone of a federal nature, that would be lovely. But you are going to arrive unarmed and you will behave yourselves. I will not allow him to be removed from here until he's been heard."

"Mistress, please..."

"After all this time, you must have learned to trust me," she said. "Don't take an unnecessary risk for this arrest, Jim."

He took a deep breath then slowly let it out. "We'll be there soon."

Simon looked very displeased when Jim finally entered the office. "Does someone want to tell me why I left my son and pulled the Chief away from his foursome to follow a hunch?"

"It's not a hunch any more, sir," Jim replied. "I just spoke to Genevieve. Keller is there now with her."

"Is she okay?" Blair asked.

He nodded. "She isn't afraid for some reason. Says we can come back with a fed, but Keller isn't leaving until he's heard."

"That's not going to happen," Simon bellowed. "The Chief will have our heads. We can seal off the area and wait him out. They have to run out of food at some point."

Blair snorted at that. "She has enough food to hold up for months and still entertain lavishly."

"I hate this more than anyone here, but we have to give her some latitude, sir," Jim said. "How many times has she put herself on the line for one of our cases. If she is protecting him -- and I don't think I'd call it that -- it has to be for a damned good reason."

The Captain sat for a moment with his head in his hands. "I'm going to cordon off the area a block from her townhouse and seal off all transportation out of the city, if her highness doesn't mind."

"We'll go find out exactly what this is about," Jim said.

They raced back to the townhouse with sirens blazing. Agent Nelson followed in their wake. Once outside, Jim paused to listen.

"Jesus, I guess I didn't know what coffee was," he heard Keller say. "It sure didn't taste like this."

"Wait until you have that omelette," Genevieve replied.

"Jim, do we split up and hit both entrances?" Blair asked.

"No, I think we should just ring the door bell," Jim replied drily. "They seem to be in the living room."

At the sound of the bell, Jim could hear a little shuffling about then Genevieve bidding them to enter. Inside, Jim found the Mistress perched calmly on one knee of Chris Keller. The convict was unarmed but his size and build made him menacing nonetheless. He had one arm wrapped causally around her waist. His blue-green eyes were wary but held a glint of amusement in them as if he were aware of the absurdity of their situation. Genevieve was very calm. As she told Jim, there was evidence of a stern 'chat' on the right side of Keller's face where a large bruise was darkening on his angular cheek. And he knew that there were at least a half dozen items within easy reach that could do Keller grave bodily harm in her tiny hands.

"Ah, Agent Nelson, how delightful," she smiled. "What brings you to town?"

"You, Mistress," he replied with a smile. "If I were on the run I couldn't think of a better place of refuge."

"How charming!" she smiled. "But I don't think it's my coffee that brings my guest. How rude of me. Chris Keller, may I introduce Detectives Jim Ellison and Blair Sandburg, my darlings from the Cascade Police Department and Special Agent Dennis Nelson of the FBI."

"The profiler?" Keller asked.

"One of them," Nelson replied.

"Jackpot," Keller said with a smile. "I came to Genevieve because I knew she had heavy influence with law enforcement. I need that influence."

"If you wanted to talk, all you had to do is stay where you were," Nelson said mildly.

Keller smiled at that. "I would've gotten a few broken ribs and extra rough cavity search and not anything close to what I want."

"What do you want, Keller?" Jim asked.

'You know I look on that escape as a bit of good fortune that I should take advantage of," Keller replied. "I probably won't get the opportunity again."

"We can't let you get away," Nelson said. "You know we won't do that."

Keller shook his head. "I said it was good fortune, not a miracle. I know that freedom isn't in the cards. I have a couple of loose ends I wanted to take care of before I go to whatever hell hole is waiting. Genevieve and I are unfinished business, and I want to say a proper goodbye to someone who's been special to me."

"Really?" Nelson asked. Jim and Blair had never heard him have such a hard, incredulous tone in his voice. "Who?"

"I want to see Tobias Beecher for one night," Keller said quietly.

"That's the man," Blair said before he could stop himself. "Don't mind me... thinking out loud."

"So we're all here to arrange a date?" Nelson asked. "What do we get, Keller?"

"Really, Dennis," Genevieve said. "Don't be rude."

"There is no offense intended, Genevieve," Nelson replied. "It is customary in Mr. Keller's world that favors are rewarded in some fashion. He is well aware of what we want from him. To fly Mr. Tobias to his side would command considerable resources. There must be some comparable compensation."

Keller smiled. Blair found himself shuddering each time he did. He wondered how anyone controlled that man.

"Let's just say that I'm willing to sit down for a nice long talk with you and your colleagues," Keller said.

"About what we want to hear?"

"About many things you may want to hear. I know your superiors will," Keller replied. "I've seen a lot of things in my... endeavors. There's lots we can talk about. Besides, it's not like I'm going anywhere. You might get your answers someday."

"You actually think you have something that will interest the Bureau more than those college boys," Nelson asked with a highly arched brow.

"Oh yes," he replied. The smile reached his eyes. Blair knew that the convict had something that Agent Nelson was not going to like.

"For example?"

"The Aryans connection to Hamas and some very exciting plans for this summer," Keller replied. "Seems they haven't taken well to their headquarters being auctioned off and they want to make sure everyone knows that they are still a powerful organization."

Nelson went still. Blair sighed.

"I'll make some calls," Nelson said with uncharacteristic stiffness. He pulled out his cell phone as he exited the townhouse.

"Right," Genevieve said. "Chris, I'm getting out of your lap. As delightful as it is, I know it isn't leading me anywhere interesting. Jim and Blair will keep their word about going against my wishes. So, let's go to the dining room for those omelettes."

