by NovaD
 
 
 
Chapter Nine:
Climbing Walls
 
 

It was morning and Jim was home -- safely and comfortably home. They didn't catch the Wall Crawler that night. And the harrowing rooftop chase that followed their hasty departure from the Mistress' and which had left Jim dangling from a six story roof ledge and rendered Blair a white shivering mass proved conclusively that the Sentinel did not have an 'S' on his chest.

But that was behind him for the moment. He expected explosions from Blair and Simon when the shock wore off. Genevieve wasn't speaking to him after having witnessed the brush with death. Her silence frightened him far more than a reaming by his lover or his boss. They would forgive him eventually. The Mistress might not.

Even that could be forgotten for the moment. Jim was in his favorite place at his favorite time of day. He was naked and covered with the warm and cuddly Guide sleeping peacefully with his head on the curve of his neck. Or Jim thought that Blair was asleep. He heard a rumbling in his abdomen which was not hunger.

"Blair, what could be that funny at this hour?" He asked with mild exasperation.

"I can just hear what she'll say when Simon asks you to take her up on the offer of using her townhouse. 'Haven't you people in the rustic backwater heard of sarcasm?'" He said in a flawless impersonation.

Jim smiled but it was a wistful expression. "Careful, Chief. Mimicking the Mistress can get you in as much trouble with her as I am. I seriously doubt she'll be in the mood to do her civic duty."

Blair propped himself on his elbows to consider his lover. "The Mistress will forgive you for scaring the bejesus out of her."

"What makes you so sure?" Jim asked. "I've seen her dismiss subs from service without blinking."

"I saw Genevieve's eyes when she told Jet Lin to go. There was nothing in her eyes for him. She was frantic when she saw you on that ledge. Then furious," he said planting a firm kiss on Jim's parted lips. "Almost as furious as I was of you."

Jim wanted that pouty mouth on his again parting against him, seeking his tongue. He wanted to take or be taken by that mouth. But Jim's gorgeous lover was just considering him with those smoldering blue eyes. He wanted those eyes glazed with ecstasy. The Guide did react to his Sentinel's hardening cock.

"She'll look into those crystal blue eyes so vibrant with warmth and passion and that mouth so willing to please and this... oh, man... lethal body..." he murmured then groaned. Blair let out a frustrated sigh. He grabbed Jim firmly on either side of his head and glared at him.

"The Mistress would demand to know why she spends so much time training this perfect physical form to experience the limits of pleasure... to live life experiencing every bit of pleasure each fiber of your being when you try to throw it all away grasping at the wind."

There was something about Blair's expression and the way he held him that made Jim feel his power. What was she teaching him?

"You are such a beautiful being, Jim... it would be a tragic waste to those of us privileged to know you to lose you over some two bit burglar," he whispered huskily.

"Blair... please..."

"Why shouldn't I deny you? You nearly denied me forever," he said quietly.

"That wasn't the plan, babe. And I swear I'll be more careful. The last thing I want to do is leave you," Jim whispered. "Forgive me, Blair."

Blair sighed. "How can I not? Love you too much. Want you too much."

Then that lush mouth was on his again demanding and yielding at once. Jim cupped Blair's ass with one hand while the other stroked and toyed with the Guide's thick curls. This was his favorite part of the day. They went at it lazily kissing and nuzzling and savoring. Blair was a narcotic to his senses. He felt overwhelmed physically and emotionally.

Jim turned Blair covering the Guide. He imprisoned Blair's face for the assault of kisses. He pinned the smaller body aligning their erections. He wanted to overwhelm his incredible lover in the same way he felt overwhelmed. Blair didn't fight it. He surrendered his body giving up his mouth and moving his hips in time with Jim's. The Guide was his absolutely once again. Jim exalted in the surrender as much as he did the physical pleasure which was mind numbing. They were on the peak together. Blair's moan sent them over. Jim increased the pressure and speed at the sound. He felt Blair's shout into the kiss and the deep shudder afterward as Jim answered in kind.

Jim held Blair for those few precious moments before they absolutely had to get ready to leave.

"I love you," the Sentinel whispered. "I am yours forever."

Blair nuzzled against him. "I love you. You own my soul."

Jim quietly kissed Blair again. "We gotta go to work, babe," Jim said. "And I'd better shower first or I'll fuck you all day. You look too good wet and we're going to be late."
 
