by NovaD
 
 
 
Chapter Fourteen:
Denouement

(That's French for 'When we finish off the Supervillians')
 
 
 

"I am nothing," Blair thought. It was not a lament. It just was. The Guide accepted it completely without sadness or regret. He had thrown all of that away with everything else. Again, he centered himself. Acceptance brought him peace and an odd sort of strength. Maybe it was the layers of truth to the words. Blair wasn't sure. There was strength in the truth after all. Perhaps acceptance of the truth gave strength. He hoped so. Otherwise, he wouldn't survive the coming attack.

Before Blair could wonder anew at the wisdom of placing himself in potential jeopardy, he felt the movement in the darkened room. The Guide reacted instinctively, and the violent dance began. The blows were full force and came at him from random angles with lightening speed. Blair got buffeted but mostly was able to use the momentum of the attack to fight back keeping the assailant at bay and himself from serious injury. He wasn't thinking -- just reacting. Even when Blair felt his legs swept from beneath him, the panic lasted a mere instant. He managed to turn the fall into a roll. Thus, by the time the next arcing blow was approaching, Blair was in place to block it.

"Enough! Lights!"

The room was suddenly illuminated. Blair blinked into the brightness but did not relax his stance. Genevieve Arnaud stepped away from the Guide and gave him a little bow.

"You are doing well," she said. "You have conquered your fear."

"Now, I must release my anger?" Blair quipped.

"Don't be insolent," she retorted but there was a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Sorry. Just nervous."

"You needn't be. Your meditation training has served you well," she said. "The biggest hurdle in learning a martial art is disciplining the mind. You have that. The rest is merely conditioning."

"I hope so. It seems that all I'm good at is keeping an attacker away. I'm not really fighting," Blair said.

Genevieve handed him a towel. "You would be keeping a suspect from harming you, your partner or a victim until help arrived. Even if the police didn't officially frown at needless pummeling of criminals, it's not something that I see you doing."

Blair nodded at that. He was still having trouble with the gun. It wasn't that he actively objected to it. He'd held one often enough in his years with Jim. It was that routinely carrying one was so far out of his mindset that Blair often forgot he was supposed to have it on his person. That exasperated Jim, but he didn't nag Blair about it. He took a surprisingly pro-active approach to solving the problem. The Sentinel bought a holster with a belt slide that stayed on his every day belt. When he tightened it about his waist, the slide reminded him that he needed to put the holster and gun in place. When that failed, Jim would gently ask him if he'd forgotten something.

And that had been the operative word with the tough as nails kill you a million ways with dental floss Sentinel: gentle. Blair could never accuse the man of being insensitive. Jim had been amazing. He gave Blair space and never pushed him about anything in their public or private relationship. To his surprise, Blair found that he needed that from his partner. The Guide needed time and space to work out his feelings and find his way where the world was concerned. He knew how he felt about Jim. He loved him more than ever in the weeks since his whole world changed. Though the loft had become extremely quiet in the wake of Blair's contemplative silence, there was no tension in their home. It felt as warm and safe as always.

"Are you with me, Cherie?"

Blair was startled. He hadn't realized he had drifted off. "Sorry. I was just thinking about Jim."

"He will be here soon. I invited him to lunch," Genevieve said. "It's time we chatted about our activities."

Blair knew that tone. "Yes, Mistress."

Genevieve took his face in her hands. "Stop worrying. You will wrinkle that angelic face. Everything will be fine, Cherie. Hit the showers before those lovely muscles tense up." She hugged him close then gently pushed him away patting his bottom was he went.

Jim saw the embrace. He didn't stop Blair from leaving the room. The Sentinel needed a word alone with the Mistress. Genevieve turned toward him as soon as the door to the guest bedroom closed. She looked very delicate in the crimson ghee. Jim knew better.

"Mistress," he smiled.

She smiled back opening her arms for him. He stepped into the hug.

"There aren't many things in this world that feel as good as you do, pet," she murmured.

"Thank you, Mistress."

Genevieve stepped back from him. "Come with me. We'll talk while I change."

She began dropping her clothing as soon as she crossed the bedroom threshold. Jim picked up the items as she headed for the bathroom then placed them in the wicker hamper. A hot bath awaited her. "Ah," Jim thought. "To have dutiful discreet servants." She settled into the steamy, fragrant water with a contented sigh.

"What troubles you?" she asked softly.

Jim met her eyes somberly. "Is he happy?"

"He is, darling."

"But he's so quiet."

Genevieve raised one leg. "Make yourself useful."

"Yes, Mistress," Jim replied grasping a slim ankle in one hand and a big bath sponge in the other.

"Such a change in direction would make anyone introspective. Or at least it should," Genevieve said. "Why do you doubt him when his actions have spoken with such clarity?"