Jim looked at the Mistress with as incredulous a stare as Blair had ever seen, but he followed her as she led Keller from the living room. The convict seemed to forget about Jim and Blair as he approached the buffet.

"That smells great," he murmured opening the serving trays. "Damn, what a spread."

"Help yourself," Genevieve said. "Eat all you like."

He paused a moment with plate in hand. "Can we have something like this when Toby gets here? He'd come in his pants for this."

"Certainly," she replied. "Now, my darlings, I want you to relax and to eat as well. I know you haven't today. Blair..."

At the Mistress' pointed stare, Blair pulled Jim aside and whispered to him.

"Jim, I need you to stop clenching your jaw. Center on me for a moment then I want you to slowly breathe in and out," he said. "That's it. You know that she is not afraid. You know how he is feeling and what he truly wants. You know that it is safe to do what the Mistress asks. Look into my eyes."

The Sentinel complied finding in Blair's eyes the serenity he needed. He had been feeling lost between the strong eddies of impulses from Keller which were telling him to let this run its course and what his head was telling should be doing to stop him.

"I trust the Sentinel. Listen to that voice," Blair said softly.

Jim nodded. "Let's eat."

It was a seafood omelet filled with crabmeat and chopped shrimp, shallots and just the right amount of cheese. There was a copious amount of bacon and sausage for the meat inclined, but there was also a spectacular fruit salad. Then there were the breads -- delicate slices of white and wheat, croissant and bagels for the toasting.

Keller filled two plates before seating himself next to Genevieve who was having fruit and a croissant with her coffee.

"Holy shit this is great!" Keller said with relish. He glanced at Jim and Blair with a wry smile. "I'll bet this is the weirdest party you've ever been to."

"You'd think so, but no," Blair replied with a smile of his own. "The bar is pretty high for weird in Cascade."

Jim snorted into his eggs.

"As long as it doesn't involve a mad bomber or a freeze ray," Genevieve said blithely. "We count it as routine."

What amazed Blair more than their situation was the Mistress' ability to make almost any collection of people into an interesting salon. He was about to make such a comment when Nelson appeared in the doorway carrying his suitcase. He looked even more tired.

"Call me a matchmaker," he sighed sinking onto a chair.

Genevieve deposited a cup of coffee in front of him then patted him sympathetically on the shoulder. He poured cream in the cup then took a sip.

"I don't think I've ever seen a man turn the color Captain Banks turned," he said. "Though it will probably matched that of my Director's when the Justice Department agreed to this lunacy."

"It'll be worth your time, Agent Nelson. It may get you a promotion," Keller said. He was clearly amused, but his tone was sincere.

"Don't worry, Dennis," Blair said. "You get used to the strangeness that happens with cases here. You should have seen what we went through with Doom. That party was like a scene from the Super Friends."

Keller got a hearty chuckle out of that. "Super Friends, that's funny," he said as he headed for another helping of eggs.

"What happens next?" Jim asked.

Nelson shrugged. "I figure there will be a lot of intra-turf arguing across the country -- including the warden at Oswald. Then there is the processing of Mr. Beecher, his transport and briefing before he's allowed in here. I suspect that this will take 24 hours at minimum."

"It's a good thing I had supplies brought in," Genevieve quipped.

"What the hell are we supposed to do for 24 hours," Jim demanded. He was not liking the smirk on Keller's face.

"Really, Darling," Genevieve sighed. " I have a state of the art entertainment center, a library full of books and a plethora of games -- of the polite variety and otherwise. And we all have delightfully diverse experiences. I'm certain we can entertain ourselves."

"Do you have cable, Mistress?" Keller asked. "TV sucked at Oz."

"I have it... I almost never watch it save for the news, but mi casa et su casa," she said.

"Oh, there's this great game show I like to watch," Blair offered. "You ever heard of Up Your Ante?'"

"Jesus!" Keller chuckled. "I hope there's more on than that. If not, I'm sure you and I can think of something."

The tone was deliberately provocative, but Jim just rolled his eyes. Genevieve gently patted Keller on his bruised cheek.

"Stop trying to poke Jim with a stick. It's dangerous," she admonished. "Besides, any passion not aimed at your Mr. Beecher should involve me. Shall we adjourn to the livingroom?"

Blair watched Keller scan through about 300 channels four times before he tossed aside the remote.

"Well, that was disappointing," he said. "You play chess?"

"Sure," Blair said with surprise. "The Mistress has a set in the cupboard."

The chess set had been a surprise for Blair. He never doubted that the Mistress owned one, or that she could played exquisitely. However, he had half expected one of those overwrought vanity sets so preferred by the wealthy. Blair had seen them before, the kind where you couldn't even tell what piece was what. At the very least, Genevieve's set should have involved variations on splayed bodies, or been sensuous to the touch. What she had was business all the way: handcrafted boxwood and ebony pieces, triple weighted, Staunton design from John Jacques and Son of London. Blair had bought cars for less money than this set.

They set up the game. The convict looked about with a wry smile as they began.

"What's up?" Blair asked.

"I don't know if I can concentrate without the threat of a riot in the air," Keller laughed. "Why don't you tell me about yourself."

Blair shook his head. "My story would make no sense to you. There's too much on your mind to follow it. Why don't you talk to me? Tell me about Tobias Beecher."

The convict lowered his eyes for a moment then met Blair's unguarded gaze. He nodded shortly as he made his first move.