 

Blair might have been upset with Jim's flight from their bed, but it was a compliment of sorts. The soaping always led to other things. Blair knew he would have ended up pressed against the tiles with his beloved pushing into him while nuzzling at his neck. Then they would be quite late for work. Considering the attitude of Simon Banks when they parted, that wouldn't have been wise.

Blair came out of the shower and quickly dressed in his old room. He could smell the coffee, but Jim was not in the kitchen -- nor was he in his bedroom. On a hunch, Blair wandered up to the roof with two cups.

The Sentinel was watching Cascade in the cold morning sunlight. Blair walked up behind him and watched him in stoic observation.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking out over the city," he said quietly.

"Your the City?"

Jim smiled slightly. "Yes, chum, my the City."

Blair handed him the coffee. "Everything will be okay. I'll be with you."

"Let's go to work."
 
 

Simon was still not pleased, but he was a whole lot quieter during the briefing. That was a relief. What was a surprise was Cassie's presence at the meeting.

"Ms. Wells was a part of the special unit which investigated the Wall Crawler in San Francisco. She's going to give us what she knows about his MO and targets."

Cassie was thorough in her presentation. She knew what kinds of resins and rope he used; the types of instruments involved in the break ins. Jim and Blair listened carefully.

"It's too bad we don't know where the crime scene is," Jim said.

"That's another problem. Most of his victims were away from their homes. The robberies weren't typically discovered for days," Cassie said. "Cold trail."

"Maybe not this time," Banks said. "We got a call in this morning from a couple whose skylight got ventilated. They got back early from their vacation because of El Nino. I want you to move on it. Cassie, you too."

"Right, sir," Jim said.

"Jim, you hold on a minute," Banks said.

"Yes, sir."

"I'll get my gear," Cassie said.

"I'll help," Blair said.

They more or less ran out of the room.

As the door closed, Simon kicked back his chair.

"You can relax, Jim. I'm not going to yell anymore. It seemed like Blair and Ms. Arnaud had that covered."

"Yes, sir," Jim sighed.

"I need to talk to you about Ms. Arnaud. We may need to impose upon her again," he said.

Jim smiled a small smile. "She figured as much."

"This will be a little different. We'll need at least one other officer to monitor the surveillance equipment," he said. "This guy apparently cases a neighborhood thoroughly before moving. We can't risk having vans out on the street."

"That shouldn't be a problem. She has a lot of private rooms where she can retreat," Jim replied. "As long as the stay isn't indefinite."

"We shouldn't be there more than a week, but don't give a definite number," Banks said.

"She has deliveries going in and out all the time. It shouldn't be difficult to slip the equipment and personnel in," Jim mused.

"I didn't think that would be a problem," Banks said. "But there is someone who may be."

"Sir?"

"Cassie will have to be part of this. She doesn't know anything about the 'arrangement' with Ms. Arnaud," Banks said. "I want you to keep the cover intact."

Jim understood. Major Crimes would never question his motives. They probably figured there were legitimate reasons for his involvement with Genevieve. Thus, they never asked. But letting the secret out beyond Blair and Simon could endanger the Mistress. However, a misguided rumor could brand him as a dirty cop to the rest of Cascade PD.

"I understand, sir."

"You're sure?"

"I'm only risking my reputation. That's been in dispute from time to time already. She's risking her life to help us," Jim said. "I'll let Blair know."

"Move out."

Jim couldn't bring himself to tell Simon that the Mistress may turn him away. He'd decided to chance that Blair was right about her still caring.
 
 

The crime scene was a spectacular penthouse condo in the building next to the one Jim and Blair saw the Wall Crawler climbing on. That building was taller and had more ledges. Jim figured he climbed down to the penthouse in the next building and was spotted when he was on his way back.

While Cassie got absorbed in her instruments, Blair guided Jim through the rooms opening up for anything that was unusual while trying to filter out the very irate victims.

"El Nino, I tell him over and over. Why would we want to visit his brother with El Nino," Mrs. Loomis screeched. "But Billy says the news is malarkey. The weather is beautiful. Billy is an idiot..."

Blair gazed at Jim levelly. Jim nodded and let his hearing go down to nearly nothing. He pitied Blair and Mr. Loomis for that matter. Blair guided him to the skylight. The opening provided little but the resin. He let his sense of smell follow the sight and noted the chemical scent.