Jim carefully soaped the leg he had in hand. "Mistress, he gave up a fortune for a life of long hours, bad coffee, questionable success and me. How can he be happy?"

She smiled at him. "You have no idea how beautiful you are. I've always adored that in you. You know, I get a few calls each month from friends in the life who have seen you at the club. They keep pestering me to put you up for auction. Of course, that would never happen. Even if you were available, I'd never part with you."

Jim gaped at her while rinsing the sudsy limbs.

"You are wondrous, my adorable constable. Men like you are so rare. You have a good heart, an honorable soul and a courageous spirit wrapped in a gorgeous package. You were going to let him go and suffer his loss and a public agony without saying a word to refute him."

Jim listened. His face was hot with embarrassment.

"You don't even think you were doing anything other than what had to be done," she said reading his befuddled mind. "How like my beloved you are."

Jim met her gaze startled by the admission. Her eyes were misted over. "I was going to give up everything for him and be a constable's wife. I was even going to risk this body to having his children.

"Blair's soul is older and wiser than his years. He knows that what you have cannot be replaced by fame or fortune," she said.

Jim still looked uncertain. Genevieve sighed. "Such modesty. It can get tiresome, pet."

Jim helped her onto her feet and began to towel her dry.

"Are you making love?"

Jim blushed. "We're fucking very quickly and purely out of instinct. We haven't made love or played in a long time."

"He is as he always was," Genevieve said. "All of that personality will return the moment he sees confidence in his new self from you. I think it's time."

"How do I show him?"

Genevieve dropped her towel and went into her walk-in closet.

"Take a swing at him," she replied.

"What?"

"Warn him first. Then, take a swing at him," she said from the closet.

Jim was still considering the strange advice when Blair wandered in.

"Hey, what's with the van with the huge fiberglass croissant on top?" he asked.

"She's my new caterer. My cook is away on a family emergency," Genevieve called out. "I hate that van. The damned croissant glows in the dark. But her cooking is extraordinary."

Blair hardly heard any of the reply. He was looking at Jim. The Sentinel looked so vulnerable and sexy that he wanted to strap the man down and work him over properly. Then Jim began looking at him strangely. His head was tilted to one side. His gaze was intense.

"En garde, Chief," Jim said quietly.

"Huh?"

The words barely made sense to him. Then, he realized that there was a large Sentinel was bearing down on him. Even as he instinctively ducked the first swing, Blair was thinking about just how scary Jim could be. That thought didn't stop him from deflecting the second punch with enough force to throw Jim off balance. That seemed to fascinate Jim who then really went after Blair trying to find a way past those well developed defenses.

Blair fought smartly reducing Jim to a problem of height and width and mass to be repelled. It was impressive. The Sentinel understood what his Love had been doing for six weeks when he came home with Genevieve's scent all over him. The time was well spent. Blair was formidable, but Jim was very determined to get his hands on his Guide. The next time his wrist connected with Blair's, he twisted his hand around grasped the wrist rather than blocking it. Then, Jim yanked the young man against him and kissed him mercilessly.

When Jim raised his head from those lush lips, Blair growled at him.

"That was so underhanded, man," Blair whispered breathlessly. The anger in his voice didn't match the erection rubbing against Jim's thigh.

"You need to be prepared for anything, Chief," Jim murmured with a crooked grin. "That mouth is, after all, irresistible."

He took those lips again. Blair surrendered with a moan allowing his mouth to be ravaged.

Genevieve chuckled. "I do wish I could keep you two with me forever. I could watch you for hours. But for now, lunch."

The men parted reluctantly, but Jim's heart sang when he saw the playful spark in Blair's eyes.

"You are in so much trouble," Blair muttered.

"Lord, I hope so," Jim thought but said. "Bring it on, Junior."

"Miss the strap, do you?" he asked in that soft commanding tone.

Jim wanted to sink to his knees right then. All he did was blush. Blair was pleased with that. He laughed softly.

Lunch managed to be both simple and extravagant. There was a 'simple' seafood salad of lump crab, lobster and shrimp; a plate of cut fresh fruit and champagne served by a brunette amazon in a French maid outfit. Jim threw a perplexed look at Blair who just shrugged.

After the champagne was poured, the Mistress held up her glass.

"To new directions," she said with a smile.

"Here, here," the guys replied. They began to eat.

"This is fantastic," Blair said.

"She is a find and the outfit is her idea," Genevieve said. "Even I wouldn't require her to work in those shoes. Ah well. Tell me, Jim, how go things over the hell mouth?"

Jim smiled. "It's been very quiet. No super assassins or homicidal cyber-punks. One odd thing though… we had a slippery home invasion perp delivered to the door of HQ, hog tied with a big knot in the middle of his forehead."