Across the room, Jim looked on with incredulity. "You want someone to reason with terrorists, send him in," he said to Nelson. "He can make anyone open their heart."

"Blair is special. You both are," Nelson replied. "That's why I want you at that seminar. I think you could be useful on a larger scale, but right now we have more pressing issues."

"Something you haven't told us?" Jim asked.

"No, just things we have yet to consider," he said. "What about sleeping arrangements?"

Genevieve walked over to them seating herself nearby on the sofa. "What about them?" She asked.

"I'm not to let Keller out of my sight if possible," he replied. "How are we all going to sleep, if we can sleep at all."

"That's not a problem," Genevieve said with a waive of her hand. "There are no exits from the bedroom or bathroom. You can check to your heart's content. And you and the boys can camp in the livingroom. Nothing can get past Jim's ears -- even if he's asleep."

"Fine," Nelson said shortly. "Forgive my demeanor, Mistress. I'm unaccustomed to working on the fly like this."

"I understand completely," she replied. "Why don't you call your wife. That will make you feel better."

The agent nodded absently pulling out his phone. Jim smiled at the Mistress as she stepped into his embrace.

"You're special, too," he whispered.

"But you disapprove of my choice of playmates," she murmured.

Jim shrugged nuzzling her hair. "I don't know if disapprove is the word. I was very worried about you. It's not my job to judge Keller, just to contain him."

"It will be fine, Jim," Genevieve assured him. "He will keep his word."

"I know. I realize that I knew what he wanted before he arrived," Jim replied. "I'm concerned about the ones outside that may force him into a corner. That's what's bothering Nelson, I'm sure. He knows there are people on that perimeter who would storm this place and sweat Keller until he spilled."

"Don't worry about them, pet," she said. "After Doom, I've had the townhouse retrofitted to cope with almost any kind of assault."

The Mistress broke from his arms to retrieve a remote from a locked drawer in her desk. She punched in a six digit code then the sound of locks snapping and panels moving could be heard throughout the house.

"Sounds like something out of Forbidden Planet," Blair commented from the chess table.

Keller laughed at that. "You are really fuckin' funny. Check."

Blair rolled his eyes refocusing on the game.

"Every lock is now wired to an alarm and about 10,000 volts of caution. Ever window and door is additionally sealed with a panel of bullet-resistant glass. And it's resistant to the tune of a 30mm chain gun. There is no way to sneak into this house and trying to take Keller now would actively endanger us all. I don't think that Captain Banks would allow that."

Nelson ambled into the room visibly more relaxed than he was before. "I don't even think the Federal hotheads would take that on. Especially knowing there are no arms in the house."

"I aim to make my guests comfortable," Genevieve smiled.

"I think I'm actually hungry now," Nelson said.
 
 

The rest of the afternoon fell into a comfortable routine. Sandburg and Keller played two long games of chess made longer than necessary because of the conversation between them. Nelson and Ellison were immersed in research on the Internet while the Mistress became involved in a novel.

The phone's ringing sounded especially loud and shrill in the quiet of the livingroom. Genevieve went to her desk and pressed a button to put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" a female voice said out of the box. It startled Keller.

"Hello, this is Genevieve Arnaud. May I help you?"

"My name is Sister Peter Marie. I'm the counselor at Oswald," she said. "May I speak to Chris Keller?"

"I'm right here, Sister. What can I do for you?"

"Chris... you can sure stir up a hornets nest," she said with exasperation that made Keller smile. "I'm supposed to determine whether or not Tobias actually wants to make this crazy trip. He wanted me to contact you to find out what's in your head. A tall order, I might add."

"What do you need, Sister?" Keller asked. His expression was concerned for the first time. Jim realized that Beecher not wanting to come had never occurred to him.

"Chris..." the voice on the phone was decidedly masculine. "Are you trying to escape with me in tow?"

"Toby... oh, God Toby... no... there's no way I could," Keller said quickly. "I'm locked down tighter than at EmCity... it's like something out of... of... Forbidden Planet..."

He smiled at Blair who nodded encouragement.

Beecher chuckled. "Must be some place, then. Chris, what are you doing? Why didn't you just disappear?"

Keller shook his head. "There's nowhere I could hide forever. I made my choice, Toby. I was okay with it. Then, the door was open... I couldn't even hug you back. I just want this time... but not if it will... hurt you in any way."

The convict swallowed hard at that sentence. Both Jim and Nelson were surprised.

"No," Beecher said quickly. "It was made clear that this would somehow be of service to the Feds -- how perverted is that? I wouldn't be penalized for it. I just wanted to make sure you weren't planning some Butch and Sundance sort of finale."

"I like my skin without holes in it," Keller laughed. "I just wanted... ah, fuck. You know what I want, Toby."

"Jesus, Chris," Beecher sighed. "I'm on my way."

"Thanks, Toby. And thank you Sister."

"I'm praying for you both," she said. "Goodbye."
 
 

In the end, Keller agreed to watch Up Your Ante with Blair. The two sat on the sofa eating sumptuous sandwiches made of froaccia bread and bowls of hearty lentil soup. While Blair successfully answered the questions, Keller told him some of the more humorous stories about life in EmCity. Jim and Agent Nelson shared dinner at Genevieve's desk discussing the agent's upcoming book on profiling while the Mistress was dressing down the management of her Paris club for some accounting irregularities.

"He really can get to anyone, can't he?" Nelson asked watching Blair laugh at something Keller said.

Jim smiled fondly at his Guide. "Yeah, I suppose he could. Most of it's his personality. But his upbringing took him to some strange places with a wide range of people. He had to learn how to fit into a whole lot of different places. We would have never worked if he hadn't learned how to do that."