The Guide was in front of Jim beckoning with his eyes. The Sentinel allowed his hearing to return.

"...we coulda went to Hawaii but oh, no..."

Jim looked at Blair pointedly.

"Look, I have to listen to her, too. Besides, Cassie's done," Blair said.

Jim nodded. "I have some questions for her. Let's get out of here."

They bid the Loomis' good day with the promise of Cascade PD's best efforts to get their property back.

"Cassie, that resin... is it hard to get rid of once its on the skin?" Jim asked.

"Oh, yeah. There would be particles everywhere," she said.

Jim wondered if Genevieve was home. They were just down the block from the townhouse. He wondered if she would speak to him.

"Hey, watch it!" A voice shouted from down the street. Then, there was a cacaphony of car horns. Jim looked in the direction of the commotion. There was a rollerblader weaving through moving traffic.

"What the..." Jim said. He focused his vision and realized the skater was Genevieve. She weaved successfully until she was just about in front of them. That's when a car came around the corner out of her line of sight. Jim reacted pulling the Mistress clear of the intersection in a split second. He held her against his body to reassure himself that she was alright.

"Thank God," he whispered. "Thank God."

As he held her in that moment another reaction set in his mind. Jim pushed back from her gently.

"Mistress," he whispered tightly. The reality of the possible loss and the reason were taking hold of him. "What in the world were you doing? What were you thinking"

Genvieve gazed up at him. It was a pointed gaze. The meaning was clear. He felt like a heel. He pulled the Mistress back into his arms.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you or Blair like that. God, I must have made you both crazy," he murmured in her hair.

Jim was still holding her when Blair and Cassie caught up to them.

"Jim, is she okay?" Blair asked.

"Yes," he whispered.

"What were you thinking risking your life for something so insane," Cassie demanded.

"Ms. Arnaud is doing what she does best," Jim murmured. "Instructing me. Let me take you home. I have to talk to you. A message from Simon."

"Really? How intriguing." She tried to push off but almost crumbled.

Jim lifted the Mistress into his arms. "Allow me. It would be a pleasure."

"Has he earned, my beauty?" Genevieve asked of Blair.

"I think you've gotten through," Blair smiled. "So have I."

"You may take me home then."

"Thank you."

"What is going on here?" Cassie asked.

Genevieve seemed to appraise her for the briefest moment then dismissed her.

"Umm, Cassie... come here for a minute," Blair said steering her away. He signaled for Jim to go. "Genevieve Arnaud is a very... eccentric woman. Captain Banks asked us to get her cooperation in this case. Jim has to play things her way or we won't get it."

"Okay, I won't ask. I'll have the report later this afternoon," she said.

Blair followed. Jim was just clearing the threshold when he caught up. Jim swept into her living room and gently placed the Mistress on the sofa.

"May I touch your leg, Mistress? I need to see where you are injured," Jim said.

"Proceed."

Jim very gently ran his fingers over her right leg. "You've pulled a muscle on the outside of your knee. I can feel the swelling already."

"You will be punished, pet."

"I know. Allow me to take you to your room. I need to wrap it immediately," Jim said.

"Proceed."

Jim sent Blair to soak a washcloth then microwave it. He covered it in a dry cloth which Jim placed on her bared knee and wrapped it with an ace bandage.

Jim settled her in bed propped up on pillows with some herbal tea Blair brewed.

"Mothering me will not save you, Pet," Genevieve murmured.

"I know. I will be available to take care of you and to receive punishment," Jim said. "But I must ask a favor of you."

"Oh?"

"Cascade PD needs to use your home as a base for surveillance to find the Wall Crawler," Jim said with his head bowed.

"Haven't you people in this rustic backwater heard of sarcasm?" She demanded.

"I think I hear the kettle," Blair said bolting from the room.

Jim heard his Guide laughing somewhere in the house. His exasperation kept him from laughing as well.

"What would this entail?"

"Our presence for the duration... And one other officer per eight hour shift," Jim said. "Your cover will not be breached."

"How would you maintain it?"

"You treat us as your property no matter who is present," Jim said simply.

"Look at me, Pet."

Jim met her gaze.

"Thus, you may be labeled."

"Yes. But I have been here before. And you will be protected, Mistress," Jim said.

Genevieve grew silent and thoughtful.

"This is not important enough to do if you have misgivings," Jim said. "You have been very helpful."