"Maybe he just picked the wrong house?" Blair offered.

"Could be. I hope we don't have a vigilante running loose," Jim said. "That'll make us look like idiots for not catching a perp that a civilian nabbed then we'll look like ungrateful idiots for going after the nutcase."

"Sounds like a no-win case," Blair commented.

"We should consider it a challenge, Chief."

Blair dropped his fork. "No…"

"You're partnered with Cop of the Year, remember? And Simon made some remark about your unique people skills," Jim replied.

"Oh, yeah. Right," Blair replied rolling his eyes.

"Eat your lunch, Dear Ones. Let's enjoy our time together before you return to the insanity."

She considered them as they enjoyed the food. Jim found it hard to look at her inquisitive green eyes.

"Have you been playing?" She asked gently.

Jim blushed hotly. He heard Blair's heart spike slightly.

"No, Mistress," Blair said quietly. "Things have been… difficult."

"Do you want to play?"

Blair gazed at Jim. "I feel the pull. He has been courting my attention."

"Are you, Jim?"

The Sentinel turned crimson and developed a deep fascination with his salad.

"Jim?" She pressed.

"Yes, Mistress. I suppose I am."

"Why?" Blair asked. Jim looked up growing concerned at his Love's tone and the concerned expression in his eyes. He looked worried that he had done something wrong.

"You've given so much. I wanted you to take from me," he whispered.

"How do you feel about that, Blair?" Genevieve asked sounding very much like a group counselor.

"I want to take him. I've been very tempted. But with all I'm adjusting to, I haven't been in the right mindset," the Guide replied.

"You like him tempting you," she stated with certainty.

"Yes," Blair said with surprise.

Jim watched Blair work through the possibilities of the last few moments.

"I like being aware of you. It reminds me of all that I have. But it isn't enough. You'll have to work harder, Jim, to pull me away from my distractions," Blair said levelly holding Jim's gaze.

"Hmmm. Well done," Genevieve purred. "I'll have some appropriate things that are tailored just so sent to your place later today. Meanwhile, I have some things here to get you started."

"Thank you, Mistress."

"Jim, why don't you give me your notes on the vigilante. I'll go over them while you're with the Mistress."

"Yes, Blair," Jim said with a saucy smile. He was beginning already.

The change in Jim's look was subtle, but the effect on Blair was profound nonetheless. He wore pleated pants of soft charcoal gray wool. But the pants were nipped and tucked in just the right places to remind the Guide what a narrow waist and a well formed ass his lover possessed without making him look slutty. The trousers were just provocative enough to make his hand itch to cup that firm flesh where it rounded toward those corded thighs.

The heather colored silk knit mock turtle neck sweater was not tight, but it was fitted so precisely that the soft fabric skimmed over the contours of his muscular torso. The fabric beckoned the touch. Blair knew that Jim had to be affected by the feel of the garment, but he couldn't tell if his nipples were hard.

Jim's skin and hair were slightly different as well. He was closely shaved and his skin had a healthy glow to it. Blair figured that Genevieve must have given him a facial. This proved to be too tempting for Blair to resist. He reached out to gently stroke Jim's cheek.

"You are tempting. Tempting me sorely," Blair whispered. "But we have work to do."

"Yes," Jim said with regret.

Blair looked for a moment as though he was going to pounce anyway. He took a deep breath and groaned.

"What have I done?" he wondered aloud.

Genevieve laughed. "You've added more spice to the mix. Your day will not be so routine now."

"Lord knows it won't," Blair murmured. "Come on, Jim. Thank you, Mistress."

"Yes, Blair," Jim replied. He smiled at Genevieve and mouthed 'thank you.'

At first, Blair attributed his strong reaction to his already very keen interest in Jim. He reasoned that because the change was so subtle that no one else would notice how very hot his partner was looking. That assumption proved to be erroneous shortly after they took their desks at the station.

There were sustained glances from Rhonda and a few of the secretaries that passed through during the day. The most intense scrutiny was from Megan who was staring at Jim as though she'd never seen him before. The Sentinel was oblivious to this. In part, Blair figured was that none of the women said anything -- even quietly -- about what they were seeing. Jim was also keeping his gaze down except to respond to a question or to look at the computer. That made him look almost demure and certainly vulnerable.

Blair began to wonder about the wisdom of this course. All that vulnerability and a body like his partner's was a red flag to women. Hell, he was having trouble keeping his expression neutral. Warring feelings of cuddling with Jim or fucking his brains out were at play within him.

"Chief, I'm going to make some copies and file this stack. I'll be back in 10 or 15 minutes," Jim said. "Then we can go interview that witness."

"I'll call and make sure she's home."

"You want any coffee or anything while I'm up?"

"No, I'm good," Blair replied fighting the strong urge to tell him to be careful.