"I don't think I gave your rapport justice," Nelson said. "I doubt anyone could. But I thank you both again for allowing me to put our case in the book."

"That was an easy choice," Jim said with a shrug. "There were too many lessons that needed to be taught. Besides, you gave us effective anonymity."

"Yes," Nelson said wryly. "No one could possibly figure out who you two are."

Jim shrugged with a smirk of his own.

The evening wore into the night. Keller was showing signs of fatigue, so Genevieve took him to enjoy the wonders of the master bathroom. Meanwhile, Blair suggested that Nelson get showered and changed while he and Jim set up the bedding in the livingroom.

"How are you," Blair asked Jim once they were alone.

"I'm okay," he replied pulling Blair into a full body hug. "It helps that he isn't sexually attracted to you."

"Thanks," Blair laughed.

"You know what I mean," Jim said pulling back to look into those large dark blue eyes. "And the lock down made this a lot easier."

Blair frowned. "They actually wanted to take down the townhouse."

"Yeah," Jim sighed. "There were some really stupid plans out there from what I could hear. Simon was losing ground when Nelson returned. I'm sure the security has changed their minds, but we'll have to be careful when Beecher arrives that they don't rush in behind him."

Blair smiled. "So you're in favor of this date, now?"

"I'm in favor of bringing this to a close that benefits everyone," Jim said pointedly. "You're the hopeless romantic."

"That's why you love me," Blair said saucily.

Jim squeezed him close. "That's one reason among many."

Blair was treated to a brief, sweet kiss before Jim moved discreetly away to start a fire. Nelson came out of the guest room fluffing his hair and smiling.

"My wife would love that bathroom," he chuckled. "I'll have to take her on vacation to squash my guilt about that bathroom."

"And you haven't used the Jacuzzi," Blair laughed.

"You guys get changed. I'll take the first watch," he said. "I don't think I can sleep right away."

"I'll make it clear that Keller not leave the master bedroom until morning," Jim said. "I'm sure he doesn't want to screw up so close to getting what he's after."

"He doesn't," Blair said. "But that doesn't mean that he isn't adverse to messing with our heads. That's all he's had to do for the past few years. We have to keep things calm until Beecher gets here."

It was an easy mandate on the surface. Keller retired to bed with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a wave goodnight. But in the still darkness, Blair began to worry. He kept seeing Keller's large, powerful hands and the muscles that ran along his long arms. He couldn't help remembering the frightening strength Jim had when acting on Keller's desperate hunger. There had been moments during the long hours they spent together when he caught the convict considering him with those disturbing blue-green eyes.

It kept rattling through the Guide's mind that Keller had very little to lose, no matter what happened. And someone that strong and determined could overwhelm almost anyone who's asleep and unaware. Keller's own stories fueled his anxiety. He had once helped break his own lover's arms and legs. Then there were the other incredible acts of violence Keller chatted so casually about over chess. Blair had found the stories fascinating, but in the quiet of the night, he wondered why they were setting up this rendezvous in the first place, let alone sleeping around such a dangerous character.

At first, Blair thought he was imagining that his name was being quietly called. Or rather, he had hoped that was the case.

"Bla-air..." Keller was quietly calling from the bedroom.

Blair wondered why the Mistress wasn't talking. "Yeah, Chris?"

"Can you get me a drink of water?" Came the innocent reply. Blair was startled. What if he had the Mistress pinned down and wanted a third playmate? Before he could allow his imagination to fuel a complete anxiety attack, Jim gently tightened his embraced. They were entwined on the larger sofa with Blair sitting upright.

"I'll go see what's up," he mumbled muzzily. "It's my watch."

"Bla-air...."

"Jim'll bring you whatever. I gotta grab some sleep," Blair said.

"Never mind," Keller said after a moment of silence.

Jim chuckled shaking his head. He heard Genevieve admonish the convict to go back to sleep.
 
 

The night passed without incident. Blair managed to nod off once Jim was on watch. He didn't even have any troubling dreams. The morning passed with a lovely breakfast and distraction of following all the morning news coverage to make sure that their situation remained a secret. To everyone's surprise, there had not been a leak. There were still stories about Keller's escape and the sorry state of prison security, but apparently no one had been clued in on his actual whereabouts.

As the 24 hour mark approached, it was harder for Keller to keep still. He had so little concentration, chess was not an option. The television was irritating. As he became agitated, so did Jim. Just when Blair was about to become truly alarmed, Jim's cell phone rang.

"Yes, sir," Jim said after listening for some time. "But this is how we want it handled. Keep the perimeter a block away. Let them know that we'll know if they're closer and won't open the door. Have Beecher walk up the center of the street alone with his hands in plain sight. When he's close enough, someone will come out and get him. Tomorrow at this time, we all walk out."

Jim had been staring pointedly at Keller who nodded his agreement. Everyone could hear Simon Banks' loud retort, but in he relented in the end.

"Jesus! I don't know what to do," Keller said as he paced. "I guess I didn't think it would work."

"Just do what feels right, " Genevieve said. "It will all come back to you."

Ten minutes passed before a lone figure walked slowly up the center of the street. The man with the soft, dirty blond hair walked slowly. It seemed to Blair that he was enjoying the feel of the rain scented breeze and the spring sunshine. For a moment, Beecher just stopped with his eyes closed and face upturned toward the sky. He wore a black Jags jacket and rather flattering black jeans. He walked with his hands in the jacket pockets until he was in front of the house. Then, he raised them and headed toward the door. When Beecher reached the bottom step to the townhouse, Genevieve released the lock on the front door and the panel slid up. Blair rushed outside, got behind Beecher than told him to haul it up the steps. A few seconds later, the security slid into place.