"And you have saved my life," Genevieve said simply. "And you still want to protect me."

"Yes. Always."

"Make your arrangements, Pet. Send Blair to me," she said.

Jim seemed fine to Blair when he found the Guide in the study.

"It's a good thing that the Mistress is not a Sentinel," Jim muttered. "I should paddle you."

Blair pressed himself to Jim. "You wish you could, but it will be the other way and you know it."

Jim found himself lost in his lover's eyes. His heart fluttered at the thought of Blair taking control of him.

"Stop distracting me. Genevieve has agreed," Jim said. "She wants to talk to you."

Blair found the Mistress propped up in bed smiling at him.

"You look so much better than the pale trembling man you were last night," she said.

Blair blushed. "We worked things out this morning."

"All things seem reasonable when covered with that big warm body," she sighed.

"Big, warm, hard body," Blair said.

"He is incredible, but he really needs to be taken more firmly in hand," Genevieve said. "His heart is sincere enough, but he has forgotten as much as he remembers of his training."

"What can I do to help?" Blair asked. He didn't think that staring at them with a massive erection would help, but he was willing to try.

"You are a top, my sweet. It's time to begin your training," she said.

"Okay. How?"

"First, I'll have Jim chronicle his training. It may remind him of why he endured it and it will reveal a lot to you," she said. "Next, we have to explore your limits so that you can empathize with Jim."

Blair nodded. He didn't trust himself to speak.

"Your biggest battle will be with your own body," Genevieve said quietly. "Your own sexuality is your biggest hurdle. Jim can reach through your resolve with his words or even a glance and melt your will."

Blair swallowed hard. "I know. Just thinking about him makes me... you know."

"Yes, I do. And once you hear Jim's version of his training, you will understand that he enjoys the torture as much as you," she said. "And I will train you to resist his considerable attributes."

"I look forward to it," Blair said.

"Mistress..." Jim said from the doorway.

Genevieve looked up.

"Arrangements have been made. A crew will arrive as your usual caterer. May we use the study? It has a view of the street."

"Yes, you may."

"We will set up as quickly as possible. Only one officer will be here per shift as I said. But we will be here the entire time."

"What about your classes?"

"I'm hoping this will be over before it's an issue," Blair said. "If not, I'll get someone to cover. It won't take long, right Jim?"

"Shouldn't. He usually strikes in a quick flurry," Jim said. "Cassie'll bring by his dossier."

"Enough cop talk. I have instructions for you."

Jim was kneeling beside the bed in an instant. Genevieve petted his hair. Jim closed his eyes.

"I want you to write a chronicle of your training for Blair," she said. "Tell him everything -- even what you never told me."

Jim swallowed then looked levelly at his Guide. Blair was almost shaken by the naked vulnerability. It made Blair afraid of the consequences of such an act. But then the warmth was in Jim's gaze.

"Yes, Mistress," he said softly. "It will take some time to find the right words."

"Take your time. Give him a page or two at a time," she said. "But you will do it, because it is important."

"Yes, Mistress."

Jim lowered his eyes. He seemed to be holding himself in check. Blair responded instinctively. He rose from Genevieve's bed to stand before Jim. The Guide gently placed his hands on either side of the Sentinel's face. Then he kissed him tenderly and thoroughly. Jim held his hands. He received the kiss with relish.

"Thank you," Jim whispered when Blair raised his mouth.

"My pleasure," Blair breathed against Jim's forehead. "Let's get to work."

Genevieve watched Jim exhale slowly. His body became less pliant as he stood. In seconds, he was the powerful law enforcement officer that she trusted with her home, her business and her life. He looked at the Mistress.

"I will keep you informed, Mistress," he said.

"Go to work, sweet ones."
 
 

Genevieve was nowhere in sight when the surveillance equipment was put into place. Blair was not surprised at how exacting Jim was that nothing be disturbed. The techs from Cascade PD were a little testy but fortunately for all involved, they complied without comment. When they left, Blair placed his hands gently on Jim's shoulders.

"You have to relax, man," he said gently then kissed his temple.

"But her things..."

"Genevieve wouldn't want you to burst a vessel over some stuff she can replace," Blair whispered in his ear. "Besides, any mistakes would give her reason to punish you. You know how she enjoys that."