Megan was in front of Blair as soon as the elevator doors closed.

"Alright, Sandy. What's going on with Jim?" She demanded quietly. "He looks good enough to eat. I mean he's always been attractive, but today… he's just gorgeous."

Blair shrugged. "Genevieve gave him a little makeover to… cheer him up."

"Whatever she did suits him," Megan said. "If I didn't know that it would be a wasted effort, I'd go after him. Be on your toes."

"I will."

Blair wasn't concerned. Even if someone had the ability to catch Jim's eye, the man was oblivious to the fact that the gazes were predatory. And even if he heard the whispered compliments, he'd probably think they were aimed at someone else.

Blair was just hanging up with the witness when Jim returned. The man looked slightly embarrassed and very confused.

"What's wrong, Jim? You look like you caught your Dad watching porn," Blair said.

"Betty," he began leaning over the desk to speak into Blair's ear. "Grabbed my ass."

"Betty in records?"

"Yes."

"Sixty year old Betty in records?"

"Yes," Jim hissed. "She said she wanted to feel the fabric to get a pair for her husband. Next thing I knew, she has a palm full of my left cheek."

Blair wanted to laugh, but Jim looked so distressed that he repressed it.

"Come on, Big Guy, let's get you out on the streets where it's safe," Blair said.

"I tell you it was a guy dressed in some fantasy sex get up," the elderly woman said. "Couldn't see anything but big shoulders, seamed stockings and big high heels -- too dark."

"What happened, ma'am?" Jim asked.

"I was watching TV, which you see has a view of the neighbors," she said. "Not that I look at what's going on over there all the time. They aren't as interesting as Jerry Springer.

"Anyway, I heard this commotion -- trash cans crashing, shouting. I couldn't hear my program for the noise. So I look out the window. That's when I saw the freak in heels tossing the other guy in a van."

"Did you see the van?" Blair asked.

She shook her lacquered gray head. "It was in front of a big elm tree. By the time I could get to the door, they were gone."

"And you're certain it was a man?" Jim asked.

"Sure as I'm sittin' here," she replied. "I know a man when I see one. You, for instance, are a real man."

Blair stifled a giggle.

"Thank you… er… ma'am," Jim replied shifting his position slightly so that Blair was between him and her. "We won't take up anymore of your time."

"No bother. Come back anytime. And I do mean anytime," she said with a wink.

Jim kept Blair as a shield as they left.

"I'm beginning to think that I'll have to collar you in public so everyone will know you're taken," Blair said

Jim looked at him solemnly. "I wouldn't mind," he said softly.

Blair shut his eyes for a moment trying to still the sudden shaking in his limbs caused by Jim's expression of utter surrender "Ah, Jim. What you do to me."

The Guide pulled the bigger man into his arms for a brief hug. "One person per household making life altering public declarations is enough for now, Babe. But I love you for that."

Something in Blair's eyes must have struck a chord. The Sentinel nodded with a happy smile then started the truck.

In predictable fashion, Simon glowered at them throughout the briefing as if they were personally responsible for a vigilante transvestite roaming the streets of Cascade. This time, Blair was having none of that.

"I hope you know that we're not happy with these developments. Especially in light of all the publicity we've had personally. I was, in fact, hoping to keep a low profile for several months to give everyone time to move on to the next lurid news story."

Banks sighed nodding his head. "I know and if I had my way, that's how it would have been. But the Chief picked you because you're very good. He said and I quote 'the weirder the shit, the better they are.'"

Neither man could argue about that. And Banks knew it.

"I'll put a description out to the uniforms. This person should be easy to spot," he said. "Maybe we can nail him before this makes national news."

That was one roll call Blair would have enjoyed, but he had something else in mind for that night as soon as he could manage.

"So Jim, is there any reason that four different women have asked me if you're dating," Simon asked.

"Not one that you'd want to hear, Sir," Jim said.

"Fair enough," Banks replied. "That's it. You're on call if the vigilante makes a move."

"Yes, Sir," Jim said.

"I need a minute with Sandburg," Banks said. "I won't keep him long."

"Will he be safe out there alone?" Blair asked. He was only half kidding.

"He's right outside the door. Jim, just don't move from your desk," Banks replied. "Go."

Jim swallowed hard then left the room. Simon was looking at Blair intently.

"I've been checking up on you," he began.

Blair started.

"Don't panic. I've been hearing good things. Whatever it is that you call charm is working at the academy. They like you," Banks said. "I just want to know how you feel about things now."

Blair relaxed and smiled. "It's good. Really good. I'm enjoying the training… the learning. I like getting the theory behind the methodology. It's like I had learned to run before I learned to walk. And those academy instructors tell the most intense stories. I can't get enough."