Tobias Beecher stood in Genevieve Arnaud's living room stiffly. Blair could see the boyishness left in the former lawyer's face. There was a lot of emotion in his dark blue eyes as they locked with Keller's. He carefully lowered his hands.

"I suppose I'll have to surrender my clothes," Beecher said wryly. "I'm certain they're wired."

"Don't worry about," Blair said as he rejoined Jim who was still by the windows. "Genevieve has jammers in the townhouse."

"Of course she does," Beecher replied rolling his eyes. "I feel like I've stepped into a Bond film."

All the while, Keller was staring at his lover as if he couldn't believe he was actually standing there.

"Toby," he said softly.

"Shhh... not yet, Chris... I'm trying to adjust here," he whispered. He looked at Keller, his large blue eyes were a mix of wry incredulity. "You know, I thought the conjugal visit with Gen was awkward with Sister Pete and the guards and hell, all of EmCity knowing where I was going and why. No performance anxiety there. But this little trip... do you have any idea the scores of people who know exactly why I'm here?"

It appeared that Beecher was about to fly apart at the seams. Keller finally crossed the short distance between them. He cupped the man's face gently in those large, lethal hands. Beecher quieted tilting his head up for the surprisingly gentle kiss. The only points of contact were Keller's hands and their gently pressing lips. When they parted, Beecher moved into Keller's embrace holding him close.

"God, your smell great," Beecher sighed. "Are you wearing silk?"

Keller laughed. "Yeah."

Beecher steeped back to run appreciative hands over his shoulders. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," Keller smiled unzipping the Jags jacket and removing it. "The jeans are hot, but you look like shit. Oh, I'm being rude, allow me to introduce our little social circle. Tobias Beecher, our host, Genevieve Arnaud; Cascade PD Detectives Ellison and Sandburg; and Special Agent Nelson."

"My, my," Beecher chuckled. "You level of companion has improved markedly. I'm afraid I won't be able to contribute much to the conversations here. I haven't slept since this adventure began. I'm dead on my feet."

"Of course you're tired," Genevieve said. "Chris, bring him along. We'll get you a hot bath and a nap. Blair and Jim, sweeties, heat up some food for lunch. I'm sure Agent Nelson has some calls to make."

"Are you going to help me bathe?" Beecher asked.

"I have to, darling. I'm the hostage," she replied.

"Wow. My fantasies aren't this good," Beecher smiled. "Good move, Chris."

Genevieve was in heaven. There were two beautiful men in her tub and reserves in the kitchen. If only there was more time, she mused. Perhaps she could get them to play together somehow. There might still be a way if she put her mind to it. There was movement in her bedroom. When she went to investigate, she found a tea service for two discreetly left on a tray. She sat a cup by each man.

"Thank you, fantasy lady," Toby said mildly. He sat in the shoulders deep water across from Chris. He kept staring at the dark haired man as if he expected him to disappear.

"Are you glad you're here?" Chris asked. There was a hint of anxiety in his voice.

"Of course," Toby replied. "I even know how I'll cope with this when I get back to my cozy pod."

"How?" Chris asked.

"This isn't happening," Toby laughed. "Nobody lives like this. I've never met a woman that looks like you, Mistress. I'm having an elaborate, Oz-induced fever dream. When I wake up, I'll be on the quad watching Up Your Ante and you'll be in Massachusetts."

"Okay, Toby. If that's the way you want to handle it," Chris sighed.

"It's the only way I can," Toby sighed. "Now, scrub my back."

Chris chuckled softly. His face was completely relaxed for the first time since the ordeal began.

He deftly moved Toby's lax body to sit in front of him. He washed his back as asked then soaped his limbs. His lover nearly fell asleep while being rinsed in the hot fragrant water. It took Chris and Genevieve to get him dried and into bed.

Chris tugged the blankets up to Toby's shoulders, but when he tried to pull away, he found himself snagged by his lover.

"Don't leave," Toby whispered. "Stay with me?"

"Sure," Chris replied huskily.

He settled in the bed sitting against the headboard. Toby rested his head on his lover's lap with one arm wrapped possessively around Chris' thigh. Keller gently stoked Toby's soft damp hair.

"He is beautiful," Genevieve observed. "He has very intelligent, sensitive eyes. Is that why you felt compelled to harass my Blair?"

Chris smiled sheepishly. "I guess he reminds me a little of Toby. They sure use the same kind of words. There's a little of Healer in Blair, too. Don't' worry. I didn't mean anything by it."

"I know," she replied with a smile. "That's why your ribs are still whole."

Chris held her gaze with a solemn expression. "Mistress, do you think if I could have responded to training that I wouldn't be in my predicament?"

"Oh, Chris. I don't know," Genevieve said with a sigh sinking onto the edge of the bed. "I never look at life through what-ifs and might-have-beens. But what if things were changed? Could you ever have met this one any other way and had him?"

"Fuck no," he laughed softly.

"Could you regret him?"

"No. Never."

"There then," Genevieve said. "What is there to regret?"

"I still regret failing you," Chris said holding her gaze. "I never gave a damn what anyone ever thought of me save for you and Toby. That was the other reason I came to you. I needed you to know that it wasn't your fault. Hell, I'm glad I reminded you of Detective Square Jaw out there. Before Toby, nobody ever treated me so good."