Jim turned towards Blair's lips. His eyes were lost in Blair's deep blues. "What is she teaching you, Chief?"

Blair brushed his lips against Jim's. "She'll tell you when she wants to, but you'll enjoy it."

The doorbell interrupted the ensuing tongue duel.

"Who gets first watch?" Blair asked. "Maybe we can play some poker."

Jim's look of pleasant expectation didn't last long. Then Blair heard the voice as well.

"Cassie," Blair sighed. "I'd hoped that Genevieve would be working..."

"You too?" Jim said. "I thought I was being paranoid."

Cassie burst into the room prattling away about everything at once as she always did. Amidst the din, Blair gathered that Cassie was impressed with the elegant opulence of the townhouse, but dismayed that a night club could bankroll such a place. That segued into a filibuster about the amazing sensitivity of the mikes in the surveillance equipment.

Jim was listening with glazed eyes awaiting for the germ of information that may be useful. Suddenly his head whipped around.

"No... don't..." Jim whispered. He bolted from the room.

Blair shrugged at Cassie's confusion, then directed her attention back to the equipment.

"I'll have something light brought in with the Bichot Chablis. Blair can reheat your bandage," Jim said as he carried Genevieve into the livingroom and placed her on the sofa. "Should I have your assistant bring some work? This tends to be dull."

"That will be fine, but I will still observe. It is like the Beauty's interest," she said.

"You think we're like a primitive tribe in New Guinea?" Jim sighed with a smile.

"Sometimes," Genevieve replied.

Jim shook his head. "I'll get Blair for you."

Cassie was still talking when Blair was snatched from the study. By the time the forensics tech noticed, the Mistress was the only one in the room.

"Where did they go?"

Genevieve gazed up from her newspaper. "Jim is arranging to a snack and dinner for later with the cook. Blair is reheating my bandage."

"Why didn't they tell me?"

"They probably did, but since you never stop talking, I doubt you noticed," she replied.

The girl gazed at Genevieve as if she couldn't believe what she was saying.

"Why would they be... serving you like that?"

"What else would they be doing?" Genevieve said with mild annoyance.

"Wha..."

Blair was in the room then. He was instantly at her feet reapplying the bandage.

"The swelling is very slight," he said.

"I should be fine in the morning."

"I wouldn't advise rollerblading," Blair said.

"Nor would I," Genevieve said. She gently fingered his curls. "How are things with you?"

"They're good. Really good. Thank you," he said nuzzling against her hand.

"What is going on?" Cassie sputtered.

"Far be it for me to dictate police matters, but should she not be monitoring those scanners or whatever..." Genevieve said.

Jim rolled in a cart of finger foods and a bottle chilling in an ice bucket.

"Cassie, why aren't you monitoring the street?" Jim asked. "You could miss this guy in a split second."

"Maybe I should take first watch. You seem distracted," Blair said.

"I'm fine," Cassie said tensely. She turned on her heel and stormed out of the room.

Genevieve paid her no mind. It seemed to Blair that the moment he and Jim entered the room that Cassie simply didn't exist.

Jim served the sandwiches and poured Genevieve a glass of wine.

"Sarah will be up with your paperwork shortly," Jim said. "Are you okay here?"

"Fine. Go on to work."

Blair arranged some sandwiches on a tray for Cassie then followed Jim inside the study. The forensic tech's back was rigid and her eyes were glued to the monitors.

"We brought you some sandwiches, Cassie. You should take advantage of the food here. It's great," Blair said.

"Oh, we finished kissing her highness' butt?" Cassie asked crisply.

"We haven't been allowed to do that tonight," Blair mumbled.

"What?"

"And I'd watch that tone. Ms. Arnaud is doing the department a favor," Jim said.

Cassie jumped out of her seat. Blair slid into it handing her the tray. "I'm sorry. I don't know her like you apparently do. It's not my place to judge."

The tension dissipated somewhat. The attention was turned back to the case.

"In the two years, he has hit San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Philadelphia in the US. Paris, Singapore and Tokyo overseas," Cassie said. "There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where he strikes."

"Repeat those cities," Genevieve called from the other room.

By then, Cassie was already talking about something else and didn't hear the request.

"Cassie... Cassie..." Jim said.

"What?"

"Repeat the cities where the Wall Crawler struck," he said.

She did.

Jim went into the living room. Cassie was behind him.

"Mistress?" Jim asked without thinking.