Banks smiled. "They've seen and heard more than most of us. So, you're okay with this?"

"I've always wanted to fit in here. I didn't realize how much until Jim gave me that badge," Blair began. "I knew the job was hard, but what I didn't understand was how much you guys juggle with each encounter in an investigation -- getting the facts, building a case, protecting rights, keeping perspective, seeing through the layers hopefully to the truth," Blair said. "I've had the luxury of time and research to make a hypothesis. You guys sometimes have seconds to make a decision where lives hang in the balance. I'm flattered that you think I'm worthy."

"You do alright, Sandburg," Banks said. "Just let me know if you have any problems or need anything."

Blair smiled broadly. "I'm doing fine, but I'll keep it in mind. Meanwhile, I need to rescue my partner."

Sure enough, Jim had been surrounded by secretaries in that short amount of time.

"Get him out of here," Banks muttered.

That wasn't hard to do. Blair shot Jim an intent gaze as he closed Simon's door. Jim excused himself following immediately in his partner's wake. All looked normal as Jim groused about Blair's tardiness and Blair chattered about a meatless dinner. Between them though hung the promise of desire that Blair couldn't wait to fulfill.

The trip home passed Jim by without him really noticing anything beyond responding automatically to traffic. Jim was proud of himself. He was actually thinking about the case and only occasionally about the erection he'd had since changing his clothes. Once again, he praised the Mistress for her wisdom. The trousers did accentuate his ass, but the pleats in front were enough to disguise the difficulty he'd been having all afternoon.

"So what do you think, Chief. Home grown nut or an import?"

"I know the Mistress would vote for spawn of the hell mouth, but I vote for an import," Blair replied.

"Okay, why?"

The Guide frowned a moment. "He got the drop on an elusive, experienced robber then took him down with no witnesses. Unless this guy is unbelievably lucky, he's done it before elsewhere."

Jim smiled. "Exactly. Somewhere our guy made his debut and probably some mistakes."

"I'll run that down after we talk to the victim… er, other suspect," Blair said. "Is he conscious yet?"

"Yeah, but the doctors won't let us near him until tomorrow."

"Then let's just focus on tonight," Blair said huskily. Jim sped up slightly.

Blair lapsed into a comfortable silence for the rest of the trip home. Jim was unsure of what to do. He wasn't hungry for dinner after that wonderful lunch, but he didn't want to make assumptions. The hand on the small of his back quieted all questions as they entered the loft. He was steered to the sofa.

"You weren't trying to provoke all that feminine attention you were receiving?" Blair asked quietly.

"No," Jim replied swallowing hard.

Blair pushed his Sentinel gently until he was sitting on the back of the sofa. Then, he stepped between those muscular thighs and ran his hands across his Love's broad shoulders.

"How does that shirt feel?"

Jim shut his eyes. His face relaxed in pleasure. "I'm so aware of my body… your hands…"

"Was it too much at work?"

"No… I could filter when I needed to," he replied tilting his head toward Blair's voice. "I felt sensual, special. I felt your eyes… sensed your desire…"

Blair's lips brushed his.

"Yes, you have attracted my attention," he murmured. He kissed Jim with gentle thoroughness then stepped away from that tempting body.

"What will you do for me?"

"Anything."

"Strip for me. Strip me. Make love to me with all you feel."

"Is that all? That's so simple."

"It's everything, Jim. It's everything."

The clothes were shed and taken sensually. Each bit of flesh bared was savored by each man. Jim was slow and deliberate. He wanted Blair to feel the same joy for having stayed with him as Jim felt for having him. Once they were both naked, Jim gently lifted his Love into a fireman's carry and took him to his bed where he laid him down with great care. He then knelt beside him helpless to do anything but stroke those beautiful curls.

Blair grew concerned at Jim's expression and his silence.

"What's wrong?"

Jim shook his head slowly. A smile warmed his intense expression. "I love seeing you like this," Jim whispered. "Laying here wanting me... everything you feel reflected in your eyes. I was afraid it was too much... you'd given too much for me to see that again."

"I know where I belong," Blair replied running a finger along Jim's jaw. "I had a moment of crystal clarity where I saw all of the things that made me happier than I'd been in my life. Every second had you in it. I have everything I've ever wanted... a purpose... a home and love right here... with you. Now, kiss me."

Jim lowered his head as excited as he was the first time he kissed those beautiful lips. And with the first taste of him, the Sentinel couldn't get enough of the pouty mouth that once haunted his dreams or the sound and sensation of those deep throaty moans or the feel of the hot, silky skin dusted with soft hair. And his Love yielded all he could take of those pleasures and more. He thrust those slim hips up when Jim sought the salty taste of that velvety cock allowing him to know how helpless his lover was under that seeking, questing mouth. The primitive in Jim exalted in the scalding burst of Blair's surrender in his mouth. Once again the Guide was his. And once again, the Sentinel found himself helpless when those knowing hands grasped his own hardness pumping him to bursting completion.