Genevieve was startled. "How did you know?"

He shrugged. "I didn't know until I met Ellison who it was, but I knew I reminded you of someone. Geesh, you must like that hairline. That's kinky."

"Initially, that's true, but impertinent," she admitted. "But that would have lasted for only a few hours. I spent all those weeks with you because of you, Chris. I always remembered you. I never met a man with your appetites."

"I scared the hell out of you," he said dismissively.

"You weren't the first or the last to do that in session, pet," she replied. "As I have demonstrated, I could have handled you. I didn't want to hurt you. You seemed to be hurting enough. Too much for me to ever reach. I'm glad you found someone who could."

"Well, for the record, I wanted to thank you for trying and for this," he said. "I'm sorry that it came with an army of authorities outside."

She waived her hand. "That's hardly unusual. There's even a web page of my adventures, for goodness sake. Enjoy your nap. I'm going to join the boys in the living room. You are very safe here."

Chris nodded. As she closed the door, he slid further onto the mattress and into his lover's arms.

Tobias Beecher knew he had to be hallucinating. He was laying in expensive, scented sheets and was being held in arms that he never thought he'd feel again. He fought against the delicious feelings. The buzzer for count would ring any second and kill it all. The arms tightened about him. He felt a gentle kiss against his brow.

"I've got you, Toby," Chris whispered. "You're safe."

The lawyer cautiously opened his eyes to meet the intense gaze of his lover. He reached up to tentatively stroke that strong jaw.

"Where's your hostage?"

"Probably having cocktails with the guys," he replied.

"How long have I been out?"

"Just a few hours."

"Are you going to kiss me?"

"Oh, yeah," Chris sighed.

This was what he wanted, Chris thought languidly as Toby's lips parted easily under his. This was why he had walked away from that transfer van without a coat in the cold of a Massachusetts spring. That kiss was why he'd conned his last girlfriend out of money for a plane ticket and some clothes. And the hands that were caressing his back were reason enough to endure the world class thrashing Genevieve gave him when he broke into her home. Toby was naked in bed with him arching against him moaning for more of what Chris very much wanted to give him. That's all that mattered.

"I'm taking my time," Chris murmured. "No one will interrupt us. We don't have to hide."

Toby closed his eyes. "Anything... anything... just now..."

Chris smiled against the column of throat he was nuzzling. He was intent on tasting Toby since he had the time and space for exploration. He tongued to his heart's content. His lover's skin was smooth and delicious. Chris knew that Toby's nipples were responsive, but he never had a chance to really make him crazy. He nipped and sucked at them until his lover was thrashing beneath him.

"Damn... you... Chris... you sadist... fuck me..."

Chris was harder than he could ever remember being, but he was more interested in laving Toby's navel and nipping at his inner thighs. They were tasty as well. And the sensations appeared to rob his lover of speech entirely. After a while, Chris took pity on the man writhing beneath him. He indulged in another slow kiss, then pulled Toby's right leg over his shoulder.

"I always wanted to watch your face when I came inside you," Chris whispered as he prepped him with the lube so thoughtfully left by the Mistress. "I wanted you to see mine."

Chris was suddenly impatient for that sight. He readied Toby with practiced ease and his lover canted his hips pleading for penetration. There wouldn't be much of a wait. With his eyes locked on his lover, Christ pushed inside his lover and began to pleasure him inside while stroking his erection. They fell into a familiar, heady rhythm made more intense by their positions and their slow deliberate pace. And it was a longer, more erotic ride, but still not long enough. They were too excited. The encounter was too much to sustain for long. Toby gasped Chris' name and came in a hot gush while clinching around his lover's erection. Chris came with a growl then toppled onto a now lax Toby.

"Now, that was worth the trip," Toby sighed. "More than worth it."

"Back at you," Chris chuckled. "There's plenty more where that came from. But I need food."

"Oh, yeah," Toby agreed huskily. "I could eat."

Chris rolled out of bed. He returned a moment later with a warm damp towel to clean them off. Then he set about finding clothes. He handed Toby a set of silk knit draw sting pants and a long sleeved pullover of the same material. Toby captured his lover's wrist along with the clothing. Chris found himself pulled into another kiss.

"Things have a tendency to go to hell before we can say the right things to each other," Toby whispered above his lips. "So while I can, let me say thanks for this. I've never had anyone want me this much."

"I do," Chris replied simply. "And you deserve it."
 
 

Toby found himself hiding sheepishly behind Chris as they ambled into the living room. Genevieve smiled at them from the longer sofa where she was reclined reading a book. Ellison and Sandburg were seated together on the floor near the fire and very obviously a couple. That was surprising. Nelson was at the computer.

"Hello, darlings," Genevieve smiled. "Are you hungry? I could have a tray brought in."

Chris looked at Toby for guidance. "I'm really hungry, but I'd like to hang out here a bit, if you don't mind, Chris. I haven't had a chance at this sort of company in a while."

"Yeah, that's okay. I kinda like 'em, too."

Genevieve rose from the sofa to pull them further into the room. "Then, join us. Blair and I were going to bring out supper momentarily."

"Sandburg," Toby said as he seated himself nearby with Chris behind him. "The feds said you were a professor."

"Disgraced," Blair said. "Call me Blair."

"Disgraced lawyer, if that's even possible," Toby said. "Call me Toby. You two were the reason I couldn't sleep on the plane."

"Excuse me?" Jim asked.

"Oh, the Feds do not like you two," Toby said with a smile.

"Well, they started it," Blair said. "And except for Dennis, we're not fond of them either."