"Mistress?" Cassie repeated.

Genevieve ignored her. "Go online to the web site for Le Monde. It's in my bookmarks. Look for the 14-7-97 edition in the archive."

Jim complied. "I don't think we'll need the equipment after all. We know his name."

"Give, man," Blair called over his shoulder.

"Guy Cirroq, stunt man and scaler of big buildings for publicity," Jim said.

"I've always wondered how that idiot could afford to be arrested so often," Genevieve said from afar. "He has some expensive lawyers."

"Cirroq was financing his stunts and casing his next job," Jim said.

"What's next?" Blair asked.

"I'll have Simon run the dates of the stunts against the robberies. I'll also have him check the hotels. This goof thinks he's still anonymous. He may have used his own name," Jim said.

Jim got on the phone. Blair was still watching the monitor. Cassie wandered into the living room where Genevieve was working on some files.

"We won't be bothering you much longer," Cassie said brightly.

"Jim and Blair never bother me. If I had my way, I would have them with me always," she said. "But no one can interfere in their destiny -- not even me."

"Their destiny?"

Genevieve looked at Cassie levelly. "You interest me in a mild way. I don't understand how a trained observer can see so little."

"Why are you being such a bitch to me?"

"Oh, I can be a lot sterner than this, my dear. You are receiving my courtesy as a guest in my home," the Mistress replied.

"I'd hate to see you impolite."

"That is without doubt."

"Why do you hate me?"

Genevieve sighed. "I am ambivalent to you. What I don't understand is why you care what I think. Supposedly you are a professional. What should matter is doing your job."

"Then I'll evoke an investigative question. Why did he call you Mistress?" Cassie asked.

"That's what I am to him."

"And Blair?"

Genevieve smiled wistfully. "Unfortunately, no. But he and I will have an interesting and satisfying relationship nonetheless."

"I don't understand you. You speak in riddles."

"I speak quite plainly. You must learn to listen," Genevieve said once again dismissing the woman and returning to her reading.

"Simon agreed that we can pull the team out, but he wants to wait until we can actually locate Cirroq," Jim said. "We won't be imposing on you for more than tonight."

"You are never an imposition," Genevieve said. "But I must trouble you to take me to my room. I'm going to get some rest."

"My pleasure."
 
 

The night went, as most stakeouts do, slowly and uneventfully. Jim was relieved that Cassie finally settled down to the monitor. That gave Jim a little time to check on Blair who'd fallen asleep on the sofa.

The Guide was half sitting with his head at an awkward angle.

"Come on, Chief. Let me straighten you out," Jim said maneuvering his love's limp form so that he was lying flat on the sofa.

He covered Blair with the crocheted afghan Genevieve keep there. The Guide looked so beautiful in repose that Jim couldn't resist stroking his curls. That led to caressing his cheek.

"What the hell," Jim whispered lowering his head.

Blair's lips parted under Jim's. His tongue responded to the caresses lazily. He was teetering between desire and sleep. All it would take was for Jim to increase his insistence. Reluctantly, Jim ended the kiss. Blair smiled sweetly then snuggled into the blanket.

The Sentinel smiled at his love. Blair really did sleep sexy. When Jim looked up, he saw Cassie staring at him dumbfounded. The intrusion into their privacy annoyed the detective. The fact that she once again left the monitors exasperated him beyond words.

He brushed past her then took the seat in front of the equipment.

"Blair is your lover?" She asked quietly.

"He is my love."

"For how long?"

"Quite a while now."

"When you asked me out?"

Jim smiled a small smile. "Yes."

"I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I see it?"

"Very few people do. People see the images they expect," Jim shrugged. "We haven't come out because of the realities of the police force and Blair's status. But we don't really hide. Anyone really looking would see."

"Yeah," Cassie sighed. "He lights up when you walk in the room. He kisses you in his sleep. What am I to you?"

"A friend," Jim said. "We value our friends. We need them."

"And Genevieve?"

"A great friend to me. And to Blair."

"And the Mistress part?"

"I'm not allowed to say. But Genevieve would tell you that you could learn without me saying a word. Blair did," Jim replied.

Cassie grew quiet. The rest of the night passed routinely. The Wall Crawler was nowhere to be seen.
 
 

Genevieve woke Jim the next morning. He was asleep in the chair next to the monitor station. Cassie was actually watching the screen.