"Love you, Blair," Jim murmured snuggling the beautiful man against him. "Never leave me."

"Won't... can't... love you too much," Blair breathed. "I'm so bound to you I can't see the seams."

The Guide dropped off to sleep leaving Jim to watch and to protect. The fog had lifted from his fear tainted brain. Blair needed to feel absolutely safe and secure in Jim's love to play. How often had the lesson been taught? How often did he forget in the grind of their lives? How patient was Genevieve with them? It really was as simple as she'd said.

Later, Jim made sandwiches and brought the meal to the sofa where they ate in a comfortable silence while exchanging sly glances. It seemed silly to be bashful after what they'd just shared, but each time the men's eyes met, both blushed and smiled. Blair was elated looking at the blushing Sentinel hiding his glances under those thick lashes. His heart was full of the love that connected them. He was so giddy that he didn't even mind the phone call that pulled him off the warm cozy sofa to a crime scene. They were really together.

This time, the vigilante's target was awake though he too had a big knot on his forehead. Blair interviewed him while Jim circled the perimeter of the attack. He was peering intently into the pair of fake binoculars Blair bought him recently to further disguise the Sentinel abilities. So intent was he on the distance, that he failed to notice Blair's approach.

"I'll attribute your startled expression to the fact that you know my scent and trust me with your life," Blair muttered. "That aside, what has your attention out there?"

"Our vigilante fancies himself a super hero -- probably has a motif and everything," Jim said. That one eyebrow was up near his hairline again.

"Motif?"

"Yeah, that's French for…"

"Okaaaaaay," Blair interrupted "What makes you think that?"

"Both of the areas where he struck can be observed from the buildings on that ridge to the north," Jim said. "He was on patrol when he spied our perps in action. Probably on the roofs of the buildings."

"How do you know that, Jim?"

The Sentinel shrugged. "'Cause that's where I'd patrol -- if you'd let me."

Blair sighed. But he was amused. "Look Captain Amazing, enough weird stuff finds us without us going to look for it."

Before Jim could once again expound on his theory that getting the jump on weirdness made it easier to deal with, his cell phone rang. Blair was grateful for the interruption until he saw the look of grave concern on Jim's face.

"I'm sending a patrol car to check your house. We'll be there as soon as possible," he said quietly.

"What's happened?'

"Someone attacked the Mistress."

"I was jogging home when it happened. If I hadn't dropped my keys, I'd be in a coma right now," Genevieve muttered petulantly while sipping white wine and pacing. Jim could still sense a slight trembling in her hands.

"What happened?" Jim asked gently.

"Some one threw or projected something dark and heavy past my head," she replied. "If it had hit me..."

"It wasn't a gunshot?" Blair asked.

"No... this had more weight to it and not that much speed," she replied. "But it did have enough punch to damage my forehead."

Jim had an odd expression on his face.

"What?" Blair demanded.

"It's the vigilante," he said with absolute certainty.

"What makes you so sure?" Blair asked.

"He thinks he's a super hero," Jim replied. "He thinks that you are a super villain, Mistress."

"That's whacked, Jim. She doesn't have a motif or any henchmen," Blair replied.

"She is the Siren and she wears very identifiable clothes and has a very definite style. And she does have henchmen," Jim said. "Us."

"Us?"

"We are her right hand men, here. We do her bidding," Jim said. "And I think that the attacks were to draw us away."

Blair blinked at him. Then he sighed. "Yeah, I guess if you follow anything about us in the paper, it would be obvious that we'd be given the vigilante case."

"Well, now that we know all of this," Genevieve interjected. "What do we do?"

"I'm certain that our vigilante will expect us to split up," Jim said. "Blair will be here with you. I'll follow up at the station."

"That's what we're going to do?" Blair asked.

Jim nodded. "Has to play that way. We don't have enough proof for Simon to let us both stay. I have to follow up on this twit's history with the PD computers.

"Besides, I think it's the only way to draw him out."

"He thinks we're vulnerable," Genevieve said.

"I doubt that. He struck by surprise and from a distance. I think he respects you. Probably just thinks his odds will be better without the mass of muscles here," Blair said.

"But he's lost his surprise and the Mistress is in her own home," Jim said. "And Blair has been training."

The Guide smiled. "You want me to hold him off?"

"There's nobody I trust more, Chief," he replied with a wink. "You have your piece?"

Blair snorted indignantly, but then had to pat himself to make sure.

"I have it, man. Geesh. And the phone is charged," Blair muttered. "Go."

Jim looked at the Mistress expectantly. She nodded.