"They told such crazy stories about you two. I expected to see you wearing spandex jumpsuits and capes," Toby said with a shake of his head.

"We've heard things like that before," Blair said with a glance back at Jim. "But there are reasonable explanations for everything that's happened to us... like crop circles."

Chris chuckled. "Crop circles. I told you he was funny. What I want to know is how you two can be together and be cops. Law enforcement isn't known for an open mind."

Blair shrugged not even trying to deny it. "We've had some close calls, but denial is a powerful thing. Men don't want to believe that a covert ops, cop of the year, could want another man. It messes with their world view. So it doesn't take much to make them think it's a lie. When I got discredited, so did the rumors about me and Jim. They see exactly what they want to see."

"Makes sense," Toby said. He gasped when Genevieve set a plate before him. It was a slice of fresh Italian bread, a slice of parmesano reggiano with a generous dollop of aged balsamic vinegar.

"You boys can snack on that while Blair and I get dinner ready," she said.

Toby was chewing with his eyes closed in purest bliss. "Thank you, fantasy lady. You have brought joy to my heart."

He fed Chris a sliver of the cheese with vinegar. He tilted his head while chewing. "Hey, that's really good."

"Food of the gods, Chris," Toby sighed. "Powered potatoes will be difficult after this. Really difficult. I'm so glad this is not real."

Toby really adored the dinner of pork loin and mushroom risotto. He inhaled two portions sighing throughout the meal. "I finally understand how food could be an orgasmic experience. Thank you, fantasy lady."

"You are quite welcome," Genevieve smiled. "I love seeing a man with an appetite."

Dessert was a simple fresh fruit salad which was more than enough for Toby. He rose from his chair to kiss the Mistress on her cheek. "How can I thank you?"

Genevieve sighed. "Alas, there isn't enough time for all that you could do to thank me. I shall have to settle for those sated expressions on your face and Chris'."

"Can we at least get the dishes?" Toby asked.

She shook her head. "Agent Nelson and I will handle that. I think he needs some chores before I completely warp his senses."

"That's for sure," Nelson quipped.

"Why don't you sweeties amuse yourselves in the living room. Blair, will you set up the coffee?" She suggested.

"Sure," Blair said. "Come on, Jim. Give me a hand."

Chris tried. He really did. He could tell that Toby was enjoying the lively intellectual debate with Blair Sandburg. Hell, what he could follow of it sounded pretty interesting. He didn't even mind that it was taking each of them ten minutes between chess moves. But eventually he couldn't help himself. Toby's hair looked all soft and golden in the firelight, and there was the way it was curling ever so slightly at the base of his neck. Chris had to touch it. So he did fingering it gently. Toby leaned slightly into the touch but continued the conversation. His hair was very soft. He wondered if it smelled as good as it felt. Before he could stop himself, Chris had leaned forward to gently inhale his lover's scent just behind his ear.

Blair admired Toby's ability to concentrate. Chris Keller was beginning to get to him with those careful caresses and the scenting. But the lawyer kept pressing his points without any lapse. Blair supposed that his former profession demanded that kind of ability. He was good, but he wasn't immune to his lover's attentions. After two very unwise moves in a row, Blair had him cornered.

"Check mate!" Blair exclaimed. "Would you like to play another?"

Toby leaned back against Chris with his eyes closed for a moment. Keller took the opportunity to brush a kiss against he lover's temple.

"Ordinarily, I'd love to, Blair," Toby murmured. "And though I've not completely made my point, I must decline. My ability to reason is leaving me rapidly."

"Understood," Blair replied. "I enjoyed myself."

"Me, too. Goodnight."

Chris winked at them as he was pulled into the master bedroom. He was out of his shirt by the time Toby closed the door.

"Take off the rest and turn down the bed," Toby said quietly.

"C'mere," Chris beckoned.

"Take off the pants, Chris and get on the bed," Toby said with more firmness. "You aren't going to drive me crazy this time. I plan to enjoy you."

Chris stretched out on the bed on one side. His sleek muscles were golden in the candle light Genevieve provided. "You know what I want to do for you, Toby?" Chris asked with a wicked smile.

"I can't think of anything more you could do for me -- other than stay still," Toby replied softly.

"Tie me down," Chris whispered flicking at the heavy leather shackles on the head board.

Toby ran a hand along his lover abdomen up to his stiffened nipples. "I would think you'd want to stay away from cuffs for a little longer."

Chris moaned at the touch. "It's really hot for me to completely lose control. I haven't done it for a long time."

"Since the Mistress."

He nodded offering his Toby a wrist. "I haven't trusted anyone enough. Please..."

Toby grasped the wrist pressing a kiss to it before gently clasping the think, heavy leather around it and fastening the shackle into place. He repeated with the other wrist.

"This is hot," he murmured sitting back to look at Chris. "All that power made vulnerable for me..."

The kiss this time was aggressive and hungry. Chris moaned against it arching his back in a plea for more. Keller's submission freed something in Toby. He went after his lover with his tongue and teeth; with ice cubes awaiting in a pitcher by the bed and with hot wax. Chris reveled in all of it. Toby couldn't bring the pleasure to the point of pain, but he delighted in teasing such a responsive body. Chris Keller was a being made for sex, Toby realized. He had to slow down to keep himself from coming merely from the sight of his lover in sustained pleasure.

The man was panting and sheened with sweat when Toby relented.

"Christ, Toby... call me a... sadist," he gasped. "Let me come or I'll fuckin' die..."