"How is your leg?" He whispered.

"A little stiff. I need to move," she replied. "Why don't you and the Beauty and your colleague have hot showers. Breakfast will be ready soon."

"Cassie, why don't you go first. Genevieve's bathrooms are amazing," Jim said.

"I have a lovely set of silk knits. It has an oversized tunic and drawstring pants -- never worn," Genevieve said with a smile.

"I don't have to be asked twice. I hate sleeping in my clothes," Cassie said.

Jim's cell phone rang. "Ellison... yeah? That's great. I'll tell Genevieve."

"They've got a line on Cirroq. A unit is at his hotel now. He's left his passport in the hotel safe," Jim said. "I'll have the equipment out of here after breakfast."

"You can get away from that dreadful screen then," Genevieve said. "Show Cassie to the guest room. You and Blair can use the master bath."

It was a wise move to get Cassie out of the way before waking Blair. As soon as the Guide was awake, his limbs were entangled around the Sentinel. He blindly kissed up the broad hard chest despite the fabric to his neck. Blair nuzzled and sucked his neck briefly before seeking his mouth.

Jim pulled Blair close with a growl. Genevieve smiled as the Sentinel rushed the Guide to the master bath. They were just inside when Blair finally leveraged himself to set his lush mouth against his lover's. Jim pressed Blair against the nearest wall for leverage as the Guide relentlessly tongue fucked him.

Somehow, Jim kept the presence of mind to pry free Blair's limbs and start undressing him. The Guide capitulated or rather he didn't hinder Jim pulling off his clothes and socks. The Guide was less helpful in his efforts to help Jim undress himself. He finally had to sit his lover on the vanity chair in front of the counter to finish. Blair watched him with huge eyes moaning with each inch of exposed skin.

"Get the lube behind you," Jim said hoarsely as he struggled with his jeans.

Blair didn't help his concentration much either. The Guide bent over in front of him, spread his cheeks and began to prepare himself with the lube. By the third finger, Jim was about to rip the pants apart. With a concentrated yank and a little body english, he was finally free.

Jim impaled Blair with one stroke to the hilt. He held the Guide by the waist then turned them so that Jim was sitting on the vanity stool with Blair in his lap with a firm hand around the Guide's erection. It didn't take long for Blair to regain his coordination enough to ride Jim's cock with slow sensuous undulation. Jim responded with the same motion. Without any prompting the speed increased. Jim bit Blair gently between the shoulder blades. That was enough to send the Guide over. Jim went still then growled with release.

"Mornin', Jim," Blair murmured as he leaned back on the Sentinel's chest.

"Mornin', Chief," Jim replied kissing Blair's temple. "You seem well rested."

"Yeah. Now I'm hungry."

"Let's get clean then."
 
 

Breakfast was a delight even without the presence of the Mistress. Genevieve had a staff meeting at the Club which was unavoidable. Jim, Blair and Cassie attacked the mushroom omelettes and fresh fruit salad with wild abandon. The guys noticed that for once, Cassie was too preoccupied with the food to talk until they were leaving.

"Everything about this place and Ms. Arnaud screams expensive," Cassie said as they headed for their vehicles. "She must have some great night clubs."

"She's got a great head for business," Jim replied. "And a very well heeled clientele."

"If you say so," Cassie replied. "I'll meet you at Cirroq's hotel."

Blair waited until they were in the truck before he spoke.

"You think she'll start digging?" He asked.

"I hope not," Jim replied. "Her good intentions could end up getting the Mistress killed."
 
 

Cirroq chose the old yet dignified Cascade Inn for his stay. In it's heyday, the twelve story deco style building housed some of the Northwest's most wealthy businessmen during their trading junkets. Though it was a bit shabby around the edges, Jim still liked the hotel and the elegant service the staff still practiced.

Simon informed them that Cirroq's room was on the 6th floor. Jim persuaded the Captain to pull his men back and allow him and Blair to wait in the man's room. He figured that would be a no fuss no muss arrest. Blair thought it sounded reasonable, but he also knew that plans seldom go smoothly -- especially for him and the Sentinel.

"A clandestine rendez-vous in a hotel," Blair murmured nervously. "Tempting..."

"Blair, we're on duty," Jim said laughing at his own words. "Like that's stopped us. Now even Cassie knows."

"What?"

"She saw me tucking you in," Jim said.