"I feel quite safe now," she said. "Do what you need to do."

"Come back as soon as possible," Blair murmured pulling Jim into his arms for a gentle, insistent kiss. During the first hot seconds, Blair felt Jim melt. The Sentinel became the slave to his own flesh and to Blair's hungry mouth. The big man moaned leaning into his Love but not touching him. Blair could sense the struggle within his mate. And he gloried in it for a moment then gently pulled away. Jim left with a nod at both of them.

Blair sighed like a schoolgirl.

"How did things go today. He looks delicious," the Mistress murmured.

Blair smiled. "You've found yet another way to annoy Simon. There was a steady stream of interest past his desk all day long. Of course, my love was oblivious. Be he felt good and he enjoyed my reaction to him."

The Mistress sighed in exasperation. "This is such a waste. You two should be enjoying the world and each other instead of toiling amidst these lunatics. Between your appetite for experience and Jim's for sensation. You could own the world. I could show it all to you."

Blair took a deep breath. It was tempting. Genevieve had access to societies that he would love to observe. Hers was an extremely complex world that crossed many cultures. The data would stimulate his mind for years. And then there was Jim. He could test the limits of his lover's threshold for pleasure by giving him all the tastes and sights and sensations that he could handle.

"Our work, Mistress. It is important," Blair said softly.

"There is world of people out there that could use heroes," she replied.

It was tempting. But Jim needed his home and the security of his routine. Blair had grown to love all of that as well. But the pull of her offer was very strong.

"How about vacations?" Blair suggested.

Genevieve considered that for a moment. "Alright. That will do, but I will use the time to persuade you to stay with me. You know how persuasive I can be."

Blair swallowed hard. "I look forward to it, Mistress. But before we can think about that we have to catch this nut."

"What do you need?"

The Guide chuckled. "Access to a police computer network."

"Done. I can get you inside your system. Then, you can use your login and access codes," she replied. And upon Blair's gaping stare, she said: "I sometimes need to know things for my own peace of mind. Shall we?"

Blair said a prayer to the patron saint of idiot rookies, then hacked his way into the Cascade PD system. Genevieve offered him access to the FBI's as well, but he figured his boss had a better sense of humor where he was concerned than the feds did. His heart skipped a beat when he entered his codes, but the system let him in without even a hiccup.

From there, Blair entered the basics about their perp along with the key words vigilante and transvestite. While the system did it's thing, the Guide absently picked up a colorful brochure next to the PC. It was for Janine Smith, the new caterer. That interested him. Now that he had a salary, he was considering the occasional splurge for Jim's pleasure and ultimately his own. She had an interesting variety to her menu. It included items from the very elegant to diner foods.

"Very nice," Blair murmured

The reviews from various cities was on the back along with web site information and her logo. Blair had a second to glance at it before his screen exploded with data. Four cities had reported similar incidents. The first place was Philadelphia two years ago. Then there were Charlotte, Nashville and San Francisco. All the incidents fit the MO. Only Philly had any hints of mistakes. There the vigilante got banged up, but got away without anyone getting a good look.

Something tugged at Blair's attention. He was drawn back to the brochure then to the PC monitor. Then, he looked at the logo more closely.

"Mistress," Blair said in as casual a voice as he could muster. "Please, join me in the study."

The Mistress replied that she would be up right away. Blair dialed his cell phone.

"This is Blair Sandburg, Major Crimes. Officer needs assistance at 451 Pier Ave. Inform Detective James Ellison. If responding units can't get in, tell them to knock the doors down," he said. When the dispatcher acknowledge, he hung up and dialed Jim. That's when the lights went out.

"Ellison."

"Get back here quick, Jim." He dropped the phone when someone stumbled into the room.

"Mistress?"

"Yes... I think I've sprained something..." she mumbled.

"Don't try to move. I'm coming."

He quickly powered down the computer then turned it off to douse the light completely. Blair had hoped to get them out of the townhouse before Smith got up the back stairs, but that was out. He had to take her down.

"Stay still, Mistress," Blair whispered. He figured it would be easier to fight if he knew where Genevieve was in the room.

Blair gingerly stepped into the living room. His eyes were just beginning to adjust to the darkness when something whizzed past him from an even darker corner of the room. He moved quickly to avoid being hit, but it still slammed into his shoulder and bounced off in Genevieve's general direction.

"I'll be damned," Genevieve said quietly. "It's a shoe. One of those huge pumps."

"That really hurt," Blair muttered. "Who throws a shoe? I mean honestly."

The woman was on him in the next instant. Blair avoided the crescent kick to his head going after her with a kick to the solar plexus. She stumbled back then hunched over. Blair was suddenly uncertain as to whether or not she was just gearing up for another salvo or about to pull a weapon. He grimly realized he was alone with an injured person facing someone who was unbalanced. In that instant, his decision was made and the weapon was in his hands.