"Well, I can't have that," Toby murmured. "Knees up, Chris. Put those feet flat on the mattress, spread wide and curve those hips."

"Yes, sir!" Chris said with a leer.

Toby lubed himself then coated Chris' erection before readying his lover. "I liked watching you this morning."

"Oh, yeah..." Chris moaned. "Please, Toby..."

"And I love this 'please'... I wonder if it's the shackles..." He smiled before pushing inside his lover's heat. "Oh, my god... Chris..."

Toby pumped and stroked Chris for a long time enjoying not just the erotic tension building between them but also the almost electric connection flowing between them. He was deeply moved at his helpless partner giving everything of himself to him. When he came, it was with tears in his eyes. Chris came crying out Toby's name almost shaking with the power of it.

When Toby released the shackles after cleaning them up, Chris gathered him in his arms quieting the growing sobs.

"What am I doing?" Toby gasped. "I've got plenty of time to cry back in my pod."

"S'okay," Chris whispered. "As long as I get to hold you."
 
 

The night passed quickly with the lovers holding each other and talking through most of it. They only dropped off to sleep for a few hours before dawn.

Chris awoke to the smell of coffee. He carefully sat up just in time to see Genevieve wheeling a cart into the room. She smiled but seemed saddened.

"I thought you should spend as much of the time left alone with Toby," she said quietly.

"Thanks," Chris replied. "For all of this."

"Just enjoy each other," she said.

"How long do we have?"

"Jim thinks you should head out before the deadline to avoid problems," she said. "I'd say noon."

The coffee roused Toby as well. He savored it along with the simple breakfast of croissants and fresh fruit. They showered together sharing increasing heated kisses under the hot spray until they had to have each other. But neither wanted to give up the kisses, so they ended up pumping each other to orgasm.

Chris managed to keep Toby from getting silent and sad even when they were finally getting dressed in street clothes.

"You think I could take the silk pajamas?" Toby smiled wistfully.

"I'm sure she'd let you, but how long would you get to keep them in EmCity?" Chris asked with a raised brow.

"True enough," he replied. "Chris... I'll write you."

"I know."

"I'll even visit when I get parole," he said. "It won't be like this, but we can keep connected, can't we?"

Chris looked at him levelly. "We'll always be connected."

He kissed Toby one last long time while holding his face in both hands before opening the bedroom door. "Stay safe. Get your parole."

Toby nodded following him out.

Genevieve rushed into Keller's arms to hug him. "You're to go first with Agent Nelson."

Chris nodded at that. He whispered something into Genevieve's ear before breaking free. He put his hands up against the nearest wall assuming the arrest position. "I'd rather you guys frisk me."

Ellison complied. He took Nelson's offered cuffs then secured Keller's wrists behind his back.

"I'll be accompanying you to the Massachusetts' facility and take the point on the discussions to follow," he said.

Keller smirked. "That'll help as we have a bond and all."

Nelson put on his coat. Keller and Beecher remained lock in each other's gaze. "Thanks for your hospitality, Mistress. I'll call to let you know that he arrived safely."

"Thank you," she replied. "You are always welcome, Dennis."

"And I'll make sure Mr. Keller is notified upon Mr. Beecher's return to Oswald," Blair said.

Keller smiled at him. "Thanks."

"We'd better go," Nelson said.

Beecher stepped toward Keller but stopped himself. "If I touch you again, I'll ruin this very civil scene. Take care, Chris. I love you."

Keller closed his eyes and swallowed hard. "Love you, too."

They were gone. Blair had to fight an overwhelming urge to keep from comforting the grieving prisoner. Beecher helped by assuming the position up against the wall. Blair frisked and cuffed him.

"We'll accompany Mr. Beecher to the airport, then we'll be back to help put your house in order," Jim said.

"Thanks, pets," Genevieve said. She gently stroked Beecher's cheek. "I've enjoyed spending time with you. I'll be in touch. Take care."

Beecher looked puzzled, but merely nodded. "Thank you very much for everything."

Later that night, the news talked about the capture of Chris Keller by the FBI but details were very sparse. Jim and Blair lounged in robes in Genevieve's living room. The Sentinel had his Guide on top of him where he alternated between caressing him through the opening in the robe and long, toe-curling kisses. Blair let him reacquaint himself. After being around people who where so in love and so apart, Blair was even more sensitive to what they had.

It seemed to them that the Mistress was reluctant to be alone though she hadn't asked them to stay. She was sprawled on a sofa with a warm cloth on her head and a glass of champagne in one hand.

"I still can't believe I let those men go without orchestrating some sort of orgy," she moaned. "I just don't like this Good Samaritan stuff. It's against my nature. You shall have to work very hard to make it up to me."

Jim chuckled. "Anytime, Mistress. Anytime."

He kissed Blair again. "I can't believe I didn't hurt you. I've never felt such strong impulses."

"I think you throw at me what you know I can handle," Blair sighed. "That Keller was something though. Think he'd a made a good soldier?"

"Maybe. He had the physical talent," Jim said. "Or he might have been another Colonel Oliver."

"Yeah, there's that," Blair agreed. "Do you think they'll see each other again?"

Jim shook his head. "Keller meant this as goodbye, Chief. It's probably the best think for Beecher in the long run."

"Chris asked me to look after him," Genevieve said. "I believe you're right. So sad."

"How are you going to take care of him?" Jim asked.

"I can always use another lawyer," she replied ruefully. "With all the calamity visited upon me or my loved ones. Meanwhile, I plan to inundate this EmCity with silk pajamas. Let's go to bed."

Home
Siren Saga 19: Earthshattering