Blair smiled. "You kissed me."

"Yeah."

"I'm glad. It was getting really annoying having her think that we were so hot for her," Blair said. "She was just so sure."

"I know. She feels silly now."

"I'm relieved, too."

They grew quiet for a while. Jim cast his hearing out and there was no one approaching.

"Blair, the Mistress wants me to tell you about my training, because she wants to train you," Jim said quietly. "Does she mean to leave me?"

"No," Blair replied. He took Jim's face in his hands. "She knows you want me to top you. She wants to see that. She'll enjoy the whole process. So will you."

The impulse to kiss him was stilled by a sound down the hall.

"Someone's coming. Let's hide in the bathroom," Jim said.

That made sense, because there was no where else to hide. But somehow, Blair didn't think it sounded particularly heroic to burst from the bathroom with arms akimbo. He followed anyway.

A short while later, someone was in the room softly singing Chabawamba. Jim heard a bag with jingly objects set on the bed. He pointed to Blair and made a motion for the phone then drew his gun.

The Sentinel burst through the door as Blair made the call.

"Cascade PD -- freeze!" Jim said.

Cirroq looked startled. "I have not even made the climb."

"You are under arrest for robbery. Put your hands on your head now!" Jim said.

Cirroq had other plans. He threw the bag at Jim. Blair saw the pepper spray as Jim knocked the bag out of the way.

"No!" Blair shouted. He manhandled Jim out of the way fearful of the effects on his partner The spray never came. There was the sound of a muffled explosion. When they turned, Cirroq was gone and a heavy cord was dangling in the opened window.

Jim looked out of the window. "He's got a grappling gun. I want one of those."

Blair stared at him for a moment. "Now what?"

"I'm going after him," Jim said, climbing onto the window sill.

"Jim!"

"It's six stories up and there isn't any other structure he can leap to," Jim said climbing onto the window sill. "He's all out of roof."

Jim began to walk up the side of the wall. He heard Blair behind him.

"What are you doing, Chief?"

"If you fall, I'm not being left behind," Blair said.

"But your vertigo!"

"I'll look at your butt. Start climbing!"

They got up one story when Simon looked out a window.

"How did you know that the roof door was sealed?"

Jim tried to form an answer.

"I'll have a chopper up there ASAP."

"Right, sir," Jim said.

Two stories later, a handsome dark haired man with elegant features and a gold medal draped around his neck peeked out. Both men paused.

"It's Brian Boitano!" Jim said.

"Yeah, it's Brian Boitano!," Blair added. "What incredible irony."

"I just wanted say that I think the Cascade PD is doing a fabulous job protecting the city," he said with a happy a happy lilt. "And you look great doing it."

"Thanks," Jim said.

They continued to climb.

"I can't believe that we actually met... that we actually spoke to the Brian Boitano," Blair said.

At the next floor, Simon looked out again.

"Wouldn't this be faster if you took the elevator to the last floor?"

"Almost there, sir," Jim said.

Blair couldn't believe they made it. Jim looked about with satisfaction.

"This is a good roof for a fight," he said.

Cirroq stopped struggling to pull the door open.

"Fight? I don't fight," he said. "I am an artiste. Arrest me if you will, but I will climb again."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jim said as the chopper approached.
 
 

Back in Genevieve's lair, Jim was shackled standing to the bed post at the left side of the foot of her bed. His ass and thighs were on fire from the lashes from the Mistress' favorite leather strap. Her diminutive size belied a lot of strength. He had forgotten what her full wrath was like.

That wasn't the worst part. The real pain was the throbbing cock she'd imprisoned in the tight ring. He wasn't allowed to come and his release was a few feet away writhing in ecstasy.

Jim was forced to watch in silent agony while the Mistress licked and sucked the Guide to a frenzy. Then, she mounted Blair and rode him. This sensuous pair in the throes of such intense pleasure was driving him crazy, but he couldn't look away. They looked too good.

When they came, he swore he'd stopped breathing. When his mind cleared, Jim was free of the shackles. Genevieve was leading him to the study. She made him sit at the desk.

"You may have him when you have written at least two pages," she said. "I don't know why I am so lenient with you. Do not take advantage."

"No, Mistress," he whispered. "Thank you, Mistress."

She touched his hair gently, then withdrew.

Jim got to work.

Home
Siren Saga 10: Lila