"Hands in the air," he said clearly. "This is over."

To his relief, the figure straightened and he could see her hands silhouetted. "So the henchman has a weapon? How do you keep that from the police department or are they in on this charade?"

"Your information is flawed," Blair replied. "I became a police officer two months ago. And this is no charade. The Siren has been working with the police and the feds for two years now."

"She is a pawn of the underworld," the vigilante hissed. "And you are as well."

"She risked her life time and again for the law," Blair said calmly. "She helped take down Doom himself. If there was some score to be had, do you think it would take over two years and all that risk? What could pass through Cascade which is worth that?"

"But... but... she has a nickname..."

"So does most of the NFL. It doesn't mean she has any nefarious schemes that involve anything more than exploring hedonism," Blair muttered.

He heard her sigh. "I've made a mistake. I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm just overtired."

"A rest. That's what you need," Blair said. "I can get you some rest..."

"Perhaps. What I need is better sources of information. The work must continue," she murmured.

"That could be, but I think rest is first," Blair said. "I hear the officers driving up now. I can take you to meet Captain Banks."

Blair was about to take out his cuffs, when the picture window crashed in behind him. And there was Jim swinging in on his grapple rope.

"Alright miscreant! You've caked your last crab!" He shouted.

Blair sighed. She had gone back down the back stairs. Seconds later he heard her van peel out of the garage. He doubted that the patrol units would catch her despite the glowing fiber glass croissant. When the lights went back on, Jim found Blair and Genevieve glaring at him in exasperation.

"What?" He demanded.

"You've caked your last crab," Genevieve muttered. "Hoist him a little higher."

"Yes, Mistress," Blair murmured.

Jim was shackled to a pad attached to the mattress about halfway down the bed. Genevieve was propped up on pillows against the headboard in a sheer negligee. Her sprained ankle was propped up as well. A glass of champagne was in hand. Blair pulled on the silken rope and Jim's legs were raised higher until they were perpendicular with the bed. His ankles were clamped with a wide spreader bar. The red marks from the previous spanking were still glowing on his skin.

This wasn't about punishment. It was about pleasure. Despite her shock over the window, Genevieve was grateful for her 'henchmen.' She had shuddered in Jim's arms over what might have happened if that nut had gone after her and she didn't have them to protect her. She wanted to celebrate their relationship. And cheer them up for the drubbing they took for letting that nut get away. Thus, the Mistress had the Guide truss up his lover. Then that lovely cock was carefully imprisoned in leather ties. Those impudent nipples were clamped and that rounded ass was soundly paddled after being carefully oiled.

She watched Jim's face as he traveled from discomfort and embarrassment to the ridges of pain to the point where pleasure begins to take over. He was suffering though with the need to come. All of the stimuli including Genevieve's arousal was becoming too much for him. It was time.

"Free his cock. Then gently sooth it."

"Yes, Mistress," Blair breathed.

"I want you to come for him, Jim. You want it, too," Genevieve said softly. "Once you come, you will have his beautiful cock filling you and pounding into you. Then, you will have his surrender."

Jim moaned as the ties were removed. Blair didn't get a real chance to sooth him. He came as soon as the Guide touched his cock. Instead of soothing him, he licked off the semen then washed it down with champagne. It was his turn for completion. He'd readied Jim with a plug earlier. He had to simply remove it, lube himself then he was sheathed in his Love's hot tightness and shouting to the rafters how good it was to fuck him.

At the Mistress' bidding, Jim was released. Blair was assessing Genevieve carefully. He smiled a mischievous smile at the Dominatrix.

"We haven't thanked you for your hospitality," he said softly. "Eat her, Jim. Make her come."

"Yes," Jim murmured. "Oh, yes."

Before she could object, he was there lapping at her, tonguing her and gently tugging at her clit. As he was prone toward things oral and hypersensitive and she was already halfway there, he had her thrashing about in minutes. He had to still her to keep from injuring her leg once again. She almost howled her orgasm.

Afterwards, they all enjoyed champagne and appetizers from a loyal vassal flown in from Paris.

"You are impertinent, Blair," she said. "That I enjoyed it is not the point."

"Forgiveness," he asked with a smile.

"Perhaps. Perhaps I can forgive this whole strange excursion. Come away with me," she said. "I want three weeks with no interruptions."

"We'll have to save up time," Jim said.

"I think it'll be worth it," Blair replied.

"Let's enjoy the food," the Mistress said.

Somewhere out in the dark, a woman in a trenchcoat and black high heels watched from the shadows. She vowed that one day soon she would fight along side them.


Home
Siren Saga 15: Comp Time
Orders 4: Covert Ops